PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Announcement Reaction Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Cat Dog
February 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM
So, er, that happened!

As confirmed by Junichi Masuda on Pokemon Smash, as well as Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/Junichi_Masuda/status/173550186658926592), AND NOW THE OFFICIAL POKEMON WEBSITE (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/) Pokemon Black and White 2 will be released in Japan in June 2012. There appears to be two new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom and/or Kyurem.

Erm, thoughts?

Note: This thread is just for your reaction to the news (However it is not for predicting when the next leaks about the games will occur, etc - use the News Discussion Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275584) for that). We have a thread on how you feel about Black Kyurem and White Kyurem to cover the formes, platform discussion to cover the platform, storyline discussion, what "2" signifies, which version you're getting, release date discussion and what you want. Anything else will be moved to said threads.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I'm still stunned... why 2? Why not just one game like usual? Not ONLY that but it's not even on the 3DS... What is going on?

Arc
February 25th, 2012, 03:35 PM
The biggest thought that is running through my head, is this a full-blown sequel, or just a remastered version?

jakrodriguez
actually it is the new forms of kyurem if you look they look more like kyurem

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
Well this was a shocker, I thought that if they did make two third versions they would be called Grey and Gray not BW2...
I wonder if this takes place after BW...

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I hope this isn't the end of Gen V...

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 03:37 PM
They could have shown us a small clip or something like they did with HG/SS, even if it was just them strolling around for 6 seconds.

I don't know what to think yet.
And for the DS? I mean, what's the point dude?

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Updated pic:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/pokemon-black-white-2.gif

Team Fail
February 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
An official website as well: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Arc
February 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Updated pic:

http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/pokemon-black-white-2.gif

Homg. That looks pretty sexy. With all this ice everywhere, I just have a feeling Kyurem is going to be in a antagonistic role.

RedJ
February 25th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Well. Given the very limited info we have, I don't have much of an opinion. But it's nice to seem them doing something different from the usual formula.

wombateiro
February 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
When I'm looking at all this, I fell dizzy...

waters_echo
February 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
My first response to seeing the update was: "What just happened?"
My response is still "What just happened?"
This is all kinds of weird.

February 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM
^ I agree it truely makes this generation a reboot from the norm. I wonder if the main character's are the same or if they got new clothes...
I feel like this two third games is a reference for BW

DannyBoyNz
February 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ok so let me get this straight. The games are called Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon white 2
& they feature super shmexy kyurem forms.
HOW INVENTIVE GAME FREAK WHATS NEXT POKEMON RED 2

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM
It looks like Gamefreak's trying to get into Pokemon Fusion. Ugh those things are so weird.

Those red and blue things in the logo look like shiny gems, so I still want to believe.

February 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Ok so let me get this straight. The games are called Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon white 2
& they feature super shmexy kyurem forms.
HOW INVENTIVE GAME FREAK WHATS NEXT POKEMON RED 2
That is correct...
Also the sites said that the names will be revealed later...is it possible that they got new names? Like Zekyu and Reskyu?

Xander Olivieri
February 25th, 2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/common/images/txt_sml_3ds.png
This is on the bottom of the official website so it MAY be for the 3DS

February 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oh, I sure hope so...it'll improve from BW...

Noah Ridgewood
February 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM
It's for the DS, but it's compatible with the 3DS.

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM

It might be 3DS enhanced, but underneath the titles it just says it's coming to the DS in June 2012.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I saw the Red & Blue on the bottom of the logos and I was mislead D; I'll still buy these though.

Manila Luzon
February 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I just saw this on Serebii and it only mentioned being on the Ds. I hope it is, because I don't want to buy a 3DS for 1 game. ): Also why are the titles so creative? I hope it's just a placeholder name, and the new forms of Kyurem look cute. o3o; I was hoping for only 1 form but meh.

February 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Oh, well it's nice to see that they made them 3Ds enhanced that shows that game freak didn't only think of those with a 3ds or those who lack a 3ds but both ^_^
I was kind of misled too...when will we get Ruby and Sapphire 2 :P

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FyUnt.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/FyUnt.jpg)

Translation:

top left: You can play on 3DS too!

top: June 2012 - The newest game in the Pokemon Series for DS is revealed!

right: The mythical pokemon kept slumbering appears!

bottom: A completely new adventure will begin!

A NEW adventure, it looks like its a sequel which is pretty cool!

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM
That's cool. Perhaps we'll get to find out what happened to N and Ghetsis?
Also, what if we end up travelling to Hoenn, seeing as how much they spoke of it in B/W?

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM
My mind is finding this hard to process. I honestly have no judgment until I get more news. We're all just really shocked right now, because they have never done this before. People are confused, and I'm very confused as well. At the end of the day, we just need to get more news!

also at the end of the day rs remakes can be more advanced and progressed better!

Just rofling at the fact that they trolled us so hard. I'm sure they've heard of fans calling the third game "Gray" and I find this part really funny. & I know they really got me when they started showing Rayquaza and red/blue/green text.

Just...gotta process this.

giradialkia
February 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
As I said to Razor Leaf five second ago on MSN; I can and will accept this, 100%, without any question or doubt; IF they are actual sequels to Black and White, as GS were to RB. Calling something '2' means it's a sequel (or maybe even prequel). If these are gimmicky ways of giving us the 'Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum' of this generation, I'm going to be very, very upset. :(

February 25th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I'm even more curious now that before...ahhh GF even seemed to have trolled us by revealing the third versions!
I wonder if our characters will be older, and will the new group be Plasma or someone else... (Cyrus return?!... I mean Ghetsis returns?!)

Spherical Ice
February 25th, 2012, 03:59 PM
to hyped to read thread

omg this looks like a storyline sequel which is gonna be awesome and epic.

Also at the end of BW N goes to a distant land and the logos of B2W2 have red and blue tints to them (yeah I know electricity and fire but still) possible hoenn cameo? ah im excited

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I would LOVE if we got to travel to Hoenn. It looks exactly like a type of Ruby, and Sapphire under the B/W logos. Although I really do think Hoenn deserved its own remake.

Latios Master
February 25th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm very excited about the new games, but I'm disappointed and surprised that they're not 3DS games. I'm also surprised that it's two games instead of the usual one. I got White last time, but I'll be getting Black 2 this time. I like the new forms.

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Lots and LOTS of people are upset about this, even I was expecting R/S remakes but Im still happy at this. Im happy we got something unexpected, and not just a typical 'Third' game which is the same except with add ons. This seems like a whole new story, and its coming out EARLIER too which makes me even happier because we'll likely get it in English before the year ends!

Also, it was posted on the US site now:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-black-version-2-and-pokemon-white-version-2/

Sector
February 25th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Saw this on Serebii, came on here...Mm

I'm psyched! I'm for sure getting this. :)

February 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure which one I want...they both look great...
Maybe they reveal what lies "north" of Unova. Well the Red and the Blue could also mean Kanto...remember it hasn't appeared this generation yet and it always somehow finds a way into the new generation...

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
OK, now that i've taken the time to process it, i'm ok with it.
It's 2, so that means it's a sequel and not the same game. That makes it better the Gray version already.

Plus it's on DS! I don't have to rebuy my 3DS.

I'm okay with this now.

Nepse
February 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Ice Burn and Freeze Shock are probably form-exclusives... It's all coming together now!

Blue
I hope these aren't the official titles.... there's no effort or creation in that whatsoever, I'd also laugh if it just wasn't what we expected... heck we haven't seen any screenshots/videos yet so it could be anything, they might not even be the official names.

Yoshikko
u______u

I'm sorry, but in my opinion Generation V sucks.
Ye I have to agree with this cause whattt the hell is this?? I literally thought that picture was a joke fanart. I think that says enough btw lol? This is really ridiculous!!

Superjub
February 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I... I'm speechless. Two games? XD Wow, I actually am pretty shoced. But at least Kyurem's getting the forms we expected- fusions of Reshiram and Zekrom. Anyway, if it is just the third game put into two, then I too will be pretty annoyed. That would mean four games that are practically the same. :| So yeah, they'd have to be significantly different. :)

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I hope we get news on it soon. Im worried we'll have to wait until the middle of March for Coro Coro.

February 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
"Their names, Masuda promised, will be revealed later." (source Pokebeach) While I think this may be related to the formes it could also reference the title's if those aren't their names...the names do seem like place holder's to me.

Itcheeee
February 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I'm personaly very excited, I honestly thought it'd be Pokemon Grey with Kyurem only having one other form, but this is pretty interesting.

Kanto_Johto
February 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Although it does just look like they've spliced Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom, I'm sure more effort went in to making them than one would first think.

Unfortunately, it hasn't paid off. Those new Kyurem forms (or Reshiram/Zekrom forms) look terrible. Just my opinion though.

I'm liking the idea that these might be sequels to the Black/White storyline though. Having two new versions sounds promising.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I hope you can't travel to Hoenn in this because that would mean it would just be a side-quest as was Kanto in GSC also it would elimate the chance of remakes, I'm still trying to process this information, I'm honestly still expecting the unexpected... one could be for DS the other for 3DS?

Arc
February 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/02/pokemonbandw2530pxheaderimg.jpg
So, I just noticed. Kyurem (Electric) is on the black background, while Kyurem (Fire) is on the White. Maybe this is nothing, but hey you never know.

