PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Release Date Discussion [June 23 - Japan] [Q3 - Worldwide]

HyperXhydra
February 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Do you think the 3rd game will come this year or the after? Why? Will you get it immediately when it comes out? Do you think it'll come out at all? Discuss!

Trainer Dustin
February 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
It'll most likely come out this year

Forever
February 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Okay so we don't have a third game speculation thread anymore, and instead we're breaking it up untl one discussion per thread, considering what the person has replied I'm editing out the other two parts and making this concentrate just on the release date, adding a few more relevant questions. Just next time try to have just one meaning per thread, okay?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
I think It'll come out this year in Japan, considering the third version usually comes out around around the time of the second movie of it's gen...plus it's going to be two years since BW came out this September for Japan.

Khrysta
February 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Since this is the 10th Anniversary for Ruby and Sapphire, Next year or the year after. If they are keeping the 10 year thing the Third game can't come out this year or we'll have the Third and Remakes at the same time.

HyperXhydra
February 3rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Since this is the 10th Anniversary for Ruby and Sapphire, Next year or the year after. If they are keeping the 10 year thing the Third game can't come out this year or we'll have the Third and Remakes at the same time.
Well if they are planing releasing grey and R/S remakes at the same year, they will probably reveal the remakes early this year , Emerald was announced 2 months before it's release, Maybe they will reveal R/S remakes this month or march.

wombateiro
February 4th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I've got theory about this:
Third game is very likley to be released this September, basing on anime episodes.
We know that there are two different Opelucid City versions in Black and White. In third game there must be third version of this city, and one gym leader (maybe two of them at the same time).
The thing is new Opelucid and it's gym leader should be revealed first in third game and then in anime. It's the same like Juan was revealed first in Emerald and then in anime.
Since Ash will already have 6 badges very soon, he must get to Opelucid in this year, after release of third game.

I guess Hoenn wouldn't back in anime anymore, so R/S remakes might be released in this year before third version or in the beginning of 2013 because 5 gen anime is likely to end in 2013 meaning next gen of games in 2013.

HyperXhydra
February 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I guess Hoenn wouldn't back in anime anymore, so R/S remakes might be released in this year before third version or in the beginning of 2013 because 5 gen anime is likely to end in 2013 meaning next gen of games in 2013.
The next gen of games will be in 2014 not 2013, they make new generation every 4 years
also even if they finish the unova saga in the anime, they will probably do a season like the battle frontier in the advanced generation.

February 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Considering how quick they are going they proably will make a BF like arc, maybe the Unova frontier in Hoenn?
On topic: I also don't think this gen will be over until 2013 and start the of gen VI is 2014 for japan and 2015 for the rest of the world. The third version's release might also feature a Keldeo event like BW did with Victini. It can serve reference to the Kyurem and the Muskeeter movie...

Khrysta
February 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Considering how quick they are going they proably will make a BF like arc, maybe the Unova frontier in Hoenn?
On topic: I also don't think this gen will be over until 2013 and start the of gen VI is 2014 for japan and 2015 for the rest of the world. The third version's release might also feature a Keldeo event like BW did with Victini. It can serve reference to the Kyurem and the Muskeeter movie...

Cept Keldeo download is pretty much going to happen with the Musketeer's movie if its in it.

Also, while at work I saw that we were supposed to be getting a Wifi Download later this year. Corporate said it was an dated Promotion for Pokemon Black and White. There is something coming. My money is on Keldeo.

As for where the Anime is going, I can see a side arc during the main story after Opelucid City with Ash and Co. visiting the other half of Unova before the League. Like the Whirl Islands arc in Johto.

WishCookie
February 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Uhm, I think that the third game will be released as usual? We're waiting two years untill japan realese it in Europe/America. This year in japan and next year in the other regions and after that the R/S remakes will be released in year 2014 in Europe/America and after that we got a new generation.

wombateiro
February 5th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Even if there would be extra season based on Unova's BF and would be going until 2014, I still think it wouldn't be connected to Hoenn, because Unova is on different continent. What I mean is R/S remakes would be "anime independent", meaning their release anytime, kinda like FR/LG.

Anyway, that theory about third game and Opelucid in anime is pretty possible, don't you think?

Sodom
February 5th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I think if a release date hasn't been released by now, then the hopes for it coming out this year are very slim. I'd say next year - they can't leave it too long or nobody will care by the time it comes out lol. I will get it on its release date, as I do all Pokemon games... but I'm not really all that excited for it. I'm far more excited about the RSE Remakes, whenever they're happening. I'm kind of just looking forward to Pokemon Grey getting out of the way so that we can move onto the RSE Remakes :P

Xeberos
February 5th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I think it's coming end of this year in Japan. But I don't care about 3rd game because I'm waiting for R/S/E remakes but it is going to be interesting anyway.

HyperXhydra
February 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Anyway, that theory about third game and Opelucid in anime is pretty possible, don't you think?
Unless there won't be a new Gym leader in Opelucid, but I hope there will be.
If Kuyrem's new form doesn't appear this month, maybe R/S remakes would be first to come.

wombateiro
February 5th, 2012, 07:56 AM
If Kuyrem's new form doesn't appear this month, maybe R/S remakes would be first to come.

I didn't exactly mean new gym leader in Opelucid. I meant the whole style of this city. It's obvious that both Black's and White's versions of Opelucid can't appear in anime at the same time. There must be third version of Opelucid introduced in third game and later in anime. And because B/W anime goes so fast it all is very likely to happen in this year, meaning third version in this year too.

Kenshin5
February 5th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I've got theory about this:
Third game is very likley to be released this September, basing on anime episodes.
We know that there are two different Opelucid City versions in Black and White. In third game there must be third version of this city, and one gym leader (maybe two of them at the same time).
The thing is new Opelucid and it's gym leader should be revealed first in third game and then in anime. It's the same like Juan was revealed first in Emerald and then in anime.
Since Ash will already have 6 badges very soon, he must get to Opelucid in this year, after release of third game.

The writers can easily plug in a bunch of things to do between now and then, although it's doubtful due to the pacing we are at right now.

If they want Hoenn back they can certainly write it back in if they wish like they did with Kanto Battle Frontier. Dawn is there so they may meet up with her. Although I think they may explore East Unova for a good deal of time.

As for the actually game whether it's the Third Game or RS Remake I have a feeling it will be released this year. I just think they should probably start coverage around March, April, May.

P0kelegend
February 5th, 2012, 07:52 PM

This is what Im thinking.

New formes/pokemon are almost always revealed in February, and it's pretty much a guarantee Keldeo will be announced in Coro Coro this month, so if they reveal Kyurem's new forme along with it then it's pretty much certain Gray will be coming out this year. If we don't get a new Kyurem forme revealed, it'll start making me think the R/S remakes would be released this year.

I'd rather have the RS remakes released this year, and then Gray released the year after.

Lewny
February 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I hope it does just because there a chance of it being 3D :P

HyperXhydra
February 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Well I think it would be released in 17-18 September so it would be 2 year anniversary
for B/W if they keep the same pattern, am I the only one who wants R/S remakes to come after?...

wombateiro
February 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
If they won't reveal Kyurem's new form on final movie 15 poster, do you think they would reveal it right before movie on single poster, like Shaymin's new form or maybe reveal it in movie 16, next year?
Imo Kyurem is too important to have new form excluded from final poster, but what's your opinion?
Final posters are usually revealed in the beginning of March, while "cast" is revealed earlier in Corocoro and current Corocoro seems to have nothing new about Kyurem.
So maybe it's true that new Kyurem's form and Gray will be revealed in 2013? That means R/S remakes in this year.
Gray in 2013 would be a bit unfitting for anime, especially with Opelucid City, but screw that XD.

February 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
What if we get no new main game this year...and Grey is in 2013, while they decide to do an Emerald remake for 2014 (for then year anniversity) or maybe the remakes will be first for tenth anniversity this year...

MrGriszell
February 13th, 2012, 06:05 PM
What if we get no new main game this year...and Grey is in 2013, while they decide to do an Emerald remake for 2014 (for then year anniversity) or maybe the remakes will be first for tenth anniversity this year...

If they only do an emerald remake I would like it released with grey and have interwoven stories. What would be awesome is if you can transfer your characters between games.

rocky505
February 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM
September or October 2012 for Japan, March or April 2013 For everywhere else.

HyperXhydra
February 14th, 2012, 05:28 AM
There's going to be another surprise information in march, probably announcement of a new form, then at the end of the month we would know about the 3rd game's name which will be revealed in Corocoro in April or May.

Hoenn
February 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM
The title really got my hopes up..

I'd expect a release date anywhere between Mid 2012 & Fall 2012 so May-September.

Lord_Sesshoumaru
February 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
My bet on the 3rd game release is later this year around the fall season in japan. I remember the 3rd gen games being released on Nov 2002 in Japan then the Emerald Version being released on Sep 2004, nearly 2 years after the release of R/S and I think it goes the same with the 4th gen games with Platinum. B/W were released on Sep 2010 so in my opinion we'll start to get details of the 3rd game sometime around summer this year and the game released on Nov 2012 in Japan.

wombateiro
February 17th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I posted before theory about third game release depending on anime episodes but I'm not sure about it now...

R/S remakes might be released in this year because of event Pokemon.
HG/SS probably were released after Platinum because of Arceus event. Arceus didn't have real event in D/P/Pt because it was suitable to be put in Ruins of Alph in HG/SS.

