PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] More than just Unova?

Forever
February 28th, 2012, 03:59 AM
The inevitable question, yeaaah! Since we noticed this discussion was occuring a lot in the announcement thread, we figured having a specific thread for it would be a good idea.

So! As a result, a few questions to base your discussion on:http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/51/Spr_5b_585_s.png

1. Do you think we'll travel to another region in B2/W2? Why or why not?
2. If so, how do you think you will travel to this other region?

Aaand anything else relevant. :)

Oh yeah, and of course, mention the region too! Either way, discuss! Hopefully we see some interesting ideas as to how it may come up that you'll have to travel to another region after Unova, or if you even think you'll be spending time at all in Unova.

Genesect
February 28th, 2012, 04:09 AM
First of all, I think we would be visiting a small region with only a handful of routes and settlements, and I hope its either by Pokemon, air vehicles or ships. Or even a GSC/HGSS way of travelling between Johto and Kanto.

After some thinking, it would be nice if they extended Unova by having a route-al system at Anville Town and >that< would be the new 'region'

Clairissa
February 28th, 2012, 04:10 AM
I doubt it, but I also would like it, and can see it happening, but seeing as this is the first direct sequel game since generation two, anything could happen...

Probably boat if you could travel anywhere, like with the SS Aqua, or whatever it was called.

Hoenn or Sinnoh would be nice to see, Hoenn being unused for two generations now, and I liked Sinnoh over all.

infersaime
February 28th, 2012, 04:57 AM
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
And Unova have no connection to any of the other regions.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.

Blue
February 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Maybe you arrive at Hoenn in the back of a truck

This has been the main question on my mind regarding these games, the fact that there's two games is already a difference so I'm pretty sure considering they are sequels we will be visiting a new, undiscovered area where a further storyline unfolds, there's many reasons why I don't think it will be Hoenn but I won't explain them as it's not the right thread but in general, I see us going to a new location that is smaller than unova but explains the mystery behind all the lose ends left in Black & White.
Also, for those who are saying the Red & Blue hint to Hoenn being in the game, I'm pretty sure the red represents Reshirams fire as the red is on the White Logo and the blue represents Zekroms Electricity with it being on black.

DipKicks
February 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I'd like a new region.

Maybe that black boat will take you somewhere.

And the Pier the black boat is at occasionally is called Prime Pier I think. Prime Islands?

Pkmn Trainer Touko
February 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I think we will have a new region or travel to a previous region like in SS/HG.

Remember that N took off with his respective dragon to some region....I think the fact that he has the dragon means he'll still be involved with the plot and I think where ever he disappeared off to, we as the player may go there also.

Blue
February 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Well, I've previously stated this I'm sure but it may just be set in Unova but with more areas to explore because look at the Map, there's many open and explorable places heck if it's set into the future new cities and buildings may have been constructed and the construction site on Route 4 may be finished which can connect to different routes etc. The only reason why GSC had kanto because if you look on the regional map, Johto & Kanto border onto each other.

Ultimo1991
February 28th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'd like a new region.

Maybe that black boat will take you somewhere.

And the Pier the black boat is at occasionally is called Prime Pier I think. Prime Islands?

the black boat takes you to union tower which you need to trade via wifi to access.

a good guess i thought of fo this is there will be a new region that consists of 3 islands one for fire, one for ice, and one for electric dont get me wrong but its a good idea^^

The Author
February 28th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I would love a new region. I think it would be cool to be able to travel to Hoenn or Sinnoh. :)

skyluigi2
February 28th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.

There's enough room on one cartridge for Kanto and Johto, so why not?

Anyway, it would surprise me if B2 and W2 saw another region.

Clairissa
February 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM

The carts can hold up to 4 gigabytes actually, and the pokemon games are about 250 megabytes, so it's not a size issue.

Naykd
February 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Same region but with add-ons (like Emerald etc)

The Author
February 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I had an idea!

Anyone remember the Sevii Islands?
I think those should be accessible in B2/W2. :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
UPSTATE NEW YORK! Your trainer could explore towns based on delightful communities like Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Albany!*

If there is anything besides the main Unova region, I would like to see something small as opposed to a full-on region with eight badges and all that. As mentioned before something akin to the Sevii Islands would be good... a place where extra events would take place but wouldn't have to be spread thin like Kanto was in the GSC series.

*Disclaimer: My family is from Rochester, NY.

Blue
February 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Well instead of being predictable they could take us to a new (close to Unova) location that is based in the U.S rather than in Japan.. it would link to Unova still.

Cello
February 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
While honestly at this point there's no telling, I think it would be in Gamefreak's best interest to take us to another region IF this is a sequel.

We've already been through Unova, so it wouldn't make sense to go right back through it, unless we're someone else. They could always pull a "Oh, you beat B/W? We forgot to tell you, that was only HALF of Unova" hahaha. :P

Maybe we'll hop on one of.... -insert Flying type gym leaders name-'s planes and head off elsewhere, be it a new or old region.
OH BOY, I hope we have a sky diving game at the beginning of the game like the majority of games on the mainstream market today.

TuGaWaR 545
February 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM
While honestly at this point there's no telling, I think it would be in Gamefreak's best interest to take us to another region IF this is a sequel.

We've already been through Unova, so it wouldn't make sense to go right back through it, unless we're someone else. They could always pull a "Oh, you beat B/W? We forgot to tell you, that was only HALF of Unova" hahaha. :P

Maybe we'll hop on one of.... -insert Flying type gym leaders name-'s planes and head off elsewhere, be it a new or old region.
OH BOY, I hope we have a sky diving game at the beginning of the game like the majority of games on the mainstream market today.

Skyla.

Skydiving ftw. That would be awesome.

rocky505
February 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Skylas planes are out of the picture. They are cargo planes not human transportation ones.

Cello
February 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Skylas planes are out of the picture. They are cargo planes not human transportation ones.

Skyla in B/W if you talk to her after you beat her:

"Are you and your Pokemon well? Our battle together was so much fun. Now, my Pokemon and I have started training again. I don't usually let people travel in my cargo plane, but battling with you was such a blast that I'd make an exception."

Just speculation, not holding my breath on that quote.

SnowpointQuincy
February 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I like the idea of the construction site buildings being completed for the sequel - AND for those buildings to have a special event there to make you care that the buildings are done. They could be a Con-Hotel were Gym Leaders from around the world visit for Re-Matches. Also, the north edge of the map could be expanded on for new locations. Or, we could start North and go to Old Unova Post-game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
February 28th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Speaking about the Sevii islands, maybe those seven make a come back...I mean there were several mysteries that were never solved such as the grass patch...
We could have an event in which we try to connect far off Unova to the other regions trade network (as a major hint to remakes)...
I also like the idea of adding routes connected Anville town (which could be the new players home town...)

Joshawott
February 28th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I personally think that with the games being direct sequels and all, Game Freak is hinting at us that they won't be mere third entries in the series like before. Having that said, I see the possibility of travelling to a new region very likely given the circumstances of the ending in the first two games, and especially since Looker mentioned that N was spotted in a distant land. As for what region exactly, I can't say I'm too sure. Hoenn is definitely a possibility, though I somehow doubt it will happen yet. Perhaps it will be a brand new region, or even just an additional section of Unova?

My guess as for how we will travel to this region is that the opening cinematic will explain the exact whereabouts of N and the game will start off in Castelia City with the protagonist boarding the cruise to find him.

Blue
February 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Seven Islands - Seven Sages... just a thought but I'd love to re-explore the sevii Islands, they had so much to offer and they could easily be fitted into BW2 considering they are relatively small in size collectively. Also, like MRAS they could also link to Red & Blue the originals as well as having four games like they did with the first gen but again, just speculation.

Cello
February 28th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Seven Islands - Seven Sages... just a thought but I'd love to re-explore the sevii Islands, they had so much to offer and they could easily be fitted into BW2 considering they are relatively small in size collectively. Also, like MRAS they could also link to Red & Blue the originals as well as having four games like they did with the first gen but again, just speculation.

GameFreak must like the number 7. It is lucky afterall!

I'm surprised so many people liked the Sevii Islands. I felt like they were content filler, and didn't really have anything significant to them.
I'm not gonna complain though, mainly because I always like being able to re-explore areas from other games in later installments.

As for people who think it will take place in Hoenn, I kinda hope not, as i'd like to see R/S/E get their own remakes. D:

Killjoy
February 28th, 2012, 06:22 PM
For some reason when you guys mention traveling on one of Skyla's planes, I remembered that episode a long time ago where the gang traveled on a blimp lol and then it got stuck by lighting, and burned lol

Something super climactic like that, that's how what I want in a Pokémon game

Just thinking aloud, sorry lol I would love a second region, and I almost think they should be doing something like that, or just as drastic, if their adding a '2' to this.

February 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova ^_^

Tachikaze
February 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
No. It will just be Unova and the few Islands around it. I highly, highly doubt we'll head to any other regions.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
The NPC that says we can't fly on the planes because we have Pokemon is a jerk. I can almost hear him say that line in a condescending tone. Besides IIRC, flying on my Archeops didn't allow me overhead storage or in-flight snacks. And the turbulence was awful.

I'd much rather that they focus on tying up the loose ends in Unova before throwing another region at us. Caves can be expanded on, they have a whole bunch of high-rises in Castelia where you can only visit a few floors, and the whole Route 4 construction area which could become anything once completed, really. Leaving the home region isn't necessary to enrich the story and throw new plot elements at us to explore.

wombateiro
February 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.
Of course not all land drawn here but some of this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/364/a/4/greater_unova_as_upstate_new_york_by_cknightsofni-d4kqsns.png

Map source: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=unova+new+york#/d4kqsns

infersaime
February 29th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Maybe not a completely new region, but some new land in Unova. More areas based on NYC and some based on NY upstate.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/364/a/4/greater_unova_as_upstate_new_york_by_cknightsofni-d4kqsns.png

Awesome map man I think that is possible with something like the boats in FR/LG to connect to the citys.

Blue
February 29th, 2012, 06:24 AM
@ Suicune. Maybe the Seven Sage fled to the islands after escaping from butter fingered Looker...and Ghetsis is located new in island seven, maybe in the Unoun chambers and discovers the God Stone and then returns back to Unova before you capture him...
Anyways more on a new area. I'll like to see what lies north of the Pokemon league...maybe in the new map they can remove those clouds in the art work and reveal entirely new places. Maybe something happens that causes the gyms to move north to the new areas of Unova ^_^

Yeah, that was my idea exactly with the North being kinda covered up, there is many open spaces in Unova that could potentially be explorable and I'd love to see them.

Chevitile
February 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
I don't think we'll get to travel to another region, mainly because Unova is so far away from the others, and I don't know, but to me it seems unlikely. If we do travel somewhere though, maybe it'll be to some kind of island? If so, I think we'll get there by plane or boat.

