PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] New Pokemon in B2/W2...?

Forever
February 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
This idea may have come to people's minds when B/W 2 was announced. Do you think there will be new Pokemon other than the current unreleased ones? Or that this'll maybe be a jump into a new generation, mixed with old Unova and new Unova Pokemon? What do you guys think about the idea of them throwing in a few new Pokemon that can't be found in the actual versions of Black and White? Or would you just like to see the current Pokemon redone with new formes? Discuss!

You may also discuss whether you think they'll put in the old generation Pokemon before post-game instead.

DipKicks
February 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I had an idea for a new region, seeing as it IS a sequel.

Maybe some exclusives in the possibly new region

Blue
February 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
So many Pokémon Black & White 2 threads!

I doubt they will add any more new Pokémon until the next generation, I think they were saving the unrevealing three for these games specifically maybe one being exclusive to each or some sort of system.

bobandbill
February 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Only new forms/formes. There needs to be data for new full Pokemon for it to be compatible with Black/White and as it's a 5th gen game, it'll be compatible with those. Ergo, no new Pokemon as it's still a 5th gen game.

Bluerang1
February 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
^But it's a sequel. New Pokemon might have been discovered ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
If there is then we might as well call B2W2 generation 5.5 if not gen 6...
I don't expect to see any new ones. Maybe a diffrent looking Basculin though...

bctincher15
February 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah i would like to see a new Basculin, but i think the most different it could be other than new formes are new movesets, like more Fighting moves for Emboar.

Oryx
February 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I would like new movesets but not new Pokemon. The generation has a nice number of Pokemon right now, the Kanto sweet spot if you will, and adding new Pokemon would separate it too much from the rest of the series.

BUT! I would like if they put more past-generation Pokemon in the games in different routes, to show that they've creeped more into the region. :3

Latios Master
February 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I'm sure there will not be new Pokémon, just new forms for Kyurem and maybe one or two more for other Pokémon. I think there will be new areas to explore to the north and/or west of Unova.

G.U.Y.
February 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I would love for there to be new Pokemon. But that doesn't change the fact that there is almost no chance of that happening in reality since these are sequels, not completely new games.

Railgun
February 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
If my idea of it being based in Unova and Kanto is correct I'd like a mix off all gen pokemon but the early ones in Hoenn and the later ones in Unova

Cello
February 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Meh, there should only be new Pokemon every new Generation, and this is still Gen V.
I don't mind a few forms, but we already have a mess of new Pokemon. That's good enough!

February 25th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Maybe they could make rare pokemon like Emolga and the snow flake one more common. New pokemon in the middle of a gen would be stranger than changing game counsel's (which they didn't).

Team Fail
February 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well, we know of White Kyurem and Black Kyurem. I wonder if perhaps some of our old favorites may get the evolutions we wanted.

February 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
^ That thought crossed my mind but it will be wierd to link Luvdisc with the heart fish (forgot it's name) in the middle of a generation...but I guess anything is possible now...

Cid
February 25th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I'm agreeing with Toujours and Cello. I think the number of Pokémon this generation has at the moment is enough.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in new formes for some of the more interesting Pokémon like how they did with Rotom from Gen IV. It would fit with the duality theme that they've been emphasizing up until now.

It's more likely that they won't do much to the Pokémon, though, and that's fine.
Hopefully, they'll introduce Pokémon from the previous generations this time around.

Wings Don't Cry
February 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I don't think I'm ready for a bunch of new Pokemon yet but I want to see them make more differences between female and male Pokemon. I have trouble seeing Leavanny or Serperior as males.

Tachikaze
February 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'd like some new ones, but I'm pretty sure we'll just get new forms of things, like Kyurem.

何贤豪
February 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM
There won't be new Pokemon, aside from the ones hidden in data (Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo).
I'm sure of it.

classiccartoonsftw
February 26th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I hope Pokemon Black and White 2 will have an Unova dex with not just all Unova Pokemon, but also some old Pokes from generations I to IV.

