PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Forever
January 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Continuing on with the new threads, what do you guys think the name and the mascot will be?

Discuss as many different points as you can to "prove" why it'll be the name and/or mascot of your choosing!

Don't discuss the potential storylines here though, because we have a whole storyline thread for that!

Eucliffe
January 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Gray/Grey and a complete Kyurem.

First off, the first two are Black and White so why not go in between? Though I guess if they wanna be creative they could always do "Chrome", but Gray/Grey would fit the color scheme better.

As for Kyurem, remember how in Platinum Giratina was given its "Original Forme"? Well, Kyurem doesn't look "fully complete" so it's likely it'll be the star of this game. Not to mention it's the only other Dragon legendary and is sort of typed like Reshiram and Zekrom; only difference is that it only has one signature move.

rocky505
January 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Obviously Grey/Gray and Kyurem. Every Gen(Except first) has had the third version mascot in the 2nd movie of that gen.

Johto: Suicune in 4ever
Hoenn: Rayquaza in Destiny Deoxys
Sinnoh: Giratina in Sky Warrior
Unova: Kyurem in Movie 15(along with Keldeo who is obviously being revealed next month)

IcyIce
January 20th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Like I have said,there are 4 possibilites that have been said,one in which I came up with.

Chrome- This is just a random color that game to my head before this thread. I don't know why it just seems to match Kyreum

YinYang- This is what B/W were ment to represent. If you ask me this would be a pretty could name to bring Black and White togeather.

Grey- The is what color is made when you mix white and black,plus Kyreum is grey. And also when I think of ice I think of grey.

Checkered- another mix between black and white,but just doesn't seem right.

Ask for mascots,most likly it will be Kyreum,but it could be Coballion kinda like Crystal had Suicune.

littlebrother
January 20th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Since one of the differences between the two versions is a high tech, futuristic region (for Black) and a low-tech, more natural region (for White), I imagine the third game, if there ever will be one, will be called Pokemon Brown, based on the ongoing development of a natural area into a city center, with more emphasis on suburban areas and other areas under construction. And the mascot of the game would be a Ground/Dragon form of Kyurem or a Volcarona.

Axiom
January 21st, 2012, 12:27 AM
Since one of the differences between the two versions is a high tech, futuristic region (for Black) and a low-tech, more natural region (for White), I imagine the third game, if there ever will be one, will be called Pokemon Brown, based on the ongoing development of a natural area into a city center, with more emphasis on suburban areas and other areas under construction. And the mascot of the game would be a Ground/Dragon form of Kyurem or a Volcarona.

I hadn't thought about that but you make a very good point. However, I still think it would be called Gray, because the legendaries are all about yin and yang and Kyurem represents Wuji, whihc is an absence of the two (don't quote me on that, though) and as it's painfully obvious it's the third member of the trio, it would only make sense to have a Kyurem, which is cool... It's about time we had an Ice mascot.

Amu
January 21st, 2012, 12:46 AM
Though Grey/Gray seems likely, I doubt they're going to use it. Before Platinum was revealed, everyone speculated that the third game will be called Pokemon Opal. I think the third game of B/W is going to be Chrome

wombateiro
January 21st, 2012, 01:22 AM
Though Grey/Gray seems likely, I doubt they're going to use it. Before Platinum was revealed, everyone speculated that the third game will be called Pokemon Opal. I think the third game of B/W is going to be Chrome

Platinum's name was difficult to predict because there was a lot of minerals for a good name. Also 4 gen games' names didn't have obvious color pattern.
Grey is a good name because 5 gen names returned to basic colors just like gen 1.
I think Kyurem's name is related to "gure" (it means "grey" in Japanese). (K(y)ure-m).
"Shiro" means "white" (Re-shira-m). "Kuro" means "black" (Ze-k(u)ro-m).

PlatinumDude
January 21st, 2012, 06:47 AM
As everyone else said, the third version may be named "Gray/Grey" and have Kyurem as its mascot (an alt. form, perhaps?). Considering that the third members of past legendary trios (Rayquaza and Giratina) were mascots for their third versions, Kyurem may as well be one too.

ZeroHeart
January 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
It's gotta be Gray/Grey version, right? It fits so well, plus Kyurem is definitely related to Reshiram and Zekrom in some way. And the guy is gray colored.....

littlebrother
January 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM
I hadn't thought about that but you make a very good point. However, I still think it would be called Gray, because the legendaries are all about yin and yang and Kyurem represents Wuji, whihc is an absence of the two (don't quote me on that, though) and as it's painfully obvious it's the third member of the trio, it would only make sense to have a Kyurem, which is cool... It's about time we had an Ice mascot.
Wuji means "limitless" and also "ultimate nothingness", apparently..

I've heard people say Pokemon Prism because it's very hard to give a color/shade to something that represents both black and white, (since black is the absence of color and white includes itself and all colors) and includes all the other colors as well. I almost wish Arceus would have been withheld till this generation; it would make a perfect mascot for the third game since it represents all types.

Toshiro.
January 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
The mascot is obviously going to be Kyurem. No brainer there.

The name could possibly be Grey, but I think that may be too obvious so idk.

Abomasnowman
January 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yeah, Kyurem seems to be a given, but I hope they don't call it Gray Version. It makes sense and all, but that's such a bland name.

Noah Ridgewood
January 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
I can see why people think Kyurem is a given, because there are a lot of things to suggest it (the name, the typing, etc), but there are other possible options for how to take it. It's really anything-goes for choosing the mascot. I mean, look what they did with GSC. They could have chose Celebi, but they chose a legendary dog.

What I'm hoping (and expecting, honestly) is that they'll expand on the Plasma storyline, especially N and his relationship with his father. It's pretty extensive as it is, though, but expanding it more would be nice. I can't think of any ways how, but adding Genesect to the main story line and making it a mascot for the new version is indeed a possibility when looking at what they did with GSC! It'd be a nice twist to what we all expect, and add something interesting to the new game.

I'd also like if they chose Meloetta. That would be an interesting choice, albeit random. But maybe that's just because I'm a little bias towards it because I like it's design.

The name of the game will be determined by what they choose as the mascot, in my belief.

wombateiro
January 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
I can see why people think Kyurem is a given, because there are a lot of things to suggest it (the name, the typing, etc), but there are other possible options for how to take it. It's really anything-goes for choosing the mascot. I mean, look what they did with GSC. They could have chose Celebi, but they chose a legendary dog.

The reason why Suicune was chosen is because Lugia and Ho-oh don't have third Pokemon related to them. Celebi was out of option because it was an event Pokemon. Event Pokemon never have been mascots and most likely any of them won't be in upcoming third game.

It looks like third member of the trio as the third game mascot became standard since R/S/E. And this time everything looks like third member will be mascot as well.

Noah Ridgewood
January 22nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
The reason why Suicune was chosen is because Lugia and Ho-oh don't have third Pokemon related to them. Celebi was out of option because it was an event Pokemon. Event Pokemon never have been mascots and most likely any of them won't be in upcoming third game.
Just wondering, since that could be a very legitimate reason, but is there any source to that, or is that just your own observation based on their choices thus far?

wombateiro
January 22nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just wondering, since that could be a very legitimate reason, but is there any source to that, or is that just your own observation based on their choices thus far?

My own observation, it's not really that hard to notice things like this.

Noah Ridgewood
January 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM
Could also be mere coincidences, so it's easy to overlook them and not give them much thought.

HyperXhydra
January 22nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
Pokemon Grey or Chrome, the mascot is Kyurem obviously.

seeker
January 22nd, 2012, 12:34 PM
I do not think we're in for a shock here. For all games previous in which have had a corresponding third legendary (except for GSC which lacked one), it has been the mascot for the third game. Emerald had Rayquaza and Platinum had Giratina, the names were also pretty close to the cuff. So I imagine chrome would be out of the question, not to mention it has that marketing factor to avoid since Chrome has become a well known household browser recently enough and the operating system being released. I would imagine GAMEFREAK will be keeping with the idea of Grey, or something close to it. The only issue I see with that title is the spelling differences in the US. Therefore, Grey & Kyurem seems to be pretty obvious. I'd be surprised if they were to go elsewhere with it. However, I am sure it will be the additional features and changes which will be the big difference.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
January 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
The third game will be Grey or chrome (but the legal issue posted above makes this less likely...) with an alternate forme Kyurem in the center.

bobandbill
January 22nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Re the Silver mascot thing, I'm inclined to think it's not so much coincidence. Crystal has been the exception thus far which doesn't mean that much (patterns get broken, only two other 'third games' as well), but I feel it's quite possible that Crystal hadn't been originally planned when GS were made too (and there is the claim that GS were intended as the final games as well which fits that). I'll also agree with the event-Pokemon-not-being-it thoughts. They're basically event Pokemon to be given in wifi events or link in with shop promotions (toys r us, eb games/gamestop, etc), the latter which nets them free advertising for their games, as well as give customers small things every so often to keep them interested in the games after they bought them. It's be weird for them to remove one of those now for the third version.

