PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] New characters for B2/W2

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM
In each third version there has been a new character added
Gen 1: Jessy and James (Yellow...if you count them if not then since Gen II)
Gen 2: Eusine (Crystal, Suicune maniac)
Gen 3: Scott and Juan (Emerald, Battle watching maniac, and Contest enthusiastist/gym leader )
Gen 4: Looker and Charon/Pluto (Platinum, clumsy detective/police and Mad scientist respectively)
Gen 5:?? (Grey (?), ?)
So do you think the third game will continue the pattern? And if so how many new characters do you think they'll add? (lately it's been two with the exception of Crystal). Also if they do make new character, how much of a role do you expect them to play? And finally, what type of character would you like to see added? Another maniac perhaps? or an Antagonist?

Kenshin5
February 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Kris says hi(she may not be a character you interact with like Lyra from what I remember but she is a new playable character none the less). Also if I recall correctly Frontier Brains Thorton, Dahlia, Darach/Caitlin, Argenta weren't introduced until Plat. Whereas Palmer was already there in DP.

As far as new additions I honestly have no idea. I'd like more elaboration on the characters we already have then throwing another one in the mix. Give me more background on them and I am fine I don't need any more new characters. Maybe they can have someone else that opposes in. Or is the polar opposite of N and treats pokemon like garbage and is sort of N rival so there is a conflict there as well. It would be cool if we had a character that is a bridge between maybe this generation and Gen VI that comes at the behest of Alder of the Unova League since Alder was out roaming about.

February 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Oh forgot about those...
A rival to N sounds great, it could add something interesting to the antagonist, as no other since Maxie and Archie have had rivals (each other). He would bring back the silver aspect to the games...

Kenshin5
February 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah that was was I was thinking, the guy doesn't fit into a Team aspect per say and is a lone wolf, the person would be a blend between Silver and Paul. If they wanted they could make it a small group like the sub group with Hunter J. But if a rival to N was injected into the game I would be curious to see how it would effect the relationship between the player and N. I just hope they don't do something lame and just promote Drayden to Champ and let Alder play a Steven role except pro active and have him roam around like usual.

February 6th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah...I also wonder if they will replace Drayden and Iris with a teenager gymleader character to show the middle route...as opposed to Wallance who was replaced by an older guy.
Maybe the rival could be someone within Plasma, maybe he could be Ghetsis real son, and true heir to Plasma...once N is out of the way, wow what a twist that would be...
I also imagine them adding new frontier member's...hopefully they'll give them some roles like they do with the leaders, only post game.
I'm kind of hoping for a new female leader...not counting Kris/Lyra, and the female frontier brains, non of the new characters since yellow have been girl's...she could be N's rival...heck she could be given the position of Plasma's Quenn (just by name, not like she's married to N or anything)...our first true antagonistic female...

Forever
February 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Or is the polar opposite of N and treats pokemon like garbage and is sort of N rival so there is a conflict there as well.

Noooo, I like N as he is, alone and all. I'd say Ghetsis is the match for him and I think that could be played upon more in the third game, rather than adding another character.

Yeah...I also wonder if they will replace Drayden and Iris with a teenager gymleader character to show the middle route...as opposed to Wallance who was replaced by an older guy.
Maybe the rival could be someone within Plasma, maybe he could be Ghetsis real son, and true heir to Plasma...once N is out of the way, wow what a twist that would be...
I also imagine them adding new frontier member's...hopefully they'll give them some roles like they do with the leaders, only post game.
I'm kind of hoping for a new female leader...not counting Kris/Lyra, and the female frontier brains, non of the new characters since yellow have been girl's...she could be N's rival...heck she could be given the position of Plasma's Quenn (just by name, not like she's married to N or anything)...our first true antagonistic female...

Hmmm nah, I think Iris/Drayden will stay. If anyone goes for a younger character, it's Brycen lool. Since he's so forgettable, nobody would care if he's replaced.

