PDA

View Full Version : Clubs Ideas and Discussions

Alternative
January 2nd, 2012, 11:30 PM
Club Ideas and Discussions
This is a place where you can discuss any club ideas you may have. If you have an idea for a club and want to see if people would join it, or would like to present an idea for a club and don't want to make the club, you can do so here. Just to get a general idea for what to post here, here's a list.http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/eventimages/eastereggs/63.png

If you want to make a club, and garner interest for it.
If you want to suggest a topic for a club, because you're not a leader type person.
Anything else which may seem like it belongs here.

Esper
January 3rd, 2012, 02:41 PM
Since Other Chat did away with the Post Your Problems thread I thought that maybe there could be a club with a similar purpose. I know they said that if you want a thread to vent in that it should go over to OVP, but if you wanted to have a thread that's aimed at people looking for actual advice then it might... maybe... possibly work to have something like a club for peer counselors. Or something. This is not a very thought-out idea and I don't know if it would even go here. Thought I would suggest it though.

Kura
January 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
I agree with Scarf here.. the Post Your Problems thread was perfect for those who just need someone to talk to and get opinions.. and as a community why should we deny the people the chance to talk about that in a place where everyone can band together and help each other?

I am 100% for Scarf's rec.

Broken_Arrow
January 3rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
after the Holiday Hop area archived we will need to make a clup to the group on Skype..i tried to find it as they said it used to be here but i didn't ..it would be nice if we started a Skype Host club lol

twiggie "Terry Tay" will be the leader .."Skype Host Club" :3 like Ouran high lol

Alternative
January 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
after the Holiday Hop area archived we will need to make a clup to the group on Skype..i tried to find it as they said it used to be here but i didn't ..it would be nice if we started a Skype Host club lol

twiggie "Terry Tay" will be the leader .."Skype Host Club" :3 like Ouran high lol
Well Twiggy, Countryemo and I were only hosting this one. If you want to create a Skype club where you have general skype chats often then go ahead. You don't have to wait for Twiggy to make it.

Kura
January 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
You think that a cosplay group might er garner some attention? I'd like to have one!

Truality
January 5th, 2012, 02:33 AM
A club about 'post your problems'? Sounds good to me, if someone can pull it off in the form of a club...

You think that a cosplay group might er garner some attention? I'd like to have one!I'm not a fan of cosplaying, as most of the time I only view others cosplay (and it's not always pleasant), but heck, I would join.

---
I want to make a Fairy Tail club. It's a good, popular and weekly updated manga/anime, and I like it a lot. I would like to see if there are other fans over here, though.

AshPikastar
January 9th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I was thinking about remaking the Kirby Fanclub if we still have many Kirby fans around but I was also thinking to make a Angel Beats club too.

King Goodra
January 20th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Someone other than me (since I really can't be bothered to dedicate time to that) should make a homework club! It can be used for help with homework yayaya!

FrostPheonix
January 28th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Starcraft club? dunno, I guess its kind of a gamer's obsession... but considering the fact that probably almost everyone here is a gamer of some sort (probably pokemon), and that starcraft is one of the most succesful RTS games out there, it deserves a thread. Thought of making one before, but I don't have too much time for pokecommunity... so couldn't do it.

Hoping someone takes it upon themselves to do it.

Soi
February 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'd join the Starcraft club if it were made, even though I'm beyond terrible at the game. Same thing with a Skype group thingy.
I also wonder if anyone would join a Warrior Cats club for the book series. I like to pretend I'm not the only person that isn't mesmerizer by this series but i'm usually wrong sadly.

Shining Raichu
February 17th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I also loved Scarf's Post-Your-Problems idea from over a month ago - just thought that some support for that was worth showing :P

Also, I had an idea for a club that I may make if anybody would be interested in being part of it - a Joss Whedon fan club. It'd basically be a place to discuss his work (being Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the upcoming The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods). I'm just a huge fan of his but I didn't know if there were any others like me on PC lol.

Sora
February 17th, 2012, 06:06 AM
I'd join the Starcraft club if it were made, even though I'm beyond terrible at the game. Same thing with a Skype group thingy.
I also wonder if anyone would join a Warrior Cats club for the book series. I like to pretend I'm not the only person that isn't mesmerizer by this series but i'm usually wrong sadly.

I knew I was on the right track when I kept telling myself that your avatar reminded me of Warriors! I just read the first series and a few of the second series (because after that I just can't really get into it), but it's something that I would join if there was one. I'm not sure how popular it would get sadly buuuut it's worth a shot?

Sector
February 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I noticed there isn't a moderator in this section at the moment..just thought I should post this:

I submitted a Friends Club!

And hopefully it gains interest. :)

Alternative
February 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I also loved Scarf's Post-Your-Problems idea from over a month ago - just thought that some support for that was worth showing :P

Also, I had an idea for a club that I may make if anybody would be interested in being part of it - a Joss Whedon fan club. It'd basically be a place to discuss his work (being Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog and the upcoming The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods). I'm just a huge fan of his but I didn't know if there were any others like me on PC lol.
I would support any idea which is revolved around a club of a set of series, similar to the Square Enix club, but so long as it doesn't only revolve around a particular subject, then I'm fine with it. Like, don't just talk about The Avengers or Firefly, or don't get too in-depth for it, then it's fine.

But anyway, I would like to see if anyone would ever consider joining a Gintama club. I've been thinking of making one if anyone would like to join it. :3

Squirrel
March 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
It could be interesting to see some different kind of clubs in the section, maybe activity based clubs? For example as suggested earlier in the thread a homework club, a support club or a skype club :3 It could have regular events and such and would really be a good way to make new friends and contacts. Other examples could be a general film club with livestreaming etc, clubs for people who want to play online games together (isketch etc?), that kinda stuff... I'm up for starting one of these clubs if someone else doesn't but it'd be nice to gauge interest first - how would people feel about a homework club or a problems/support club? Which would be preferred?

Alternative
March 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM
It could be interesting to see some different kind of clubs in the section, maybe activity based clubs? For example as suggested earlier in the thread a homework club, a support club or a skype club :3 It could have regular events and such and would really be a good way to make new friends and contacts. Other examples could be a general film club with livestreaming etc, clubs for people who want to play online games together (isketch etc?), that kinda stuff... I'm up for starting one of these clubs if someone else doesn't but it'd be nice to gauge interest first - how would people feel about a homework club or a problems/support club? Which would be preferred?
Activity clubs would be great I would think, especially clubs which are more based for anyone. Only problem is while they'd create bursts of activity, I feel they would be more "come-and-go" based things, such as the homework club. But the film and isketch sort of clubs would be great and I'd totally support that. A post your problems club also falls under the same jurasdiction as the homework club. Unless you can provide something like "Hi, I'm Nurse Joy. How may I help you today" sort of thing; a general help club, that's probably much better.

SiphonophoreHouse
March 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'd really like a Big Bang Theory fan club. It's an amazing show, but I just couldn't manage a club.I would appreciate if someone had the initiative to make one.

Limanya
April 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
ii am thiinkiing about makiing a home2tuck troll fan club, but ii dont really know. ii am already pretty busy.

