PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Stunfisk VS [Emolga] [ Rogue Electrics! ]

Kaori
January 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
http://pldh.net/media/dreamworld/587.png http://i.imgur.com/SBC3H.pnghttp://pldh.net/media/dreamworld/618.png

This week's poll is pretty derpish, and a bit annoying too! Let's hope we can get some real debates on this. 8D

So which will it be for you? STUNFISK? OR EMOLGA?

& if you didn't get the clue last time, we WANT debates and we WANT you to keep posting who you think is better with some pretty good points. If you believe the one you've voted really DOES deserve to be the winner, keep at it! Ain't NOTHING wrong with that. tyvm kthnxbai etc

Forever
January 15th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Stunfisk. No question.

Sorry guys but Stunfisk has an entire style dedicated to it (Stunfisk'd) Emolga just has its gym leader with a style on it. CLEARLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET ITS OWN STYLE. Plus! Stunfisk also has its own DBE page, Emolga certainly can't say that.

Stunfisk also has a sexy typing, while Emolga is similar to Pachirisu, yeaaaaaah. I went there.

Stunfisk: Still derpin' up your B/W polls.

Also I posted this on Stunfisk'd. Complete loyalty. :)

Kenshin5
January 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.

Buoysel
January 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Emolga, its cute, and electric. Granted very similar to Pikachu, but still. And the theme with the gym leader is only in the banner, everything else is Emolga. How could you say no to this:
http://i.imgur.com/7pg2u.png

Besides Professor Oak knows best:

http://i.qkme.me/7gse.jpg

Gamercoke
January 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
To me It's a derpfish vs. a flying electric squirrel. So I've gotta give it to Emolga!

Even though Emolga can be annoying, I've still gotta give it to Emolga!

Azure
January 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Emolga is just too cute so that's who gets my vote ;_;

Yoshikkko
January 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Stunfisk is just .. I don't understand if it was just really meant as a joke or what? Just I can't even find the right words to express the way I feel about that Pokémon haha.

And I LOVE Emolga's ears and just design overall, might be similar to Pikachu but it's a whole different concept.

Eucliffe
January 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Emolga may be another Pikaclone, but out of all the Pikaclones (and Pikachu, not counting Raichu) it has the highest base stat total. Not only that, but it gets an immunity to Ground (with the exception of items/attacks/etc. that ground it). In addition to that, it's speedy enough to pull off Volt Switch AND U-turn to help beat the crap out of tough Pokemon.

Derpfisk, on the other hand, does have a higher base stat total and can use Rock attacks against Emolga, but it has more weaknesses (most of the types it's weak against are also very common in-game) and is rather slow. On top of that, it can't learn Volt Switch and use its Ground moves against Emolga too easily. And if pitted against a Motor Drive Emolga, it can't use ANY STAB moves against it with a chance of success. At the very least Emolga has Flying type moves, though those aren't too effective against Stunfisk.

Oh, and Emolga is much cuter and has a better design (I like its design most of Pikachu and the Pikaclones~). Also Batmolga comic Kaori got her avvie from.

deoxys121
January 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/fonsifanatic/Stunfisk.gif?t=1321932962
Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/fonsifanatic/Stunfisk-Scald.gif?t=1321932960

Superjub
January 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
They both annoy me to be honest. Stunfisk's appearance just annoys me. At least other forgotten Pokemon like Dunsparce were cute (to me, anyway.) Stunfisk is just... there. :x Meanwhile, I'm still annoyed that Emolga doesn't evolve from Pachirisu. Not as much as the whole Luvdisc-Alomomola debate. but that's irrelevant. That, and it is just a Pikachu clone, yet again. :\ However, it's pretty cute and I'm a sucker for cute things, so Emolga it is. :)

littlebrother
January 15th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW

Hikamaru
January 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Marriland finds Emolga so annoying, but I think they're cute!

I have one in Black that's Level 58, female with Quiet nature.

Emolga is so adorable so I say Emolga.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/5/56/Iris_Emolga_Attract.png/800px-Iris_Emolga_Attract.png

shenanigans
January 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
January 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Stunfisk because I can't stand Emolga......stupid Volt Tackle.