Imo situation like this can't be repeated in 5 gen simply because we know that all hidden 5 gen's Pokemon have already their events prepared in Unova. Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect - none of them would be suitable to be put in another region (Hoenn), like Arceus was (Johto).
What I mean is they should release R/S remakes in 2012 and Gray in 2013 if they want to use Meloetta and Genesect for future movies' and Gray's promotion because those two would have nothing to do with R/S remakes' promotion.

miltankRancher
February 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
i doubt teh third game will come this year, or even next year. Usually, before the release of the third game, a remake will be made first, and some spin-off series. so far we have just seen one spin-off on the DS, and it is not yet also released. Also remake Gen III has not yet shown clues as of its existence. If the third game will be released, I am thinking summer of 2014.

February 17th, 2012, 06:25 PM
i doubt teh third game will come this year, or even next year. Usually, before the release of the third game, a remake will be made first, and some spin-off series. so far we have just seen one spin-off on the DS, and it is not yet also released. Also remake Gen III has not yet shown clues as of its existence. If the third game will be released, I am thinking summer of 2014.
Well HgSs was released after Platinum so...
Also I see signs of the third game being this year seeing how Kyurem has it's own movie. Also we have had three spin off's so far, Pokepark, Rumble II, and Pokemon+Nobimura's ambitions (abit this one not released), I know that only one is for the Ds (2 if you count the 3ds) but still.
Also next month's Corocoro said they had a surprise beyond Keldeo, my guess is the other Kyurem forme and possibly even Gray's announcement.

Khrysta
February 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Well HgSs was released after Platinum so...
Also I see signs of the third game being this year seeing how Kyurem has it's own movie. Also we have had three spin off's so far, Pokepark, Rumble II, and Pokemon+Nobimura's ambitions (abit this one not released), I know that only one is for the Ds (2 if you count the 3ds) but still.
Also next month's Corocoro said they had a surprise beyond Keldeo, my guess is the other Kyurem forme and possibly even Gray's announcement.

Adding Fourth and Fifth if the Red Camp and Blue Camp isn't just a rumor~

Though I don't think that the next Coro Coro will be about Kyurem, the movie seems more centered on the Muskedeers than the Dragon. We'll prolly get surprise info on another game or another event that'll be going along side the movie or even afterwards.

February 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Well just cause it's centered more on the muskeeter's doesn't mean that Grey isn't coming, remember Destiny Deoxys, Rayquaza wasn't even the main focus yet a few months after it's released Emerald came out...
Also the surprise is related to the movie but isn't Keldeo making me thing it's Kyurem related which if true will semi-confirm the third version coming out this year.

BryGuy Shinigami
February 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
In my opinion, I think it's coming out in September 2012 in Japan and March 2013 in The Americas, Europe, and Australia/ New Zealand. I hope it does, I also hope it's called Gray or Grey.

wombateiro
February 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
If Gray would be released in 2012 and R/S remakes in 2013, how would they make promotion of R/S remakes using Meloetta or Genesect? They have events already in Unova, so putting them in remakes' Hoenn seems very unlikely, even illogical.
Looking at that from that perspective it seems that movie 15 would be promoting B/W, not Gray, because it looks like they are focusing on Kyurem's evil nature, presented in B/W. Remember that Rayquaza and Giratina had no story in R/S and D/P, while Kyurem has some story in B/W worth showing in movie.
Imo it would make sense to present Kyurem's new form and better nature in movie 16 in 2013, followed by release of Gray. And because of lack of third Unova's game in 2012, release R/S remakes, it would also fit with R/S 10th anniversary.

HyperXhydra
February 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
If Gray would be released in 2012 and R/S remakes in 2013, how would they make promotion of R/S remakes using Meloetta or Genesect? They have events already in Unova, so putting them in remakes' Hoenn seems very unlikely, even illogical.
Looking at that from that perspective it seems that movie 15 would be promoting B/W, not Gray, because it looks like they are focusing on Kyurem's evil nature, presented in B/W. Remember that Rayquaza and Giratina had no story in R/S and D/P, while Kyurem has some story in B/W worth showing in movie.
Imo it would make sense to present Kyurem's new form and better nature in movie 16 in 2013, followed by release of Gray. And because of lack of third Unova's game in 2012, release R/S remakes, it would also fit with R/S 10th anniversary.
The 3rd games always get released 2 years after the first 2 versions just wait, we'll get Kyurem's new form by a few months, it could the next month actually, then after that Grey's announcment comes in April.

wombateiro
February 18th, 2012, 06:56 AM
The 3rd games always get released 2 years after the first 2 versions just wait, we'll get Kyurem's new form by a few months, it could the next month actually, then after that Grey's announcment comes in April.

Not always, Crystal got released one year after. Releasing third game after two years is not the rule, it was just the most convenient time in 1, 3 and 4 gens.
I'm not saying Gray is impossible in this year but it really would make more sense for Gray to be released in 2013, looking at those event Pokemon.

February 18th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Not really, as I said before if Rs remakes are released first than Kyurem's other forme would be exclusive to only Grey...which will be disappointing...
Also they could always do what they did with HgSs and Arceus ,and FrLg and Deoxys...notice a pattern? Genosect in MRAS?!

Tachikaze
February 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Going by previous releases, it should either be released in February-March, or in September. Seeing as it's already February, If there's any hope for a third game coming out in 2012, it'll be this September. Although I doubt it.

wombateiro
February 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Also they could always do what they did with HgSs and Arceus ,and FrLg and Deoxys...notice a pattern? Genosect in MRAS?!

Since Genesect is connected to Unova and has event prepared already, I'm not sure about it. Even if they would put Genesect in R/S remakes, how would they do that?

Hoenn
February 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I would be thrilled if in next months Coro Coro a third game was announced, its a reasonable time for it.

February 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Since Genesect is connected to Unova and has event prepared already, I'm not sure about it. Even if they would put Genesect in R/S remakes, how would they do that?

True but Arceus had one planned for DP too...one that was never carried out...until PtHgSs.
Who knows maybe they put Genosect in Hoenn after it was scraped by N... besides they put the regis (well this somewhat justified due to regigigas) and the legendary birds in Pt...so...
Basically event pokemon aren't reliable indicator's to what will come next.

I too believe the third version is over due...besides every third version mascot (except Kanto's) have had their version come out after the second movie of it's generation.

Oshakpop
February 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Gray is the most likely. I guarantee it.

For Gen IV:
D&P: Sep 2006
Spinoffs: 2007--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--
Platinum: Sep 2008
HGSS: Sep 2009
B&W: Sep 2010

So far for Gen V
Spinoffs: 2011--OVERALL YEAR GAP OF MAIN SERIES GAMES--

So I bet
Grey: Sep 2012 - Main Event: Kyurem
MRAS: Sep 2013 - Main Event: Meloetta
GenVI: Sep 2014

Genesect: No ingame events used, similar to Arceus. Distributed through the 16TH film in 2013.

wombateiro
February 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
True but Arceus had one planned for DP too...one that was never carried out...until PtHgSs.

But there is a difference between official Arceus' event in D/P/Pt and Genesect's in B/W.
Official Arceus' event in D/P/Pt was never carried out because it required Azure Flute which was never released. In that way they saved Arceus for HG/SS promotion.
For Genesect event in B/W all that is needed is only Genesect itself. So there is no way this event won't be carried out. I guess that Genesect would appear in movie 16 in 2013 and it will be distributed for Gray released in the same year. All the same could happen also to Meloetta.

P0kelegend
February 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I doubt Gray will be announced yet, if anything, Coro Coro will announce a forme for Kyurem. Main Games usually get revealed in April-May, ESPECIALLY when they have the mascot in a movie.

Hoenn
February 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM

For Gen IV:

So far for Gen V

So I bet

Genesect: No ingame events used, similar to Arceus. Distributed through the 16TH film in 2013.

This ^

It will most likely happen like that.

Oshakpop
February 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I thought that Gray would be announced next month.. but now I'm thinking that yes, it will be April 15ths issue of CoroCoro.. opposed to next months.

February 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I agree too, Grey will proably be announced this spring. If I remember right Platinum was announced around that time too.

Mechanic
February 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I place my bet on this year around autumn or so :) Reason being that it will be the perfect timing since in autumn... Many big name games are coming out for 3DS, Pokemon can't be left out.

If it wont be the 3rd game, then i'm just 99.99% sure there will be a new Pokemon game in Autumn!

Raichupacabra
February 19th, 2012, 05:02 PM
They will most likely release a new form for Kyurem sometime in spring. The Kyurem form may tie in with the movie. By the end of spring or the beginning of summer, the new game will be announced. Then there will be a lot of announcements from then until the game's release in autumn. The game will be released internationally during the spring of 2013.

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I posted that none of Unova's event Pokemon would have connection with another region, but I think now that Keldeo could appear in Hoenn, most likely meaning R/S remakes in 2012 and Gray in 2013.

Pokedex entry: "It crosses the world, running over the surfaces of oceans and rivers. It appears at scenic waterfronts."

Keldeo's legend says that it left the forest, and went for a journey, looking for adventures. So maybe it ran over the ocean to Hoenn? That would be similar situation to d'Artagnan's (Keldeo's counterpart) who traveled from home region to another in France. There are also lots of scenic waterfronts in Hoenn, in which Keldeo appears.
So maybe R/S remakes are going to be released this year, with catchable Keldeo? I guess Meloetta and/or Genesect would be left for Gray's promotion in 2013, because I can't think of any good reason for them to be in Hoenn, not as good as for Keldeo.

One more thing: Deoxys had first official event in FR/LG and it's sprite colors were most red and green in that games! Arceus had event in HG/SS and it's golden and gray (silver)! And Keldeo has red and blue mane, obviously fitting to Ruby and Sapphire. Also it has green neck and tail in shiny form fitting to Emerald.

