• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gay penguin couple become fathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zet

Years
Time to bring on the d'awwwwwwwwwwwww :3

'Gay' penguins given baby chick to parent in China
A 'gay' penguin couple in China have been given a baby chick to care for to help a struggling mother with twins.

article-1323104758336-0F0EFCD300000578-598314_636x336.jpg

One half of the 'gay' penguin couple with the newly hatched chick (Picture: REX)

The twins hatched at the Harbin Polar Land in northern China, and to give both babies the best chance in life the aquarium decided to give one of the twins to another set of parents.
The 'gay' penguin couple are notorious in the aquarium's penguin community and they have been caught many a time trying to steal eggs during the hatching season.
Penguin males have a natural instinct for parenting, in the wild the male penguins share the duty of incubating the un-hatched eggs with the female.
Aquarium staff are hoping that the Chinese pair should be able to look after the new chick without too much of a problem.
In other 'gay' penguin news it was revealed that the two African penguins at Toronto Zoo that are to be separated will be reunited with each other in the spring.
The zoo caused an outcry when it announced that it was to separate 'gay' penguins Buddy and Pedro in order to preserve the endangered species.
But the zoo has revealed that the couple are to be united in spring after they have attempted to mate them with females in the zoo's colony.
source: http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/883934-gay-penguins-given-baby-chick-to-parent-in-china

I have to say that this is the coolest and most adorable thing ever and it shows that even nature itself is gay.
It's also good to hear that the two african penguins are going to be reunited.

How badly did you d'aww :3?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Funny thing is there's a kid at my school named Pedro, now to show him this and watch lulz ensure.

But seriously though, this is pretty interesting IMO due to seeing how well the parents will be able to raise the chick but personally I don't think there will be many complications regarding that TBH.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
This is adorable~ I've seen a story like this before, two gay penguins stole a females egg and the only way that the park owners realised they were both male was when they went to get the egg back.

I'm so happy for those penguins and I'm sure they'll be lovely fathers!

Years
The bipedal, mammalian community could learn a lot from these penguins.

But to be slightly more serious, this is a good thing if it means helping an endangered species to increase its numbers. I imagine that they want to have every egg hatched if at all possible and that this just seems like a good option.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
The whole penguins are gay thing is old news, but this is of course very cute. ^w^ I wish the best to these proud parents.

Also, yes I d'awwed pretty hard.

but how did they get pregnant!?!??!?!!
Like they said in the article, they gave the two penguins the chick.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cute cute. Now, let's get the world to understand humans can do the same as the penguins. Yes? Yes.

What is the world coming tooo........

Why? What's wrong with it? I don't see anything bad here.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That is the cutest thing. I already knew it wasn't something limited to humans, that'd be ridiculous because technically we're all animals so it makes sense.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
YAOI PENGUINS!!!! o* O * o
My life is now complete.
But seriously, that is so cute! I lol'ed when I read the topic title, but I am supportive of penguin rights.
=D

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Good story, but I honestly don't see how this is newsworthy.

You read it, didn't you? If it didn't hold your interest, you would have passed it by. As for it being newsworthy... I personally am happy when journalists cover happy, feel good stories such as this. There is way too much negativity in the news these days. Stories like this really perks people up, and that's the whole point.

Years
It's nice to see simple articles that aren't exaggerated, distorted reports written in such a way that would reel in more viewers.

Anyways, really cute! I agree with the above few posters; this provides a nice break from the kind of stuff we usually read about on the news P:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This is so adorable I can't even...

I think this is the first I've heard of an animal being gay. That's pretty sweet. c:

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
Sometimes a nice, little, feel good story is just what the world needs. There's so much bad news going on that something like this is a nice change. I believe the last time I heard about animals being gay they were split up and placed with women to encourage breeding.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Not to sound prude. But how is this good news exactly? I'm not saying it's bad news either. But I don't see how in any way this is good news. What does it help benefit? Woohoo! 2 penguins are gay!

I looked at the topic to see what it was about, but I see many people saying it's good news. And...I'm just astonished to see how that is exactly.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
"Good" as in this is happy news, compared to the dark and depressing stories that are all over the news and all across this board. It's a nice read as opposed to reading something and feeling sad or angry about what someone did or how someone died.

Plus I don't know about y'all, but hopefully if people can see that two gay penguins can be good fathers, maybe they'll realize the same can apply to humans and gay couples will be allowed to adopt in more states and countries and wherever it's currently illegal and jazz. That's another reason why it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back