:t354:TG

Overlord Drakow
January 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog
January 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
There's a reason that Stunfisk is called Derpfish and was the butt of an April Fools' joke last year: it's not that great. Cool typing but a fugly design, bad stats and a weird-ass movepool make it one of my least favourite critters of the entire franchise. It's not even bad in a so-bad-it's-good way that Dunsparce kinda is (which Stunfisk also stole a lot of its design from), rendering it even more useless in the grand scheme of things.

I also really like Emogla. It probably would have won a fair number of polls, so it feels unfair to put it up against such a crappy opponent. It's annoying, sure, but it has another cool typing, design, and Volt Tackle is kinda awesome. It gets my vote in a heartbeat.

-ty-
January 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I never really liked Plusle, Minun, or Pachirisu, not because they are electric-rodents like Pikachu, but rather, I just did not like their designs. Emolga just happens to be another electric rodent, but I love the typing and design; it's one of my favorites of Unova.

Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
January 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!

PlatinumDude
January 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"

Xeberos
January 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.

Forever
January 16th, 2012, 12:58 AM
It's not Stunfisk's fault that it was created from a derpy-looking animal! :(

I voted for Emolga 'cause it's cute unlike brown sack - Stunfisk. Emolga is like Pachirisu but it's cute anyway and I like it.

Stunfisk isn't a brown sack, it's a beautiful creation.

I'm going with Emolga because it's a lot more cuter than Stunfisk. When I first saw Stunfisk, I thought "WTF is that thing?"

That thing is amazing.

Neither, Magikarp would beat them both. Magikarp is awesome. In all seriousness, Emolga, because Stunkfish looks like an evolved piece of vomit in a 3 inch deep pudddle. And all this stuff about Emolga being Pikachu, apart from both being cute little electric types, what do the have in common? To be honest, i think it looks just like Pachirisu!

Hey hey hey I think you're talking about Garbodor, Stunfisk is definitely much better.

Stunfisk is probably one of my least favorites of the generation. I think it's typing is nice, but I do not like it's design-at all! It appeared to look like a fakemon designed by an inexperienced spriter. This is probably the easiest vote I have had to make, EMOLGA WINS hands down!

Stunfisk is better than most fakemon though, you have to admit!

Voted for Emolga because Stunfisk is just plain ridiculous. And that's coming from me - king of fools - so you know it is just a silly design for a pokemon.

Nope, I don't think of you as a king of fools, you'll have to try better to convince otherwise, imo!

Stunfisk because I can't stand Emolga......stupid Volt Tackle.

:333

Emolga seems so... mediocre next to the sheer hilarity of the ridiculous mess that is Stunfisk. I mean they both suck pretty bad in battle so I'm not gonna even try to compare them but at least Stunfisk is funny and not incredibly annoying in-game by paralysing you every single turn oh my God.

Yup need more of this, everyone gogo. Mission Stunfisk or something!

I've been waiting for a Ground/Electric (my first forum name was grounder on serebii) since around 2003 and actually gave up hope for one before I heard about Stunfisk. So Stunfisk holds a little place in my head that a certain gliding electric tree rat will never occupy.

STUNFISK FTW

:) I'm glad Stunfisk filled that for you - YEAH GUYS, WE'VE HAD ELECTRIC/FLYING BEFORE (aka Zapdos etc) WHILE STUNFISK IS A BRAND NEW CREATION, AKA BETTER.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/fonsifanatic/Stunfisk.gif?t=1321932962
Stunfisk!!! Fisk!! Stunfisk-fisk!!!

Derp-fish ftw!!! Stunfisk's derpiness is awesome! All of Unova exists because Stunfisk keeps it intact with his derpiness. Stunfisk is the ultimate of the derps!

Aside from derpiness, I've used both Stunfisk and Emolga in-game. Stunfisk fared better than Emolga with a wider movepool. Stunfisk can be an excellent annoyer and special defender. I've never used it competitively, but in-game he did rather well. I bred him to know Earth Power, so that was a big help, too. Also, Stunfisk is a rare Pokemon able to inflict 3 different status ailments: Paralysis (many means), Poison (Toxic), and Burn (Scald).

Stunfisk does this to those who voted against his awesome derpiness:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/fonsifanatic/Stunfisk-Scald.gif?t=1321932960

Oh what, it can inflict all three? That kinda is pretty awesome. OH RIGHT, YEAH EVERYONE WHAT CAN YOUR EMOLGA DO, LAUGH? NOPE IT DIESSSS.

