PDA

View Full Version : [Script] Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

Crazyninjaguy
January 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
[css-div="background: #fff; border: 2px solid #ddd; padding: 5px;"][css-div="float: right; border: 2px solid #ddd; padding: 5px; width: 300px;"]Version: Development[/css-div][css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd; margin-top: -1px;"]Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace ~ By Crazyninjaguy[/css-div]

[css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd;"]Introduction[/css-div]

Welcome to the thread!
This is my new project. People on StormCross Studios (My Site) will have known about this for a while.
This project aims to bring Pokemon and VX Ace to the masses through scripting.

This kit is being made in the style of well, a mixture, and I intend to finish this one. I've already got a lot of support for this, and I hope you'll join me with RPG Maker VX Ace :)

[css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd;"]Screenshots[/css-div]

http://i45.tinypic.com/idtxzc.png

[css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd;"]Current Features[/css-div]

Full Experience Tables Game_Pokemon class. Stores Pokemon Data in a script readable format. Game_Move class. Stores the data for moves. Game_MoveList class. Stores the data for a Pokemon's movelist. Game_PokemonParty class. Very basic at the moment. Simply stores Pokemon in the party and the PC. Game_Trainer class. Stores all information about the trainer. Title Screen Loading Screen (Continue function will come with saving) Basic menu. The code is there, but the menu options lead nowhere. Structure for a credits scene. Map Name Fix. Allows the map name to display on the very first map. Message System. Complete with Windowskin changer command. Advanced textfile Compiler. This is purely for scripters. Will iterate through a set block size storing each line minus the data label into an array. Used currently for Pokemon and Moves. Autotiles by Tsuka Mouse Control (Mouse input system by Jet). Title Screen. Load Screen.

[css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd;"]Release List[/css-div]

None as of yet.

[css-div="border-bottom: 2px solid #ddd;"]Credits[/css-div]

Scripting
Crazyninjaguy
Jet ~ Mouse System

Data Entry
Carmaniac

Graphics
P-Sign
Veekun
Maruno
Venom12
FL .
BANGIt'sTyler
Tsuka

Support
Everyone at StormCross Studios

[/css-div]

GAOlivier
January 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hurray for StormCross :D Can't wait for the full release! You've done so well at this already ^_^

p.claydon
January 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
sounds interesting hope all goes well

will all pokemon info and stuff like that be dealt with using external files or will you make use of the database stuff

Crazyninjaguy
January 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM
All the pokemon information is being handled by external files.
I've decided to pull the kit from downloads until the next version, which should be sometime this week!

p.claydon
January 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
kool will look forward to trying it

ramonbastos
January 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Hey CNG, still remember me? xD Nice to see that you are still working on a Starter Kit, cant wait for it!

Crazyninjaguy
January 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Heh, yeap, I remember you :3
Yeah, working on a starterkit from scratch always helps me brush up on my coding :3

zingzags
January 31st, 2012, 12:32 PM
good luck on this new kit, I really hope it does not die out this time.

chrunch
January 31st, 2012, 09:16 PM
Download link isn't working. :(

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice your post. :(

Crazyninjaguy
February 1st, 2012, 01:16 AM
I've decided to pull the kit from downloads until the next version, which should be sometime this week!

Should be a release soon :)

abnegation
February 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Good to see another starter kit in the horizons. However CNG, once you get a release here I'll be moving this over to Tutorials & Resources with the [Engine] prefix. So just a heads up for future reference, that is where releases like this go. I would move it now but I notice you're planning on releasing the download later.

Crazyninjaguy
February 7th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Fair enough!
Yeah, the release will be pretty soon, I want to at least get the summary scene done before a release!

one hundred
February 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
A starter kit for VXA? Awesomeness! When it's out, i'll be sure to download it. *starts stockpiling resources*

Rayquaza.
February 13th, 2012, 12:55 AM
This starter kit looks really great. I simply cannot wait for its completion and release date.

Rayquaza.
February 19th, 2012, 08:12 AM
When's this kit gonna be done? Because I can't wait until it's release.

Rai Rai
February 19th, 2012, 08:30 AM
When's this kit gonna be done? Because I can't wait until it's release.

It'll be done when it's done. There wont be a release until CNG feels the kit is ready to have one.

Firestorm.
March 1st, 2012, 11:31 AM
Is this project still alive?

FSChris
March 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
YES! CRAZY NINGA GUY IS BACK! Though, i may use your kit, i have made so many costomazations to the Essentials kit, so, maybe on another project! but i am using your HGSS tiles, CNG, you will be credited (:

Crazyninjaguy
March 4th, 2012, 05:57 AM
@FireStorm, Yes, very much so. I just haven't posted here in a while, my main focus has been on getting an alpha release out for my project, Reigning Darkness. After the alpha, work will be resumed on this!

refep
March 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Will there be a battle engine included?

Crazyninjaguy
March 8th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Of course!
It'd be a pretty lousy starter kit if it was missing the battle system :3

xd465
March 13th, 2012, 01:27 PM
What generation is this based off of?
Is it GBA styled?
Or is it DS styled?
Graphics mostly. But also how the
party is going to be set up. Will the
overall gameplay be GBA or DS?
Just a few questions to ask so that I know
that I can support this. To let you know,
I haven't seen your kit yet, that's another
reason why I'm asking these questions.
Well anyways, I hope it really works out.
I love ACE and what it's capable of.

