PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Hiroshi Yamauchi [Nintendo]

mvtm
January 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Hey guys take a look i think this is a interesting interview With Hiroshi Yamauchi , the head of nintendo. Whos now retired , he talks there about Nintendo Future and about Revolution , nintendo's new game machine , currently in development. Wha you think ?? For me i dont feel Good and Bad about it...it doesnt really matter since i am not so much into VG anymore.

But you guys that still love to Play Zelda games and stuff . Take a look

Here (http://www.gamerah.com/noticias.php?bias=180#180)

Its in English and Spanish.

Lucifer
January 8th, 2005, 08:38 AM
"Kids don't want RPGs, they want Pokemon."

Makes sense. :|

Square-Enix = ratings. I really don't see how Yamauchi can play-down their influence like that. Especially when Final Fantasy III is going to shift thousands of DS units on its own. Just as FFVII:CC will with the PSP.

Pokemon Master #1
January 8th, 2005, 09:55 AM
That interview was odd.I don't really think that this interview actually took place!In the interview they said that kids don't want to read through long conversations.But I like reading through them, they add depth to the story!But then again I don't consider myself to be a kid.

TRIFORCE89
January 16th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Kirby looks homosexual?!?! What an odd interview. And a Bush insult? Politcal Nintendo?

Interesting, so Microsoft did offer to buy Nintendo. I thought iwas just a rumour. He seems quite confident the Xbox is in deep doodoo for some reason. O_o

The PSP is shaped like a giant *****? This guy is severly creeping me out.

And a little Canadian comment. I don't like very much. Lol

Yamauchi appears to be living in lalaland. Calling Mikami (of Capcom) a bastard and make lots of incredibly strong comments. And a lot of what he said doesn't even make sense. A lot.

With Iwata in charge, I hope this guy doesn't have as much say as he once did. (I know Iwata's been in charge for a while now, I haven't heard too much from Yamauchi though until recently when he mention the movie division.)

EDIT: "The scans and pictures circulating on the internet allegedly containing an interview with US technology magazine 'Wired' and Nintendo former company President Mr. Hiroshi Yamauchi are a hoax. The reported interview between 'Wired' magazine and Mr. Yamauchi never took place." ~ Nintendo of Europe

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 05:04 PM
I honestly think that is not true. "Hey Ballmer, why don't you link my tiny yellow balls?" That quote was nasty and I think it is a fake, they just tried to make the Nintendo look bad.

EDIT: Noticed T89's post, proving it was fake.

SBaby
January 16th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Article: "Sony has been corrupted by the western ethos. They don't care about loyalty or advancing in the industry..."

SBaby: "I guess Final Fantasy and the Xeno Series' are low-budget RPGs then... Hmm... Oh yeah, Baldur's Gate and Norrath must be too... Funny that a good percent of the World thinks that FF7 was the biggest milestone in the game industry..."

Article: "The PSP is probably the worst concept for a handheld device I've ever seen."

SBaby: "That may end up being the case. So, why is it that it inspired Nintendo to come up with their own then?"

Article: "I'm sure the vast majority of the PSP's catalogue will consist of remakes of old Playstation games."

SBaby: "Like Metal Gear Solid 2?"

Article: "I reckon our Nintendo DS will sweep the floor with it."

SBaby: "And Sony reckons that their PSP will sweep the floor with the DS, so what?"

Article: "Nintendo is the best software house in the world."

SBaby: "... ... ... ... ...mmm... mmm... mmm... HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!!!!!! Is this a freaking joke?"

Article: "Revolution will be the perfect platform to demonstrate that."

SBaby: "So, how about a few pics of some of these major upgrades?"

Article: "Children are bored with RPGs. They want Pokemon."

SBaby: "Hey! My Niece has Pokemon Colosseum and you know what? She would rather play Tales of Symphonia, or even play InuYasha: SOTCM! Hate to break it to you, but there ARE other RPGs out there. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't Pokemon an RPG? I've gotten lost in that game more than on ANY Final Fantasy game out there! (And I mean including the first one, kids!)"

Article: "(I don't feel like typing all of this.) The stuff about Capcom and Nintendo never working with them again at the end of the article."

Capcom: "Fine, we'll just go to Sony."

Sony: "Welcome aboard."

SBaby: "Are these people idiots or something?!"

Bottom line:

There are times when talk has to be put aside and the person or group (in this case) needs to put up, or shut up. Nintendo has been talking about their new innovative systems and how they'll win the console war for two years! TWO YEARS! Except for the DS, I have yet to see ANY real push in that direction.

As for what they said about Sony and Capcom, foolish, and very unintelligible. Capcom was one of their biggest moneymakers. What are they going to do without them? I doubt Sony will throw a great company away like that.

Do I believe it?:

I personally think that this article is completely fake. Nintendo would NEVER say or do anything that was mentioned in here. And Capcom is STILL making games for them to boot. If I read this in EGM, or one of my other magazines, I'll believe it. Otherwise, I'm not convinced.

TRIFORCE89
January 17th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I personally think that this article is completely fake. Nintendo would NEVER say or do anything that was mentioned in here. And Capcom is STILL making games for them to boot. If I read this in EGM, or one of my other magazines, I'll believe it. Otherwise, I'm not convinced.
You think correct. Read my post (the edited part)

SBaby
January 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I think it's pretty funny for a hoax. I just hope they don't get into any trouble for posting that on their site.