So hence I'm going with Kyurem being the near-certain mascot for a third game if it happens, personally.

I'll also note that iirc there is data for Kyurem to know extra moves that it cannot currently learn in BW in Freeze Shock (http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/freezeshock.shtml) and Ice Burn (http://serebii.net/attackdex-bw/iceburn.shtml) (notice the names and effects and think about Zekrom and Reshiram's typing). In fact, those two moves are currently not learn-able by anything. New moves cannot be easily added to games within the same generation because that can cause compatibility issues (for trading/battles, and why for instance TMs remained the same between 3rd and 4th gen games... and although they changed in 5th gen, guess what's not transferable between 4th gen and 5th gen? That's right, any items including TMs). Interesting data for BW to already have in place then, no?

As for the name of the game if it happens? Not placing my bet on anything. Why? I need to look no further than the fanname for Platinum (in Opal) being so strongly believed in that when the name Platinum was revealed a lot of people firmly believed it must be fake. So much for that!

scprepschool
January 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Okay so I was doing a run through of charge stone cave on my most recet restart of white and I noticed a likely hint to the 3rd game.
Before battling N he sais something like : a mixture of all these different ideals turn the world gray!
.. Thats impossible. My goal is to seperate people from pokemon.... Into a world of black and white

Now thats not a direct qoute but its real close

Now he mentions black and white in reference to a world ( titles )
& he mentions gray in reference to a world... Hmmm
Plus the latest anime episode pics on serebii show charge stone as place where zekrom dwelled long ago

Rivin
January 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM
The mascot is obviously going to be Kyurem. No brainer there.

The name could possibly be Grey, but I think that may be too obvious so idk.
Agreed. I am certain it will be Kyurem, but the color name i'm not so sure of.

The obvious choice would be Grey/Gray, and I've no problem with that, but it there are alternative possibilities like Slate (my favorite choice!), Charcoal, Iron, Timberwolf, Glaucous, Sere, Taupe, Puce, Cenereous, etc...

(I personally think if they go for the less obvious shades of gray, they will use one of the more easily pronounced/kid-friendly choices [ie. Slate/Charcoal/Timberwolf])

My bet would be for either Gray/Grey; Slate; or Charcoal.

wombateiro
January 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Before battling N he sais something like : a mixture of all these different ideals turn the world gray!
.. Thats impossible. My goal is to seperate people from pokemon.... Into a world of black and white

Now thats not a direct qoute but its real close

Now he mentions black and white in reference to a world ( titles )
& he mentions gray in reference to a world...

Before that he says this: "Cheren is pursuing the ideal of strength. Poor Bianca has faced the sad truth that not everyone can become stronger. And you are not swayed either way-more of a neutral presence.Which is apparently a good thing."

Ideal and truth may be references to Zekrom and Reshiram. Also Cheren's and Bianca's names translated to English mean Black and White.
Neutral presence may be reference to Kyurem and the color of gray because they are perfect balance between colors of black and white.

HyperXhydra
January 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
You know I thought about it a little and I think the name could be any thing.
Like some believe it's going to be Crimson, maybe Kyurem will turn into a Crimson dragon as a new form.
If I can find one hint about it:
The Pokemon league entrance in Platinum has the color black, white and ...Crimson.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/Pt_league.png
Again it could be anything like I said before.

January 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
They also copy righted Crimson along with Black, White, and Grey... but Crimsom would go much better as part of ruby's remake if they don't chose magma...
Crimson would also parallel Kyurem's blue like White does to Zek and Black does for Resh.
Interestingly I think I read on bulbapedia that Cynthia's jp name means white. She also wears Black...BW while Cyrus can mean red, or crimson...this is proably a coincidence.

wombateiro
January 31st, 2012, 07:50 AM
They also copyrighted pokemonbrown.com, so it looks like they have some domains which they would probably never use, including Crimson.

Cyrus' Japanese name could be reference to Red Chain.

Speaking of that Platinum's interior, there are also green lights flashing on the floor:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/league.jpg?t=1328041366
Maybe those red, blue and green colors are references to R/S remakes based on Emerald's features? They could be because gold and silver floor on the left (and in every Pokemon Center) were imo hints to G/S remakes.

Cynthia's room is colored in black, white and gray.
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/cynthia.png

About Cynthia's English name from Bulbapedia: "Possibly chosen due to similarity to "synthesis", or combining different pieces into one entity, which is a reference to the fact she combines several types in her arsenal."

Maybe that "combining into one entity" is also about combining black and white into gray?

chaos11011
January 31st, 2012, 10:08 AM
From Gray Speculation Thread on another Forum:

personally think, the Gray Mascot could possibly be Cobalion, as it could give as a "Fresh Start" that Gen V loves to do, as predictable Mascots are getting annoying. For this idea, Milstration Cave is unable to acess until the End of the Main Game though, by talking to the man outside of the cave, he will give you TM Rock Slide that was previously available before the E4.

If that were to happen, N would get Reshiram and Zekrom. Before the battle Cobalion would come (as it heard about Pokemon liberating and it wanted to see for itself) and you two agree that N is way too powerhungry thus you (attempt) to capture Cobalion and then you fight N. Cobalion also has his Gray Exclusive move, Recover.

Afterwards, Ghetsis will laugh (instead of Scolding N) as this was his plan along. The tention of the Yin Yang Pokemon caused his God Stone to activate, thus summoning Kyurem (God Forme) then you battle him.

After the credits, you can get Terrakion and Virizion (with the new Gray Exclusive move Extremespeed/Aura Sphere respectivally. By bringing the 3 of the Musketeer Pokemon to the statue of the Elite Four (the one that glows when you beat the 4) and talk to it, the statue will rise instead of dropping down to Alder. You will find many pictures of the Trio and then you will se a big portreit of Keldeo. Alder will come and will tell you about the story of the 4 Pokemon and then tells you that Keldeo lies in Hoenn Seas. He gives you *insert name of Ticket here* that will bring you to Pacifiglog town. Then, by Diving, you can see Keldeo's aquatic lair and fight him (He has Gray Exclusive move Energy Ball)

You can also go to the Dragonspiral Tower to fight Reshiram (Gray Exlusive Move: Nasty Plot) and go to Milstration Cave, Cobalion's old location, to fight Zekrom (Gray Exclusive Move: Swords Dance).

Then, at Hoenn, after catching the 2/3rds of the Tao Trio, you can go talk to N, who is in Pacifiglog Town thinking about his life. He will then battle you one final time, he then tells you that Pokemon are amazing Pokemon. He hints that he will stay in Hoenn (Replacing Wally for RS Remake :3) and he tells you that Kyurem is in the Plasma Base. He gives you the God Stone aswell.

You go to the Plasma Base in Castelia City and talk to the Elevator. Instead of bringing you up, it goes down. It leads into a Frozen Cidadel and the God Stone flashes, summoning Kyurem.

HyperXhydra
January 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
How many times do we have to say Kyurem is the mascot of the 3rd game? it's obvious and there's many reasons that I don't to mention them all!

chaos11011
January 31st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's true. Remember when Black and White were being speculated? Everyone thought Boffulant and Alomola were evolutions for Tauros and Luvidisc? Wasn't it obvious that they were going to be the evolutions, yet they end up being non-related?

Just because it's "obvious" that Kyurem will be the mascot, doesn't mean I can't speculate of another idea. Who knows, maybe even Melloeta could be the Mascot.

HyperXhydra
January 31st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's true. Remember when Black and White were being speculated? Everyone thought Boffulant and Alomola were evolutions for Tauros and Luvidisc? Wasn't it obvious that they were going to be the evolutions, yet they end up being non-related?

Just because it's "obvious" that Kyurem will be the mascot, doesn't mean I can't speculate of another idea. Who knows, maybe even Melloeta could be the Mascot.

Back before Platinum everyone knew Giratina will be the mascot of Platinum some people thought it will be Cresselia , well i guess we'll see...

wombateiro
February 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM

People thought that because they didn't know all 5 gen's Pokemon will be non-related to previous gens' Pokemon. Nobody expected that.
But in case with Gray's mascot it's almost "speaking for itself" that it will be Kyurem. Probably it will be confirmed in March, when final poster of movie 15 is likely to be revealed and probably will contain new Kyurem's form. It can be revealed even in this month Corocoro.

Keiran
February 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
Personally, I would like to see Genesect as the mascot of Pokemon Crimson. With a plot more involved with Ghetsis/Team Plasmas true actions and not the duplicitous guise they preach with to the people- with the battle of N and hero be between Genesect and a "plasma-reborn" Kyurem. A failed experiment vs. their "ultimate creation".