Crazyninjaguy
March 13th, 2012, 01:52 PM
What generation is this based off of?
Is it GBA styled?
Or is it DS styled?
Graphics mostly. But also how the
party is going to be set up. Will the
overall gameplay be GBA or DS?
Just a few questions to ask so that I know
that I can support this. To let you know,
I haven't seen your kit yet, that's another
reason why I'm asking these questions.
Well anyways, I hope it really works out.
I love ACE and what it's capable of.

It's in the style of Black/White, but it will be "Single Screen".
The party will not be set up by using the Database, as that'd be way too complicated, especially for new starters.

I love Ace too! In fact, I've Pre-Ordered it, and I'm able to get it tommorow, super excited! :D

xd465
March 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM
It's in the style of Black/White, but it will be "Single Screen".
The party will not be set up by using the Database, as that'd be way too complicated, especially for new starters.

I love Ace too! In fact, I've Pre-Ordered it, and I'm able to get it tommorow, super excited! :D

B/W! Yes! Just what I like.
So, basically the menu, party selection, bag selection, trainer card, ect.
will be in B/W style? Cause if that's true, that would be AWESOME.

Crazyninjaguy
March 16th, 2012, 01:35 AM
All of it, yes :D
Everything will be in the Black/White Style.

mineox100
March 16th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Yay! RPG Maker VX Ace rules! And so do you and this starter kit!
When this come out, I'll be the first to download it. Maybe I'll pre-order the starter kit. XD

khkramer
March 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing this finished :)
Good luck!

guitargodd97
March 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Has work resumed on this? I'm really pumped about this whole thing. Got a whole story and everything.

Rayquaza.
March 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Not until CNGs released his '(link removed)Reining Darkness' Alpha demo. Then work on this will resume.

Cilerba
March 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Dood. You can't link to those other forums, it's against the rules and things.

Crazyninjaguy
March 26th, 2012, 07:24 AM
As Rayquaza said, work will resume on this when Reigning Darkness has it's first demo in 10 weeks time! Might even be 9 by now.

June 4th is the release date for the demo, then i'll start working on this again!

guitargodd97
March 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Alright, sweet! I can't wait.

PyriteWorld
March 26th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I can't wait for it to come out so I can make my own game with it

mikansandwich
March 28th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Wow! You have a great amount of people helping you out on your project I am just a single girl trying to make my own game too. :)
Excited for your release~ go go team!

Crazyninjaguy
March 28th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Heh, actually, it's only me working on this!
I sort of have a release, it's not useable, but it has the basic structure of things.

Title, Menu, Mouse etc.

p.claydon
March 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
what sort of features are you planning for this project and what features are planned for the 1st demo

Crazyninjaguy
March 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Features, well, everything.
It is a starterkit after all :D

I plan to finish the summary, and pokemon selection screens before the first demo.

KingCharizard
March 29th, 2012, 04:43 AM
I'm curious CNG why cant you work on both, I know RD is very important but does it have to require all your time. Get this completed and Pdev might get alot more members

Crazyninjaguy
March 29th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Because i've had multiple projects before.
When you have more than one, one of them tends to grab your attention, and the others get sidelined alltogether.

So i'm learning from past mistakes here :D

GAOlivier
March 29th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I'm curious CNG why cant you work on both, I know RD is very important but does it have to require all your time. Get this completed and Pdev might get alot more members

I think RD will get Pdev more active, too... The Ace kit isn't the only thing that can attract people.

Also, I might be wrong but I don't think you care about Pdev enough to give priority to PDev's member count above having the Ace kit in your possession.
Don't start flaming me if I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about your reply.

p.claydon
March 30th, 2012, 05:15 AM
so things like trade and contests will eventually be included that would be great

guitargodd97
March 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM
After thinking about this starter kit, I have a qusetion, when we are customizing moves are we going to have to customize the animations with the presets on attack animations that come with VX Ace or are there going to be images included that we can used for customizing?

RikuCrafter
April 11th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Bought VX Ace just for this starter kit !

Hope you finish it man :P

CapricornPsyche
May 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I can't wait until it's finished either, since I just got VX ace myself

Crazyninjaguy
May 21st, 2012, 02:02 AM
June 4th is rapidly approaching, so after that, i'll have a little more free time to work on this!

KingCharizard
May 21st, 2012, 02:34 AM
Also, I might be wrong but I don't think you care about Pdev enough to give priority to PDev's member count above having the Ace kit in your possession.
Don't start flaming me if I'm wrong, but this is how I feel about your reply.

I'd love to know where this assumption comes from? I've been around pdev for a while I sometimes leave because chris is constantly changing the site or closing it. just cause I dont kiss ass like the rest of you guys doesn't mean I don't care.

I dont even use essentials, why would I want this kit? Especially when essentials is more complete than this obviously.

June 4th is rapidly approaching, so after that, i'll have a little more free time to work on this!

Good luck on RD and this CNG...

Alternate_Fantasy
June 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I can not wait for this starter kit to come out.

Crazyninjaguy
June 6th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Work will resume on this on the 9th June.
(Saturday)!

CapricornPsyche
June 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hope things are going well with the game and the kit :3 they both look good for a start!