Plasma's queen? Well... Concordia could always marry Ghetsis or something and be a major ring-leader. Maybe introduce a daughter for her or something though and that's where a mini-rival could be. Maybe she starts out nice, and turns bad in the end, sorta opposite to N w/o being a rival, and N/you fight her in the end, and you find out it was Concordia & Ghetsis' secret plan!

wombateiro
February 16th, 2012, 06:56 AM
New character in Gray could be player's dad. When you check TV in your house it says:
"It's a flat- screen television that Dad bought!".
Maybe he will back to his family after being far away. It would be something like in R/S/E but in reverse because player moves to Hoenn with mom while dad was already there.

February 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
It would be nice for them to introduce a dad character, maybe he's a researcher on the Tao mythos and reveals the true myth being the tao trio. Maybe...he could even be the champion, replacing lame old Alder...

Alpha King
February 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Noooo, I like N as he is, alone and all. I'd say Ghetsis is the match for him and I think that could be played upon more in the third game, rather than adding another character.

Hmmm nah, I think Iris/Drayden will stay. If anyone goes for a younger character, it's Brycen lool. Since he's so forgettable, nobody would care if he's replaced.

Plasma's queen? Well... Concordia could always marry Ghetsis or something and be a major ring-leader. Maybe introduce a daughter for her or something though and that's where a mini-rival could be. Maybe she starts out nice, and turns bad in the end, sorta opposite to N w/o being a rival, and N/you fight her in the end, and you find out it was Concordia & Ghetsis' secret plan!

How.Dare.You. I love Brycen, he's so cool. I think if they were to replace a gym leader, it should be Clay. He's cool and all, but I don't really think he's that valuable..

What about an Elite Four member? Do you guys think they'll replace an Elite Four member?? I would approve the replacement of Brycen if they put him in the Elite Four, but I know with only three Ice types this generation, it won't happen :c

I think the addition of Looker was good for Platinum, so a character like that (not the same type of character, but the concept of a reoccurring character) may help the storyline.

February 16th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well considering how the elite four only had 4 pokemon the first time you fought them it could work. I like him too...I don't want him replaced...unless he becomes Champ!
Seriously I think Alder should be replaced similar to how Steven was, and like him in Emerald, wonder around Unova and you battle him in Challenger's cave...it'll add something to that place...

A couple of more international spies would be good...maybe the player's father could be one...and explain away why he's missing.

miltankRancher
February 17th, 2012, 05:24 PM
An anti-N protagonist would be really good, with some of his/her own backstory. Maybe s/he was N's rival when they were young with clashing ideologies and such.

Forever
February 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM
How.Dare.You. I love Brycen, he's so cool. I think if they were to replace a gym leader, it should be Clay. He's cool and all, but I don't really think he's that valuable..

What about an Elite Four member? Do you guys think they'll replace an Elite Four member?? I would approve the replacement of Brycen if they put him in the Elite Four, but I know with only three Ice types this generation, it won't happen :c

Well... they could end up making him the Champion (well replacing Fire aka Alder w/ Ice, makes senseeee), and instead replace him with a younger person, considering now we know B2/W2 is based upon Kyurem (or at least we can assume by it being the mascot!) As a result I think Brycen will be more important, and imo he was probably so quiet in B/W cause he had something to hide--that's not related, though. Instead, yeah, I see a younger person replacing him possibly sorta like Iris maybe.

Also only just added in prefix because I forgot about this and it defs will get posts now imo.

Esper
February 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Well... they could end up making him the Champion (well replacing Fire aka Alder w/ Ice, makes senseeee), and instead replace him with a younger person, considering now we know B2/W2 is based upon Kyurem (or at least we can assume by it being the mascot!) As a result I think Brycen will be more important, and imo he was probably so quiet in B/W cause he had something to hide--that's not related, though. Instead, yeah, I see a younger person replacing him possibly sorta like Iris maybe.

Also only just added in prefix because I forgot about this and it defs will get posts now imo.
He does wear a mask to hide his identity, right? There's plenty you could do with that.

And they could bump a few gym leaders up to E4 status, maybe take some of the E4 and make them something else? Frontier Brains or whatever. Just a shuffle that would open space for a few new ones.

Or, if they continue on making the games different, there could be more gyms with different leaders depending on which game you get.

