PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [Maractus] vs Audino

Forever
February 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Black and White Weekly Poll: Maractus vs Audino
http://i.imgur.com/cAJfJ.png

The one we find too much... and the one we can never find!
Who do you pick? Discuss!

Hikamaru
February 5th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I choose Audino cos they chuck out so much EXP if you knock it out.

Going on an Audino slaying-fest trains you up very fast.

Plus, Audino has a much better movepool than Maractus as well as the helpful Regenerator ability.

Maractus is cute too, but movepool is too shallow.

That is why I choose Audino.

Juicy
February 5th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Well Audino is quite ugly in my opinion and I like the colour green so I'm going to have to side with Maractus on this. At first I didn't really like either though but Maractus is growing on me, the more I look at it the cuter it gets.

deoxys121
February 5th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I find Audino to be much cuter than Maractus. Audino also makes for a good supporter role. Maractus may have a good Sp. Atk. stat, but that stat is no good when you consider Maractus's horrible movepool. Audino, for sure.

Rhapsody
February 5th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Audino are so very useful. Although, I feel mean when I kill 25 in a row XD

Pokebreeder22
February 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I love Maractus. Such an interesting looking Pokemon, and very easy to train in my opinion. I bring Maractus with me when I am looking to catch some lower level Pokemon for breeding.

Xander Olivieri
February 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I've never fought a Wild Maractus in any of the Black or White Copies that I've played and the Trainer AI doesn't usually have them fight very well. Audino I run into many times. If I hear the rustling I dive bomb that patch and murder Audino inside XD

Gunna go with Audino.

Daikoru
February 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry Audino. I know you want me to love you, but I only love you for your experience and simplicity to kill!

Maractus falls into my "looks great, but tends to be ignored" category. Finneon falls into that category too. Someday, I want to make a run with those pokemons.

miltankRancher
February 5th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Audino for the win. though a really not overkill for that. I have no opinion regarding the two, but I am voting for Audino just because I find it harder to find, than the cactus. And for me Cactusmon is like a fail Cacnea, while Audino is a pseudoChansey.

Kaori
February 5th, 2012, 07:17 AM
MARACTUS IS SO UNDERRATED, IT DESERVES TO WIN.

Lemme just tell you this Pokémon is SO CUTE! Look at that smile!!! It looks so bashful and Audino just looks like "oh look at me im perfect, so gonna win!!". ;)

I'm sorry but Maractus is just so...great. ♥ IT GETS MY VOTE.

Eucliffe
February 5th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Though Audino is a good EXP bunny, I like Maractus a lot more. I think it's cuter and a bit more efficient in battle (reminds me, I need to pick my White back up). Plus, it's a maraca cactus; can't go wrong with that!

Cordelia
February 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Maractus is much much better than that stupid Audino. I just love that cute little Pokemon, whilst I hate Audino and slaughter them every chance I get!

VOTE MARACTUS FTW

Gonzo
February 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Maractus looks epic. I love it!
Audino is a great exp source, so I kill'em off... A massive Audinocide I don't really mind.

Because Audino is in all grasses and Maractus is hard to find, Maractus wins and gets my vote

Forever
February 5th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Nono guys, who is there to help you to get stonger? Audino ;; Reward it or something!

Either way, Audino looks the cutest out of both. :3

Keiran
February 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
^Maractus sucks don't listen to them. Audino #1.

Kaori
February 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
LISTEN TO US! Maractus even has the better abilities, and I mean WAY better. Especially its DW ability. Storm Drain will raise its spA when hit by water moves, and it's base spA is already high as well. Perfect combo right there.

Water absorb doesn't raise any of its stats, but still gives the Pokémon HP which is pretty good as well! I think we all know who wins here!!

Forever
February 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Well Audino can help out its team mates with WISH and then Regenerate its own HP, something Maractus can't do. It can only help itself!! Oh yeah, and Audino can further help team mates with dual screens, it's just so helpful. Maractus is so bad if you go on Smogon there's "no strategy found" yeaaaaaah it's not even good enough to get a strategy.