HyperXhydra
February 20th, 2012, 05:54 AM
During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing. Despite this, however, the summary and trailer of that episode of Pokémon Smash makes no mention of any sort of announcement. We'll bring news on these developments as and when they happen so be sure to keep checking back.

I think a new main game announcement is coming soon.

Hoenn
February 20th, 2012, 06:12 AM
May be sooner than we think then according to Serebii's article.

Forever
February 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Well it would make sense to announce the third game now but idk 2 years after Black and White is kinda soon... Then again idk plat's timeslot lol.

Hoenn
February 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
It's most likely going to get announced then have a japanese release date for later this year then a worldwide release for end of the year or early next year marking the 2 year gap from BW, that's how it usually goes anyhow.

HyperXhydra
February 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Well it would make sense to announce the third game now but idk 2 years after Black and White is kinda soon... Then again idk plat's timeslot lol.
2 years is really enough I mean It's been a long time since B/W, I don't how do you feel it's still soon :/

Yeah I think they will reveal it sooner than April or May.

BTW does anyone Know on what day Pokemon smash is coming?

Hoenn
February 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
It's perfect timing actually... any later and it would begin to tie in with R/S Remakes and/or Gen VI.

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 08:32 AM
BTW does anyone Know on what day Pokemon smash is coming?

It's always on Sunday morning in Japan, which means it will be Saturday in Europe and US time zones. Hopefully it's not hyped up for nothing important.

Gleam Noiyam
February 20th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Well, that's a good question. Depends on when the information starts to get leaked. If information is leaked in the summer, then November 18, 2012. And everywhere else? March 6, 2013.

Oshakpop
February 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I don't think Masuda would tell us to watch Pokémon Smash this Sunday as an answer to "when are the next main series games coming" if it wasn't the announcement, or isn't a teaser to the announcement (meaning they will announce a teaser this week, official reveal next week")

HyperXhydra
February 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Maybe the new Kyurem's form will be revealed in Sunday, which is related to the 3rd game, that's why, but I hope I'm wrong, I want a new main game announcment.

Khrysta
February 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I don't think Masuda would tell us to watch Pokémon Smash this Sunday as an answer to "when are the next main series games coming" if it wasn't the announcement, or isn't a teaser to the announcement (meaning they will announce a teaser this week, official reveal next week")

Except....the quote says there were no hints to the new Pokemon game hinted by Junichi.

During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing. Despite this, however, the summary and trailer of that episode of Pokémon Smash makes no mention of any sort of announcement. We'll bring news on these developments as and when they happen so be sure to keep checking back.

Its a sad thing, but in truth its a double play. He cannot legally tell anyone a simple yes or no, nor can he leave a hint that suggests either. What he said was completely neutral. He said you'll have to watch the show and see, then the synopsis for the show is provided and no announcement, hint of the announcement, or even signs that they are aware that they are supposed to give an announcement was shown in the synopsis. With shows like that, they have to have everything they are talking about during the time they are rolling in the synopsis.

The summary and trailer not having it is a sign that there may not be an announcement. Junichi was only saying that to protect his spot in his company.

If this interview happened on a Saturday in Japan, then it happened on Friday for us in the US meaning the Sunday Pokemon Smash episode already played. Right now its very hard to see where he is talking about due to time difference. From what I'm reading all the events have already happened.

February 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Well the events haven't already happened if it was talking about this week 20-26 even in Japan rather than last week...and if so that gives us less than a week to Speculate...
@Foever Grey is over due, besides Platinum came out two years after Dp, same with Emerald after RS (well they had remakes inbetween but still).

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Masuda was definitely talking about this week, check this Japanese page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5899979.html&ei=WJNCT5THKoLltQbpuf3GBA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CCwQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E3%2583%259D%25E3%2582%25B1%25E3%2583%25A2%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2582%25B9%25E3%2583%259E%25E3%2583%2583%25E3%2582%25B7%25E3%2583%25A52012%25E5%25B9%25B42%25E6%259C%258826%25E6%2597%25A5%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26prmd%3Dimvns

Khrysta
February 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
You mean Next week's.

This week's sunday passed.

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
You mean Next week's.

This week's sunday passed.

When I said this week, I meant the week which is now, lol.

February 20th, 2012, 11:24 AM
There better be something...I'm tired of getting my hopes up and then finding out it's another spin off...
Also maybe they will only announce the title and save the mascot imo Kyurem's other forme, for Corocoro. Also maybe it's a surprise announcement...
It could also be the remakes if not Grey...

Hoenn
February 20th, 2012, 12:12 PM
So this Sunday we might hear of Pokémon Gray... that's what I'm hoping for.

Khrysta
February 20th, 2012, 12:18 PM
When I said this week, I meant the week which is now, lol.

So then the Pokemon Smash Show has already Played then Cause its Tuesday in Japan.

Also, keep in mind that Gamefreak has Trademarked Pokemon Adventure Camp. This could very well be a new type of Main Game.

Oshakpop
February 20th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Well for HeartGold SoulSilver the logos were released when the game was announced, the covers were released the following month.

Same for Black and White.. and probably the same for the previous games.

So I'm thinking: Gray/Grey announced this Sunday. First details released.

Kyurems forme released in CoroCoro in March 15ths issue.. news of a big game announcement in the following issue.

April 15ths issue includes official Japanese boxart, release date, and details of the game.

But.. thats if it's about Grey at all. While I personally beleive it's most likely Grey if any game, it's not completely likely.

February 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
So then the Pokemon Smash Show has already Played then Cause its Tuesday in Japan.

Also, keep in mind that Gamefreak has Trademarked Pokemon Adventure Camp. This could very well be a new type of Main Game.

I think he means the 25th which is this week...
Oh right forgot about those...maybe they're the new Stadium, Colleseum, Battle revolution. Kind of strange as he the person asked about the next main series game not the next game...but then again Bulbapedia considers Stadium,ect. as part of the main series so they might too...

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Masuda was asked precisely about B/W successor. So it's almost obvious his answer was about Gray or R/S remakes because they all would be the same type of game. Because of that Stadium series or Adventure Camp (it's not even sure what it'll be) even considered as main games, are out of question. They can't be answered as B/W successor because they are different types of games.

February 20th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Good point, missed that, so it must be Grey or Crimsonruby and Indigosapphire...
My bet is on Grey due to the Movie (the rest of the trio isn't present sure, but neither was The entire weather trio in Destiny Deoxys or even the Creation trio with Giratina and sky bouquet Shaymin (palkia was missing)).

P0kelegend
February 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Madusa was asked specifically about the Black & White sequel, so it wont be the R/S remakes. Also, he is talking about the Pokemon Smash episode which will air February 26th in Japan. Then on twitter he said:
"Please watch next week's Pokemon Smash live or check my Twitter!"

February 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I was about to add that to my post xD
Anyways, yeah it can't be the remakes due to it being the Sequel to Bw (anyways RS is more of a Prequel due to taking place sometime before DPPt).
Oh twitter, well that'll be nice for those of us who can't see Pokemon Smash live.

wombateiro
February 20th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Madusa was asked specifically about the Black & White sequel, so it wont be the R/S remakes.

Even though R/S remakes can't be considered as B/W sequel, they still would be modified versions of B/W, so they are all related and wanted by players. Masuda knows that, so he didn't exactly hinted if sequel is going to he released first or not. Both third version and remakes have equal chances to be released first.

P0kelegend
February 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Even though R/S remakes can't be considered as B/W sequel, they still would be modified versions of B/W, so they are all related and wanted by players. Masuda knows that, so he didn't exactly hinted into sequel or remakes. Both third version and remakes have equal chances to be released first.

I was going to edit my post since I thought about that but you replied first anyway lol, so yeah I agree.

Either way, I think we'll get something on Pokemon Smash. I have a feeling it'll just be the announcement that a new game will be announced on the next episode or something like that.. since Im sure that if they were going to reveal a new game they would have had it in the episode synopsis unless this was a last minute thing after the synopsis for the episode was released.

If it is revealed, its VERY early. Usually games are revealed in May, and released in September. Makes me think Japan may get the game earlier than September possibly.

February 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Even though R/S remakes can't be considered as B/W sequel, they still would be modified versions of B/W, so they are all related and wanted by players. Masuda knows that, so he didn't exactly hinted if sequel is going to he released first or not. Both third version and remakes have equal chances to be released first.
Well not really, there's a higher chance for Grey being first right now due to it's potential mascot having a movie coming out this year...
True but somehow I get the feeling that they were talking about the third version when they said "Sequel".

HyperXhydra
February 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Well if it's about the 3rd game, I think they will reveal the name first with some informations about the mascot, then in Corocoro March or April they will reveal some pics about it and other new features stuff.

Forever
February 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
If it is revealed, its VERY early. Usually games are revealed in May, and released in September. Makes me think Japan may get the game earlier than September possibly.

Well Black and White was announced @ like feb 2010, it's HGSS that was announced in May ;x but still I think it's kinda early because we havent had Genesect etc yet which is probs my main reason, lol.

Imo I think theyre too busy being excited about their new spinoffs rn considering there are so many at once.

Kenshin5
February 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I thought that BW was announced April 2010 from what I remember. I don't see the issue with releasing now in terms of pokemon. Shaymin wasn't released until a few months before Plat and Arceus until a year after. So I can see Meloetta and Genesect being either movie events next year or have downloadable events or event items once the game is out.

Yeah it seems their main focus atm is Pokemon + Nobunagas Ambition. So after they are done in development of that I can see them putting most of their efforts toward either of the main series games.