The Author
February 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM

I think the addition of Looker was good for Platinum, so a character like that (not the same type of character, but the concept of a reoccurring character) may help the storyline.

I'm sorry, but I thought Brycen was kind of meaningless. Like, they just needed some random champion or something.

I don't think that they should replace anyone, except maybe add a few people, like someone to take Harmonia's place as the Plasma Lord.

Blue
February 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I'm sure there will be new characters in these games... possibly N's real father? Ghetsis is allegedly only his stepfather/guardian and Masuda even said in a blog "N's parents are unknown"

The Author
February 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I'm sure there will be new characters in these games... possibly N's real father? Ghetsis is allegedly only his stepfather/guardian and Masuda even said in a blog "N's parents are unknown"

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if N's parents are in B2/W2.
I could see them playing a key role in some of the backstory for B/W.

Railgun
February 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
If its a sequel would there have to be new people? Or was it confirmed today its just a remake? Ughh I'm so confused.

Blue
February 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I think there also might be a female role main character type with some involvement in Team Plasma

Ultimo1991
February 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
wouldnt it be even more interesting if they introduced someone even more evil then ghestis? like someone who is in cahoots with ghestis? that you find out about him in lets say the post game and come to find out its the new main characters father?

Ultimo1991
February 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
no... more like a character that is brand new and introduced like sorta like in platinum they introduced charon but this time have it someone that you can actually battle that is stronger then the pokemon champion...

March 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I'll like them to introduce a new character who is connected to the Shadow Triad rather than N and gives us hint on who they might be...and give us the backstory on them and Ghetsis

ShadowX35
March 12th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I wonder...if this is a sequel do we still start with the male/female trainer in B&W or if there will be new main characters. So many questions i have and so much patience to gain...

TeamRocketKid
March 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
I wonder...if this is a sequel do we still start with the male/female trainer in B&W or if there will be new main characters. So many questions i have and so much patience to gain...

Most likely new since if its a sequel those other people may appear in the game.

ShadowX35
March 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Most likely new since if its a sequel those other people may appear in the game.

Yeah that would make sense i suppose

zidiane
March 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
What about new Player Characters and Rivals? To me, it seems like we need whole new characters to play as. You can't expect to force Hilda and Hilbert to start their journey all over again, that's just be dumb. And in that case, new rivals go without saying. New beginning, new player character, new rival.

So, what do you think? Will they add two new player characters or will they keep the old ones? Will they do both and have a history making 4 player characters to choose from? And if there are new player characters, will they do like GSC and have the old protagonists as the Strongest Trainers (Fighting both with two different teams would be cool)?

And Rivals. New, old, returning?

Kaori
March 17th, 2012, 08:42 AM
What about new Player Characters and Rivals? To me, it seems like we need whole new characters to play as. You can't expect to force Hilda and Hilbert to start their journey all over again, that's just be dumb. And in that case, new rivals go without saying. New beginning, new player character, new rival.

So, what do you think? Will they add two new player characters or will they keep the old ones? Will they do both and have a history making 4 player characters to choose from? And if there are new player characters, will they do like GSC and have the old protagonists as the Strongest Trainers (Fighting both with two different teams would be cool)?

And Rivals. New, old, returning?
We have to get new protagonists with new rivals. If we do happen to get new protagonists, it wouldn't make sense to have the same rivals and GameFreak should know that. :B Though I do want to see a Bianca/Cheren appearance (with them being older of course), that would just make the games complete for me. However I do not want them to be the strongest trainers, especially since Bianca had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be. I'd rather see her as Juniper's assistant or even the new professor (wouldn't that be lovely?). As for Cheren, I'm not sure what I'd really like to see him as. Something to do with being a hardcore trainer/member of something of some sort though.

Anyway, if GameFreak really wants to make these games fit the description we're seeing them as (sequels, very original and different, a big twist) they should add in new protagonists/rivals to complete the feeling of it. Like really. Pweez?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I also say we're getting new protagonists. Wouldn't make sense for them to ditch their team from B/W for an all new one (especially if it's going to be the same region as before). Hopefully the girl this time around has better fashion sense than Hilda.

