PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Pharetra
December 29th, 2011, 05:38 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/194/7/e/pokemon_essentials_ulitmate_bw_pack_7_by_p_sign-d572hbp.png

It's finally here!
Pokémon Essentials Ultimate BW Pack 7 adds the remaining animated sprites to the pack. Different forms now work and the backsprites are resized and positioned correctly. The perspective of these work too.

ULTIMATE BW PACK 7 FOR POKEMON ESSENTIALS 7+
--------------------------------------------

If used, please give credit to:
P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

This pack contains:
-All Animated Black and White sprites
-All Black and White overworld sprites
-All Black and White cries
-All Black and White icons
-All Black and White music
-Updated pokemon.txt with 649 Pokemon
-Updated moves.txt to include Black and White moves (effects won't work)
-Updated abilities.txt to include Black and White abilities (effects won't work)

How to install this package:
1. Delete the Graphics/Battlers folder of your project.
2. Backup the PBS files in case you have made any edits to them.
3. Copy the Audio, Graphics and PBS folder in the Ultimate BW Pack folder to your projects folder. Overwrite all existing sprites.
4. Congrats, the files have been succesfully copied.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
Direct Download:
PDB Homepage
(Coming soon)

Mirrors
FileFactory
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1qgcr7t9k99v/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_zip

Poke-place (Provided by AmethystRain, thanks!):
http://www.poke-place.com/storage/UltimateBWPack7.zip

Rayquaza.
December 29th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Note: All sprites are resized to 192x192 and therefore, some sprites may not fit correctly. I'm afraid you will have to change that yourself.

Note: This pack's resources can be used for other goals, but it's optimized for Essentials. This pack isn't tested with Pokemon Essentials DS.

This pack contains:
-All 2596 static Black and White sprites
-Updated pokemon.txt wiith 649 Pokemon
-Updated tm.txt to include Black and White Pokemon
-Updated abilities.txt to include Black and White abilities (effects won't work)

Screenshots:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/363/3/5/ultimate_bw_pack_essentials_by_p_sign-d4kl1qa.png
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7548/80435058.png
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2813/60601117.png
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/785/34226931.png
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8654/11432403.png
P-Sign
Veekun
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4omlf01iic6ga6s

I have to compliment you on everything in this resource package, I will almost certainly use most of the sprites provided in this pack for my fangame.
If you have any B/W autotiles and tilesets that would be great.
Overall I thing that everyone who downloads and uses these resources will be thoroughly pleased.

Vini310
December 29th, 2011, 02:56 PM
The Pack is not complete. Missing the following things:
Tilesets and autotile Pokémon BW
Battle sprites of Pokémon Trainers BW
OverWorld OF HILDA (Attached to put you know what I mean).

Pharetra
December 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
1. Not really easy to add at the moment, there are really few BW Tiles ripped so far.

2. I'll add that in the future.

3. Oops, my bad.I've just updated the pack to include her Overworld. Download link has been updated.

ultimatewolf
January 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
how do you install it ?
i don't know

venom12
January 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/256963616/pokemon_bw_animations_by_clowcardruler-d48zme8.rar

Here all animated pokemon sprites in gif

Pharetra
January 8th, 2012, 06:44 AM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/256963616/pokemon_bw_animations_by_clowcardruler-d48zme8.rar

Thank you very much, I'll open a poll to see what people prefer: Animated or static sprites.

Rayquaza.
January 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM

There haven't been many autotiles ripped at the moment, there have been quite a few tilesets, try looking on DeviantArt.

1. Not really easy to add at the moment, there are really few BW Tiles ripped so far.

2. I'll add that in the future.

3. Oops, my bad.I've just updated the pack to include her Overworld. Download link has been updated.

That's good. I was just wondering about that.

Also, it would be good if the battlers were animated.

IceGod64
January 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM

Isn't that in essentials by default now?

Ho-oh 112
January 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM

Yeah, I guess it is I don't know why I downloaded them...

Pharetra
January 9th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Yes, but I included them so everyone who doesn't use the newest version of Essentials can still use them. That's the reason Maruno is in the credits, for as far as I know, he updated the two text files.

Worldslayer608
January 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Just thought I would throw in the sprites are missing for the pokemon with multiple forms

EDIT

4 hours later... I have added all the alternate form sprites. This include all of the Unknown and their back sprites. I also have added the ??? Arceus and it's back sprites.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ed875dk218r1ad

EDIT 2

My upload kept timing out, so I just zipped a smaller file. Just add these to the battlers folder :)

p.claydon
January 9th, 2012, 11:04 AM
i do prefer animated sprites but static are easier esp when comes to fakemon

DemonGyro
January 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I agree with p.claydon. I voted for animated, but the choice to have both would be phenomenal.

KingCharizard
January 11th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I voted animated even tho i no longer use RMXP or essentials i think it would be nice to include both static and animated in the download.. give users a choice all you need to mke this complete is tilesets

abnegation
January 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Using animated sprites will require scripting knowledge. There are several functions and scripts which will be edited for them to work properly unless all converted to RMXP size. In which case there will be slightly less work involved.

Maruno
January 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I just found out (and it sounds strange, but it happened anyway) that there are no Gen 5 items in Essentials. They're not in this pack either, so you might want to hold off on that "ultimate" until they're in. ;)

Yes, but I included them so everyone who doesn't use the newest version of Essentials can still use them. That's the reason Maruno is in the credits, for as far as I know, he updated the two text files.
He did indeed.