I'm using Stunfisk'd right now. Why cause it is winning. Emolga is just another Pikachu clone HOW ORIGINAL! Stunfisk typing is amazing as well.

Ironically both of these pokemon are on the main cast team in the anime Stunfisk(Cilan) and Emolga(Iris) and from what I have seen Emolga is really really annoying. Probably my least favorite pokemon the main cast currently have. The Volt Switch gag was only funny so long. I just wish Stunfisk would get some more love darn Pansage hogging the screen time and Crustle hogging the battles.

Good boy. :3

Kotowari
January 16th, 2012, 01:06 AM
When it comes down to Electric types, my vote goes to Zebstrika. I love my violent zebra. :B But since it's not part of the poll, I will go for Emolga. There's just something that makes me go "wut" when looking at Stunkfisk... It is better than Cryogonal, though.

I won't deny that derpfish has some amusing faces, but the Emolga on top of the theme I'm using is awesome. \o/
PS: Amazing annoyance suits it perfectly. :'D I had to spam Ancient Power to take them down. |D

Oryx
January 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM

Pachirisu is another Pikachu clone as well, just so you're aware. In the first generation they discovered that cute electric rodents were loved from Pikachu, so in Gen II they made Pichu to make it even cuter, then in III they made Plusle/Minun, then in IV they have Pachirisu. All those Pokemon were made to backpack on the success of the original electric rodent, Pikachu.

I picked Stunfisk because it's unique. It's just so derpy in its own way that you have to smile at it when you see things like this:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/09/Cilan_Stunfisk_flying.png/800px-Cilan_Stunfisk_flying.png

Emolga is just...boring. It's Gen V Pikachu. It's kinda cute, but in that very formulaic way that's meant to appeal to people that like formulaic cute, not in a unique way that sets it apart from every other "cute" Pokemon like that. People claim it's ugly, but the look in its eyes just says "love me!"

Also look at its shiny sprite! That shade of blue is gorgeous:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/Spr_5b_618_s.png

As opposed to boring Emolga whose shiny sprite is just slightly off-color from its original, because even the sprite creators thought it was too boring to receive a cool shiny palette:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Spr_5b_587_s.png

Archer
January 16th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I don't think this is a fair competition. I think that Emolga vs Kyurem Minccino would be better. :D

Emolga is, in my noble opinion, the best looking Pokémon of this generation. Awesome typing (baby Zapdos. :D), a very serviceable movepool, including a plethora of Electric moves, Air Slash, U-Turn, Light Screen, Taunt, Toxic and the speed to use them.

My Vote:
Emolga
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/587.gif

miltankRancher
January 16th, 2012, 02:45 AM
This is a really hard poll, since I am not a great big fan of both, but I have to give it to Emolga. from the moment I saw Stunfisk, I was utterly shocked. The first thing that I said is "What is this Pokemon even capable of?" (in my native langauge of course.) Emolga's rarity and it's rather cute design got my vote.

Alpha King
January 16th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I.Hate.Emolga with the burning intensity of a thousand forest fires.

Stunfisk is so derp it wins.

Ephemeral Euphoria
January 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'd have to say Stunfisk due to the unique typing and funny design lol.

Kaori
January 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Wow, I'm shocked to see Emolga winning! But this is great because it deserves to. n_n

It's cute, it can be really annoying within battles which makes it great for the trainer using the Pokémon, it can be fierce (SEE BATMOLGA) and it's just perfect overall. It's like a transform of Pachirisu, not a clone and I like it.

Stunfisk is just a meme. Just a meme.

GO EMOLGA FTW
http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar117377_340.gif ps if you steal my icon < you'll DIE xoxoxo

11wildy
January 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Emolga all the way! Derpfish can only lie down and derp, while getting washed over by Surf. It´s a fish that dies to Surf. Right. And for the shiny sprites, Emolga doesn´t even need a better one, since I don´t think a better one exists! For derpfish color doesn´t matter, it´s still a brown thingy doing derp.

vaporeon7
January 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I have a burning hatred of Stunfisk and a somewhat liking of Emolga so I voted for it. I hate Stunfisk's design because it looks ugly and ew, it also has the cry of someone's bowel being squished and the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was the only Pokémon in the whole challenge that didn't manage to defeat a Pokémon. Emolga has an pretty good design, and a nice typing. Also the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was very quite good. It was able to Paralyse its opponents quickly because of its high speed and Volt Switch out.

shinysweety
January 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I voted for Emolga, cause I LUV EMM but whenever i try to train with Audino's Emolga's pop up. -_- Which i admit it pretty annoying. But still, Stunfisk is just plain yuck xP I prefer Emolga by tons.

