PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Landorus vs [Thundurus] vs Tornadus

Kaori
February 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/c7sTN.png

TORNADUS VS LANDORUS VS THUNDURUS

This Weekly Poll is being switched back up a bit with a 3 VS 3. I've had such a stormy weekend that this just had to be called for. To me these three are portrayed as built up frustration that they let out within the weather aggravating Mother Nature so she bans them from channeling these signals of anger and sorrow they keep within themselves but let out on our lands across Unova. However these three have too much power for Mother Nature even though she doesn't listen to anyone because she likes to only listen to herself and be stuck up so she doesn't believe they are right in any way...but that's besides the point.... So these three fight amongst themselves battling against each other letting out these strong fields of power willing to accept that they are stubborn but will keep on playing the field because they like to stand up for themselves. And at times they work together, their powers reunited. Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus are more than just their power but they bring it out on Unova to let others feel how it is to be them, and everyone hates their mood being brought down but that isn't the Weather Trio's ideal point. If everyone would stop pretending they know it all and "know what it takes to break down the trio", would then the trio stop bringing their dark feelings onto others. But since that just doesn't seem to be happening they choose to fight against each other, which brings down Unova's peaceful atmosphere for maybe the trio doesn't need your smart remarks but your help and your support. Landorus always believed himself to be a leader and so he overpowers the two in certain battling areas. However Thundurus wouldn't stand for this madness and works out of his way to defeat Landorus even though deep down he sees him like an elder sibling. Tornadus often feels left out but tries hard to control the way he thinks, but when he can't control it he takes it out on both of them and so the 3 vs 3 starts. They work in a fierce way but deep down inside, they have really soft feelings too. Reach them.

ANYWAY, WHICH ONE OF THE THREE WILL IT BE?

Katniss Everdeen
February 12th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Oh wow, this is a hard one.
I'm going to choose Landorus because he isn't a roamer and wasn't a pain in my arse to catch.

Forever
February 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
TORNADUS.

I consider myself a leader but really, Landorus drives me crazy in OU, and Tornadus is actually fun to use in rain. Plus... Thundurus is ubers, so lack of use. :(

I used to like Thundurus first btw, but competitive changed meee.

Alinthea
February 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Thundurus is my choice.
I prefer the Pokemon over all of them and I also consider myself a boss... XD

Reshiram Man
February 12th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I felt the want to pick Landorus, mainly because his moveset and typing really appealed to me, minus the 4x weakness to Ice.

Mew~
February 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Landorus for me. Trio master is trio master. Also, I have to agree with the whole, it not roaming thing.

Design wise, I suppose Thundurus is quite awesome looking.

Hoenn
February 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
If any I think it'd have to be Tornadous, I just prefer him over the three.

Mr Cat Dog
February 12th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I just love that Tornadus means that there's finally a pure Flying-type Pokemon. The others aren't 'bad', per se, but Tornadus just has that extra edge accordingly.

Yoshikkko
February 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Design wise I like Landorus the best, BUT he gives me so much trouble in battling that I'm gonna vote for Thundurus who did us all a favour by getting ban :>

LegendaryFSK
February 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Tough one, almost went with Tornadus, but eventually had to go with Landorus on this one. Like a couple others said, the fact that Landorus isn't a roamer helped with my decision on this one.

Cordelia
February 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I like Landorus... he finds a lot of use on my sand team :D Such a powerful sweeper.

Overlord Drakow
February 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Vote for Thundurus even though Tornadobro is the real bro. I used Thundurus briefly in my Pokemon TCG deck so.

Oryx
February 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Uh wtf@that intro, lol.

Anyway I don't play with any of them but I think Thundurus looks coolest. Tornadus' colors are terrible and Landorus is just boringgg.

Jeff Gordon
February 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Because of my past in the 360 days of Battlefield, I'd be more of a boss than a thinker/leader with my very unique playing style for that and Halo. So Thundurus would fit my description of who I am. Plus, I love the crackling lightnings, the look is just amazing. So another reason to go with Thundurus

And finally.

Best looking of the trio of course. BOSS!

Hikamaru
February 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I voted for Thundurus cos I love its color scheme and it looks cooler than Tornadus or Landorus. Plus it has awesome typing that it only shares with Zapdos, Emolga and Fan Rotom.

PlatinumDude
February 12th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I never used any of them, but I might go with Thundurus because it's a bit more versatile than Tornadus when it comes to Prankster (priority Thunder Wave).

GokuRikaku
February 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
While I never used any of the 3, but when it comes to design Thundurus wins for me. Mostly cause of the blue and that weird tail it has.

이큐리
February 12th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Even though I can't vote (already did on my alt) I just want to say that Landorus is still the best. ;] Thundurus and Tornadus seem awesome in battle though. Trying to catch them/RNG them is a real pain.

shinysweety
February 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I voted for Thundurus. This was a really hard choice since i hate them all but i looked closely and Thundurus is my fave, cause he doesn't have yucky smooth hair and ugly octopus tentacle's like Tornadus. And he doesn't look as stiff as Landorus. Lol. xD

miltankRancher
February 14th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Landorus for me. I love it's design, and its really cooler than the other two. He's like the head of a mafia gang, with Tornadus and Thundurs as his members.

EspeonX
February 14th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Let me analyse them all in terms of competitive use:

-Thundurus-

It was one of, if not, the best pokemon in OU. Prankster T-Wave was a hinderance to anything that had no immunity. NP Lum Berry was really good at sweeping, as it became immune to status for one turn while it set up. It also boasted resists to the omnipresent Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, which Tornadus suffers from being revenge killed by Scizor. And of course, base 111 speed is fast. It eventually fell to the banhammer, though. Good, but just too good.

