PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon General Poll #31 - Favorite Pokémon Trainer

Oryx
November 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Pokémon General Poll #31 - Favorite Pokémon Trainer

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9b/RS_May.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/0e/JBracelet.png/150px-JBracelet.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/2c/YellowSecondchapter.png/180px-YellowSecondchapter.png

Lately we've been focusing on the Pokémon side of things, and while they're obviously very important to the series, so are the people behind it all. The trainers of these Pokémon have honed their skills, raised them with care, and become their masters, respected partners, and best friends. So, which trainer is your favorite of all the trainers? Keep in mind that the trainers can include trainers from the anime, manga, or games, so keep your mind open!

Thanks to shengar for this week's poll idea!
Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=258095) with it!

PlatinumDude
November 27th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Video games: Hilbert; I like his design; May comes in close for prettiness.

Anime: Ash; I like his headstrong personality and how he cares for his Pokemon; Tobias comes in close for having a nearly unstoppable Darkrai.

Manga: Emerald; I felt sorry for him during his childhood.

Hikamaru
November 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
My fave Trainers:

Games: Hilda, Elesa, Bianca and Cheren.

Anime: Ash, Dawn, Iris, Cilan and Paul.

Manga: Don't know.

miltankRancher
November 28th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Games: For me it is Barry. He is somewhat like me, very reckless and impatient atimportant things. Steven is a close candidate.

anime: Ash. He is really determined in his dreams (which after five regions he has not yet achieved).

manga; I don't know.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
November 28th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Touko :: self explanatory xD;
N :: GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS <33333333
Skyla :: Super awesome design <3
Elesa :: Wittiest gym everrrr :D
Iris :: Super puffy hair =D
Bianca :: So clumsy :'D

Ineffable~
November 28th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I don't watch the anime or read the manga so I'll just say it in general terms. :3
In no particular order:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/10/VSBianca.png Bianca is probably my favourite. She's cute and I like her style. As soon as I saw her in the beginning of White I thought, "oh my gosh she's cool." I am jealous of her hat. Also I like how she's the only rival that doesn't keep pursuing "Pokémon mastery" and actually forms a realistic goal. I think her character shows Pokémon training and being a "champion" is not for everyone and I like that.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c9/VSN.png N is just cool. He just is. Try to debate this and I will simply say "no you're wrong" because you would be if you tried to say N isn't cool.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ce/VSLance.png I like Lance because he appeared in each generation. I grew up with him. :3 He was also my favourite supporting character in Gold because he was such an awesome help at defeating Team Rocket. He also gave me an HM and I'm always grateful whenever that happens. Oh and let's not forget DRAGON MASTER!!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d8/C_Kris.png Kris was the first girl character I got to play as in Pokémon, in fact I think she was the first female character I ever played as at all. Crystal was one of my favourite games and she was my favourite character to play as at the time. She's very special to me. <3

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b1/VSCynthia.png Cynthia is probably my favourite champion. I like that she's the only female champion and that she has a variety of Pokémon rather than focusing on one single type. I also like her battle music and the Pokémon she used. Some of the Pokémon she uses in her champion battle are some of my favourites to this day. I also think she's very beautiful and the little weird things hanging from her hair remind me of Umbreon, one of my favourite Pokémon. <3 She also has a really cool involvement in the story, just like Lance. So many things to like. n_n

I usually try to pick just one, but I don't feel like it this time. I prefer to leave it at this. :)

Mr Cat Dog
November 29th, 2011, 06:49 AM
The only trainers that I've thought have had a modicum of personality are actually Jesse and James from the anime. I can't remember anything about Brock or Misty or Ash or whatever, but I can remember the Team Rocket intro theme nearly word-for-word, as well as most of their Pokemon up to when I stopped watching (Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Wobbuffet, Meowth etc.) They've obviously made more of an impact on me, so they get my vote almost by default.

Sora
November 29th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Red from Pokemon Special would have to be my general favorite, between all the trainers from either the manga, game, or anime. Of course, people who've known me for a while would already know this, ahah! But, he's amazing, and even though it doesn't show, he's still one of my top favorite males protagonists in general.