Pharetra
January 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Using animated sprites will require scripting knowledge. There are several functions and scripts which will be edited for them to work properly unless all converted to RMXP size. In which case there will be slightly less work involved.
If I decide to add animated sprites, I'll use the .gif files I've used a couple months ago. They're all resized for use with Pokémon Essentials and I've used them succesfully without editing any script.

@ Maruno
If I could script at a decent level, I'd try to add those in. The community will have to wait a while, I think.

Ho-oh 112
January 13th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I just found out (and it sounds strange, but it happened anyway) that there are no Gen 5 items in Essentials. They're not in this pack either, so you might want to hold off on that "ultimate" until they're in. ;)

Wow, I never noticed that....

Maruno
January 13th, 2012, 09:20 AM
@ Maruno
If I could script at a decent level, I'd try to add those in. The community will have to wait a while, I think.
You included the moves and abilities without scripting them. Items is no different. They'll be added to Essentials eventually anyway, as will their effects. If you just want to get a head-start and knock up an items.txt/bunch of icons, go ahead.

p.claydon
January 18th, 2012, 10:51 PM
well ive attempted to use gif animated sprites but for some reason i get a white background on the image, anyway to stop this?

oldsnake90
January 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM

Is there a way to make them big so the Pokemon Essentials can use them. and some of them have a black box and white box behind them

If I decide to add animated sprites, I'll use the .gif files I've used a couple months ago. They're all resized for use with Pokémon Essentials and I've used them succesfully without editing any script.

@ Maruno

do you have animaited sprites re sized? is there a possibility if i could use those.

Pharetra
January 19th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I've got all animated sprites at the correct size and without transparancy issues. I'll add them as soon as possible. Expect the pack to be updated in three days.

Worldslayer608
January 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I've got all animated sprites at the correct size and without transparancy issues. I'll add them as soon as possible. Expect the pack to be updated in three days.

Is this including the alternate forms?

Melloeta_Step
January 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Just thought I would throw in the sprites are missing for the pokemon with multiple forms

EDIT

4 hours later... I have added all the alternate form sprites. This include all of the Unknown and their back sprites. I also have added the ??? Arceus and it's back sprites.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ed875dk218r1ad

EDIT 2

My upload kept timing out, so I just zipped a smaller file. Just add these to the battlers folder :)

Your link is not working, Please get another link. I cant wait, I feel like im going to freeze.. I really really need it.. :D

Worldslayer608
January 21st, 2012, 07:05 AM
Your link is not working, Please get another link. I cant wait, I feel like im going to freeze.. I really really need it.. :D

I am going to hold off on re uploading it for now. Sorry. If P-Sign is updating it to have animated sprites I will wait to see if they are added in that update.

On that note, if I re upload it as it is omitted from the update, I will not be re uploading animated versions.

DarkShadow21
January 21st, 2012, 11:32 AM
i do prefer animated sprites but static are easier esp when comes to fakemon
well i made a tutorial on how to animate fakemon. it's kinda easy. here it is http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270986

FL
January 21st, 2012, 12:58 PM
You included the moves and abilities without scripting them. Items is no different. They'll be added to Essentials eventually anyway, as will their effects. If you just want to get a head-start and knock up an items.txt/bunch of icons, go ahead. Several month ago Venom-12 give me the moves.txt and the icons of the BW items. I attach them to this post (the rar file have both). Credits goes all to Venom-12

Take note on NormalGem and double PalPad (437 and 578) errors.

Pharetra
January 29th, 2012, 07:46 AM
The pack has been updated with the animated sprites, download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5pl1e9hocnb41mp

venom12
January 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I will tell you how to use animated sprites.

press ctrl+h in pokebattle_actualscene

and find for 1.0 and replace to 2.0 thats all ;] for resizing them but you need to put many updates that they could update all time and not freeze in action but that i wont tell you :P

p.claydon
January 29th, 2012, 05:13 PM
i get white boxes around the pokemon when using the animated pokemon also in battle the postitioning seams messed up

oldsnake90
January 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I see White backrounds on pokemon and not all pokemon are in the pack

Eternal Dreamer
February 1st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Thank you so much! I was going to put all of this data in myself, then upload it...but you beat me to it! :P
This'll help me a lot :D

nniwllehctim
February 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
This is so awesome. Definitely using it. I'll credit everyone ^^

EDIT:Lots of transparency needs to be edited, need to stop the bobbing up/down of Pokemanz. I can fix most the issues myself, but the editor doesn't allow for importing gifs, so any quick way to fix transparency?

EDIT 2: Also Venom 12, sorry to say that resising isn't all that simple. When the Pokemon faints, it shrinks back to normal, when you view the Pokemon summary, it is also normal.

So really, the battling would be fine, if transparency is sorted out, and the Player Pokemon Bobbing is sorted out.

Rayquaza.
February 13th, 2012, 12:51 PM
It would be great to have a nice working download link.

Pharetra
February 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
i get white boxes around the pokemon when using the animated pokemon also in battle the postitioning seams messed up

I see White backrounds on pokemon and not all pokemon are in the pack

This is so awesome. Definitely using it. I'll credit everyone ^^

EDIT:Lots of transparency needs to be edited, need to stop the bobbing up/down of Pokemanz. I can fix most the issues myself, but the editor doesn't allow for importing gifs, so any quick way to fix transparency?