Rayquaza.
June 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
If you need any tiles compiled just let me know.

naokichi
June 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'm pretty excited about this! I followed the #RMVX Starter Kit for a long time and was disappointed when the project halted.
I really hope to see this one flourish! :)

bwburke94
June 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM
So how much have you finished in this past week or so?

Rayquaza.
June 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Will this kit have a fully functional pokemon following script?

Crazyninjaguy
June 16th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Apologies for the lack of being online here, i'll remedy that soon.
In answer to your questions:

How much work has been done?
- Not much, i've been way for most of the weekend. I will get around to doing some shortly.

Will it have a Pokemon Following system?
- Absolutely, although this will be optional, and you'll be able to turn it off/on in the database as there is already a caterpillar system in VX Ace. All I need to do is tweak it to change the graphic to the first pokemon in your party.

Any more questions? Post them and i'll answer them :3

Rayquaza.
June 17th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Will this be able to support GIF images? Like animated battle sprites and title screens?

Crazyninjaguy
June 17th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Possibly, I haven't looked into animated GIFs at all.
It's definitely something I could possibly add. Perhaps Luka will donate his GIF code, i'll ask him when he gets online :3

Rayquaza.
June 17th, 2012, 06:05 AM
That would be great. I swear Luka is never online though.

Crazyninjaguy
June 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Oh I didn't mean on PokeCommunity, I meant MSN :D

Tonight, I hope to begin doing some more work on the kit.

Firestorm.
June 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Has any more progress been made?

Crazyninjaguy
June 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
A little yes.
I haven't been around much due to work/social life, so I apologise for that!
I've just done a little work cleaning up some code. I would expect a release in around 2 months, as a kind of base that you can start with.

Rayquaza.
June 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sounds great. Can't wait until then. Will it have BW tiles and fully functioning autotiles?

Crazyninjaguy
June 26th, 2012, 12:00 PM
It will most likely have B/W tiles yes, probably by UltimoSpriter. I'll have to catch him on MSN first to ask his permission though.

Autotiles: Yes, it's a main feature of VX Ace, so i'll be utilising that.

Pharetra
June 26th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Possibly, I haven't looked into animated GIFs at all.
It's definitely something I could possibly add. Perhaps Luka will donate his GIF code, i'll ask him when he gets online :3
Hm, I don't know if you really need a script for that. I am using animated sprites without a script, so maybe it works for VX Ace too?

Anyway, nice to hear a release is already planned. Knowing you, it will probaby be very good ;)

Luka S.J.
June 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hm, I don't know if you really need a script for that. I am using animated sprites without a script, so maybe it works for VX Ace too?

Anyway, nice to hear a release is already planned. Knowing you, it will probaby be very good ;)

But you ARE using a script, and you're using the biggest one of them all. The only reason(s) you can animate the sprites in essentials is that the class PokemonBattlerSprite supports GIFs, and there is a @sprites["pokemon#{index}"].update method within the Battle System's update function. I'm not familiar with VX ACE and RGSS3 myself, I don't how my scripting methods fare with that.

fiOWNya
June 27th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I've got VXA as well, if you'd like to give me a copy and some things that need to get done I'd be happy to see if I can help out at all.

Crazyninjaguy
June 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM
As Luka said, Essentials has a built in GIF animation class.

@Luka, I can make it work, it won't be too different as I could just copy and paste my sprite animation class from XP to VX Ace with a tiny edit. I understand if you don't want your code in this, as my Sprite Animation script will work just fine :3

@fiOWNya, I probably won't be needing any testers as such, as everyone will be testers really!

fiOWNya
June 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I was more referring to helping write scripts, but no problem. :) I'll just continue with my own thing for the time being, hahaha.

Crazyninjaguy
June 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Ah right, sorry, I don't often get offers from scripters!

As nice as your offer is, I don't really like working with other people's code, as I practically have to learn it before I can make any edits. Coding styles clash!

But, if you send me some examples of codes you've created from scratch (i.e, not in essentials), i'll take a look and make a decision from there!

I'm hoping to do a little work tonight on the kit.

KingCharizard
June 29th, 2012, 07:50 AM
As nice as your offer is, I don't really like working with other people's code, as I practically have to learn it before I can make any edits. Coding styles clash!

Dude I'm the same way, when looking at others people code I can read/understand it but when i try to build on what they've done i find it difficult and i just don't know why.

ppooookkkkkkk
June 30th, 2012, 07:31 AM
will the battle system overworlds sprites graphics as pokemon bw

sorry for all those question but i was gonna make a game and i wanted it up-to-date

supagokuman2
July 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wow, this is great. I just started getting into RPG Maker VX Ace, and I wanted to make a Pokemon game with B/W Graphics, doubting it could be done. Then, I find this thread. I hope you don't have too much trouble with it, and that a release or beta or something is out soon! :D

Lucius
July 4th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Oh, my, god. The reason I stopped work on my project was I could no longer run XP, but with this... I hope you finish this and don't abandon it, like so many others.

I might just have my game made afterall. Sweet...

Crazyninjaguy
July 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Well i'll be working on it a lot more after your encouragements!

This is a bit of an ask, but to speed things along, could someone make a title screen for the kit?

I'm not fussed about the design, but if you make it, make it how you'd like to see it. I'm up for animating it with moving sections, pokemon scrolling across it, whatever you guys want.