RedJ
I'm kind of just sitting here laughing because people are judging a game that's LITERALLY just been announced.

Oh, and the resulting Internet explosion is amusing, too.

Cello
I hope we get news on it soon. Im worried we'll have to wait until the middle of March for Coro Coro.

CoroCoro is sure to pack us down with information. The time frame between now and the release is pitifully small, so we'll be getting more information faster and in greater amounts.

February 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I hope you can't travel to Hoenn in this because that would mean it would just be a side-quest as was Kanto in GSC also it would elimate the chance of remakes, I'm still trying to process this information, I'm honestly still expecting the unexpected... one could be for DS the other for 3DS?
I thought about that too...but it doesn't mention that anywhere...it just seems like both of them are for the ds with 3ds enhanced features...
I'm expecting Kanto it's self to make a new return...

3Du
February 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Am I the only one that sees TWO third versions = Game Freak wants money!

February 25th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I'm kind of just sitting here laughing because people are judging a game that's LITERALLY just been announced.

Oh, and the resulting Internet explosion is amusing, too.
True but it's fun to speculate about what might come next ^_^

RedJ
February 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM

What company DOESN'T want money?

February 25th, 2012, 04:18 PM
It's possible but maybe they make up for this by releasing only one remake of Emerald...
I want some more info...my exciment is dying down too quickly...

Kanto_Johto
February 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I thought about that too...but it doesn't mention that anywhere...it just seems like both of them are for the ds with 3ds enhanced features...
I'm expecting Kanto it's self to make a new return...That honestly wouldn't surprise me. It'd keep up the trend of every generation featuring the Kanto region.

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Apparently June 2nd, 2012 is the official release date for Japan according to Masuda and the Pokemon Japan twitter account.

Pharetra
February 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Gamefreak once again made me fall off my chair. First when they revealed Garbodor, now this announcement. Wow. Just wow.

DipKicks
February 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I knew they were laughing their heads off at us saying "DUH IT'S POKEMON GREY"

HyperXhydra
February 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I think I see why now Anville Town is similar to Nuvema Town, Maybe it's storyline is after many years but with a new hero with Anville town as the first Town, maybe we can fight Black like red after the Elite four, there's probably going to be the older Pokemon in Unova in these games, there will be a new Gym leader in the last Gym, maybe also a new champion also maybe new battle themes or remixed!
You know it might be not bad after all!

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Agreed. I see lots of people on other places complaining about the fact GF is just trying to make money by having two new games, but the whole point they make games is to MAKE MONEY. It's a business its obviously trying to make money just like every other business in the world.

Pyrax
February 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
First things first, I was expecting Alterenate Kyurem to kind of western dragon with a Yin & Yang theme, not something that looks like a last minute splice.
Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2? Odd name(s) for the third version (third versions?). it kinda gives the impression that continues from where B/W left off.

For the DS? Just the DS? No 3DS version?

February 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I knew they were laughing their heads off at us saying "DUH IT'S POKEMON GREY"
Yes...just like when we were " That heart pokemon must be Luvdisc's evolution, Duh!"...GF doesn't stop surprising us...
What if they make a third version to Black and White 2 though?

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Seriously what's with the Blue & Red looking gems on the bottom of the logos? I understand the red for fire but blue = ?

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Nah, these are sequels, not B/W with new features.
They're going to make two separate games to keep the tradition of having version exclusives.

Freezer
i dont know about you guys

but i always wanted a pokemon and digimon cross-over. im hyped!

Pharetra
Seriously what's with the Blue & Red looking gems on the bottom of the logos? I understand the red for fire but blue = ?
The light of Reshiram's tail is red, the light of Zekrom's is blue.

I think I see why now Anville Town is similar to Nuvema Town, Maybe it's storyline is after many years but with a new hero with Anville town as the first Town, maybe we can fight Black like red after the Elite four, there's probably going to be the older Pokemon in Unova in these games, there will be a new Gym leader in the last Gym, maybe also a new champion also maybe new battle themes or remixed!
You know it might be not bad after all!
Wow that would be great, I love Anville town. These two will proably use the new trains someone in BW mentioned...and maybe they will have a new frontier.
Black could be Champ (I say black due to the manga in which Black wants to be champ but it could also be White) and we battle him for the possition :D! Or maybe that fighting E4, cause he was Alder's student. Could also be Cheren. Oh and Bianca could be our proffesor! We could see them with all their dreams come true...except for N...

waters_echo
I was looking at the picture of Z-Kyu and R-Kyu...
And then noticed that it's taking the Yin-Yang seriously- Z-Kyu... has breasts...
o`-o how unexpected and unique.

Maybe we should just speculate of better names.
Like "Deep Black and Bright White" (okay, that's too much DGM in my system) or "Storm Black and Clear White" (to relate to Hoenn.)

Superjub
February 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM

I'm guessing the blue is for electricity that comes from Zekrom/the colour Zekrom glows...? That's just what I think though. :s

Ninja'd, but I'm suprised how quickly they're breezing through this generation. Now two event Pokemon have been revealed officially, and now the sequels to Black and White, not to mention they're due for release in June, so only a couple of months to wait. It's just... really suprising, and quite a lot to take in.

3Du
February 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM

I know! But it must be subtle to be a "strategy". The original idea to split Pokémon (1996) into Red and Green in Japan was to increase profits (money!), but is mixed with the feeling of collect and trade monsters. In fact, Tajiri-san could say "we did it to increase the trading aspect of the game" and you would beleive him.

Now, the "remastered" third version (Yellow, Cristal,...) is also a way to make more profit as a Blue or Red owner in America would still buy this remastered version. AGAIN, is subtle, as there are new features. So is not so obvious that the main reason is MONEY.

But then, Masuda says "We're launching two remastered versions". The obviousness of "Money is what I want" is shining in the sky. Would make sense a DS and a 3DS version, though.

TomE22
February 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Even though, for the most part, I'm feeling positive about this (or maybe I'm still in shock), one thing that worries me about the games being for the DS, is that on the 3DS they'll have that annoying little blurry look that makes them seem a lot more pixelated.

Well, we'll see...

Spherical Ice
February 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
@3Du: when did he say b2w2 were remastered versions? they're more likely to be direct sequels then remastered versions. also what's wrong with wanting to make money? they're not FORCING you to buy every version, are they?

MegaKuriboh
February 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

Dammit, that dissapointed me, I wanted it to atleast be 3D so 3DS could be something with Pokemon other than Rumble Blast which doesn't really count.

3DS has to be only Mario and LoZ, c'mon Nintendo.

Freezer
February 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I wonder if Polymerization is an item.

oh wait

3Du
February 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Nah, these are sequels, not B/W with new features.
They're going to make two separate games to keep the tradition of having version exclusives.

Not so sure about this, pal. Main series Pokémon games takes years to be made.

DipKicks
February 25th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Something crazy just popped up into my head.

I saw people complaining that Unova was too small.

The other arguably small region is Johto, and you could access Kanto in the Johto games.

Gamefreak is always good at suprising us.

N flew on his Zekrom/Reshiram in the games to some unknown place, probably close, so not any of the other regions.

Add that all together, and we have maybe a new region (No new Pokes though)

Of course, this is really crazy, so you can dismiss this :P

Spherical Ice
February 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM

I'm pretty sure about this, as the official, english pokemon site says "New Mysteries Await!" and one of the japanese posters say "A Whole New Adventure Awaits" or something like that. That's not really the definition of a remastered edition, is it? also, I think game freak have the business acumen to realise that releasing a remake of a game on the same platform in such a small space of time with little difference wouldn't make that much money at all.

Freezer
February 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
is that a ruby and a sapphire on the logos

Hoenn available to visit confirmed

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Why are people bashing the ideas of sequals when lots of games do them? I'd rather have a sequal then a remake.

thepsynergist
February 25th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I don't think I'll be getting this when it comes out. I'd rather play something new, like Nobonga's Ambition + Pokemon.

D. Lawride
February 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'll be bluntly honest and say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out to be a Version 2 of B/W as opposed to, say, 'Season 2', in a manner of speaking. Like, B/W with a new legendary, tweaks here and there, twists in the story in some places... dunno, the sort of stuff that wouldn't be enough for a remake, but then again not a fully new game.

Or maybe I'm just being negative. I read somewhere that it's the absolute first time that a direct sequel was made for the main series. So GSC don't count as sequels to RBY?

good lord that show is so random... never laughed so much

Spherical Ice
I don't think I'll be getting this when it comes out. I'd rather play something new, like Nobonga's Ambition + Pokemon.

who's to say this isn't new?

P0kelegend
Why are people bashing the ideas of sequals when lots of games do them? I'd rather have a sequal then a remake.

Agreed. Im very happy about a sequel, much better than a third game.

Freezer
February 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
i sure cant wait for the "they look like digimon" crowd to get in on this

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Nah, not really. You're looking at it as if this is a new Generation. This is in fact Black and White, but a sequel, and considering Gamefreak is split between two divisions it wouldn't take them long to pump out a game based around pokemon that are already designed/a story that's well under way.

And honestly, they're more than likely going to reuse a lot of their sprites/graphics.