And, as I laid out in my speculation contest entry, I would really like to see a rival this time around who's truly evil... a guy who goes so far as to join the antagonistic team and strong enough to rise to an "admin/executive" position if not become the leader outright.

March 18th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yes, we need an anti-hero for a rival...it's been three generations since we had Silver...
They could also hopefully add a dad figure to the new protagonist (maybe he could be one of the new gym leaders) as a call back to RSE. Plus I'm tired of them just mentioning the father and not showing him...

wombateiro
March 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
They could also hopefully add a dad figure to the new protagonist (maybe he could be one of the new gym leaders) as a call back to RSE. Plus I'm tired of them just mentioning the father and not showing him...

If it's true there'll be new protagonists, how about the idea that one of current gym leaders is player's dad?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
That's already been done.

Now, if your character's dad turned out to be the head of the evil organization... there's a plot twist I would definitely enjoy.

wombateiro
March 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM
That's already been done.

Now, if your character's dad turned out to be the head of the evil organization... there's a plot twist I would definitely enjoy.

The same like Vader turned out to be Luke's father lol.
That would be good, after dad's disappearance player could find out that his/her dad is Team Plasma's admin and fight Team Plasma to meet with him and try to find out why he joined this team.

Joshawott
March 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Oh, the possibilities! I hope Black and White 2 will do something similar to Platinum in adding a few new characters, though not necessarily affiliated with Team Plasma in any way. I also hope they'll be given more of a role. Charon made what, two appearances in Platinum?

Game Over1375
March 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
For some odd reason, I expect Cheren to become the new Champion of Unova. I don't know why, but I think it'll happen.

As for new characters, I suppose we'll see new player characters as well as rivals, as previously mentioned. Makes sense to me. Also, are we going to be having the same leaders for the last gym?

Masterge77
March 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Team Plasma Admins, need I say more than that?

Raichupacabra
March 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Oh, the possibilities! I hope Black and White 2 will do something similar to Platinum in adding a few new characters, though not necessarily affiliated with Team Plasma in any way. I also hope they'll be given more of a role. Charon made what, two appearances in Platinum?

Charon made much more appearances. It's just that nobody, besides me, liked him. He said some weird stuff during your raid of their HQ and then he tried to awaken Heatran.

ON TOPIC: They should include an anti-hero, like Silver. He was the best rival due to his dark past. Also, I want a real evil leader like Giovanni since that guy was pretty cool.

MrGriszell
March 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
What if we have the same characters but are in Hoenn? It would take care of the gen 3 remake( of course it wouldn't be a R/S remake but kinda like a sequel ) the story can as easily continue there as it would in unova

March 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM
An evil dad seems unlikely this generation...
I'll like to see two new rivals, one that is like Green/Blue and the other who is like Silver (maybe the silver like rival can be a girl, we need a tough female rival), who is connected to Plasma somehow...

Oryx
March 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM
What if we have the same characters but are in Hoenn? It would take care of the gen 3 remake( of course it wouldn't be a R/S remake but kinda like a sequel ) the story can as easily continue there as it would in unova

I think people that want a real sequel to B/W wouldn't like that it's not in the region they like, and the people that want the R/S remakes won't like that they got gypped out of their own remake in favor of this. :(

As for new characters, I'm not sure adding a dad would make me happy but maybe have the new protagonist a younger sibling that was born while you were on your journey, so ~10 years later in the region. Child without a dad

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 20th, 2012, 11:08 PM
No reason to do that. That would be like taking the same characters and having them show up in, say, Kershaw County, South Carolina. They would have absolutely no reason to stray that far from their home region (maybe a couple would travel overseas, but I can't imagine a majority of the main cast from B/W making a mass exodus elsewhere).

One thing that hasn't been done has been making the rival your sibling. If you're a guy, your sister becomes your rival. Play as the girl, and it's your brother. Maybe they can even become jealous that you keep pwning them and join the dark side :P

Yes, I do have a thing about wanting your rival and family members to be secretly evil. I think that would be a cool plot twist.