There are other trainers that I really like as well but uh... Red. :'D

Palladium
November 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I don't really have a preference, but if I was to chose, it'd be Red. I like his design, and the fact he doesn't speak make me love him even more

miju-kun
November 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Games: Red, Sabrina, Hoenn Gym Leaders :P
Anime: Hoenn Gym Leaders, May and Drew
Manga: all or...Red and Yellow.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
November 30th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Leaf. She's cute, she's tough, and she's definitely underappreciated, since a certain other, male, trainer keeps stealing her glory again and again (I still don't understand that n00b's popularity) ... she definitely needs more love, especially from the ones who created her in the first place. But yeah, Leaf is the ultimate trainer, and puts all others to shame with her awesomeness.

Other notable trainers include Giovanni, Blaine, Lorelei, Jasmine, Cipher Admin Ein, and Miror B.

As for the anime, maybe some of the cuter "characters of the day?" Because the main cast has always gotten on my nerves.

But yeah, Leaf-chan for the win! (Of course you were probably expecting me to say her lol)

Mew~
November 30th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I've always had a soft spot for Cynthia since her first appearance in D/P. She has a calm vibe about her, she has fantastic hair and a cool outfit. As a champion, I've always found her to be one of the most toughest, especially with that darn Garchomp, on top of that the only female champion (besides the player), so yay for that.

MatokoIp
November 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Anime: Non
Game : Non
Manga : Ruby,Diamond,Red,Gold,Blue,Yellow,Platinum,Sapphire,Crystal,Pearl (Gahhhhh! All Pokedex holders !)

Galukxy
November 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Games: It would have to be Red because he seems so pro' in the games and N is pretty cool too.

Manga: Always will be to me, Blue/Leaf because she's like a character I would look up to or try to be like.

Anime: Gary because he makes a really good rival.

Deliciousfruit233
November 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Games: Red. He's a BAMF. Also N.

Manga: Damn, that's really hard to decide. There are so many awesome characters there. I'd have to say either Gold, Ruby, or Blue (girl).

Anime: Well, most of the characters from that show just annoy me. If I had to pick, I'd say Gary.

November 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Games: Blue (the GS one) or Michael from XD.

Anime: James or Trip.

Manga: Yellow.

Xeberos
November 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Anime: Ash and Dawn and their way to train their Pokémon.

Manga: Well I don't know.

Video games: Brendan. He's first character I have ever played.

MantisboyN
December 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Anime: Kanto - Johto Brock. He was a really smart trainer and had some real potential.
Game: Bruno - Fighting and rock are two of my favorite types, nuff said.
Manga: Blaine - His story was cool, and I just enjoyed him in general.

DoctorFred
December 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Anime: Paul/Brock - Not that guy with the green bow though, he scares me.
Manga: What's a Manga?
Video games: Red/Blue/Steven/Lance/Brendan

Yanma
December 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Anime: Barry and Dawn

Manga: I just don't read :/

Game: Elite and Veteran Trainers~

Misheard Whisper
December 2nd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Games: I like Touko, actually. Dat ass I mean, she's cute. >_> And I like how she's a bit older than all the ten-year-olds.

Anime: May. I have no idea why, but I really liked her better than Dawn or Misty, though the former has been growing on me somewhat lately. I'll never get over Jenness' voice, though. And Iris and Dent in the new series, of course - two of my favourite voice actors, and they're neat characters too, although it took me a while to get used to Iris.
In terms of rivals, I liked . . . huh. I never really liked any of Ash's rivals. Paul was okay, but on the whole, eh. And Shootie's kinda pointless imo.

Manga: Blue all the way! Or as some of you might know her, Green. Dammit, Chuang Yi. I'm talking about the girl who stole Squirtle and then just generally rampaging around causing mayhem and mischief. She was amazing. I quite liked Platinum Berlitz too, though.

Overall? Hmm . . . Cilan/Dent. Gracious me.

Mentalii
December 3rd, 2011, 03:17 AM
Game: Red, he's strong, and in some fanarts he's so badass :pink_boogie: Then I really appreciate Gold, 'coz I really began to love Pokémon with Silver version, and this main trainer offered me a lot of adventures.

Anime: May, I always liked this girl, without any reasons especially. Then James, he's so funny :pink_tongue:

Manga: I don't really have opinion, after all I'm just at the 7th Volume (1st generation). So for the moment I would say Green, her personnality is simply great. That changes from the other trainers, for sure.

mootjuh117
December 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM
anime: Gary, in the the first 2 generations atleast.
game: Brendan, since he can beat his own father.
manga: Blue(japanese), because she looks so innoncent while she can kill everyone around her.

psyanic
December 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Game: Oh I love Cynthia. Garchomp is a tough cookie and I liked that she was the next Champion after Blue to have a versatile team. I also like Brendan. I liked his hat for some reason.