WestsideConnection
April 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Would anyone be interested in a NASCAR fan club? There are a lot of fans out there, just seeing if any here are willing to join a club.

PS. Don't reply to this if you are just going to hate.

CarefulWetPaint
May 7th, 2012, 11:57 PM
What would you people think about a gym related club?

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.
Would anyone be interested in a club like this?

Impo
May 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Like a club where people talked about their fitness routines, what they do at the gym, nutrition etc and helped out other members with figuring stuff out. Every week there could be a rotating workout for the members to try and members could also post videos etc to show proper form on exercises or to demonstrate something.

I was going to suggest this but lucky you did and saved me from typing all that.
I would so totally join that (read: make it now)

Juicy
May 22nd, 2012, 07:54 PM

You could also include little challenges and discussion about avoiding the gym (Not avoiding working out, working out without needing to go the gym though so calisthenic stuff). Not sure if I'd join or not, I don't really post a whole lot but I'd certainly be interested in reading it and it might even give me some motivation to post a bit more.

Kurui
May 22nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
@Gym Club -

Would go there to maybe get tips on soft exercises that I could do being disabled and all. I used to work out but I've had to cut way back to basically nil. I'd to there for yeah, learning purposes and progress purposes. i say: Make it!

CarefulWetPaint
May 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
The demand is there so I shall fulfill the demand! I'll make it up for you all tonight.

@Juicy the plan was to do stuff like that, having rotating workouts you could do at home and that you can do at the gym etc.

@Kurui Im sure if you ask and theres enough people therell be members who can figure some stuff out for you, I'll personally look into it once I've made it.

New Club Idea:

How would people feel about a How I met your mother club and/or a Community club (community the tv show)?

Shining Raichu
May 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM
I think the gym club is a great idea because it's based on a universal topic that can't be exhausted. It's an ongoing theme of the world (such as video gamers, LGBT, atheist etc) so it'll be easy to keep rolling with it. The thing I've noticed about fan clubs of specific things like TV or book series though, is that they tend to die very quickly - so with the exception of Harry Potter, I tend to stay away from them. I think with TV shows, as much as we all love them and share in the joy, there's only so much that can be said about them (particularly comedies like HIMYM and Community). So if you're going to make a club on either of those, I'd make sure you have a lot of people who would be committed to helping you keep them alive.

I'd join the HIMYM Club because I watch and love the show, but I think it'd be hard to keep up the momentum because the discussion is dealing with a finite source material.

WOW I SOUND LIKE SUCH A BUZZKILL. I don't mean to be discouraging haha, that's just my observations from being in Other Clubs for so long XD

King Goodra
May 23rd, 2012, 06:24 AM
I think all clubs should forego sign up forms. I hate it when clubs have sign up forms. And even more-so when clubs have sign up forms that need the username. lol you can't see what my username is from my post? If you want to join a club, you should just be able to post in there and say you want to join and then start contributing just like any other thread.

Shining Raichu
May 23rd, 2012, 06:42 AM
You have no idea how much I agree with this. I don't put sign-up forms in my clubs for that very reason - you say "hi I'm joining" and then just get on with it lol. I remember before I took the Atheist Alliance it had this long-winded sign-up form which basically made you reveal your views on everything ever - it was so annoying.

To me, the sign-up forms kind of feel like you're in an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and you're like "Hi I'm Glenda and I'm an alcoholic. I have a different man from the local bar in my bed every night and I haven't seen my kids since June. At least I think they're men..." and every time I see somebody fill one out it feels like I'm being forced to chant "Hiiiiiii Glendaaaa" in dull unison with the other club members.

CarefulWetPaint
May 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Id agree, I would very much prefer if people joined the club by just saying they were in then jumped straight into the discussion at hand in their "joining post".
I think the problem is that a lot of people don't feel like joining the discussion for some odd reasons, that's the only reason I have sign up forms in my clubs, to try and get them talking and adding to the discussion. I see a lot of people just join clubs and only fill out the sign up form and not add anything to the discussion or bring up a new topic at all, that annoys me a lot!

-edit-
Only reason I put username in is cause I find it easier to C/P it from the post then the username.

Hikamaru
May 24th, 2012, 03:46 AM
One topic I might put up for suggestion.

Maybe an Australian club? We already have a Philippines Club here so why not make an Australian one? Plus it is my native country and I love Australian culture, man they have some of the best sports teams ever and not to mention it hosted 2 Olympic Games and 4 Commonwealth Games!

Plus, it's home to loads of famous beaches and native plants and animals.

I'm sure this club will be popular with our Aussie users.

Mockingjay
May 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
If this doesn't exist already...

..the Nutella lovers club. Yesyesyesyes. I'd join that for sure. Talking about the various ways we use Nutella... *drools*

Squirrel
May 24th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I think all clubs should forego sign up forms. I hate it when clubs have sign up forms. And even more-so when clubs have sign up forms that need the username. lol you can't see what my username is from my post? If you want to join a club, you should just be able to post in there and say you want to join and then start contributing just like any other thread.

This works if your posts are detailed and informative, but I think a sign up form is crucial for the majority of members joining clubs. It's not some official thing that you have to do before joining, people can post in clubs without having signed up (at least in PoC), but it's just a case of "Hi, here's some information about my interests relating to the topic" rather than "Hi I'm joining" which is what a lot of members would end up posting given the chance. Maybe I'm being judgemental, but from past experiences of running clubs without sign up forms, this is what happened. :p But yeah the username thing is silly, I mainly just include it for an easier c/p source and since its standard in most clubs, but yeah its pretty weird to include it. xD

CarefulWetPaint
May 24th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Personally I don't see a problem with an Australian club but saying that I probably wouldn't join it as I don't see very good discussion coming from it. I may be wrong but thats just my opinion.

Theres already a digimon club so maybe if it dies it could be remade!

Mockingjay I think a nutella club would be to specific to get good discussion going so itd probably die out. Making a Ferrero s.p.a club would probably get better discussion going but im still not sure if itd work. (Ferrero is the company that makes nutella as well as other products such as Ferrero Rocher and Kinder, according to wikipedia at least.)

Alex I agree with your completely! Especially about easier C/P from the username in a sign up form xD

Cherrim
May 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I like sign-up forms that give an overview of your involvement in the fandom/interest. So a general "favourite character/favourite episode/how did you get involved in [reason for club]" and so on. Name is okay by me so long as it's more "what should we call you" rather than "username". I usually leave out the username part if it's asked for in clubs. o_O But at least answering well thought-out (but not too complex) questions about the topic in a sign-up form gets people saying something that can be replied to, which is a nice basis for further discussion.

But also agreeing that without the forms, people have a greater tendency to just post with mere "can I join?" intros. I find that ditching user lists also stops this post but people seem to love lists (even though I hate them and find them very tacky and annoying to update--which is why people don't keep them very up-to-date) so I don't bring this up much, lol.

Btw, I'd be okay with nationality clubs.