MrGriszell
March 21st, 2012, 06:18 AM
Well I figure your champion why wouldn't you and Cheren travel to another region? In B/W Looker did recruit you to help stop team plasma why not recruit you to help somewhere else. I could see Cheren wanting to be a member of the international police force. Besides if Cynthia can make it to Unova I see no reason why we can't go to Hoenn. I am one of the ones who do want a remake of R/S but if we don't this could be the next best thing. Of course the story would take place after the original R/S so we can see the after effects .

pryce10
March 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM
GF never said not making RS remakes in the future. Here is one reason why we can not go to hoenn WHAT IS THE LINK!!!! Seriously Looker did not recruit you but he just asked you for help. Cheren being international force... I'll buy that but I have to ask again... WHAT IS THE LINK!!! GF never said anything related to R/S/E remakes in this one so just give up on that hope. It will not happen.

PKMNDex
March 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure who they would add. I'm sure someone from the anime will make an appearance, but other then that I'm not sure...

MrGriszell
March 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
GF never said not making RS remakes in the future. Here is one reason why we can not go to hoenn WHAT IS THE LINK!!!! Seriously Looker did not recruit you but he just asked you for help. Cheren being international force... I'll buy that but I have to ask again... WHAT IS THE LINK!!! GF never said anything related to R/S/E remakes in this one so just give up on that hope. It will not happen.

Thats the thing about sequels, the story continues. I'm not saying it would happen , or I even want it to, but do you think it would be impossible for Game Freak to create a link? It's not hard to do, I'm pretty sure a child could come up with a reason why our charecter would go to hoen. Its improbable but not impossible.

pryce10
March 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thats the thing about sequels, the story continues. I'm not saying it would happen , or I even want it to, but do you think it would be impossible for Game Freak to create a link? It's not hard to do, I'm pretty sure a child could come up with a reason why our charecter would go to hoen. Its improbable but not impossible.

yes a child can come up with half-assed reason like Kyogor was a brother to Rashiram so there is a link or how about May as long lost sister to N and that is why he went to Hoenn. Yes a reason can be made but that dose not mean it can be GOOD reaon for Hoenn can be in this game.

OT: I really think we can play as new charecters to finish off the plot-holes BW left us.

MrGriszell
March 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
yes a child can come up with half-assed reason like Kyogor was a brother to Rashiram so there is a link or how about May as long lost sister to N and that is why he went to Hoenn. Yes a reason can be made but that dose not mean it can be GOOD reaon for Hoenn can be in this game.

OT: I really think we can play as new charecters to finish off the plot-holes BW left us.

Are you being seriouse? So your saying there can be no plot created that would make a good story for the main charecter to be in Hoenn?.

pryce10
March 21st, 2012, 07:54 PM
Are you being seriouse? So your saying there can be no plot created that would make a good story for the main charecter to be in Hoenn?.

yes because Hoenn has much connection to unova as Japan has to usa ( remember Hoenn is based on southern part of Japan and unova is based on New York city. Plus it has been suggested that Unova is Isolated from other region. So linking them would be easy as linking East ( asia ) to West ( Europ/America))

Drakes
March 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM
yes because Hoenn has much connection to unova as Japan has to usa ( remember Hoenn is based on southern part of Japan and unova is based on New York city. Plus it has been suggested that Unova is Isolated from other region. So linking them would be easy as linking East ( asia ) to West ( Europ/America))They are? What are all the regions based off of?

J_BiGGiE
March 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM
They are? What are all the regions based off of?

All of the regions save for Unova are based off of various regions in Japan.

Drakes
March 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM
All of the regions save for Unova are based off of various regions in Japan.So they give us the biggest and most complex region. Makes sense.

Mista T
March 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM
yes because Hoenn has much connection to unova as Japan has to usa ( remember Hoenn is based on southern part of Japan and unova is based on New York city. Plus it has been suggested that Unova is Isolated from other region. So linking them would be easy as linking East ( asia ) to West ( Europ/America))

I'm not going to take a side on this, but you have heard of airplanes and ships, right? Because those things do indeed link Japan with the US, due to the needs of commerce, travel, business, etc. Japan and the US are not separate: they've waged war against each other and house each other's natives. If you're claiming that Hoenn and Unova have nothing in common geographically or in terms of mythos, that's right: they're opposites. But, due to the fact that they are opposites, they are thus related in their contrasting nature.

wombateiro
March 21st, 2012, 10:55 PM
I think both Hoenn and Unova have similarly contrasting environments to reuse Unova's environmental elements in R/S remakes. Putting Hoenn in B2/W2 would be nonsense imo. The main reason Kanto is connected to Johto is because they share League. Hoenn and Unova have their own Leagues, so what's the point of putting them in one game? And saying that Unova's characters and Pokemon will randomly move to Hoenn is even more nonsense.