And for you conspiracy-people, Genesects eyes are crimson. It's x4 weak to crimson flames. It's shiny color is also crimson. With how White/Black is opposite to Zekrom/Reshiram, respectively, it would make sense for something completely destroyed by fire be the mascot of "Pokemon Crimson".

Though, it would be weird referring to Gen V as "Pokemon WBC" as that sounds like "Pokemon Westboro Baptist Church".

wombateiro
February 1st, 2012, 04:11 AM
Personally, I would like to see Genesect as the mascot of Pokemon Crimson. With a plot more involved with Ghetsis/Team Plasmas true actions and not the duplicitous guise they preach with to the people- with the battle of N and hero be between Genesect and a "plasma-reborn" Kyurem. A failed experiment vs. their "ultimate creation".

And for you conspiracy-people, Genesects eyes are crimson. It's x4 weak to crimson flames. It's shiny color is also crimson. With how White/Black is opposite to Zekrom/Reshiram, respectively, it would make sense for something completely destroyed by fire be the mascot of "Pokemon Crimson".
Genesect is an event Pokemon, it rather can't be mascot, becuase all event Pokemon are "extra" ones, without role in main storyline. More of that I think third version won't be about color oppositions like B/W was. It will be about mixing black and white into one color. It's something like Team Magma and Aqua were oppositions in R/S and in Emerald they were mixed in one game.

Though, it would be weird referring to Gen V as "Pokemon WBC" as that sounds like "Pokemon Westboro Baptist Church".
Lol, we can think of a lot of things staying for those letters, for example BWC would stand for Broken Water Closet, lol.

Blue
February 1st, 2012, 04:35 AM
If not Kyurem & Gray then Landorus & Crimson.

pryce10
February 1st, 2012, 04:40 AM

... I consider Genesect to be same place as Arceus and Doxies. They were last pokemon of their respective national dex at the time. Plues Arceus and doxies never became masctot so why now?

chaos11011
February 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Ok, maybe I should've worded this better.

I know Kyurem will be the Gr@y mascot, but until the game is released or it is actually shown that he is the mascot (and not little Easter Eggs you find in the previous games), I have every right to imagine or speculate that Cobalion will be the Gr@y mascot.

I know it will never come true but isn't this the thread to talk about stuff that I want to come true really? I mean, isn't that speculation?

Keiran
February 1st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Genesect is an event Pokemon,

That's just an assumption, it's not really known. Also, Game Greak has been knowingly, on purpose, breaking many patterns this generation. You can't really dismiss anything for the reason "well, in past generations so and so and so" anymore.

wombateiro
February 1st, 2012, 08:17 AM
That's just an assumption, it's not really known. Also, Game Greak has been knowingly, on purpose, breaking many patterns this generation. You can't really dismiss anything for the reason "well, in past generations so and so and so" anymore.

It's officially event Pokemon. There is Genesect's event hidden in B/W coding. Probably it will be copied and used in third version.
Sure, 5 gen broke some patterns, but marketing is always the same. Event Pokemon are always left for promotion of another games or movies to get people more interested in them. Genesect is one of those.

chaos11011
February 1st, 2012, 08:20 AM
If this thread is soley going to be about Gr@y and Kyurem why don't we name this thread to Grey/Gray & Kyurem Speculation? I mean, any other ideas are getting bashed anyways. Why don't we avoid that confusion and change the title.

For the sake of all of us

HyperXhydra
February 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
They've never done an event Pokemon as a mascot of a game, also Mewtow was created by team Rocket
and It didn't have a plot to the main storyline of R/B/Y.

The god stone will change Kyurem's form, the15th movie plot tells that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side.
I think the ice dragon gate will make an appearance like the Distortion World.

wombateiro
February 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
They've never done an event Pokemon as a mascot of a game, also Mewtow was created by team Rocket

Well, there was some information about Mewtwo in R/B/Y and FR/LG main storyline but it didn't appeared itself at any point of main plot.
Genesect even if wouldn't be event Pokemon, it's still not very important for main storyline because Plasma's scientist said N wasn't interested in such "unnatural" Pokemon.

Xander Olivieri
February 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM

The god stone will change Kyurem's form, the15th movie plot tells that Kyurem and the Swordsmen; battled in the mine in the mountain in the past, which created an Ice Dragon Gate in the process of battle so they could battle on the other side.
I think the ice dragon gate will make an appearance like the Distortion World.

No....it doesn't. God Stone is just an image that was left over from beta testing as far as we know. The original Concept for both the Light and Dark stones. THAT is the ONLY proof the games have. There IS no canon relation of the God Stone and Kyurem NOR is there Canon Proof relating Kyurem to Zekrom or Reshiram.

Kyurem's Movie is him vs the Musketeer Trio. There was something said that they had fought once before, but that may have been fan translation mixed in. As for the Secret that is sealed in Kyurem's Ice. Its Keldeo. Why else would the Musketeer Attack Kyurem?

Not until Giratina's Movie did anyone have solid belief that Platinum would have Giratina as its Mascot. Giratina, IN ITS MOVIE, was shown to be related to BOTH Palkia and Dialga. So do not state your personal opinions as a fact.

Colbion has an actual background story that can be exploited. A Better Background story imo than Kyurem who at this point is just a Dragon Version of Deoxys in how it came to be where it is. There is a lot that can be done with Colbion, treating it like Suicune and the Legendary Beasts, having it repeatedly run into N or the Protagonist at various points. Including the Moor of Icarus where the great fire that cause the musketeer Trio to start hating Humans.

Colbion, Virizion, and Terrakion share more personality traits with N than any of the other Legends, and N would most likely be able to relate himself better than with a beast who only wants to kill and feed.

Who the third Mascot will be is still any Pokemon's Game. Don't state Opinion as fact. Kyurem has not been proven for anything and the movie coming out is only HALF his. The Other half belongs to the Musketeer Trio.

Also, I'll bring up that there were members here that supported that Youtube video that "Proved" Samurott, Pignite, Emboar, and Serperior were "Fake" as well as various members that were 100% positive that there would be a "Light" type added into Gen 5. Both were proven wrong. Do not accept personal opinion as a fact without proof.

Kyurem "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
Colbion "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
Volcarona "CAN" be "Crimson"'s Mascot
Landorus "CAN" be "Crimson/Brown"'s Mascot.

That is speculating.

HyperXhydra
February 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
No....it doesn't. God Stone is just an image that was left over from beta testing as far as we know. The original Concept for both the Light and Dark stones. THAT is the ONLY proof the games have. There IS no canon relation of the God Stone and Kyurem NOR is there Canon Proof relating Kyurem to Zekrom or Reshiram.

Kyurem's Movie is him vs the Musketeer Trio. There was something said that they had fought once before, but that may have been fan translation mixed in. As for the Secret that is sealed in Kyurem's Ice. Its Keldeo. Why else would the Musketeer Attack Kyurem?

Not until Giratina's Movie did anyone have solid belief that Platinum would have Giratina as its Mascot. Giratina, IN ITS MOVIE, was shown to be related to BOTH Palkia and Dialga. So do not state your personal opinions as a fact.

Colbion has an actual background story that can be exploited. A Better Background story imo than Kyurem who at this point is just a Dragon Version of Deoxys in how it came to be where it is. There is a lot that can be done with Colbion, treating it like Suicune and the Legendary Beasts, having it repeatedly run into N or the Protagonist at various points. Including the Moor of Icarus where the great fire that cause the musketeer Trio to start hating Humans.

Colbion, Virizion, and Terrakion share more personality traits with N than any of the other Legends, and N would most likely be able to relate himself better than with a beast who only wants to kill and feed.

Who the third Mascot will be is still any Pokemon's Game. Don't state Opinion as fact. Kyurem has not been proven for anything and the movie coming out is only HALF his. The Other half belongs to the Musketeer Trio.

Also, I'll bring up that there were members here that supported that Youtube video that "Proved" Samurott, Pignite, Emboar, and Serperior were "Fake" as well as various members that were 100% positive that there would be a "Light" type added into Gen 5. Both were proven wrong. Do not accept personal opinion as a fact without proof.

Kyurem "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
Colbion "CAN" be "Grey"'s Mascot.
Volcarona "CAN" be "Crimson"'s Mascot
Landorus "CAN" be "Crimson/Brown"'s Mascot.

That is speculating.
Okay, I know I'm just speculating lol, I didn't say it's going to happen , I just said the possible things that IMO will occur.

Xander Olivieri
February 1st, 2012, 01:36 PM
How many times do we have to say Kyurem is the mascot of the 3rd game? it's obvious and there's many reasons that I don't to mention them all!

Okay, I know I'm just speculating lol, I didn't say it's going to happen , I just said the most possible things that IMO will happen.