CarefulWetPaint
May 28th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I think someone who knows a lot more then I do about the culinary arts should make a food club! In it they could post recipes and share them with other members etc. Discuss the best way to cook things to be super duper yummy! Even video tutorials on how to cook certain meals. I'd certainly be down with a club like that, it'd be AWESOME!

droomph
May 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I think all clubs should forego sign up forms. I hate it when clubs have sign up forms. And even more-so when clubs have sign up forms that need the username. lol you can't see what my username is from my post? If you want to join a club, you should just be able to post in there and say you want to join and then start contributing just like any other thread.This! And a prime example of what should happen:you all KNOW I have to join.. so add me too.Yessss something like that. Haha I should shut up

But yeah whatever, the sign up forms are a great way to get introverted people (like me) practice our "enter conversation" skills, as it's basically telling us, "no matter how hard you failed, you still did it right because the form saved you. Try harder next time though!".

I think someone who knows a lot more then I do about the culinary arts should make a food club! In it they could post recipes and share them with other members etc. Discuss the best way to cook things to be super duper yummy! Even video tutorials on how to cook certain meals. I'd certainly be down with a club like that, it'd be AWESOME!Yesss it'd be awesome, but...Laura In the Kitchen and foodwishes exist, so it'd basically be a PC portal for their Youtube channel...

However that's boring so we'll also be able to share our own personal recipes, and try to share our thoughts and new recipe ideas!

...I WILL MAKE ONE RIGHT NOW. Besides, I have a Grovyle cake to bake (;)), and I would like some help!

...damn you css

Spinosaurus
May 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make some kind of "Sports Club"? In Culture & Media, there's only one active sports thread, and it's only about Soccer.
I think having a thread about Sports would be an interesting idea, especially in a form of clubs where everyone can discuss their favorite sports and even their recent activities. Talk about leagues, tournaments, popular players and anything in the sports media should also be encouraged.

I believe there should be someone who's willing to do it, and I doubt it wouldn't be active. (If it won't I'll be shocked.) While it's true having a general sports club with all the different kind of sports could get messy, but with the right owner and rules I'm sure it could be done. Better than having a club just for Soccer or Baseball or Rugby, no? The club would also go well with the Gym club, I believe.

Alternative
May 29th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make some kind of "Sports Club"? In Culture & Media, there's only one active sports thread, and it's only about Soccer.
I think having a thread about Sports would be an interesting idea, especially in a form of clubs where everyone can discuss their favorite sports and even their recent activities. Talk about leagues, tournaments, popular players and anything in the sports media should also be encouraged.

I believe there should be someone who's willing to do it, and I doubt it wouldn't be active. (If it won't I'll be shocked.) While it's true having a general sports club with all the different kind of sports could get messy, but with the right owner and rules I'm sure it could be done. Better than having a club just for Soccer or Baseball or Rugby, no? The club would also go well with the Gym club, I believe.
I think sports is a real iffy topic if you were to ask me. Just having a club for sports would mean that everyone's talking about random sports. I mean someone could be rambling on about soccer, the next cricket and so on. But it is a much better idea than one specific sport. I know that one club which I approved was basically about one canadian hockey league and it didn't do so well. If it were about hockey in general, it would've done much better.

CarefulWetPaint
May 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM

I personally think it would probably work better in C&M then OC as a discussion thread instead of a club like the soccer one. Though saying that it could (possibly) work here as well as long as you don't have it as an all inclusive club of all sports (like Alternative said) or a club super specific about what sport it is and even what country the sport is played in like the Canadian Hockey (again like Alternative said).
I think it'd probably work better if the clubs were all inclusive of only one kind of sport if you were to make a club like Tennis club or a cricket club. (Just dont make it like an IPL Cricket Club or the Wimbledon Tennis Championship Club.)

Everything said I still think it would probably work better in C&M then in OC, just my opinion though!

Also are you really making a culinary club Droomph? One where people can share their recipes and teach me how to cook super yummy food from ALL OVER THE WORLD!? That'd be fantastic.. and I hope it works xD

Shining Raichu
May 29th, 2012, 04:16 AM
But also agreeing that without the forms, people have a greater tendency to just post with mere "can I join?" intros. I find that ditching user lists also stops this post but people seem to love lists (even though I hate them and find them very tacky and annoying to update--which is why people don't keep them very up-to-date) so I don't bring this up much, lol.

Btw, I'd be okay with nationality clubs.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually have no problem with "can I join?" posts. Usually when people post them in my clubs they post them with a reason explaining why they should be allowed to join (apparently not realising that it's against the rules to deny anybody and they need no justification). Even when they don't, it's easy enough just to welcome them in and carry on with the conversation. I've never been in a situation where it's halted or derailed the discussion.

They also help with the member lists, which I love :P. I think the member list, even though it's not hard to become a member of a club, is a great aesthetic touch to set a club apart from just a thread.

droomph
May 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Also are you really making a culinary club Droomph? One where people can share their recipes and teach me how to cook super yummy food from ALL OVER THE WORLD!? That'd be fantastic.. and I hope it works xDI hope it works too ^^

Ahhh

Yes. What Shining said. It's funnnnnnn to make lists. Here, looky looky, the RH section. Based off of the idea of "lists are fun!"

:D

I don't have a problem with them "can I join?" posts either because as long as you also include something to contribute to the discussion we're all one happy family :)

SchwarzRozen
May 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM

That seems to be really hot right now, and I do love the series.
I'm just a newb, so I dont want to host a club that'll fall because of my newbness xD

CarefulWetPaint
May 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM

That seems to be really hot right now, and I do love the series.
I'm just a newb, so I dont want to host a club that'll fall because of my newbness xD

Sadly I dont think this would really work as the last Avatar club (which just died) was pretty much stagnate the whole time and only got about 6 posts all up over a few months..
I suggest chatting about Avatar in the Culture and Media thread about is as that gets much more activity then the club did.

Zayphora
June 11th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'm thinking of making an Animal Crossing club...do you think that'd work? I don't know. I used to belong to this Animal Crossing forum and a lot of the people on it liked Pokemon so I wonder if it's really just me that likes Animal Crossing here. Opinions? Oause I'm a noob and I don't want to make a noob fail club.

CarefulWetPaint
June 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
If theres at least 3 or 4 people who are generally interested in the game and its lore etc I am sure that it could work! But you've got to be really careful with game clubs because the game has a finite ending etc.
Though there is a Video Game forum that a thread about Animal Crossing may also work in, this may be a better way of finding out if theres any interests in the forums.

mineox100
June 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I had an idea of a digital art club... but I don't know how to run one, and if I do, it will probably be horrible. Do you guys like the idea? Maybe make the club for me? :D

Absol
June 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Is a club for music too broad? I would like to have a place where people can discuss their favorite music and discover new music but I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in a club like that. If just music is too broad, then maybe a specific genre of music club. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

CarefulWetPaint
June 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Is a club for music too broad? I would like to have a place where people can discuss their favorite music and discover new music but I'm not sure if anyone else would be interested in a club like that. If just music is too broad, then maybe a specific genre of music club. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

This is really to broad for this section, with a club for music being to broad and specific genre being to specific and thus probably not going to work here either.
I strongly suggest making a thread in Culture and Media to discuss music like this as its more suited there, rather than making a club here.

Absol
June 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
This is really to broad for this section, with a club for music being to broad and specific genre being to specific and thus probably not going to work here either.
I strongly suggest making a thread in Culture and Media to discuss music like this as its more suited there, rather than making a club here.