To decrease chances of Hoenn being in B2/W2, think about Emerald's storyline - after Kyogre and Groudon escaped from Sootopolis, Rayquaza should stay there and battle you because it's game's mascot. But it escaped as well! I think it's proof that in R/S remakes, after they three escape, Kyogre or Groudon, depending on your version will reappear in Cave of Origin to battle. I think R/S remakes were already planned during Emerald's development and that's why game creators decided Rayquaza to escape, to make plot support for Kyogre or Groudon reappearance.

MrGriszell
March 22nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
I think both Hoenn and Unova have similarly contrasting environments to reuse Unova's environmental elements in R/S remakes. Putting Hoenn in B2/W2 would be nonsense imo. The main reason Kanto is connected to Johto is because they share League. Hoenn and Unova have their own Leagues, so what's the point of putting them in one game? And saying that Unova's characters and Pokemon will randomly move to Hoenn is even more nonsense.

To decrease chances of Hoenn being in B2/W2, think about Emerald's storyline - after Kyogre and Groudon escaped from Sootopolis, Rayquaza should stay there and battle you because it's game's mascot. But it escaped as well! I think it's proof that in R/S remakes, after they three escape, Kyogre or Groudon, depending on your version will reappear in Cave of Origin to battle. I think R/S remakes were already planned during Emerald's development and that's why game creators decided Rayquaza to escape, to make plot support for Kyogre or Groudon reappearance.

Obviously if the charecter is in Hoenn it wouldn't be random. What if Cheren gets offered a league position and you go there to visit . But I guess having a main charecter go to a new region because someone he's close to has gotten a new job there would be completely Random and would never work for a place like Hoenn .

Like I said do I think it will happen idk. Could it happen hecks yea. For those who think there can't be a good story created having our main charecter in Hoenn well....thank god you don't work for Game Freak. I'm not sure how long everybody has been a fan of Pokemon ,
BUT I'VE BEEN RASING LEVEL 100 リザードン LIZARDON SINCE BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT EXISTED (Journey started 3/01/96) . So I can actually see a story working out.

wombateiro
March 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
For those who think there can't be a good story created having our main charecter in Hoenn well....thank god you don't work for Game Freak. I'm not sure how long everybody has been a fan of Pokemon ,
BUT I'VE BEEN RASING LEVEL 100 リザードン LIZARDON SINCE BEFORE YOU EVEN KNEW IT EXISTED (Journey started 3/01/96) . So I can actually see a story working out.

0_o... okay...

Even the fact that new Kyurem's forms are mascots of B2/W2 indicates that Unova will be those games' main region, not Hoenn. Making Hoenn the main region for B2/W2 would be totally ridiculous. Also remember that Hoenn's storyline from R/S/E is not officially indicated that it takes place at similar time or after Unova's storyline because in B/W there is info about Team Rocket and Galactic but nothing about Aqua/Magma. So it looks like Hoenn is going to have it's story copied from R/S/E and probably have addition of references to B/W storyline.
Characters from Unova could appear in Hoenn but only in R/S remakes and only as supporting characters.

MrGriszell
March 22nd, 2012, 01:32 PM
0_o... okay...

Even the fact that new Kyurem's forms are mascots of B2/W2 indicates that Unova will be those games' main region, not Hoenn. Making Hoenn the main region for B2/W2 would be totally ridiculous. Also remember that Hoenn's storyline from R/S/E is not officially indicated that it takes place at similar time or after Unova's storyline because in B/W there is info about Team Rocket and Galactic but nothing about Aqua/Magma. So it looks like Hoenn is going to have it's story copied from R/S/E and probably have addition of references to B/W storyline.
Characters from Unova could appear in Hoenn but only in R/S remakes and only as supporting characters.