Blue
February 5th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Intresting poll this week! I chose Maractus simply because it's such an underated Pokémon and I love it's design. Don't get me wrong I love grinding Audinos for exp but Maractus is cuter. Also I can see them both getting pre-evolutions, Chansey eventually got Happiny and I can just see something for Maractus.

miltankRancher
February 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Well Audino can help out its team mates with WISH and then Regenerate its own HP, something Maractus can't do. It can only help itself!! Oh yeah, and Audino can further help team mates with dual screens, it's just so helpful. Maractus is so bad if you go on Smogon there's "no strategy found" yeaaaaaah it's not even good enough to get a strategy.

yeah, I checked out Smogon a little while ago to counter with something competitively, but no! There is no strategy for the Cactus. Audino has way more to offer, with access to Wish, Protect and other stalling moves. Really a pseudoChaney for me. It may not offer as much, but at least it offers something.

King Goodra
February 5th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I'm voting for Audino because Maractus is the ugliest Pokémon ever.

XEL
February 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM
To be honest, I found both to be extremely ugly Pokemon. I came to the thread intending on voting for Audino since it gave out large chunks of HP, but after seeing the pictures in the first post.. Although still hideously ugly, Maractus's Dream World picture just looks slightly cuter than Audino's.

Kenshin5
February 5th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Both of them don't seem to be exactly original as already said Audino seems to be a Chansey like pokey, and Maractus like a Cacturne. But unlike Maractus Audio seems way more usueful concerning EXP and Healing(especially in Rumble Blast). Maractus seems to be one of the forgotten pokemon of the generation, I dunno what it is I just don't fine it very appealing. For me it is one of the last options I'd use since there is Snivy line, Simisage, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Ferrothron, Leavanny.

Mew~
February 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'm saddened by the fact Maractus isn't as popular as other Pokémon this generation, it's actually pretty cute and could be as useful as Audino used properly.

But yeah, I agree with Kaori, Maractus is underrated.

Yoshikko
February 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Don't like either of them but I especially don't like Audino because it is like a cheap Chansey rehash and Chansey is the best so voting for Maractus. Also DA slaughtered me with it a while ago in battle so I guess it deserves some credit.

Overlord Drakow
February 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Arrr I voted for Maractus but now I want to change my mind and vote Audino ¬_¬

Audino at least has some purpose in giving a tonne of EXP upon slaying one in battle.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Since I have a dislike for the both of them....I would say that I would pick the one that is most useful to me inside of both Pokemon White and in Pokemon Rumble- so I would have to go with Audino.

:t354:TG

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Audino for me due to Maractus being fugly and the exp points from beating teh Audinos really helps. Oh and I like the fact that it's a pretty good HM slave too.

Mentalii
February 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Ah... MARACTUS, exactly the kind of Pokémon I call useless :D It really needs an evolution. It's ridiculous, the first time I saw it I seriously wondered if developers were drunk while drawing it... They just mixed a Spinda with a Cacturne, added it flowers and hop ! Here is Maractus !
If it was a little stronger, it could do... But being a plagia and strange wasn't enough ! So we have an ugly and weak Pokémon (this movepool... unusable) :pink_boogie: Anyway, a 5th gen Pokémon.

Regarding Audino... The design is ... Meh. I don't really like it to be honest. But we need another nurse Pokémon like Chansey is, so this Pokémon is a good idea. And it's useful to level-up our Pokémon, we can't say the contrary.

We needed a new Pokémon nurse, not a new cactus, so my vote for Audino ! :pink_wink:

TheronElite
February 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I don't like Audino because of those weird curly things poking out of it's ears. Maractus has just served me well during the time that I used it, so I think it's better.

shinysweety
February 5th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I voted Maractus, i'v always liked both Audino and it but when it comes to this choice i will ALWAYS pick Maractus. ^^

PlatinumDude
February 5th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Not too fond of either, but I'm going with Maractus because it can actually hurt things with 86 Attack and 106 Special Attack, despite a shallow movepool. Plus, it's a musical cactus.