That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the advice. :)

droomph
June 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Is a linguistics club too broad? I think it would be nice for the language freaks on PC to have a place where they can talk about sounds and grammar. :D But I want to know if it's good to have one.

Cherrim
June 21st, 2012, 07:09 PM
I think that might actually hit up on the narrow side, actually. But I also don't have too much interest in linguistics so maybe I just don't know what things you could talk about in it? I know I have some friends with a ridiculously intense interest in grammar but would there be enough to talk about to pick up some more casual fans? XD; Unless there's enough enthusiasm without drawing in people who have more of a passing interest, of course. :P

droomph
June 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
Well, the things I've thought we could do:

- Hook people up with language teachers (after which they'll take it to PM/VMs of course)
- Have people create language (making or learning) tutorials
- Make languages and get some feedback on them
- Talk about the aspects of grammar and probably find something new and unusual for the real linguistic community probably

It's basically the Emulation forums but for linguistics.

But you're right people probably don't have that great an interest. But I do have the club first post all made and formatted and ready to go, sitting in my Notepad, if enough people think it's a great idea.

CarefulWetPaint
June 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
The way you put it makes it seem way too broad indeed Droomph, it seems like it DOES need its own forum for that. I'm not against it but I dont think that it's going to work out that well.
It does really sound like a decent idea and fairly interesting but it just doesnt feel like it could work that well.. well at least not in this section.. but then again I personally don't have any interest in a club like this so I could be a bit bias.

droomph
June 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yep, that's not gonna work.

Also, next question. Would a club for a specific artificial language (like Esperanto or Klingon) be a good idea? Every language has its culture (like Esperanto is about peace, Klingon is about war, and Lojban is about neutrality and logic) so I think it could work out fairly well. But then again, we don't want fifty clubs for unheard of languages like babm and Blissymbolics.

...So what do you think?

CarefulWetPaint
June 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Personally, again I think this may be a little to specific and I dont really see it generating all that much discussion as a club as it doesn't REALLY have much that there is to talk about other then people talking with each other in that language which could end up just as a spam fest. I just dont really think this is the kind of forum where clubs about language would work for anything other then getting your post count up, especially fictional langauges like Klingon.
Sorry.

Squirrel
June 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Language clubs would be great imo. It'd be a great way for people to learn how to speak new languages, practice their language skills on a daily basis, talk to other people facing the same challenges they are, work together to improve the learning, share tips etc, and generally just have a lot of fun speaking a whole new language with a group of people that has helped them every step of the way. Plus there's also the cultural/origins side of the language to discuss too so I'm all for this idea. :3 Assuming it generated enough members/interest, this would be a wonderful idea for a club.

Shining Raichu
June 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
I think Alex is right; in theory, language clubs would be a great way for people to talk and learn languages and done right, it could really be something special. With made up languages like Esperanto or Klingon, they do have their own culture attached and the clubs could evolve beyond the language itself into other aspects of the fictional worlds from which they originate.

But truth be told, I don't think it will generate enough interest. I don't think there'd be enough interest in made up languages like Klingon Esperanto on a forum like PokeCommunity for it to be viable :(. If I'm honest, I think the only language club that people would keep alive would be a Japanese club... because everybody seems to be interested in all sorts of anime shows and other aspects of Japanese culture (which makes sense, given that it's a forum based on Pokemon, which is Japanese).

droomph
June 24th, 2012, 09:19 PM
And Alex is learning Japanese toooo ;)

But yeah, I guess...Japanese club sounds great! I can settle for that - though I would have rather seen a Korean or Russian club :\ though I understand your points.

Then there's the problem of it stealing activity from the JE forum - though this is discussing culture, JE also discusses Japanese culture...what do you think about that?

awolfsquared
June 28th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Not sure if anyone suggested this, but what about a club for artists/art lover?
I know there's the Artist's Corner, but there isn't a place for artist/art fans to gather and just talk about art.

Another ideas I have is a club for DeviantArt users/fans of DeviantART. That maybe that's too specific for a club though.
I would be willing to start up both of these, just want to get an idea what you guys think.

CarefulWetPaint
June 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Droomph I think its probably better suited to go into JE because its cultural but could also work here if there was enough interests and it was ran properly. I suggest talking to digi-kun about it first though.

AW I think thats a fairly good idea but it may take away activity from the Art Corner. It could work as a really good place for artists to get some solid discussion going about techniques they use and stuff like that.
Also I dont know if a deviantart club would work as it seems like just advertising that website and itd basically just become a portal for it with little dicussion being able to steam from it.

Shining Raichu
June 28th, 2012, 05:49 AM
To be real, though - PokeCommunity is a huge forum, with areas that cover pretty much everything in life. You would be hard-pressed to find a club that doesn't steal activity from another forum in some way. The more common victims are Culture & Media and Japanese Entertainment, because the focuses of those forums are where a lot of fandoms come from, but ultimately that shouldn't matter because clubs have a very different energy than a regular discussion thread - they are generally a more cohesive and inherently positive environment, and I believe that's why the clubs deserve to exist.

I forgot the point I was trying to make with this.... oh right! The fact that a club might take activity from another section isn't necessarily a reason for it not to exist. Clubs and discussion sections are two very different things, and if a person has enough passion for the subject at hand then I see no reason why they shouldn't be able to post in both.

So personally, I don't see the problem with an artist's club. It goes well with the musician's corner and the fitness club. I do question how much activity it would get, but I guess that's something you can only know for sure by trying it out. As for a deviantArt club, I tend to agree with CWP there - so maybe just lump that in with the art/artist club and do it all as one?

droomph, my point about activity-stealing above applies to the Japanese language club as well, but if you're worried about that, I don't think you need to be. I just had a quick look in the club and from what I've seen, all the threads except for one are about various anime series, and not so much about the culture itself.

In any case, I've always been a sort of 'you don't know until you try' sort of person, so that's what I recommend you do. That's just my opinion though, the others are bringing up valid points as well :P

CarefulWetPaint
June 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Andy I was more thinking about how Erica said that people have been complaining about other clubs stealing activity from other forums.

Personally I think the Artist club would be great, especially if it had a lot of interest and active members, I think it could be fantastic. As Andy said Lumping the DA into the artist club would probably work best.

Droomph for a Japanese Language club I think it would take a lot of work to keep it going well. Though if it gets a lot of active members and interest is could be a very popular and fun club.

Personally I'm fairly happy with anything that will bring more activity to Other Clubs as long as its with in the rules!

Alternative
June 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'm personally against an "artist" club seeing as it would need to coexist with the Art Gallery section we have here. I would agree with having a DeviantArt club though seeing as that is more specific and wouldn't really hurt that section or so to say. Just depends on how much activity we get for that club; I can't see it getting that much. If there were activities for the club such as "find something which inspires you" or "use this flash game to make mario look like zelda" then it could work.

gunnerpow7
July 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hmm... I would like to make a Harvest Moon Fanclub but I would like to know if there would be anyone who would be interested and join the club?

Impo
July 2nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
I love Harvest Moon, so I'd probably join it

Shining Raichu
July 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
HARVEST MOON!

