PDA

View Full Version : Favourite first-bug?

qw13
February 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Which is your favourite pokemon which is the first bug you can encounter?
For me, it is Sewaddle.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
February 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Spinarak, its soooooo cute! Also, a giant spider would be sooooooooooo scary to battle :D

Nikorasu
February 11th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Caterpie, mainly for the fact it evolves into a Butterfree!

Kajini
February 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Ledyba because Ledian seems like a ninja.

BZW Golem
February 11th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Ledyba, It just looks so sweet <3

And Ledian is both sweet and cool xD

Stunna
February 11th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Weedle because of Beedrill.

PlatinumDude
February 11th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Venipede, because Scolipede looks awesome aesthetically. It's also decent competitively because of its high Speed and okay Attack and move pool.

Yoshikko
February 11th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Definitely Caterpie, bug type is one of my favourite types though so I love them all. I like Caterpie's line (even though it doesn't make sense, see Venomoth/Butterfree theory but anyways), it's cute and I loved seeing it in the anime.

Toshiro.
February 11th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Caterpie is my favorite, but Spinarak is awesome also.

Alli
February 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Ledyba! It's adorable. Spinarak is a close second though. It's cute too, and I have had good experience in using Ariados. Anyway, this is comparing Pokemon and not really games, so this is off to Pokemon General. My vote is going to Ledyba btw. lol

Blue
February 11th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Spinirak or Ledyba, I've always loved those two but I've never really been fond of the Caterpie, Weedle or Wurmple line.. Kricetot I love too.

Jellicent♀
February 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Spinarak. <3
He's so freaking cuuuuute. <3
Wurmple is a close second, though. They're so cute. <3
That's a lot of hearts, but yeah, cute bug Pokemon are a plus to me.

Cassino
February 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM
In and of themselves I suppose Wurmple. I like its cry and it has a proportionate body whereas most of these bugs have huge heads.
Considering their evolutions however: Weedle/Beedrill.

Kirbychu
February 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Weedle, because Beedril was, is, and always will be one of the coolest Pokemon.

Aquacorde
February 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Ah I quite like Wurmple. Probably cause the first game I played was Emerald and I caught one and it grew up into a Beautifly that kicked butt. :> And it's cute.

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 14th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Spinarak, since I found it to be adorable yet awesome when I was younger but Weedle and Venipede aren't too bad either, if I had to choose between those 3 though it would be Spinarak without a doubt since it's a childhood favorite of mine lol.

Alice
February 14th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Tough choice... Definitely between Ledyba and Caterpie... I think I'm gonna go with Ledyba though.

arbok
February 15th, 2012, 03:56 AM
caterpie. Proberly the weakest but still the best. Weedle, Spinarak, Ledyba, wurmple and Venipede are all cool though

Galukxy
February 15th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Caterpie. Only because it evolves into Butterfree and Butterfree always seemed pretty cool to me.

Mentalii
February 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Caterpie, it's weak but this little caterpillar remind me a lot of memories, back in the old BRY years... And it evolves into Butterfree. That is a good point.

Ostrich
February 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Definitely Caterpie. When I was playing Blue as a kid I tried my best to adhere to Ash in the anime, even though I never got a Pikachu, haha.

Gleam Noiyam
February 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ledyba. I find it cute. And I love training Ledyba in my generation III games until it becomes a Ledian~.

xSkullKing16x
March 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hmm... Tie between Spinarack, Ledyba, and Venipede.

Hikamaru
March 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I picked Caterpie on this poll cos I love Butterfree's look.

I like Sewaddle's final evo (Leavanny) too.

psyanic
March 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Ledyba! It's so adorable and Ledian is awesome.

