PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Time Fan Club [C'mon, Grab Your Friends]

Oryx
December 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
It's...
Adventure Time!

Welcome to the Adventure Time Fan Club!

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake is a Cartoon Network show created by Pendleton Ward, based on two heroes who adventure through the land of Ooo, fighting the Ice King, saving princesses, and in general being as awesome as possible. Between the zombies, kidnapped princesses, croak dreams, vampires, and other crazy monsters, they have a lot to deal with!

Rules and Sign Up Form

1) Follow all PokeCommunity Rules.
2) Obviously, no bashing of Adventure Time.
3) Try to follow the topic if it's still active. Feel free to change it if it's dying down though.

Favorite Episode:
Favorite Character:
Why do you love Adventure Time:

Member List

Toujours
Aizuke
Eeveon
Zeffy
Truality
Hartnett
WoopDerp
CloseCombat
ChrisyChris007
Mr Cat Dog
Essentials
Houndour2005
Marcelgum
gunnerpow7
CyanFlame

Past and Current Topics

Which season do you like best and why?
What made you get into Adventure Time?

Aizuke
January 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
*le gasp*

JOINING.

Favorite Episode: Thank You
Favorite Character: Lumpy Space Princess + everyone else
Why do you love Adventure Time: Because it's so random and hilarious and the characters are adorable and the things they say, are what me and my friends say. XD

Tyrantrum
January 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joining this awesome-sauce club. :D

Favorite Episode: Um, I don't really know... :3c
Favorite Character: Finn & Jake!
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's hilarious, trippy, and freaking amazing. <3

Oryx
January 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
Added you both! Welcome! (: Which season is your favorite?

For me personally it's Season 3, because of a lot of the cute songs, my favorite episode (What Was Missing), and people like the Earl of Lemongrab in it. There are some great ones in every season but I feel like the best ones are concentrated in 3.

Aizuke
January 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM
The Earl of Lemongrab made me laugh so much. XD

Hm, I'm kinda torn, as they're all great seasons. I think Season 1 would be my favourite though, since it's the first season so it's the beginning of the awesomeness.

Hermione Granger
January 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Favorite Episode: can't really say...they're all great!
Favorite Character: Lumpy Space Princess
Why do you love Adventure Time: The show entertained me when I was sick, and not a lot of things can entertain me when I'm sick. From then on I loved the show so much I can't help it. <33

Can't really say what my favourite season is, I haven't watched them all completely.

Truality
January 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Favorite Episode: I dunno lol
Favorite Character: Jake the dog
Why do you love Adventure Time: no particular reason, it's just enjoyable in a fresh way.

Count me in, fellas! I only watched the first season, waiting for some free streaming time to watch the second one, so you can say my favorite is that one.

Oryx
January 3rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Welcome you two!

I would definitely recommend to you two to watch the rest of the seasons, maybe speaking from my Season 3 bias though, lool. But seriously there are some great episodes and how can you miss the

Earl of Lemongrab
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2659/lemongrab.jpg

God
January 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
WHOOPS I FORGOT TO JOIN THIS I'M SORRY

Favorite Episode: I can't remember the specific name of the episode, but the one where Finn and Jake are in charge of looking after the royal tarts.
Favorite Character: PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's a fresh breath of fun amongst the other...less enjoyable shows on Cartoon Network. Less enjoyable being a euphemism.

Oryx
January 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Welcomeee! That's one of my favorite episodes too tbh, the Tart Toter is just one of the best characters in the show. I almost died when he made a cameo in the last episode that came out.

https://atrium-directory.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/submissions/toter-slides-1_1_fullsize.png

Zet
January 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Favorite Episode: How can I pick just one?
Favorite Character: See answer to question one
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's mathematical!

I hope this is acceptable <3~

Oryx
January 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Welcome! Sorry for the delay, lost track of the club for a while haha x.x

The newest episode will be on this Monday, finally! I've missed Adventure Time over the holiday break :( It'll be called Paper Pete, any thoughts on what it might be about?

sunny0295
January 20th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Favorite Episode: What was missing
Favorite Character: Marceline
Why do you love Adventure Time: cuz' it's funny and it's adventurous

Oryx
January 20th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Welcome sunny!!