It'll just speed things up, as I can get on with the coding of it!

The dimensions of the image(s) must be 512 x 385 (Width x height)

Thanks!

Pharetra
July 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM

This is a bit of an ask, but to speed things along, could someone make a title screen for the kit?

I'm not fussed about the design, but if you make it, make it how you'd like to see it. I'm up for animating it with moving sections, pokemon scrolling across it, whatever you guys want.

Thanks!
Hope you don't mind me doing this, I want to do something back for the time you're putting into this resource for the community.
You're already familiar with my work, so I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Crazyninjaguy
July 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Sure thing, go right ahead :D
Drop it over to me in a PM on here, PlanetDev, or MSN me ^_^

xalien95
July 4th, 2012, 01:23 PM

Thanks!
I've done something fast eheh
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Requests/PokemonStarterKitVXACE.png
I haven't done the bg ^^"

Lucius
July 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM
You've said that this starter kit will be much like Black and White, with 3D landscapes and such features. 3D as in the Black and White percieved depth.

I was wondering, will there be/is there an option to go back to the RSE era, not in 3D? I ask because the tiles I make are very RSE in style and I was wondering if they would be compatible. If not I'll work on some 3D things and have a browse around.

Crazyninjaguy
July 4th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I've done something fast eheh

-Snip-

I haven't done the bg ^^"

If I end up using it, I'll put your name in the credits!

You've said that this starter kit will be much like Black and White, with 3D landscapes and such features. 3D as in the Black and White percieved depth.

I was wondering, will there be/is there an option to go back to the RSE era, not in 3D? I ask because the tiles I make are very RSE in style and I was wondering if they would be compatible. If not I'll work on some 3D things and have a browse around.

At the moment, the Pseudo-3D effect is on the bench, I won't be adding it, if at all, until the main features are scripted in, and when it's added it'll be totally optional!

Lucius
July 5th, 2012, 03:19 AM
At the moment, the Pseudo-3D effect is on the bench, I won't be adding it, if at all, until the main features are scripted in, and when it's added it'll be totally optional!

YIPPEE!!!!

I mean... splendid.

That will make tileling a for me. Don't mind me, I'll just sit here refreshing until the first edition comes out *posts and refreshes*

Battin
July 5th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I'm curious about this project to.

I'm currently making my levels in VX Ace, wondering and hoping that the starters kit will be released soon lol.

Any idea when we can expect something?

Crazyninjaguy
July 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I can't put a definite date on it, as it all depends on how things go!
Levels are defined in the scripts i'm afraid, it'd just be really confusing if I went from database to scripts all the time.

You can however edit these to your liking, and keep them ready for when the kit is released.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9m0NDmhr

Battin
July 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Right, that's just blurry to me. Sorry.
I have to see the whole package in order to understand any of this.
Which is not going to happen right now. No worry.

What do you have already made for this pack?
Or what are your flaws in building the SK?

khkramer
July 5th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I think battin meant maps when he said levels.

Crazyninjaguy
July 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry, I should have explained better.

Each of the "Arrays" (These things: ERRATIC = []) is a growth rate.
Each value in the array is the amount of EXP that is needed to advance to the next level.
Levels are seperated by commas, so that the system can read them, and recognise it's seperate.

Already made:

Basic Pokemon Class
Basic Move Class
Basic MoveList Class
Experience Tables
Basic Trainer Class
HP and Stat Calculation
Animated Sprites (By Frames)
Credits Layout
Data Compiler

Some scripts have been written by Yanfly, not for this Kit of course but as part of their own package. Yanfly has been credited accordingly!

The only "flaws" I have right now, is graphics, I literally have none. If people could help me out with rips that'd be great!

Battin
July 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
About the Graphics, it's not easy to build them.
I have used the tiles that came with VX Ace, but i don't get how they are build.

For example:
I have grass, i have trees and i have houses.
I need to place the grass in "A" (as it's a ground tile) (THIS I KNOW)
I have to put the trees in "B", as they need to be defined as a seperate layer.
I have the Houses in "C", which is higher then B and should be placed over layer "B". Right?

That doesn't work.
For some reason, Layer "C" is placed on the same layer as "B". I can't get this to work.

When i know how to get this part right, i can help you with the tilesets.
So, anyone?

Lucius
July 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
@ Battin: The VX Ace tilesets work on a much simpler concept than the XP tilesets. A is divided into 5 categories.

A1 are the water tiles, each consisting of 3 frames that loop, A2 is ground tiles with addons like long grass, holes, dirt, and fences. A3 and A4 are exterior and interior tiles respectively, though some exteriors can be used as interiors and vice versa. Tile A5 are floor tiles, the first 2 spots usually reserved for a black and completely transparent tile.

Tiles B,C,D and E are the same as one another, they go above the A tiles. Yet if you place a C object over a B object, the B object will be erased.

Took me a while to get the hang of it too. Since most pokemon games have moving tiles that have more than three frames, it's hard to animate the tiles to look exactly the same, unless some sort of script is used and/or you use parallax mapping, which is a whole other kettle of fish.

