PDA

View Full Version : HGSS Gym inside tilesets

Shinypoliwrath
January 10th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Hey there.
Since I've decided to switch my hack from a rom to RMXP, I've been in need of tilesets; some can be found on this site easily, but there are some that you can't find.
So I took the liberty of mapping out some tilesets for the insides of the gyms from HGSS (Sabrina's excluded).
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/hiidoran-man/proof.png
(Not the best map, I know. But there's proof they work)

Here's a download link if you'd like them
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6NVFNNB
Please Give credit if used.
(Images are from stills on psypokes.com, credit to the site,
and obviously; credit to Nintendo for making the sprites).

IceGod64
January 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
This needs some improvement - There are a lot of seams, missing tiles, and errors.

For one, I would recommend making the tileset at half size, and then resize it to 2x when you want to test it. This will help you avoid the 1-tile thin seams that are in several places on your tileset.

Also, I would recommend paying more attention to the grid - I noticed at least one tiling error in the area for Ecruteak's Gym.

Shinypoliwrath
January 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I see what you're getting at.
Most of the tiles looked fine until I double-sized them, and there are missing ones because the images I got them from had trainer OW's over the top of some of the better ones.

Over the next day or two I'll have a look at making them better.

Cilerba
January 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Please provide a list of credits for the tiles you used in your tileset.

Shinypoliwrath
January 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Please provide a list of credits for the tiles you used in your tileset.

Credit to whom? If you don't mind me asking. I suppose there's Psypoke, which is the website where I found the still images, I'll add that in.

~Anbuja
January 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Credit to whom? If you don't mind me asking. I suppose there's Psypoke, which is the website where I found the still images, I'll add that in.

I'll say that im 100% sure that those wall and ground tiles are Kymotonians , and the...lets say beach or misty gym tiles are WesleyFg's.

Cilerba
January 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM

Credit to the creator of the tiles in your tileset.

Shinypoliwrath
January 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Credit to the creator of the tiles in your tileset.
Oh right, I'll add that then.

PokeJones
April 19th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Could you please re-up the files? Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, I saw 2012 and thought that this was a recent thread.

BenGames,Films, and More!
December 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hey there.
Since I've decided to switch my hack from a rom to RMXP, I've been in need of tilesets; some can be found on this site easily, but there are some that you can't find.
So I took the liberty of mapping out some tilesets for the insides of the gyms from HGSS (Sabrina's excluded).

(Not the best map, I know. But there's proof they work)

Here's a download link if you'd like them

Please Give credit if used.
(Images are from stills on , credit to the site,
and obviously; credit to Nintendo for making the sprites).

I don't know if you're aware, but mega upload is dead. If you send them to me, I can post on media fire for you.