I like it in terms of power, and it also holds a place as my good ol' Subway sweeper. It's tentacle tail thing is boss as well, it can just fire bolts of lightning like a baws.

-Tornadus-

Dwelling in the lower part of OU for a bit of time, and having spent time in UU, it is fast and powerful like it's other lightning god counterpart. With 111 base speed, and a STAB Hurricane to abuse, it is quite potent in rain. Specs Tornadus is possibly the one thing that can annihilate things in rain better than anything else, Hurricane nabbing flawless accuracy in rain. A LO Tornadus was also quite the monster in rain, as it could freely switch moves for a little less power. Hurricane was powerful, Focus Blast nailed steels like Heatran whom foolishly switch in thinking I'm a Specsbro. Then, it was down to U-Turn, and probably Rain Dance or Taunt or something...

I like it quite some, and it's green and purple skin colour reminds me of Cell. That alone makes him a baws but he needs to have Regenerator...

-Landorus-

It is quite the sweeper in the sand. It can run double dance like Terrakion, and can also use HP Ice to get past Gliscor. It gets screwed by Skarmory though.

Yeah, Tornadus is my favourite.

vaporeon7
February 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
None of the kami trio's designs ever appealed to me. They were all pretty good to use and they're all pretty much equal to me. I voted for Landorus because I have a shiny flawless one in my White that has been good to me. That was the only real reason.

Myungsoo
February 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I prefer Thundurus out of the three. I wasn't too fond of them before I started playing competitively. I was pretty upset when they banned it in OU. Tornadus is such the rain abuser, and Tornadus is quite the powerhouse.

The Nightmare
February 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Thundurus would be one, just love its design even though i am more of a thinker like tornadis.

Forever
February 14th, 2012, 08:56 PM
-Tornadus-

Dwelling in the lower part of OU for a bit of time, and having spent time in UU, it is fast and powerful like it's other lightning god counterpart. With 111 base speed, and a STAB Hurricane to abuse, it is quite potent in rain. Specs Tornadus is possibly the one thing that can annihilate things in rain better than anything else, Hurricane nabbing flawless accuracy in rain. A LO Tornadus was also quite the monster in rain, as it could freely switch moves for a little less power. Hurricane was powerful, Focus Blast nailed steels like Heatran whom foolishly switch in thinking I'm a Specsbro. Then, it was down to U-Turn, and probably Rain Dance or Taunt or something...

I like it quite some, and it's green and purple skin colour reminds me of Cell. That alone makes him a baws but he needs to have Regenerator...

:)

I voted for Thundurus. This was a really hard choice since i hate them all but i looked closely and Thundurus is my fave, cause he doesn't have yucky smooth hair and ugly octopus tentacle's like Tornadus. And he doesn't look as stiff as Landorus. Lol. xD

Pfft, looks aren't everything. ;; Well... not always!

Vote for Thundurus even though Tornadobro is the real bro. I used Thundurus briefly in my Pokemon TCG deck so.

BUT YET DRAKOW... we are in-game! Not TCG. Your vote therefore doesn't count and therefore in my mind Tornadus has one extra vote.

I just love that Tornadus means that there's finally a pure Flying-type Pokemon. The others aren't 'bad', per se, but Tornadus just has that extra edge accordingly.

YES. WONDERFUL REASONING. EVERYONE VOTE FOR THE PURE FLYING TYPE, GOGO.

(By the way if I hadn't used Tornadus competitively I'd have voted for Thundurus and now I kinda regret NOT voting for Thundurus... ;__;)

Zephyn
February 14th, 2012, 11:01 PM
This is so close...

I love Landorus because it doesn't roam, as well as the fact that it's the trio master.
But in my opinion, Tornadus has a better design and typing.

I think I'll go with Tornadus on this one.

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I'd have to say Thundurus in all honesty just due to how much I love its ability even though Tornadus has Prankster as well but Nasty Plot and the secondary typing pretty much seal the deal when it comes to choosing between those 2 for me. Landorus is nice too though but I feel like I gotta have Tyranitar or Hippowdon on my team with him 24 7 if he's gonna be that good imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I perfer Thundorus mostly due to it's design, plus I like it's typing...sadly it's movepool is quite limited compared to Landorus in my opinion.
I also like Tornadus a lot due to it being the first pure flying type...and partially proving that their can be a pure flying eeveelution in the
future...

Skylerguns
February 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Tornadus, because it looks awesome. And come on...Tornadoes? They destroy.

SirDevin
February 15th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I've played black an white I finally caught Thundurus after like 50 ultra balls an he was asleep an almost dead.

Clairissa
February 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Landorus.

I'm not particularly a fan of any of them, but he seems better to me, a ground type with a nice secondary, good stats, especially speed, and a legendary that doesn't have the boring "pressure" ability makes him all around good, even if they all look a little dumb.

Tachikaze
February 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I like all three, but Landorus gets my vote simply for the sheer power it has, and it's the Trio Master.

mineox100
February 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I say Tornadus! 'Cause it's the first pure Flying type!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
February 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Personally I like Landorus the best, favourite design typing ect, but tbh i dont really like any of the ):

Forever
February 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Yeah so about an hour left, Thundurus has a good lead, imma say it's won. How sad!

Also next poll up soon HOPEFULLY I WILL PICK A WINNER. D<