@ crazyninjaguy: I can't help much with graphics, I'm not that good at ripping 3D stuff which Black and White have in droves. I can however provide you with something I use when I am spriting, it helps me a lot. I'm not sure if it will help you, but it lessens the field of what things you actually have to rip, and it has all the animations in frame form for all the pokemon.

http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokemonblackwhite/index.html

No tiles, but lots of System graphics, like the battle interface.

Battin
July 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Lucius, could you provide me with a small example of that you mentioned in the Spoiler tags? I understand it a little bit, but a picture with pokemon tiles would be usefull.

p.claydon
July 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
soooo looking forward to this
what yanfly scripts have you used?

ppooookkkkkkk
July 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
just asking will the tiles be adjusted as explained above or we have to adjust them by ourselves

Crazyninjaguy
July 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
soooo looking forward to this
what yanfly scripts have you used?

Core Extension
Debug Extension
Event Chase Player
Event Window
Force Move Tiles
Gab Window
Slippery Tiles
Region Battlebacks
Common Event Shop
Menu Cursor

just asking will the tiles be adjusted as explained above or we have to adjust them by ourselves

With help from the community, I hope to have a complete tileset compilation by the first release.

FlipelyFlip
July 5th, 2012, 12:59 PM
What tiles do you want? maybe I can put them together to fit into Ace tilesets (:

ppooookkkkkkk
July 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
oh yeah another thing will it include a full fledged editor like in the pokemon essentials

Crazyninjaguy
July 7th, 2012, 02:29 AM
What tiles do you want? maybe I can put them together to fit into Ace tilesets (:

Any that you can muster up really!

oh yeah another thing will it include a full fledged editor like in the pokemon essentials

Perhaps, yes.
I'd hope that people are intelligent enough to add their own values to a text file, but for ease of use I probably will add one.

ppooookkkkkkk
July 7th, 2012, 03:08 PM
i am i can add my own values like trainer values and new moves

Kincaid777
July 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Will this include anything from Black 2 and White 2? Such as the World Tournament trainers?:)

FlipelyFlip
July 10th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Okay, I'll make the BW-Tiles if it's okay for you (:

and do you need any other help beside the tiles? (:

Crazyninjaguy
July 10th, 2012, 05:45 AM
i am i can add my own values like trainer values and new moves

Yes, you will be able to add your own values.

Will this include anything from Black 2 and White 2? Such as the World Tournament trainers?:)

That's a great idea! Yes, after i've finished the main systems, i'll implement that!

Okay, I'll make the BW-Tiles if it's okay for you (:

and do you need any other help beside the tiles? (:

Thanks, that's great!
I'm not sure what else yet, but i'll have a think!

ppooookkkkkkk
July 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
so how much progess has been made

Chris Marsh
July 16th, 2012, 07:54 AM
OMG, CNG i thought you stoped making pokemon stuff years ago :D im so happy to see you create yet another epic pokemon start kit!

Crazyninjaguy
July 21st, 2012, 07:06 AM
so how much progess has been made

Just got back from Holiday, so not much!

OMG, CNG i thought you stoped making pokemon stuff years ago :D im so happy to see you create yet another epic pokemon start kit!

Haha, I did!
Just kinda fell back into it lol.

KingCharizard
July 21st, 2012, 08:19 AM
CNG I have seen your last B/W Kit and it was good somewhat impressive for the early stages in development but we haven't seen anything from this kit.. and I'm just wondering if anything at all has actually been done.. I know your very capable I am not saying you aren't just wondering if anyone should really expect this kit?

Crazyninjaguy
July 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
All of these are full of code, not exactly things I can display as they're more behind the scenes code!

http://i49.tinypic.com/9k5lxe.png

Alternate_Fantasy
July 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I can not wait for this to come out, keep up the good work.

guitargodd97
July 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM
When you have finished are you going to put together a little tutorial vid on how to use it? Or is it pretty much self-explanatory?

Battin
July 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've noticed in the OP, that there is a link for a Pre-Release...
I only get a 404 error when clicking on it.

Is there some sort of beta release or is the link dead? :)

Crazyninjaguy
July 27th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I can not wait for this to come out, keep up the good work.

Thanks, will do!

When you have finished are you going to put together a little tutorial vid on how to use it? Or is it pretty much self-explanatory?

It's pretty self explanatory really, and there'll be lots of comments in the scripts to help you along.

I've noticed in the OP, that there is a link for a Pre-Release...
I only get a 404 error when clicking on it.

Is there some sort of beta release or is the link dead? :)

There was a Pre-Release, but I took it down as it wasn't as ready as I'd like.

Battin
July 27th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Oh, that's to bad.
Would love to see what you came up with...

And perhaps see if i could help with something usefull...

ppooookkkkkkk
July 29th, 2012, 06:18 AM
hey just wondering can i add my own fakemons and fake moves/items or not

Crazyninjaguy
July 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
You will be able to yes, quite easily in fact :D

ppooookkkkkkk
August 1st, 2012, 07:51 AM
oh this kit looks like my dream kit another thing will it feature 3d like bw or not? just asking how will the battle system work if its single screened

Tru Eagle
August 2nd, 2012, 04:08 AM
I would very much so like for this to get done soon, but no hurry lol.

Battin
August 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Maybe this can help you with your progress....
I have found some battle scripts for this project.

Slight problem (perhaps). They are made in "VX".
I have no idea if they can be converted, but i'll leave that up to you.