Forever
January 16th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Wow, I'm shocked to see Emolga winning! But this is great because it deserves to. n_n

It's cute, it can be really annoying within battles which makes it great for the trainer using the Pokémon, it can be fierce (SEE BATMOLGA) and it's just perfect overall. It's like a transform of Pachirisu, not a clone and I like it.

Stunfisk is just a meme. Just a meme.

GO EMOLGA FTW
http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar117377_340.gif ps if you steal my icon < you'll DIE xoxoxo

A meme can be a good thing, I mean, at least it gets some sort of recognition where people just generally forget Emolga exists, tbh.

I.Hate.Emolga with the burning intensity of a thousand forest fires.

Stunfisk is so derp it wins.

Yay!

Pachirisu is another Pikachu clone as well, just so you're aware. In the first generation they discovered that cute electric rodents were loved from Pikachu, so in Gen II they made Pichu to make it even cuter, then in III they made Plusle/Minun, then in IV they have Pachirisu. All those Pokemon were made to backpack on the success of the original electric rodent, Pikachu.

I picked Stunfisk because it's unique. It's just so derpy in its own way that you have to smile at it when you see things like this:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/09/Cilan_Stunfisk_flying.png/800px-Cilan_Stunfisk_flying.png

Emolga is just...boring. It's Gen V Pikachu. It's kinda cute, but in that very formulaic way that's meant to appeal to people that like formulaic cute, not in a unique way that sets it apart from every other "cute" Pokemon like that. People claim it's ugly, but the look in its eyes just says "love me!"

Also look at its shiny sprite! That shade of blue is gorgeous:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/Spr_5b_618_s.png

As opposed to boring Emolga whose shiny sprite is just slightly off-color from its original, because even the sprite creators thought it was too boring to receive a cool shiny palette:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/60/Spr_5b_587_s.png

Exactly! I believe the blue really brings out the best in Stunfisk. Oh yeah, and its sprite in-game LITERALLY LAUGHS AT YOU, IT'S SO HILARIOUS/ADORABLE/AWESOME that you can't help giggling at it. :33 Emolga however, yeah nooo, not amusing to look at.

miltankRancher
January 17th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I have a burning hatred of Stunfisk and a somewhat liking of Emolga so I voted for it. I hate Stunfisk's design because it looks ugly and ew, it also has the cry of someone's bowel being squished and the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was the only Pokémon in the whole challenge that didn't manage to defeat a Pokémon. Emolga has an pretty good design, and a nice typing. Also the one I used in my Hall of Fame Challenge was very quite good. It was able to Paralyse its opponents quickly because of its high speed and Volt Switch out.

This for the win. My bro tried using Stunfisk for a run, but oh no. The mudfish just flapped around rather pathetically like a Magikarp. Emolga is so much better.

Kaori
January 17th, 2012, 03:06 AM
I disagree with Forever! Emolga isn't forgotten, and it even has its own "meme" as well. And it's even more touching! n__n

Plus the shiny form of Stunfisk just looks odd.

Emolga doesn't have to be considered a Pachirisu clone, but more like its disguise. 8)

oocyst
January 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Stunfisk is so disgusting ugh how can anyone like it I don't get it. I don't really like Emolga either, but it's better than Stunfisk.

Oryx
January 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I disagree with Forever! Emolga isn't forgotten, and it even has its own "meme" as well. And it's even more touching! n__n

Plus the shiny form of Stunfisk just looks odd.