Manga: Blue/Green, the male. No specific reasons I guess.

Anime: Paul, because if I was a trainer, I'd be like that, no lie. Well, at least that's what I do in the games. Bad species, released. Bad nature, released. Bad IV's, released. Besides, he's Ash's foil and I loved that fact.

Ephemeral Euphoria
December 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Games - N, he's one of the most interesting characters I've ever seen in a Pokemon game although Silver comes in at a very close second.
Anime - James, always found him to be less annoying than most of the cast and his backstory is pretty cool too.
Manga - Silver, one of the darker characters in the series and easily stands out as my personal favorite.

Not all that much I can say about them other than I simply like their character in general.

Kenshin5
December 4th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Games: Red - He was the first "Player" and he had this aura of awesomeness back in the day on Mt. Silver.

Wes - from Colosseum. By far the coolest trainer in terms of appearance, and I do also love snatching pokemon.

Anime: Gary - I love his smug cocky attitude, he is just a badass on every level. I mean what guy wins 10 badges when there is only 8 Gary does! I liked Gary pokemon i.e. Blastoise, Electivire, Umbreon, Scizor, Nidos, Arcanine.

Paul - This guy just seems like a complex person to me. He is grumpy as an old man, but battles like an accomplished trainer. He seems some come and calculating most of the time, and seems like the closest thing to a tactician I have seen. He seems to plan out the battle and executes his plans to keen preciseness for the most part. On top of how good he battles he is the polar opposite of Ash, which adds to the rivalry for me.

Manga: I haven't read a whole lot and it's been awhile, but I did like Red and Bill during my brief stint reading.

Blaziken15
December 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Anime
It's gotta be Brock. There would be no Ash without Brock and who could forget.

*Brock holds a donut like a Pokeball.
"POKEBALL!"
*Trips Ash and Misty
"Whoops, sorry. Donut Go!"

Games
Steven from R/S/E. He has always been and always will be the master of Hoenn and the steel type guru. Plus, his champion battle music is the best.

Manga
It's gotta be Red. His design is really cool and fun. It's kinda like my style, just mines more swagga looking. Still, Red's my favorite of the manga characters!

Crimson5M
December 5th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Games:
Steven is probably one of the coolest characters EVA. N is really awesome too, though I'm not sure if he exactly counts as a Trainer.

Anime:
Brock because he was just like a boss in every single way.

Manga:
Red.

shengar
December 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Wow, thanks for made my become reality Miss Toujours. A really big Thanks and good luck for you :)

Games:
My favorite could either go for Red or Black
red have awesomeness aura of the nostalgia while Black have similar aura albeit much more fresher.
Manga:
Sakaki. Why? A gym leader, a criminal leader, and also a badass, caring father.

Ciax
December 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
I only watch the occasional anime episode but I really like Trip in the new Best Wishes series.

Game wise I have a few favourite trainers.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b5/VSAlder.png
Alder may be the weakest champion so far but he has the greatest personality. I like the story of hm losing his partner and recovering but never being as strong. It just makes him feel like a real person.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/28/VSAaron.png
Aaron is the first bug type E4 representative and he pulls it off exceptionly well. He dosent look like a dweeb like Bugsy, he looks cool, like a jungle boy. This is what a bug type user should look like, not looking like a girl or an artist with an afro. I just really like Aaron for beleiving in the bugs and being the first and only Elite Four representing the bug type.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b0/VSKoga.png
He's a ninja. Do I have to explain. Naw I like Koga because he is getting old but still continues to be the best at what he does. A real inspiration.

Sector
December 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I LOVE both Misty & May. Dawn is a good girl. But I prefer Misty/May :)

Favorite Gym Leaders= Jasmine vs Sabrina vs Clair

Favorite Champion= Cynthia & Lance (Tied)

I like the Ash/Misty/Brock gang better than any group though. Love how Misty acts like the big sister to Ash lol Did Ash ever owe her that bike? -_-

potterfan434
December 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Games: N, Platinum!Dawn, Silver, Skyla, Maylene, Jasmine, Clair, Winona, Cheren, Bianca...I could go on

Anime: James (...don't ask), Dawn, May

Manga: all of the main characters :3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 13th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Video games: Phoebe or Morty
Manga: Silver
Anime: Ashy boy

:t354:TG