On another note, I'd like to see Gym Leader rematches in the games as well. Possibly even battles against the sages, even though that does go against them, since they want to free Pokémon etc.

JP
February 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM

Wow dude, what's that map belong to? It's pretty awesome.

I definitely think we'll see a new land mass, whether it be a massive extension to Unova or a brand new region. I'm leaning towards this new area being directly connected to Unova, much like how Kanto and Johto are. It just wouldn't make sense to release these 'sequels' and not have something as big as this in the games. There's no way it's just the added stuff we see in regular 3rd versions.

pryce10
February 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM
good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.

Kaori
March 1st, 2012, 03:17 AM
good to see that there is no theory saying Hoenn is going to be in this game. There were some people in Serebii saying that hoenn is going to be in this game some how.
People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.

HyperXhydra
March 1st, 2012, 03:23 AM
They will probably just add new few areas in Unova.

Charicific
March 1st, 2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah about that...
Personally, I have nothing to lose if they add another region siding with Unova, I would actually LOVE it, but, with no certain reason, I doubt it would happen. What I can think of is some additional locations such as Islands or probably PART of a previous region.

Just small new locations and such. If we are to travel to a different region, most likely I believe we will be using Skyla's Jets. I think I recall her speaking of how easy is a trip from Unova to Sinnoh is didn't she? Well...I would love to see that happen...

Basically, why add different regions if they are irrelevant. We would love it, but the dev might not.

Blue
March 1st, 2012, 03:52 AM
People have made a few theories on this here, but I too am hoping that this doesn't happen whatsoever. I really want Hoenn to be in its own game (that being RS remakes). I really think GameFreak should make more areas of Unova available and that map was a perfect plan @wombateiro.

I second this completely, otherwise we wouldn't get our long anticipated remakes, but on a relative note we should be getting news shortly now and I'm really starting to think that more of Unova will be explorable, it's a large region and it wouldn't really make sense not to take place in it unless they can make a new region/location within a small time frame.

This looks like how the battle of Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza took place

http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/movie-15-trailer-2.jpg

Also, I was thinking about it and originally... Unova had NOTHING to do with Hoenn whatsoever, so to suddenly mix Hoenn with Unova would kind of mess things up wouldn't it?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
I really don't want to see Hoenn (isn't that place 96.42087% water anyway?) I'm not buying R/S remakes, and I really don't want to buy B/W 2 only to have Hoenn forced down my throat anyway.

IIRC, Unova is supposed to be very far away from the other regions, so any new regions would more than likely have to be created especially for these games. And I'm going to reiterate, I don't want to see something like the watered down Kanto that was in G/S/C. GF either needs to make it a smaller region or make sure there's enough content in the other region so it doesn't seem bare.

bwburke94
March 1st, 2012, 05:01 PM
What about the Johto-equivalent being based off New England instead of New Jersey? Would that be a better idea?

J_BiGGiE
March 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
This is a mixed topic theory (Unova expansion + gameplay wish-list): If I recall, Cynthia mentions something about a gathering of champions where they collect to do battle. What if we were introduced to a new area (similar to the Sevii isles perhaps, a mini region if you will) where this takes place. You have one central town where this takes place with a half a dozen towns scattered about. This could be a tournament. And to get in the tournament you have earn a sort of commendation. (kinda like a post-game gym mixed with the battle frontier) And you have to earn a new set of commendations to enter the tournament each time (ie. rematches with increasing difficulty) This new region (I'd love to see the area immediately right of the above New York/Unova map) adds way for plot advancement as well as a way to add to the post game experience.
Oh and the tournament pulls a random assortment of contenders from various gyms, E4, league champs, heroes, former villains(?), and other bad-asses through out the generations.

And when you've defeated every competitor ever and won the final tournament, you get a cut scene of fire-works and a parade. Then the game acknowledges your excellence and arbitrarily resets your game knowing it has no more challenges for you and there is nothing more you can accomplish. :P (jk)

superolie1
March 2nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
I also think that Hoenn will be in the game, but nothing to do with R/S/E, but to continue the story, remember when the Shadow Triad gives you the Orbs and tells you that they helped Ghetsis to escape? they should continue on that in the next games i think we would go back to hoenn as well

wombateiro
March 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
sinnoh is too big to be put into this game

the overwelming refs. to Hoenn (Dive Ball works on underwater Pokemon now? come on...)

to answer your question, the Reason i think its a link to Hoenn is because if you think about it, how in any kind of way can the Creation Trio fit into the main story line? they can't, but what they are basicly telling you is that Ghetsis has no need for them, but it tells you that Ghetsis is collecting them, then he runs off some where, i think Rayquazas gonna play a part, but i could be wrong, we have basicly no info so we can't really call anybodys theory dumb.

I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.

miltankRancher
March 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I am against putting Hoenn in v2. I mean, its Black and white still, not a remake. And also not a minor region. The story would focus on Unova and what role would Hoenn play. Also, Hoenn geographically is too far from Unova.

P0kelegend
March 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I dont see Game Freak putting Hoenn in when they could give it its own remake and make so much more money. Although with people who say it's too far... there is an airport in Unova that could take them anywhere pretty much so you can't really rule anything out.

Blue
March 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
If they put Hoenn in B2W2 generally, they will make much LESS money than they could potentially make with remakes which would be a foolish move on Gamefreaks part and when it comes to money, they want the most they can possibly get. Just realised it's Pokémon Smash tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get at least one video or screenshot... it's been one week and they did a similar thing with HGSS. Looking forward to it because we're bound to hear something on the related topic.

Trainer Evan
March 2nd, 2012, 04:00 PM
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.

LEXAcide
March 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM

I don't think this is true. Simply look at an R4. How many games it stores. Sure, generally DS cartridges don't have too much memory, but if Gamefreak upped their budget a tiny bit, they could easily squeeze any 2 regions together. Even 3 or 4.

That's just what I think.

:)

GlaciaFox
March 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
one things for sure, pokemon ruby and sapphire are the only versions that havent been remade yet, so itll definitly be remade, and with the new b/w sequels coming up, theyd definitly add new features and other stuf for a whole new feel to the game so that players can enjoy it n of course itll talk about what happened to N too, its the sequel after all. but im still not sure about ruby n sapphire region being in the new b/w 2 versions, since alot of people think so cuz of the colors of the numbers on the black and white 2 pictures, but adding another region to it would be nice, i'd like that. just a few more months til we know for sure. can't wait.

KingCyndaquil
March 2nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.
i ment the option to travel to hoenn, and its the most possible region that N went too, seeing Hoenn is the southern most Region in the game (based off japan) unnova being based off New York

pryce10
March 2nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
I honestly do not think Hoenn is going to be in this game as much as I love that place. Reason being apart from many 'hits' about hoenn and hints that there N might be in " some reigion far far away" there isn't any direct link between unova and Hoenn. I also would like my pokemon region to be complete as possible and to have hoenn in this game leads me to fear that it might not be complete as it would be if Hoenn is in its stand-alone remake ( remember how Kanto was half-assed in G/S/C I fear something similer might happen in this game if Hoenn was to be in it.)

Blue
March 3rd, 2012, 03:07 AM
When it says N has fled to a distant land.. it equally could be any land, there's no indication that Hoenn is the most likely to be it.

wombateiro
March 3rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.

Joshawott
March 3rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.

This is a really great idea, and I can definitely see it happening. I hope it does, too, because I love tropical areas in video games. :D

iRyahn
March 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Although I think it's highly unlikely, I sure hope so. Black and White has gotten very old for me for a while now and if it's just a 'remake' with hardly any differences then I'll be sad D:

KingCyndaquil
March 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.

Mr. Magius
March 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hoenn's definitely not being tossed into the mix because, like the four other main regions, it's based on a region in Japan, therefore it's far away from Unova. It would be completely irrelevant to the game, and I think most people would prefer Hoenn to have its own story not mixing with others.

But it might share some sort of connection, like how Platinum hinted several things about Johto, like Red Gyarados. Maybe B2/W2's story might be happening at the same time as R/S/E's story, like a newscast on television saying how Hoenn is being drenched by a downpour, or suffering from a drought.

But sticking to the topic, no, I don't think there will be a new region. B2/W2, in my speculation, takes place after B/W, so since Unova is so advanced in construction and building, there can be a lot of new routes and buildings to explore. Maybe even extra landmasses, like mountains and caves; caves might have been dug deeper by explorers or archaeologists, etc.

We might get a set of (undiscovered?) islands to explore, maybe with new Pokémon (a small batch from Generation VI), or new branch evolutions (since there were none in B/W), or variations to existing Pokémon (like how the Orange Islands' Pokémon had different designs or colours on their bodies). I'm really hoping for new evolutions. After all, this game might not be the fifth generation, it might be the fifth and a half. :D

Kano Shuuya
March 3rd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hoenn? I see no way that Hoenn could be part of either of these games. xD; Not only would I not want it to be, because I want Hoenn to get it's own games again, but like others have said, it's far away from Unova. You'd have to have the characters fly there, and I'd rather some new area anyway. I'm not sure how they're going to manage making B&W more awesome than they already were, because that seems hard to do, but I'd like to see maybe some smaller extra map, where you could catch Pokemon from older regions. That's really all I'm hoping for. xD;

Joshawott
March 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I, personally, can definitely see Hoenn being a major part of Black and White 2, but would much rather them have their own games.

As for where the games will take place, I really can't see it being anywhere else than somewhere new. The games are sequels and not mere third entries, so it wouldn't make very much sense if we went through all of the same areas from the originals. Now I'm not saying some of them (i.e. Castelia City) won't be accessible, but I just see an additional section of Unova being the most likely.

March 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.

That's not a good comparison as Kanto had a pause with RS but if Hoenn was in B2W2 and remade it wouldn't have a pause plus if they want to make all of gen 5 on the DS it'll have the same graphics as it's B2W2 counterpart...also the HgSs events were for Dex purposes and the events going on now in Japan are to celebrate RS 10th anniversity (most likely cause unlike HgSs, RS remake aren't coming out in time for their anniversity so the events are a substitute.)

I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.

aperso
March 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I think they should focus on increasing Unova's size (
and it's story. Unova needs more of it's own land that can be exporable.

I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?

March 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
^ Yes they should definitely put more dive areas...this time they should add seaweed where we can find Pokemon like in RSE. Also they should put more water...to me it felt even more lacking in water than even Sinnoh was, at least add one major water route (and make it so that the Super rod is obtained earlier.)
I'll also like it if we could explore the large two mountains in Unova more...

Volcanix769
March 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
They should possibly do this in Hoenn or so, because that many fans wanted a Ruby and Sapphire remake, so that N might arrive to Hoenn. Or that they might continue in Unova, at a new exciting place or so.

G.U.Y.
March 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
I completely agree with you there. Black and White was too small for a region in my opinion. So there does need to be more areas to explore. Maybe more dive places perhaps?