EDIT 2: Also Venom 12, sorry to say that resising isn't all that simple. When the Pokemon faints, it shrinks back to normal, when you view the Pokemon summary, it is also normal.

So really, the battling would be fine, if transparency is sorted out, and the Player Pokemon Bobbing is sorted out.

I thought all of the sprites had transparant backgrounds, so I'm sorry. I'll see what I can do about this ASAP.

It would be great to have a nice working download link.
This one should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5pl1e9hocnb41mp

nniwllehctim
February 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah, the sizing also gets whacked up when the pokemon dies or is attacked. Only the first frame has no transparency issues.

Shasjas
February 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I thought id say that ive been fiddling about trying to erase the white for each frame, and there is 40-60 frames to edit for each pokemon. thats a lot of work. also you are missing .gif's for some pokemon, like zubat and magnemite.
EDIT: i was making a list of the missing pokemon, but there a lot of them. just making sure you are aware of this :)
EDIT2: these guys have ripped all the animations (http://clowcardruler.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-BW-Animations-256963616), so no pokemon should be missing from them. but they still suffer from black/white squares around them, and being too small.

nniwllehctim
February 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, transparency is a major issue.

EDIT: Took a look in Photoshop, the animations are all transparent. RMXP some how manages to screw it up.

Crisscrosscory
February 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I know its most likely a lot of work to do but when the updated Pokemon sprites come out could also try to have them already re sized that way we could use the Reposition Sprites in the Editor that came with the Pokemon Essentials starter kit and with the already re sized pokemon sprites it wouldn't require as much searching and recording that would have to be done for the pokemon party screen and PokeDex. I appreciate all the work you have done to form this Ultimate BW Pack, so Thank you so much. :D

Shasjas
February 15th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah, transparency is a major issue.

EDIT: Took a look in Photoshop, the animations are all transparent. RMXP some how manages to screw it up.

not the case when i look at them in photoshop. are you looking at each frame or just opening the gif in photoshop how you would normally open an image?

if i open the gif so i see each frame then there is no transparent background. if i open it like a normal image then i just see the first frame, but it is transparent.

EDIT: however, using gimp to open the gifs results in all frames having transparent backgrounds. so you are correct

EDIT: i put together the gifs again as some pokemon are missing from the OPs pack. i hope this will fix the missing pokemon. it should fix any missing pokemon, including shinys and females. it doesnt include alternate forms

http://www.mediafire.com/?pxzfk6lvkmjokqc

it wont fix the problems with non transparent backgrounds though as that seems to be a problem with RMXP

nniwllehctim
February 15th, 2012, 07:04 PM
What scripts should be edited to make sure all Pokemon (including wild Pokemon, Pokemon fainting, and Pokemon in summary box stay at 200%? This would be really useful.

Pharetra
February 18th, 2012, 05:14 AM
The pack has been updated once more, there are no transparancy/size issues with the animated sprites anymore. See the sprites in action:
L1ABIGHHKkQ
Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5pl1e9hocnb41mp

Alternate forms aren't yet included.

Also, check out the Readme file, the credits are updated.

nniwllehctim
February 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Yeshhehsh! Thank you so very much ^^ !

Crisscrosscory
February 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
There great thank you so much but, I was wondering if you were also going to be doing the female and other Forms also?

Pharetra
February 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM
There great thank you so much but, I was wondering if you were also going to be doing the female and other Forms also?
I'll be working on these soon ;)

oldsnake90
February 22nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
How did you make the animated Pokemon sprites bigger in battle and in the summery page?

Pharetra
February 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
How did you make the animated Pokemon sprites bigger in battle and in the summery page?
Photoshop has a neat function called "Batch Processing" ;)

desbrina
February 29th, 2012, 06:49 AM
This pack is great, there is a problem with the latest animated sprites though, the shiny bak files for 023 to 063 are incorrectly named. 023 is named 024, 024 is named 025 etc.
Also 019 seems to have a white background

Teomat
March 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I've got one question. What does it mean - "effects won't work" Attacks and abilities has no visual effects or they are simply not work?

Pharetra
March 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM
This pack is great, there is a problem with the latest animated sprites though, the shiny bak files for 023 to 063 are incorrectly named. 023 is named 024, 024 is named 025 etc.
Also 019 seems to have a white background
I'll look into this, don't know yet when it will be fixed, I am pretty busy at the moment.

I've got one question. What does it mean - "effects won't work" Attacks and abilities has no visual effects or they are simply not work?
The attacks will deal damage, but special effects, like a 30% chance to poison the defending Pokemon, will not work. I hope I've clarified that now.

trainersonic
March 31st, 2012, 01:50 AM
Great pack, thanks a lot. It needs effects of moves and abilities. It also needs Gen 5 items. I wish you would add them later.

comicmast
April 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Do i just copy and paste or what?

Pharetra
April 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Do i just copy and paste or what?

Copying the files to the folder of your project should be sufficient.

abnegation
May 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.

Rayd12smitty
May 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I agree with abnegation. And i noticed (sorry this might be fixed) with the download on the main thread post, sneasel is missing. I am not sure if others are too. I just noticed this because he is one of the starters in my fan game.