No you stated it as a fact. You said "we" as in more than one person. As I said, this "we" as a fact in a pure speculation thread has had horrible outcomes for the ones stating the fact.

There is no proof to any of the claims in the speculations so none of it is a fact. Any Pokemon CAN be the Mascot, they don't even have to go with Legendary.

Gamefreak tends to troll its fans too, It could very well be something like Volt Yellow or something with Emolga as the Mascot. As unorthodox as it sounds, it is still very well possible.

By the End of February we should start hearing more on possibilities if they intend to release this year. Course first thing we are likely to hear would be Remakes over the third version as they'd have to post information relatively soon if they intend to keep the 10 Year thing.

HyperXhydra
February 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
No you stated it as a fact. You said "we" as in more than one person. As I said, this "we" as a fact in a pure speculation thread has had horrible outcomes for the ones stating the fact.

There is no proof to any of the claims in the speculations so none of it is a fact. Any Pokemon CAN be the Mascot, they don't even have to go with Legendary.

Gamefreak tends to troll its fans too, It could very well be something like Volt Yellow or something with Emolga as the Mascot. As unorthodox as it sounds, it is still very well possible.

By the End of February we should start hearing more on possibilities if they intend to release this year. Course first thing we are likely to hear would be Remakes over the third version as they'd have to post information relatively soon if they intend to keep the 10 Year thing.

If they reveal a new Kyurem form then It's highly possible that Kyurem will be the mascot.

I would like if R/S remakes would be announced before the 3rd game, it's just that
it won't have many features as the 3rd version would, I don't think GF would make a Pokemon game that it's worse than the before.

Alpha King
February 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
I actually hope that the Pokemon company does something different and puts a different Pokemon as mascot. Maybe like for Crystal? I'm thinking that Cobalion could be a cool mascot and could present the musketeers formally. The name should be interesting, although I have no idea what it should be.

wombateiro
February 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM

Imo Kyurem has more potential for the storyline. It's the same like Rayquaza and Giratina. We knew that they exist but not much more until their roles were extended in their third versions. I think Cobalion has no individual personality needed for being the mascot. I guess it will be always part of Musketeers group, never independent from other Musketeers. That's not the way mascots behave. Also I think Suicune was mascot only because there wasn't third Pokemon related to Lugia and Ho-oh.

chaos11011
February 1st, 2012, 03:24 PM
That is why on the speculation post I posted above includes both Cobalion plot and Kyurem plot (in the form of Team Plasma), thus having both sides of "potential mascots"

Also, thank you XanderO, for saying what I couldn't say.

Xander Olivieri
February 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
Imo Kyurem has more potential for the storyline. It's the same like Rayquaza and Giratina. We knew that they exist but not much more until their roles were extended in their third versions. I think Cobalion has no individual personality needed for being the mascot. I guess it will be always part of Musketeers group, never independent from other Musketeers. That's not the way mascots behave. Also I think Suicune was mascot only because there wasn't third Pokemon related to Lugia and Ho-oh.

That, while opinionated, isn't true. Kyurem has little to no story. You only find out about it after you get to Lancous town. All you hear is a story about how it fell from space in a meteor and that it catches people and Pokemon at night to eat.

Colbion, along with Virizion and Terrakion, were somehow involved in one of the fights between the two brothers. Their home had burned down due to the fight and they waged war against humans after saving the Pokemon they could from the burning Moor. Then they went into hiding when the war ended. There is also a programmed event when you bring Keldeo with the Musketeer to teach/learn Secret Sword.

Giratina, granted had no story or history pre-Platinum involvment. Rayquaza on the other hand was introduced as the superior Pokemon to his group with a story of how it was used to quell their fighting.

While Suicune is a bit harder to defend, it was a fan favorite as well as a company favorite. They liked it so much that they made a new game that revolved around it. It didn't have much to do with the fact that there was no third to the group as Suicune IS associated with Ho-oh.

Now Before the legends, the box art was from Starters. Four for the First Generation, other than them being Starters there is no other association. Now there is a non-Legendary Pokemon that can also steal the spotlight this time. Volcarona has some mystery around it as one of the Seven Sages was activly searching for it JUST for Lord N's use because of its Power or what ever untold story exists.

Unlike R/S/E, Giratina was not canonly associated until its movie, so this was the first one that required the Anime to associate the Legends.

I am eagerly awaiting the movie to air so we can see what they plan with Kyurem or the Musketeer Pokemon. I already predict that Kyurem has Keldeo trapped in its ice and the Musketeer Trio are trying to save it. Until more images come out there literally isn't much that can be inferred without any more info, course direct info would kill the plot.

scprepschool
February 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
I have an inside source that jusr leaked some breaking news to me.
The 3rd game is going to be called Pokemon Gray Version.
The mascot of the game is going to be Shuckle.

Forever
February 1st, 2012, 06:54 PM
I have an inside source that jusr leaked some breaking news to me.
The 3rd game is going to be called Pokemon Gray Version.
The mascot of the game is going to be Shuckle.

lol yeah because Shuckle is totally relevant to generation 5.

If this thread is soley going to be about Gr@y and Kyurem why don't we name this thread to Grey/Gray & Kyurem Speculation? I mean, any other ideas are getting bashed anyways. Why don't we avoid that confusion and change the title.

For the sake of all of us

Then... there's nothing to discuss. :x Since we actually do have a third game storyline speculation thread, that'd make this kinda useless because nothing to speculate. And it's not really bashing, it's just disagreeing with facts. :x If any flaming on the other hand occurs, then I'll put a stop to it, but otherwise we're fine as we are. If you really think something, then argue why!

wombateiro
February 2nd, 2012, 04:18 AM
That, while opinionated, isn't true. Kyurem has little to no story. You only find out about it after you get to Lancous town. All you hear is a story about how it fell from space in a meteor and that it catches people and Pokemon at night to eat.

Colbion, along with Virizion and Terrakion, were somehow involved in one of the fights between the two brothers. Their home had burned down due to the fight and they waged war against humans after saving the Pokemon they could from the burning Moor. Then they went into hiding when the war ended. There is also a programmed event when you bring Keldeo with the Musketeer to teach/learn Secret Sword.

But all that about Musketeers happened in past. Imo it doesn't have much to do with present day storyline. Also remember that Game Freak is acting like we don't know about that Keldeo event. So I guess this event is supposed to be the only "surprise" about Musketeers, not much more.

Kyurem, unlike Musketeers, has some mysteries that need to be revealed in present day storyline. Those mysteries are for example it's connection with Zekrom and Reshiram. I guess Team Plasma's goal will be to produce plasma energy from Zekrom's lighting and Reshiram's fire (that's why they are called Team Plasma) and relive "zombie" Kyurem.
Imo it makes much more sense for Kyurem to be a mascot, than any other Pokemon. The whole yin,yang, wuji and probably taiji concept about those three dragons seems so likely to be made up for two paired games (B/W) and the third game (probably Gray).

Xander Olivieri
February 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
But all that about Musketeers happened in past. Imo it doesn't have much to do with present day storyline. Also remember that Game Freak is acting like we don't know about that Keldeo event. So I guess this event is supposed to be the only "surprise" about Musketeers, not much more.

Kyurem, unlike Musketeers, has some mysteries that need to be revealed in present day storyline. Those mysteries are for example it's connection with Zekrom and Reshiram. I guess Team Plasma's goal will be to produce plasma energy from Zekrom's lighting and Reshiram's fire (that's why they are called Team Plasma) and relive "zombie" Kyurem.
Imo it makes much more sense for Kyurem to be a mascot, than any other Pokemon. The whole yin,yang, wuji and probably taiji concept about those three dragons seems so likely to be made up for two paired games (B/W) and the third game (probably Gray).

Kyurem doesn't have any Present day mysteries either. Everything you just listed for Kyurems is Fan made. None of that is canon or has any canon proof. Kyurem is not related to Reshiram or Zekrom in any way nor does it represent Wuji. That was made up by the fans.

The actual story behind Reshiram and Zekrom also blatantly disregards the Kyurem Zombie thing. The "One" dragon "split its body EVENLY between two new forms" Only two bodies were created, the original body became two separate bodies, not created two bodies and then became an empty husk.

They follow the actual legend down to the letter, and yes it was based off of a REAL legend of two brothers that took over their father's empire. The Dragon that guarded their father split into "two" forms. Not three, two. Yin and Yang only have Yin and Yang. They create a balance between two forces.

The Wuji is a Fan made concept that has no proof Canon. While the term itself is real, yes, in the Pokemon world no. Kyurem is not the Wuji Pokemon nor does it have any Canon relation to Reshiram or Zekrom.

wombateiro
February 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Kyurem doesn't have any Present day mysteries either. Everything you just listed for Kyurems is Fan made. None of that is canon or has any canon proof. Kyurem is not related to Reshiram or Zekrom in any way nor does it represent Wuji. That was made up by the fans.