How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)

I do think that they will take advantage of the fact that Unova is far away and connected to a larger peice of land. I think we might see a Johto-like expansion on Unova without new Pokemon, and they will call it East Unova or some crap like that.

Or Hoenn. I'd like Hoenn.

Cazzef
March 3rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think any other regions are going to play a part in this game, I hope we travel to an 'unexplored' area of Unova or travel through islands like in FR/LG. I hope its the latter though.

Blue
March 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
I think it's most likely going to be a new region, these games are unpredictable and to see a fresh, new area would be great.

March 3rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
^ I agree, we need something new added into these games to make them different.
Also for all we know N could've gone to Kanto, Johto, or Sinnoh (and the first won always seems to appear each gen...plus it'll tie the series back to where it began, Kanto 4+ years into the future.
I think the new area will likely be Northern Unova rather than Eastern Unova, but the east could work seeing how it's Kyurem's side of Unova (West is Reshiram/Zekrom).

Jak
March 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
I hope to God that Hoenn isn't included in this. For one, it's probably too far away from Unova, and for two, I'd rather Hoenn get full attention and have RS remakes. But anyway, I don't doubt that there will be a new place, or places, added in B2W2. Maybe something Sevii Islands-esque? But saying that makes me think of FRLG, which in turn makes me shudder. Brrr.

J_BiGGiE
March 3rd, 2012, 10:08 PM
How exactly is Unova small? It has 18 routes but it has tons of other areas, such as caves, mountains, towers, forests, etc. It's actually a little bigger than Kanto and Johto (separately.)

True. But those routes seemed to me in many places awfully short. For instance route 12, between Village Bridge and Lacunosa Town takes, on bike, maybe three seconds to traverse. And that is a separate route in it's own right. The same goes for all of the eastern main-land routes. I agree that Unova is larger than it appears, but it does give the illusion of being smaller.

That being said Hoenn will definitely be in B2/W2! (sorry couldn't resist a troll)

Mr. Magius
March 3rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, Dive! It would be really neat if Dive could be put into the game, since it would easily hint at the R/S/E remakes, and would give a great way to add more explorable areas into Unova. Unova was so large, but the massive size seemed underused, even if a lot of it was used.

Joshawott
March 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I really hope we get to dive more in Black and White 2, but at the same time I hope Game Freak doesn't overdue it with the amount of water routes, because for me, that's what makes the third generation games the worst.

Simmy93
March 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
I personally think they'll just throw in a battle frontier, a few routes, maybe a town, flesh out the giant chasm to fit with the new story. Add a bit of story post-B/W and that'll be about it. The fact that there will be two doesn't change the fact it'll be a standard '3rd' game. That's my thinking anyway..

Oh, and those who think they'd pass up the chance to repackage and resell Hoenn are being silly, at the end of the day Nintendo are not doing well and they will not pass up a chance to flesh out and remake what they know will sell.

potent445
March 4th, 2012, 02:43 AM
I really hope Hoen in this game and can see it happening unfortunatly It will be unlikly as Hoen is far away from Unova. They would have to tie it in with N and Skyla's plane to make sense. As for adding new areas such as an eastern Unove type thing I dont think they can if they want it to be accessable with BW. I was talking to one my friends and he said something about BW not having the Data for new cities. For example just say theres an eastern Unova and a city in there called Yellow Town (original I know). If you caught a pokemon from there and transfered it to BW what would it say in the met tab, ???? most likely. Buts that just what I was told and could be completly wrong.

Thats why I can see them doing Hoen or another region and i dont believe that adding Hoen will kill the remakes, i know for one ill buy them even if Hoen is in BW2. The sevii islands is very possible as well since BW would have the data. Anyway thats just my 5 cents worth and it will probably be set in Unova 5 years from the event. As long as they have a good battle frontier and move tutors ill be happy.

KingCyndaquil
March 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
There was a lot of construction going on in Unnova, that's how i kinda figured a sequel, and i was right :D

back to my point, if another region isn't in the games, i think they would open up these areas

for example, there was an unexplored cave by the cold storage (I believe) and the desert path

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Eh, I never saw the appeal of using Dive. Logically speaking, it would be impossible to breathe and your clothes would be soaked for hours after you got out, unless you magically put on scuba gear before you use the move. Not to mention that hypothermia would set in and possibly kill you off. But then again, when have the Pokemon games ever been concerned with "logic?"

I just hope the new additions don't include copious amounts of water. The last thing I need is another Hoenn to have to surf through while completely neglecting all Pokemon weak to Water attacks. And I don't care to see a tree house "city" in Unova either.

Railgun
March 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.

Mr. Magius
March 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.Well it's pretty much a no-brainer that B2/W2 are going to take place primarily in Unova.. Game Freak, after all, are still at Generation V.

If you're going by "it's never been stated," then it also hasn't been stated that B2/W2 are fifth generation games, that we'll even get any Unova Pokémon, or even if they will be part of the main series at all. They could be spin-offs like Ranger and just feature Kyurem formes on the box art!
But seriously, that would be a nightmare to all Pokémon fans.

SnowpointQuincy
March 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs.

This is my inspiration for a great Idea.

As we travel through Unova for the second time, we expect to find a few new things along the way. The first game did not use HMs at all. What if ALL of the new areas of BW2 are right under our noses, but hidden by HM Moves. We didn't see them the first time around because we never used HMs.

Example: When you surf under Village Bridge, there would be a Dive Point added. This Dive Point goes to a tunnel, which goes to a Brand New Cave to explore and enjoy - and to met rare and exotic Pokemon!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 7th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Eh, but that would require HM slaves again (which I enjoyed not having to worry about in B/W). Now, if they introduced secret caves/buildings not in the original B/W that didn't require HM's to get access to, I wouldn't mind that. Maybe they can call it "development" or "new discoveries" that happened after the events of B/W.

I do like the idea of new areas within Unova itself... there's lots of room to add extra stuff. I'm not so keen about giving up a team slot for a slave or saddling my Pokemon with HMs that are less than adequate in combat. But, if they add a fifth "slot" for HM moves that can be used in the field but not in battle, then the whole HM thing could very well become viable again.

Alistair
March 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
The one thing that really annoyed me was Castelia City. Based on all the concept art, I thought it would be huge, but it's really not. At least in the scope of the original Black and White. A major expansion on Castelia and placing more importance on it than in B/W is the only thing I could hope for.

loucas
March 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM
the black boat takes you to union tower which you need to trade via wifi to access.

a good guess i thought of fo this is there will be a new region that consists of 3 islands one for fire, one for ice, and one for electric dont get me wrong but its a good idea^^

actually, if you have noticed, the black boat was team plasma's, they used it to get to liberty garden, on memeber was in fact guarding it so no one could enter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 8th, 2012, 02:16 AM
^ And the rest of them are awful moves; hence why we will never be free of the shackles called HM's. The decent moves keep the HMs from being relegated to a minor role, while the bad moves keep holding the Pokemon back by not allowing them space for better moves.

Back on topic, I'd really like to see that interior part of Unova developed into something besides the bizarre Entralink. Having that big gaping hole that most of the cities surround is just... weird. Maybe make it into a sort of "Inner Unova" where super-strong trainers reside.

Railgun
March 8th, 2012, 05:37 AM
There was some construction in Unova so maybe they are new bridges or tunnles going to a new area.

yusolaifdfer
March 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/428078_131710200289240_100003507819799_126986_625940187_n.jpg

Gotta say though, I do still like what they have done with both boxes here. ~ The White 2 looks better than it did in the scan.

The 2 in Black's Box art is Blue(Sapphire) and in white is Red(Ruby)
Well .. i might not be surprised if there would be return to hoenn :)

Keyaki
March 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
The 2 in Black's Box art is Blue(Sapphire) and in white is Red(Ruby)
Well .. i might not be surprised if there would be return to hoenn :)

Wishful thinking, but I doubt it~

yusolaifdfer
March 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM
well .. yea maybe they would make Ruby/Sapphire remakes a different game like they did to every other .... can't say

Keyaki
March 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
well .. yea maybe they would make Ruby/Sapphire remakes a different game like they did to every other .... can't say

Probably, seeing as Hoenn and Unova are completely different and who knows how far away Unova is from Hoenn~

yusolaifdfer
March 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
well , now the 2 makes me think about Zekrom and Reshiram 's Signature moves ,that is , Fusion Bolt (BLUE) and Fusion Flare (RED) ... makes sense now

Keyaki
March 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
well , now the 2 makes me think about Zekrom and Reshiram 's Signature moves ,that is , Fusion Bolt (BLUE) and Fusion Flare (RED) ... makes sense now

...I doubt Kanto will make an appearance either~

yusolaifdfer
March 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
...I doubt Kanto will make an appearance either~

LOL , by RED and BLUE i meant the color of '2' not 'Pokemon RED/BLUE'

SolarAbusoru
March 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I think people are looking too far into the colours of the number 2's, they're simply the type colours of the dragons kyurem is copying, Red for fire type, blue for electric type (remember, zekrom produces blue electricity, which is actually the proper colour of the stuff).

Iceman3317
March 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Unova had a lot of un used land in on the map. I think we can see more islands that we can go to. However I do not think we will be going to another region. That would branch off to much into Gen 6. New islands yes. New region or old region. No. But if there is an old region we go to,I hope it is Hoenn.

Trask3000
March 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I think in this version you can gain the ability to go to Kanto. There are too many good reasons not to. First Skyla says she goes between the regions specifically Kanto and she says at the epilouge when you go back to her gym she would like to fly with you and she would take you somewhere. Two there is an unused OST in both games where it is labled Kanto Champion theme maybe you can battle Gary or Red from Kanto?

rocky505
March 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I think in this version you can gain the ability to go to Kanto. There are too many good reasons not to. First Skyla says she goes between the regions specifically Kanto and she says at the epilouge when you go back to her gym she would like to fly with you and she would take you somewhere. Two there is an unused OST in both games where it is labled Kanto Champion theme maybe you can battle Gary or Red from Kanto? Yeah Skyla could do that. If it wasn't a freaking CARGO plane. That soundtrack isn't unused it is used at VGC.

kelario27
March 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
To quote Bulbanews, Nintendo has promised that B2/W2 is going to be an "all new adventure." I think that this means that there will be a region other than Unova and they will cut Unova and the rest of the regions out of the game entirely.

Mew~
March 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM
An all new adventure doesn't mean no Unova. It could still easily take place in Unova. Just with a new storyline, characters etc...

Iceman3317
March 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
What about a safarie zone? And I never thought of new islands like they did in Firered and leafgreen. I really hope there is a Safarie zone in Unova in Black/White 2. That pokemon types change with season,but mostly stay the same.

