PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [Alomomola] vs Basculin

Forever
February 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Black and White Weekly Poll: Alomomola vs Basculin

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5b/594Alomomola_Dream.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/67/550Basculin_Red_Stripe_Form_Dream.png

The two fish Pokemon with not that much special about them!
Who do you pick? Discuss!

Overlord Drakow
February 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Basculin because piranhas are freaking boss.

Eucliffe
February 19th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Eh I said I wouldn't post my reason but what the hey.

Also going with Basculin 'cause of what Drakow said and 'cause Alomomola isn't really that good unless in a double or triple battle ^^; Also it isn't everywhere like Audino thus making it inferior even to that o3o

Yoshikkko
February 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Basculin HANDS DOWN. I don't like Alomomola, I don't like the name (Girafarig was cool being the only palindrome), and I also don't understand why this is just essentially a Luvdisc evo. Basculin looks p cool for a 5th gen pokemon fish, and I like the fact that he has two forms. He has some potential for a shark/piranha like evo too.

AND adding a friend's opinion here!!

(18:03:02) Laws 1: say that they both suck and I'd rather use specs mantyke
I am very tempted to agree!

Alpha King
February 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Basculin because I will always be disappointed that Alomamola is not Luvdisc's evolved form.

Kenshin5
February 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Basculin to me seems more orginial in design the Alomomola who seems to be Luvdisc 2.0. The name Alomomola is -_- quite a mouth full. I liked the two form difference with Basculin like Shellos. For future games I really hope they expand on Basculin seems it seems like it could have branch evos and stats are lackluster.

Tachikaze
February 19th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Basculin because piranhas are freaking boss.

This.

piranhas are awesome and Alomomola looks (and sounds) stupid.

Superjub
February 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
ihatealomomolabecauseitdoesn'tevolveintoluvdiscalthoughitlooksmorelikeanevolutionthanoctillerydoestoremoraid.

The choices are pretty poor, to be honest. No, not the Pokemon chosen and how they relate to each other. I can understand that. Just how useful they are. I'd rather use Generation V water-type Pokemon like Carracosta or a personal favourite of mine, Jellicent. Both aren't really outstanding. Anyway, Basculin at least has the edge due to having two forms and being more unique (although it's still a Carvahna rip-off.) Alomomola would actually win it for me, had it evolved from Luvdisc. It is probably the most obvious evolution, but since it doesn't evolve from Luvdisc, it just annoys me. :S

Hikamaru
February 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I go with the pink fishy, Alomomola cos Basculin always annoy me.

vaporeon7
February 19th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I voted Alomomola(lomomolalomomola).

When B/W was first introduced, I quite liked its design. Even though I was disappointed by the fact that it isn't related to Luvdisc, I still like it better than Basculin. Also I love how big the Wishes it gives off are.

Mr Cat Dog
February 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Palindromes rock, so Alomomola gets my vote easily. If Basculin had anything resembling a palindromic name, I'd vote for it in a heartbeat; it doesn't, so I didn't vote for it.

smurf
February 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Basculin i think is a better design and a better pokemon id much rather have basculin in my team than i would Alomomola

Dr. Montague
February 19th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Basculin
Only for personal reasons though. When I saw Alomomola, I was like "omg liek now they're maiking useless pogeymans useful through much needed evolutions!"
And then it turns out that Alomomola is still somewhat useful, Luvdisc will always be useless.

That and Basculin is my preferred surfing/waterfalling/diving/cutting HM Slave >:D

tente2
February 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I don't like the name (Girafarig was cool being the only palindrome),

Ho-Oh is a palindrome and was introduced in the same generation as Girafarig, and Eevee, also a palidrome, predates Girafirag.

Anyway, I voted Alomomola because it's a feminine pokemon because Basculin is, quite frankly, a stupid pokemon. It's not original in any way. It's like Magikarp, but without the mythology that it had (that a carp that climbs a waterfall becomes a dragon). It's also like Carvanah, but without a nice evolution. And I personally don't like piranhas anway. :K

Alomomola, on the other hand, is based on a sunfish, possibly one of my favorite fish species. And you may be thinking, "Hyopcrite, but you just bashed Basculin for being unimaginative, yet Alomomola is a Luvdisc-wannabe!" Well, I think differently. Alomomola is an improvement of Luvdisc (I will always hate Gamefreak for not making it a Luvdisc evo) while Basculin is a crappier version of other pokemon.

So, I think Alomomola is AWESOME.

PlatinumDude
February 19th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Basculin, because its stats are oriented towards offense, and I'm more of an offensive player. What I don't get is why Almomola doesn't evolve from Luvdisc (which is one of the reasons why I don't like Alomomola so much).

Hikamaru
February 19th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I have both forms of Basculin as well as an Alomomola in Black, all of them female.

I caught one of my Basculin in a Quick Ball, the other in a Dusk Ball. My Alomomola was also caught in a Dusk Ball.

I like Alomomola's design better plus it's pink (a sign of feminine Pokemon) and helps your team out in Double/Triple Battles.

