PDA

View Full Version : Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan

The Void
January 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
http://terryxlife.com/images/uploads/pokemon.jpg

HITMONLEE VS HITMONCHAN
Two fighting champions, pitted together in a fight. Who would win?

PlatinumDude
January 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
I like both, but I'm going with Hitmonlee because it hits harder and faster than Hitmonchan.

littlebrother
January 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
I chose Hitmonchan because it has shiny red gloves, clothes, Dutch clogs, and a belt.

What does Hitmonlee have? Nothing except crazy looking eyes, legs that look like the bark off palm trees, and a yellow ball on its ankle. Obviously during a fighting contest, Hitmonchan won against Hitmonlee and took everything he owned, right down to the clothes on his back. Hitmonlee then had to resort to mind-numbing slavery to pay off his debts, which explains the crazy eyes and the yellow ball on his ankle. I don't know what happened to his legs, though, and I'd prefer not to.

Yoshikko
January 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hitmonlee all the way, I like that he's so simplistic cept he has these crazy eyes and legs which makes it very balanced, because simplicity is key in Pokémon designs imo. Also he's just better overall, Hitmonchan is weird.

Overlord Drakow
January 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hitmonlee for me. He suits me more than Hitmonchan as far as my own fighting style is concerned XD. I've always preferred kicks over punches.

Renthewarrior
January 24th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Well Hitmonchan definitely has better attacks. Thunderpunch, Firepunch and Icepunch are really good moves, especially for Hitmonchan.
For that reason my answer is Hitmonchan.

Oryx
January 24th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I chose Hitmonchan because it has shiny red gloves, clothes, Dutch clogs, and a belt.

What does Hitmonlee have? Nothing except crazy looking eyes, legs that look like the bark off palm trees, and a yellow ball on its ankle. Obviously during a fighting contest, Hitmonchan won against Hitmonlee and took everything he owned, right down to the clothes on his back. Hitmonlee then had to resort to mind-numbing slavery to pay off his debts, which explains the crazy eyes and the yellow ball on his ankle. I don't know what happened to his legs, though, and I'd prefer not to.

Hahaha this is amazing.

But yeah Hitmonchan for me. Hitmonlee just doesn't look appealing in the least. Hitmonchan looks like a fighter, Hitmonlee looks like...a thumb with limbs.

Maple Leaf
January 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hitmonchan for its appearance and the three punches. <3

Palladium
January 25th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Actually, I'd rather have Hitmontop but I digress
Anyways, I'd rather have Hitmonchan, because although he looks ridiculous with that pink skirt and I like the concept of kicking better, he is better gamewise
You should have made a poll, y'know

Blue
January 25th, 2012, 05:14 AM
It used to be Hitmonchan but I currently favour Hitmonlee.

Talli
January 25th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Hitmontop I always prefered to the Hitmons but Hitmonlee is better that Hitmonchan.

GokuRikaku
January 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM
My opinion on design is with Hitmonchan. Kicking is alright an all, but feels good to get a good punch on your foe.

BeliVuk
January 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Jackie Chan versus Bruce Lee? Hmmm, I'll have to go with Lee.

MrKyurem
January 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Hitmonchan is the best. Why?
Obtained at level 25.
*next level*
Hitmonchan learned Fire Punch!
Hitmonchan learned Thunder Punch!
Hitmonchan learned Ice Punch!

Problem?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
January 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hitmonlee because it doesn't look as weird and has higher attack power.

Though Hitmonchan has become infinitely more useful since the 4th gen physical/special split. But it still looks weird... short skirts and boxing gloves do not mix...

Mentalii
January 28th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hitmonlee. I don't really know why, but I've always prefered it, since I was younger. Maybe because I think that kicks are more painful than punches :pink_tongue:
But I love Hitmonchan too. Besides I've always wondered if its gloves were a part of its body, or if it has hands inside them...

Seki
January 28th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Chan, Hitmonchan. Enough said.

vaporeon7
January 30th, 2012, 03:54 AM
I voted for Hitmonlee because I have always preferred kicking over punching like Drakow. I also like Hi-Jump Kick, even though when I last tried to do it, I missed and crashed.

