PDA

View Full Version : A rant about System Fanbase

Pogiforce-14
January 5th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I just want to proclaim how much I detest bias towards a particular system or manufacturer of games. And I'm talking SERIOUS bias here. Not "I like this system, I don't like the other two". I'm talking " This system pawns, everything else sucks!" Or " This game system is horrible and lacking and can't stand up to this system here. That one struggles to compete with this one." Both are opinions I hear often and I'm growing sick of it.

I don't understand why people have to be all one way or the other way. I myself have both a Playstation 2 and a Gamecube. and though I myself am not fond of the X-box, I would be willing to own one. Because I know each system has something admirable about it. As I see it, it's like this:

I admire teh Playstation 2 for it's fighting games and particular series, such as .Hack and Xenosaga. I admire the Gamecube for it's classic characters and innovation, as well as it's racing and multiplayer games. and X-box I must say has the best internet playability of the three. When I say I prefer the Gamecube over the others, it's not that I think they suck. I think they each have their own strengths. I just prefer my multiplayer games with their coop modes or battle modes over everything else. Even then, the PS2 comes in a close second since I simply love the Budokai and .hack series.

But for a lot of other people, it's always a generalization of "That system sucks" or "this system rules." It's either all one way or all the other. Why must people be that way? You'd think they're deciding the loyalty to their country or something. It's something that needs to stop...

(Done ranting now. To those who were considerate enough to read it fully and objectively, I thank you greatly and wish you a nice day.)

Claire
January 5th, 2005, 06:03 PM
It's better to just state your opinions on the systems in their corresponding threads, rather than create a new thread.
*locks*