PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] V-Create Rayquaza

vaporeon7
January 20th, 2012, 04:55 AM
From Serebii
Late last year, a promotion ran to discuss the Pokémon to be given in Japan during February. This promotion was to give a Pokémon that used to cover a version of the Pokémon games. When the voting ended on December 25th, Rayquaza was found to have won. Today, the official site revealed the details of this event. This Rayquaza is Level 100 and has its usual ability of Air Lock. However, the moves it has is are more unique. It has the moves Extremespeed, Hyper Beam and Dragon Pulse, but more shockingly, it has Victini's special move; V-Create. The giveaway will be in store from February 10th to February 27th. We'll provide more details as it comes. The Event Database has been updated with details of this event.

Or if that was a tl;dr, I'll sum it up in a sentence. There will be an event next month in Japan with a Rayquaza that knows V-Create.

http://www.serebii.net/rayquazaevent.png

What do you think about this event Pokémon? Do you think V-Create is a suitable move for Rayquaza? Do you think there is any possibility of non-Japanese countries getting a similar Rayquaza?

Please discuss and debate and don't discuss in dot points.

Crimson5M
January 20th, 2012, 05:25 AM
This is interesting. Shame it probably won't become international. I mean I still want my Ash's Scraggy >_>

EDIT: Am I the only one who has noticed there's been tons of focus on Dragon Pokémon lately?

miltankRancher
January 20th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I think we would see more Rayquaza's appearing over the metagame.

Forever
January 20th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I don't know how it can even PERFORM V-Create, like Victini makes sense but Rayquaza is a flying dragon! There is no fire aspect apart of it, how does it produce the flames?!

Either way, doubt it'll ever be in English. :( /sad
...only cause I like collecting unusual things.

Overlord Drakow
January 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Rayquaza with Dragon Dance, V-Create, Earthquake and Outrage. I'mma ballin'!

PlatinumDude
January 20th, 2012, 05:49 AM
V-Create Rayquaza? That's one heck of a deal. Physically-oriented Rayquaza now has another toy to play with. I can imagine a set like this when it's released:
-Outrage
-Earthquake/Waterfall
-ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall
-V-Create
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

I think that the US may get this Rayquaza event a few months or so after Japan.

Personally, I wouldn't use Dragon Dance (or Swords Dance) on this Rayquaza because V-Create kills Dragon Dance's Speed boosts, while Swords Dance variants will be more prone to revenge killing.

WishCookie
January 20th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Its a shame if this doesnt become international and only in Japan. I'm still waiting if there's ever going to be an event in Europe and America.

Zoroark The Illusionist
January 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
This is interesting. Shame it probably won't become international. I mean I still want my Ash's Scraggy >_>

EDIT: Am I the only one who has noticed there's been tons of focus on Dragon Pokémon lately?

If I remember correctly it's the Chinese year of the dragon and I think that's why they've been dragon related the even did those shiny dragon pokemon eggs too.

It looks interesting but since it's useless in competitive battle like all legendaries it will most likely become a trophy pokemon to most.

Dixie Kong
January 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Pretty cool event. Saves me the trouble of migrating a Rayquaza! Haha. But yeah, I just read about this, so this is a pretty cool one. I'm not super stoked, but hey, free stuff. A little unfair to Victini though. Getting robbed of one of its signature moves. :(

deoxys121
January 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM
V-Create Rayquaza.... that just doesn't sound right. Since it's Uber, I really don't see a point in getting it. And, really, what's the point of giving a Rayquaza such an incompatible move? Sorry, but this event just doesn't really make sense to me. There's no connection with Rayquaza and Victini whatsoever.

Perrie ✿
January 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
It is kinda weird that they choose Rayquaza (I would rather another mascot, like Dialga but w/e) of all Pokemon and then even weirder that they chose to give it V-Create as a special move. If anything I thought it would have it's DW ability. (does it even have one? lol)

deoxys121
January 20th, 2012, 09:58 AM
It is kinda weird that they choose Rayquaza (I would rather another mascot, like Dialga but w/e) of all Pokemon and then even weirder that they chose to give it V-Create as a special move. If anything I thought it would have it's DW ability. (does it even have one? lol)
No, Rayquaza does not have a DW ability. This makes me further ask the question "Why Rayquaza?"