I would totally join that club, I freaking love Harvest Moon so much. GOGOGO.

Railgun
July 2nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Very tempted to make a Homestuck club

Shining Raichu
July 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
That's not something I'd personally join, but I know there are quite a few Homestuck fans on PC, so I think you might get quite a bit of activity if you do!

Railgun
July 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
That's not something I'd personally join, but I know there are quite a few Homestuck fans on PC, so I think you might get quite a bit of activity if you do!

Oh cool. I'll get to work on it

CarefulWetPaint
July 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
I have heard a lot of people on the forums talk about homestuck before so it could work but for it to work it does need a lot that can be discussed about it / new content regularly and everyone who is interested to actually participate in it. If you have all those together I think it will definitely work out great!

Ravenfreak
July 8th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Would a Teen Titans club be okay? I'd love to make it, but of course i'd like to see who else would love to join. Plus the show is being revived in 2013, so we'd have stuff to talk about, and there are shorts airing on DC Nation as well. :)

CarefulWetPaint
July 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
In all honesty from what I've seen clubs based on shows basically go completely idle unless the show is currently airing. So saying that unless the shorts bring enough discussion and there is enough interest at the moment I'd either wait till a lot closer to the reboot or even after the reboot has already start or I fear it won't be very active.

Limanya
July 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Oh cool. I'll get to work on it

HOMESTUCK CLUB???????????????????????????

+1 MEMBER GET!

gunnerpow7
July 13th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Hey, who would want a House of Anubis Fanclub? I may create it if I have the time...

Shining Raichu
July 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I had to do a Google search just to find out what House of Anubis was - and I'm usually pretty well-informed on TV shows, so I don't know how popular or well-known it would be. I could be totally wrong and I hope I am, but I wouldn't want you to waste your time if nobody's heard of it.

Limanya
July 15th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not that into House of Anubis anymore...

Kura
July 19th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Was wondering..

What about a cosplay/ convention/ expo club? For people who like to go to comic/ anime/ game conventions?

Honest
July 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Was wondering..

What about a cosplay/ convention/ expo club? For people who like to go to comic/ anime/ game conventions?

Inspired by Comic-Con, Kura? =P I'd probably join one, but I have to go to a convention first... I missed out on Comic-Con last year. >>

Plasmette
July 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
We need a Mega Man club...now.

CarefulWetPaint
July 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Kura I think that be a really cool club of there's enough people who Cosplay and show interest in it. Lots of discussion on how you make your costumes and stuff like that as well as pictures of finished Cosplay would be awesome! Id definitely read anything interesting posted in it.

On mega man.. I don't know how well that would work.. Might not be enough interest and discussion to keep it going.

zappyspiker
July 19th, 2012, 02:49 PM
A Cosplay/Convention club would be awesome! Plan more amazing PC meetups at conventions and discussing about Cosplays... I am in!

antemortem
July 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Breaking Bad club, please.

Honest
July 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Breaking Bad club, please.

Is the show that good? I've heard so much hype about it... I might be inclined to agree if I watch and think it's good.

Gonna avoid a double post, but how about a Chess Club?

antemortem
July 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Is the show that good? I've heard so much hype about it... I might be inclined to agree if I watch and think it's good.

Best show I've watched in ages, bar Bad Guy.

Shining Raichu
July 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Haha it's funny you should mention this because I've just been invited over to my friend's house today to watch Breaking Bad. I'll decide when I get home whether I would join a club about it :P

But Minzy if you want one you should make it!

droomph
July 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Is the show that good? I've heard so much hype about it... I might be inclined to agree if I watch and think it's good. Well it involves meth so I'd have to say it is. AnywhoGonna avoid a double post, but how about a Chess Club?Ooh now this would be cool. Though rather than an "enthusiast's club" could it be a Chess Club Club Club clubbity club? I remember I used to have them at the library but then I moved :P It wasn't exactly fun but it was cool, so maybe we could work something out. Like set up text matches on Skype or IRC. It would also be very cool if cool if people could speculate, though a scheduling program would have to be made up (every half an hour? Hour? Dunno) but with Skype there could be a "gamemaster" who places the pieces and displays them on screen while people chat.

And in the actual thread you could have like classes where people study how to play better, and people would give help, not unlike a RMT thread in CBC.

And um if that works out how about a Go club? That would be cool

CarefulWetPaint
July 26th, 2012, 01:05 AM
On TV show clubs such as breaking bad etc they only really work WHILE the show is airing and then they are only really used for episode discussion, so if you want to make one make it as the show begins airing, especially if its a popular show. This will be the best chance of having it being active.

The chess club! Now that could be really cool, especially with some of droomphs ideas implemented, there could even be like a PC Chess tournament or something! Though I think how this club would go really depends on how many people actively use it and organise games with other members for fun/ to help them get better.

Also I've dont even know what you mean by GO so...

droomph
August 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
@CWP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) this is what I mean. I think that since there's already schools dedicated to playing Go and perfecting your strategy and that it's practically a sport in Asia that it would be super cool for PC. And besides, it's easier than chess to record (there's 19x19 squares and you can place stones wherever you want and nothing gets moved)

Kurui
August 10th, 2012, 03:50 AM
I wanted to start a club specifically for game design (and all aspects of it), but someone told me that would go in video gamers which I dunno how since all that's mostly discussed in there is games that are out and being played, etc. And it waters out the designing aspects in favour of "What is your fav boss?" "What annoys you in ___ game?"

Then I started thinking about a club for artists (like visual art/drawing/painting/spriting/animation etc.), but there's already an art section on the forum for random junk even though it's scattered and not all in one thread.

Outside of complete game design and art, I don't really know much about anything to start a club because it's like......a werid margin from too broad to too specific. ._.; So unless I start a random club for a random series, yeah. I hate how spread apart it makes everything seem.

CarefulWetPaint
August 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM
@CWP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game) this is what I mean. I think that since there's already schools dedicated to playing Go and perfecting your strategy and that it's practically a sport in Asia that it would be super cool for PC. And besides, it's easier than chess to record (there's 19x19 squares and you can place stones wherever you want and nothing gets moved)

Well in all honesty I don't really see a club like that working that well, especially since no one has said in this thread that they have any interest in it at all. It seems to be too dependent on member interaction which could be a big downfall in the clubs activity and participation, people are lazy.

I wanted to start a club specifically for game design (and all aspects of it), but someone told me that would go in video gamers which I dunno how since all that's mostly discussed in there is games that are out and being played, etc. And it waters out the designing aspects in favour of "What is your fav boss?" "What annoys you in ___ game?"

Then I started thinking about a club for artists (like visual art/drawing/painting/spriting/animation etc.), but there's already an art section on the forum for random junk even though it's scattered and not all in one thread.

Outside of complete game design and art, I don't really know much about anything to start a club because it's like......a werid margin from too broad to too specific. ._.; So unless I start a random club for a random series, yeah. I hate how spread apart it makes everything seem.

@Game design club.
I dont think theres much point in this, if you really want to discussion game development you can use either the video gamers club, the video game forum, or the game development forum, with the video game and game dev probably giving you the best chance of good activity.