But why would there be 2 regions in 1 generation? Unless it is an older region. And why would we go back to Kanto if Kanto was just re realesed in HG and SS. Hoenn seems the best region. It is too early for the others. And I do not know if they can get all 5 regions on 1 card for a normal DS card and they are for DS,Lite,and I

zidiane
March 20th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?

Drakes
March 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?im going back and playing SS and the original gold. While also playing BW for the first time. So i'll try my best to find hints.

wombateiro
March 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?

That's old news and doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2. Probably that scientist from Rustboro will introduce to Dream World in R/S remakes. If it'll be true, it would mean that Dream World was planned already during gen 3 development.

jordsters
March 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'll be honest... I don't think we'll travel to any other region. I'm only saying this because Platinum was Diamond & Pearl's sequel, and all that did was add some features, and stayed in Sinnoh. Who knows? They may add the ability to travel to another region, but I doubt it.

March 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I simply think they will add to more areas to Unova, or show Sinnoh again and develop what plans Ghetsis had for the orbs.

Also simply cause the crystals are red and blue doesn't mean Hoenn will appear...thats like those people who say that because the pokeball design in HgSs is Green that it will be Emerald that is remade...

PKMNDex
March 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
I think that there's going to be a small expansion.

Drakes
March 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM
Their is a person who came from Hoenn that is in the desert region buy the cave with pokemon statues out front.

J_BiGGiE
March 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Their is a person who came from Hoenn that is in the desert region buy the cave with pokemon statues out front.

Coincidence. Just like there being Moo Moo Milk that's purchasable, Rage Candy Bars, Old Gateau, and Lava Cookies. Also in the same way that Jasmine appeared in D/P or Looker in Platinum as well as B/W or for that matter of fact anyone of any minute significance references another region foreign to the game being played.

All it shows is that the Pokémon world is a connected world.

Just go talk to the fat guy in any given starting town. He'll tell you all about the changing world, it's evolving technology, and information connections. (Really, in every generation... as if we weren't aware by now)

Drakes
March 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Coincidence. Just like there being Moo Moo Milk that's purchasable, Rage Candy Bars, Old Gateau, and Lava Cookies. Also in the same way that Jasmine appeared in D/P or Looker in Platinum as well as B/W or for that matter of fact anyone of any minute significance references another region foreign to the game being played.

All it shows is that the Pokémon world is a connected world.

Just go talk to the fat guy in any given starting town. He'll tell you all about the changing world, it's evolving technology, and information connections. (Really, in every generation... as if we weren't aware by now)Okay yea it may be, but is any other region mentioned in the game? Just asking. I dont want to come across as a smart a**

Kenshin5
March 22nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Been awhile since I have played but I pretty sure there was mention of Team Galactic and Rocket, since the guy in the Icirrus Moor was a former member. So there is definitely interrelatedness from multiple fronts. Which doesn't really have me lean to one region over the other that will be visited. As for the Hoenn discussion, I myself if I was calling the shots at Gamefreak wouldn't go through with that as a second region for this game, from the stand point that they probably don't need to release two games centered around Hoenn in a year/two year span from each other. I'd rather see an expansion of the Unova region and how it has developed, as opposed to seeing another region or one we have already visited in past games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 22nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
If Hoenn ends up in B2/W2, I'm not buying it. I'm already not buying any R/S remakes because the region is a chore to traverse, and having it forced upon B2/W2 players would be unfair. And I'd much rather see more urban development and sprawl in the Castelia vicinity anyway (i.e., Route 4).

As for references to other regions, a Grunt in N's Castle says that Team Rocket and Team Galactic were foiled because they revealed their plans to the public, or something to that effect. And of course you had Cynthia.

MrGriszell
March 23rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

wombateiro
March 23rd, 2012, 07:11 AM
let's say the far away region N went to was Hoenn, now if you played white your Pokemon was Zekrom and N had reshiram , but now if you get white 2 white kyurem is one the cover. And it was stated the kyurem changes form by absorbing the dragons genes, so if N Is in Hoenn and he doesn't return to unova, and they way kyurem changes form is by absorbing genes wouldn't kyurem have to go to Hoenn? And if you want to catch it wouldnt you have to go to Hoenn ?

Let say that again - Even if N really went to Hoenn how would Kyurem know where is he? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram just like he released every caught Pokemon during B/W, and let it go back to Unova to play role in B2/W2. Hoenn is not really needed in B2/W2.

MrGriszell
March 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Let say that again - Even if N really went to Hoenn how would Kyurem know where is he? I think N will release his Zekrom/Reshiram just like he released every caught Pokemon during B/W, and let it go back to Unova to play role in B2/W2. Hoenn is not really needed in B2/W2.

I think Ive found my agent smith of the matrix that is pokecomunity lol .

It's true that he releasesd all of his previouse Pokemon , but reshiram is different it befriended N . I N wouldn't send a Pokemon away if it wanted to stay with him.

Toshiro.
March 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Doubt it, and honestly I am tired of this speculation. Why would they put another region in the game? Hoenn? No, most likely that will be saved for the R/S/E remakes. I think B/W 2 will just have Unova, as it should.

MrGriszell
March 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Doubt it, and honestly I am tired of this speculation. Why would they put another region in the game? Hoenn? No, most likely that will be saved for the R/S/E remakes. I think B/W 2 will just have Unova, as it should.

Why would they make a sequel to B/W instead of making the usual 3rd game and using part of the plot of B/W 2 in gen 6?
The answer is simple because they can.

wombateiro
March 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I thought that even if N traveled to Hoenn it doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2 because timetable (not release order) for gen 5 storylines could be planned like this: 1) B/W, 2) R/S remakes, 3) B2/W2. It means that in B2/W2 N would return from Hoenn, while in R/S remakes which storyline would take place earlier than B2/W2, he would be cameo character and have Zekrom in Ruby remake or Reshiram in Sapphire remake.

Having timetable like this would also mean that in B2/W2 there might be some rumors about events from Hoenn storyline which were missing in B/W.

Joshawott
March 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I thought that even if N traveled to Hoenn it doesn't have to mean Hoenn will be in B2/W2 because timetable (not release order) for gen 5 storylines could be planned like this: 1) B/W, 2) R/S remakes, 3) B2/W2. It means that in B2/W2 N would return from Hoenn, while in R/S remakes which storyline would take place earlier than B2/W2, he would be cameo character and have Zekrom in Ruby remake or Reshiram in Sapphire remake.

Having timetable like this would also mean that in B2/W2 there might be some rumors about events from Hoenn storyline which were missing in B/W.

I highly doubt that. Having sequel elements to Black and White in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire would likely disappoint a lot of people and many would be left skeptical. I think Black and White 2 will be direct sequels... like, right after N went into the portal.

MrGriszell
March 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I highly doubt that. Having sequel elements to Black and White in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire would likely disappoint a lot of people and many would be left skeptical. I think Black and White 2 will be direct sequels... like, right after N went into the portal.

N went into a portal? I've always thought that he took of on his Pokemon at super speed

Joshawott
March 24th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I guess I just misinterpreted it as a portal. Regardless, N flies away.

March 24th, 2012, 07:54 PM
If B2W2 had Hoenn in it it'll be three+ years from it's RSE storyline (proof is that in Platinum a girl in the battle tower mentioned a similar tower in her home region and in Emerald it was being built (pre game) and opened (post game) and Platinum took place before BW)
Either way they should stick to Unova, and expand on it's size and storyline, I feel that if they added Hoenn(or even Kanto,or Sinnoh in that regard)it'll take away from it's role in the story.

MrGriszell
March 25th, 2012, 05:36 AM
If B2W2 had Hoenn in it it'll be three+ years from it's RSE storyline (proof is that in Platinum a girl in the battle tower mentioned a similar tower in her home region and in Emerald it was being built (pre game) and opened (post game) and Platinum took place before BW)
Either way they should stick to Unova, and expand on it's size and storyline, I feel that if they added Hoenn(or even Kanto,or Sinnoh in that regard)it'll take away from it's role in the story.

I do see your point , but think about this , the girl mentions the battle tower( or one like it) in HG/SS and we know B/W takes place after that. But in B/W we hear no mention of team A/M but we hear about the other teams. Now one could that's because it didn't happen yet, or they just didn't mentioned it, but if we say the latter could one also say the girl talking about the tower could mean a different one we've never seen?

Because if she mentioned the tower that was built after E story line but many years later teams A/M hasent even did what they did yet isn't that some temporal anomaly ? Lol

They kinda already messed up the Pokemon timeline, that's why if Hoenn is in B/W2 we can see hoenn many years later, so it could be like a R/S sequel as well sorta

wombateiro
March 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM

Maybe I missed something but where does it say that Hoenn's Battle Tower was built EXACTLY during Emerald storyline? I don't remember anything proving that.

If there is no proof for that, it's still possible that R/S/E events take place at similar time as B/W and B2/W2, because of that lack of rumors about Aqua/Magma in B/W. That girl in Platinum could be talking about Hoenn's Battle Tower because it was built before R/S/E storyline. That leads to conclusion that Hoenn shouldn't appear in B2/W2 because R/S remakes with original R/S/E storyline will be story-wise connected to B/W and/or B2/W2 because they all take place at similar time.

Kenshin5
March 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Well as long as we have little info this kind of speculation is going to be in place that's why its called speculation. We thought most likely it would just be another 3rd installment and no different the prior ones, but yet it is a sequel with two games. So I don't see anything out of the realm of possibility.

I agree with the storyline and staying within the region as well as expanding and doing more within the already region BW is akin to. Depends at what point in the game they decide to have the player go to another region, because I don't see the starting point being in another region. Having it in Hoenn period would seem to take away from possible RS Remake, since you have already visited the region not to long ago in BW2 hypothetically.

Xander Olivieri
March 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM
@MRAS

She MAY have been talking about the Johto Battle Tower as in Crystal, when you first pass by its closed for building and after you beat the E4 its open.

There is ALSO a bulding in Emerald just after Mauvile(?) (By the Winstrates' house) that is being built Pre Game and is open Post Game. I completely forget what that building is though.

@Wombat
R/S/E is in the same story line as R/B/Y/FR/LG

In R/S/E Lanette makes references to Bill and updating his systems. In FR/LG Bill and his Friend from the Sevii Islands are working on connecting their system with Lanette's System in Hoen, a procedure that cannot happen from just one side. They worked together to open a link between Kanto and Hoen.

There were no references to them in B/W which is years after because other than 2 instances, Aqua/Magma were secretive and Behind the scenes, they also gave up at the critical point instead of pursuing their plans which keeps the secret buried under and known just to the Hero and the Teams themselves. Plus Wallace/Juan. I don't believe anyone else was involved....Oh right the couple from Mount Pyre.

As far as the citizens of Hoen know, Kyogre and Groudon simply awoke and their appearance threw things out of whack.

Rocket and Galactic were both well known through their regions, even varios NPCs that weren't part of the main story line would mention them.