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I just noticed something..

Well, we all know about the red and blue on the logos, but...

Go to the official website and look at the number '2' on each of them. The blue '2' and the red '2'. They both have lines in them and the red one looks like it has the Groudon pattern in it.

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
BREAKING NEWS
Guys remember that certain things need to be discussed in the following threads:

Want to talk about the Release Date? - GO HERE. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272906)
The platform? HERE. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271851)
Discuss the name & mascots? GO HERE (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271852).
[storyline thread coming soon - will you get the games thread coming soon ]

Please use this thread for discussing the announcement and your reaction.

THANK YOU.

3Du
February 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure about this, as the official, english pokemon site says "New Mysteries Await!" and one of the japanese posters say "A Whole New Adventure Awaits" or something like that. That's not really the definition of a remastered edition, is it? also, I think game freak have the business acumen to realise that releasing a remake of a game on the same platform in such a small space of time with little difference wouldn't make that much money at all.

Viral Marketing:

"The latest adventure in the Gold and Silver series" (revealing Crystal)

"New episodes in the Hoenn region" (Emerald)

C Payne
February 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I'll be bluntly honest and say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out to be a Version 2 of B/W as opposed to, say, 'Season 2', in a manner of speaking. Like, B/W with a new legendary, tweaks here and there, twists in the story in some places... dunno, the sort of stuff that wouldn't be enough for a remake, but then again not a fully new game.

Or maybe I'm just being negative. I read somewhere that it's the absolute first time that a direct sequel was made for the main series. So GSC don't count as sequels to RBY?

good lord that show is so random... never laughed so much

Regardless, GSC were sequels(even if not direct), so this concept still isn't really new(from what we see so far). Unless there is a different region, a different team other than Plasma, etc... you shouldn't really call it 'new'.

D. Lawride
February 25th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Regardless, GSC were sequels(even if not direct), so this concept still isn't really new(from what we see so far). Unless there is a different region, a different team other than Plasma, etc... you shouldn't really call it 'new'.

Precisely, which is what's bothering me about the whole announcement. I think it's best to ask what Game Freak defines as 'new'.

Overlord Drakow
February 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I saw the thread title while scrolling down the home page and assumed it was just some n00b trying to troll the forums but then I read Livewire's blog and I was like "are you serious lol?" This is like a konami moment for gamefreak I think.

Kanto_Johto
i sure cant wait for the "they look like digimon" crowd to get in on this

3...2...1...OMFG TH NEW PKMN LUK RETARTED LYK DIGIMON THS IS AN OUTRAEG THS IS SHT GEN V SUX LOLLLLZZZ

Always my favourite part of a new announcement.

Cello
Viral Marketing:

"The latest adventure in the Gold and Silver series" (revealing Crystal)

"New episodes in the Hoenn region" (Emerald)

You don't see a 2 at the end of any of those names though, so....? :o
They wouldn't call it Black 2 and White 2 if it was just the same game with new features.

February 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
It'll also rather have a sequel than just a rehash of the other two like with Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum (though I did enjoy those three), plus it'll kind of make me feel like I'm not buying the same thing for a third time (got Black and White already).

Zephyn
February 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they just combined Gray and the RS Remakes into this. From the logo, it certainly seems like Hoenn has something to do with it. I'm not entirely against the idea, I just think it was a strange way to go.

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they just combined Gray and the RS Remakes into this. From the logo, it certainly seems like Hoenn has something to do with it. I'm not entirely against the idea, I just think it was a strange way to go.

See, that's what I feel like they're doing. They mentioned Hoenn so much throughout B/W it's not even funny.

I kind of hope not, though. I'd much rather play as Ruby in a full on R/S/E remake.

February 25th, 2012, 05:05 PM
See, that's what I feel like they're doing. They mentioned Hoenn so much throughout B/W it's not even funny.

I kind of hope not, though. I'd much rather play as Ruby in a full on R/S/E remake.
Oddly enough they seemed to have mentioned Sinnoh even more...
I rather play Brandon too...
The red and blue though refers to the color of the legends glowingness in Bw (Zekrom with Blue lightning and Reshiram with Red flames).
I can't help but think Kanto will show up...

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Vyyt4.png The pattern in the number '2' here looks very similar to the pattern Groudon has on its body IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoenn was in this game. I do think Hoenn deserves its own remake though, but Im not going to complain or anything since we don't even know how this is going to play out.

Masuda just revealed the names of the two formes:
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

3Du
February 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I just want a Stadium-like game for Wii or Wii-U :(

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Now I'm praying that Hoenn doesn't appear in these games ironically ¬¬

Noah Ridgewood
February 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
"Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem?" This really isn't getting any better...

LynLyra
February 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
The fusions look silly in my opinion. There have been fusions in offical Pokemon releases before (The trio bird)

I hope that this game isn't just a new story in the same area. I would love to see some areas open up, maybe some expansion to the area.

I'll have to wait for things to come out before saying anything. I'll think about it more once more is released.

Kaori
Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, eh? No comment.

Blue
Update #2 (5:00 PM) - Masuda has revealed the formes will be named "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem." | Update (4:45 PM) - Junichi Masuda has posted on his Twitter that these games will be released June 2nd, over a month before movie 15 comes out.

Where has the creativity gone? What is happening... seriously I could come up with better names of the top of my head, I'm really starting to think this is becoming a joke..

Kanto_Johto
"Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem?" This really isn't getting any better...The creativity is through the roof on this one.

February 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Vyyt4.png The pattern in the number '2' here looks very similar to the pattern Groudon has on its body IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoenn was in this game. I do think Hoenn deserves its own remake though, but Im not going to complain or anything since we don't even know how this is going to play out.

yeah but the Black one doesn't have Kyogre's pattern...also they're suppose to be flames, look at it with your head tilted 90 degrees to the right.
I'm also hoping there's no Hoenn in this (oh the irony...)
Hopefully they'll add new areas into this game for us to explore, BW Unova was too short...

Bluemoon
February 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
well this is ridiculously annoying we might have to wait till January for this game to come out if we follow the usual pattern of the pokemon company. :(((

Cello
I can't even begin to imagine how much heat Masuda is taking on Twitter right now, especially after turning around and announcing Black/White Kyurem.

Oh well, i'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Blue
@Junichi_Masuda Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Long-awaited new series are called "Poke'mon Black Version 2" and "Poke'mon White Version 2"!!!!

That was four minutes ago so does that mean they're the official titles? That's dreadful.

February 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Also the new forme's aren't creative at all...at least name them Yin forme (for Resh-Kyu) and Yang (for Zek-Kyu)...

@Junichi_Masuda Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Long-awaited new series are called "Poke'mon Black Version 2" and "Poke'mon White Version 2"!!!!

That was four minutes ago so does that mean they're the official titles? That's dreadful.
I feel sorry for the guy...might as well have named the third game Grey that would've been seemed as more creative for fans...

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 05:20 PM
How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.

MegaKuriboh
February 25th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Inb4 Racist comments

Wow, what amazing names, like seriously GameFreak how did you come up with those names? They are so original.

Ok, enough complaining about originality, I play OverUsed competitive anyways.

I have never commented my opinion about BW2 yet.
Well, I am having one of those childhood things "OMG OMG THIS IS SO AMAZING OMG I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!!!" Moments. Seriously, I'm 15, I would think I would have been like "Eh, cool a new Pokemon game! I'll buy it eventually" but no, I will most likely be standing outside GameStop / Walmart Day 1.

I just hope it's a little more than "game 3" (and 4) of BW.

TheLastAvenger
I'm pretty excited about this. I'm glad that it is not Gray. We can actually get a direct continuation to the Team Plasma/N Story.

Blue
It's not anger it's confusion, the lack of creativity and it's just all unexpected, albeit we have no information whatsoever so we can wait and see what unfolds for these two, I'm still going to get them nonetheless.

xSkullKing16x
February 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I just hope it's good. Not so excited though. I wanted a Ruby Sapphire remake! But who didn't. :/

I am wondering how the sequel will be like? I mean is it a real sequel, like to the story or is it just remastered. And will it be just grey, or like Black 2 and White 2? I don't even know what to think...

Kanto_Johto
February 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
What I find interesting is that Black Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon Black 2 and White Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon White 2, instead of the other way round like it's predecessors, in which Reshiram was in Black and Zekrom in White. The colour of the forme matches the version this time.

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
How can people be so angry at games we have no info about other than the titles and the legendaries? We have NO info at all other than that. Also, I thought people would be happy at the fact we'll likely be getting the game this year. This is SO much better than a third version, so much better... but it seems some people here would have been happier with 'Pokemon Gray'.. which just has add-ons to B/W, rather than two new games which are sequels which is something completely new for once.
Basically expect these things to happen when you get straight up change for the whole series. This has never happened before, so much speculation is going on and it's all because of the change. It'll settle though.

Everything is just shocking. & The names well again, no comment.

February 25th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Well people are less happy about lack of creativity about the games than it being a sequel.The names aren't all that bad in my opinion but the guy would be taking less heat had he done so...
Personally I'm happy if it does turn out to be a sequel :)

Noah Ridgewood
I just hope it's good. Not so excited though. I wanted a Ruby Sapphire remake! But who didn't. :/

I am wondering how the sequel will be like? I mean is it a real sequel, like to the story or is it just remastered. And will it be just grey, or like Black 2 and White 2? I don't even know what to think...
There is no Grey... It's Black 2 and White 2. lol.