Maruno
May 31st, 2012, 05:16 AM
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.

the__end
May 31st, 2012, 06:53 AM

he means the gifs in this pack...
they are all different size...
changing it is alot of work thought... :P

Maruno
May 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
he means the gifs in this pack...
they are all different size...
changing it is alot of work thought... :P
I know what he meant. I was saying I thought Essentials compensated for different sprite dimensions, and showed them all properly (assuming the correct altitudes are set in pokemon.txt).

Alphos
June 1st, 2012, 01:43 PM
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.

Pharetra
June 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.
I don't believe you understand that this is a resource pack containing various BW resources. It is not supposed to be a complete overhaul of Pokémon Essentials.

Migrating Mews
June 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Thank you. This is great for my game. :)

McMike10
June 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Hey, I'm sort of new to all of this, but what I'm looking for are overworld pokemon sprites to use in RPG Maker XP. Does anyone know a link that will let me download and use them?

AmethystRain
June 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM
McMike- Firstly, you're better off making a new topic to ask something like that, rather than in here, where it's not related. However, I have all the gens' overworld sprites, but you'll have to format them for RPG Maker yourself (not hard, tedious at worst). If you want them, send me a PM.

abnegation
June 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.

Maruno
June 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.
I think it was just the def adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. I'm not sure whether the sprite coordinates dotted around PokeBattle_ActualScene were also changed, but I half-think they weren't.

KessIwanov
June 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´

FL
June 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I need to insert some text here.
Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´
Solving an error
Step 1: Start a new game.

heisadog
June 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr

mackoo
June 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I wonder if there is a way to make battlers move all the time (also when using moves), and only stop when Pokemon is asleep, frozen, or has just fainted. Now they only move, when they're waiting for player to choose which move they're supposed to use.

Seth Pegasus
June 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?

Seth Pegasus
June 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?
Never mind, I figured it out. It turns out I had the wrong gifs in the folder. silly me:)

this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr
I'm not sure what you did but this is what I did.

I went to my game folder, went to graphics and deleted the battlers folder.
I then went to the Ultimate BW Pack and copied the battlers folder.
I then went back to my game folder, went to graphics and pasted the new battlers folder.
Mine seem to be working just fine, they are animated and I have no problems with transparency.

Make sure you downloaded the latest update for Ultimate BW Pack.
If you keep having problems, you may have to restart your game.

I hope this helps you.

Pharetra
July 3rd, 2012, 03:39 AM
The pack is nearing completion. I finally got the sprites positioned correctly. Here's a preview of whatr you can expect:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/185/7/2/animated_sprites_essentials_v2_by_p_sign-d55x3zv.gif

@Mackoo
I don't know how to do that yet. I think it has to do with the sprites not updating when performing an action like using a move or switching out. Maybe I'll look at that.

@Seth Pegasus and heisadog
You don't have to import them via RPG Maker, just copying them in the game's folder is enough ;)

AmethystRain
July 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
That looks pretty swag. ^^

I'll be honest, because of the mis-numbering issue which was mentioned above and that this hadn't been updated for the new form names/gender differences, etc I was considering finding replacements, but if you're still working on this, I'll hold out. c:

Maruno
July 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
It looks nice, but the huge back sprites certainly don't lend themselves to double battles. There's also the (rather important, actually) issues with other places the sprites are shown, in most of which they'll be too big (I'm thinking of the Pokédex and storage).

Pharetra
July 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
That looks pretty swag. ^^

I'll be honest, because of the mis-numbering issue which was mentioned above and that this hadn't been updated for the new form names/gender differences, etc I was considering finding replacements, but if you're still working on this, I'll hold out. c:

Thanks for the feedback, the numbering issue is probably fixed right now and the formes are added today (see the video below). Gender differences haven't been added and I'm not sure if I will add them in the future since I'm unable to batch process the file names.

It looks nice, but the huge back sprites certainly don't lend themselves to double battles. There's also the (rather important, actually) issues with other places the sprites are shown, in most of which they'll be too big (I'm thinking of the Pokédex and storage).
True. It isn't a very big deal with most of the sprites, but sprites like Charizard, Zapdos and more big Pokémon like these tend to go outside the boxes on the Pokedex screen or even go off-screen. I am thinking about how to fix this though. The only idea I have at the moment is using static sprites for the menus and animated for the battle scenes. Got to figure out how I should edit the scripts in Essentials first.

Well, I have worked on the kit today and I am pleased to say that all formes but the B2W2 ones have been added. The B2W2 ones show some errors, I guess that's due to the .gif files being corrupted, so I have to look that up tomorrow. Aside from that, it's an enormous step to the final release of this kit, Ultimate BW Pack 7.

Here's a video that shows the new forms:
TlFBJPQMI6c

Also, should I add B2W2 content? I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

macrpg
July 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM
First of all, really thanks for the Ultimate BW pack. I think that making the boxes slighty bigger could help (but I do not know if this possible without making new graphics) and yes, I would love B2W2 contents
Sorry for my english

AmethystRain
July 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Love the remix song, sprites look great too. I'm fine with not adding gender differences visually, but would we not at least need to include duplicate files with the names corrected? As it stands, if I encounter a female pokemon that would normally be gender differenced, it looks for (arbitrary number) 27f.gif rather than 27.gif, and that causes it to revert to the static sprite.

korjamer
July 6th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Yes! I would love to see Black 2 and White 2 content! Good luck fixing what is wrong with the sprites from them though. You are doing a really great job on this. Keep up the great work P-Sign!