Here are some battle screens:
Just in case, i already uploaded them in the dropbox folder CNG!!
http://i47.tinypic.com/2daeoi0.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/23j4r43.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/24qrgwk.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/ou0epl.png

Crazyninjaguy
August 3rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks all the same, but it's probably going to be a whole lot easier if I just make these myself :D
I just don't like digging through others' code to try and understand it before I can edit it.

guitargodd97
August 3rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Do you plan to have it so that pokemon can learn only 4 moves or unlimited, or is it something that the creator of the game has an option of choosing?

Crazyninjaguy
August 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Hmm, well seeing as the Graphics will only allow for four moves, I'll do four for now.
In the future, I may do a 'Creator Set' amount.

Battin
August 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Oh, now that would be a cool idea.

EDIT: Now that i think of it, i don't like the idea of unlimited moves.
There are no sacrifices then... And you could use every move in-game.

No, i don't like that idea.

guitargodd97
August 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'm a fan of the whole four move set. I only asked cause, that is how this other guy had it set up and I was hoping it wouldn't be like that.

I can't wait till this kit is done.

DOA_Hitomi
August 4th, 2012, 06:24 AM
This is great, this would help me turn my Pokemon Fire Red Hack, into an actual RPG PC Game. I do have some knowledge using RPG Maker VX Ace

Crazyninjaguy
August 6th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Small update, I've finally started working on this properly again!

Some more backend changes, so nothing visual.
I do however, go on holiday again for three weeks starting tommorow, so this will most probably be my last update until then.

Here's something else i've been coding.

http://i48.tinypic.com/281sglc.png

Why download a 20+ MB zip file, when the updater can download just the files you need?
Simples!

Lord Varion
August 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Never been a fan of server downloads, when I've already downloaded it from somewhere.
But oh well, seems like a good idea in itself.

guitargodd97
August 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
How soon do you estimate until you release a version of this? This is just me wondering out of curiosity, and not like me saying, hurry up and get it done. I would much rather prefer it to take you a long time, and have a really nice version of this than for you to rush and have it done really fast but not have it be of good quality.

Lord Varion
August 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
How soon do you estimate until you release a version of this? This is just me wondering out of curiosity, and not like me saying, hurry up and get it done. I would much rather prefer it to take you a long time, and have a really nice version of this than for you to rush and have it done really fast but not have it be of good quality.

It's still asking for a release date, which isn't allowed.

guitargodd97
August 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Alright, sorry. I wont do it again.

DOA_Hitomi
August 7th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Let me know when you decide to release this Starter Kit, I would love to use it to
transform my Pokemon Fire Red Hack into an actual PC Game. It's like a goal of mine, just waiting on an Starter Kit for RPG Maker VX Ace.

DOA_Hitomi
August 8th, 2012, 08:07 AM
All of it, yes :D
Everything will be in the Black/White Style.
I will definitely use this kit when it comes out, I would love to make my Pokemon Game into an real Game instead of being just an hack of Pokemon Fire Red. But, I am more excited about bring the game from 3rd Generation to the 5th Generation. Now that will be fun.^^ lol

UltimateDillon
August 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Haha I came across this earlier and I nearly had a heart attack... until I looked at the post date:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Profile
If anyone is reading my profile, i've left PokeCommunity for good to concentrate on Character Developing RPGs. You can however still contact me on my site, PlanetDev.

So err, thanks for everything, and maybe i'll see you around
Sorry to let everyone down, but this will be my last post here on PokeCommunity, for good this time, i'm leaving.

It's been a good run, but i don't enjoy making Pokemon games as much as i used to, it's all the character developing games, and it always has been really.

So sorry, and goodbye!
(As the quote says, you can still contact me on PlanetDev!)

Well I don't think that plan lasted long since you're still here and still bringing the updates in. :D

Can't wait for the starter kit.

RESHIRAM123
August 13th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Looking good. Cant wait till its completed

Alternate_Fantasy
August 27th, 2012, 04:12 AM
As soon as its out I will download it and use it.

p.claydon
September 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM
im assuming this can not be used alongside 'normal' rpgmaker vxace battles (using the actual hero with there own skills and equipment) and allowing the whole capture and using in battle as a way to get more heroes?

Crazyninjaguy
September 4th, 2012, 02:14 AM
im assuming this can not be used alongside 'normal' rpgmaker vxace battles (using the actual hero with there own skills and equipment) and allowing the whole capture and using in battle as a way to get more heroes?

You're right there, it can't!
Pokemon uses way more data than the database can currently handle. (I'm sure it could handle it, but it's just not supported as we can't edit the tabs etc)

I think I may have to change the style of this kit to R/S/E because of the lack of resources.
I will however add the newer features as I see fit. Animated battlers etc.

carmaniac
September 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Pokemon uses way more data than the database can currently handle. (I'm sure it could handle it, but it's just not supported as we can't edit the tabs etc)

I think I may have to change the style of this kit to R/S/E because of the lack of resources.

Good idea my fine sir. At the end of the day, it's still going to be at least one kit that lets people make a pokemon game on VXAce. Keep up the fine work.

Crazyninjaguy
September 4th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Heh, yeah.
Well I'll make it a mixture of styles anyway, but so they blend well.