Mr. Magius
February 26th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Since Game Freak is making everything "new"... why not? We might only get a handful of new Pokémon, but I would actually love that. It would be like Generation 5.5! so not a ton of new Pokémon like 150, but around 5 could cut it. It could even be a sneak preview to the Pokémon of Generation 6, like pre-evolutions.

B2/W2 might actually feature a visit to another region, if even just a short visit. It might be just an island, or an archipelago, so it would make sense for there to be non-Unova Pokémon.. or just new formes. I would LOVE for there to be new branch evolutions, instead of having only ONE choice of evolution like how Generation 5 is now :-(

Well, whatever happens, I know I won't be disappointed.

Railgun
February 26th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Just make older Pokemon in Unova

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM
They wouldn't be compatible with BW so that would be kinda odd.. then again if they're sequels I guess it's possible.

miltankRancher
February 26th, 2012, 05:55 AM
No new Pokemon. Unless this is a whole new region (wow, gen VI already?), I doubt new pokemon will be revealed.

But i am hoping for some new forms. i cannot see any of them having new ones, but hey. GF can be creative at times.

Manila Luzon
February 26th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I can't see any new Pokemon being added. I hope we see some new forms though. I'd love a new Basculin form. :3 Even though they're both pointless it'll be nice to have new things. I hope they expand the Pokedex like Platinum did so we can have pre Gen V Pokemon in Unova before the league. Because playing with a team of Unova Pokemon is boring. v_v;;

Forever
February 26th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back? Because if so, that throws the whole backwards compatibility thing out of the window. Think of it, sequel implies "years later" - and who knows, in the same region they could've discovered a few more Pokemon. I mean, it seems totally logical, and knowing Game Freak, there could be a few Pokemon they were hiding from us, and the fact that the hidden/unreleased Pokemon are pretty much being released much quicker than Sinnoh's makes me think that they've got more up their sleeves and this isn't all we're getting.

HyperXhydra
February 26th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I doubt there will be, just new forms.

MegaKuriboh
February 26th, 2012, 07:29 AM
If they have new Pokemon, I hope they make more Ice types, for the Ice leader so he can have more than 3 Pokemon.

ALSO, this idea popped into my head just now, what if they bring back the Time Machine?
Remember in Gen 2? You could trade with Gen 1 but only trade Kanto Pokemon. What if they do that? So we could have a few new Pokemon. Just a thought.

zlip
February 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I really doubt they'll have new pokemon but KYRUEM'S EXTRA FORMS LOOK AWESOME!!!!! It isnt a new generation so there probably won't be and I really don't like how its called B/W 2...it seems kinda gimmicky (Hopefully those are working titles)

Skara
February 26th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I'd love it if like, five new forms and two new Pokemon were deeply hidden in BW's coding.

skyluigi2
February 26th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure. It's the first time two games will be released as a 'third game', so I'm not sure what the differences will be (expect the obvious different Kyurem forms)...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
February 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Maybe there can be cameo appearances for new Pokemon in these two games, I highly doubt that there will be new Pokemon available inside of these games. It will be their best bet to save it for the 6th generation.

:t354:TG

Kenshin5
February 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I don't really like the idea of new pokemon introduced mid generation. Just wait until the inception of a new generation for them to be introduced. I'd prefer they just stick with introducing them in anime like Ho-oh, Togepi, Elekid, Dophan, Weavile, Chatot, etc etc. They would just seem out of place introducing new pokies.

Oshakpop
February 26th, 2012, 09:12 AM
The only thing I could imagine is like a new character who owns a Gen 6 Pokémon that can't be obtained in the game at all, but can be just seen in it's over world sprite. Wouldn't need to be in the Pokédex, wouldn't be able to be captured, therefore wouldn't be able to be transferred over to Black and White

Kaori
February 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
The only thing I could imagine is like a new character who owns a Gen 6 Pokémon that can't be obtained in the game at all, but can be just seen in it's over world sprite. Wouldn't need to be in the Pokédex, wouldn't be able to be captured, therefore wouldn't be able to be transferred over to Black and White
This would be cool, except then Gen 6 would be confirmed pretty much and it wouldn't be fun not having to get excited in a mystery of one. Plus I think I'd rather more hints leading towards RS remakes first. :B

I honestly don't think there will be any new Pokémon otherwise this should just be the start of Gen 6. Though I wouldn't know why they would call it B/W2 if that was the case. So I'm thinking we'll get new forms for Pokémon only.