Cello

Exactly. I completely and totally agree with you.
This is far better than a Gray announcement.

It may not be a remake, nor is it Gen 6, but it IS new. I would take new over playing the exact same game again any day.

Forever
February 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I'm shocked and amazed. And pleased and excited and afraid. etc.

By the way guys: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239765. It's dead now, but hey, THEY CALLED ME CRAZY AND IT HAPPENED. HAHAHAHAHA.

February 25th, 2012, 05:27 PM
What I find interesting is that Black Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon Black 2 and White Kyurem is the mascot for Pokemon White 2, instead of the other way round like it's predecessors, in which Reshiram was in Black and Zekrom in White. The colour of the forme matches the version this time.
Interestingly it's the one with that N took away with Kyurem...wonder what that could mean as well...did N come back with his legend fused with Kyurem?

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'm shocked and amazed. And pleased and excited and afraid. etc.

By the way guys: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239765. It's dead now, but hey, THEY CALLED ME CRAZY AND IT HAPPENED. HAHAHAHAHA.

That's true, except it's not Gray & Pink :3

Forever
February 25th, 2012, 05:31 PM
That's true, except it's not Gray & Pink :3

Close enough! I still claim to have thought of this idea, totally. Sorta. Somewhat. tbh I didn't expect it and as a result I have a bad feeling about fan reception to these games, but hey they can be great too. XD

Hiroshi Sotomura
February 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I'm surprised at myself that I didn't see it coming, seeing as how The Pokémon Company kept pitching "Black and White" all over the place.

Kanto_Johto
February 25th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Close enough! I still claim to have thought of this idea, totally. Sorta. Somewhat. tbh I didn't expect it and as a result I have a bad feeling about fan reception to these games, but hey they can be great too. XDEveryone will be getting mad and throwing abuse at the games now, but once they're released those same people will probably turn around and hail them as the best in the series.

shengar
February 25th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Masuda just tweeted Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!

Instread of saying the new forms he says new legendary. So.... are they now 651 Pokemon or was it a mis translation?
Probably the Kyurem just a new forms or its just Masuda doesn't use the same lingo as us, thus he said they will be new legendaries instead of forms.

No what I'm saying is it seems its the first time they wanted to make an obvious sequal. Like I'm not sure if it will keep Touya or Touko's story going or if its based on a new hero. Thats what I mean by it being a first. It would be the first time you play as an old hero perhaps.
Being direct sequel doesn't really mean they will remove the core of the game. A game considered sequel, when they continue the story of the previous game, nothing more really.

February 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I'm expecting a new Hero for this game as it would be odd if Hilda and Herbert were the main characters (what would've happened to their old pokemon?)

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:38 PM
It has it's flaws I mean even Gray & Pink would have been nicer but still, I look forward to the progress of these games, it should be interesting and expect the unexpected.

Noah Ridgewood
February 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
New playable characters would be a nice amend!

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm expecting a new Hero for this game as it would be odd if Hilda and Herbert were the main characters (what would've happened to their old pokemon?)

They might just tweak the outfits like they did in Platinum.

February 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
If there are new characters hopefully they will have cooler english names.
I wonder how N and the others will have matured?

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM
New playable characters would be a nice amend!
I agree. You just can't call this a sequel and give us the same protagonists. Unless these are the third games, then I won't even know anymore.

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Wait these are games? O_O Not a movie?! Why two? So we'll get a 5th? Money grubbers

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 05:44 PM
So with this being out a few months before the regular fall release I feel info will be coming twice as fast it did with BW and HG/SS

Guy
February 25th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Well, this is certainly unexpected news now isn't it?

After giving this enough thought, the idea that "Pokémon Black and White 2" could potentially be sequels continuing the story left off in the "Black and White" rather than being a basic third game rehash (i.e. Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum) is actually sort of exciting. It offers you the questions of how different will the actual story line be this time? Will the player be a different male/female protagonist? Will we have a new set of rivals? Will the characters we played as in B&W be mentioned or seen like Red was in Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

It's questions like those as well as the location of where N ran off to, that make this all exciting for me. Of course, that's if "Pokémon Black and White 2" are actual sequels like I mentioned before. If not, then I'll be heavily disappointed. As for the names of Kyurem's new forms, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, I'm going to have to agree with those calling it uncreative.

As for the red and blue gems we see in the title design, I'm going to make a guess as to that's how we access Kyurem's new Fire and Electric forms just like giving Giritina to hold the Griseous Orb to alter into his Origin Form outside of the Distortion World. I don't think it will have any relation to visiting the Hoenn region in these games - at least I hope not. I want a RS Remake as much as the next person, but I think they deserve their own games.

I do, however, hope that in these potential sequels there will be new lands to explore within the Unova region and that previous generation Pokémon will be available pre-Elite Four. Until we have more information though, I find it hard to give a real opinion on them. Hopefully, it'll make me like this generation more, because so far "Black and White" really hasn't left an impression on me like the other generations have.

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
But what a curveball though. I'll be getting White 2 since I got Black.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Can I ask what is meant by "Full-Blown sequels"? I've got an idea but eh.

February 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Maybe the game starts in a diffrent location like someone mentioned before, like that town in the top right corner of Unova that the train takes you. They could also add routes that connect that place to the rest of the region other than just taking a train to Nimbasa.

Mista T
February 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I hate to be the overly cheeky optimist, guys, but I feel this games will actually be incredible. Try not to get too hung up on the titles and names, as they do little to betray the actual storyline and content. These games will likely be the first two truly direct sequels to previous games (not including Gold and Silver to Red and Blue), continuations of the indisputably most thorough and heart-wrenching plot of a Pokemon game. I loved Black and White, and I have no doubt this game will turn out incredible, even if Kyurem's formes look overdone (though the faces are incredible).

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I have an odd feeling they may connect the story with other games. Like older people return and maybe you go to another region.

Mista T
February 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hate to nitpick, but Anville Town is in the top left corner of Unova. I'm bringing this up because you told someone to turn their head in 90 degrees in one direction earlier when you clearly meant the other direction.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I hope it's not one huge circle like in BW, having to walk through all of Castelia etc. is a nightmare, hopefully they will implement new Routes or something.

February 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hate to nitpick, but Anville Town is in the top left corner of Unova. I'm bringing this up because you told someone to turn their head in 90 degrees in one direction earlier when you clearly meant the other direction.

I was talking about the logos, if you look at the White's logo red 2 and turn your 90 degrees right you can see flames in the logo.
I'm also hoping for new routes.

Jarred0809
February 25th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Am I the only person that wants this game? Seriously, take off the nostalgia goggles and enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Am I the only person that wants this game? Seriously, take off the nostalgia goggles and enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.

I want it too. BW were epic

February 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm looking forward to it, it seems like it has great potential :D.
I do want some changes though.

Yoshikko
February 25th, 2012, 06:10 PM

Wow I know people are stoked for RS remakes and I am too but I think everyone might be looking into stuff a bit too much. I mean a friend of mine pointed out the red and blue crystal yea, which could be a reference to the crystals in RS - well it's crystallized fire and electricity which are Reshiram and Zekrom's? And crystallized because Kyurem obv. I don't think that pattern means much lol. I could be wrong!! But I'm just saying.

antixx
February 25th, 2012, 06:18 PM
It's been confirmed that the official titles of the games are Black Version 2 and White Version 2, those aren't placeholders. It's also been confirmed that the new forms are simply called Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Since the version and mascot colors match this time around, I'm getting a strong feeling that what was exclusive to Black will now be exclusive to White and vice versa. This and the fact that they are called "2," which indicates a full-blown sequel, make me one anxious pkmn trainer. I'm more excited for B2W2 than I was for BW.

Yoshikko
February 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Well I can honestly say that I am even less excited for B2W2 than I was for BW.

Chocos0
February 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Honestly, this is a very good idea.
Instead of the normal seperate versions then a direct sequel to EACH of them, it's just beautiful.
Don't hate on it, I personally find it a wonderful idea.
Now I'm sure Ruby/Sapphire remakes are coming this way, very soon.

giradialkia
February 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I don't get why people are complaining about the form names. I mean... What do you want? They kinda explain exactly what the forms look like, so...
I mean, the only alternate form that had a decent name that comes to mind is Giratina's 'Origin Forme'. Aside from that, the likes of 'Shaymin's Sky Form' is just as mundane as 'Black Kyurem' or 'White Kyurem'.
I'm genuinely excited about it. I adore continuity between games; that's why GSC were my favourite games. If this is a proper sequel; and there's no real reason to believe it won't be, I suppose; then I couldn't be more excited about it. Surprised as hell, yeah, but definitely excited! :)

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM
The fact that there's two makes me think they may differ quite largely depending on the version i.e a different outcome of the storyline.

February 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
This reminds me of that rumor about the different paths...
Also I just realized something, the reason why the mascot of Black 2 is Kyu-Zek is cause Hilbert/Hilda still has Reshiram (N proably released his dragon after leaving) same goes for White 2 but with Reshram instead of Zekrom.