@Art Club
Theres been discussion about this before and I think it ended up with being that theres already a forum dedicated to that kind of stuff so there wouldnt be much point to it.

Theres also no need for you to start a club, especially if it just comes down to being something random so you have a club.

droomph
August 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hey, just thinkin' yo.

Would a comedian fan club & comedy workshop club be of interest to anyone?

Sorta like the Musician's corner, but for comedy?Watchy'all think?

Shining Raichu
August 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'd join a comedian fan club just because I have so many comedians I love and I would love nothing more than to spam YouTube clips of Kathy Griffin and Chelsea Handler all day long :P

As for a comedy workshop club... I'm not sure it'd get much interest. Do we have that many people here who seek to be comedians?

droomph
August 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Well, it could be combined - it's not like they're mutually exclusive. People could post clips of their comedy attempts and we'll help them iron the kinks out.

But yes, definitely the fan club if anything.

Kurui
August 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
There's also a section for video games, AND a club for video games.

So why not an art club? :| Just saying.

droomph
August 17th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Go 'head and make it! Don't be afraid.

This section should be even more active that PoC, so go 'head and make it! We appreciate the activity, yo.

The emphasis is on the execution, not the idea. Try to see what they did right and wrong, and transfer what you learn over to your own club!

danaxe
September 6th, 2012, 07:19 AM
hey is there an animal crossing thread

Shining Raichu
September 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Nope! I just had a look and there isn't one (at least not one that's active) so if you wanna make one go ahead :)

King Goodra
September 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Made a homework club yayayaya!

I just posted it so it hasn't been approved yet.

Overlord Drakow
September 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Someone (not me) needs to make the Australian Alliance club.

Shining Raichu
September 11th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Drakow, what on Earth would there be to talk about in an Australian club :P

Kura
September 11th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Drakow, what on Earth would there be to talk about in an Australian club :P

Giant spiders? Fosters beer? Backwards toilet flushing?

Shining Raichu
September 11th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I work in a liquor store and the only Fosters beer we sell is Fosters Light Ice... and we don't sell very much of it at that :P. Still, I guess I see your point. I will consider making it but it's probably better suited to somebody more passionate about Australia than I am haha.

CarefulWetPaint
September 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I dont really see the point in an Australian Club, have you never heard of tall poppy syndrome >.> Australians hate anything good about themselves. Though it could probably get some nice discussion going if people actually cared. Someone besides andy should make it xD

p.s I have never seen a fosters beer at all >.> and our toilets flush the correct way.

Overlord Drakow
September 12th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Dude, what about this club then;

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285827

If they can have one then so can Australia V____V

Shining Raichu
September 12th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I dont really see the point in an Australian Club, have you never heard of tall poppy syndrome >.> Australians hate anything good about themselves.

Have you ever heard of tall poppy syndrome? Because that's totally not what it means :P.

In any case I have found a conscript volunteer! Our very own Nica aka Requility will be taking the reigns and making the club.

YOU'RE WELCOME DRAKOW

Overlord Drakow
September 12th, 2012, 04:52 AM
THAT IS BS! I ASKED HER TO MAKE IT AGES AGO BUT SHE DIDN'T WANT TO ¬______¬

It's cause I'm a niglett so she doesn't listen to me.

CarefulWetPaint
September 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I think its more just she's to lazy to be involved in a club that much.

Also I think a homework club will be awesome, help all the newbies out with all the stuff they no know!

cough physics club time cough

Miss Doronjo
September 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
I won't be opposed of the creation of a science club~ <3

droomph
September 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
nica is past her club years.

Anyways maybe a hw club would be cool, though I don't see myself asking a lot of questions myself :P Maybe it could incorporate organization tips or whatnot to help the people who need that sort of help.

And then the casual "hey what's ____ about homework do you ____?" topics.

tl;dr YES HOMEWORK/SCIENCE CLUB

Miss Doronjo
September 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Well, I've been thinking about a couple of ideas for clubs... one, is a cooking club; basically, we talk about how we got into cooking, what are our favourite things to cook/bake/grill...whatever, and maybe share recipes. Of course, you don't have to be a 'gifted' or 'experienced' chef or anything like that; you can just basically 'like to cook' and it'll be okay.

Another, well, I've read some of the past posts on this thread, and I saw that a 'post your problems' club has been suggested - I too, see that could turn into a general help club, really. I mean, 'Dear Anonymous' could be used to speak your mind to or about someone, and this club could be, say, you sign up as a member who posts general problems, and at the same time, help out others.

Ah... and the general topic questions? Maybe, 'what would you say or do' sort of topics in that regard?

...Well, I'm bouncing ideas here. @__@

CarefulWetPaint
September 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
There was a cooking club!... It just recently died I believe :'( If you can think of a way to make one that will be more active than the last please feel free to! Id be interested in it >.>

The post your problem club would be something that doesnt really need a topic as people will post their problems and then in return you post trying to help them out with there problem, I do think its a good idea but it'd take a lot to implement it without people being mean to everyone etc. I do think this is another good idea, itd be like free counseling!

The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
September 20th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Would an Okami club be successful and fun?

Miss Doronjo
September 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
There was a cooking club!... It just recently died I believe :'( If you can think of a way to make one that will be more active than the last please feel free to! Id be interested in it >.>

Yup! I have a few ideas. :3

The post your problem club would be something that doesnt really need a topic as people will post their problems and then in return you post trying to help them out with there problem, I do think its a good idea but it'd take a lot to implement it without people being mean to everyone etc. I do think this is another good idea, itd be like free counseling!

Mmm, well, of course, respect will be a virtue~ I just wonder how this could all 'fit together', as the saying goes.

Would an Okami club be successful and fun?

Ohh, I love Okami~ Of course it can be successful and fun! <33

Shining Raichu
September 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM

I disagree on this point. The post your problems thread existed in Other Chat for ages before they decided to close it because of... I actually don't know why. I think putting it here in Clubs instead would be a fantastic idea. It wouldn't be a conventional 'club' where you join and have a member list, but it could be like a 'come and go' sort of support group thing. I like giving advice, so it's something I'd be interested in seeing!

Would an Okami club be successful and fun

Well fun depends on how you make it, but I think I've met enough people interested in Okami for it to be successful on PC!

Squirrel
September 21st, 2012, 05:38 PM
I won't be opposed of the creation of a science club~ <3

I'd love to join this if someone is planning to make it! Specifically chemistry, but I reckon that's a little too specific haha. But this is a club I'd definitely like to see, it'd be wonderful to have like-minded people to discuss theories/work/news with.

Miss Doronjo
September 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'd love to join this if someone is planning to make it! Specifically chemistry, but I reckon that's a little too specific haha. But this is a club I'd definitely like to see, it'd be wonderful to have like-minded people to discuss theories/work/news with.

Actually, there was a mathematics club here before, sooo I imagine a science club would also be okay.. Unless it perhaps, falls under the homework club somehow; but this can be a general science club where there's general science topics.

Well, I dunno; if no one else wants to make that support group, or if anyone is opposed of one, I can give it a shot of making it, since there's a good general idea on how it can be run.

Squirrel
September 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Actually, there was a mathematics club here before, sooo I imagine a science club would also be okay.. Unless it perhaps, falls under the homework club somehow; but this can be a general science club where there's general science topics.