Xander Olivieri
February 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back? Because if so, that throws the whole backwards compatibility thing out of the window. Think of it, sequel implies "years later" - and who knows, in the same region they could've discovered a few more Pokemon. I mean, it seems totally logical, and knowing Game Freak, there could be a few Pokemon they were hiding from us, and the fact that the hidden/unreleased Pokemon are pretty much being released much quicker than Sinnoh's makes me think that they've got more up their sleeves and this isn't all we're getting.

For the Bolded part: No. Only restriction was Giratina holding Grieous Orb cause that Item didn't exist in D/P. If you sent a Rotom in a different Form or Shaymin in its Sky form they'd change back to their original forms. Origin Form Giratina was the only one that couldn't be traded due to it holding an item that didn't exist in the previous games.

Waffle-San
February 26th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I would totally welcome the idea of introducing a few new Pokemon. 4-6 with no more then 8 introduced. The Pokemon could be "discovered" in game by your character. Or if N comes back from another region he could bring 1 6th gen Pokemon with him. I think the minor addition of a couple Pokemon could do well for the games. But it has to be minimal.

Bluerang1
February 26th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Actually I like the idea above. And these new evolutions don't have to be compatible with BW because let's say that it's the "past" and these Pokemon have not been discovered at that time. Bring on Flying and Dragon Eeveelutions or whatever haha.

Victini
February 26th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I don't deny this possibility!

T-They did stop at a really weird number.. 649... and I don't think Kyurem's forms will fill in numbers 650 and 651 unless they count as new Pokemon altogether... and who knows, they might! They are drastically different from the normal idea of "forme", being fusions and all...

I have a feeling that B2/W2 will take place in the future if they truly are sequels. If that's the case, maybe new Pokemon species will come up in that time between the past and future. ~ ♥

Blue
February 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Maybe a few more new formes here and there but I think they will save new Pokémon for Gen V.

Mana
February 27th, 2012, 03:31 AM
People seem to be talking a lot about how there couldn't be new pokemon mid generation - but aren't those 'generations' purely fan-talk?

Since Gen 2 was technically a sequel of Gen 1 is there not a possibility that this is Gen 6?

Or failing that - they've already broken the generation rules by releasing 2 sequels/thirds, so why not break another and include new Pokémon? Could be formes, new methods of evolution and New Legendaries wouldn't be too much I don't think.

Hibaru
February 27th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I don't think there will be a New Pokemon until 6th Gen to announce (IF there is a 6th gen). After all, its the 3rd Game right? So its probably gonna be like Platinum, where the game is having a new form of a Legendary.

P.S : The prediction is right, Kyurem is the 3rd mascot.

Haza
February 27th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Just like you can't trade Unova Pokémon to Sinnoh or Johto, I don't see why you guys feel like backwards compatibility is such a factor. All of these games are on the same system are already aren't fully compatible. I honestly can't see them NOT adding any new Pokémon since we only got a small amount of new Pokes this generation, and they made it a point not to make any of them related to previous generations. Maybe this time they'll finally add in tho evolutions an pre-evoultions? When you think about it, why would we want to have 4 games of virtually the same generation come out in just a year and a half? If there isn't anything but a story change and new formes, I doubt many people will buy them just for that.

Forever
February 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Just like you can't trade Unova Pokémon to Sinnoh or Johto, I don't see why you guys feel like backwards compatibility is such a factor. All of these games are on the same system are already aren't fully compatible. I honestly can't see them NOT adding any new Pokémon since we only got a small amount of new Pokes this generation, and they made it a point not to make any of them related to previous generations. Maybe this time they'll finally add in tho evolutions an pre-evoultions? When you think about it, why would we want to have 4 games of virtually the same generation come out in just a year and a half? If there isn't anything but a story change and new formes, I doubt many people will buy them just for that.