The actual story behind Reshiram and Zekrom also blatantly disregards the Kyurem Zombie thing. The "One" dragon "split its body EVENLY between two new forms" Only two bodies were created, the original body became two separate bodies, not created two bodies and then became an empty husk.

They follow the actual legend down to the letter, and yes it was based off of a REAL legend of two brothers that took over their father's empire. The Dragon that guarded their father split into "two" forms. Not three, two. Yin and Yang only have Yin and Yang. They create a balance between two forces.

The Wuji is a Fan made concept that has no proof Canon. While the term itself is real, yes, in the Pokemon world no. Kyurem is not the Wuji Pokemon nor does it have any Canon relation to Reshiram or Zekrom.

Kyurem is officially wuji Pokemon. If you don't believe it, check on Bulbapedia (they never base on fanmade rumors). After that if you still wouldn't believe it, check Kyurem's species' name from Pokedex. It's called boundary Pokemon. Empty boundary circle is symbol of wuji in real life. Wuji is also symbol of perfect harmony. I think it has some connection with N's last name - Harmonia.

The only element from Taoism that is missing in Pokemon is taiji - combination of yin and yang. I guess new Kyurem's form will represent taiji.

Xander Olivieri
February 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Yes, Bulbapedia DOES post fan supported material. Boundary can also refer to Kyurem's territorial behavior. Boundary doesn't mean its Wuji. The creators of Pokemon would have named it the Wuji Pokemon Just as Reshiram and Zekrom are the White Yin and Black Yang Pokemon.

Canon there is no proof to relation.

HyperXhydra
February 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, Bulbapedia DOES post fan supported material. Boundary can also refer to Kyurem's territorial behavior. Boundary doesn't mean its Wuji. The creators of Pokemon would have named it the Wuji Pokemon Just as Reshiram and Zekrom are the White Yin and Black Yang Pokemon.

But what makes you think that it wont be Kyurem ?
Kuyrem is the most possible mascot for the 3rd version while others are less possible, That's why most people think it's going to be the star of the 3rd game.

Xander Olivieri
February 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
But what makes you think that it wont be Kyurem ?
Kuyrem is the most possible mascot for the 3rd version while others are less possible, That's why most people think it's going to be the star of the 3rd game.

Because of his location, his lack of story, and because there are better choices.

HyperXhydra
February 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Because of his location, his lack of story, and because there are better choices.
They can make Kyurem only obtained after the elite four, or make Lacunosa town accessible
before the elite four, Also we still don't know every thing about Kyurem, like Giratina in D/P
there was a slight information about it, but in platinum, its full story and the origin form was revealed.

Xander Olivieri
February 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
They can make Kyurem only obtained after the elite four, or make Lacunosa town accessible
before the elite four, Also we still don't know every thing about Kyurem, like Giratina in D/P
there was a slight information about it, but in platinum, its full story and the origin form was revealed.

Full story came before Platinum with Giratina's movie. Which came out before Platinum. So far the movie for Kyurem seems to have more to do with the Musketeers than Kyurem. Kyurem just seems to be the main antagonist.

HyperXhydra
February 2nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Full story came before Platinum with Giratina's movie. Which came out before Platinum. So far the movie for Kyurem seems to have more to do with the Musketeers than Kyurem. Kyurem just seems to be the main antagonist.
They will probably reveal the full story of the Musketeers and Kyurem, if not Kyurem I think the R/S remakes will come this year.

Xander Olivieri
February 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
They will probably reveal the full story of the Musketeers and Kyurem, if not Kyurem I think the R/S remakes will come this year.

They'd have to release the remakes this year if they intend to follow the same pattern.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Actually in RS Rayquaza was never stated as stopping the battle between the other two...that was added later in Emerald. Also in DP Giratina had no connection to the other two besides looks...
For the past two generations the third mascot's only relation to the other two have been looks...that's what makes me think it'll be Kyurem as he looks the most like the others, plus he also happens to be captured post story in secluded areas like Ray and Gira (well Landorus is too, he's my second guess after Kyu). Also they all happen to be dragon typed, since Ray in Emerald all the mascots have been dragon...but that might just be unintenional...
Also Kyurem completes the fire-lightning-ice trio commonly found in video games.
Also Kyurem completes the theme of this gen which every third version mascot has completed
gen 1- Fire,Grass, Water (jp)
gen 2- Sun-Moon-and Star theme
gen 3- Land-Sea-Sky
gen 4- Time-space-Antimatter
gen 5- Fire-Lightning and Ice/ Yin-Yang-Wuji
Also there is no set ten anniversity pattern for remakes, Fr/Lg were remade in less than ten years after R/g release. While Hg/Ss were remade 10. For all we know Rs remakes might not come out until 2013 (in jp), the tenth ann of it's worldwide release...

wombateiro
February 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM

I checked English and Japanese species names.
They never named Reshiram's and Zekrom's species yin and yang even though they are based on yin and yang. In English they are Vast White and Deep Black. In Japanese they are White Poplar Pokemon and Stamped Pokemon. I was using translator, so those name could be not translated 100% properly, but the point is that words yin and yang weren't used.
The most interesting is Japanese Kyurem's species name. It was translated to be Association Pokemon. What could that mean? Imo it's obvious hint into Reshiram's and Zekrom's energy association in one Kyurem's form.

This is Kyurem's page translated with Google. Pokemon species is translated as "classification".

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wiki.xn--rckteqa2e.com/wiki/%25E3%2582%25AD%25E3%2583%25A5%25E3%2583%25AC%25E3%2583%25A0&ei=lLIrT-_nIo6g-wbdu9iODg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDoQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E3%2583%259D%25E3%2582%25B1%25E3%2583%25A2%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2581%259A%25E3%2581%258B%25E3%2582%2593%25E3%2582%25AD%25E3%2583%25A5%25E3%2583%25AC%25E3%2583%25A0%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Dimvns

BZW Golem
February 3rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Kyurem - obvious.

But the name?
Well, I'd really want them to give a name that is NOT Grey.. Grey is way too obvious.
Transparent? Ok, that's lame xD.. but I really hope they give us something more creative than just Grey >.>

February 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Well it is plain but so are Black and White...I remember there being people who weren't so fond of 'Black and white' but now they're used to it...so whatever the title we will get used to it...
The most likely candidates in my opinon for the third version name are:
Chrome (maybe Chromium if they go for metals again)
Grey
and Crimson
If it's not Kyurem then
Grey or Colbolt for colbalian
and Brown for Landorus.

Oryx
February 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Kyurem - obvious.

But the name?
Well, I'd really want them to give a name that is NOT Grey.. Grey is way too obvious.
Transparent? Ok, that's lame xD.. but I really hope they give us something more creative than just Grey >.>

I wouldn't worry too much. I think Game Freak is kind of known for being creative with game names and subverting expectations (Pokemon Opal anyone?). I really don't think Gray is going to be the name of the third game because they've literally never gone with a combination of the two games before it. The closest they've done is Emerald, and that's just because it was a stone as well as Ruby and Sapphire, but if we're going by that logic it could be any color ever because they would match just as well.

Well it is plain but so are Black and White...I remember there being people who weren't so fond of 'Black and white' but now they're used to it...so whatever the title we will get used to it...
The most likely candidates in my opinon for the third version name are:
Chrome (maybe Chromium if they go for metals again)
Grey
and Crimson
If it's not Kyurem then
Grey or Colbolt for colbalian
and Brown for Landorus.

I like the idea of Brown for Landorus honestly, even if it is a pipe dream.

CRIMSON WITH VOLCARONA

Blue
February 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Volcarona would fit a Crimson mascot but there's been no real focus on Volcarona... not yet anyway, it's currently on Kyurem.

Oryx
February 3rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah I know 99% chance it won't be Volcarona but I can still dream ;o;

HyperXhydra
February 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's possible to be Crimson since it's similar to the name Kyurem if you pronounced it Japanese(Kurimuzon).
And again Kyurem's new form doesn't have to be grey, a Crimson dragon is cooler imo.

wombateiro
February 4th, 2012, 01:50 AM
It's possible to be Crimson since it's similar to the name Kyurem if you pronounced it Japanese(Kurimuzon).
And again Kyurem's new form doesn't have to be grey, a Crimson dragon is cooler imo.

Kurimuzon (crimson) sounds something like kuromu (chrome). Yes, we can say they sound similar to Kyurem but imo gure (gray) sounds the closest to Kyurem. Letters k and g sounds similar, last m is added like in Reshiram and Zekrom.
If k and g would be replaced and last m deleted Kyurem's name would be Gyure, very similar to gure.

Anyway, it's said in Pokedex that Kyurem was producing powerful ice before it got frozen. It could mean it's another form is dragon/ice too. Imo crimson dragon is not suitable for ice typing. More for fire dragon, but Reshiram is already fire dragon in this trio.

