PDA

View Full Version : would the fire department use Water Type Pokémon?

Moltres Rider
December 15th, 2011, 01:36 AM
would the fire department use Water Type Pokémon to aid in putting out a fire if Pokémon existed? why or why not?

Oryx
December 15th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Sure, why not. The cost of feeding Pokemon is probably a lot less than the cost of maintaining fire trucks and such. Actually chances are they'd use Water/Flying Pokemon, because not only would they have a Water Pokemon, but they would get to the fire fast and can use overhead firefighting methods like people do here in helicopters.

If they could tame one, a Gyarados would probably be one of the best firefighters around. If not I could see them using Blastoise, Starmie, Milotic, and Pokemon such as Poliwhirl to actually save people.

Palladium
December 15th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I not sure on Gyarados since he was never seen to Fly, and the only flying move he can get is Bounce so ...
But yeah, I believe that firemen would indeed use Water Type Pokemon, because it would be more practical not to mention that they wouldn't need to pay a water bill (they'd have to feed them though ...)

PlatinumDude
December 15th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yup, I can see the fire department use Water Pokemon for the reasons Toujours stated. To add to it, they can use Pelipper or Swanna as their means of aerial transport. The Water starter Pokemon and their evolved forms could also be used here.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 16th, 2011, 06:39 AM
it doesn't have to only be a Water type Pokemon it can be Pokemon with different typing too such as Lugia, it is able to fly and I'm pretty sure it can learn Hydro Pump (but what are the odds of using a legendary like that). Hydregion another Pokemon that can learn Fly, it can also learn Rain Dance and Surf as well. Salamance can use Fly, Rain Dance, Aqua Tail and Hydro Pump also.

:t354:TG

Ciax
December 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Of course they would recruit the Squirtle Squad!

But they would have pokemon like Feraligatr and Seismitoad to break in and rescue trapped people.

Ayutac
December 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
They just have to teach them not to overdo it. Water gun is fine, but things like hydropump would overdo it. It would smash the burning house and from that fire may spread to nearby houses.
The over(fire)kill would be surfer, if it could be used like in the games. Just summon a bunch of water and move it overthe fire :D

Anyu
December 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah. It would be a good idea, just need to pay for the food and life items.

Overlord Drakow
December 21st, 2011, 03:25 AM
I imagine they could use Ground Type Pokemon too in the fire department so perhaps Water / Ground dual typing Pokemon would be the primary Pokemon of choice for the fire dept.

Ayutac
December 21st, 2011, 04:13 AM
I imagine they could use Ground Type Pokemon too in the fire department so perhaps Water / Ground dual typing Pokemon would be the primary Pokemon of choice for the fire dept.
Why would that be so? I can't image any use of it, digging under a bruning house is no good and digging for water would be pointless because of Water Pokémon. Not to mention digging would probably destroy some pipes or cables.

But following the idea of double types, Rock would be sufficient. Harder to burn and can smash doors or things like that.

Yoshikko
December 21st, 2011, 05:36 AM
Why would that be so? I can't image any use of it, digging under a bruning house is no good and digging for water would be pointless because of Water Pokémon. Not to mention digging would probably destroy some pipes or cables.

But following the idea of double types, Rock would be sufficient. Harder to burn and can smash doors or things like that.
Because you can put out fires with dirt and sand as well, apart from water.

Ayutac
December 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Because you can put out fires with dirt and sand as well, apart from water.
Well okay, oversaw that point. Now one could discuss how cool it is to chease a fire by making the house in question dirty, but that's not part of the discussion :P

Still like the idea of Rock.

Sgt Shock
December 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
In my fan fiction, I had them using water and ground types, occasionally fire types that wouldn't catch more stuff of fire like Houndoom to help other people out of the fire that they can't get to.

Markichuuuuu
December 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM
I'm sure they would. In the Pokemon world, Pokemon have to do with nearly everything.

miju-kun
December 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Well, duh. I don't think there is a reason for them to not use water type Pokémon to put out a fire. Rock types would work too for smashing the fire lol.

Trance and Moss
December 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Would water type pokemon save the world form hunger and thirst? Or at least thirst?

Could the water types survive in very hot dry places easily?

psyanic
December 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hello Squirtle Squad!

Other people are mentioning big bulky waters for breaking people out, like the firemen who axe their way through some timber, but I think it would be better if it was Arcanine. Think about it, if the Arcanine has Flash Fire, they wouldn't be phased and instead use that energy to get to the trapped people faster! And they'd be stronger, so it's a win-win.

So the fire department would use Pokemon.

The Void
December 22nd, 2011, 02:14 AM
Blastoise would be a good Pokemon to use; not only is it a Water-type, but it also has a shell to protect it from fire as well.

They could also use Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam since it can Teleport from place to place and could use Psychic attacks to "lift" people from afar.

Or Lucario, who could use aura to detect any other people trapped in the flames.

miltankRancher
January 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
they would. it would be more practical and such.

Snivy063
January 1st, 2012, 07:27 AM
I remember a certain Pokemon anime episode wherein a fire department has Squirtles on it's team. As far as I can remember, Ash's Squirtle was one of them. :D

Mentalii
January 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
Oviously they would !
A Surf attack seems to be really more effective than a simple water-jet.
And I think they would also use Fire-type Pokémon, to help people trapped into the flames, since they resist at Fire.

Ice Arceus
January 2nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
They would use water types, since they have more of an advantage against fire. However, that doesn't mean that water types are the only Pokemon they use. They can also use other Pokemon to help out in these types of situations, but we just haven't seen many fire fighters in the show to know for a fact.

King Goodra
January 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Seems rather obvious that they would, considering they use water to put out fire as it is... I think they'd have a bunch of of other types as well. Fighting to help move things, psychic to help move things as well and to heal the injured (and a normal type for healing - ala Chansey and Audino), fire types to go into the fire without the risk of being burned...

Tombo
January 21st, 2012, 07:22 PM
Yes, they would do.

In the anime, water Pokemon are used in several instances. For example, the Squirtle squad in Vermillion City put out fires.

Also, on the orange islands, there was the Wartortle squad (as well as a Blastoise and Squirtle) version.

It would greatly help the fire service!

Yoshikko
January 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lodhw7LuUn1qd8t4mo1_500.gif

EVIDENTLY THEY WOULD! Hire in the Squirtle Squadddd!!
And I like the Arcanine idea too, since they already use Arcanine on the police teams as well, so it would be kind of logical.

Tulano
January 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
They could use other types of pokemons to help people get out from the fire if they need help. They'll be great firefighters!