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
This reminds me of that rumor about the different paths...
Also I just realized something, the reason why the mascot of Black 2 is Kyu-Zek is cause Hilbert/Hilda still has Reshiram (N proably released his dragon after leaving) same goes for White 2 but with Reshram instead of Zekrom.

That's a good theory. But then, where does N go?

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM
It's certainly popular on Twitter:

United Kingdom trends · Change
#WorstRapLinesEver
Weezy F. Baby and the F
#GetWellCharles
#Thingsjustgotrealwhen
Atomic Kitten
Pokemon Black and White 2
RIP Facebook
Blazin Squad
The Bodyguard
Dr Pepper

February 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I think N is maybe in a new area in Unova. Also else who thinks that B2W2 will share it's time line with gen 6 (Bw with gen 7 like gen I with III and gen II with IV )? so gen 5.0 with gen 7 and 5.5 with gen 6...yes I know I'm thinking too far ahead...

Mista T
February 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I was talking about the logos, if you look at the White's logo red 2 and turn your 90 degrees right you can see flames in the logo.
I'm also hoping for new routes.

I know that's what you meant. But, as the yellower part of a red-yellow flame is toward the inside (as yellow is higher energy than red) I figured you meant to say "turn your head 90 degrees to the left." But, nonetheless, that's rather trivial and moot in the face of these new games.

I'm being entirely farcical about this, but how sick would it be if, during the time that lapsed between the end of BW and the beginning of BW2, Ghetsis had recruited/brainwashed Hilbert/Hilda of the original games, and they served the role as the new N, seeking out Kyurem to make one of the fusion legendaries. You meet N along the way who tells you of the other legendary (the one not owned by Hilbert/Hilda) that he released a while ago (as N is prone to not keeping Pokemon). You have to go get said legendary in order to stop Ghetsis and Hilbert/Hilda. Somewhere along the way, the six Sages that have been arrested should be released from prison as well.

Okay, I'm only being partially farcical.

February 25th, 2012, 07:02 PM
^ You should share that in the BW2 storyline thread, it's quite awesome.

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I hope to wake up to find some screens of these new games!

Aro-kun
February 25th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Game freak: we have no plans for a pokemon gray version trolololol

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Me too. I'm very eager to see how this game differs, if at all, from B/W.

Well, looking at all this in retrospect, I guess when they said B/W was a series reboot they really meant a reboot. So many different things to process, hahaha.

February 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I do wonder how they will do remakes if these take the spot of third version...oh well that's a problem for ten years down the road...
I hope to get some news from the official site too...we're in the dark despite knowing the mascots and the names...

Xander Olivieri
February 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
So did anyone comment on how Masuda is calling the two new forms "Seperate Pokemon" and NOT calling them Kyurem's new forms?

What if White Kyurem and Black Kyurem are in fact new Pokemon and not an alternate form? Would this mean we are in Generation 6?

(Seriously hopes not but other than Deoxys no other Pokemon has ever been added this late in the generation, you can even argue that Deoxys was from the Ruby Sapphire games cause it has its Normal sprite in them while earning Attack and Defense Forms in Fire Red/Leaf Green and its Speed Form in Emerald.

If Masuda is correct and these are "New" Pokemon, what does this mean for Generation 5?

February 25th, 2012, 08:12 PM
^ It means that Kyurem's formes might be much more than just simple changes, it means they are permanent enough to be called "new Pokemon" but then again Gf doesn't use all of our terms so to them a new forme is like a new Pokemon...
As for the generation...well at the moment I'm calling it Gen 5.5 cause of these games being sequels but still are gen 5...as far as we know...

Xander Olivieri
February 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
They didn't call Shaymin or Giratina's new forms New Pokemon. Nor did they call Rotom's form change New Pokemon either. Those were addressed as New Forms.

From Twitter: "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" are the names of new legendary Poke'mon!!

February 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Not sure what that means then...hmm we'll find out soon though as Corocoro comes out.

RGRDB
February 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Jeez what's with all the hate?? I'm assuming some people are having negative reactions because it's something we've never seen before and it's new, therefore change from formula=BAD.

I think this is fantastic! Completely unexpected which makes it exciting. I do hope that these games are in fact sequels to B/W and not just a "Third version" done in a gimmicky way.

Did anyone seriously think this was going to be released on the 3DS? I know a lot of people were hoping for it but I never thought it would actually happen... Gamefreak has a history of this... Red and Blue and Yellow were all released towards the end of the Game Boy's lifespan..... so were Gold and Silver (though they had GBC enhancements: Like B2 and W2 apparently will have for 3DS)

AND the Nintendo DS was released in 2004. Third version Emerald was released for the GBA a few months later in 2005. (I'm guessing these games have probably been in development since before the 3DS even was out) Yes I know it's been a whole year since the 3DS came out but the point, Gamefreak has never cared what the newest system is. We didn't get main series DS games til 2007!! (in USA)

scprepschool
February 25th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I did wonder... When I was recovering the seven sages their dialogue hinted it, but I didnt imagine that it could be a reality. Now one particular conversation with a seven sage leaves me wondering if N could be the protagonist for the next two games? We did get a name reveal. Thats seems unrealistic also though. Now im wondering how kyurem fuses with the two? Could he have to posses a 3rd stone left behind when reshi and zek split? Or could we have 2 seperate forms that dont require a held item to transform. Like a nom reverse just 2 seperate dragons

Cherrim
My first reaction was "oh, that's boring."

My second reaction was "that's stupid, why couldn't they just call it Pokemon Grey and get it over with?"

My current reaction is ".....this is different. I like it."

The "2" in the title, and the fact that it isn't a 3DS game, makes me feel like they have to be doing something new with this or at least making it a direct sequel. I believe BW was really well received all over the world (moreso than usual games) and since it was much more plot-intensive than a lot of games, I think it leaves it open for a direct sequel to tie up all the loose ends. I just really hope it is something new and not just Pokemon Grey divided by two.

If these are 3rd versions done in a gimmicky way they might as well have made only one Kyurem forme and named it Grey...
I'm hoping it's a sequel with new and old character's.

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM
This. I really would like more questions to be raised with scans, and more to be answered as well. Pictures are worth 1000 words!

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
This. I really would like more questions to be raised with scans, and more to be answered as well. Pictures are worth 1000 words!

BW scans were put up a few days after I think

Cid
February 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I'm trailing towards the acceptance stage.

This is all new. I know Pokémon 2 was turned into GS, but having a BW2 would mean fifth Generation, not a new one. Being completely unexpected, it only leaves you thinking how they can make this feel like a sequel. It's like a second time around in trying out dual titles for a Generation of Pokémon. That's undeniably cool, because you'd expect that they have more into this than a simple Pokémon Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum. They are labelled as sequels, not remasters of any sort. I never considered the third games as sequels, so this may mean that they are taking this even more seriously. So I'm pretty excited to see more, albeit not as happy as I thought I would be.

Part of what's causing me to dislike this decision is the fact that they're two games. That could either mean they'll go with it lazily, or (hopefuly) they'll give us two games worth calling a sequel on their own. I'm beginning to think that the former may be the case, 'cause they are still in fact releasing the games for the DS. Also a minor qualm, I still think Kyurem should've lost its grayness from the Form Change, not only because I think it'd make Kyurem look less odd from the added blacks and whites, but also because the games are still called Black and White-- not Gray.

I'm still waiting for screens like the rest of us. Those may change my opinion.

-Grayscale-
February 25th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry, I just deeply dislike this. It's so odd and unusual, and I think the forms are ugly. I don't know if I'll buy it or not. I'm sure I'll warm up to it, but for now I'm a little freaked out and disappointed.

February 25th, 2012, 09:22 PM
I find it interesting that it's still Grey too...maybe they though of calling them Gray Version and Gray version but saw it as confusing thus naming them B2 and W2 instead...

Kaori
February 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I find it interesting that it's still Grey too...maybe they though of calling them Gray Version and Gray version but saw it as confusing thus naming them B2 and W2 instead...
How would calling it Gray be confusing? If anything, B/W2 are more confusing names because now there are two, and no one knows if they are sequels or just two third games.

Unless you meant thinking of a name for two instead of just one whole one as an original plan. Then I guess B/W2 would be the winner there.

February 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry I meant two versions, one called GrAy and the other GrEy. (confusing cause they sound alike)
Anyways, I hope they post a short trailer on this game soon to give us a feel of the game play.

BlueDuck
February 25th, 2012, 10:16 PM
We can see N again? :D
And i wanted to see the 2 forms of kyurem too.

何贤豪
February 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM
This was a little bit unexpected...I had thought it would be only one game.

Xander Olivieri
February 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Although each game didn't have a huge difference in the story, having a sequel for each kills the need for revamping the original story to make more sense for the sudden lack of which Legend was used in their last game.

We also lose the OMG What will become of Black City and White Forest in a Third Game?! Cause now we can pretty much assume that Black 2 has Black City and White 2 has White Forest.

As for the "Forms" -I- need confirmation that they are actually FORMS and NOT new Pokemon like Masuda says they are. If new Pokemon you have to question how will they come to be?