February 4th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Also if they do pick Crimson, it'll reflect the Black mage, White mage, red mage trio (Crimson).
True Crimson doesn't seem very icy but this gen's mascots and their names don't match up all that well (though that's due to the whole Yin and Yang theme...)
I still think it'll be Grey but Crimson can work...

wombateiro
February 4th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Maybe that Crimson domain is registered for Ruby remake. They wouldn't register CrimsonRuby domain becuase it would be too obvious. Maybe there is another domain for Sapphire remake, we should try to find it.

February 4th, 2012, 05:26 AM
CrimsonRuby and AzureSapphire? (Those make me think of the sunset sky...fits considering Rayquaza and all...Also I think that the red orbs Japanese name is Crimson orb...)
On topic- So if Crimson is reserved for future games, then Grey is proably it unless they chose Chrome...which might involve some legal issue with Google...so it's either Chromium (a metal that sounds like Kyurem's name too, they could always do an DPPt Stone to metal, in this case shades to metal instead of the GSC going from color/metal to stone or the RGBY all color and RSE all stones...) But considering the pattern of all the odd gens versions fitting the established theme by the first two versions (RG being colors leading to more colors,and RS being stones leading to another stone), that leaves me with Grey/Gray as the only possible title I can think of...

wombateiro
February 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
CrimsonRuby and AzureSapphire? (Those make me think of the sunset sky...fits considering Rayquaza and all...Also I think that the red orbs Japanese name is Crimson orb...)

Red and Blue Orbs are called Crimson Orb and Indigo Orb. CrimsonRuby and IndigoSapphire?
Domain pokemoncrimson.com is registered by Nintendo while pokemonindigo.com is registered by someone else. So maybe Nintendo will buy it? Or maybe pokemoncrimson.com is just hint for R/S remakes and won't be even used?
Anyway I think third game's name will be Gray or at least something related to that color, not Crimson.

HyperXhydra
February 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM
GF will eventually come up with a name that we won't expect.

If they are gonna name it based on Kyurem's icy body:
Pokemon Topaz.
http://image2.gemselect.com/thumbs/topaz/Tgem-294425a.jpg

Xander Olivieri
February 4th, 2012, 08:48 PM

Pokemon Topaz.

Cept topaz is normally Yellow. Blue is a color variation that isn't highly common, but topaz is commonly yellow.

February 4th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I was going to say what Xander said, but come to think about it Topaz won't be a bad choice considering how in Kyurem's forehead is a Yellow spot, plus it's eyes are Yellow...also I think I read somewhere that the color Yellow represents Wuji...might Kyurem's other forme be based on the Yellow Dragon of the Center? (The fifth symbol of China In Jp there isn't a fifth symbol as Void takes it's place...ummm Wuji can mean void too...)

bobandbill
February 4th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'll note that what websites are registered (as well as what game names are copyrighted) isn't something to take note of too deeply with Pokemon. Platinum's site url was taken by someone else iirc when they announced it but that didn't stop Nintendo.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Just like how Rayquaza got the third game and Giratina did as well, I think that Kyurem would also get the third game and like what others have stated the game could be called Pokemon Grey.

:t354:TG

Marilynasol
February 6th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Pokemon Topaz.

That's stupid. Not only did the poster below you explain that topaz is often considered yellow (the gem was yellow in "Hey You, Pikachu!"), but topaz is a stone. Black and white are, generally speaking, colors. We don't have Gold, Silver, and Purple versions, nor Red, Blue, and Jade. Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations. I just want to slap everybody who says "it's going to be chrome! Or titanium! Maybe prism! Or even obsidian!" The third pair will be a basic color. The question is what color. I'm saying Gray/Grey, as gray in a primary sense is thought of as the blending of black and white. But we may be surprised. I also suspect Clear could be a possibility, as Wuji is the absence of everything, and clear isn't really a color. It could also be Color to show that the world isn't monochromatic, Brown because it is an understated, neutral color (though I doubt Brown), and even Rainbow much in the sense of Color.

The mascot's going to be Kyurem. There isn't a reasonable doubt that makes me believe otherwise. I knew that Rayquaza was going to be featured extensively in the third game, I just didn't know whether the game would be Emerald or Topaz. I saw Giratina coming from a mile away as well. Kyurem definitely belongs alongside Reshiram and Zekrom, and even moreso than Rayquaza and Giratina did with their respective trios as Kyurem was the original Reshiram and Zekrom.

scprepschool
February 6th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I cant believe some of the ppl that say there isnt proof that kyurems not related to reshiram and zekrom.
If the fact that they are following the fire, lightning, ice theme isnt obvious enough... Look at the sprites, of course kyurem is going to look a little different: its frozen.
Underneath the ice is a gray dragon.

If that isnt enough look no further than the english names.
Reshi
Zek
Kyu

Ram
Rom
Rem

Coincidence?

Xander Olivieri
February 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
That's stupid. Not only did the poster below you explain that topaz is often considered yellow (the gem was yellow in "Hey You, Pikachu!"), but topaz is a stone. Black and white are, generally speaking, colors. We don't have Gold, Silver, and Purple versions, nor Red, Blue, and Jade. Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations. I just want to slap everybody who says "it's going to be chrome! Or titanium! Maybe prism! Or even obsidian!" The third pair will be a basic color. The question is what color. I'm saying Gray/Grey, as gray in a primary sense is thought of as the blending of black and white. But we may be surprised. I also suspect Clear could be a possibility, as Wuji is the absence of everything, and clear isn't really a color. It could also be Color to show that the world isn't monochromatic, Brown because it is an understated, neutral color (though I doubt Brown), and even Rainbow much in the sense of Color.

The mascot's going to be Kyurem. There isn't a reasonable doubt that makes me believe otherwise. I knew that Rayquaza was going to be featured extensively in the third game, I just didn't know whether the game would be Emerald or Topaz. I saw Giratina coming from a mile away as well. Kyurem definitely belongs alongside Reshiram and Zekrom, and even moreso than Rayquaza and Giratina did with their respective trios as Kyurem was the original Reshiram and Zekrom.

You are horribly mistaken. Gold and Silver are Metals as well as colors and Crystal is a generic Gem Stone so no those do not match. Diamond and Pearl are precious stones. Platinum is a metal. The original three Red, Blue, Green are colors that people use to see basic colors. International got Yellow as the third making the Theme Primary colors. Gen one didn't have a basic set due to two sets of three sets. Third Generation is the only one with a real solid theme, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are Precious Stones.

Black and White are not colors either. In terms of light, they are both the absence and abundance of colors but are Negative and Positive light sources. In terms of color they are Shades and Tints. Color wise Black is a mixture of all colors while white is the absence of all colors. Neither are colors themselves. If you are looking for a theme there theoretically cannot exist as Black and White are two absolutes. Commonly Grey, the only color midpoint, is an obvious.

Canon story also contradicts the Kyurem is original Dragon as the Dragon was evenly split Body and Power into Zekrom and Reshiram.

I cant believe some of the ppl that say there isnt proof that kyurems not related to reshiram and zekrom.
If the fact that they are following the fire, lightning, ice theme isnt obvious enough... Look at the sprites, of course kyurem is going to look a little different: its frozen.
Underneath the ice is a gray dragon.

If that isnt enough look no further than the english names.
Reshi
Zek
Kyu

Ram
Rom
Rem

Coincidence?

I know the Fire/Ice/Electric thing has come up as an "Reoccuring" Type for trios. Sadly this is false that trio has only ever been done once. So no there is no support with just the Fire/Ice/Lightning speculation.

As for how names play, coincidence purely, if every last trio had the same name play then it would be something to hold weight, but not every last trio has the rhyming names.

scprepschool
February 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Personally I would like the mascot to be genesect, that said, I cant see why if I am putting what I want aside in order to realize the most obvious answer... Why some others cant also.

I cant see how the names are percieved as coincidence... You mean to tell me that these 3 names were picked and no one noticed at gf that ram and rom was similiar to rem?
I dont understand why someone would think it coincidence.

On another note, none of the mascots have followed in type bro. So why couldnt it be fire lightning ice?
In english we have:
Gen one: fire, water, electric
Gen two: fire, pyschic, water
Gen three: ground, water, dragon or flying
Gen four: water, steel, ghost

That being said

Can you give me any type match up that will hold weight?