Pharetra
July 12th, 2012, 04:21 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/194/7/e/pokemon_essentials_ulitmate_bw_pack_7_by_p_sign-d572hbp.png

It's finally here!
Pokémon Essentials Ultimate BW Pack 7 adds the remaining animated sprites to the pack. Different forms now work and the backsprites are resized and positioned correctly. The perspective of these work too.

ULTIMATE BW PACK 7 FOR POKEMON ESSENTIALS 7+
--------------------------------------------

P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

This pack contains:
-All Animated Black and White sprites
-Updated pokemon.txt with 649 Pokemon

How to install this package:
1. Delete the Graphics/Battlers folder of your project.
2. Backup the PBS files in case you have made any edits to them.
3. Copy the Audio, Graphics and PBS folder in the Ultimate BW Pack folder to your projects folder. Overwrite all existing sprites.
4. Congrats, the files have been succesfully copied.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
[link] (http://www.speedyshare.com/4R7Q7/Ultimate-BW-Pack7.zip)

Ramond Hikari
July 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Magnificent work, magnificent sprites, and everything except the download link.

I think you should upload it to the Mediafire or some else sites which don't require to buy Premium account.

I would be truly grateful if you change the download link :D

khkramer
July 14th, 2012, 01:10 AM

I think you should upload it to the Mediafire or some else sites which don't require to buy Premium account.

This site doesn't require a premium account and works like a charm.
Also, good job on the BW pack p-sign!

Ramond Hikari
July 14th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Lol could you tell my Google Chrome so because it keeps asking me for a Premium account with this:

This file can only be downloaded with SpeedyShare Premium. Get Premium Now!

Rayd12smitty
July 14th, 2012, 06:44 AM

The same thing happened to me. Just make a free account on the site, and you can download it anyway, even though it says premium is needed

Rayquaza.
July 14th, 2012, 07:19 AM
The download link is dead and won't work. I've registered and all that but it won't download because it says it is invalid.

Please can you submit a new link? Even if it is on mediafire or rapidshare.

AmethystRain
July 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I got you guys covered. c:

Download~ (http://www.poke-place.com/storage/UltimateBWPack7.zip)

P-Sign, this is hosted on my site, so let me know if/when you want me to take it down. Just figured I'd bridge the gap so people aren't downloadless.

Rayquaza.
July 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks. I'm pretty sure P-Sign won't mind until he gets his link up and running again.

shadowriver
July 16th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Just woundering if enyone other then myself, is having this probelm.
When i install this pack to my game the pokemon gain no exp after battle.
i tried meny things to see if it was somthing eles but im sure it is this.

(thank you it is a great pack bythe way, just hopeing that i can get the exp to work.

AmethystRain
July 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Being that this pack doesn't modify the scripts at all, I can see no reason that owuld happen. It's worked just fine for me. o.o

P-Sign, I'm afraid the backsprite shiny numbering issue is still a, well, issue.
For instance, I have a Shiny Venonat, but it displays as a Shiny Parasect because Parasect's Shiny backsprite was mislabebled under Venonat's number, and Venonat under Venomoth's, and so on.

Rayd12smitty
July 16th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Just woundering if enyone other then myself, is having this probelm.
When i install this pack to my game the pokemon gain no exp after battle.
i tried meny things to see if it was somthing eles but im sure it is this.

(thank you it is a great pack bythe way, just hopeing that i can get the exp to work.

This might be related to a bug with pokemon essentials. It was posted in the report bugs and errors section, and got fixed. If you upgraded to version 8 before the bug was fixed thats probably your problem. changing the sprites could not effect something like exp.

Pharetra
July 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Being that this pack doesn't modify the scripts at all, I can see no reason that owuld happen. It's worked just fine for me. o.o

P-Sign, I'm afraid the backsprite shiny numbering issue is still a, well, issue.
For instance, I have a Shiny Venonat, but it displays as a Shiny Parasect because Parasect's Shiny backsprite was mislabebled under Venonat's number, and Venonat under Venomoth's, and so on.
*Checks* Ah, I see. Looks like the backsprite of a Shiny Abra sneaked into my Batch processor. Will fix it tonight after dinner, so I guess it's up in three hours.

EDIT:
I contacted the host of my website and it's okay to host the pack there. I've got some difficulties with uploading it though so it isn't on there right now. I did fix the problem though.

shadowriver
July 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I noticed in some of the other posts it was mentioned that some of the back sprites weren’t positioned proply in battle because of the size of the gif or something. for example tepig, you can only see his ears.

I’ve tried repositioning them in the editor itself but after a couple i get this error and then loss the positions that ive changed
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg574/shadowriver1/ERROR.png

i was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.

Pharetra
July 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I noticed in some of the other posts it was mentioned that some of the back sprites weren’t positioned proply in battle because of the size of the gif or something. for example tepig, you can only see his ears.