My first guess was Breeding your Mascot with Kyurem (Ditto x Manaphi thing)

Another thing I thought of was that the Dark/Light Stone becomes an item like Gracidea or they make a new Hold Item to change them. (Rotom thing on how it gets new attacks)((If they are Forms))

Maybe Kyurem can evolve when learning Freeze Shock or Ice Burn. (Which would be something shockingly new and still fit the "New Pokemon" scenario)

Personally I am greatly intrigued by this. I feel a little annoyed for being trolled by Gamefreak yet again, but this is a bit more worth the trolling.

P0kelegend
February 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I really just can't wait for news on this. Really excited.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start getting news until Coro Coro. It would be great if they hopefully reveal some screenshots and stuff on the next episode of Pokemon Smash. I find it odd that the game is coming out before the movie though. Im hoping the official website or something will release some sort of news on it this week though. They usually reveal a little bit of news after the game is announced.

Kirbychu
February 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Very disappointed that Game Freak still doesn't have the desire to jump to the 3DS.

Oh well, I'll take sequels over Gray any day. Currently awaiting more info, just like the rest of you.

Tachikaze
February 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Kinda like Kirbychu said, I was really hoping to get these for the 3DS. I don't get why they wouldn't do so.

Kirbychu
February 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Sorry, I haven't read the entire thread.

Perhaps the "revival" of Mewtwo and TR's presence in the anime is an indication that TR may be up to something this time?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 25th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm hoping they go the sequel route, if only because I want better-designed player characters. I'm also hoping they revamp the menu system (i.e., stick the menu on the bottom screen instead of the C-Gear.)

I'm also looking to see what old Gym leaders carry over and whether any new ones are introduced. Also who the evil group is this time around. As for Kyurem forms, don't really care. I'll just end up catching the thing and forgetting all about it.

Neutral on the DS/3DS thing too. Yeah, better graphics, but it's not like I have the money to drop on a new 3DS.

Overall, all we have is are names and pictures of two legendary forms that I'll end up not caring about. Not enough for me to get excited about, and based on B/W, I'm erring on the side of caution for these games.

DarthSenorQueso
February 25th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I would like to point everyone to the english pokemon site. Now what does it say, it says pokemon black and white version 2. This makes me a very disappointed Treecko.:/

curiousnathan
February 26th, 2012, 12:18 AM
u______u

I'm sorry, but in my opinion Generation V sucks. Pokémon peaked at Generation IV. I don't care what new features they've added or will add to this game with the new versions of it coming out or anything like that. I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS DECISION HOW CAN THEY DO SUCH A THING??

/bows down.

I am sorry, but this has ruined what I just began to like - Gen V. I can't express how dissapointed I am with the two new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom which seems to be mixed with Kyurem. Ugh, seriously Gamefreak are losing sight of the spirit of the original pokemon, designs that actually looks like creatures - although pokemon being fake - have become machines and cross-breeds of eachother.

Dudypokefan89
February 26th, 2012, 12:30 AM
IMO I think BW2 will be good games, but the fact that Nintendo put them on DS and not it's former failing handheld 3DS, the fact that they are wasteing their time to make a sequel to a game that is really recent, I want to say it will fail, but come on! It's a POKEMON game!.....Rather see a Hoenn Remake than a double dose of a Unova rehash tho.

BrainDamage
February 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM
This news was like a complete curveball to me, someone thats been with this pokemon nonsense from day one and whatnot.

I for one am actually glad that its still on the DS and not 3DS.....3DS just never caught on for me....no interest in ever purchasing one

katiekun11
February 26th, 2012, 01:18 AM
I have a DSi XL & a 3DS & I would be interested in playing these games on both of them, just to see if anything is different (if they are DSi enhanced or 3DS enhanced for example).

On waking up this morning & reading the news, I felt so disappointed. I actually said to the screen 'Junichi if you wanted to create Digimon, go work for them!'

I don't understand why you'd Splice Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem. The only thing I can think of is that Kyurem goes 'crazy' & starts to destroy Unova with his ice-type powers & that everyone has to move to a new region (aka the cut scene in the beginning of the game) the only way to calm him down is for somebody to go capture said legendary & splice Kyurem with it!

Maybe I'm not thinking straight. I did want R/S/E remakes!

PS: I am excited for the games, like I am for every Pokemon game. I just can't help wanting something else.

Raichupacabra
February 26th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Maybe we might see what happened to N and Team Plasma after Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version. I hope there are new protagonists, rivals, and if not Team Plasma, a new villainous team.

Also a really unnecessary question: Will they drop the "Version" part from the game's names?

BrainDamage
February 26th, 2012, 02:02 AM
maybe you get to play as N. that would be neat. improbably though

Shining Raichu
February 26th, 2012, 02:15 AM
The new formes look... hilarious lmao. I don't understand what they're meant to be but they look ridiculous in the best possible way. I do very much like this idea though - rather than having a third game they continue the story in a sequel sort of thing. I support it if that's what they're doing anyway; I haven't read too closely into it.

It gives me hope for sequel continuations of the other generations! The good generations...

The Void
February 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM
GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/c0/646Kyurem-AltForme2.png/120px-646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

White Kyurem:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/88/646Kyurem-AltForme1.png/120px-646Kyurem-AltForme1.png

They kinda look weird but oh well; they look pretty awesome too! >.<

G.U.Y.
February 26th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I'm just glad that they are for the DS. I am going to buy a DS lite and import the games if they look good. Since the names imply sequels and not just a slight change, I have a feeling this will happen.

I could technically put them on my Supercard too since their DS ROMs but I actually have a job now.

GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/c0/646Kyurem-AltForme2.png/120px-646Kyurem-AltForme2.png

White Kyurem:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/8/88/646Kyurem-AltForme1.png/120px-646Kyurem-AltForme1.png

News? This is what we've been talking about for the past 12 hours.

Actor
February 26th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Hopefully these won't be like all the other third versions and be almost identical to the first versions.
Anyway, quite exited for these, especially seeing how they could make another region to explore and let players go to Unova as the post-game like Gold/Silver.

Only thing which I don't like is how it isn't on the 3DS, as the DS is pretty much a dead system now and the 3DS has already sold 15 million units worldwide. My guess they'll release a fifth version as a 3DS exclusive.

~Ryukaa
February 26th, 2012, 03:09 AM
It's a strange idea. Reminds me strangely about what Square-Enix has been doing, to be honest. xD;
(Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIII-2)
I have somewhat mixed thoughts about this. I like this idea over "Pokemon Grey", but I'm a bit taken aback that they're for the regular DS. Of course, I'm still going to buy it. Just a little surprised.
I'm extremely glad they're expanding on the BW story. It had some untapped potential, which it seems they're going to bring out.
...Going to another region would be nice, haha.

As for the forms, I'm sorta neutral about them. xD;
They look good. Nothing amazing, though.

Railgun
February 26th, 2012, 03:16 AM
The fact its for DS makes sense. They could of began this game back in 2009 or 2010. Maybe GF knew from the start they wanted to do two games so after BW was done in 08 or 09 they held it off to work on the second half. Now with this said we could get the game close to the Japanese release if its been worked on for so long or get it in the regular 6 months later.

The 100 Mega Shock
February 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
That depends how much of the game is new content and how much is re-used assets from B/W, something we will see in due time.

Let's not assume for one second that they spent the last year and a half working on a single DS game. 2012 is still young, and there will be many surprises to arise later in the year - for one that has alredy begun with something unusual and different, we can't really put much stock in the same old patterns.

Victini
February 26th, 2012, 03:59 AM
I neither dislike nor like Kyurem's forms...

Kyurem is supposed to look very broken and funny anyways... s-so the craziness of it's form designs are not all too unexpected for me..

But... Black2 and White2. H-how very unexpected! I like this idea! BW gets a sequel instead of a third game!

What a wondrous twist~.

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
These games will actually most likely have nothing to do in Hoenn as I don't think it was set in that time but I'm not completely sure.

HyperXhydra
February 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
If it's a sequel then there will be probably a new Hero/Heroine.

Trask3000
February 26th, 2012, 05:30 AM
These games will actually most likely have nothing to do in Hoenn as I don't think it was set in that time but I'm not completely sure.

That is not necessarily true, if you look at Johto you'll see it is really short just like Unova (each gym in the next city) and in Johto you go to Kanto. If you look at the logo for the BW2 you'll see something that seem to be a fire/ice crystal and electric/ice crystal but it maybe a Ruby and a Sapphire. The fire ice and the electric ice crystals in the background are maybe hinting to something bigger.

Back to BW2, there were hidden moves and Kyurem did have secret forme. All of this was embedded into Black and White so they were working on this since the original games were finished.

HyperXhydra
February 26th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Well I think since in every generation there's 5 main games, maybe they will remake emerald instead of R/S.
So now i think if you give the god stone to Zekrom it will fuse with kyurem, the same would happen to Reshiram.

Cello
February 26th, 2012, 07:11 AM
GUYS I HAVE NEWS!!!

Two forms of Kyurem...

Black Kyurem:

White Kyurem:

Slooooooowwpooooke. :P

Well, i'm glad to see more and more people are starting to warm up to these titles. I was kinda shocked at first, thinking they were re-releasing B/W separately rather than in one game, but after realizing these are sequels I feel like the Pokefans are a kinda blessed.