The newest episode came out last week, and I thought it was pretty hilarious. Watched it online with my boyfriend at like 5AM but still found it particularly amusing. I hope the Rainicorn tearing them apart thing isn't too recurring though, because this is the second time that I remember it coming up and I don't like the ones where the two of them don't get along tbh. :(

Aaaand the next one is called Another Way!

Finn is scared by clown nurses.

I really liked the one about fear of water, so hopefully this one is just as good :3

Hermione Granger
February 3rd, 2012, 05:02 AM
SEMI-SPOILER ALERT HERE

I have been watching Adventure Time in CN lately, and even though they repeat the episodes, I really don't get bored of it. Especially that episode where Marceline's dad was brought to the world. I like Marceline's song!

Hartnett
February 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Favorite Episode: It has to be Slumber Party Panic. I think it's the first episode of the first season, but it was that episode that made me perpetuate the show. Susan Strong and What Was Missing are also episodes that were great. All episodes distinguished themselves actually.
Favorite Character: Lumpy Space Princess [and Jake].
Why do you love Adventure Time: I enjoy the randomness in it, the hilarious satires, how they turn a swear or a demeaning expression into something funny yet only teenagers or adults would fathom the relation: "what the french fries", "son of a bling-blog (or something like that)" etc. The simpleness in execution, the unprofessional graphics, and the grotesquely-designed but unique characters shape up Adventure Time.

Oryx
February 3rd, 2012, 06:37 AM
SEMI-SPOILER ALERT HERE

I have been watching Adventure Time in CN lately, and even though they repeat the episodes, I really don't get bored of it. Especially that episode where Marceline's dad was brought to the world. I like Marceline's song!

I love all of Marceline's songs! Probably at least once a day I find myself singing "I'm Just Your Problem" from What Was Missing to myself. God such a good song, and such a great voice. I loooove Marceline omg omg. Have you seen the episode with her ex-boyfriend? They actually make a nod to that song in there. :3

Favorite Episode: It has to be Slumber Party Panic. I think it's the first episode of the first season, but it was that episode that made me perpetuate the show. Susan Strong and What Was Missing are also episodes that were great. All episodes distinguished themselves actually.
Favorite Character: Lumpy Space Princess [and Jake].
Why do you love Adventure Time: I enjoy the randomness in it, the hilarious satires, how they turn a swear or a demeaning expression into something funny yet only teenagers or adults would fathom the relation: "what the french fries", "son of a bling-blog (or something like that)" etc. The simpleness in execution, the unprofessional graphics, and the grotesquely-designed but unique characters shape up Adventure Time.

Welcome!! Glad to have new members :))))

The summary for Monday's episode came up on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/adventuretime), Dad's Dungeon!

Flower path…or that guy? Which way would you go? Don't miss an all new Adventure Time, Monday at its new time, 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network!

Aww, poor that guy. :(

CloseCombat
February 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Favourite Episode: The Limit
Favourite Character: BMO
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's so random and I like the creativeness of the character design like Lady Rainicorn.

ChrisyChris007
March 11th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Favorite Episode: It came from the Nightosphere.
Favorite Character: Marceline.
Why do you love Adventure Time: Unique. ♥

Mr Cat Dog
March 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Toujours! Why didn't you tell me about this? Joining now. :D

Favorite Episode: Fiona and Cake or Trouble in Lumpy Space
Favorite Character: Arrrgh, don't make me choose! Between LSP and Peppermint Butler and Ice King and Tree Trunks and... argh! Decisions, decisions. OK, if I had to choose, I'd say Cinnamon Bun, mainly because he makes me laugh every time I see him. But that's ONLY if I have to choose.
Why do you love Adventure Time: 'Cause you can grab your friends and go to very distant lands where the fun will never end... OBVIOUSLY!

New season starts next month! Can't wait. :D

Essentials
April 9th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Favorite Episode: The episode where Finn and Jake go inside Marceline's memories.
Favorite Character: Marceline and Lumpy Space Princess.
Why do you love Adventure Time: 'Cause it teaches me how to be awesome. \m/

Houndour2005
April 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Still brand new to the show.

Favorite Episode: I saw only one episode in winter on Youtube and can't remember the name.
Favorite Character: Lady Rainicorn
Why do you love Adventure Time: Funny and adventurours as told before.