I meant a Chemistry based club would be too specific if a general science club is already in the works haha, not that a science based club would be too specific. x] I don't know about other people, but I love reading news to do with chemistry/biology (usually in New Scientist) and it'd be great to have a place to discuss this. I'd make it myself if no one else wants to, but I already run several clubs in the Pokémon section so I'd rather not start up another if someone does want to make it instead :p Here's looking at you Doronjo ;3

Miss Doronjo
September 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM
I meant a Chemistry based club would be too specific if a general science club is already in the works haha, not that a science based club would be too specific. x] I don't know about other people, but I love reading news to do with chemistry/biology (usually in New Scientist) and it'd be great to have a place to discuss this. I'd make it myself if no one else wants to, but I already run several clubs in the Pokémon section so I'd rather not start up another if someone does want to make it instead :p Here's looking at you Doronjo ;3

My bad then, hehe. :3 And yeah, of course I can, and will! It shouldn't be too much trouble~ ^^

CarefulWetPaint
September 21st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Its decided then! We shall have a science club made! Go us! I volunteer someone else other than myself to create it though. We can have topics such as the news in science of the week etc and discuss our thoughts on the theories of things and such! I think it will definitely work!

Also Andy what do you disagree with? I think the post your problems would be a great club/support group!

Miss Doronjo
September 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Ooooookay, I did just that - created a science club. :3

It just needs to be approved~

EDIT: aaaand it has, right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289015

Mochi
October 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'm all for the cooking club, if that's still being considered :p

Discussions could include food blogs, the plethora of cooking shows out right now (even though MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen just ended), recipes, etc. Seems pretty fun to me!

Also I came here about the Harvest Moon club, it's been dead for two years and I'm madly in love with the series, would anyone be interested in that?

Shining Raichu
November 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
I'm madly in love with Harvest Moon, so I'd be very much interested in a Harvest Moon Club! You should totally make it! :)

You could also make the cooking club if you're interested in it. I'm moving out of home soon so I might need some easy recipes haha

Mochi
November 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Awh that sounds like a lot of fun to do, I'm really so obsessed with Harvest Moon. ;o;

I don't know of any other active members that would be interested in it though? Don't wanna have a club die on me D: I could try the cooking club too, is it possible to handle two clubs at once?

Shining Raichu
November 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Well I run five clubs at once, so I'm pretty sure you can handle it :P

And don't worry too much about your clubs dying. Clubs do die from time to time, it happens. But the only way you can know if it's gonna succeed is if you make it and see what happens! As long as you do your best to keep it alive, that's all I can ask :)

Sterling
November 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Been a while since I've actually created a club here! That was back during my noob days.

The My Little Pony club back then was super active and with Season 3 approaching WELL WE GOTTA HAVE A CLUB FOR IT, RIGHT? xD I've decided that I'll revive it. Hopefully no one hasn't like...gotten to it first. xD

The previous club was running really well, and I'm shocked to see it dead.

Synerjee
November 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
If the My Little Pony club is revived, I'll definitely join! <3 I can't wait for Season 3~ I've heard news that it's coming out on the 10th this month. Which should be today for the U.S. people(?) and tomorrow for me(Australia). Oh my, I can't wait! :D :D

Oh, and there are 17 pokemon types right? I only see about 12 type-clubs made. Any plans for making the remaining type-clubs, anyone? (I don't have any intention of starting one though, I'm merely suggesting.)

Sora
November 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Ooouh Harvest Moon! I haven't played one since Tree of Tranquility and kind of like Rune Factory more, but I would love to join a Harvest Moon Club myself! If you don't make it maybe I will haha.

As for My Little Pony most of the regulars of the club dropped off the face of PC which is partially the reason why it died other than season 2 ending. I would love to see it get revived myself in honor of the third season.

Hmmm ... I think you would be better off asking over in Pokemon Clubs rather than here for that question, synerjee.

Mochi
November 13th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Ah, I've been meaning to make it but my schedule's been so tied up right now D:

It should wind down in December, so I can try working on it here and there and get it all primped and primed for when I can be more active? Or if you really want to and you're able to, then go for it xD

Railgun
December 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Would a Japanese club work? I know we have a Japanese Entertainment section but this would be more of a culture but more language group. like people could speak japanese to each other to practice.

CharmingAngel30
December 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Is anyone here likes Shugo Chara?
I want to make the club, but i'll find more Shugo Chara maniac first here~

outfox
December 27th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I've been a member for much longer than I nor my join date care to admit. I know this userbase, and I suspect few would be interested in a club for discussion of psychedelics. PM me if I'm wrong.

Here's a more realistic idea I'm interested in. As far as I see there is no club for religious members to gather and discuss their beliefs, spiritual experiences, things of that nature. If I were to make such a club, I'd make sure it is suitable for all members to join, including those who don't practice a religion. If anyone is interested, let a girl know.

I'm also interested in having some thread somewhere for PC member meet-ups because I'm more than down to chill with y'all. Maybe someone can elaborate on that.

Squidchan
December 28th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I've been thinking about creating an astronomy club, but I'm not sure if anyone would join. I need someone to talk to about all the news and things that I read about astronomy, and my husband doesn't understand a lot of it. If you're interested, let me know and if I get enough interest, I'll make the club. :)

gunnerpow7
January 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM
So... I have a couple of ideas that I would like to make! I do want your opinion first though!

A remake of the Glee Fan Club

~Since the old one died, I was thinking of remaking it

A PokeCommunity Fan Club

~ Well, this club is more of a fan club focused on the fans of PC as a forum. We could ask topics such as "Who's your fave moderator?" and stuff but I'm not even sure if it's okay.

Well, these are the ideas I could think of... I'll make them once someone is interested or Andy thinks it's okay to make it... :3

Arx
January 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I am actually thinking of creating a club but i must know if it will grab interest before creating it:
A Naruto FanClub : I am a huge fan of Naruto and i haven't seen any club related to it. I had a idea to create one because i saw some Naruto fans on PC. So what do you think about it?

Seki
January 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Since I know there are some SKET Dance fans over here in PC, I might try and make my first ever club, but I shall wait here till more people are watching it or I might wait for the 3rd season to release, that is... if its going to be released any time soon.

BakingBluePotatoe
February 3rd, 2013, 04:34 AM
Megaforce just came out the other day... and Power RAngers nerds out there interested in a club?

And JNathan, I'm sure you'd have no problem with such a thing! :3

Evil Stud Muffin
February 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I'm surprised no one has done this as of late, but are there any people besides me who want a Doctor Who Club? I'm asking cause I would like to create one, but only if enough people are behind, and if the mods are cool.

JayD
February 4th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I'm thinking of creating a club for Marvel or DC fans. I know we got some superhero lovers here. But my CSS skills are kinda lame.. so that's kind of a problem.

Spinosaurus
February 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Anyone here kind enough to remake the Smash Bros club? Seeing as Smash 4 is confirmed to be in E3 now and how there's some interest going on for the series I think it's plausible to remake it.

I'd do it myself but I've no time or determination for that. I just want to join a new club about it.