There's far more pros than there are cons at this point, in my opinion.
Pros being:
-It's something new that we've never seen done in the Pokemon franchise before.
-It's not Gray, so we're not buying something we already have only slightly tweaked.
-It's for the DS, so even those who lack a 3DS can enjoy it.
-It's coming out very soon.
-There's more story to be had, so loose ends get tied and we get far more game to play.
-In addition to more story, i'm sure it will include the new features that would have been added if it were merely a 3rd version.

Cons:
-It's NOT on 3DS. I know it contradicts my pro, but I would have liked to see some graphical improvements. It's understandable seeing as it's a B/W sequel, though.
-The two Kyurem forms don't look that cool, but that's just my opinion. There still are plenty who like them.

Can't wait to get more info!

HyperXhydra
February 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
lol After all it was true that there will be no 3rd game to Gen V.
Probably we'll get more information and pics from the next Corocoro.

rocky505
February 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM
That is not necessarily true, if you look at Johto you'll see it is really short just like Unova (each gym in the next city) and in Johto you go to Kanto. If you look at the logo for the BW2 you'll see something that seem to be a fire/ice crystal and electric/ice crystal but it maybe a Ruby and a Sapphire. The fire ice and the electric ice crystals in the background are maybe hinting to something bigger.

Back to BW2, there were hidden moves and Kyurem did have secret forme. All of this was embedded into Black and White so they were working on this since the original games were finished.

Omg why do people nvm. But that is not what that means the ice is covering the lightning/fire because kyurem is fused with zekrom/reshiram this also points out that they will most likely be fire/ice and electric/ice. This has nothing to do with another region. Our only hope is a chain of islands(sevii island type). Gf won't waste money adding another region when they could make another game in the future to make them a hell of a lot more moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney.

XEL
February 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
As far as the time thing goes, gen 1 and gen 3 share the same time period. Likewise, gen 2 and gen 4 take place together about 3 years after 1 and 3. If we get Hoenn remakes, that you mean 5 takes place in the same time as 1 and 3. But seeing as BW2 are sequels, we can either get 5.1 taking place with 1 and 3 and 5.2 taking place in a unspecified time jump. Or we could get 5.1 take place before gens 1 and 3, and have 5.2 take place at the same time as the other two. I think having 5.1 before the beginning of what we know of as the beginning of pokemon would be a pretty interesting twist :P

Freezer
February 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Ugh, seriously Gamefreak are losing sight of the spirit of the original pokemon, designs that actually looks like creatures - although pokemon being fake - have become machines and cross-breeds of eachother.
Nah, they're just learning from Digimon. They're doing the right thing.
I say hit me up with Zekyuremon.
http://i.imgur.com/8RClK.gif

Freezer
February 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
So, who's gonna wait for the Grey/Pink/Rainbow version of this game instead?

Oh right.

real talk though im gonna bet they'll do a third game for this. Kyurem fuses with both Zekrom and Reshiram yo.

dannyboy601
February 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
As far as the time thing goes, gen 1 and gen 3 share the same time period. Likewise, gen 2 and gen 4 take place together about 3 years after 1 and 3. If we get Hoenn remakes, that you mean 5 takes place in the same time as 1 and 3. But seeing as BW2 are sequels, we can either get 5.1 taking place with 1 and 3 and 5.2 taking place in a unspecified time jump. Or we could get 5.1 take place before gens 1 and 3, and have 5.2 take place at the same time as the other two. I think having 5.1 before the beginning of what we know of as the beginning of pokemon would be a pretty interesting twist :P

That sounds like a very interesting idea, but there's one problem. If you remember, in N's Castle, one of the grunts states that: "Team Galactic and Team Rocket drew too much attention to themselves. That's why their plans were thwarted." Also, the Team Rocket Grunt that stole the machine part in G/S/C/HG/SS appears in Iccirus City. This shows that B/W must take place after the events of gen 2+4, and therefore, gen 1+3 as well. The only way I can think of gen 5 coinciding with gen 3 is if 5.2 takes place before 5.1, but that's very unlikely.

As for the games, I'm so glad that they're being released. I was always kind of frustrated that B/W had so many mysteries left unsolved (Who were the Shadow Triad and where did they go? Where did N and Ghetsis go after the end? Who on earth were Anthea and Concordia?), but now I see that it was all intended, and are probably going to be solved in B2/W2. I just hope that they pull it off well.

hchaos2
February 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Well to anyone that's complaining, "why isn't this on the 3DS?", imagine all the complaints we'll get when people start complaining they don't feel like spending close to $200 just to play Pokemon. I know that I wouldn't do it, even though I have the 3DS already. If I didn't, I wouldn't even bother.

Tashiro
February 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Black 2: coming soon to Tashiro's DS. Zekyurem looks gloriously hideous. <3

Will this be the one that's packaged with 3DS systems? I hope so. I'm holding out on buying a 3DS until there are Pokémon-themed ones.

Xander Olivieri
February 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hoen appearing in the sequels is a very very VERY low chance. Yes they COULD do it like Johto EXCEPT, Johto and Kanto were literally just a short walk away from each other. Unova and Hoen have a vast ocean with untold miles between the two and Gamefreak would be less likely to add them in just because of them wanting to Separate Unova from the other four.

Unova isn't supposed to have any connections to the older regions, that's why its so far away. For them to magically link the old regions to Unova would be undoing all the work they put in to solidify the fact that its extremely far away.

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I think these are smaller projects hence why 1 they're kind of rushed considering they got a release date the same day they were announced and that release date is just 3 months away because they want to save a bigger project for the first Pokémon game on 3DS. Also, Hoenn and Unova are too similar in appearence so it would kinda be pointless.

Freezer
February 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hoen appearing in the sequels is a very very VERY low chance. Yes they COULD do it like Johto EXCEPT, Johto and Kanto were literally just a short walk away from each other. Unova and Hoen have a vast ocean with untold miles between the two and Gamefreak would be less likely to add them in just because of them wanting to Separate Unova from the other four.

Unova isn't supposed to have any connections to the older regions, that's why its so far away. For them to magically link the old regions to Unova would be undoing all the work they put in to solidify the fact that its extremely far away.
Here's an idea

Introduce passports as an item and allow access to airports post-game.
Have some sort of plane pokemon or whatever.

EDIT: How is the game rushed? It's gonna be out 2-3 months after B/W hits its anniversary.
This game clearly has been developed for longer than a year.

Unless you actually think this game is gonna be any different besides a new (useless) plot and some dumb improvements here and there.

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I wonder when the next update is, whenever it is I'm looking forward to it as the possibilities of these new games are endless right now in speculation.

Mew~
February 26th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Ffff, the one time I decide to go out early in the morning and not check on news, but as soon as I saw this I was just like... WTF?!?!

So, much, discussion, going on right now...

I'm so sad this isn't going to be on the 3DS. ;.;

DipKicks
February 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Seeing as they White and Black Kyurems are fusions, what type will they be? Dragon must be one, so what will be the other, since I highly doubt they will have a 3-type pokemon.

With Gamefreak, you can't highly doubt anything :P

scprepschool
February 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I can see kyurem getting caught in between reshiram and zekrom, tryimg to freeze the world and what not but instea isolates a conjoining fusion flare and fusion bolt, the result... Kyurem splitting 3 ways black kyurem and white kyurem and the frozen shell of lacunosa lore.
Which would leave the latter still in their resoective dex entries, with only a peice of reshiram and zek ripped away in the fusiom, we still have reshi and zek to catch post game. Hmmm. Plus I think white kyu and black kyu will hold new dex entries, if they make his form interchangeable through a held item then that deletes the purpose for ppl to purchase both versions

Tachikaze
February 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Yes you can. Three types makes no sense and is too complicated. They'll be Dragon/whatever type.

Mew~
February 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
You are right, but I think that would be a very, very big sort of thing to do, and would change mechanics a lot. They'll probably do something like Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice whilst retaining dragon moves in move pool.

-Grayscale-
February 26th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Still waiting for that Gen V Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Anyways, I highly dislike these new forms and think that combining pokemon like this is a little stupid and unoriginal. I'm also upset that they are breaking the name cycle from colors and stones like Green, blue, yellow, ruby, pearl, diamond, etc. Could've at least called it Gray Version.

The only thing cool about this is that we might be able to find answers to some of the plot gaps(anyone thinking N here?), but again I just dislike this entire thing in general. Better be funner than the other pkm games I've bought.

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I think it's only going to be one region because the only games that had multiple regions were GSC, that was their exclusive feature and we had HGSS in 2009 so having ANOTHER game with 2 regions 3 years later would be kind of pointless the whole 16 badge concept etc. I can see new areas but that's really it. Also not to mention the development time would be longer than it actually is being released.

prime456
February 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Of course they could add a next region remember professor juniper father did say skylar could bring you on the cargo ship to a different region

bwburke94
February 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Skyla said that Kanto and Sinnoh were far away. Nothing about transporting you there.

Also, this needs to be stickied.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM
If the games were in a new region, I wouldn't expect them to have a name that connects them with B/W. By calling them B/W "2" there's a definite expectation that they're gonna have some connection to B/W, and that more than likely means taking place in the same region.