When you think of Involvement,
Team Rocket were know thieves and thugs.
Aqua/Magma weren't really known. The people in Lavaridge most likely didn't even know someone was about to kill/blow up their volcano.
Galactic, thugs that stole and harassed the populace at times. Not to mention they blew up a lake.

The only times I recall Aqua/Magma making a huge statement was when they stole the submarine.

wombateiro
March 25th, 2012, 10:16 PM
@MRAS

She MAY have been talking about the Johto Battle Tower as in Crystal, when you first pass by its closed for building and after you beat the E4 its open.

She says something like this: "I used to live in place called Hoenn. Building like this was also there". So it's clearly about Hoenn's Battle Tower/Frontier.

@Wombat
R/S/E is in the same story line as R/B/Y/FR/LG

In R/S/E Lanette makes references to Bill and updating his systems. In FR/LG Bill and his Friend from the Sevii Islands are working on connecting their system with Lanette's System in Hoen, a procedure that cannot happen from just one side. They worked together to open a link between Kanto and Hoen.

There were no references to them in B/W which is years after because other than 2 instances, Aqua/Magma were secretive and Behind the scenes, they also gave up at the critical point instead of pursuing their plans which keeps the secret buried under and known just to the Hero and the Teams themselves. Plus Wallace/Juan. I don't believe anyone else was involved....Oh right the couple from Mount Pyre.

As far as the citizens of Hoen know, Kyogre and Groudon simply awoke and their appearance threw things out of whack.

Rocket and Galactic were both well known through their regions, even varios NPCs that weren't part of the main story line would mention them.

When you think of Involvement,
Team Rocket were know thieves and thugs.
Aqua/Magma weren't really known. The people in Lavaridge most likely didn't even know someone was about to kill/blow up their volcano.
Galactic, thugs that stole and harassed the populace at times. Not to mention they blew up a lake.

The only times I recall Aqua/Magma making a huge statement was when they stole the submarine.

Lanette could be working before R/S/E storyline as well as Bill, so it's not proof that R/S/E storyline isn't in B/W timeline.

Aqua/Magma are widely known by people as much as Rocket and Galactic. They stole Devon Goods, attacked Oceanic Museum, Weather Institute, Space Center. All of that was done in presence of public. More of that, owner of motel in Lilycove says that people are scared to stay here because of Aqua/Magma staying in the city.

Lack of rumors about Aqua/Magma in B/W, after all bad things they did to public in R/S/E is indicating that R/S/E storyline hasn't happened yet in B/W.

Oryx
March 25th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Lanette could be working before R/S/E storyline as well as Bill, so it's not proof that R/S/E storyline isn't in B/W timeline.

R/S/E aren't in B/W timeline, because B/W happens after Platinum and Platinum happens after R/S/E/FR/LG. It's not possible for those two to be together.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world#Timeline

wombateiro
March 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM
R/S/E aren't in B/W timeline, because B/W happens after Platinum and Platinum happens after R/S/E/FR/LG. It's not possible for those two to be together.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pok%C3%A9mon_world#Timeline

Bulbapedia always bases on current evidence, that's why it claims at this moment that 1 gen and 3 gen happen at the same time even though there is still nothing definitely confirming that. Their only "evidence" is that both 1 gen remakes and 3 gen are available in the same gen.
I'm sure that when R/S remakes will be released with some story references to B/W told by NPCs or maybe even B/W characters, they will edit that page, saying that gen 3 and 5 happen at the same time. It's like researching real History, some incorrect things considered as facts are being corrected by new researches. In this case, new researches must be understood as new games.

I speculate that after end of 5 gen all games timetable will be looking like this:

1) 1 gen - first because Master Ball is new invention in those games' storyline and in all later games it's already known thing.

2) 2 gen and 4 gen - can't say which of these two is first but they both are definitely after 1 gen because of Master Ball and before 3 and 5 gen because of rumors in B/W about Teams Rocket and Galactic being beaten.

3) 3 gen and 5 gen - last because we already know that 5 gen is last and imo linked to 3 gen because I think both Unova and Hoenn scientists are in charge of creating Dream World machine. I think in R/S remakes Devon's scientists will create that dream reading machine they are working on in R/S/E with help of Unova scientists and it should be the same thing we know from B/W (purpose of connecting R/S remakes to Dream World).

Xander Olivieri
March 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
According to the Pokemon Storage systems and a Letter sent to Lanette in the Japanese Games, Bill and Lanette were Co-Developers of the Storage System and the events of FR/LG's linking of Kanto to Hoenn was the predecessor to creating the Global Trade System.

Since GTS exists in Gens 2 (remakes) and 4 and not 1 and 3 although it was made in 1 and 3 (remakes).

Bill also updates Lanette's PC design with more features in FR/LG so Lanette's PC existed at the same time near the End story of FR/LG, and Bills Update is also added into Emerald putting Emerald at the same time as FR/LG as the update was made by Bill after Lanette "Edited" his system for her own region use.

So Lanette couldn't have edited 3+ years after if the storyline was flush with B/W if Bill took her edits and added to them right after.

As for Devon Corp's Dream Machine, its an odd coincidence just like the Girl in Red/Blue that describes Munna. If it means anything at all, then its the developers of the game went backwards to look for some ideas to recycle.

If you remember there was a scientist in Devon currently working on a way to revive Pokemon Fossils as well, it was their only working machine. Bulbapedia has that Devon Corp. was also the ones to Develop the system for Reviving Fossils, this later spread out to other regions (this could mean that Events of R/S/E can be before R/B/Y/G/FR/LG)

Now if you compare all the systems in Development:

Dream "VIEWING" Machine, a device made to simple View a Pokemon's Dream, (Munna's special ability after eating a dream, Darkrai also had a similar ability thanks to his Nightmare in the Movie when they were transfered to a different space)

While it is not the same as what Devon Corp envisioned, it is more than what they hinted at. Dream World (Dream Power in the Anime) has the ability to create Items/Pokemon encountered in the dreams (TR used the info from the Dream Yard after learning about Dream Energy to make a bomb that nearly destroys Castella).

The Second was the Pokemon Transformer: This is most likely a reference to Bill's faux pas with his teleporter when he and a Pokemon were crossed and Bill became a Pokemon. Its even designed much like Bill's Teleporter.

Third is the only one with no actual reference Game or Anime wise, the Pokemon Translator used to translate what a Pokemon says.

MrGriszell
March 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
So if that's the case I just rather see Hoenn in B/W 2 then having a R/S remake. One of the reasons I loved HG/Ss was that it showed how it was the same Time period as Pt.
I don't want to play a remake that's set in the pass.
Of course game freak can just make R/S the same time as BW, with really the storage system being the biggest thing that throws it out of wack who cares,
And it is a remake , instead of just the game they could remake the history

crystalzapdos
March 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM
So if that's the case I just rather see Hoenn in B/W 2 then having a R/S remake. One of the reasons I loved HG/Ss was that it showed how it was the same Time period as Pt.
I don't want to play a remake that's set in the pass.
Of course game freak can just make R/S the same time as BW, with really the storage system being the biggest thing that throws it out of wack who cares,
And it is a remake , instead of just the game they could remake the history

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2012/03/denied-hoenn-region-in-b2w2.html

We won't be going to Hoenn. I didn't even need this link to prove anything because it should seem fairly obvious that we wouldn't be going to Hoenn because it would be a stupid marketing technique, but for some people common sense isn't enough proof.

Anyways, I can see a Sevii Islands type sub-region but probably not a full fledged region.

MrGriszell
March 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM
http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2012/03/denied-hoenn-region-in-b2w2.html

We won't be going to Hoenn. I didn't even need this link to prove anything because it should seem fairly obvious that we wouldn't be going to Hoenn because it would be a stupid marketing technique, but for some people common sense isn't enough proof.

Anyways, I can see a Sevii Islands type sub-region but probably not a full fledged region.

Lol way to sound like a tool

People thought it was common sense that the third game would be called grey , but if the link you posted is legit then it's said and done.

MrGriszell
March 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to prove that Unova and Hoenn storylines happen at the same time but it looks like many people will never believe that anyway because of current lack of official proofs. But look at it this way - it would be against common sense to make R/S remakes storyline unrelated to Unova storyline, because they all should be in the same gen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that 3 gen storyline before FR/LG release was considered to be after gen 1 and 2. Point of view at games' timeline changed after some references to Hoenn in FR/LG. So it looks like that point of view will change again after some references to Unova in R/S remakes.

It's the same like people were saying that B/W "third version" will be for 3DS and didn't believe in theory that it should be still for DS. That was obviously against common sense because it's nonsense to make B/W "third version" for completely different system after all that work to make B/W for DS. Now I see that the only way to convince people to believe in common sense theories is official announcement.

Bill obviously had to make some references to Lanette's system to technically link FR/LG with R/S/E. It doesn't mean that it happened during R/S/E storyline because Lanette was working before R/S/E storyline.

Are you seriously saying that a little game design modification introduced in FR/LG and transfered to Emerald has something to do with R/S/E storyline? To be honest, it has nothing to do with R/S/E storyline.

As for Devon's researches:

So it looks like Devon's fossil reviving machine wasn't original one. In fact it's unknown which one is original because they all has been developed independently. Scientist in FR/LG says that it's "his machine", so he built it himself.

It looks like in R/S remakes Devon will make Dream World machine with help of Unova scientists, making a proof that both Unova and Hoenn are last in all games' timeline because Dream World is high-tech device which will be available only in those regions.

I completely agree with you on this, there gonna take place in the same timeline.

March 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Okay...so about this new region, I've been thinking that since Kyurem's half of Unova (in BW) is the Western half they could show the rest of the island that Nuvema, Lacunosa, ect. are on. They could also show more of Anville town's surroundings, as I was playing Bw it looked like you could explore the area (only the train is blocking it) they could have the player journey around there and acess routes that were previously blocked.

Xander Olivieri
March 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm trying to prove that Unova and Hoenn storylines happen at the same time but it looks like many people will never believe that anyway because of current lack of official proofs. But look at it this way - it would be against common sense to make R/S remakes storyline unrelated to Unova storyline, because they all should be in the same gen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that 3 gen storyline before FR/LG release was considered to be after gen 1 and 2. Point of view at games' timeline changed after some references to Hoenn in FR/LG. So it looks like that point of view will change again after some references to Unova in R/S remakes.

It's the same like people were saying that B/W "third version" will be for 3DS and didn't believe in theory that it should be still for DS. That was obviously against common sense because it's nonsense to make B/W "third version" for completely different system after all that work to make B/W for DS. Now I see that the only way to convince people to believe in common sense theories is official announcement.

Bill obviously had to make some references to Lanette's system to technically link FR/LG with R/S/E. It doesn't mean that it happened during R/S/E storyline because Lanette was working before R/S/E storyline.