Keiran
January 20th, 2012, 11:26 AM
No, Rayquaza does not have a DW ability. This makes me further ask the question "Why Rayquaza?"

Because that's what people voted for, I guess. You can see the rankings here (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonvote2011/result_final/). It's not being released through the DW anyway. At least it's getting a special move, though, unlike our useless Arceus event.

Blue
January 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I thought Arceus was ahead the whole time? Ah well, I like Rayquaza.

Keiran
January 20th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I thought Arceus was ahead the whole time? Ah well, I like Rayquaza.

Totally different event. This was for version mascots.

Nepse
January 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Rayquaza has a V on it's head, just like Victini. That's probably how it performs V-Create... I guess...

deoxys121
January 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Personally, from the candidates, I'd have preferred Charizard. 180 BP STAB on Charizard? Yes, please! At least it would kinda-sorta make sense.

Wings Don't Cry
January 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I would be perfectly happy with Rayquaza if they were gonna release this event outside of Japan. I think Rayquaza is a good choice since it's been out of the spot light for a while. Also it's a Rayquaza, why would anyone complain about getting a Rayquaza? I would however like to see international events for some Dragon Pokemon.

Hyuga D
January 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I would be perfectly happy with Rayquaza if they were gonna release this event outside of Japan. I think Rayquaza is a good choice since it's been out of the spot light for a while. Also it's a Rayquaza, why would anyone complain about getting a Rayquaza? I would however like to see international events for some Dragon Pokemon.

You're completely right.

And I've got a lot of Rayquazas... Another one for the collection.

rocky505
January 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Personally, from the candidates, I'd have preferred Charizard. 180 BP STAB on Charizard? Yes, please! At least it would kinda-sorta make sense.

Thing is we don't even know if a different winner would've had v create. Like we could've had

Shell smash blastoise
Hurricane lugia/ho-oh

miltankRancher
January 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
flavor wise, yeah. I know v-Create is totally incompatible with Rayquaza, and a little unfair to victini, using Sydian's words, being robbed off by it's signature move. But, think of the competitive changes to Ubers this event will bring. Now, peopl have to prepare themselves against a V-creating Rayquaza.

2Cool4Mewtwo
January 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
You can see the rankings here (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonvote2011/result_final/)

No V-create Pikachu? I'm disappoint.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 20th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I think they chose V-create cause it'll upset Ray's 4 x weakness to Ice...plus it has a v shaped head.
As for robbed signature move...ninetails and politoad robbed the other two weather trio member's of their signature abilities...pay back?
I hope they do this poll here in America and the rest of the world...

aquarmor
January 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
well...that pokemon one the poll and its a 3rd gen poke with a 5th gen move maybe a connection with the remake.......v-create makes sense for suck poke as it has a head with v on it but so does blaziken

Conaire
January 21st, 2012, 09:14 AM
I think it's a good thing, considering that Rayquaza has a 4x weakness to Ice, this will pull Ice Types to do their best against a V-Create, even how it lowers your Special Attack. I don't know, Wouldn't Draco Meteor be better for Rayquaza because of STAB?

Toshiro.
January 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
I hope this comes to areas outside of Japan. I'd love to get my hands on a Rayquaza like this.

Cassino
January 21st, 2012, 11:16 AM
Given the V-shape of horns adorning its head and the wide variety of fire-electric-water moves Dragons are typically allowed to learn, it makes perfect sense to me.

I think it's a good thing, considering that Rayquaza has a 4x weakness to Ice, this will pull Ice Types to do their best against a V-Create, even how it lowers your Special Attack.
All it takes is one Ice Shard, which will go before V-Create... but not ExtremeSpeed.

I don't know, Wouldn't Draco Meteor be better for Rayquaza because of STAB?
V-Create would help it with Steel-types which resist Dragon attacks. You could have both moves, really.

Keiran
January 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM

Charizard was probably low in the votes because Solar Power is already released, no one wants Blaze. xD

King Goodra
January 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
u____u I hate it when Pokémon are given other Pokémon's signature move. ;___;

But damn, I think that's a really cool thing because it just adds that much more power to it, in my opinion. It's also a nice way to deal with ice types!

@Nica: I was always under the impression that all dragons should be able to breath fire regardless of being fire types.

Hyrule
January 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Imagine a Choice Banded V-Create from a well-IV'd Rayquaza. Sooo nasty. I want.