Marcelgum
April 12th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Luv it!!!!!
Favorite episode:idk coz I like all of it
Favorite Character:Princess Bubblegum and Marceline
Why I love Adventure Time: It's very exciting,it's a great show,it takes away my boredom and I never get sick of it!>.<

gunnerpow7
April 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Favorite Episode: ... Ummm... All of them? =3
Favorite Character: ... All of them... But if I have to choose, it would be Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, Lady Rainicorn, LSP, and Marceline... Oh and Ice King and Gunther! =3
Why do you love Adventure Time: Because it's awesome! Nuff said.

Oryx
April 23rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Okay I disappeared for a while but I'm back now! Welcome to all the new members!

The episode Dream of Love aired today, starring Tree Trunks. Not my favorite episode and I could have done without the song, but I still enjoyed it if only for the sad expressions of Tree Trunks. What did you guys think?

gunnerpow7
April 24th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Well, tbh, since I am not from the US, I don't really have a clue... Cartoon Network Philippines usually pick up new episodes later... Heck, Pokemon here still don't air Black and White... =/ Also I can't just Youtube it.. my internet is sluggish.. =/

Well, I'm just waiting for the Thursday 11:30 AM showing of Adventure Time. They're showing Too Young and Fionna and Cake... IN ONE RUN-THROUGH! Yes... they are on my watchlist for now.. I mean who doesn't want to watch Finn and 13 yr. old PB kiss or an episode wherein the Ice King writes fanfiction about the adventures of the gender-swapped characters of Adventure Time?

Mr Cat Dog
April 24th, 2012, 06:05 AM
"THE CONCERT IS OVER!"

God, I love me some Cinnamon Bun! These last couple of episodes have just been great for him.

Oryx
April 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Well, tbh, since I am not from the US, I don't really have a clue... Cartoon Network Philippines usually pick up new episodes later... Heck, Pokemon here still don't air Black and White... =/ Also I can't just Youtube it.. my internet is sluggish.. =/

Well, I'm just waiting for the Thursday 11:30 AM showing of Adventure Time. They're showing Too Young and Fionna and Cake... IN ONE RUN-THROUGH! Yes... they are on my watchlist for now.. I mean who doesn't want to watch Finn and 13 yr. old PB kiss or an episode wherein the Ice King writes fanfiction about the adventures of the gender-swapped characters of Adventure Time?

Those are really great episodes. Actually the two episodes where PB is young are some of my favorites! Fionna and Cake was great just for

LORD MONOCHROMICON

"THE CONCERT IS OVER!"

God, I love me some Cinnamon Bun! These last couple of episodes have just been great for him.

Cinnamon Bun reminds me of the Tart Toter. I miss the Tart Toter. :(

gunnerpow7
April 29th, 2012, 11:50 PM
So disappointed...

I watched the show... NO KISS!!!! =( Hate the censors... =/

But yeah, Mortal Recoil and Too Young are so cool as well as Fionna and Cake....

Tbh, Lady Rainicorn is my current fave... Love the Korean Lady! =3

Cinnamon Bun!!! Funny... =3

CyanFlame
April 30th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Favorite Episode: The one with Fiona and Cake. (Forgot the name)
Favorite Character: Finn, O' course.
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's so random and the weird words they say make me laugh.

Mr Cat Dog
April 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Well, tonight brings our return to the Nightosphere! Everyone seems to like the first one, so hopefully this one should live up to its lofty expectations. Yay?

Oryx
April 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Favorite Episode: The one with Fiona and Cake. (Forgot the name)
Favorite Character: Finn, O' course.
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's so random and the weird words they say make me laugh.

Adding you to the list, welcome!

I'm really excited for tonight, just because I love Marceline.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35u5pjV1u1qzrbk9o1_1280.jpg

Zeroblivion
April 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Favorite Episode: The episode with the Door Lord. Can't remember the title of the episode.
Favorite Character: Marshall Lee. :3
Why do you love Adventure Time: Because it's epic, random and.. FUN.

Mr Cat Dog
May 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Marceline, but I really liked these episodes (and was very glad that they aired both together, as opposed to being split up over two separate weeks). Maybe it's because Marceline herself wasn't in them as much as her father... I dunno. I really liked her song, and the 'political' rap, and the eventual reveal as to why bananas are gross. This one was a big step up from last week, despite the lack of Cinnamon Bun!