Cyndaquil312
February 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I've gotta go with Audino.
There's simply nothing better than getting a huge amount of exp. from slaying the lil' pink.... whatever it's supposed to be.
I've got a personal obsession with finding/catching all the Pokemon in an area before I move on, and a lot of the "shaking grass" Pokemon are fairly rare, so I can kill two Pidoves with one stone; find all the Pokemon AND do some massive training.
Battle-wise, I don't personally care for either of them, and I'm never in the desert area often enough to make a point of seeing as many Maracutus as I do Audino.

Superjub
February 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM
That dream world artwork of Maractus makes it seem so much cuter. :3 ANyway, I've NEVER liked Audino. When Black adn White had just came out in Japan, I thought Audino looked ugly. I still do, although to a lesser extent. It is just an uglier Chansey that doesn't evolve, really. :\ Well, that's what it looks like to me

While Maractus isn't much better, it does have a slight edge. It should evolve, but meh. I think it looks that bit cuter, but personally, I wouldn't use either of them. XP

Cassino
February 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Maractus is one of these distinctly average things like Lumineon and Golduck, all with stats quite evenly spread around 65–95.
Audino can take anything but Fighting hits and assist its team in various ways, making it a good candidate for double/triple/rotation battles; if I had to use either It'd be Audino.

tente2
February 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I have never been able to experience using Maractus, but I used Audino in my run of Black, so my vote is for Audino. She served me well as a "wild card", with her diversified move pool, but I think there are better pokemon that can do the same thing.

littlebrother
February 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have never used either of the Pokemon enough to have an opinion of them, so I'll choose the one that isn't a crappy remake of Pokemon from previous generations.

Oh wait. Never mind. I guess I'll just pick Audino then.

Livewire
February 6th, 2012, 09:35 PM
They both suck and both are pretty ugly, but Maractus is a Cactus. Cactus are p. cool. So it wins.

Payday
February 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Audino is boring. It's just a weird elephant that pops out of the grass and gives up huge XP despite a lack of toughness.

Maractus all the way.

Hikamaru
February 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Audino is boring. It's just a weird elephant that pops out of the grass and gives up huge XP despite a lack of toughness.

Maractus all the way.

Audino isn't exactly based on an elephant, more like a rabbit.

이큐리
February 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I have to say, I love both Maractus and Audino. Since I have to pick, I'll pick Maractus. Audino gets on my nerves a bit when I'm trying to repel and run through the grass only to have Audino pop up. :3

vaporeon7
February 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I really like both the Pokémon but I voted for Audino.

Maractus has a cool design and is based of a cactus, which is cool. Though I cannot help but compare it to Cacturne, which is one of my favourite Pokémon, so it comes off as worse there. When I used Maractus, it couldn't do much in battle. It did have Sucker Punch which helped it a bit though. Maractus is still one of my favourites from Unova.

I always liked Audino ever since I saw its tail. Yes, it may be useless competitively, believe me, I know, but that doesn't matter in this case because Maractus isn't flash either. Anyway back to the tail, it looks like whipped cream. When I first saw it, it made me love Audino ten times more than before. Audino also have a very pretty design. And one cannot forget about the kind Audino helps people train their Pokémon, even though it makes you feel guilty, it is still very helpful. Also if I didn't vote for it I'm pretty sure someone would be very mad at me.

Eevolution
February 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hmm, tough one. I'd have to say Audino simply because of the XP it gives. No hard feelings though Maractus.

Awkward Squirtle
February 8th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Man, that line in the first post is so true. It took me forever to find a Maractus with Water Absorb. And I'm sick of finding Audino whenever I search for Pokémon like the elemental monkeys.

Maractus for life!

TheLegendary35
February 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm not normally this much of a prick (pun intended!), but Maractus has my vote here. Audino is, as stated before, an adorable and useful experience bunny. Unfortunately its Normal-typing and poor stats (save for HP) leave much to be desired. I'll admit its movepool can stretch out ad infinitum, but those stats, man!