Are you seriously saying that a little game design modification introduced in FR/LG and transfered to Emerald has something to do with R/S/E storyline? To be honest, it has nothing to do with R/S/E storyline.

As for Devon's researches:

So it looks like Devon's fossil reviving machine wasn't original one. In fact it's unknown which one is original because they all has been developed independently. Scientist in FR/LG says that it's "his machine", so he built it himself.

It looks like in R/S remakes Devon will make Dream World machine with help of Unova scientists, making a proof that both Unova and Hoenn are last in all games' timeline because Dream World is high-tech device which will be available only in those regions.

Honestly you cannot prove or disprove any relation between regions other than Kanto and Johto's stories because those are the only two with defined time lines.

For the Upgrade feature, I honestly can't remember if you keep normal features until Bill upgrades it later in the story or not, and depending on if so, then that does put the mechanic's creation as part of the physical story.

As for WHEN they created it, you cannot put an actual time on when the system was made. Even if it was made before the game, Lanette AND Bill created the PC system itself, not just individual systems. Lanette made her's more user friendly. Canonly, both were created around the same time by the same two people.

As for Common Sense, that only ever applies to something generally accepted by society as a whole. Crossing a busy street, common sense you'd get hit by a car. Common sense does not apply when extreme outside factors are added, Take someone from the remote parts of Africa where no technology exists and throw them into Japan, watch hilarity ensue. The person will do everything wrong if not kill many people thanks to the example chosen.

A less extreme example, Rich vs Poor, there are things a Rich person will be expected to know that poor people don't. Something commonly used in rags to riches movies, the poorer person lacks the common sense of a rich person.

Common sense cannot be applied to this discussion due to exteme factors such as Generation separation, Game Creation, General story confliction, and other things. No one would have ever said Gen 3 games were at the same time as Gen 1 if the Gen 1 wasn't remade for GBA and Gen 2 remade and referenced with time matches with Gen 4.

Though after looking at Steven's Bulbapedia page, he references Losing to Brendan/May when talking to your character outside of the Pokemon Fan Club when he is searching for the Latis'. There is a non-offical time placement depending on if you think he is really talking about Brendan/May.

An addition or expansion to Unova's region would be welcomed by myself though. I kinda want to see a new area open up where, as Cynthia says, all the current Champions meet and give you a chance to battle them.

/until the game info is out, even i am not rulling out the possibility of another older region being added on. We've been trolled and mislead before.

drarixio
March 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I'm too lazy to join an argument so I'll just put this up:

I'd love to travel to a different reigon and I hope we'll be able to. "Why?"
Because oh, oh, sometimes, I get a good feeling, yeah – I get a feeling that I never never never never had before, no no I get a good feeling, yeah...

Joshawott
March 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
We're getting too much off-topic here.

No kidding.

Anyways, I think it'd be nice to see another cameo of another region like how it was possible to visit Johto in rijonAdventures. Not necessarily an entire region like in the second generation games, but even just a small section of any region would be nice.

MrGriszell
March 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I replied to this on R/S remakes thread. We're getting too much off-topic here.

Is there a page number? ( even tho you could of easily stated it again but what ever)

All I really want them to do is expand unova , if we get another place that would be cool

voicerocker
March 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Depending on how different the story is from B/W, I think we'll see some new areas around Unova. But since there's no information about the story at this point, I'm not sure what to expect. Though I don't think we'll see an entire region introduced because each generation has a region it is associated with.

wombateiro
March 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM
They could also show more of Anville town's surroundings, as I was playing Bw it looked like you could explore the area (only the train is blocking it) they could have the player journey around there and acess routes that were previously blocked.

Anville will probably give access to new sub-region because it has railways not used in B/W. Not used or blocked railways, roads, bridges, etc are very commonly used in many games to give access to new areas. It's standard in games developing. I think Anville's railways will play key role in connection with new sub-region, kinda like there is railway between Johto and Kanto.

March 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I am very sure that Anville will get expanded.

I was confused at first when they added it, because it seems like a completely unnecessary throwaway town, with absolutely no interesting features, and only usable by rail.

Then I realized, oh, duh, of course it'll get expanded in the third game. But how much, I'm not sure. Maybe they'll have a few bonus buildings there, like the Pokethlon. Maybe there will be a few routes with tougher trainers and different wild pokemon. Maybe it'll be a whole new region.

Or (pipe dream of mine) Anville will link to all the other older regions! But we all know that's not happening...

KingCyndaquil
April 9th, 2012, 11:53 AM
So now CoroCoro is teasing by asking if the game is gonna actually be in Unova at all, which opens up the doors for possibilities.

I honestly don't think that we will be seeing a brand new region, but a region that were familiar with already, or they may have you travel around to different parts or islands battling different gym leaders, I don't know really but its interesting that they would tease the region, starters and gym leaders as being different.

Turn-it
April 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'd love more regions. More room to do stuff = more gameplay!

Serene Suicune
April 18th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hey guys,

Seeing as how Game Freak has been making remakes of the previous generation, would do want them to include the Hoenn region in B2/W2 (like how it is in 2nd gen/using a ship system to travel between both regions), would you want them to make R/S remakes after a year of B2/W2 being released, or neither (end of remakes)?

Just made this topic to see people's opinions and I personally think it'd be cool if they do have Hoenn in B2/W2.

A Sadistic Bastard
April 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

Seeing as how Game Freak has been making remakes of the previous generation, would do want them to include the Hoenn region in B2/W2 (like how it is in 2nd gen/using a ship system to travel between both regions), would you want them to make R/S remakes after a year of B2/W2 being released, or neither (end of remakes)?

Just made this topic to see people's opinions and I personally think it'd be cool if they do have Hoenn in B2/W2.

I'm okay with Hoenn being in BW2 as long as we still get a remake. I want to actually play through the game again. I don't care about getting Hoenn pokemon. I actually enjoyed Hoenn's story.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'd rather not see Hoenn at all. Getting through all that water back in RSE was a horrifying torture I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But it definitely needs to stay the heck out of B2/W2. Those of us who want to play B2/W2 but don't want to suffer through Hoenn shouldn't have to choose between not buying the games at all and having to suffer through a region they don't like.

Plus tree house cities are fail.

Serene Suicune
April 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm okay with Hoenn being in BW2 as long as we still get a remake. I want to actually play through the game again. I don't care about getting Hoenn pokemon. I actually enjoyed Hoenn's story.

Hey, good to see ya. I liked Hoenn's story as well as the areas (a lot of water/underwater, tropical areas, desert, etc.) and a lot of the Pokemon/Legendary Pokemon.

I'd rather not see Hoenn at all. Getting through all that water back in RSE was a horrifying torture I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But it definitely needs to stay the heck out of B2/W2. Those of us who want to play B2/W2 but don't want to suffer through Hoenn shouldn't have to choose between not buying the games at all and having to suffer through a region they don't like.

Plus tree house cities are fail.

I didn't mind the tree house city because it was fresh/unique. I loved the idea of secret bases though.

HyperXhydra
April 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM
OMG!! I can't believe there's still people thinking that Hoenn will be in B2W2, it's already conformed that it wont!

Blue
April 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't like it to be in B2W2 then it wouldn't be entitled to R/S remakes IMO, also I don't see where it can fit in based on what we've discovered, there is no mention of Hoenn and with all these new cities and frozen over Unova I think that is where these games are going to be based around. Assuming Gen 6 is coming 2014 then there's still plenty of room for remakes whether that be at the end of this year or some time in 2013, they would make more money that way and that's how Nintendo like to play.

Oryx
April 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM

I feel the same way, not that I don't like Hoenn as much as that I just love Unova. I want to get as much as possible of Unova while I still have it.

At the same time I feel like people who like Hoenn won't want it to be an add-on to a B/W because they want it to get its own attention and its own game. So I don't feel like they would want those over R/S remakes. So it's just bad all around.

Serene Suicune
April 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
OMG!! I can't believe there's still people thinking that Hoenn will be in B2W2, it's already conformed that it wont!

Opps.. Lol, I never knew that they confirmed that it's not gonna happen, would've been cool though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I didn't mind the tree house city because it was fresh/unique. I loved the idea of secret bases though.
That's one bit of uniqueness I could do without, lol. It always seemed to me like it was an idea that was conceived while someone was intoxicated.

I can't believe the idea was entertained in the first place. Including Hoenn would be just as random as including somewhere like Colleton County, South Carolina.

I feel the same way, not that I don't like Hoenn as much as that I just love Unova. I want to get as much as possible of Unova while I still have it.

At the same time I feel like people who like Hoenn won't want it to be an add-on to a B/W because they want it to get its own attention and its own game. So I don't feel like they would want those over R/S remakes. So it's just bad all around.
I know of many people besides myself who prefer one region but not the other. Including both in one is a good way to make both sides angry.

Travelign through Hoenn was almost as bad as traveling on the New Jersey Turnpike. Almost.

Ultimo1991
April 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I would like to see Hoenn just not in B2W2 i would love to see it in possibly a newer and longer story of hoenn as a remake better graphics of course and more plot hopefully...

avolonsaber
April 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I don't think there's going to a new region, and I don't really want one. As to why I don't think we'll see Hoenn or a new region, well, there's clearly new areas/things on the map and if you look closely you can new areas under the glacier. It looks like the Abyssal Ruins have surfaced, there's a lake or something near the Pokemon League, and another area west of that.

A new region post-game also means every Trainer needs to have like level 50+ Pokemon, which would be a terrible, because if they ever used the new region(or Hoenn)again all the Pokemon would have to be leveled back down. Unless they pulled some kind of "Black/White 2 take place years after the events in this region, which is why everything is so highly leveled."

It's not like I don't wanna walk through Hoenn again, I love Hoenn, which is exactly why I don't want it shoehorned into Black/White 2 as post-game content. Hoenn deserves it's own remake(s), damnit.

RedJ
April 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.

Clacla
April 18th, 2012, 07:11 PM
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.

Kenshin5
April 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."

apahllo
April 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I'm not for regions at large really after I saw all the improvements they added to the current one, so they don't really need another region to solidify what they have going on right here. Just improve what you already got and they should be fine and that is what I believe they are doing in this instance.