Exactly. :3 10/10 for your post.

Also, as I posted in another thread, there's only 7 native Unova ice types, with one including Kyurem. Think about it... the mascot of the brand new games and only 6 other ice types? Doesn't really add up. There's gotta be more since I'm sure it'll be centered about a frozen Unova, really.

Haza
February 27th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I also see this as being a way of reigniting the excitement of this generation because, speaking for myself, the anime, movies, and events of this generation have been quite dull and dry. Introducing some new Pokémon, expanding the National Dex, and integrating more Pokémon from other regions could really do that.

Esper
February 27th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I don't see why they would make sequels to BW and not have them be compatible. That's one nice thing about these games - that you can interact between different versions. It just seems natural to me that sequels of the very same title would have the chance to connect up like we're used to. Unless they've developed something swanky that will let you bring new Pokemon back into BW I don't think they'll bring out any new ones.

Daydream
February 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I don't really see why new pokemon = no backwards compatibility. The new pokemon simply don't get traded back. They did it in G/S/C, so I don't see why it would be that hard. It's possible we'll visit a new area of Unova, or a region linked to it - like Johto/Kanto. It'd be interesting to see the two regions dynamic return, but perhaps with them being closer, there'll just be fewer new pokemon.

Obviously all speculation, can't wait for some more information that'll quell our arguments.

kelario27
February 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I just looked today.

All we've seen so far from B2/W2 is the new forms of Kyurem, which would be expected from a THIRD VERSION. I suspect that, instead of giving us new Pokemon (B1/W1 had too many for me to start with), B2/W2 will be a branched third version that introduces new forms of legendaries and thus follows in the footsteps of Platinum.

It's also possible that these will follow in the footsteps of Pocket Monsters 2 and never get released at all.

hiff8
February 27th, 2012, 06:28 PM
My Guess It will be more of a 3rd game effect, like The Emerald to ruby and Sapphire, except there is going to be story expansion past that of black and white, even though it will still have the same begging of black/ white, and there will probably some kind of black and white transformation stones similar to that of Deoxys, but you can only get that stone in the game of matching color, and the stones would change Kyrem into said forms, but other then that I highly doubt there will be any new pokemon

Nakuzami
February 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Weren't there Pokemon that were only obtainable in Platinum and couldn't be sent back?

Technically, no. There was a new form for Shaymin/Giratina, but it was the items they needed to transform that couldn't be sent back. I suppose if they make it impossible to bring the new pokemon into the union room it could work, but I doubt it.

I mean, I would think that since it has to be compatible with older games and there wasn't any coding for any other pokemon, just the signature moves of Kyurem's new formes, I doubt it. Game Freak may like surprises, but that might be . . . a little to surprising. Or predictable, since we're already discussing it. It's never happened, but hey, maybe. I still doubt it, lol.

Bluerang1
March 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Well B2W2 have been announced to be a brand new story so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to get new Pokemon, especially since Black Kyurem and White Kyurem can't be in Black and White.

Also, I feel Black and White were Beta games...

potent445
March 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I think its possible for them to add new pokemon, or atleat some new forms. I would definly like them to add a few new pokemon.
I wounder is its possible for them to make alomomola an evolution of luvdisc in this new game?

March 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I doubt it...but it does seem to be a sequel so maybe they discovered new pokemon, like 11 (to make it 460)

IcyIce
March 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
IDK....it just doesn't seem like they would add new pokemon other then the 3 event pokemon that haven't come out. We are still in Gen 5 and I would think they would have told us every pokemon already. But I can see new forms,like maybe more forms like Deerling and Sawsbuck.

Xander Olivieri
March 13th, 2012, 10:46 PM
IDK....it just doesn't seem like they would add new pokemon other then the 3 event pokemon that haven't come out. We are still in Gen 5 and I would think they would have told us every pokemon already. But I can see new forms,like maybe more forms like Deerling and Sawsbuck.

We are still in Gen 5 as far as we know. Gamefreak already pulled the rug from under us once, whose to say they cannot do it again.