I’ve tried repositioning them in the editor itself but after a couple i get this error and then loss the positions that ive changed
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg574/shadowriver1/ERROR.png

i was wondering if there was an easier way to do this.
The sprites are positioned and resized correctly for use with Essentials 7 and up so I don't think you have to do it ;)

shadowriver
July 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
thanx p-sign, found the problem. i was useing a way old version of the pokemon.text. i found the updated version and it now works perfctly.

zingzags
July 31st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Nice work P-sign, I am wondering if you would make shiny overworlds, for all the pokemon.

Pharetra
August 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM
Everyone having issues with the numbering of the shiny backsprites and having trouble downloading the pack, here is a working download link of the pack without the numbering issue. Hope you'll enjoy it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Nice work P-sign, I am wondering if you would make shiny overworlds, for all the pokemon.
I can, but I don't think I've got enough time to do it. Sorry!

AmethystRain
August 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
I think I have shiny overworlds for all Gens 1-4, and I have normal overworlds for Gen 5. If someone wants to recolor them, I could provide them.

zingzags
August 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM
Everyone having issues with the numbering of the shiny backsprites and having trouble downloading the pack, here is a working download link of the pack without the numbering issue. Hope you'll enjoy it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

I can, but I don't think I've got enough time to do it. Sorry!
Its when you can, its not like I am demanding it LOL. But thanks for the for the B&W pack.

~Angel~
August 1st, 2012, 03:32 PM
P-Sign. I did shiny overworlds for B/W pokemon. It's in my pack right now. I can help by doing shiny of the official ones.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6pq0ct5jeqfps55 See if you download it, it's all here.

RaulCortez
August 6th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone had this very same pack but with the STATIC versions of the sprites. I know it looks nice and all, but honestly to have a folder that's more than 200mb on just the pokemon is something i don't find attractive at all. I don't want to end up with a game that's over 1gb.

I downloaded the pack when it featured the resized static sprites, but lost it with my old PC :( Does anyone have it? P-Sign? anyone? The sprites are very pretty, but i don't need that extra weight the animation gives.

Thanks for this awesome contribution, btw, P-Sign!

Pharetra
August 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone had this very same pack but with the STATIC versions of the sprites. I know it looks nice and all, but honestly to have a folder that's more than 200mb on just the pokemon is something i don't find attractive at all. I don't want to end up with a game that's over 1gb.

I downloaded the pack when it featured the resized static sprites, but lost it with my old PC :( Does anyone have it? P-Sign? anyone? The sprites are very pretty, but i don't need that extra weight the animation gives.

Thanks for this awesome contribution, btw, P-Sign!
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours ;)

RaulCortez
August 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I don't have the old pack, but I can change the animated sprites of the newest release to static sprites. I think I'm done in two hours ;)

Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there :P

Riansky
August 7th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.

AmethystRain
August 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I would also be interested in having a static version. As cool as animated sprites are, some of my users can't reasonably download a 600 MB- I'd like to offer a static version as an alternative as well.

Pharetra
August 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Wow, that was fast! Thanks a whole lot, P-Sign! I also should suggest that you add it to the main post as an alternative download, just in case that someone else has a computer with low resources or just wants to make a light game while still using B/W graphics! Who knows, there must be other weirdos like me out there :P

Here you go:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cabjz5vh52x/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_STAT.zip

Do you probably have the old pack when the whole back sprites were shown just like in BW? I remember you had those.
I don't have it anymore so I have to recompile it. You aren't the first to request this by the way, so this is a priority from now on. I think it will be done next week.

RaulCortez
August 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Here you go:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/1cabjz5vh52x/n/Ultimate_BW_Pack7_STAT.zip

I don't have it anymore so I have to recompile it. You aren't the first to request this by the way, so this is a priority from now on. I think it will be done next week.

Thanks! I checked it and found that the backsprites are a bit bigger than usual. I guess i'll wait for the other pack with the recompiled backsprites to change them, too!

4rcanine
August 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...

shadowriver
August 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
If the links here dont work then try the one thats in my sig its p-signs pack and also help-14 and zingzags pokemon follow script all set up. if u dont want the pokemon follow stuf then just copy all the graphics and adio out of there folders plus the pokemon.txt moves.txt items.txt shadowmoves.txt tm.txt and abillities.txt from the pbs folder and paste them into your game and thats it.

all the music and graphics are from p-signs kit apart from the pokemon overworlds

Pharetra
August 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Hello, um, I was trying to download your pack but no matter how many times I try to download it, it says that it is invalid. I tried to open in in 7zip, and it says that it cannot be opened as an archive. Do you know why this might be? >~< I really want to download this...
Which version did you download and which download link did you use?

DarkPsychic
August 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I used Bolth so far and I get the same error=(

Faore
August 13th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Nothing really changed just the Pokemon are animated. Trainer sprites are the same. Map didn't change either. (Idk if it was supposed to)

Nimpe
August 19th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.

Pharetra
August 20th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Thanks for uploading the static sprites version, but there's some problems with these new sprites. Half of them aren't aligned right and have to be manually realigned and a couple big pokemon like Lugia and Moltres as so big that they cover the other pokemon. This wouldn't be so bad if the enemy pokemon didn't appears on top of the one you're controlling.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?

Nimpe
August 20th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Would you mind sending me a screenshot? I don't have this problem, which version of Essentials are you using?