As far as the previous Hoenn as a second region to Unova, I still don't understand that standpoint. Are we not going for RS remakes? Yeah I am sure that would go over well with GF "Hey lets lose money and this huge potential lucrative game. You know considering how successful our other remakes were... So yes lets just throw away free money instead of splitting the games into multiple ones."
i understand where your coming from. dividing the game up ala starcraft 2 is great market strategy but you cant just improve the tools of the game, tweak a story and call them legit new games. without the loving fan base(which i will forever be apart of and buy every game no matter what.) gamefreak would have lost the series due to no progress. blizzard, on the other hand. made a whole new type of campaign from the first sc and the expansion, so their split up is justified.

tbh, i am amazed that game freak has gotten away this time and time again. i mean the series hasn't really gotten past G/S/C. black and white was a step up but it was about time. there are a lot more areas to explore and things were really thought through ie; pokemon centers/marts(took long enough...) having the prof./champion/gym-leaders be a bigger part of the story and third person to take the third pokemon. so its good to see them finally making progress in the right direction. gts was another step forward, but it would have killed the franchise to not have it.

in the 2nd gen there was some serious progress which we didnt see any again, of the same magnitude until b/w. i mean R/S and P/D were HUGE dissapointments aside from gts and the 2 big legendaries(3 with rayquza). i mean you cant introduce a vastness in a game like the 2nd gen then release so many games after that are so small.

its about time to see some serious progression in this series. not only the vastness of it but the whole dynamic of the game. the excuse of dont change it if it aint broke wouldnt be able to fly for any other game on the planet.

April 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
As much as I would love to see Hoenn brought back in B2/W2, I find it unlikely. In Platinum, I recall people making the same hopes, just to get shot down. If Hoenn is in the new instalments, then great, and if not, I'll still be content with the other features.
I remember people saying the same during some of the HgSs speculation...
I think this game is already full enough with the new areas added, Hoenn would be quite choppy if they were to simply add it...it'll be best to give it it's own remakes to bring out it's full shine.

Cid
April 19th, 2012, 01:00 AM
It would be nice to see Hoenn again, but I'd rather have them make that region playable in the remakes. I'm thinking this way to potentially have a high-quality region for each game that is not cut-off because of a lack of space. I remember GSC having to remove Kanto's Safari Zone and Viridian Forest because of that, and I wouldn't want them to repeat this. If they ever decide to add something like FR/LG's Sevii Islands or GSC's Kanto, then they should double their efforts in making them as good as they possibly can.

And if they can't do all that, then I suggest that they simply don't. I'll still be happy without another region. The new and improved Unova will probably feel like a "more than just Unova" anyway.

BryGuy Shinigami
April 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM
At first I thought adding Hoenn would be a bright idea, but seeing you guys points on why Hoenn shouldn't be added in BW2 (and hopefully gets its own remake), I now see what y'all mean. I actually hope for a new sub-region that wasn't available in BW1 and it has a couple of towns/cities and routes and a few things to do to keep us entertained after the main game. I hope that it's accessible by Skyla's plane (plus it would be cool if they made a climatic scene of you and Skyla in the air), and maybe even have some Pokemon you couldn't catch before and a little plot in it.

Forever
April 19th, 2012, 07:58 AM
I doubt we'll go to another region, especially Hoenn, which I'm sure will get their own remakes. Although if we DO go to another region, I'd say you would go there either by boat, or by Skyla's cargo plane. I mean, I don't see why they would just throw in that runway and plane thing if they didn't plan on using it somehow.

Boat would make sense. Cause... on the left there's still hints to another area and considering the plane is only connected to the mountain from what we speculate, we could get a taste of a new region by sorta going off-side on the boat and getting somewhere new for a post-game twist. :3

Livewire_
April 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
If anything, I think we'll go to like a Battle Frontier or something, kinda like what we saw in DPPT. I really doubt we'd go to Hoenn or any former region.

giradialkia
April 19th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I'm afraid to say that I highly doubt we'll be able to go to another region in B2W2. The whole "Travel to another region" thing seems to be a strictly Tohjo thing, IMO. In FireRed/LeafGreen, I was sorta expecting to be able to go to a pre-GSC Johto, seeing as by the time they came out, we were aware that Johto existed. I was obviously wrong but we were able to go to the Sevii Islands, so there's the other 'region' we got to travel to in a Tohjo-game.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I don't think we'll be travelling anywhere else in B2W2, even though we have an airport and a huge harbour. Seeing as we know we're going to be playing through Unova from the get-go, I don't think we're going to be going to another region. Also, Unova is without doubt going to be expanded to a decent extent, so Game Freak'll probably think that's enough for us fans.

apahllo
April 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
having another region after unova doesnt mean they will change what happened in that region. it just means that you have something to do(old gyms) and more places to catch wild pokemon, instead of importing them from old games. which is a cheap excuse to have only 1 region...

Kaori
April 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.

dreamcatcher
April 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I hope we get the chance to travel to Hoen :) If not for the heck of it, to be able to obtain all of the third generation Pokés that have been unavailable through the last two gens.

apahllo
April 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
To be honest, GameFreak including older Pokémon in these games only leads for me to think that this is very unlikely to happen. They could have just escaped the regions yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one region or another has to be included in the games for this to make sense. Plus you'd think it would be leaked/hinted to already if it was true. Like maybe a silhouette in the map or even Junichi Masuda questioning something like "Could there be more than just Unova?" (lol thread title). Then again, I could be wrong and GF could just be saving the news for late. Still, I just don't see it happening.

arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...

Sodapop
April 20th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I would like to see Kanto again, hopefully you could visit all
of the regions.

Kaori
April 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
arent pigey and zubat in every game? i cant remember one with out geodude either...
Nope, Black and White changed that. Before the National Pokédex all you could get was the Pokémon in Unova.
of the regions.
PLEASE NO! :[ Tired of that region. Really, I don't want anything more than just Unova to be honest. Traveling all of the regions is just way too much, and makes the purpose of these games being a sequel at loss.

Jellicent♀
April 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Really, for them to add Hoenn or any other region would be ridiculous. Completely. It would actually make LESS sense for them to be there. I mean, the ONLY connection they have to every other region is that they have a Pokemon League, Pokemon Centers and Marts, Trainers, Pokemon. Not only that but it's be said many times that the Unova region is more than likely on a completely different continent. Why and how on Earth would Hoenn or the others be connected to it? As much as I believe there will be an R/S remake, I don't see it happening too swiftly, nor do I see Hoenn in this game. Hoenn had its own game, and so did Unova, and that's how they should stay: in.there.own.game. Putting another region in there just because "it makes sense" would be ridiculous. Pokemon have QUITE an amazing ability to travel. It only makes sense that they would be able to make it to Unova. All the way from natural migration to people who travel around the world bringing Pokemon to the Unova region.

So, no, I do not think there will be any other region in this game, and I'm quite pleased at that.

tj4bigred
April 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I think if we do get anything, it wouldn't be as grand as an entire second region. Perhaps a few islands, or some access to new towns by going through Anville Town. I bet we'll see the return of the battle frontier, though. (At least I hope so. Battle subway got boring pretty quickly)

April 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I agree, I don't expect anything more than the new areas shown and a couple of new islands, maybe some new areas of Northern Unova if we're lucky.

Forever
April 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
of the regions.

Nah that'd be an overdose. I know it means this'll be the only generation w/o Kanto, but really, I don't think B2/W2 needs it. ;; Sinnoh, defs not. Johto or Hoenn I'd be "okay" with as an extra at the end but it might make the games too longggg.

Shiny Celebi
April 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I dont think we'll get a full second region, maybe just a Sevii Islands type area or two.

apahllo
April 21st, 2012, 01:39 AM
well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.

Forever
April 21st, 2012, 02:04 AM
well the second trailer made it pretty obvious that there are going to pokemon from other generation. im hoping this means there is also another region. i know a lot of you are saying it would upset the flow of other regions and such but i think it has to be done. they cant keep releasing 1 region games. there has to be more to do in a game then 8 gyms and the elite 4. oh and catching them all.

Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely. :(

Zephele
April 21st, 2012, 02:58 AM
Indeed, just because some of the older Pokemon are present doesn't necessarily mean they'll bring in any other region. Though I do wonder if they'll have some sort of in-game explanation for that or something, like the Pokemon have migrated or whatever.

Anyway, I doubt that they'll include one of the previous regions, or an entire new one, though the introduction of a new small area of Unova a la Sevii Islands as mentioned by others sounds like a great idea. I mean, there's the airport(s?) and Castelia piers, so it would be actually kind of cool to get to use them outside of events.

apahllo
April 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Even the first trailer did :x But yeah... just because there's past generation Pokemon doesn't mean there's necessarily a new region (or past region). Besides, there could always be an extended post-game tbh which could make up for a whole new region. BUT I would be fine if they did what the previous poster suggested of the islands. :3 Anything new would be nice tbh, and if anything something small would be most likely. :(

well as some said before, unova was exclusive. but a sequel begs for more. you cant have a sequel just be another story and some cool tricks. there has to be progress and i hope nintendo starts stepping up the ante.

this game is still up in the air though. theres little known about it and that which is known is picked apart and raped by everyones opinion. im shaking in my boots in anticipation. hope it wont disappoint by only being a new story for unova...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 21st, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see any new region limited to just islands. As G/S/C/HG/SS showed, anything that involves a whole other eight badges would result in said secondary region being badly watered down to fit in with the level cap restrictions. I would like to see some new territory to explore though, that's not a full blown region (something Sevii-sized would be ideal), and I'm hoping that can somehow be linked to some sort of criminal element being operated in that area.

XDX
April 22nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
has anyone noticed, that the BW2 image of the player outside a beach hut with the gym leader looks like a revamped Pacifildlog Town? and the one on a beach with the rival and the gym leader coming off of what looks like a boat, looks like Dewford Town. just saying but you never know, maybe you can go to Hoenn????

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Maybe it could be something modeled after Hoenn. Keep in mind that these games are 2 years later, and just because it looks like Hoenn locations doesn't mean that they necessarily are in Hoenn. Perhaps the designer of that location just liked how Hoenn looks or could've expanded upon Route 17/18.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Stuff based on Hoenn is something that needs to be saved for Hoenn, IMO. I'm not playing a Unova-based game just to be forced to explore something that resembles my least favorite region.

Sector
April 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Honestly? I'm getting that gut feeling of having those extra islands, like with what FireRed & LeafGreen had. Those extra side quests sure are fun.

But if they were ever going to have any modeled base region, they should focus on Hoenn for the remakes, whenever they decide to do those. We're at Unova and should be focusing on Unova alone. I mean, we could perhaps get an event here and there to visit a region where that specific Pokemon (Legendary) could be touring. Like how that Arceus event took place in Sinnoh in HeartGold/SoulSilver to give birth to that Dragon Trio. Otherwise, all must remain in Unova!

bwburke94
April 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
THE SINJOH RUINS ARE NOT IN SINNOH. Now that that's been cleared up...

Putting Hoenn into B2/W2 would upset the fanbase that wants R/S remakes. We know there has to be some use for the Shoal Cave items that were inexplicably in B/W, but I don't see this being it.

voicerocker
April 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
We do know that Unova itself has grown since the B/W, so that may be all we get. Though, there are probably new areas spread across the entire region now with some of the older ones absent.

But, I don't think we'll get another region, or probably even a sub-region. To be honest, I kinda hope we don't. FR/LG got the sub-region, G/S/C and HG/SS got a whole region. As long as there are decent amount of new areas in Unova, there isn't a need for somewhere else to go.

