• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

for those who like to type Pokémon with the accent over the e (é)

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
those of you who are really a Pokémon nerd, I know that they prefer to type Pokémon just like the way I am doing in this thread with the accent over the e.

for all of you who do that, what is your preferred method of typing that... do you use a charmap, copy and past, and alt+ code... what are the best ways (in your opinion) to get this done... discuss typing Pokémon with an accent here...

my method is I have the word Pokémon saved in a txt file that is open as long as my computer is on... if I need to type it that way, I just copy it and hit ctrl+v... I think it is the best way because, it is vey easy to do, and it was easy to find that text on the internet, even just typing Pokémon regular (Pokemon) will bring it up on Google...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Or you could just press Ctrl + Alt + e.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

That doesn't work on all computers. I've never had a computer that could write an e if you type that unless you added the shortcut yourself.

I either copy it from Bulbapedia cause I usually have that up, or the directory to where you're posting at the top of the page (The PokéCommunity Forums > Alternative Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > for those who like to type Pokémon with the accent ). Bulbapedia is easier because I can get the e directly while here I have to copy more of it and then remove what I don't want, but it's a lazier way than doing the alt code and I'm all about lazy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The only time I talk about Pokemon is on PC, so if I want to be extra-anal and put the acute accent over the e, I normally just copy and paste the é in PokéCommunity. But that's a rarity, in all honesty.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Alt Gr + E.

I don't think it's nerdy to want to spell something correctly.

Years
I use the alt code (hold alt and press 1666 on the 10-key pad). It is easy, and I can do it everywhere except MS Office (for some weird reason). I also have the International keyboard installed on my computer as an alternate keyboard, so I can switch to that and type any special characters. I use æ and Æ a lot, because they are in the title of a story I'm writing, so this method is really easy.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
Option+e and then e (or any letter that you want the accent over in other circumstances) on a MacBook. It's almost as easy as typing it without the accent, so I almost always just add it in.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since I primarily use a laptop, I just use the regular E. Sometimes, when I get on a regular computer, I press Alt and 130 in that order. on the keyboard.

Pingouin_7

Dude, I have an é key on my keyboard already.
It's right beside the . key.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I just press ' and e. I even use it when I'm on my phone. I have always used it. Always. I just want to everything look good.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
For me it's pretty easy to type Pokémon. Just press option+e and then e. Even with it being as simple as that though, I usually only type it that way about 50% of the time.

Years
On any non-weird keyboard, that results in...

Well, while Pokemon is overcommercialized, I don't think the creators want to point it out for those who can't see this obvious fact by putting an €-sign in there.

If I want an é, and that exclusively happens on the rare occassion I decide to make my French homework look nice, I use ´+e. Not €. And 90% of the time I try that my printer will be a douche and find a nonsensical reason to refuse printing anything and I will have to write write it normally anyway.

marcc5m

what
Years
OMG! OMG!!!!
é
I did it! I never knew how to do that before, so I've always said "Pokemon", but now...
Pokémon!

Years
OMG! OMG!!!!
é
I did it! I never knew how to do that before, so I've always said "Pokemon", but now...
Pokémon!
I didn't know I could do this éither. The alt + 1666 AND alt + 130 on the 10-kéy pad both work for mé. Too bad my laptop doésn't havé oné of thosé.

I don't think it will changé how I write pokémon for thé most part though. I don't évén capitalizé it most of thé timé.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
On a Macintosh you hold OPTION which produces a stand alone "´" mark, and then press the E key, which will turn the floating accent into a nice little "é".

Typing é is so second nature to me I never even think about it when writing words like café and Pokémon, you really don't have to break your usual typing flow at all to do it.

I personally just find leaving it as Pokemon more acceptable than using an apostrophe in place of the accent.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Alt Gr + E

I don't generally type it like that as it's a Japanese term, in reading which one would pronounce all Es that way anyway.

Pingouin_7

Too bad my laptop doésn't havé oné of thosé.

Laptops sometimes have a num pad on the 7, 8, 9, u, i, o, j, k, l and m keys that you have to access using the Fn key.

Back