After all it's not called R/S "2" or G/S "2".

bwburke94
February 26th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Well said, LeSabre.

The English names of the games are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. This highly suggests you're all being duped and that my two-third-versions theory is more likely.

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Well said, LeSabre.

The English names of the games are Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. This highly suggests you're all being duped and that my two-third-versions theory is more likely.

I agree, if it wasn't going to be based in Unova it would have a completely different name I'd assume but that's obviously why they have added the two.

February 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Only two weeks until we get more info on this game...hopefully unless Corocoro just has a little bit of news...

Kaori
February 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Well just because they are more than likely going to take place in Unova again, doesn't mean they still can't be sequels. That's like saying Harry Potter being set in Hogwarts year after year in each book of the series aren't sequels to one another. The difference between these two games and the originally thought up "Gray" is that Gray would have been the original two games merged as one with a few enhancements, upgrades, and extras but overall the same story with N and Team Plasma. In Black & White 2, we can have a new story that takes place after the events of Black and White making these games a sequel rather than a traditional third game.

Waffle-San
February 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I can't believe some of the hate in this thread, though the general opinion seems to be changing. But seriously, do people hate change this much?
I think this a fantastic idea, they say "2" right in the name, they're obvious sequels and not Pokemon Gray split in two. And I will firmly believe that until I have any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Without knowing anything about the game I'll reserve the rest of my judgement but I am definitely excited about the possibilities here. And if Hoenn does show up, I'll welcome it.

Also Porygon is a pretty stupid looking Pokemon. =/

February 26th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Please don't use the world "Obvious" multiple times we've used that word this generation it turned out to be wrong like Luvdisc having an evolution, the third game being called Grey/Gray...
It could just be an alternate version of BW with many changes not a true sequel...though I hope it's a sequel...

Kaori
February 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Please don't use the world "Obvious" multiple times we've used that word this generation it turned out to be wrong like Luvdisc having an evolution, the third game being called Grey/Gray...
That is very true! & All we have is a name and two mascots as well as their names. I think we need to lay back and just wait for some more news, haha.

Alli
February 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.

February 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I think Nintendo stalked all Pokemon forums and saw we were expecting Grey and deliberately made Black 2 and White 2. We just got trolled.
I think the same...they proably did that with the so called Luvdisc evolution too...the remakes proably won't even be called MRAS now either...
Something strange is that despite the close release date they didn't give us a video...I wonder if the games are still in production...

Alli
February 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I sure hope we see RS remakes in the future! But anyway, as for B2W2, I did want a third game as opposed to a duo sequel, but the fact that it's so different from the normal thing intrigues me. So I'm looking forward to these games and more updates on them. And this is coming from someone who hates change, haha.

Oryx
February 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Game Freak is huge on shocking people and subverting expectations tbh, that's why I insisted it wouldn't be called Gray haha. Of course no one saw this coming though, they just took it to a new level. But I honestly don't think Gray was ever an option, they probably wanted to shock people from the beginning.

February 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Game Freak is huge on shocking people and subverting expectations tbh, that's why I insisted it wouldn't be called Gray haha. Of course no one saw this coming though, they just took it to a new level. But I honestly don't think Gray was ever an option, they probably wanted to shock people from the beginning.
I think it was due to the hints they dropped like N saying the world had become too Grey and that it needed to return to being Black and White and Kyurem being grey...Wait a minute maybe the fact that these games aren't called Grey is a hint about Plasma...it could mean that the world is still divided into two or that they still seek to keep the world Black and White...

Mechanic
February 26th, 2012, 06:04 PM
GF Boss: "Alright team we already ran out of clever ways to use colors/gems/irons/metals"
GF Team: "What??? Awwwwww, now what are going to do with new releases?"
GF Boss: "Good that you ask young one, NOW WE HAVE NUMBERS! And they are infinite over 9000!!!!"

But seriously this has been the biggest troll they could have given to us, we here expecting something of the usual but then they go make 2 different versions of Kyurem and give us 2 new games instead of one, now i can't wait to see the clever ideas they came up with to have this game interact as in, white1 can only interact with white2 and the such xD.

Haza
February 26th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm so hyped about these games. Just what I've needed to get back into the Pokémon spirit. In my opinion, Black and White never seemed finished to me. The story was way too short and the region was relatively small. Also, since all the games released on the DS thus far aren't completely compatible with trading anyway, I wouldn't rule out any new Pokémon being introduced. Aren't White Kyurem & Black Kyurem separate anyway? I'm expecting to see them integrating more Pokémon from other regions, and maybe adding a few new evolutions. That's just me being hopeful I guess, but it's possible.

Alli
February 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
^ I'd love for the regional dex to not just be Unova this time around. If anyone has been keeping up with my blog, I've used every Unova Pokemon. lol So I am honestly sick of Unova Pokemon, unless they are named Petilil or Victini. Plus, I think a lot of other people are sick of just Unova. It can't just be me. So yeah, I'm really hoping for some other non-gen V Pokemon to be incorporated into the games. The beginning of BW was so bland too. The trainers hardly had any diversity. Before the first gym, you can only get your starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, a monkey, Audino, and Munna. Compare that to say, Ruby and Sapphire where you could get your starter, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Wurmple, Lotad/Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow, Slakoth, Ninc-- okay you get the point, lol. There was a lot of stuff available and trainers had better team diversity (some had stuff you couldn't even get right away, like Machop and Geodude). So yeah, I'd love to see more options with B2W2, especially in the beginning of the game.

Mechanic
February 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
^ I'd love for the regional dex to not just be Unova this time around. If anyone has been keeping up with my blog, I've used every Unova Pokemon. lol So I am honestly sick of Unova Pokemon, unless they are named Petilil or Victini. Plus, I think a lot of other people are sick of just Unova. It can't just be me. So yeah, I'm really hoping for some other non-gen V Pokemon to be incorporated into the games. The beginning of BW was so bland too. The trainers hardly had any diversity. Before the first gym, you can only get your starter, Lillipup, Patrat, Purrloin, a monkey, Audino, and Munna. Compare that to say, Ruby and Sapphire where you could get your starter, Zigzagoon, Wingull, Wurmple, Lotad/Seedot, Ralts, Shroomish, Tailow, Slakoth, Ninc-- okay you get the point, lol. There was a lot of stuff available and trainers had better team diversity (some had stuff you couldn't even get right away, like Machop and Geodude). So yeah, I'd love to see more options with B2W2, especially in the beginning of the game.

THIS THIS AND THIS!!!

I'm on my way to the 7th Gym and i still don't have my complete 6 team rooster that i like to keep until i got up to the E4, they are just sooo UGHHHH i can barely bear some of them, i like a lot of what i have but i need something else >,<

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Yeah, well they mixed up the Dex in Platinum from Diamond & Pearl so I can only think they will do the same with this.. maybe adding Hoenn Pokémon considering they're hard to obtain currently... well some of them are anyway.

Nick
February 26th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Sydian, I think you just made the most unexpectedly true acclaimation to Game Freak's overall personality – This is what they're up to, folks. ^^;

My opinion as to why Game Freak is switching things up is, simply put, they aim to shock us, but with a well-thought out system that is slowly revealed. Very sneaky and smart, those folks! ;D

P0kelegend
February 26th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I can't wait to get info on this game. Coro Coro will likely be our first source of info for the game, unless Pokemon Smash gives us something little before Coro Coro like they did with HG/SS.

Minishcap
February 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
The poster pics gives me the impression of "morph evolution", i.e. two Pokémon evolving into one.

Nakuzami
February 26th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sequel? Now wouldn't that be interesting. . . . It would certainly make me feel better about the new Kyurem forms looking like bad splice jobs. It just seems odd that the third version will be two games. . . . *Sigh* Guess I'll be buyin' 'em both again, lol. The fact that they're also "Pokemon 2," . . . is, well, I guess it just bugs me because it seems odd in the world of Pokemon. HEY, it's interesting and something new. I like it.
Ugh . . . I guess that means the two signature moves of Kyurem depend on what forme you get, doesn't it? BAH. I'll get them both anyways, because I'm that awesome. Sadly, I could not read this whole thread because I'm lazy and have little time to. However, I hear that there's much hate going on? LET THIS SOOTHE YOU:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/KimKutThroat/NyanCat.gif
There, the world is right once more. I'll be seeing you.

Mrhappyface
February 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
It sounds to me like they are making an entirely new story based in the Unova region. Whilst this may raise the question of: "Is Game Freak running out of ideas for new Pokemon?", it also adds an interesting layer to Pokemon which we haven't seen much of before; Continued story-line.

I can't remember who said it but someone suggested that we might return to Hoenn during the game. I like this idea and there is evidence to support it. They played gen 3 music before the announcement of the games and also made reference to gen 3 several other times.

I'm actually pretty excited about the new games :D

Andrew McKenzie
February 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I don't get what all the b****ing is about. I mean. From what I can tell, the whole point of Black and White was to mix up the formula a little and change stuff up a bit, begin again. So two new games as a SEQUEL or possible even a PREQUEL with a new adventure in the same region is better than a SLIGHTLY different but same adventure.

Until we get actual info though, it's all speculation but to be honest, I'm hoping it's a sequel pair of games.