Emolga doesn't have to be considered a Pachirisu clone, but more like its disguise. 8)

What meme does Emolga have? o_O I wouldn't even say Stunfisk is a meme in itself tbh, it's derpy but in itself it's not really a meme. Just one of the most memorable Pokemon in Gen V.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Spr_5b_587.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b2/Spr_5b_025_m.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4b/Spr_5b_417_m.png

Look at how freaking similar they are, it's shameful tbh. Same straight black eyes with white shine in the corner, same long front paws that end in a spiky paw, same round tiny back paws, same pixel-sized nose, same colored circular spots on cheeks, same spiky tail (Pachirisu almost doesn't fit this except for the spikes on the top), same rodent base, and same primary typing. It's sad how many people see "LOOKS LIKE PIKACHU CUTE MUST VOTE FOR IT", since fans were pretty much conditioned to like Pikachu from the start so it's subconscious to think Emolga's cute. When I first saw it I just thought "oh, it's another one of those Pikachu clones designed to appeal to girly girls and kids". :(

Silhouette
January 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I like 'em both, but I like Pokemon that derp at me, like Quagsire, Ditto, etc.

But Stunfisk is definitely awesome anyway. I do like both Stunfisk's and Emolga's typing, but Stunfisk has it.

Kaori
January 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM
What meme does Emolga have? o_O I wouldn't even say Stunfisk is a meme in itself tbh, it's derpy but in itself it's not really a meme. Just one of the most memorable Pokemon in Gen V.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a2/Spr_5b_587.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/b2/Spr_5b_025_m.png http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4b/Spr_5b_417_m.png

Look at how freaking similar they are, it's shameful tbh. Same straight black eyes with white shine in the corner, same long front paws that end in a spiky paw, same round tiny back paws, same pixel-sized nose, same colored circular spots on cheeks, same spiky tail (Pachirisu almost doesn't fit this except for the spikes on the top), same rodent base, and same primary typing. It's sad how many people see "LOOKS LIKE PIKACHU CUTE MUST VOTE FOR IT", since fans were pretty much conditioned to like Pikachu from the start so it's subconscious to think Emolga's cute. When I first saw it I just thought "oh, it's another one of those Pikachu clones designed to appeal to girly girls and kids". :(
Oh please. Every generation is going to have its """""""""""""clone""""""""""""". In fact I'm getting so annoyed when people say that about Pokémon! For crying out loud, they're sprites. People try so hard to be original but there's only so far you can get. At least they're not all blue and white and red and black and yellow combined. There's only so much in the world you can create before people are just going to advance from that, and that's what's going to happen with Pokémon too. Deal with it???

Besides Emolga may be cute WHICH IS A GOOD THING, and very useful in-game. So it's like a "oh look at me I'm cute how can you ever attack such an adorable Pokémon like me?? :3c "EMOLGA ATTACK RAWR", leaving the trainer in complete shock! & It's a flying squirrel!! Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.

vaporeon7
January 18th, 2012, 02:54 AM

Being memorable for being an unappealing (to most) and useless in battle Pokémon is not a good thing. And I suppose if you're gonna compare eyes then:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/226.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/439.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/108.png
And I'm sure there would be more of everything you said, but I can't be bothered looking.
And being cute is a legitimate reason for voting for Emolga, also a hatred of Stunfisk is also a reason. After all it is which one we prefer, not everyone may love Emolga, but they like it better than Stunfisk.

Oryx
January 18th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Oh please. Every generation is going to have its """""""""""""clone""""""""""""". In fact I'm getting so annoyed when people say that about Pokémon! For crying out loud, they're sprites. People try so hard to be original but there's only so far you can get. At least they're not all blue and white and red and black and yellow combined. There's only so much in the world you can create before people are just going to advance from that, and that's what's going to happen with Pokémon too. Deal with it???

Besides Emolga may be cute WHICH IS A GOOD THING, and very useful in-game. So it's like a "oh look at me I'm cute how can you ever attack such an adorable Pokémon like me?? :3c "EMOLGA ATTACK RAWR", leaving the trainer in complete shock! & It's a flying squirrel!! Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.

Whoa. Deep breaths there. It's a Pokemon, not life or death.

I ask for more out of my Pokemon than for them to not be the same color. There are plenty of things they could have done to make Emolga not a clone (taken off the round cheeks, changed its typing, made it larger, etc), but they chose each thing specifically to appeal to people who liked Pikachu. It's not like all those things came together on accident, they were all intentional to imitate the line of electric rodents.

"Stunfisk is a meme" doesn't answer my question of how. A meme is a joke that propagates itself virally across the internet - outside of Pokemon circles, I've never heard Stunfisk referred to, and the Pokemon in itself is not a meme. It's just derpy.