Forever
February 20th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Oh, gen five was announced @ feb and bw specifically then. Same thing imo :3

Well the issue with event pokemon is that they have planned in-game events in bw and I don't see them releasing events for bw while third game is released :(

Hoenn
February 21st, 2012, 04:47 AM
We're getting something tomorrow that is more likely to be a third game than remakes, it just fits the corresponding and on-going pattern over the last few years.

February 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
I was about to say that. Also Pokesmash is always beaten by something when it comes to releasing news on the games, so the Nintendo Direct event might ninja it with announcing Gray *wishes on Jiranchi*.

Noel Kreiss
February 21st, 2012, 12:01 PM
We will get official announcements in Pokemon Smash on their next show. I got Pokemon White and Black and it's obvious that there will be a 3rd game coming.

Khrysta
February 21st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Just to put in...it was also obvious they'd add Light Types and that the Evolutions were fake.

Unless you work for Gamefreak, nothing is absolute, nothing is certain. Don't guarantee, don't say that it absolutely will be just cause. That always backfires. It could be Third Game, it could be new remakes, it could be Adventure Camp, it could be another large spin off, or it could be another Stadium.

It could be an event for Black and White for a Pokemon that isn't related to the movie. Look at the last "Big and Exciting Announcement" they had when it turned out to be a Mewtwo Event.

February 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
The Nintendo Direct game could also not be a Pokemon game...it could be a new Zelda game, there was one rumored in the works so we might not get Grey announced.
Also to be fair the evolution thing was a tough call cause someone drew the first image we got from memory or at least that's how I remember it...A better example is Luvdisc' "Evolution"...I think every one was tricked by that...

Though I'm pretty confident that we will get some sort of announcement soon enough.

bwburke94
February 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
It's coming no later than Dec 2012 in Japan, and not because of the end-of-the-world stuff. The longest gap between two releases in Japan is 2 years, as it is for us English speakers, so having two straight years with no releases would break this trend.

Hoenn
February 21st, 2012, 05:09 PM
The Nintendo Direct game could also not be a Pokemon game...it could be a new Zelda game, there was one rumored in the works so we might not get Grey announced.
Also to be fair the evolution thing was a tough call cause someone drew the first image we got from memory or at least that's how I remember it...A better example is Luvdisc' "Evolution"...I think every one was tricked by that...

Though I'm pretty confident that we will get some sort of announcement soon enough.

I'm pretty sure it would be Pokémon related considering it was announced at a Pokémon conference. I really don't know what to expect, I'm assuming for a third game but like I say... Nintendo are unpredictable sometimes.

February 21st, 2012, 06:11 PM
Oh it was? Well then that leaves the third version, Remakes, or Club Red and Club Blue... considering it's one game that leaves out the other two unless they only plan to release one remake...
Plus everything is adding up, Kyurem movie + hint of third version in the next Pokemon smash + two years since BW's release in Japan = Third version?

P0kelegend
February 21st, 2012, 07:42 PM
This news comes just as the PSVita is being officially launched in NA. Seems like they will announce something big to hopefully get peoples eyes off the PSVita and onto the 3DS, so it very well may be something big like Gray.

Kaori
February 22nd, 2012, 03:19 AM
I'm pretty sure it would be Pokémon related considering it was announced at a Pokémon conference. I really don't know what to expect, I'm assuming for a third game but like I say... Nintendo are unpredictable sometimes.
& I'd like to expect Nintendo to be unexpected, and give us some kind of surprise. :P

All this speculation makes me want to find out the release date for a third game and/or another mainstream game even more.

I also agree with P0kelegend and Forever though, it really does seem early. n_n If they're waiting for the other Pokémon we haven't gotten to be released for the third game I guess that would make sense but. :(

February 22nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Well for us outside of japan it seems early cause it still hasn't been a whole year since we've gotten Bw but for the Japanese fan's it's been a long time... almost one year and a half, september will match the second year anniversity so why non release Grey in September? And if not Grey than the remakes at least...

Hoenn
February 22nd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Unless they plan to announce it now, wait till a September release for Japan and a March release for the rest of the world, that would cover either the two year gap or the ten year anniversary for both whether it be a third game or a remake.

February 22nd, 2012, 04:56 AM
After the nintendo event not revealing Grey I don't think that Pokemon Smash will either...maybe they'll reveal a hint but my hopes aren't high.
Also my guess for a Japanese release will be around the first week of September.
Sigh, waiting for Grey is like it was waiting for gen V pokémon to be revealed, a very long time with a lot of hope's being broken...

Hoenn
February 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
once it got kind of into the talk I was kind of expecting nothing, Pokémon Smash may reveal something but if they don't it's only a matter of time really.

Mentalii
February 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
And in Europa I think we won't have it before a really long time...
That is a thing I can't bear with Pokémon, they are so much long to release the games here that I always fear not to "love" Pokémon anymore when the game is released, while in the present moment I would absolutely want it.

HyperXhydra
February 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
I hope they don't lie to us in Pokemon smash by announcing nothing or another Spin off,
but I don't think they are gonna make R/S remakes in the same year as Grey.
Now it's time for the 3rd game to be getting revealed!

February 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
If they don't reveal the third version this month than they will most likely release it after Nobumura's ambition + Pokemon comes out, so that they can focus on the third version.

Khrysta
February 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I hope they don't lie to us in Pokemon smash by announcing nothing or another Spin off,
but I don't think they are gonna make R/S remakes in the same year as Grey.
Now it's time for the 3rd game to be getting revealed!
They can't lie if they never said that they were going to be hints at Grey/Remakes. Last time they have a "Huge and shocking" announcement, it was for the Event Mewtwo. People asked to the Sequel to the games, but that has multiple meanings depending on how its read. Sequel that is apparently wanted is Game Directly after Black and White, but this may not be the case.

Gold/Silver were the Sequel to Red and Blue. This shows a difference between possibilities. It can also be read as what is the next game in the line up. Pokemon Adventure Camp is the ONLY other title KNOWN to be owned by Gamefreak and is a possible game title. There is a high chance that this is the target of Pokemon Smash.

If they don't reveal the third version this month than they will most likely release it after Nobumura's ambition + Pokemon comes out, so that they can focus on the third version.
If Gray or the Remakes aren't announced before Nobunaga, I'd stop holding it so highly. They shouldn't be pushing back the info this much and at the rate we are going we possibly won't get any word of them until June or July.

P0kelegend
February 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Im really not sure whats going to happen on Pokemon Smash, but Im definitely not going to get my hopes up now after all the previous disappointments. I really doubt they would announce the game on Pokemon smash, so maybe it is a silhouette of Kyurem's new forme which is pretty much a confirmation of a new game anyway.

It just seems too early for them to announce it, I dont see an announcement for the actual game until April at the earliest.

Kaori
February 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
I don't think they'll announce another spin off, it just seems highly unlikely since the one they've been discussing hasn't even been released yet. If Pokémon Smash does decide to announce the spin off that we already know about, well, I don't think I'd be that surprised.

Though no matter how much we try and guess the possible date for a third game it's all left in the mystery and we just have to wait. Though if Pokémon Smash doesn't bring up a third game OR remakes, I'd say we'd probably get something like that later on, could be months or another year. If RS remakes are announced instead, I'd probably bet Gray wouldn't come until next year.

February 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Which ever one doesn't come this year will proably comeout next year like HgSs after Pt (which were being developed during the same time).
Also we aren't even sure if Camp Red and Camp Blue are games...they could be TGC decks or maybe Nintendo is just trade marking them like they did with Pokemon Crimson, Grey, and Brown...

Hopefully it'll get announced next month in Corocoro if not on Pokesmash. It's likely imo that there won't be an announcement, why would Pokemon decide to release their new game in a show when they could've revealed it in Today's Nintendo Direct Event... Also Corocoro tends to be the first to reveal the new games.

Ps: Does anyone know when the next corocoro issue will be out?

P0kelegend
February 24th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Next Coro Coro should leak somewhere between March 9th - March 14th. Usually leaks around the 9th - 15th every month.

Coro Coro ALWAYS hypes game announcements though, and whenever they are revealing a main series game they ALWAYS call it "Pocket Monsters" instead of "Pokemon". So if Coro Coro says they are going to unveil a new "Pocket Monsters" game, you can bet that it's a main game.

Masuda just tweeted this (I used Google Translate):
Cha has said! ! ! Smash Pokemon Sunday the 26th! This appeared to Masuda! ! Announcement will be broadcast so very serious, please do not miss it absolutely! ! This, to spread RT or blog everyone! ! ! Please! ! ! I want you to everyone!

Is he trying to see he will appear on the show when he says 'This appeared to Masuda'? But either way, hes starting to really hype up the announcement. We better not be getting trolled again. I hope its news on a main game!

OK, he is actually appearing. This is from his blog:

News is very important! ! !

Be broadcast on TV Tokyo series (Sunday) from 7:30 am February 26, 2012

Pokemon to smash, Masuda will appear! ! ! However,,,

What! ! ! So,,,

Since the announcement very serious,
Please do not miss it absolutely! ! !

Please see the live broadcast on everyone! ! !

And, to those who can not see is,,,
Masuda will shed the same information as the TV immediately after the broadcast on Twitter! ! !

Everyone, please look forward to Ne! ! ! ! !

He's actually appearing. Im trying not to get my hopes up, but my hopes are up now. Definitely sounds like something relating to game news.

Hoenn
February 24th, 2012, 03:35 AM

Is he trying to see he will appear on the show when he says 'This appeared to Masuda'? But either way, hes starting to really hype up the announcement. We better not be getting trolled again. I hope its news on a main game!