CarcharOdin
February 9th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I've been interested in creating a PokeCommunity Metalhead club, but I'm not sure how many people will be interested.

lineofdeath
February 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Hey, someone needs to create an inazuma eleven club, I would, but it would have a really bad css.

Honest
February 17th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I kinda want to make a The Walking Dead club, cause I know how popular the show and comic is. A club would be a neat way for people to discuss their thoughts and such!

Kura
February 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'd be interested in a metalhead club :3 you should go ahead with it!

JayD
February 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
So I made a Naruto club, it's been a couple of days. How can I know if it's been rejected or something? :C

Honest
February 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Andy's been pretty busy, it seems. I PMed him to be safe, but he's probably just too busy to be able to check.

Sterling
April 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
*bump*

I've had this idea for forever now, and I've worked on a draft. But my main dilemma is the amount of people here who are fans of it, as well as the behavior.

I want to start a NASCAR fanclub. I know a few people who would join it (about 2-3), but I was hoping for more than that. xD I'd post it either or, but I guess it's worth a shot I guess? \o/

Then there's also a Family Guy fan club which is another idea I had alongside my MLP club, but I was terribly busy. But I'd work on that too if anyone else is up for it.

droomph
April 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm just gonna pitch this, but what about a linguistics club? Who would be interested?

(no, we won't be talking grammar and stuff. it's just a place to talk about languages and their respective cultures)

awolfsquared
April 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hey so I'm think this is where I go to start a club.

So there was an Adventure Time Club here at one time, but it became inactive due to Laugh leaving PC for a bit. So I thought I revive it. I'm sure if I can manage it, I can keep it from dying and AT is a very popular show so I know people will join. I just don't know if I have to wait for it to be approved of before creating it or how posting a club works.

droomph
April 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hey so I'm think this is where I go to start a club.

So there was an Adventure Time Club here at one time, but it became inactive due to Laugh leaving PC for a bit. So I thought I revive it. I'm sure if I can manage it, I can keep it from dying and AT is a very popular show so I know people will join. I just don't know if I have to wait for it to be approved of before creating it or how posting a club works.

Just make it, and whoever the moderator decides to get on it will approve it if it's okay and reject it if it's not.

Sterling
April 11th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Go for the Adventure Time club, AWsquared! I think I might join, so I can fangirl on Fionna and Cake <3

Kanzler
April 11th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I'm just gonna pitch this, but what about a linguistics club? Who would be interested?

(no, we won't be talking grammar and stuff. it's just a place to talk about languages and their respective cultures)

I love intellectual endeavours like this! +1 from me! Seriously though I love talking and laughing about different languages and cultures.

Edit: I think there should a vlogbrothers club. They're soo cool! I don't have time for that though :P

arachnidsGrip
April 19th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Guys, who would like a Spongebob Squarepants Club? I'm just asking so that if people would want, I could make it.

Also, a The Sims Club? But that might be better off with Video Games tho... idk

Magnetic
April 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Maybe an Adventure Time/Regular Show club?

awolfsquared
April 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Maybe an Adventure Time/Regular Show club?

There's already an Adventure Time club here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300075). And yes ,I made it. :)

Regular Show club would be awesome. It's one of Cartoon Network's most popular shows right now so I'm sure you might find people who would like to join me being one of them.

Sterling
April 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
+1 for Spongebob fan club! Cat Dog used to own one here iirc, so I wouldn't mind seeing it once again' :3

I'm also thinking of a Tamagotchi club. If you lived through taking care of that adorable virtual pet when you were younger, you may want to join this. :D

tigerBLADE
April 26th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Would anybody be interested in a Superhero club? (the ones that you see in comics)

Or... would that be a little too broad?

arachnidsGrip
April 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Would anybody be interested in a Superhero club? (the ones that you see in comics)

I think there should be one for DC and one for Marvel but that's just me...

But +1 for Superhero club!

Kura
April 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I really miss the PC fitness thread :c Would anyone else besides me be for it being revived?

Xevatiz
May 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Are there Dragon Ball club? I don't see it, maybe I'm too tired today. If it is then sorry...

The Dark Avenger
May 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I really miss the PC fitness thread :c Would anyone else besides me be for it being revived?

That is a great group idea.

I have been devoting my summer to getting into better shape; it would be great to share my fitness experience with others and vice versa.

So...I will submit a thread, and fingers crossed it gets approved :)

arachnidsGrip
May 9th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Are there Dragon Ball club? I don't see it, maybe I'm too tired today. If it is then sorry...

There is no Dragon Ball club as I see it :<

Why don't you make a club for yourself or ask somebody to make it for you. I would happily make it for you though but I got a lot on my plate and unfortunately, I really don't watch it. :<

Arx
May 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I love DBZ. I'd make one but I dunno if there's a lot DBZ lovers in PC.

Rϵd
May 17th, 2013, 02:21 PM

Wow great idea ++++

And no, there isn't any DBZ club. You can make one yourself, and i think it will be a success since i have some friends who like DBZ :3

BakingBluePotatoe
May 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
What ever happened to the Plushie Owners Club? I assume it died... sadly... I'd like to revive it if anyone's interested?

Sandshrew4
May 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
How about a Sandshrew club?
You guys are probably sick of me by now, haha.
But I dunno, just throwing it out there.
Also a Beatles club? Or is that to specific considering there's already a music club?

TwilightBlade
May 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
How about a Sandshrew club?
You guys are probably sick of me by now, haha.
But I dunno, just throwing it out there.
Also a Beatles club? Or is that to specific considering there's already a music club?
Pokemon-related clubs are housed in the Pokemon Groups (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) section. You can make a Sandshrew/Sandslash family club or a Ground type club.

You can try to discuss Beatles in the music club, but an alternative is posting in General Entertaiment. If there's a Beatles thread there, have at it. If not, feel free to make one. Hope this helps.

Sandshrew4
May 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
I will definitely do all that in the morning, haha.
It's late by me, and my little cousin is to energetic for either of our good.
As for the ground type club, I made it, but my leave killed it. I think I'd like to focus only on Sandshrew and sandslash.
And I'll check for a Beatles club.
Thanks for the help!

BakingBluePotatoe
May 23rd, 2013, 10:03 PM
Beatles fanculb, eh? I might be interested!

Random thought, has PC ever had a Harry Potter fanclub? I'm not a big fan myself, I'm just curious.

arachnidsGrip
May 26th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Beatles fanculb, eh? I might be interested!

Random thought, has PC ever had a Harry Potter fanclub? I'm not a big fan myself, I'm just curious.

We had a Harry Potter Fan Club right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249012) but I strongly suggest you don't post there as it is already dead. You could always remake it or ask someone to remake it for you.

EDIT: 100th post yay xP

Nickle4aPickle
June 5th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I did a forum search and saw that the KPop Fan Club has been dead for about 1 1/2 years. oo;

With the recent increase in KPopularity, would anyone be interested in making a new KPop Fan Club with me? :D (I'm a bit nervous to do it on my own. XD)

And Harry Potter was mentioned - if it's re-made, I'd join for sure! I might be willing to be a co-runner as well. :3

And just to throw this out there - if anyone wants user bars for their club (any club!), PM me! I love making graphics. :D