And yes guys, you can catch both Red-stripe and Blue-stripe Basculin in the same Black or White game, so trading isn't needed to obtain both forms. It's just that one form is found normally while the other is found in rippling water.

The Nightmare
February 19th, 2012, 10:23 PM
alomomola is better than basculin because there tough.

Sector
February 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Blue Striped Basculin for sure!

However, I do LOVE Alomomola's name. It's awesome, and I like the blue striped Basculin best. The red striped Basculin, like the one in the main first post, however, I do not like

I'd choose Alomomola over that one. So it's an even 50/50 vote for me here.....but picking Basculin for this one

이큐리
February 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I'm choosing Alomomola because it's shaped like a heart and has a palindrome name.

Khall
February 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I hate both, but I guess I'll go with Basculin because Alomomola just annoys me.

Mentalii
February 22nd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Alomomola => It isn't Luvdisc's evolution. So... Why does it just exist? It totally looks like it, but bigger. And if it's not Luvdisc's evolution, it's just useless... It's weak ! I wonder... Why? Why this Pokémon? I don't know, I really don't know.

Basculin => Well, we have the blue basculin which looks ferocious, and the red one which looks ... uh... dumb. And those two fishes are tough, a pain to take down, and powerful. I hate being against them.

So my vote for Alomomola. Yes I'm serious. The piranha so much irritated me that I can't choose it :pink_pissed:

shinysweety
February 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
I voted for Alomomola, cause to me Baculin is just another creepy, ugly, weak pokemon that they make. :P

Oryx
February 22nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Anyway, I voted Alomomola because it's a feminine pokemon because Basculin is, quite frankly, a stupid pokemon. It's not original in any way. It's like Magikarp, but without the mythology that it had (that a carp that climbs a waterfall becomes a dragon).

Uh, how is it like Magikarp? It's not useless, it doesn't evolve, and it is not mentioned anywhere that there are any similarities other than both being common when you fish or surf.

That granted, I still voted for Alomomola. Its name is awesome and thoughtful, plus I think Alomomola would taste better than Basculin. My logic is awesome.

Limanya
February 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Alomomola. Just because Basculin is ugly.

이큐리
February 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Alomomola. Just because Basculin is ugly.
^ This. ^
Basculin reminds me of Carvanah.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/550.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/318.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/550-b.png

It's a tie right now. Where are all the Alomomola fans?!?

Overlord Drakow
February 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
Geeez only one vote separates the two contestants. This is gonna go down to the wire!

Forever
February 23rd, 2012, 11:31 PM
Ooh this is close. Too close. ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT.

Alomomola supporter btw, I love how its name can be said the same backwards, plus it's pretty and I liked it when it was first revealed. ;;

COME ON ALOMOMOLA, BEAT THE UGLY FISHY.

Danger Zone
February 24th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I was gonna say Alomomola, but then I saw the art and realized Basculin looked more epic.

Plus I hate Alomomola because I was never able to KO it with my team. (I forgot what my team was though lol)

yes, I'm dissing the tough guy

Hikamaru
February 24th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Basculin leading by a thread, come on Alomomola lovers!

We want the pink heart fishy to win.

Forever
February 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Basculin leading by a thread, come on Alomomola lovers!

We want the pink heart fishy to win.

23 - 23.

OMG THIS COULD GO EITHER WAY. We might even end up with a draw!!

zantetsu122
February 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
It's 24-23 because I voted Almomola. I love this pokemon, it's tankiness, it's design, and it's name's a palindrome! :)

Forever
February 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM
It's 24-23 because I voted Almomola. I love this pokemon, it's tankiness, it's design, and it's name's a palindrome! :)

Yes :33

Alomomola is making a comeback and tbh when it wins I'll be pretty pleased. Actually make that IF it wins ;x still a chance for three more people to think its ugly WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Halcyon
February 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Alomomola! (lol, I have to check the spelling there) It has amazing healing-related abilities, which could prove really useful to itself and its party members, has a ton of HP, and according to the Unova horoscope, it is also a Pisces like me! How awesome is that? :D Although like many others, I'm not pleased that it isn't an evolution of Luvdisc. :<

Forever
February 26th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'm quietly confident that Alomomola has won, with Basculin needing 3 votes to win in around 2-ish hours, and the fact that nobody really cares about Alomomola or Basculin when B2W2 is on everyone's minds, yeah... pretty sure we have a winner. Unstickying! And celebrating. Then crying if it loses only just. :(

New extra-special poll coming really soon!! :3

miltankRancher
February 26th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Alomomola simply because I like her design better. reminds me more of chansey and not luvdisc.

Hikamaru
February 26th, 2012, 06:39 AM
@Forever I wonder what the next poll is... Alomomola has won.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Since I never liked Luvdisc and I still believe that Luvdisc should evolve into an Alomomola, I would have to go with Basculin due to it's two forms which my favorite form will have to be the Blue one because it looks more evil and badass.

:t354:TG