-Jared-
January 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hitmonlee, definitely. While Physical/Special split made Hitmonchan SO much more useful, I think Hitmonlees overall usefulness, spanning over the five generations, makes him more ideal, to me.

smurf
January 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I beileve hitmonlee would be the best choice

BlazeRage
February 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Hitmonchan!
Love him,Fast hands,Strong motha f***a :)
Better arsenal (moves)
Thunderpunch,Dynamicpunch,Dizzypunch
3 very dominating moves

psyanic
February 4th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hitmonlee! It uses its legs and everyone knows leg muscles are stronger than arm muscles.

bobandbill
February 4th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I always preferred Hitmonchan's moveset just because of all the elemental punches. Design-wise though Hitmontop is the more interesting for myself.

Kirbychu
February 5th, 2012, 12:10 AM
As much as I like Jackie Chan, I prefer my Pokemon without clothes. Hitmonlee wins by aesthetics.

littlebrother
February 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Alright, well you guys obviously didn't understand exactly who would win in a bout between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, so I depicted an actual fight using my magnificent artistic skills.

Here's what happened. (http://i42.tinypic.com/rsy8h5.png) It all ended so fast, with a simple Mach Punch to the upper stomach.

Poor Hitmonlee didn't have a chance. At least this time he played it smart and bet on his contender winning instead of himself. Now he won't have to take up a weekend midnight shift at the poop farms to repay his debts.

Satoshi Ookami
February 5th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I always liked Hitmonchan more.
Design-wise and also moveset-wise becuase elemental punches are really awesome moves.
I never actually used anyone beside using Hitmonlee briefly in XD thanks to his Shadow Half.

Sheep
February 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I think I prefer Hitmonlee, honestly. As was said, I prefer my Pokemon without clothes and I'm more of a fan of the kick attacks than the elemental punches on these two. But yeah, Hitmontop is a lot better imo design-wise. >:

shinysweety
February 9th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I chose Hitmonchan cause it's the one that look's most like a girl, and also cause Hitmonlee just looks like a Potato with legs. xD

xSkullKing16x
February 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Hitmonlee, it's one of my favorite Pokemon anyway.

Joshawott
March 3rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hitmonchan kind of has an unfair disadvantage in my books since I've never used one. Still, Hitmonlee's Hi Jump Kick did wonders for me in FireRed one time, and overall I like its design much more.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 8th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I'd have to go with Hitmonlee, has a more appealing design and better stats to use its moves imo. That and I can use so many nicknames with it due to Lee being so exploitable there lol.

Game Over1375
March 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I use to prefer Hitmonchan, until 4th Gen. When that happened, I fell in love with Hitmonlee. A Hitmonlee that knows Sucker Punch, Hi Jump Kick, Stone Edge, and Earthquake is something that should be feared more than any Hitmonchan.

Noah Ridgewood
March 10th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hitmonlee would probably win, but I'm prejudice against it because I don't like it's design, so I picked Hitmonchan regardless!

Shining Raichu
March 11th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Hitmonchan most definitely! I can teach it Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch. It is like magic. Hitmonlee is useless, he has no ice or fire or electricity.

Forever
March 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Hitmonlee. Not for attacks/moveset/whatever, just the fact that it has a really awesome design and I used to group it w/ Taurus back in my Pokemon noob days which means it was awesome to me. :3

The Void
March 12th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hitmonchan most definitely! I can teach it Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch. It is like magic. Hitmonlee is useless, he has no ice or fire or electricity.

Actually, Hitmonlee CAN learn elemental attacks. In fact, it learns more powerful moves than chan lol. Lee can learn Blaze Kick, which is way more powerful than Fire Punch; Mega Kick, which is also way more powerful than Mega Punch; and can even learn punching moves like Hitmonchan, who can't even learn any kick moves!

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Had to go with Hitmonlee - I've always thought kicks are cooler than punches and I don't know I just prefer its design too lol :)

Nomine
April 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
I've always picked Hitmonlee when it came to these two Pokémon. I never had much luck using Hitmonchan. I could never inflict enough damage when I used it in Fire Red.

ShinyUmbreon189
April 1st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Most people pick "Hitmonlee" because of his incredible speed and attack but I personally like Hitmonchan. Hitmonchan can take out most of his weaknesses, Flying use Thunder/Ice Punch. So Hitmonchan all the way. Hitmonlee does NOT have the ability to take out flying pokemon with a breeze.

Halcyon
April 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I chose Hitmonlee, mainly because of his springy legs. B)

Jobrjo
April 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Hitmonlee, simply because it's faster.

Turn-it
April 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hitmonchan. For some reason he reminds me of Ippo from Hajime no Ippo. I love the iron fist ability.