Progress today:

+More Configuration added
+Title Screen made, and coded
+Load Screen coded

And here's a bonus screenshot!

http://i45.tinypic.com/idtxzc.png

khkramer
September 4th, 2012, 08:46 AM

If you need some resources, just pm me I'll probably be able to get whatever you need. I can compile tilesets etc

Crazyninjaguy
September 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
If you need some resources, just pm me I'll probably be able to get whatever you need. I can compile tilesets etc

Awesome, will do thanks!

Small update, Menu has been coded.
All the scenes that branch off however have not, they still need to be coded.

ppooookkkkkkk
September 4th, 2012, 10:09 AM
just asking will it still be 3d and have bw tiles

Lord Varion
September 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
''still be''
I don't think any starter kit has been 3D.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a 3D like code for VXAce.

Crazyninjaguy
September 4th, 2012, 10:40 AM
just asking will it still be 3d and have bw tiles

For now, I think i'm going to use HGSS tiles. Simply because there's more available.

''still be''
I don't think any starter kit has been 3D.

I'm not 100% sure if there is a 3D like code for VXAce.

I don't think so either!
I haven't seen a Mode07 script at all made for Ace.

ppooookkkkkkk
September 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
there is an h-mode 7 script for vx ace

UltimateDillon
September 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM

just out of interest, whats h-mode 7?

ppooookkkkkkk
September 5th, 2012, 08:08 AM
its an 3d script that is a bit more advanced than neo mode 7

UltimateDillon
September 5th, 2012, 08:10 AM
its an 3d script that is a bit more advanced than neo mode 7

ok, ill need to look that up it seems interesting...

Crazyninjaguy
September 5th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Aha! Thank you for finding that out.
I'm not that fussed about adding it in, perhaps i'll just include it as an add-on.

UltimateDillon
September 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Aha! Thank you for finding that out.
I'm not that fussed about adding it in, perhaps i'll just include it as an add-on.

is it hard to use one of these scripts? i suppose it would take a lot more tiles and work?

Crazyninjaguy
September 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Nono, it uses the same tiles!
It's just whether people want it in or not, it's just plug and play really.

UltimateDillon
September 5th, 2012, 09:49 AM
yeah but say i wanted to use it and get the HGSS 3d effect, would i have to do the side tiles? i was considering it for my game

Crazyninjaguy
September 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Ah, yes you would.
Although I probably won't add H-Mode07, but it won't be that hard to integrate.

UltimateDillon
September 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Ah, yes you would.
Although I probably won't add H-Mode07, but it won't be that hard to integrate.

Well ill have a look at adding it into my game. although if it looks like it will take too long, i might wait until after the main game is complete.

Crazyninjaguy
September 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Small update today, I've made the windowskin and changed the text colours.
Doesn't look fantastic, i'll change it around a bit before the release though.

KingCharizard
September 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
good to see you're progressing steadily with this.. keep at it man.. I've also noticed the change with your site and I doubt i'll be joining again but good luck in the future CNG

Battin
September 6th, 2012, 04:21 AM

Wait, you want to work with R/S/E style tiles?
Or HGSS tiles? They are pretty, if you ask me.

Tell me the word and i'll edit the tilesets that i already have :)

Crazyninjaguy
September 6th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Whatever you've been working with is fine, I meant the style of the scripts more than anything :D

ppooookkkkkkk
September 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
or black and white tiles i have them made by ultimospriter

Battin
September 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Whatever you've been working with is fine, I meant the style of the scripts more than anything :D

Okay, i know what to do :cool:

poke-world
September 22nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
This starter kit looks really great. I simply cannot wait for its completion and release date.

Ihsman07
October 14th, 2012, 11:00 PM
How's the development coming along? I am super excited about experimenting with this. Been following the for a couple weeks and haven't seen any news on it lately o.o

KingCharizard
October 15th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Check out his site stormcross, you'd probably have to look there for more info. I also think i read him saying he would release the engine there two weeks before he releases it anywhere else.

WarriorOfLight
October 19th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Are you going to have a script to connect the maps, because if you event it the Caterpillar resets with all followers underneath the leader which will distort the fluency of the connection.

LionHeartGael
November 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hi, is there any progress in this project?

OrangeNess
November 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Hello! It is I, OrangeNess, telling you CNG, that your project looks boss and I'm gonna download it ASAP. Once it is released, I will download it. I love VX Ace its really easy to use and I've always wanted to make a Pokemon game with it!

WarriorOfLight
November 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Do you have any form of projection to the release of the Kit?

carmaniac
November 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Do you have any form of projection to the release of the Kit?

As he says every single time, he will do a release when he feels the kit is fine to be released.

SilverAbsol
November 21st, 2012, 05:01 AM
Can't wait for this to be released, I'm psyched to have a good reason to use RPGMaker VX.

Walter White
November 22nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hey Forum,
I am new here and this is my first post. However I am not new to the idea of creating a Pokemon game on RPG Maker. Over the years, I often tried to create a game like Pokemon on severel of the RPG Makers.
However I was young and unexperienced, so I never really got anywhere.
Recently, I downloaded the VX Ace and as always, the idea crossed my mind again. When I looked it up on the internet, I found this.
After I read the introduction, I got really interested. I was kind of disappointed though, that the kid has not been released yet, so I followed this threat for a while. A while turned into a year and I finally decided, that if it is really that much work I would like to help and be a part of it.
So I went through some RGSS Tutorials and Registered in this Forum.
Now I wanted to ask if this project is still alive and if so, I would like to know if you could use some help.