I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)

Pharetra
August 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I'm using the latest version, which is v9.
And sure, here's the image.
(Sorry but I had to attach it because I haven't posted enough on this forum to post links)
Ah, I see. That's a problem exclusive to Lugia, it's sprite is very wide compared to other Pokémon. I can try resizing the sprite of Lugia, but I can't guarantee that it will look good. I'm sorry.

Nimpe
August 21st, 2012, 01:24 PM
Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.

Karjam
August 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Is this compatable with features introduced in Pokemon Essentials versions 8 and 9?

Pharetra
August 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Lugia is one of the most noticeable but a few others I noticed do it too. Gyarados and Moltres do it too off the top of my head. Also some of the sprites seem to be sort of tearing. If you look, it's on Cresselia's backsprite and the front and back of her shiny forms, The front of Leafy Wormadam, all of Mothim's sprites, both the front and back of normal and shiny Uxie, the backsprites of Illumise and Elgyem, and possibly more that I haven't found. Also, all of Burmy and Wormadam's shiny sprites aren't there at all. Also I've noticed that none of the gender differences are there.

Edit:I decided I'd go through the entire image file and point out what I see.
I noticed that the shiny backsprite for Steelix is a smaller image than the regular one. I didn't look at this ingame so I'm not sure what it looks like.
This also happens with every sprite for Teddiursa and Ursaring.
Also, Shiny Diglett's front and back sprites are different from the normal. And Shiny Dugtrio is tearing on both.
Normal and shiny Manaphy and Phione's back and front sprites are all tearing, too.
Tirtouga's front sprites normal and shiny tear.
All of Plusle's sprites tear, and quite disturbingly if you ask me. His ear is floating off his body.

Oh! I just tested out Lugia ingame and apparently it fixes itself. Lugia appears ontop of the enemy, which is kind of cool I guess.
Thanks for pointing these out, I'll see what I can do. I am very busy with my fangame at the moment so I have little time to fix these.

Is this compatable with features introduced in Pokemon Essentials versions 8 and 9?
Yes, although you might get problems with Experience Points. I'll send you a working pokemon.txt if you get problems.

Maruno
August 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I noticed some missing icons and cries. For example, Frillish/Jellicent/Unfezant need icons for each gender (this is now possible in Essentials), and there's the genies/Kyurem/Keldeo's alternate forms. The three genies also have different cries in their alternate forms.

Parismessios3
August 26th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I think there is a problem with pokemon.txt. I always receive 1EXP. I'm using the latest version of essentials (9)

Pharetra
August 26th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I think there is a problem with pokemon.txt. I always receive 1EXP. I'm using the latest version of essentials (9)
Yeah, there is. I am currently filling in the BaseExp field of all Pokémon and then I'll upload the fixed pokemon.txt file somewhere.

Parismessios3
August 26th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ok, is there any possibility that you will release a pack with the female sprites of the pokemon?

M4CK_M4YN3
September 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I am running Pokemon Eseentials on Rmxp with Ultimate BW 7 sprites. and .txt file but it didnt come with base stats.... Please some one help... or if they know where i can find the numbers or updated file please share.

BaseExp = 0 ???????

EXAMPLE :

[13]
Name=Weedle
InternalName=WEEDLE
Type1=BUG
Type2=POISON
BaseStats=40,35,30,50,20,20
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Medium
BaseEXP=0
EffortPoints=0,0,0,1,0,0
Rareness=255
Happiness=70
Abilities=SHIELDDUST
HiddenAbility=RUNAWAY
Moves=1,POISONSTING,1,STRINGSHOT,15,BUGBITE
EggMoves=
Compatibility=3,3
StepsToHatch=4080
Height=0.3
Weight=3.2
Color=Brown
Habitat=Forest
Kind=Hairy Bug
Pokedex=A Weedle has an extremely acute sense of smell. It distinguishes its favorite kinds of leaves from those it dislikes by sniffing with its big red proboscis (nose).
BattlerPlayerY=11
BattlerEnemyY=20
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=KAKUNA,Level,7

Pharetra
September 6th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ok, is there any possibility that you will release a pack with the female sprites of the pokemon?

There is, but I am very busy so it won't be released for a few months.

I am running Pokemon Eseentials on Rmxp with Ultimate BW 7 sprites. and .txt file but it didnt come with base stats.... Please some one help... or if they know where i can find the numbers or updated file please share.

BaseExp = 0 ???????

EXAMPLE :

[13]
Name=Weedle
InternalName=WEEDLE
Type1=BUG
Type2=POISON
BaseStats=40,35,30,50,20,20
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Medium
BaseEXP=0
EffortPoints=0,0,0,1,0,0
Rareness=255
Happiness=70
Abilities=SHIELDDUST
HiddenAbility=RUNAWAY
Moves=1,POISONSTING,1,STRINGSHOT,15,BUGBITE
EggMoves=
Compatibility=3,3
StepsToHatch=4080
Height=0.3
Weight=3.2
Color=Brown
Habitat=Forest
Kind=Hairy Bug
Pokedex=A Weedle has an extremely acute sense of smell. It distinguishes its favorite kinds of leaves from those it dislikes by sniffing with its big red proboscis (nose).
BattlerPlayerY=11
BattlerEnemyY=20
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=KAKUNA,Level,7

I've updated the pokemon.txt file.
Download it here:http://www.mediafire.com/?ebpx3z0cxmif672

The whole pack will be updated this afternoon.