Mr Cat Dog
May 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Well, here's my last-ditch attempt to revive this. What was everyone's thoughts on the most recent episodes? For me, I love anything Ice King-related, so the most recent episode was all kinds of freaky and awesome!

Oryx
May 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
THERE WERE PENGUINS

The fact that there were penguins alone was enough. I always wondered about their names too, so that was a major plus! Speaking of the Ice King, have you ever heard this? It's from the episode with his video diary (Holly Jolly Secrets?), where they fast-forwarded. It was slowed down on youtube and he was actually saying things:

ibbNuWwv2Xo

Text below:
I've been meaning to tell you something insanely private, but diary, I love to...to...fill my bathtub full of milk and then sit in there like I'm a magic angel. there, I said it. Why is the milk so dense? And when i poke my little toes out from under the milk, they startle me and I giggle! And then I giggle, diary! And then I giggle, and then I giggle...Then I fall asleep and the milk curdles and I get all sticky. But trust me, diary, I'm disgusting! I'm disgusting and I smell like - I smell like curdled milk!

I used to have a much better version of this, with more of the sped up stuff, but idk where it went D;

Mr Cat Dog
May 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
I rewatched 'Holly Jolly Secrets' and wowzers, is the Ice King one f'd-up character or what? That episode, along with the most recent one, show some serious dimension to the guy. It almost makes me feel sorry for him... almost!

Oryx
May 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM
The Ice King makes me sad because it's like...he only does his bad things because he wants a princess to love. If just one of the dozens of princesses loved him back, he wouldn't be a bad guy anymore. D;

pokemonranger109
June 2nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Favorite Episode:Forgot name but, With the pie throwing Robot!
Favorite Character:Tree Trunks and Lady Rain-a-corne
Why do you love Adventure Time:I am big into Cartoons ,so I saw Adventure time's Trailers before its first episode with the manly minotuar ,so
my brother and I was like, "OOO A new show.We gotta see this!!"

Mr Cat Dog
June 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
The Ice King makes me sad because it's like...he only does his bad things because he wants a princess to love. If just one of the dozens of princesses loved him back, he wouldn't be a bad guy anymore. D;
That's the thing, yeah. And this most recent episode shows that he'd probably be a doting and attentive husband and not keep the princess locked up or anything. One of the things I love about this show is that its emotions all feel very real, even when the situations are often wonderfully fantastical. Ice King's psyche, Finn's troubles with puberty etc.

OH AND LOOK I HAVE AN ADVENTURE TIME AVATAR! :D

Oryx
June 3rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
I saw that! Lord Monochromicorn is amazinggggg <3 Fionna and Cake is by far one of my favorites.

Also, the description of the episode tomorrow:

Princess Bubblegum is concerned over her mortality and reveals her designated successor to Finn and Jake.

Wasn't that Lemongrab...?

gunnerpow7
June 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Lord Monochromicorn! <3

On a different note, Cartoon Network Philippines launched its Facebook fan page yesterday and its theme is, yep, you guessed it, Adventure Time! <3<3<3

Season 4 is coming soon in the PH! Yay! <3 We're so late tbh....

Oryx
June 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Gunner I told you I can hook you up but you won't let me :(

Re: the new episode (spoilers ahoy)

I hope they bring back Stormo at some point, because I have a feeling that Fin won't be able to leave him sitting there for all eternity, as his "son" and all, haha. Also, bee x flower OTP

Mr Cat Dog
June 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
So, PB has to turn evil in one episode, right? I mean, if Goliad has her DNA and managed to turn completely malevolant and without any sense of empathy, then surely that doesn't bode well for PB?

Also, Cinnamon Bun was put into the mixture for Goliad. That made me extraordinarily happy! :D

gunnerpow7
June 9th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Oh my glob you guys, you're like spoiling the fun for me... I like totally hate how we get episodes really late... And no Touj, I'm not interested... >.> I don't like downloads coz they are like taking up mah own space....>.>

-End of LSP impression-

Mr Cat Dog
June 10th, 2012, 04:35 AM
You could stream instead? That way your space wouldn't be needlessly affected. But it's your call, after all.