He's actually appearing. Im trying not to get my hopes up, but my hopes are up now. Definitely sounds like something relating to game news.

After seeing this, I'm slightly more excited for Pokémon Smash on Sunday!

Oshakpop
February 24th, 2012, 04:46 AM
This is one of four things:

- New main series game announcement
- New movie news
- Kyurems forme reveal
- Something completely not to get excited about.

Of course I hope it's the first. Then it will be just over two weeks until we get more stuff from CoroCoro, which is why the announcement would be the end of Feb.

HyperXhydra
February 24th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Well after reading this I think this time is definitely about a main game or the new form of Kyurem.

February 24th, 2012, 07:49 AM
It does seem to signal something...there's already enough spinoff out so maybe it is a third version announcement...it could also just be the announcing Kyurem's other forme silhouette and not show it off until next week...since Kyurem having another forme will hint at the third version coming soon.
Now I can't wait until tommorow...

Oryx
February 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Masuda is the best, seriously. He's so social and helpful and communicative with fans :)))

I don't think it's the third game though, at least not this week. Just because they would hype the show much more than this imo if it was the third game, more than just a tweet/blog and an offhanded comment in an interview. I could see this "announcing the announcement" as someone else mentioned though, talking about how they're going to announce something SUPER GREAT on the next show and then revealing it there.

Hoenn
February 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
True, he said a Huge Announcement so surely he wouldn't let his fans down.

Forever
February 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Masuda is the best, seriously. He's so social and helpful and communicative with fans :)))

I don't think it's the third game though, at least not this week. Just because they would hype the show much more than this imo if it was the third game, more than just a tweet/blog and an offhanded comment in an interview. I could see this "announcing the announcement" as someone else mentioned though, talking about how they're going to announce something SUPER GREAT on the next show and then revealing it there.

Nah, I'd say due to it saying announcement being srs... unless they're announcing that it's the end of Pokemon I really think it's the third game. ;x Idk I don't think he'd do that to his fans... XD;

Oryx
February 24th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Well the company > one person, if the company wants to hype this no matter what it is then Masuda has to follow their orders because that's his job. Even if he is on top, he still has to answer to the overall wishes of the company, which might be "hype this spinoff/event". The closest comparison we have is Platinum, how did that one work as far as being announced/hyped?

Rei Shingetsu
February 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I have not been back for so long and the greatest news I've seen is this!

Really excited and I hope to see really good news!

DialgaPrime
February 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM

For Gen IV:

So far for Gen V

So I bet

I have a question what is MRAS? I have never heard of this abbreviation.

Hoenn
February 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I have a question what is MRAS? I have never heard of this abbreviation.

MRAS is the abbreviation for RS remakes assuming they get those titles (Magma Ruby & Aqua Sapphire)

February 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
A less than an hour until the announcement! I hope it's Grey!
MRAS stands for...well look at my user name...those are the speculated remakes.

Oshakpop
February 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
If the new movie poster is real, it's very unlikely that the announcement is Grey, but the two Kyurem formes.

February 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah and that hints that Grey's announcement is soon to follow, or maybe he announces the new forme with the new game's version name together. By the way if it's true than the third game has a short chance of being call Pokemon Opal as opals can be white and black and have multiple colors...
Though I'm sticking with Grey...

xSkullKing16x
February 25th, 2012, 02:28 PM
When are they announcing the game/news or whatever?

February 25th, 2012, 02:32 PM
When are they announcing the game/news or whatever?
Today in Poke smash which has just now started. Serebii also just posted an unconfirmed movie poster with Kyurem's alternate forme which hints to Grey coming out soon...

Oshakpop
February 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Ok I take that back. They confirmed in english that a NEW POKÉMON GAME WILL BE REVEALED TODAY!

It's all adding up - It has to be Grey/Opal!

February 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Oh awesome! Finally our wait has payed off! By the way is it me or is this gen going by fast? Next year's remakes...then the year after that comes Gen VI...in Japan of course...

It's quite strange that it comes out in June of this year...but that means we should get it here by december :D!

February 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I think they will be full blown sequel's...at least that's the impression I'm getting from the 2 in the titles...
So now the game came out 1 and a half year after Bw...could that games will be coming out in June in Japan from now on?

Yes they finally are in their corresponding colors...

Also maybe the reason for the early release was so that GF could get one
final game before the end of the world, xD.

I don't think we'll get a new travel location. I can see a more developed Story for Plasma, Gheistis, the Sages, the Goddesses, Alder, and The Shadow Triad. Maybe more for the Muskedeer and Kami trio as well.

I can't see them using the "God Stone" but I do see them using the other stones like the Gracidea.

I can see that coastal city near the ruins or Lancousa Town becoming the new Battle Fronteir entrances if we get that. (Please don't say that there will be a battle frontier. Gamefreak just trolled us in the most hardcore way anything is possible now.)
True...they did >_>.
I think you mean Light and Dark stones.
This game will proably come out before Chrismas.

Hoenn
February 25th, 2012, 04:40 PM
There's so much speculation, let's wait and see what the next few weeks reveal, we've no idea what these games are about yet.

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Serebii's anticipating names to be released this week, so i'm sure we'll be getting more info very soon.

Hoenn
February 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
It's a change and an unexpected change.

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm glad these release dates are so soon. It means they're anxious to get this out to possibly move onto other titles. :P
It also means we'll get these games, as well as their information much sooner than we have in the past with other games.

Ooo! I didn't notice this, but it comes out two days before my birthday in Japan. Maybe they'll be working fine on emulators by then!

Forever
February 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I've already had to delete 11 posts from here, and as a result I've had to merge four of MRAS' posts so he didn't double post. I don't want to have to delete more because people aren't reading the title.

This thread is only to discuss the release date. Use the other threads for everything else please.

Oryx
February 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm glad these release dates are so soon. It means they're anxious to get this out to possibly move onto other titles. :P
It also means we'll get these games, as well as their information much sooner than we have in the past with other games.

Well I mean Platinum was announced in May and released in September. Emerald was announced July and released September. This isn't really fast for a third game. It just means it's like all other third games pretty much. They don't have as much to release as far as info so it's faster.

I'm super psyched though. Definitely getting one of these. Idk which yet though! :3

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I was expecting to get these this year but a Summer release for us or a Christmas one will be great. Sometime during a holidays so we can have time off school to play like the Spring Break release of last year.

Hoenn
February 25th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I might end up importing this from Japan depending on how good this looks, the fact that we already have a release date pushes them to start churning out information and fast.

Boarbeque
February 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Well, I have a feeling they might just release the games at the same time in America that they do in Japan. More or less. Kinda like how Skyward Sword was released.

I feel this way because the American pokemon site announced the games at the same time the Japanese one did. I don't remember that happening with Pokemon Black and White 1.

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Well, I have a feeling they might just release the games at the same time in America that they do in Japan. More or less. Kinda like how Skyward Sword was released.

I feel this way because the American pokemon site announced the games at the same time the Japanese one did. I don't remember that happening with Pokemon Black and White 1.

I was actually thinking/hoping that as well since America already has the site up, though I feel we would have got the release date too. The site still just says TBA. D:
Maybe if not at the same time we'll get release dates that aren't very far apart from Japan's.

We can still hope though!

Razer302
February 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I doubt the games will be released at the same tie in the US/EU as the Japan one. Normally it is a few months after so I would say the US/EU one would be more than likely around september/october time.

Hoenn
February 25th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Well considering they have already corrupted the pattern, maybe the EU/US etc. will get a release not long after.

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wait didn't Gamestop and Pokemon.com have the info up at the same time for BW ?

February 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM
The fact that these cames came so early makes me wonder if Rs remakes will come out in Winter for their 10th anniversary.
On topic: I hope they're released early...though that trouble's me cause I planned on buying Kh3D which comes out in July...I might not have enough money to buy it right away...oh well should start saving up...

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Well who knows, this could possibly be a repeat of 2004 where a remake (FR/LG) and a third version (Emerald) come out in the same year. To me though, I really just have a feeling they are releasing it now to get it out since its a DS title so they can move on and work on 3DS titles. Who knows though.

Im just happy its being released early in Japan because it means we will probably get it this year too! The fact they announced it in America the same time as Japan is odd. It would be great if we got it at the same time as Japan but if we were Im pretty sure they would have just said it. I think we'll likely get it somewhere between September - November.

Tachikaze
February 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I'm hoping they come out relatively soon in the US, around September-October. Although they're probably not going to get here until December or so.

Oryx
February 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'm guessing holiday season. The other gens (excepting first) have had 5-6 month waits, so that would put us November/December, perfect timing for holiday season here.

Oshakpop
February 26th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Wait didn't Gamestop and Pokemon.com have the info up at the same time for BW ?

No, Black and White was announced in Japan first, then when Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed they were then announced in EU/US. It wasn't a huge gap, but a gap nevertheless. Black and White were able to be translated quicker than usual before, so I can't see Black 2 and White 2 having a huge difference in release date. I wouldn't be surprised if it's October/November if they aren't released at the same time.

Victini
February 26th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong i-in the following statements...

I'm so terribly ecstatic that B2W2 were revealed in Japan and US at near exactly the same time!!

That is just... incredible.

Please come out very near to the Japanese release, English version!

P0kelegend
February 27th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Nintendo has confirmed that these will be released in the UK in autumn. Im guessing the rest of the world will get it around that time then.

Forever
February 27th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Nintendo has confirmed that these will be released in the UK in autumn. Im guessing the rest of the world will get it around that time then.

o___O Spring here = Autumn there. Wait so the games will probably be released in September for those speaking English? I'm surprised, omg. That's just way so soon, wow.