Joshawott
March 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Mine's Spinarak. No real reason other than the fact that I had the episode in which it made its first appearance on VHS and watched it about 100 times. :laugh:

Timbjerr
March 14th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Two years ago, I would've claimed a tie between Weedle and Spinarak by merit of how badass Beedrill and Ariados are designed, but Black/White introduced SCOLIPEDE, the most awesomest of awesome bug-types who shall be forever revered as the giant grub-centipede of mass destruction. XD

Jobrjo
March 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
On my current profile, I'll be maining a Beedrill, and possibly (don't like it's moves, but TMs/HMs/Tutors may change things) a Butterfree. I saw plenty of Weedils, caught the 1st one. Yet for some strange reason, that was all for a while. I don't knwo why, but it took soooooooo long to find a Caterpie! I even saw Metapods and Kakunas 1st. It took way longer than it should've.
I even stumbled upon FOUR Pikachus, while trying to avoid grass spots. I'm not interested in one, so I didn't catch any. But I think I may have sa mreo of them than Caterpie, or at least close!
Note: this was in Viridian Forest.

Anyway, I have 2 favorites, Beedrill and Parasect :D

ShinyUmbreon189
March 20th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Spinarak, Idk if I spelled it right? Because Spinarak evolves into Ariados and Ariados is my favorite bug Pokemon.

Melonator
March 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Caterpie! I loved having this little guy in my team when I first got my hands of Pokemon FR/LG. I like its evolution line and as well as a few of its moves; abusing Sleep Powder and other status-inducers...

Ledyba and Sewaddle comes to a close second. Just look at those adorable critters! I also like the designs of their evolution line, especially Swadloon.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Definitely Wurmple for me :) He involves into a moth so that keeps me sweet haha :)

If Caterpie actually evolved into Venomoth then things would be a different story haha, but yeah definitely Wurmple :)

Halcyon
April 5th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Wurmple! It's adorable, and I love the fact that its evolution always holds a surprise for me. :D

Patchisou Yutohru
April 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Caterpie was my first one, and because of that it's my favorite.

Turn-it
April 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Caterpie FTW!!!! Butterfree is awesome! I loved compound eyes. It got me out of a lot of type spots. :D

Kazoki
April 10th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I don't know why,most people think that weedle is really boring
but i really like it ^^ and Beedrill is my 2nd fav pokemon :)

Zephele
April 10th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Wurmple used to be my favourite, just based on how awesome Dustox was when I used it, but now Sewaddle has stolen my heart. I think it's adorable, and Leavanny is pretty great.

3L3MEN2
April 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Ledyba cuz when they turn into Ledian they kick butt even though the're pretty weak

Brendino
April 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Caterpie would be my favorite on that list, since Butterfree is usually a mainstay in my party. I guess Ledyba and Wurmple would be 2nd and 3rd respectively, but they're quite far behind.

miltankRancher
April 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
used to be caterpie., but I realized how awesome Leavenny is.

viccuh
April 16th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Never really paid much attention to bug-type, because they weren't great battle wise and also they didn't look that good for my taste. But the first time I saw Sewaddle I fell in love with a bug-type for the first time. Too bad it's evolutions look kind of retarded...

rpg man
May 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM
for me it would be caterpie!

Cherrim
May 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Spinarak! I love spiders and it's so cute! I also really like Caterpie and I suppose I like its line better than Spinarak's (not that I ever use either of them) but Spinarak wins on its own. It was also one of my first Pokemon when I first played Gold version and since then, I don't usually bother with the bug types so it was really the last one I trained and got attached to. :P

Forever
May 22nd, 2012, 01:49 AM
Omgomg, Spinarak used to be my favourite back in Johto days, to find at least. It seemed so mysterious, hiding in the dark. idk Johto appleased me. HOWEVER, Caterpie leads to Butterfree which was one of my favourites, so tempted to go with that. :3

Apollo
May 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Wurmple. <3 It's cute and I never know who will he evolve into.

Plusleminun
May 28th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Spinarak, because it's an small, green, posion-looking spider. (:

The Fallen
May 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I have a feeling that Caterpie is going to run away with this one. Most people tend to find it cute and cuddley. I personally like it because of the Metapod standoff that Ash had in the early days of the anime.

manutdrule
May 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Caterpie. Those RBY days...

Mr Cat Dog
June 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM
Ariados is my favourite of the evolved bugs, so I'll go with Spinarak on this poll. Most of the first-bugs, in and of themselves, I find annoying, but Spinarak was always kinda cool in that it was the first to come out mainly at night, and it's sort of cute without being super-annoying. (I'm looking at you, Weedle!) I really dislike the newer bugs, so it was always between this and Caterpie; as I'm not the biggest Butterfree fan, Spinarak gets my vote.