Volcanix769
December 1st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hey, I have a problem with the RPG Maker VX. Everytime I try to install it and when it does, I open it, and it says "The RPG Maker VX is not installed." Everytime I open that, so I uninstall, then reinstall, and it still says it. So I tried doing its .dll files to allow all the stuff to make it work, but it's still not working. I use Windows XP.

Dandalek
December 2nd, 2012, 04:54 AM
When will it be complete?

carmaniac
December 2nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
When will it be complete?

Never, project is dead. Sorry about that, but CNG is too busy to work on this.

Dandalek
December 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Why?
Can't you give us everything you have?

Or can you tell me where i can find another Pokémon for Vx Ace.
Because I only have Ace and i don'd want to buy XP only for Pokémon

Walter White
December 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Whats up with that? :O
I have to say, that I am a bit disappointed...
I mean, if you guys stopped working on in it again, for which ever reason it might be (and I bet that there is a lot of things more important in life, than creating a pokemon starter kit for rpgm), then why did you not at least upload it to how ever far you have gotten until now?
I mean after all this time there has to be sth you can work with right?
Looking through the posts of this forum, there seems to be a lot of people who would like to use it, even if its not complete. And maybe some of them are like me and would like to continue the work you already did.
This is the only starter kit for vx ace, that I could find. So I would really like to take a look at it.
Maybe if I say please?

Sincerely, Walter White

Crazyninjaguy
December 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Can I just point out here, that I have not stopped working on the kit, or cancelled it.
I've just been extremely busy with work, and having to code my website from scratch.

Sorry for not updating here, but I have been too busy!

@Carmaniac, I never said i'd stopped working on the kit, or cancelled it :L

Dandalek
December 9th, 2012, 11:23 PM
can you tell us about how long it will take you?
Will it be finished this year?

Crystal Noel
December 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
can you tell us about how long it will take you?
Will it be finished this year?

Once he gets the time to work on it and it is considered stable. As for this year who knows.

Faulted
December 17th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I am really looking forward to the release of this kit. :)

Dandalek
December 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Please release it allready ^^

Crystal Noel
December 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Please release it allready ^^
You have to have patience. You don't just release something that is not done. It's like releasing an RPGwith only half of the story dictated in the game.

DaSpirit
December 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM
You have to have patience. You don't just release something that is not done. It's like releasing an RPGwith only half of the story dictated in the game.
You know, it's called a demo and developers do that sometimes.

Crystal Noel
December 19th, 2012, 06:11 PM
You know, it's called a demo and developers do that sometimes.
I am refering to doing that and calling it a final product.

DemonCatLord
December 22nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
I'm relieved to know that this project is still being worked at. I look forward to creating a pokemon based game.

DOA_Hitomi
December 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I am still waiting to hear more about this Game Engine; It would be great if you made a Project Page for this on your Website.^^ lol

Imags
January 2nd, 2013, 02:36 AM
Hi, I just bought RPG Maker VX and I just have to tell you that I'm really looking forward to this!
Can you tell us something about the progress so far? Are you soon done? Will you give out a beta soon? I really want to start on creating a Pokémon game. :D

p.claydon
January 2nd, 2013, 06:28 AM
errr this is for rpg maker vx ace not rpg maker vx

KingCharizard
January 3rd, 2013, 03:12 AM
people are still waiting on this? Really? My advice is just stick with essentials and RMXP...

Imags
January 3rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
Sry, I mean't VX Ace of course. :)

fantasykisala
January 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
I just looked on his website and he had posted that it was dead but then he posted on here that it wasn't...I wonder which it is?

ThisWalterGUY
January 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I just looked on his website and he had posted that it was dead but then he posted on here that it wasn't...I wonder which it is?

I think, it is dead. The post on his website is newer than the post here.

Tayuya of the Sound Four
January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
newbie here :D
looking forward to this starter kit

You might never see it :/ seems like an RPGACE starter kit is just something that won't happen, all the projects get dropped..

PredatorX48
January 30th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Hi!
I am quite new cos I just joined now!

I am making a game with 6 friends called Pokémon Eternal Unity

I NEED THIS STARTER KIT AND I NEED IT NOW!!!

Crystal Noel
January 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Hi!

You can't just demand it. It won't speed up production.

carmaniac
January 31st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Hi!

No, you don't need this starter kit at all, you just want it, there's a big difference. Yeah you may be new and all, but seriously, cut the attitude, it will get you no where with this community, or at least what's left of it. Get RPG Maker XP, download the Pokémon essentials starter kit, can't afford RPG Maker XP? Then should've done research into game making before you rushed into buying VX Ace.

OrangeNess
February 27th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Let me just say, I'm supporting this project, dead or not. Keep going CNG!

chuckeddy
June 10th, 2013, 12:07 AM
we havent seen you in forever is this dead? sad been watching forever for it

Maruno
June 10th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Crazyninjaguy's last post in here was 6 months ago. Just assume it's dead until CNG says otherwise; there's no need to keep hanging on something when there's nothing being said about it.

There's no need to reply with "aww, that's a shame" or similar comments either. That's spam. Just leave this thread alone until Crazyninjaguy decides to come back.