I've looked online and other sites and I don't seem to see an actual source, rather everything reporting it as that. Then again I'm watching TV rn, so. :x

Maybe that's when the movie will be released ALTHOUGH THAT DOESN'T RELATE HERE BUT STILL.

P0kelegend
February 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
o___O Spring here = Autumn there. Wait so the games will probably be released in September for those speaking English? I'm surprised, omg. That's just way so soon, wow.

I've looked online and other sites and I don't seem to see an actual source, rather everything reporting it as that. Then again I'm watching TV rn, so. :x

Maybe that's when the movie will be released ALTHOUGH THAT DOESN'T RELATE HERE BUT STILL.

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35866/pokemon-black-and-white-2-uk-release-date-is-autumn-2012/

Also, Nintendo Europe's twitter account tweeted it: https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoEurope

Forever
February 27th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Ooh. Didn't think to check Twitter, lol. ;x

Shocking though! I wonder if that means America will be after Europe again too.

Kaori
February 27th, 2012, 03:07 AM
The sooner the better is the way I see it, haha. I don't think it's too soon either! Perfect time, even. Plus if it comes out in September, we can hope for an RS remake announcement in (early?) 2013 but that's besides the point.

Now all we need is confirmation on the US Release Date and actual release dates. & Seeing as we have confirmation on the European Release before the US, I think we could bet on it getting the games before the US again.

P0kelegend
February 27th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Im hoping its a September release. It'd be so weird getting the English version of the game in September since that's usually when Japan gets theirs haha! Really excited were getting them so soon though!

wombateiro
February 27th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Now we can see clearly 5 gen is rushed - B2/W2 outside Japan already this Autumn.
What next? R/S remakes in Japan this Autumn? 6 gen for 3DS in 2013?

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 27th, 2012, 03:31 AM
With a release this early, is there really much for them to translate?

Or, are they finally getting localization done at the same time? (Assuming almost all the details are worked out, they would have more than six months to finish localization anyway.)

Railgun
February 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM
With a release this early, is there really much for them to translate?

Or, are they finally getting localization done at the same time? (Assuming almost all the details are worked out, they would have more than six months to finish localization anyway.)

This game could of been in production as soon as the first games were. GF may have had BW teams like team 1 and team 2 but did it halfway though. So if the game took the 4 years GF said in NP they began BW 2 maybe 09

My question is if I buy the UK version but have an American 3DS will it work? I know that UK 3DS games won't work on a USA 3DS but what about DS games

Reshiram Man
February 27th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Well, since Europe in America are almost always getting the games about the same time, for example, Europe got Pokemon Black and White on March 4th and US got it on March 6th. So, if I am correct, the new games should come out in Autumn in US as well, even though they haven't said it yet.

EDIT:post 151! :x

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 27th, 2012, 05:10 AM
This game could of been in production as soon as the first games were. GF may have had BW teams like team 1 and team 2 but did it halfway though. So if the game took the 4 years GF said in NP they began BW 2 maybe 09

My question is if I buy the UK version but have an American 3DS will it work? I know that UK 3DS games won't work on a USA 3DS but what about DS games

We can't accurately track when development started. They must've been doing something within the last year and a half, but something like Platinum was handled by a smaller team and that took two years since Diamond/Pearl.

Chances are, the English versions will be released in region-free again. TPCi seems to have all sorts of exceptions when it comes to how things are released. Time will tell, though.

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Wow, I didn't expect to get another release date this early let alone the European release date! So it actually is just a short time after the Japanese release date, there may be no need to import then! Again... they're being rushed maybe to be out the way for the Remake release on their 10th anniversary as some people have said but I'm still happy that these are getting released so soon. Now all we need is some actual images and more information!

Well I'd assume you wouldn't need to buy the UK one considering the US release date is never really far behind the European.. infact it could be earlier.

Also:

Quick Update for those of you who dont Know:

Edit: Nintendo of America also confirms launch in Autumn 2012. More details likely to come closer to the release

Railgun
February 27th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Wow, I didn't expect to get another release date this early let alone the European release date! So it actually is just a short time after the Japanese release date, there may be no need to import then! Again... they're being rushed maybe to be out the way for the Remake release on their 10th anniversary as some people have said but I'm still happy that these are getting released so soon. Now all we need is some actual images and more information!

Well I'd assume you wouldn't need to buy the UK one considering the US release date is never really far behind the European.. infact it could be earlier.

Ah ok was not sure. Since Nintendo releases the games in September in Japan and say its out in the fall. I'm guessing thats the month UK and USA get the games. However I may be wrong just going by what has been done before.

On a side note I wonder if this game has VA work. I noticed games with VA work tend to have a shorter release gaps then text only games. I always thought with the speech bubble add on they were going to try VA work next.

Haza
February 27th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I'm quite pleased at these release dates! That means that news of these games should come much faster than before, but it could also be because we already know much of what there is to know! Haha!

Forever
February 27th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Also:

Quick Update for those of you who dont Know:

Edit: Nintendo of America also confirms launch in Autumn 2012. More details likely to come closer to the release

Oh how exciting, updated title too. Watching out for Australia from now on I guess! tbh I don't even think they're announced here yet :( Come on Nintendo, give Australia a time too!!

Railgun
February 27th, 2012, 05:58 AM
E3 perhaps? Or is that not allowed?

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Well, it's strange because Platinum was released 1 year & 10 months after Diamond & Pearl for US & EU but this time, BW2 is released 1 year & 6 months after BW for US & EU assuming it's September. Then again, everything is changing.

Haza
February 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Maybe they want to get those last minute coins before December 22, (2012)? Lol, I kid. But maybe since this is just an add on to a story we already know they want to rush it, and make room for the inevitable Ruby & Sapphire remakes shortly thereafter?

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Oh how exciting, updated title too. Watching out for Australia from now on I guess! tbh I don't even think they're announced here yet :( Come on Nintendo, give Australia a time too!!

Once the US/EU release dates have been announced its only a short time before we hear of the Australian release date anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if we found it out today actually.

HyperXhydra
February 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Interesting that it comes less than 2 years in US unlike the previous 3rd games, I think Hoenn
remake will be revealed after one month of the US release of BW2, the full date I think will be
revealed in the next Corocoro.

Cello
February 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Oh yay! I wasn't expecting news, but i'm glad to see somewhat of a release date announced.
This worries me, though. I feel like these aren't going to be FULL games, rather just short sequels as sequels often are. :Y

Guess I can't complain too much though. New Pokemon game with a short wait!

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Oh yay! I wasn't expecting news, but i'm glad to see somewhat of a release date announced.
This worries me, though. I feel like these aren't going to be FULL games, rather just short sequels as sequels often are. :Y

Guess I can't complain too much though. New Pokemon game with a short wait!

I thought that, unless they have been working on this games since 2008/2009 which I doubt considering they had Black & White to develop. It might just be similar to a third game but with some more content.

Spherical Ice
February 27th, 2012, 08:20 AM
HCEHi7HI9sk

Yup, definitely fall. That's not too long to wait you know!

Mew~
February 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM
It's great to see such a short period between the releases, but honestly I sort of saw it coming anyway, the way TPCi's US branch was getting more involved with Japan.

I'M SO EXCITED, AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!
v/h-LbvFckptY

Cello
February 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I thought that, unless they have been working on this games since 2008/2009 which I doubt considering they had Black & White to develop. It might just be similar to a third game but with some more content.

Actually yeah, I must not be thinking properly today. They already have all their assets needed to make the game such as sprites, models and so forth, so I imagine it wouldn't have taken them nearly as long to pump these games out. Not to mention any graphical improvements wouldn't have taken them that long either.

The amount of time it's taken them to announce these games are almost that of Platinum's, so the fact that we're possibly getting more out of these 2 games than we would have with just one directors cut just means they must be working twice as hard up at Gamefreak.

OK, my faith has officially been restored. Bring on the release! >:O

Giraffe
February 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Eeek, so exciting! It's brilliant that we have so much information already: it all came so quickly! ;3

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Eeek, so exciting! It's brilliant that we have so much information already: it all came so quickly! ;3

It has too really, the release isn't so far off now ;_;!

The Author
February 27th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I can't believe the day has finally came, and so suddenly. I mean, it was just like all of the sudden BAM! new games. Awesome.... :cer_boogie:

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I also just realised because it's a shorter localization period that may mean that some of the original dialogue from BW will remain in these games because the translation is what slows down the release, right?

The Author
February 27th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I also just realised because it's a shorter localization period that may mean that some of the original dialogue from BW will remain in these games because the translation is what slows down the release, right?

If they've been working on this game since B/W was released, they would probably have translations finished by now. If not, then yes, they'll probably have a lot of the original dialogue.

Hopefully, Nob Ogasawara and Teresa Lillygreen did some quick work to translate the game, and that we're not left with a similar story to the original B/W.

bwburke94
February 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM
12:01 AM 12/21/12 is technically "fall 2012". Even in Hawaii, winter doesn't begin until 1:12 AM according to the most literal definition of the term "winter". So releasing it after the predicted end of the world is still an option.

jk...

I'm thinking November 16 in Europe and November 18 or 23 in America, to take advantage of Black Friday shoppers.

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Not quite. Up until the release of Black/White, it appears that localization only starts around the time of the Japanese release, and if ever before Japanese release, the localization team would get working on it only be a month earlier or so before release.

So either the localization team has started now, or there's not much to translate.

February 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Way, early games for once ^-^
These are coming fairly fresh from the oven...
It could be november meaning it'll be five months...or early December which is technically still fall.

Hoenn
February 27th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Either that or it could be September... that falls in the Autumn season too and giving that everything is early it's just a possibility.