Unless of course the 3rd game was keldeo, then we could say every gen has a water mascot

Oryx
February 6th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Whoa. A little harsh there don't you think? Do you have any facts to back yourself up that Pokemon keeps a theme within the generations? Gen I and Gen III had a theme. Gen II and Gen IV split off. That's half and half, so there's really as good a chance of it matching the theme as a chance of it not matching at all. The idea of Gray is also pretty silly imo - they have never once done a generation where the third game was a blending of the first two. The Gen I third game wasn't purple (or yellow/brown for Red and Green), the Gen II game wasn't...whatever Gold and Silver combined is, the Gen III game wasn't Amethyst (or any purple stone, a mix of a ruby and a sapphire), the Gen IV game wasn't some strange combination of diamond and pearl. The people who are insistent that it's Gray are going to be disappointed tbh, because Game Freak almost never adheres to what the fans think the names should be or what the fans expect.

That being said, I also feel like the game is going to be a color. Not because it has to be, but because I feel like Turquoise (Team Plasma), Brown (Landorus), or Crimson (Volcarona) would all be great names for a game.

And yes I know Volcarona is a pipe dream. I'll keep saying that up until the third game is announced though.

vizarod
February 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
It'll probably be gray. It probably would have been silver if that wasn't
already a game. And the mascot will probably be Kyurem. No other pokemon
really makes sense as the main legendary. But they'd have to change its
location and stuff and probably change the whole story.

There probably won't be a third game.

February 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think the name ending is a coincidence, the similar endings as well as their typing is a call back to the bird trio in Kanto, coincidently in gen 1 Articuno was the weakest one...like Kyurem...
Also each third version and remake recons the duo/ trio (in terms of remakes) so they will proably due that for Kyurem's backstory. And even if Kyurem did had nothing to do with the other two, I can still see it as mascot.
Gen III also wasn't the only one with a solid theme. Gen I was based on the two color wheels, the RGB one and the RBY one...
Also Kyurem and Reshiram in a way can represent Yin and Yang (not saying that Kyurem is Yang, but that it's element can represent it), as fire and Ice are often depicted as opposites similar to Groudon with Rayquaza (Earth vs. Heaven which along with sea vs. land is another yin yang mortif)...
Also Kyurem is a dragon, and this is the year of the dragon, so if they are going to release a main game why not go with a dragon mascot to fit the year (remember gf did a dragon event in Japan)...unless of course they release an Emerald remake...

Attribule
February 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Kyurem doesn't belong to either side; Black or White; Zekrom or Reshiram. Kyurem happens to be grey for a reason: Because it is neither of them, but somewhere in the middle.

They're all part of the same group of legendary dragons.

Anything other than Kyurem is honestly just fanfic fantasy. No other Pokemon even comes close to possibly representing the 3rd game. Keldeo is probably the most laughable speculation, as it is clearly just another Mew, or Celebi, etc. I can understand if people are speculating something other than Kyurem if Kyurem didn't already exist, but he does. What I mean is, it would make more sense if Reshiram or Zekrom didn't have a 3rd ''member'', like Lugia and Ho-oh, but they do.

The real speculation isn't on which Pokemon will be the mascot, it's just about what the name will be.

Oryx
February 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Keldeo is probably the most laughable speculation, as it is clearly just another Mew, or Celebi, etc.

Victini is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of Unova, not Keldeo.

scprepschool
February 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah victini is the mew for 5th... But keldeo isnt as far fetched as some other ideas. I know for one if it is meloetta I will not purchase it. But if it is feebas like I suspect then now we are talking

wombateiro
February 8th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Possibly another hint into Gray: Team Plasma's outfits are colored in black, white and gray, N's clothes also have all those three colors.
It was mentioned before but it's important what N says at Chargestone:
"Many different values mix together, and the world becomes gray... That is unforgivable! I will separate Pokémon and people, and black and white will be clearly distinct!
This quote would make much more sense if third game will be called Gray.

February 8th, 2012, 09:43 PM
That does make sense...when I was playing the game and read that I became even more certain that the third game would be called Grey. He did use the spelling Grey right? Or was that only American versions? If that was the spelling for all english versions then that would proably be the spelling.

scprepschool
February 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM
When you speak to N in chargestone the spelling is "gray". Thats the reason I keep spelling it like that. You know that if kyurem is the mascot there is a possibility that steven could make a cameo. I recall him having an interest in the meteor and having a home at mossdeep ( I think thats the name ) and giving you a beldum. So it would make since that he would have an interest in kyurem. He will be grays eusine.

February 8th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Another possible connection to Gray is that it sounds a lot like the word Glacier (it has an a too so they proably would stick with Grey rather than Gray), think of it this way Graycier, and Kyurem happens to be Ice...Pokemon is so punny...

P0kelegend
February 9th, 2012, 12:44 AM
We may start getting info on this any day now in Coro Coro. Its pretty obvious that Keldeo will be revealed in this month's Coro Coro, and I assume that Kyurem's new forme may also be revealed with it just like they did Giratina in 08.

Mechanic
February 9th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I actually can't wait for the new Coro Coro :D Finally being able to know what is real and what's not, who's the mascot and which name will it have.

As already said both white and black are not really colors, they are the absence of light and the absence of darkness, black is when the material reflects no light and white is when the material absorbs all the light (i'm a painter xD). So a middle ground for that doesn't really exists per say, it would be a prism that can reflect a rainbow set on the light (white) it reflects or nothing at all with the darkness (black) it's subjected to.

But saying the next game will be called Prism is probably too much :S i still vouch it will be called Gray or Grey just because that is how GF works, it's been proven over and over hehehe.

Xander Olivieri
February 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Am I the only one expecting another Spin off to appear in Coro Coro right now? XD

If they talk about the movie Keldeo appearing is a great hope for me cause we'd get one of the three locked Legends~

scprepschool
February 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
If you google image search " pokemon 15th anniversary poster+kyurem movie pokemon gray"
Among the images is a japanese poster for the new movie and in the middle of all the pokes on the poster is a keldeo silohette. Not sure if its fan made but it doesnt look it

Blue
February 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Meloetta would fit the Crimson title IMO, she's one of the three that "Haven't been revealed" yet. She also has another forme

Oryx
February 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I don't think it'll be an unreleased Pokemon honestly, because they've never done that in the past. It's really nice for them to keep people playing if they have an unreleased Pokemon to look forward to and I highly doubt they'd make them fairly common like other legendaries.

Forever
February 9th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Agreeing with Toujours. Unless they're released before the end of Black and White, then chances are they won't be making an appearance as the title legendary in the next game. Sure they -could- but if the data is in Black and White, and there are pre-planned events, why bother doing that? ;x

Magnificent Faiyaz
February 10th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Its pretty obvious that Kyurem is going to be the mascot for the 3rd game. As for the name, "Pokemon Grey" is the common opinion but i think its way too preditable and gamefreaks gonna name it something completely unexpected to surprise the Pokemon universe.

Zephyn
February 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
It's almost definitely going to be Kyurem. It is clearly related to Zekrom and Reshiram - just look at Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

As for the name, I think it will be Gray. I guess I wouldn't be very surprised if it turned out to be Chrome, though.

Blue
February 15th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I agree, although it would be nice to get an unexpected surprise. I think Nintendo know that most fans are experting Gray, it will be something irrelevant I'd say.

RockinRiolu
February 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
The mascot will more than likely be Kyurem, since the other two out of the Tao Trio are the other mascots.
As for the name, It'll have something to do with Grey/gray, I mean, look at black and white. It'll probably be in the middle. But, Gray/grey will be too obvious. They'll probably use something unexpected, like Chrome, or Slate, or some kind of grey.

Mew~
February 15th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I'm going to be a minority, and say I don't want a third game, despite the fact there probably will be one.

I'd like a surprise for sure, I came up with the name "Luster" a while back for the cover contest a while back (which came runner up), as for the mascot, like most people have mentioned countless times now - it's bound to be Kyurem, we hardly know a lot about it, which is a lot like Giratina in that way, the way they're in inaccessible (before national dex) somewhat similar areas. But yeah, sort of just assuming what's already been assumed here.

February 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I a theory that links Kyurem to the god's stone. You know how Kyurem has rem at the end, well when ever I see the word Theorem I think of Kyurem. And one of the meanings of the root word theo is god...hence why it's called God stone. Plus god being beyond good and evil in some myth,ect. Anyways what I'm getting with this is getting proof that Kyurem will be the mascot for the third version...beyond saying it's obvious.
Also Gray sounds like Glacier. and means between black and white, good and evil. Plus Kyurem's pokedex color is...gray!

Here's another name possiblity for fun, twilight, cause twilight is between dark and light and the stone's are called Dark stone and Light stone...

Skylerguns
February 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Gray most definitely. It goes with the names of the other two, and Kyurem. Unless they want to invent a different legendary.

February 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Kyurem is strange in that it could've used any of the previous third version names as it's own had they not been taken (except for emerald) as they seem to match it, being Blue, having Yellow, Having a crystal body, being the same color as platinum (grey)... I wonder if Game freak made Kyurem based on this...

