• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you capable of killing?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Before you answer this, consider all the possibilities of things happening: an intruder entering your home, someone attacking you, anything that puts you in the position of defending your life, etc. Also consider your emotional and physical capabilities. Do you think you're capable of killing?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Not saying I would cope with it fine afterwards, I have no idea what kind of mental impact that would have, but yes I could.
physically? if it's some huge bamf and I don't have a weapon, then no.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I think I could, but then again, I don't know if I could.

I really hate people, but I also feel bad for them sometimes.

But if I was in said situation, I could.

Ayselipera

If I was defending myself or another I could easily kill someone else. I have thought about it a million times and the thought just doesn't phase me at all. Of course I haven't actually been in the situation so WHO KNOWS, but knowing myself I can see it.

I also have always felt like if I was pushed to certain limits and had no one that important to me in my life then I could possibly kill someone. But I see the scenario as me literally having no one left and being completely depressed, angry, and desperate for all sorts of reasons and conditions being horribly right, so I highly doubt it would ever happen.

I think deep down everyone has the ability to kill another it's just deeper for others.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
That's true, humans are the most dangerous species. I think you just have to be a certain way before you can actually kill someone.

For example, I never tend to feel guilty, and people like that are probably the killers, most of the time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Frankly, if push came to shove and I felt my safety was in jeopardy, I probably could kill. Of course I'd need a weapon of some sort and I'd need to be convinced that there aren't any other options.

Years
Given certain circumstances I believe I would have the ability to end the life of someone else. As for how I would cope after the fact, I honestly cannot say without experiencing it myself.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Mentally/emotionally, I think I would totally be able to do it if the circumstances necessitated it. I also don't think I'd struggle with too many feelings of guilt afterwards if I were defending my life. Better them than me.

Physically though, I don't think so. I'd need a weapon like a gun to be able to physically kill somebody, because I really have no strength or fighting skill :P

Years
Yea I'd be capable of killing someone if I had some sort of tool to assist me and I had the motive to do so. I don't think I'd handle the guilt of it afterwards though, I'd probably end up either taking my own life or going completely insane and being sectioned for the rest of my life.
Honestly the worse thing that comes to mind right now about killing someone in self defence is the whole law thing that would come afterwards.

Years
Yes, once you're standign over someone after gaining the upper hand its hard to stop I could see myself in a more serious situation killing but the guilt after would probably drive me loopy

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
i think i could. physically, i'm a rather fit person -- not like i'm athletic or anything, but i'm not frail either. emotionally... well, if it were a "me vs. the robber/rapist/murderer/etc." and there were no other options of escaping, i'm pretty sure that i wouldn't be traumatised as much [killing him/her], seeing as, if i hadn't done the deed, i wouldn't have even survived.

devilicious

dream
Years
emotionally? yeah probably
defending myself or my dear ones is first priority always!

physically? I'm as weak and frail as a princess so unless I have some kind of weapon, no

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
No way, I wouldn't even think of killing another person. I'm too much a softy to even punch someone. I suppose I'm very much against violence, I don't think killing someone would solve anything.

If I were attacked, or in danger of my life, I suppose the only way I'd kill is if it was the only thing I could do.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Oh yes I think I am, I have no idea how I would mentally deal with it, but emotionally I'm capable probably. Whether I am physically just depends on the other person but in general I think I am. I've thought of so many scenario's before, countless of times and I can imagine me breaking down but it wouldn't matter.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
"Pulling the trigger" is not relatively difficult. It's hard to say no when it requires so little effort that can be triggered through panic even.

Hand combat though... Nobody realizes how hard a simple punch is in a real fight is until they try it and promptly break their hand. Knowing how to punch is approximately 1/4th the battle. Most of the remaining 3/4th is being willing to actually kill someone in such a fashion. Don't let anyone tell you it's easy. It's not. Most of the people who cross that boundary are quite frankly violent, unstable criminals.

Even professional boxers find themselves often unable to cross this boundary when they get into a real fight where neither person is holding back. Not being willing can quickly turn the tables against you, because a punch from someone who is actually trying is a devastating thing regardless of size or strength.

The sheer amount being willing matters in a fight is the reason that drunk spousal abuse never ends in the victim subduing the drunk. The judgement impairing effects of alcohol can and will literally make many people a better fighter simply by making them more willing.

Ultimately I'm very unsure if I'd be able to force myself to be willing to do such a thing, even if my life were in danger.

Years
No. With my brain replaced by another, not-so-nice one maybe, but no. Just no.
And if I would end up killing someone in a car accident while I survive or something I would probably just go insane and spend the unhappy rest of my life in a mental health institution.

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
Years
Unfortunately, I am a very violent person.
No I wouldn't kill because I'm pissed of nor because I just wanted to.

I believe that if I were to be attacked, or robbed, or if someone tried to harm my family, I could most certainly defend myself. (As in kill them)

I have a fiery spirit, and the only thought that scares me is going to prison for it. If I could kill and not go to prison afterwards (We are all assuming it's self defense) then I wouldn't feel any guilt nor fear.

I guess part of this is because I don't believe in heaven nor hell, so there's nothing to fear afterlife wise, though I do believe in Karma. I think if you were killing someone with "bad" karma though (Such as a person that is a murderer for fun or robber, etc) then you shouldn't receive any bad karma in return for that.

Though as I've stated, murdering would not come hard for me, unless I had nothing to defend myself with and they had a gun or something, but even then I would try to get it from them and turn it on them, and if it happened just to be all out physical, I'm a woman soooo obviously I'd lose to a grown man if that's what I was up against. If I did by chance happen to have a knife, gun, other weapon or thing that could be used as a weapon, I think murder would be almost like second nature.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm...just not capable of killing anyone at all. It feels morally wrong to me that I kill someone because I'd regret killing someone afterward if I were to do it.

Back