M4CK_M4YN3
September 7th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Thank you SO Much P-Sign Please Disregard Deviant aRT POST.. works great

Taichi
September 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Does this contain BW2 trainer overworlds?

Pharetra
September 14th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Does this contain BW2 trainer overworlds?
It doesn't and maybe never will.

nuzamaki90
September 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Honestly it doesn't even need BW2 overworlds.

There are very few new overworlds in BW2, the most would be the World Tournament overworlds but most people can rip themselves.

Jill Valentine
November 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I tried to download the static version 7 but the link is down I believe

l3eary
December 21st, 2013, 03:06 AM
I like this
it's helped me have an idea of what I want to do for a game.

dydd90
January 20th, 2014, 10:51 AM
This pack is fantastic! You dida very good job thank you :)

Mike'n'Ike
March 3rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
I seem to be having an issue, The sprites look amazing but are terribly positioned, Here's an example https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yNgcLD1EoGQ/UxUosZMuIyI/AAAAAAAAAi8/yy2E2ejWYOM/w549-h467-no/Problem.PNG
And when I reposition them, they reappear after battle, likewisehttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GVzlo7K-ln0/Uwo_X2fGjyI/AAAAAAAAAiI/q_7JHUkBEnA/w500-h347-no/CFlaw.PNG

I'm not sure what Ive done wrong as I've used the Pokemon.txt provided within the pack if anyone could give me a hand it'd be greatly appreciated!

gr3ygho$t28
March 7th, 2014, 02:01 PM
snip

re-add the pokemon.txt provided, then open the Editor, and recompile the data. This fixed it for me.

baby dialga
March 24th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I seem to be having an issue, The sprites look amazing but are terribly positioned, Here's an example https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yNgcLD1EoGQ/UxUosZMuIyI/AAAAAAAAAi8/yy2E2ejWYOM/w549-h467-no/Problem.PNG
And when I reposition them, they reappear after battle, likewisehttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GVzlo7K-ln0/Uwo_X2fGjyI/AAAAAAAAAiI/q_7JHUkBEnA/w500-h347-no/CFlaw.PNG

I'm not sure what Ive done wrong as I've used the Pokemon.txt provided within the pack if anyone could give me a hand it'd be greatly appreciated!

To fix Reappearing of pokemon enemy
in PokeBattle_ActualScene line no 2661 there you will see

pkmnsprite=@sprites["pokemon#{pkmn.index}"]

In next line add

pkmnsprite.visible=false

sorry for bad english

Rosile
March 31st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Can you please put up another link for the statics? It's impossible to reposition the sprites in the Editior otherwise.

Molly
May 9th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I love your Pack. I will youse them for my Game.

Noah.
May 29th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Hello. I really like the package and would like to use it! I apologize if this something easily fixed. I am tired at the moment and am new at the whole essentials package. Thank you in advance for looking at this. I installed the necessary files in the correct manner and made a simple scene to check to see if it worked. I grabbed charmander and tried to go into the party list to see if it worked. Unfortunately this message appeared:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError
SpriteWindow:218:in `initialize'
PokemonSprite:113:in `new'
PokemonSprite:113:in `pokemon='
PokemonSprite:99:in `initialize'
PokemonParty:341:in `new'
PokemonParty:341:in `initialize'
PokemonParty:614:in `new'
PokemonParty:614:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonParty:612:in `each'
PokemonParty:612:in `pbStartScene'

Air Lock
May 29th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Hello. I really like the package and would like to use it! I apologize if this something easily fixed. I am tired at the moment and am new at the whole essentials package. Thank you in advance for looking at this. I installed the necessary files in the correct manner and made a simple scene to check to see if it worked. I grabbed charmander and tried to go into the party list to see if it worked. Unfortunately this message appeared:

You need the Pokemon Pack v1, because you're missing the pokemon icon files

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar3n1v7w3u9hwdb/Pok%C3%A9mon%20Pack%20v1.rar

Go into the Graphics folder, copy the Icons folder that lies inside, and paste them inside your game's Graphics folder.

Noah.
May 29th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Awesome, thank you very much! That worked perfectly. I didn't expect a reply so soon, and I also feel kind of silly.

Discord.
June 15th, 2014, 11:11 AM
There should be a download for static pokemon sprites too because there is a tiny bit of lag when animated sprites have to be loaded(like the Pokemon stat menu, which also affects the Pokemon party, or in battle).

Otherwise awesome pack

Minokun
July 13th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I know this is kind of late, but has anyone found a way to fix the positioning? I know it's possible games like Pokémon Reborn successfully pulled this off.

Spluff5
October 4th, 2014, 02:33 AM
I have an issue,
When an opponent's Pokemon with an animated sprite faints it disappears but then reappears with just the top of it's head poking up over the top of the player's Pokemon's HP window until the trainer sends out their next Pokemon. This looks really horrible, how can I fix it?

Spluff5
October 4th, 2014, 09:47 PM
To fix Reappearing of pokemon enemy
in PokeBattle_ActualScene line no 2661 there you will see

In next line add

sorry for bad english
I had the same issue and tried this. It worked but now the sprites don't fall down when fainted, they just vanish. How do I fix that?

EndBlack
October 13th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Many thanks this pack is very good, long ago I was looking for something like this.