Its scary thought, but so far what Mana Ibe said in that old Interview has pretty much come to pass.

"This is our last installment for this set." (Paraphrased like a pro XD) Black and White could be the only ones for Gen 5 and we miraculously moved into Gen 6. While I hope not, its still possible.

We'll find out next Coro Coro so cheers to April shedding some light.

-ty-
March 14th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I would like to see more evolutions and pre-evolutions for this generation. Also, maybe some more elemental monkeys. If they add more pokemon that are not categorized in the above criteria, the number of new pokemon should be limited.

rocky505
March 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
It's pretty obvious that there will be no new pokemon. We already have all 5th gen Pokemon revealed, and last I checked it's still 5th gen.

voicerocker
March 14th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I highly, highly doubt we'll see new Pokemon. This is still Generation 5, not a new generation. While I'm not against more Pokemon, I don't think I'd like to see them introduced without moving into the next gen. It just doesn't seem right. (Though, Bonsly was introduced in XD, but only as a card.) However, we might see more of the older Pokemon in B/W 2 since they started appearing at the end of the first games. But with Unova supposedly having Pokemon unique to that region alone, we might not. But I personally feel like there shouldn't be any new Pokemon added until Gen. 6 is introduced.

Toshiro.
March 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Doubt it. We just got a ton of new pokemon in B/W. The pattern is that they tend to wait a couple of years before producing new ones, and B/W was just released last year. So I doubt it.

Lawjic
March 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I really doubt they would already have a set of new pokemon coming out already. I believe that we are still in gen 5 with black 2 and white 2, otherwise they would have given more original names to the new games.

pryce10
March 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
firstly the black kyrum is new From akin to new rotom forms and new gertina forms in Pokemon Platium. As such since it is only a form and not a new pokemon, there was no problem with interation with D/P with platium.

Also WE ARE STILL IN GEN 5 and as far as I know there is no new pokemon data beyound genosect.

so no we will not have new pokemon. only new forms.

MarioManH
March 25th, 2012, 05:13 AM
My prediction is that a new region would be added seeing that it is a sequel. G/S/C is the sequel of R/B/Y and were supposed to be named R2/B2. Therefore I predict atleast new areas to be added. New pokemon... Its really hard to say, it would make more sense in a manner, but its kinda stupid to only have 5th gen gaming for like a year and a half. We will have to wait and see what happens.

shivamwazhere
March 25th, 2012, 05:36 AM
well since they haven't revealed all the pokemon in black/white i doubt that they'll add new pokemon to b/w 2

HaloSonic
March 25th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I hope this Brand New Story isn't just an extra chapter addon like Emerald and Platinum was.
pokemon wise, aside from Kyurem's new forms, there wouldn't be new pokemon.

Kenshin5
March 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM
As voicerocker already said we have already seen new pokemon introduced prior to their generation in the games such as XD with Munchlax and Bonsly(albeit those games were spin offs). It seems more then likely if there is a new pokemon introduced it will be via the Anime & Movies such as Ho-oh, Togepi, Donphan, Elekid, Wynat, Kecleon, Blaziken, Lucario, Weavile, Chatot, etc.

If anything I feel it will be new forms i.e. Kyurem, Giratina, Rotom, and so on. And to have us jump to sixth generation and its pokemon this soon seems a stretch.

Anako
March 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Only new forms/formes. There needs to be data for new full Pokemon for it to be compatible with Black/White and as it's a 5th gen game, it'll be compatible with those. Ergo, no new Pokemon as it's still a 5th gen game.

This. Though, they could also go with what they did in Platinum and allow certain Pokemon from previous generations be wild Pokemon accessible during gameplay.

I don't really like to speculate that much and I wish GameFreak would release some pictures or videos sometime soon.

Xander Olivieri
March 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Well...If you want to bring "Compatibility" in, Gen 4 was Compatible with Gen 3 as you could one way trade them forward. Gen 5 and Gen 4 are compatible with the same logic. I don't think we'll be getting any new "Pokemon" Pokemon as there was very little warning with this new version set and barely anything has been leaked. If there were, they'd wanna hype things up a bit more than this.