February 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM
^ Yeah or October. I'm hoping for a September release though.

Kaori
February 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
It was obvious that the US Release Date would be in the Fall as well. Now it's just for the dates to be announced! I'm guessing around September, or at least hoping for it to be released during that month too. October is okay, but I'd prefer September. Totally off-topic, but I was modded in September and wouldn't it be the coolest thing to have the games released on September 17th? 8) Doubt it though, since the 18th was the release for Japan of BW but it could be a slight possibility!

Bluerang1
February 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Plus they kept the names Black Kyurem and White Kyurem -_-

Great season though! I'm hoping for September as it's my birthday or November during Thanksgiving Break.

Also I'm hoping this is a new trend of a mainstream game yearly ^^

P0kelegend
February 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM

Hopefully they'll announce it for us soon! We usually get it a few days after UK/US anyway, so Im hoping it'll be the same with this!

G.U.Y.
February 27th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I'd imagine that Australia would get it soon after, if not at the same time. If not at the same time, probably December/January

Plus they kept the names Black Kyurem and White Kyurem -_-

I don't really see why it matters. They're just the form names. The name you'll see is still Kyurem..

The Author
February 28th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Way, early games for once ^-^
These are coming fairly fresh from the oven...
It could be november meaning it'll be five months...or early December which is technically still fall.

I was expecting around September.
However, I could see it being released around November/December.

Autobot Silverwynde
February 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
September or October would be great for me; that way, I can save up and have the cash ready to purchase them both on the release date. I'm just a bit surprised that the announcement came so soon. I was honestly expecting them to be released in early next year. Oh well, I'm not going to complain about it.

I am going to be so broke this fall. Isn't it awesome? XD

Railgun
February 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Why do people think there is not a lot in the games just due to a faster localization date? FF 13-2 had a lot and so did KH 2 and they were only a few months after each other. In fact FF 13/2 was like what a month? Dec-Japan January-USA

Oryx
February 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Why do people think there is not a lot in the games just due to a faster localization date? FF 13-2 had a lot and so did KH 2 and they were only a few months after each other. In fact FF 13/2 was like what a month? Dec-Japan January-USA

How many people work for that game company? People aren't comparing cross-games because different game companies work differently. There are some games that come out at the same time worldwide. Pokemon isn't like that, the usual wait time is 5-6 months between Japan and everyone else. Don't compare to other game companies, compare to other games in the same company.

That being said, R/S came out four months after Japan for its international release so it's not completely out of the norm. Just on the faster side.

Railgun
February 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
How many people work for that game company? People aren't comparing cross-games because different game companies work differently. There are some games that come out at the same time worldwide. Pokemon isn't like that, the usual wait time is 5-6 months between Japan and everyone else. Don't compare to other game companies, compare to other games in the same company.

That being said, R/S came out four months after Japan for its international release so it's not completely out of the norm. Just on the faster side.

Ah ok my bad. But yeah R/S ere not short games. Maybe they had BW 2 starting halfway though BW 1? Idk but I don't think it will be shorter then any of the main games tbh

The Author
February 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
September or October would be great for me; that way, I can save up and have the cash ready to purchase them both on the release date. I'm just a bit surprised that the announcement came so soon. I was honestly expecting them to be released in early next year. Oh well, I'm not going to complain about it.

I am going to be so broke this fall. Isn't it awesome? XD

You'll be broke for good reasons. :cer_smile:
lol I kinda want to order them from Japan as soon as their out. I bet Play-Asia would have them. :)

Hoenn
February 28th, 2012, 01:18 PM
At the latest it would be November so it's a plus we're getting them this year however I would like it to be September and it really could be considering most japanese thrid games are released in September so it could be kinda switched.. if not then October, I doubt November unless it's early Nov.

Masterge77
February 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Early September/October release in the US/Europe or bust!!!

XD was translated the fastest, the very first English screens were released two days before the Japanese release in August 2004, and exactly two months later, XD was out in October, making it the quickest waiting time between the Japan and US release of a Pokemon game on record, of course, this is possibly because the translation team probably started the translation early

As for main series games, it takes 5-7 months, even for third versions, which usually would only take, at most, two weeks to simply copy and paste all the dialogue from the first two games, with a coming fall release, we are looking at a November/December release in US/Europe, probably after the day the world ends, but with the announcement being so recent, it's possible that they started the translation early, meaning sometime from early September to early October, which is what I am hoping for.

Nakuzami
February 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Shouldn't it be obvious that it will come out on December 21st?
. . . The Mayans weren't stupid, y'know. xD

BUT, I don't really care when it will come out. Fall sounds okay. I still have to buy KH3D and the special edition 3DS when it comes out. Maybe Rumble Blast too. Hopefully that won't come out around the same time as B2/W2 . . .

bwburke94
March 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
As I said, December 21st is still technically fall. December 22 would be winter.

As I said, releasing B2/W2 on Black Friday here in the States would be a nice marketing move.

March 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
^ How about two days before (I would say thankgiving but doing so will likely peeve people who want to spend time with family instead of wait in line for a game ). Though Black Friday would be a rush to get the game...(but if your parents bought it as a Chistmas gift you won't be able to get it until December 25...).
I'm hoping for a September release.

GlaciaFox
March 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
yeah, they already announced the esimated release dates for b/w 2 here; http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/ japan is june 2012 and in america is fall 2012http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/51/Spr_5b_585_s.png
did anyone notice, the games are always released worldwide a few months after the 1st release in japan, so i do think as well that they work on it at an early time so thats really good.

Forever
March 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
they already announced the esimated release dates for b/w 2 on pokemon.com
japan is june 2012 and in america is fall 2012
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

But the title and all the other posts cover that. ;x We're speculating on when exactly for America etc, whether it'll be in September like B/W's Japan release and so on.

HyperXhydra
March 3rd, 2012, 01:49 AM
We'll probably get the full release dates today in Pokemon smash for japan.

Cazzef
March 3rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
I think it'll be about Q1 2013 in Australia, it seems it always gets it last, but I'm definitely getting it the first day it comes out though.

vaporeon7
March 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
I think it'll be about Q1 2013 in Australia, it seems it always gets it last, but I'm definitely getting it the first day it comes out though.

I doubt it'll be that late in Australia. We got B/W like a week after the others, so I can't see it being more than a week or two after America/Europe.

Forever
March 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Keldeo event starts June 23 for B2/W2 (and B/W), actual movie is in July.

Can we speculate on that possibly being the release date, considering that "June" lines up?

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
March 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
MACHOKE DEMANDS AUSTRALIAN B2/W2 RELEASE DATE NAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Cello
March 13th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Bulbanews just Tweeted that PlayAsia has listed the US release date for "October."
This hasn't been confirmed yet, so it could just be a placeholder, but you never know!

Forever
March 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I'm kinda doubtful of that. I know there was one site that had a B/W placeholder date which was wrong, so I dunno (yet I cannot remember where!) Perhaps they're just making a guess? :x

Still want something from Australia, gogogo!

Hoenn
March 13th, 2012, 07:09 AM
October seems the most likely month for release but as long as nothing has been announced by Nintendo it still could be false.

Cello
March 13th, 2012, 07:09 AM
It's not uncommon for game store sites to use a placeholder date, usually using a month that represent a season. In this case it's October representing Autumn, so yeah.

You never know, though, seeing as PlayAsia is a major distribution site world-wide, so they may get trusted with this information. Major game companies get trusted with this information long before anyone else. I can't tell you how many times I walked into GameStop and got information on games that have yet to be officially announced (Monster Hunter, heh).

I think they're hitting the nail on the head with the month in my opinion. :P

Hoenn
March 13th, 2012, 07:11 AM
It's not uncommon for game store sites to use a placeholder date, usually using a month that represent a season. In this case it's October representing Autumn, so yeah.

You never know, though, seeing as PlayAsia is a major distribution site world-wide, so they may get trusted with this information.

Overall I think PlayAsia is using it as a placeholder, but I think they're hitting the nail on the head with the month in my opinion. :P

True, it's most likely the month they expect it to be then they can just add the actual day of the month to it, either that or we're getting it September or November.

Forever
March 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Well that'd only be four months after the Japanese release...

And Black and White = seven months. Kinda a bit close, imo. And if they're pushing it as close, why? Was there anything significant @ October with B/W that they'd be pushing this for? lol.

Hoenn
March 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Well that'd only be four months after the Japanese release...

And Black and White = seven months. Kinda a bit close, imo. And if they're pushing it as close, why? Was there anything significant @ October with B/W that they'd be pushing this for? lol.

Yeah but the latest it's going to be is 5 months later which would be November and even then it's 2 months shy of what the localisation usually is.

Forever
March 14th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Well yeah but... maybe by Autumn it could mean Autumn in the games? Wait which would be the last Autumn. Uhh, if September is Spring, October is Summer, November is Autumn.

Oh wait, yeah. Wouldn't that be amusing if it's actually Autumn in-game and as a result it's November, lol. :x

Hoenn
March 14th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Well yeah but... maybe by Autumn it could mean Autumn in the games? Wait which would be the last Autumn. Uhh, if September is Spring, October is Summer, November is Autumn.

Oh wait, yeah. Wouldn't that be amusing if it's actually Autumn in-game and as a result it's November, lol. :x

That would mean we either get it March, July or November and I doubt it will be one of those :3 I'm putting money on an October release.

P0kelegend
March 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I hope an Australian date is announced very soon, the game will apparently be region locked as it has DSi Enhanced features and pretty much all DSi games are region locked.. so that means we can't even import it if it gets released late over here :(

Zet
March 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
For any aussies who want to pre-order the game now, they can at eb games.