Mooseqwert-Pokemaster
June 1st, 2012, 05:36 AM
Who wouldnt want a giant spider to follow you?

Cid
June 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Goodness this is hard. I know picking one from these would have many possible reasons to be based on but it's still really difficult. I loved most of the early Bug-types and usually catch at least one for every generation so they all have good reason to be chosen.

I'm gonna have to go with Caterpie. It was my first Bug-type and it started the tradition of catching them so that's good enough a reason as any. Butterfree is really neat and pretty much a series staple, too. Close to it would be Ledyba and Sewaddle, both of which are really cute but, I don't think I'll pick them over Caterpie any time soon.

Kotowari
June 2nd, 2012, 11:40 PM
My vote goes to Venipede. Despite having many fond memories of training Caterpies to get past Brock, the cute animation of Spinarak in Crystal, hoping that Wurmple for once would not evolve into Cascoon, the only bug Pokémon that made it to the end of my game was Venipede. I absolutely adore that Pokémon's evolution line and it's well worth training.
I also love Scolipede's design. : D

Atomic Pirate
June 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Spinarak, Spinarak, Spinarak! It looks cool, albeit a bit creepy, which is great. It was the first spider-like Pokemon, and definitely one of the coolest. It's even a tad cute! Cute, creepy, and cool, what else could you ask for?

Xebelleon
June 19th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Spinarak, if I'm not evolving. Why? Looks like a Skulltula from a Zelda game.

If I'm evolving? Kricketot. Kricketune was useful ingame somewhat given it could X-scissor, False Swipe, and Shadow Claw. Not as weak to Snowpoint helped it get attack ev points.

Pidgey
June 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Haha, how convenient that I notice this thread just as I change my theme.

Weedle is quite obviously my first choice, as I just feel like it's a really cool Pokémon. It's design simple, yet I still love it so much. It wasn't nearly as useless as Caterpie was in its early stages, and Beedrill's a pretty awesome Pokémon, one that I really liked when I was younger.

As a close second comes Spinarak, mainly because it's one of the most adorable Bug Pokémon there is out there, and they did well in making one of the bugs I despise the most into something really adorable.

Ultimate Uchiha
July 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Definitely Venipede mainly because it was the easiest for me to raise due to the fact that it can hold it's own in battle.

Itcheeee
July 2nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Caterpie, Spinarak and Weedle are my favorites. The others I'm not a big fan of.

Boomburst
July 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sewaddle is barely useful in battle, so my vote reluctantly goes to it. Still a horrible pokemon and evolution line in general. Someone tell GL that Bug/Grass type combination was a bad idea with Parasect.

Sodom
July 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I love all the first bugs because they're adorable and most of them evolve really fast, but I love Caterpie the most and here's why:

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red. This means that in Viridian Forest, I had Weedles coming out my ears while Caterpies were rare. That meant I had to spend ages and ages searching for a Caterpie just so that I could beat Brock (I always chose Charmander because Fire Pokemon are win, but it made Brock hard). So then, when a Caterpie would appear, it would fill me with such JOY that I have associated Caterpie with awesomeness ever since.

Also, the episode where Ash catches Caterpie in the anime is awesome :P

Starsprite
July 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
You have to love the Spinarak. You just have to. Okay. No you don't. :c

Actually I like Weedle too, even though they are admittedly annoying. I think I'm going to vote Weedle because it isn't getting any love.

diab_low
July 7th, 2012, 05:50 AM
funny thing caterpie is the only bug ive played with untill the final evolution it did wonders for me

Tamaska
July 8th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Caterpie, no doubt. Just..Nostalgia is what makes me like the caterpillar so much.

Aerinoctis
July 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I dislike all of them except Wurmple, Spinarak, and Caterpie, and because I'm indifferent with those three, I'm going to choose Caterpie since it was the original.

Influential_Mew
July 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
Caterpie for its third evolution- Butterfree.