Anyways Kyurem will proably be the third version mascot due to it's resemblence to the other two legends and having secluded location which is hard to get to or a long time to obtain (Suicune you had to chase at least in GS,Sky Pillar you had to ride your bike quickly and turn correctly to get Rayquaza, Turn back cave you had to go in the correct path though all that fog..., and for the Giant Chasm you need to get to a point in the center of the place to activate the event which most people proably wouldn't know about if they hadn't gone on a wiki or had a Guide)

J-Money808
February 17th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Some how I think gamefreak will throw us all off with the mascot and title. I do see Kyurem being the mascot, perhaps in an alternate form(like maybe Kyurem standing up instead of on all 4's) or they could throw in Keldeo as the mascot, seeing as it has a tie-in with the legendary fighting pokemon.

miltankRancher
February 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Some how I think gamefreak will throw us all off with the mascot and title. I do see Kyurem being the mascot, perhaps in an alternate form(like maybe Kyurem standing up instead of on all 4's) or they could throw in Keldeo as the mascot, seeing as it has a tie-in with the legendary fighting pokemon.

I doubt Keldeo 100% mainly because it is an event Pokemon. That would make Keldeo's novelty as an event Pokemon in BW be thrown away, and make it a simple legendary like the others. Landorus is a more possible mascot, seeing the special way it requires to be encountered, much like how Rayquaza is in RSE. (not the same, but alike)

Kyurem is the most possible candidate for me.

February 19th, 2012, 03:26 PM
When it comes to mascot it comes down to Landorus and Kyurem with Kyurem winning due to it's typing ...but we could be wrong...and Brown would kind of match as it's the combination of Yellow,Green,Blue and Red (the first three/four games)

Oryx
February 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM

Fun fact: Kyurem already stands on two legs. :3

Landorus is the only other really viable third game mascot but I really doubt it'll even be that.

Kajini
February 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
The queer ice dragon one.
Pokemon Desaturate.

Raichupacabra
February 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kyurem in its new form. The name should be Gray/Grey.

Tachikaze
February 20th, 2012, 06:33 PM
We're probably going to find out for sure on Saturday, judging from what Matsuda said. And it's probably going to be Grey and Kyurem, etc etc.

Forever
February 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM
The queer ice dragon one.
Pokemon Desaturate.

I personally don't think that's the best description of Kyurem ;x But why do you say Desaturate? Because colour is sorta gone? Don't think they'd use words that aren't colours/gems/metals, though :(

bwburke94
February 21st, 2012, 04:52 PM
Kyurem is the mascot. The God Stone is Kyurem. N catches both other dragons.
Gray, Chrome, or Natural. (The latter, of course, dual-referencing N.)

Kaori
February 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Fun fact: Kyurem already stands on two legs. :3

Landorus is the only other really viable third game mascot but I really doubt it'll even be that.
Why would you say Landorus? I think that would be pretty awkward since it's part of a trio that aren't mascots of Black and White. It just seems unfitting.

If anything, Genesect would probably have a better chance of being the mascot, but Kyurem is the best bet. It just goes in with Reshiram and Zekrom and I couldn't see any other mascot for the third game. Kyurem should get the attention it deserves anyway haha. :B

I think they should have Kyurem's original form be the mascot for Gray and have something special in-game for it to transform into its other form.

Alli
February 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
If it were Landorus anyway, wouldn't it be Brown Version, and not Grey? And I agree that Kyurem will probably be the mascot. I mean, it makes sense. The last two generations follow this format. Main legendaries for their respective games get to be the mascot, then the big one you can get in both games at level 70 in post-game gets to be on the third version, since it usually gets little to no story in the first two. I'd love for an alternate form, and a new ability. Those two unused moves in BW that are for Kyurem are Sky Attack clones, and I'd love this alternate Kyurem to have an ability that ignores charging or recharging before or after an attack, so that those moves will actually be of use. Cause Lord knows its Glaciate is totally outclassed by Ice Beam that it learns at level 22. Level 22. Hmph.

February 22nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
[FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"]^ If that happened Kyurem would be a boss!
And true every lv 70 with almost no story is mascot...but Landorus fits that too...

Alli
February 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it does, but...well, to be fair, it was given more than Kyurem. If you go to the shrine, almost every NPC there talks about it. And you even get a little scene with the NPCs actually at the shrine. That's much more than Kyurem could say. You wouldn't even know it existed if you didn't have a guide book or get online to see it. lol

Kaori
February 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
^ True. I really want to hear more about Kyurem and learn about its history. There's no better way to fix that up than by making it the mascot. Plus the chances of it becoming the mascot is a total given, lol. Especially if the title "Pokémon Gray" is confirmed.

Xander Olivieri
February 22nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
There is nothing given on who the next mascot is. Kyurem has less chance than Cobalion or Landurus. Both have more story than Kyurem and officially, Kyurem is not related to Zekrom and Reshiram. Just because he's Ice/Dragon, that isn't even enough to put a relation. If that's enough, then all Fire/Ghost, Electric/Ghost, and Ice/Ghost would be related.

Assuming that Kyurem's the Mascot cause it shares a Movie with the Muskedeer also isn't a reason as, Cobalion is also in that movie and all the support for Kyurem just being in a Movie also supports Cobalion.

February 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Well Kyurem also has a similar moveset to the other two. Also it's typing plus it's name ending is what implies the connection between the three.
Yeah, Kyurem's more obscure that Giratina was...
Also it's the very fact that it has less story than those two that makes it likelier that it'll be the mascot. Rayquaza and Giratina had no story before third games added them like Kyurem...
Plus the movie revolves around Kyurem/ Keldeo much Suicune/ Celebi, Rayquaza,and Kyurem/ Keldeo. Colbalion isn't even one of the two stars...
So Kyurem has more going for it that Cobalion...

Xander Olivieri
February 24th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I know the Games have never followed the Manga before (thought the Manga started off like a reflection of the Games), though in the newest Chapter that appeared on Mangareader, one of the Seven Sages caught the Kami Trio. Dunno how this will play in the Manga, but, if they pull another cheap shot like they did with Yellow copying the Manga, and Platinum pulling in Anime Canon into the Games, it would be really cool.

February 24th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I know the Games have never followed the Manga before (thought the Manga started off like a reflection of the Games), though in the newest Chapter that appeared on Mangareader, one of the Seven Sages caught the Kami Trio. Dunno how this will play in the Manga, but, if they pull another cheap shot like they did with Yellow copying the Manga, and Platinum pulling in Anime Canon into the Games, it would be really cool.

Well Steven caught the Regi trio during the RS arc too...so I don't see how much of a hint that is for the third version...
Also how is Platinum based on anime cannon? It's the other way around... (remember they had pt planned before Gira's movie...)

Anyways on topic, what time is Pokemon smash suppose to start in JST?
Another hint for Kyurem being mascot/related to the other two is it's eye color, it's yellow like Zekrom's element, while Zekrom's is red like Reshiram's element while Reshiram's is blue like Kyurem's element. Don't think eye color and design is a major hint? Look at the last two trios; GKR all have similar looking golden eyes while DPG all have similar looking red eyes.

gamerdna223
February 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Well, Kyurem would make most sense. It's in the 15th movie, and it would make the most sense, as Cobalion and Landorus aren't related to Reshiram and Zekrom at all. Kyurem has always been assumed to be the body of the original combined Reshiram and Zekrom. As for the name, Grey would be most appropriate.

Xander Olivieri
February 24th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Well Steven caught the Regi trio during the RS arc too...so I don't see how much of a hint that is for the third version...
Also how is Platinum based on anime cannon? It's the other way around... (remember they had pt planned before Gira's movie...)

Anyways on topic, what time is Pokemon smash suppose to start in JST?
Another hint for Kyurem being mascot/related to the other two is it's eye color, it's yellow like Zekrom's element, while Zekrom's is red like Reshiram's element while Reshiram's is blue like Kyurem's element. Don't think eye color and design is a major hint? Look at the last two trios; GKR all have similar looking golden eyes while DPG all have similar looking red eyes.

The minor detail thing is quite a desperate stretch. They wouldn't go that deep to hide relations.

As for the Platinum, it was a reference to the movie becoming Game Canon. Also you have the slight change to the story concerning Team Galactic. There were a few minor things I remembered seeing in the Anime that became canon in the games I just can't remember what specifically now....it was like 2 small things.

February 24th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Another connection is that Kyurem's hidden moves have effects that reference the other tao members typing linking it to the other two.
The Grey morality is also referenced in the abyssmal ruin's writing also N mentioned it in the cave. So things seem to point to Grey. Plus Kyurem is the boundary pokemon, possibly meaning it being the inbetween seperating light from Darkness.

Forever
February 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Locking! Mainly because the mascot and name is announced and really, everyone's discussing that in the announcement thread. So yeah continue your discussion there, gogo!
http://i.imgur.com/EkvQs.png