Black 2: http://www.ebgames.com.au/ds-156904-Pokemon-Black-Version-2-Nintendo-DS

White 2: http://www.ebgames.com.au/ds-156906-Pokemon-White-Version-2-Nintendo-DS

Forever
March 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Pfft Zet, you weren't meant to say that you can pre-order, just the fact that no official release period has been announced for Australia, but the fact you can pre-order is unusual.

Wonder if that means we'll get a "Spring" release period too, soon.

P0kelegend
March 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM
So Australian's have a different box art?

The EB Games one is different.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/So%20Australian%27s%20have%20a%20different%20box%20art?%20%20The%20EB%20Games%20one%20is%20different.%20%20http://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/packshots/156904_packshot_l.jpghttp://content.ebgames.com.au/website/images/packshots/156904_packshot_l.jpg

I hope the game gets released in Spring, it seems like it will considering pre-order is already up.

rocky505
March 17th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Those are just photoshop replacements until they get the official cover

G.U.Y.
March 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
So PlayAsia just updated saying that the English version will be in-stock in October. October release, yay!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
March 17th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cool, an october release! Can't wait!

Cello
March 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
While I feel like it's going to be released in October, an October release hasn't been confirmed as of yet. D:

A lot of retailers use a month that relate closely with a season as a placeholder date occasionally, so it's possible they're just using October as a way to represent Fall.

Like I said, I feel like they're hitting the nail on the head with that prediction though.

G.U.Y.
March 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
While I feel like it's going to be released in October, an October release hasn't been confirmed as of yet. D:

A lot of retailers use a month that relate closely with a season as a placeholder date occasionally, so it's possible they're just using October as a way to represent Fall.

Like I said, I feel like they're hitting the nail on the head with that prediction though.

If that is the case I will predict that it won't be released until early December/late November to coincide with the holiday shopping season.

rocky505
March 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM
If that is the case I will predict that it won't be released until early December/late November to coincide with the holiday shopping season. I doubt it would be that late. But why don't they just say Q-whatever 2012 instead confusing people by using a month.

wombateiro
March 18th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Having B2/W2 outside Japan in Autumn reminds me how FR/LG got released outside Japan on 9th September, week before Emerald in Japan. So maybe they're going to do similar thing this year by releasing B2/W2 outside Japan in November and week later R/S remakes in Japan for R/S 10th anniversary?
Gen 5 surprisingly got faster than we expected, so 5 months between two main games releases in Japan should be nothing surprising now.

October is also possible, the main matter is to release them before R/S remakes in Japan, if they are planned for this year.

March 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I'm hoping that it's october after all, it'll be better than a november release. Hopefully we will get a solid release date by May.

Hoenn
March 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Update:

Due out in Spring, that’s sometime between September to November this year in case you were wondering.
Nintendo Australia has confirmed that we’ll be getting a release date very similar to Europe and America for Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. It will be out in ’Spring 2012’ which is sometime between September and November later this year. Don’t expect a closer release date until sometime in August for this one.

I'm sure some of you Australians will be kinda pleased with this news ^^.

Cello
March 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Glad the land down under finally got to know when they'll be getting the game.
I didn't know Spring was during September-November for them. That's crazy cool.

Now if only Nintendo will start putting down some exact dates. :S

Forever
March 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Pfft Cello, go research my country more. EITHER WAY, wonderful. Considering we're about 2 or so weeks behind the other two, we'll get the games 2 weeks after them...?

April 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
I don't think an exact date been revealed for Japan...kind of strange since we are 2 months away now...unless if it's around late June for them...and if so it might be late October for us...

P0kelegend
April 5th, 2012, 04:11 AM
It's listed for a September 30 2012 release on IGN.
http://ds.ign.com/index/upcoming.html

Would be cool if thats the date!

Hoenn
April 5th, 2012, 04:23 AM

It would be but then that could easily be a place-holder, with Play Asia listing it as October it could be any date really, I'm hoping for late September/early October.

wombateiro
April 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM

It's likely it will be real date, looking at how Nobunaga's Ambition/Conquest is officially said to be released in US in June, three months after Japanese release, so maybe B2/W2 will be released three months after Japan as well.

But wtf they did with that date?

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/wtf.jpg

Hoenn
April 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM
It's likely it will be real date, looking at how Nobunaga's Ambition/Conquest is officially said to be released in US in June, three months after Japanese release, so maybe B2/W2 will be released three months after Japan as well.

But wtf they did with that date?

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/wtf.jpg

True, but no official source has distributed this news therefore it's also as likely to be a place holder and 2021?! That's a long wait.

Forever
April 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
A Japanese retailer has recently updated their listings of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 to include a release date. Previously, we have known that these games are to be coming to Japan in June, but this further clarifies it to be released on June 23rd 2012. Unlike western retailers, Japanese ones seldom put a suspected release date in so chances are high that this is the date. In addition to that, the Keldeo distribution in Japan starts on this day, with the promotion suggesting you should use it in your playthrough. We'll provide more information, and confirmation, as and when it comes

credz to vapor for telling me aaand from serebii!

Hoenn
April 9th, 2012, 04:26 AM
23rd June? That's not too far away actually assuming it's legit, atleast we're getting some information.

Cake
April 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
That's exciting. Only a year or so later and we're already getting sequels. I like this. c; I can't wait for more information. I may actually pre-order this one.

Twiggy
April 11th, 2012, 12:49 AM
23rd of June is a bit quicker, don't you think? The information blowout will probably overload a lot of people's minds, let alone servers.

I expect that the date to stick around anyway.

Hoenn
April 14th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Interesting, Amazon have listed Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 for 31st December 2012, this is most likely just a place holder considering it's the end of the year and during Winter, not Fall.

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Black-Version-2-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0050SVNSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334453813&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-White-Version-2-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0050SVNP8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

April 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Interesting, Amazon have listed Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 for 31st December 2012, this is most likely just a place holder considering it's the end of the year and during Winter, not Fall.

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Black-Version-2-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0050SVNSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334453813&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-White-Version-2-Nintendo-DS/dp/B0050SVNP8/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b
They always do that for games, it means that the game will come out within the year.
Hopefully the game will be coming out in early September so that some of us can have what left of summer to play...

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 02:18 AM
They always do that for games, it means that the game will come out within the year.
Hopefully the game will be coming out in early September so that some of us can have what left of summer to play...
Emphasis on some people. :[ School will start back for me in late August.

However! This I do not mind, because it certainly wouldn't be too far from the Japan release, which would only be three months before. I think I could hold my excitement in for that long. :3

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Hmmm, okay so September 18 - March 4/6/10.

Theoretically, it'll be probably around... September 2nd if the pattern makes any sense for B2/W2's English release? XD

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hmmm, okay so September 18 - March 4/6/10.

Theoretically, it'll be probably around... September 2nd if the pattern makes any sense for B2/W2's English release? XD

I'm going with mid September. Maybe like...September...10th? :'D
EITHER WAY, IT BETTER BE EARLY.

April 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I just though of the worst possible release date for B2W2... hope they don't do it on that day...

September 2 isn't in Fall technically so they might come out around September 22 (oh double 2's ;) ), or any day after that.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I just though of the worst possible release date for B2W2... hope they don't do it on that day...

September 2 isn't in Fall technically so they might come out around September 22 (oh double 2's ;) ), or any day after that.

I feel that they would do this just for pun's sake. I mean, they both have the number two in them, so September 22 would be perfect. Unless they go for broke and do November 11, since 1 is half of 2, 11 is half of 22.
But I really hope it's at most that late in the fall (that being the 22nd of September).

Livewire_
April 16th, 2012, 09:24 PM
2 months isn't so bad, considering it's already been almost 2 months since we first got wind of the games.

I'd like the English versions to come out before school starts, haha. Like I need any more distractions. But the sooner the better.

Cello
April 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM

Really the worst date would be anytime in Octember, a.k.a "Someday."

But yeah, i'm with Live, I don't think 2 months would be too bad. I'm just as eager as the next guy when it comes to getting the games, but personally I feel like they're already pampering us enough with a ReDa so close to Japan Land's!

Kaori
April 17th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I feel that they would do this just for pun's sake. I mean, they both have the number two in them, so September 22 would be perfect. Unless they go for broke and do November 11, since 1 is half of 2, 11 is half of 22.
But I really hope it's at most that late in the fall (that being the 22nd of September).
November is so late. :(

September 22 does sound like the perfect release date, it's even a day before the 23rd. Which is the date of the Japan release, but in June.
/small thought

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 04:41 AM
November is so late. :(

September 22 does sound like the perfect release date, it's even a day before the 23rd. Which is the date of the Japan release, but in June.
/small thought

November is late. But you know dat GF, being all trollish and junk.
But September 22 is gonna be my final prediction. Which is perfect since I'm not in school anymore. :'D

April 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Really the worst date would be anytime in Octember, a.k.a "Someday."

But yeah, i'm with Live, I don't think 2 months would be too bad. I'm just as eager as the next guy when it comes to getting the games, but personally I feel like they're already pampering us enough with a ReDa so close to Japan Land's!

They sure are, it usually takes 6 months for the game to come out...maybe Kaori is right and the games won't come out until november...or maybe even early Dec (technically still fall).

Forever
April 17th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I still think it'll be September 2. It fits in with that season and has the 2, which technically still fits with double 2! But September 22 would be perfect too. Either can work. :3

Sydian
April 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing it out Sept 2/22nd like Nica said, cause...well, it DOES make sense. And that's autumn, which is when it's supposed to be released elsewhere. But saying that implies that it'll be released internationally all on the same day...which obviously never happens lol. :(