(add in Gen 2 was completely compatible with Gen 1 and they could trade both ways barring new pokemon/attacks and hold items)

Though as I said, they've pulled the rug from under us many times now. Expect the unexpected as much as you may dislike it.

shinysweety
March 28th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I don't really wanna see any new pokemon, new names to remember and all. I like what they have right now, but maybe a couple new evolution for Luvdisk, Altaria ect.

March 28th, 2012, 08:14 PM
At the very best, we'll be seeing some new evolutions, or connections (luvdisc > alomomola, etc.)

Otherwise, no.

(Of course, B2W2 is already one immense Schrodinger's Game. In which all speculation is considered completely ridiculous and at the same time completely plausible)

sherreamethyst
March 30th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I doubt they will make a new region since it's still Black/White, but I do have my fingers crossed for a couple new pokemon, even if they are just new forms of 5th gen pokes. If they don't add any new pokemon I'll be very disappointed, as for this game they are making it seem as if the story will continue on with new discovered pokemon and a new plot to N maybe.

Xander Olivieri
March 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I doubt they will make a new region since it's still Black/White, but I do have my fingers crossed for a couple new pokemon, even if they are just new forms of 5th gen pokes. If they don't add any new pokemon I'll be very disappointed, as for this game they are making it seem as if the story will continue on with new discovered pokemon and a new plot to N maybe.

Biggest reason a lot of fans don't want Brand new Pokemon Pokemon (Not form, actual new Pokemon) is because that signifies a new Generation, and it does seem too fast for us to move out of Gen 5 already.

The odds of another Alternate Form being released is pretty good considering they introduced Black and White Kyurem as a "New Pokemon".

Personally I'm just worried cause they are getting good at trolling us. If we get new Pokemon then we pretty much just moved into Generation 6.

March 30th, 2012, 06:50 PM
^ or maybe the new Pokemon is only movie related like Munchlax...if not than Gen V was the shortest generation ever (maybe that's why it had such a vast number of Pokemon?)...
My money is on Keldeo getting a new Forme a la Shaymin, I'm hoping for Fire/Fighting so that they Muskeeters could have all five chinese elements, plus it'll help it fight off Kyurem, also fire was what caused the fire...what if it was Keldeo who caused it (by accident, losing control of it's powers)...that would be a twist...

voicerocker
March 31st, 2012, 07:40 AM
Genescet is the only known Pokemon left that has not been officially revealed. I believe we'll be seeing it soon.

Like XanderO said, it's just too early for more Pokemon to be introduced in-game. B/W have only been out for about a year/year and a half.

I don't see any new Pokemon or evolutions coming. MAYBE we'll see a few new formes, but to be honest, I doubt it.

IcyIce
March 31st, 2012, 08:21 AM
A Fire/Fighting form of Keldeo would be somewhat good. Keldeo does seem "younger" then the other 3,but is also the most powerful possibly.

Joshawott
March 31st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Personally, I doubt there will be any new Pokémon in Black and White 2, and frankly I don't want to see any, either. If Game Freak were to add any new Pokémon I couldn't see any more than ten, which would be rather pointless. That being said, I definitely think it's a possibility to see some new forms of fifth generation Pokémon, preferably some that aren't legendaries.

One thing I would love to see added to the games are Pokémon from previous generations, but I think it'd be neat to only have a select few (a little bit less than the amount as with previous generations). If that were to be done, I would hope Game Freak would do something similar to Zel's Shiny Gold in which said Pokémon are rather rare to find.

Treble Harble
April 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Well, I can't see any new Pokemon seeing as to how this is Unova. However, if there is a new region I could say there would be new Pokemon.

But I'd like to see more forms for certain Pokemon and more human characters in Unova.

wombateiro
April 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
I think there's chance Keldeo will have new form because it's based on Kelpie - legendary creature which is able to change forms. Kelpie is a horse which can run on water - just like Keldeo, but it can switch its form to underwater horse - I think new Keldeo's form might be underwater form. Keldeo can't learn dive now because it's focused on being on water surface, so maybe new underwater form could be more focused on being underwater.