Maractus in my opinion is the best prickly partner one could hope for. Its design is simply adorable! A dancing cactus? Consider it done. This is one of my favorite non-Ghost/Dark Pokemon in the game in fact. It also actually does have competitive usage. Allow me to explain: Storm Drain, Persim Berry, Acupressure, Cotton Guard, Synthesis, and Petal Dance. Perfect to annoy the living who-knows-what out of your opponents. I swear this will be on my team if I ever do a Let's Play of B/W!

Shortened Version: Audino is an experience bunny, Maractus is a dancing cactus that actually has competitive use. Case closed.

Sector
February 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Maractus. Just simply because it's got a better design to it. I never used either one so...plus I rarely ever like mono-Normal types anyway other than Cinccino/Porygon-Z.

Kajini
February 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Audino is cute in a butt ugly sorta way therefore I choose Audino. Leveled that thing up to the 70's before I quit White.

Mr Cat Dog
February 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Honest to god, I'm not sure I've even heard of Maractus, let alone seen one in a game. Audino gets my vote with ease, as it's an EXP-machine, which is great for grinding.

tdf9890
February 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I prefer Maractus because I'm into all out attacks and Audino doesn't have great attack or special attack. So for me, Maractus all the way.

Dark Azelf
February 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Maractus is awesome. It gets Spikes (it works rather well actually with Synthesis as a healing move and HP Fire + Energy Ball for coverage) so its auto cool, plus it has an amazing ability in Water Absorb which gives it a niche checking powerful water users (ive even used it in ubers to check things like Specs Water Spouts and Thunders from Kyogre lol!) which is rather more important than being an inferior Chansey, Clefable, Lickilicky, Blissey which is what Audino is. Cactuses are better looking.

The Nightmare
February 8th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Audino, because there tough and they have alot of hp.

Sapphire Luna
February 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Maractus is cuter! And Normal types are a bit boring. But Audino is great for the experience!

Magnificent Faiyaz
February 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I definitely vote for Audino because they're grinding bros :D. As for Maractus, i think theres nothing unique about it sadly.

Forever
February 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Oh God, now the difference between the two is way too high. Well then I hope none of you use Audino's EXP services in the future! @ Maractus voters. Well I hope ya'll don't in general, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT NOW. With one day to go does anyone else kinda wanna hope for the impossible?

LegendaryFSK
February 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I don't like the design of either one, but I voted for Audino. The only reason it got my vote is for the EXP it gives out when I need to grind away some levels.

Xeberos
February 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
My vote goes for Audino. Audino is cute and I like it's design. Maractus is just a cactus like Cacturne and I don't like it's design. Plus you get little extra Exp. points when defeating Audino.

flubbateios
February 10th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Maractus is awesome, and his design is better than Audino's, and he's better to battle with ;)

Kaori
February 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Oh God, now the difference between the two is way too high. Well then I hope none of you use Audino's EXP services in the future! @ Maractus voters. Well I hope ya'll don't in general, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT NOW. With one day to go does anyone else kinda wanna hope for the impossible?
NAH. MARACTUS FTW GOGOGO GUYS! Audino is great for EXP, but Maractus is better for everything else. Would you rather receive more from a package than just one thing? Let's face it, the only reason anyone could like Audino is for its EXP and/or design. Let's go Maractus!

Sector
February 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM
NAH. MARACTUS FTW GOGOGO GUYS! Audino is great for EXP, but Maractus is better for everything else. Would you rather receive more from a package than just one thing? Let's face it, the only reason anyone could like Audino is for its EXP and/or design. Let's go Maractus!
What if the Pokemon we are using battles Audino, but is already at level 100?? :O EXP wouldn't be a factor then!

Hikamaru
February 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I think this guy has won this round:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/87/556Maractus_Dream.png

It's nice but I prefer Audino.

The Immortal One
February 12th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Audino gets my vote. Defeating one in battle gives your Poekmon a lot of experience.

Forever
February 12th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Okay so Audino loses, etc. :( Next poll will be up soon unstickying and so on ;;