Nice call on the mascots , but ok let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

Lol I'm not saying this will happen I'm just say with a little effort a story can be thought up for a way for us to be in Hoenn lol

wombateiro
March 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Nice call on the mascots , but ok let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

That's good idea but it's hard to imagine Kyurem traveling that far due to it's body damage. How would Kyurem even know where N is? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it return alone to Unova. He releases all his Pokemon during B/W because every time you battle with him, his Pokemon are different, caught in area you currently are.

Like I said before Hoenn is most likely not to appear in B2/W2 and have its story copied in R/S remakes because from B/W point of view, Hoenn's story probably hasn't happened yet and it needs to rewritten with references to B/W story and characters.

MrGriszell
March 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
That's good idea but it's hard to imagine Kyurem traveling that far due to it's body damage. How would Kyurem even know where N is? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram and let it return alone to Unova. He releases all his Pokemon during B/W because every time you battle with him, his Pokemon are different, caught in area you currently are.

Like I said before Hoenn is most likely not to appear in B2/W2 and have its story copied in R/S remakes because from B/W point of view, Hoenn's story probably hasn't happened yet and it needs to rewritten with references to B/W story and characters.

I do agree it will most likely not appear. But here's a thought , you know how when you bring certain Pokemon to areas and event would happen, and in the entralink let you go into other peoples games? What if the encoded a different set of dialog and events and make it possible to trade the main charecters into the sequels and the remakes. So we could have like an extended post story

Forever
March 22nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
I'd have deleted posts or moved but there's way too many, partially my fault for letting the other borderline discussion continue, assuming it would be okay - without actually mentioning something about what this thread is.

This thread is not about whether we'll have R/S remakes. This thread is not about whether your character will travel to Hoenn. The thread is not about whether your character travels to Hoenn. The only thing possible to happen is for Hoenn characters to be in B2/W2. Just mention that and not have a full on discussion here when the appropriate thread is called "More than just Unova?" If you wanna discuss Hoenn being in the games, by all means post there. Just stay on-topic here, kay?

Drakes
March 22nd, 2012, 05:07 PM

Lol I'm not saying this will happen I'm just say with a little effort a story can be thought up for a way for us to be in Hoenn lolHere's something to look at. Say N did leave and we chase him in B2/W2 and he so happens travels to Hoenn. We would then arrive at the league in Hoenn or the city with the beach/mall (forgot the name) where the guy is who looks out across the ocean or the actual city for big cargo boats. This is where our character would meet our new "friends" in Hoenn. Then we begin our main Hoenn story as the gyms more like side missions.

wombateiro
April 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
If there are new protagonists, I would like them to be rich kids being brought up by overprotective parents. They would live in big house in Unova's upstate. Storyline would start showing protagonist going on Pokemon journey without telling parents because they would never allow that. Actual gameplay would start after showing protagonist arriving to Nuvema Town and going to Juniper's laboratory to choose one of starters.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
I definite;y support the "rich" protagonist idea, as well as the idea of them coming from another city originally. It would definitely be a nice change from the norm.

coughcough*my own trainer character is a rich girl from a comparatively large city*coughcough

Or, another idea (and one I used for the speculation contest) would be your character actually be a special agent on the trail of *insert evil team here* and have the go undercover as a newbie trainer, having to go through the motions of getting a starter, collecting badges, etc. while trying to uncover a mystery and stop the antagonists' nefarious schemes.

April 3rd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Well it's rumored that we will have all new gym leaders, if so than the whole cast might shift...we can expect a whole lot of new characters, I simply hope they are as or more interesting than the first batch.
I'll like to see some of the old character from the other games reappear, like for the champion tournament they could have one of the two player characters from each generation appear and challenge our trainer (also acknowledging our achievements in the previous 14-15 games plus remakes).

Vodoun
April 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM
If anyone goes for a younger character, it's Brycen lool. Since he's so forgettable, nobody would care if he's replaced.

I'm personally not going to forget that jerk-face, for making me risk my life for a dumb gym badge.