Being memorable for being an unappealing (to most) and useless in battle Pokémon is not a good thing. And I suppose if you're gonna compare eyes then:
http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/226.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/439.pnghttp://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/108.png
And I'm sure there would be more of everything you said, but I can't be bothered looking.

Yes, if you compare eyes alone. How many also have every single other trait that I've mentioned? Only Pikachu and its clones.

And being cute is a legitimate reason for voting for Emolga, also a hatred of Stunfisk is also a reason. After all it is which one we prefer, not everyone may love Emolga, but they like it better than Stunfisk.

Yes, it is which one you prefer. But just saying "I prefer this" makes it boring and ends debate.

Whatever, this can just go back to a poll. No fun to debate anymore.

vaporeon7
January 18th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Yes, if you compare eyes alone. How many also have every single other trait that I've mentioned? Only Pikachu and its clones.

Pokémon B/W was filled with "clones". Bouffalant and Tauros, Woobat and Zubat, Maractus and Cacturne, and the list goes on. And some people (even though I don't necessarily agree) think of Stunfisk as Dunsparce's "clone".

Gonzo
January 18th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Stunfisk is definitely my favourite 5th Gen pokemon. Because of it's pathetic look and his whole derpiness. It's sooo pathetic, it reached "too pathetic not to be liked" level thousands times XD.
And I simply adore when it smiles 8D

Yoshikkko
January 18th, 2012, 08:03 AM
[...]Also Stunfisk is most definitely a meme.
Well, not exactly. It's become kinddd of a PC meme (if you even wanna call it a meme), but outside of that it isn't, aka not a meme.

Kaori
January 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Whoa. Deep breaths there. It's a Pokemon, not life or death.

I ask for more out of my Pokemon than for them to not be the same color. There are plenty of things they could have done to make Emolga not a clone (taken off the round cheeks, changed its typing, made it larger, etc), but they chose each thing specifically to appeal to people who liked Pikachu. It's not like all those things came together on accident, they were all intentional to imitate the line of electric rodents.

"Stunfisk is a meme" doesn't answer my question of how. A meme is a joke that propagates itself virally across the internet - outside of Pokemon circles, I've never heard Stunfisk referred to, and the Pokemon in itself is not a meme. It's just derpy.

Yes, it is which one you prefer. But just saying "I prefer this" makes it boring and ends debate.

Whatever, this can just go back to a poll. No fun to debate anymore.
Bold: Hypocrite much?

Anyway, Google Stunfisk and tell me you don't find multiple memes on it. ;)

Why would they make a flying squirrel bigger? It's a flying squirrel.

Italics: Do your research chica. There are a lot of Pokémon that have very very similar traits and considered """clones""". Jumping to "only Pikachu and its clones" is pretty far. :\

Underline: I'll be the judge of that. And Nica too. We want debates going through the weekly polls, you won't be one to change that. MMK? :3c

Also guys! Elesa has two Emolga on her team, that must mean something right? ♥

Cassino
January 18th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Emolga's typing is nice, and so is Electro Ball which I lament that Jolteon cannot learn.
I'd have to go with Stunfisk, though. A woefully underestimated monster, much like Dunsparce, which actually has better stats than one would think (plus STAB Earthquake). Set up Trick Room and switch into it — enough said.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
January 20th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Yes, the first time I saw stunkfish I was like holy c&@p and spammed the run button. Ground/Electric is a cool combo, shame it's on stunkfish

WishCookie
January 20th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Emolga for sure, its just too annoying

Mentalii
January 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM
Emolga... Another Pikaclone, that really looks like Pachirisu. It's difficult to beat, and has nothing special. But it's cute, reaaaally cute, and my sensitive little heart can't resist to its adorable little head :pink_love: Although it annoys me, I choose it.

Stunfisk... The carpet Pokémon. THE ugliest Pokémon. And you want me to vote for that thing? Moreover it's weak, and uninteresting. The only good point I can attribute to it, is its unique double-type. That's all.

Arago
January 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Emolga reminds me too much of Pachirisu, whom I despise as a Pokémon, and because Emolga reminds me too much of Pachirisu, in turn, I despite Emolga as well. I don't find it cute. I choose Stunfish.

Forever
January 22nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Nooo, Emolga has basically won. :( PC you have disappointed me! Making next weekly poll early because I'm enthusiastic. Unstickying, CONTINUE TO DISCUSS PLEASE!!