Kelpie in running form:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/kelpierunning.jpg

Kelpie in underwater form:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/kelpiediving.jpg

I wish new form could have tail like on picture above but also have four legs - something like Vaporeon. And I would like Keldeo to look tougher in new form.

April 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
^Oh, if it does have an underwater forme they should give it a In game event in the Abysmal ruins ^_^.
I can also see Genesect having Different Formes due to being based on a Robot and a bug (bugs adapt to their environment so it could be like a Bug/Steel Deoxys), They could also give it a Fire,Water, Electric, and Ice /Steel formes so that it's signature move may receive stab (or simply make a bug and or steel disc).

Kenshin5
April 2nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
I would hope they institute a form shift based upon the discs with Genesect. Again I don't get the feeling there will be new pokemon. I would though like to hear mention of new pokemon, like descriptions such as Munna received in Gen I. This way they won't show any new pokemon but may imply its coming sooner or later and we will see this pokemon soon enough more then likely.

April 3rd, 2012, 02:28 AM
Kelpie!Keldeo in Abyssal Ruins is an excellent idea, it'd make that place useful.

And Genesect does have forms already! ...Technically.

I mean, it's just the drive on its back changing color, but they're already existing forms, so there's no way they'll get replaced. Maybe.

Briankelly130
April 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Let's say it takes place in another part of America, you could have alternate forms of existing Gen. V Pokemon, maybe even Pokemon with different move sets or different qualities to show how whatever the proper name for America as a whole is in that game has different habitats as you navigate north or south. Like imagine an Audino who doesn't play friendly and is quite happy to attack you if needed.

ShinyDragonsDen
April 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
The idea of new Pokemon for black and white 2 would be awesome. Or if each Pokemon looked kinda different, Like a White version Tepig or something like that, vs the Black version tepig, or small changes like the gender differences they brought to us in DPPT. I think it would be cool to see that. Or even if 75% of the Pokemon got a bit of an upgrade. It would be sweet.
*Edit!: and Spoiler? maybeeee: The Champ this time is your old character that you uploaded from Black and white!!!!!!

Killjoy
April 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
(Of course, B2W2 is already one immense Schrodinger's Game. In which all speculation is considered completely ridiculous and at the same time completely plausible)

Lol I really like this, and I agree.

So far Gen 5 has thrown some pretty crazy changes at us, so who knows

Mochorro
April 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
I personally think there will not be new Pokémon. They are 5th Generation games. The story may be new, but the Pokémon will remain the same, except for, of course, the new forms of Kyurem, and maybe new forms of other Pokémon, as happened in Platinum?

April 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
The only possible new pokemon I can see happening is the Original dragon's true name (if it's not Kyurem). Other than that new Pokemon wouldn't make sense to me if this is still generation 5.

Xander Olivieri
April 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
The only possible new pokemon I can see happening is the Original dragon's true name (if it's not Kyurem). Other than that new Pokemon wouldn't make sense to me if this is still generation 5.

I don't think they said we were still in Generation 5, at least I haven't seen B2/W2 announced as Gen 5 games yet.

That Magazine leaves so many holes in what we already know..It could be just literal questioning as most magazines will make place holders for info if they are short on pages, so that could just be questions the Editors of that magazine heard from co-workers or fans of the game.

Maybe they were sent preliminary information by Gamefreak/Pokemon Smash to hint information.

The magazine questioning new Pokemon is a bit of a doubled edge sword for us fans cause the meaning is lost to us.

Apple Juice
April 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I seriously doubt they'll bring in any new pokemon. It's the same region, and they've already released the concepts for the new legends, which is what they always do for sequels to region-specific games; iirc same thing happened for D/P/Pt.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Gunna lock this now since from what we know, chances are there probably won't be new Pokemon - and the fact that people are bringing up the possibility of new Pokemon in both the Eevee thread and the Pokemon in B2W2 thread. So yeah if you think there's likely to be new Pokemon in that Pokedex of 300, then mention/discuss that in the latter thread I mentioned.
http://i.imgur.com/EkvQs.png