Madam Cheezy
June 15th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Whyyyyyyy didnt I know this was here sooner? :P

Fav episode: That's cruel to make me pick one...
Fav character: LSP FTW!
Why I like it: Because of everything it is, and everything it isnt.

Anyone else psyched for the next episode? ^_^

~Ryukaa
June 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Oh, hey! An Adventure Time fanclub! I made one of these a while ago, but it died miserably. xDD;;

Favorite Episode: 35a 'Thank You'
Favorite Character: Marceline, Princess Bubblegum and BeeMO. o3o
Why do you love Adventure Time: I just love the amount of creativity the show seems to have. I also love all the characters and the art style. It's just an awesome show. xD;

What made you get into Adventure Time?
It was during the time I got into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. While I was exploring around, I heard some bronies mention Adventure Time, so I looked it up. It seemed pretty interesting. Later on, I asked my friend if he knew of any good cartoons, and he brought up Adventure Time. That was when I decided to give it a go, and instantly fell in love. xDD;;

Mr Cat Dog
June 16th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Anyone else psyched for the next episode? ^_^
Always! But especially for this next episode, as it brings LSP back to the forefront!
In order to do research for her tell-all memoir about men, Lumpy Space Princess goes undercover working for Finn and Jake.
Can't wait! As much as I've loved this recent string of Ice King episodes, it'll be nice to see some of the other critters in the Land of Ooo for a change.

gunnerpow7
June 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Always! But especially for this next episode, as it brings LSP back to the forefront!

Can't wait! As much as I've loved this recent string of Ice King episodes, it'll be nice to see some of the other critters in the Land of Ooo for a change.

Related to current episodes, my new theme is totally more lumpy than before! Yeah, LSP theme going on and its so math! =P

Madam Cheezy
June 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM
XD

The new episode was so...wtf.
I loved it.

But now I guess everyone is going to have to deal with all the Finn x LSP shipping now. Oh jeez.

And yes, gunnerpow7, tops blooby for your LSP theme! Mathmatical!

gunnerpow7
June 22nd, 2012, 05:22 AM
lol wait what? Finn x LSP? That's so messed up.... but cool! =P

Current fave character is LSP.... =3

Mr Cat Dog
June 22nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
The best part of that episode, by far, was LSP's ringtone to signify that Turtle Princess was calling her. "Hey giiiiiiiiirl! Hey giiiiiiiiirl!" Turtle Princess' voice actor just elevated that into hilarity, for me personally.

Madam Cheezy
June 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Oh yeah! :D
I actually said to myself that I was going to look for that as my new ringtone.

I think I'd pee myself if I heard anyone else with it. I mean, imagine you're in a mall, checking out whatever, and from across the room you hear...
"HEY GIIIIIIRL! HEY GIIIIIIRL!"

So, did anyone else see "Princess Cookie"?
I liked it, but I also thought it was a little messed up.
Like, they showed a confused cookie commit suicide....sort of. Lol. And Jake just abandoned Finn like that! *gaspdramaticpose*

BlooMilk C.
July 24th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'd like to join; I'm a big fan of Adventure Time. I want to watch more episodes, because they used to always come on when I was at school.
LSP is a great character, and I love her :)

Mr Cat Dog
July 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I really liked the latest episode a lot. In fact, AT seems to be on a bit of a roll lately, with all of the episodes since 'Goliad' being strangely brilliant in their own ways. I just hope the series keeps up this level of forward momentum in the future!

Matthew
July 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM
May I join this club? After all, I AM from the Land of Ooo. Tbh, I haven't really been catching up the new episodes, but I'm watching random episodes on CN, lol.

LiquoriceBeef
August 22nd, 2012, 02:57 AM
Favourite episode: all of them
Favourite character: Shelby, the worm in Jake's viola
Why do you love Adventure Time: It's algebraic!

Joining!

lasttfarewell
September 7th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Favorite Episode: Incendium
Favorite Character: Flame Princess ^^ I kind of pity that she can't be together with Finn because she's a fire elemental and they'll hurt each other (':
Why do you love Adventure Time: bubblegum, rainbows, lemons and unicorns? you name it, they've got it :]

here have a picture ^^

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120831211245/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/thumb/3/3e/FlamePrincess.png/150px-FlamePrincess.png