P0kelegend
April 27th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Someone else on another forum picked up on this...

The official website has announced the release of B2W2 walkthrough guides (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/04/120427_g01.html?a001=news) in June and July. The interesting part is that there will be two separate adventure guides released by the same company (Media Factory), which is unusual. Like in most cases, Media Factory released a single guide (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/book/b101015_04.html) for Black and White. Have they ever released two guides for a single pair of games before? Yes, for HGSS; the first guide (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/book/b090911_01.html) was about Johto and the second one (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/goods/book/b091016_01.html) covered Kanto.

That's VERY interesting IMO and I think is quite a hint to B2W2 having another large area off the current Unova map.

Forever
April 27th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).

Xander Olivieri
April 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hmmm... well, B/W did release the two part guides, actually. One had the walkthrough and one had the full pokedex, but as mentioned if it's walkthrough guides specifically, hmmm makes other regions/expanded region seem a little more plausible.

Black and White's Guides were Volume 1 Main Story up to Elite 4. Second Guide was Pokedex for Unova Pokemon and After Story Guide where it told you how to catch the extra legends Kyurem and Landorous, where to find the the Six Sages for the other TMs, and a bit on Abyssal Ruins. I wanna say since D/P they have always had 2 guides, one for the main story and the other for after story info.

IIRC, for D/P, the first guide covered up to the Elite Four, while the second did postgame things and the full Pokedex. So, there's likely to be at least as much post-game content as there was in D/P (which IMO is still better than B/W).

There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
There has never been a lot of Post Game content on any of the games outside of the thirds and Remakes. First Games, once you beat the E4 that was pretty much it. All you had left to do was catch a few Legends.

Thirds and Remakes, once you beat the E4 you have Battle Frontier. Neither of which is more than maybe 5-7 hours of serious play. Pokemon games have always lacked in the post game aspect. I don't expect any change to this.
Well, that probably explains why they were able to combine post game content and the full Pokedex and still keep the thing at a reasonable (i.e., not phonebook sized). I think maybe there were four or five routes and a Battle Tower post game in D/P?

Somehow though, it felt like more was going on in D/P than in B/W. Might have just been me *shrugs*

In any event, some sort of criminal element post-game would be appreciated, something besides what amounted to a scavenger hunt in B/W, at the very least. Doesn't even have to be connected to the "main" evil team. Who says rogue gangs aren't running around?

P0kelegend
April 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.

In this case, Media Factory will release two books that are called an adventure guide, meaning that both books will be focused on a walkthrough of the journey (before and after the League, most likely). They only released one such book for Black and White and any game bar HGSS which had one book in Johto and one on Kanto.

Xander Olivieri
April 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
It's different than the typical 2nd 'Pokedex' guide that other games have. Those were Pokedex guides which focused on the little bit of post-game too, but this one is part 2 of the adventure guide which means its a continuation meaning there must be LOTS to cover in the game. I think its plausible that one book will focus on one region, and the second book will focus on another. Although it could just be a case of the game having LOTS and LOTS of content in Unova so it needs two books to cover it. Either way, it seems to be an indicator that the game will have lots of content which is good.

Its not even out yet, so you can't guarantee that it is different.

The Second B/W Strategy guide has 352 pages, 177 of which are on post game information and information on the various things Black and White offers.

There may not be anything more than in Black and White as we have no information other than a two/three revealed/hinted new cities, 2 revealed new Gym Leaders and a new Researcher as a Key Character.

One new Building for out of story gameplay with the Cinema Building. As for story it's probably no longer than any other Pokemon game. Only thing I see the Second book really having is the updated Pokedex book to detail all the Gen 5 Changes to all 649 Pokemon's move pools.

First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.

The second book got HG/SS was 151 pages of extra story info (Kanto) 34ish of that is actually the battle primer dunno if you count that, the rest of the 552 page book is Pokedex.

P0kelegend
April 27th, 2012, 04:46 PM
First book is obviously the walkthrough, but the second is most likely going to be like every second book and just hold extra things to do information.

The second book is a continuation of the walkthrough in book 1 like HG/SS which is why its intriguing. I mean it's nothing but circumstantial evidence really, I'm not saying its all 100% I just thought it was pretty intriguing that it'll be a continuation of the walkthrough in Book 1 rather than be like the norm second book by holding just extra things etc.

Zayphora
April 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Personally, I would love it if they made a post-game island thing. Hopefully, as Elite Overlord said, with some sort of gang. Maybe they could bring back an old team *cough cough Galactic plz cough* and have them try to reform in an area. But I hope GAME FREAK makes it bigger than that Battle Zone place in the north east of Sinnoh. That was the one post-game that I didn't like--the plot was shoved into a small space and got very compressed as a result. Hopefully these hypothetical islands will give a better plot addition.

But knowing that GAME FREAK are trolls we'll probably just get plain old Unova.

I feel for sure that we won't get a full other region.

★Midnight★
April 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I was watching YouTube like always.. and I saw some updates for BW2! The guy who was updating us said that the ice covering Unova will probably reveal new locations in the map if its cleared. So we have to wait until more details of the map and region come to us, then, we can think about what kinds of things there will be under that ice cap. It is two years after the first Black and White games, there's something bound to be different.

IKawaiiThief
April 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
The ice is something CoroCoro put over areas where there will be changes in, so we can expect Nacrene, Striaton and Nuvema etc. to be different. Unova will most likely be bigger than before, I think.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hey, and more territory to explore wouldn't be a bad thing at all... just as long as it isn't all ice or water. I'm looking forward to seeing new towns in that area covered by that ice...cloud...thingy (what would you call that thing anyway?)

Hey, maybe those three towns will have combined to form one big mega-city. Urban sprawl and all xD

P0kelegend
May 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Media Factory will release both parts of the adventure guide (said to focus on the games' story and events) on July 20, but the same company will also publish a separate Pokédex guide on August 11.

Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.

KingCyndaquil
May 25th, 2012, 04:09 PM
There was discussion last month about a B2W2 adventure guide that will have two parts. Some were saying that the second part would be similar to the Kanto portion of the HGSS guide, but it wont be as Media Factory has properly announced them now. I'll quote what someone else said on another forum:

Also, to add more evidence towards there being another area off the Unova map, Coro Coro mentioned that 'N is missing' and that no one seems to know where he is. I'm sure you all remember Looker's reference about N being in another region, so I'm almost certain it will come true now (after all, Cynthia's statement about the world tournament came true). It seems Coro Coro was foreshadowing N's whereabouts so they can reveal a new region/set of islands in the next issue.

Also, a CD soundtrack for B2W2 has been announced and will contain 173 tracks for B2W2. That is a lot, and I don't think there would be that much for Unova so I'm assuming that a lot of it will be used in the new off-map area.
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.

P0kelegend
May 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
thats some interesting information, but the 173 tracks can be for battles, low health, moments in the story, legend battles, etc. but your right, that's a lot, but i wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

and also, I'm doubtful that a whole region will be devoted to finding N, he'll probably just swoop in at some part in the story.

The CD is probably the smallest bit of evidence, since it isnt very accurate. But the fact we will be getting two walk through booklets is a pretty decent indication (but still not confirmation).

The whole region won't be devoted to finding N, but I'm sure it will be the purpose that the player goes to the region. I don't know why some people say N will just return to Unova. If he would just swoop back into Unova, what would be the point of Looker's reference saying N was in another region? If Cynthia's statement about how the champions from each region meet up and battle came true, then I don't see why Looker's statement about N being seen in a faraway region wouldn't be true as they were clearly foreshadowing things in B/W that will happen in B2W2.

I'm not saying for sure there will be a new region/set of islands off-map, but I'm just stating the evidence towards there being one.

HarmonyChains
June 6th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I think we will have a new region or travel to a previous region like in SS/HG.

Remember that N took off with his respective dragon to some region....I think the fact that he has the dragon means he'll still be involved with the plot and I think where ever he disappeared off to, we as the player may go there also.

He definitely is still involved with the plot. Have you seen the animated trailer for BW2? He walks out of the fog in the very beginning, and some untranslated things to say.

Blue
June 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I doubt there's another region, the games are out in just over two weeks and surely we would have heard something by now? IIRC when HGSS was surfacing, they confirmed another region over a month before it's release and I can't see how another Region would work in these games.

Zayphora
June 6th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I wonder if the World Tournament is on a remote island OTM...

KingCyndaquil
June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
He definitely is still involved with the plot. Have you seen the animated trailer for BW2? He walks out of the fog in the very beginning, and some untranslated things to say.
actually the whole trailer was translated.

if anybody saw the new trailer, that boat has to be going somewhere, but no body knows where, and we barely know anything about the game itself, we know all features and their saving story for when we get the game so you can't say we know much of anything for sure

P0kelegend
June 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I doubt there's another region, the games are out in just over two weeks and surely we would have heard something by now? IIRC when HGSS was surfacing, they confirmed another region over a month before it's release and I can't see how another Region would work in these games.

Kanto was never revealed to be in G/S, it was a complete surprise, the Sevii Islands weren't revealed until just under 2 weeks before FRLG were released. Kanto was confirmed in HGSS a month before yes, but I thought it was blatantly obvious it would be in since it was a remake of G/S.

I still think there is a very good chance there is another region/set of islands off the Unova map but we'll just have to wait and see.

The Fallen
June 6th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I really don't think that we'll be able to access another region. The simple fact is that with this existing in Pokémon Gold and Silver it can never be properly done again because it was so amazing the first time. I mean sure, an addition region to complete tasks in would be great, but it won't have that initial excitement that GS had. I honestly don't think they should even attempt it; leave well enough alone.

Flygon-Gal
June 7th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I highly doubt that there would be a new region but maybe old ones or partof old ones that are accessable maybe.

Mr Cat Dog
June 7th, 2012, 04:04 AM
It'd certainly be ridiculously exciting if a new region was dumped on us completely unannounced, and while I highly doubt it's going to happen, it still would be a big WTF moment from me. Indeed, if it did happen, execution would have to be key in order for it to not simply become a rehash of the post-game from BW nor a Kanto-like subplot a la GSC. It could be very cool if it does happen, but consider me very sceptical on the idea.

dylanchng
June 7th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I think we might be able to travel to those old regions. Just a simple analysis thought, have you guys seen the power plant that was shown during the Black and White 2 trailer? It might be that Power plant in Kanto, with some new appearances of course. But nahh... just guessing.

Oh yes, about how to travel to that place, still no clue yet, maybe by ship, just like the old games?

Kenshin5
June 7th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I really don't think that we'll be able to access another region. The simple fact is that with this existing in Pokémon Gold and Silver it can never be properly done again because it was so amazing the first time. I mean sure, an addition region to complete tasks in would be great, but it won't have that initial excitement that GS had. I honestly don't think they should even attempt it; leave well enough alone.
Sounds more like a simple opinion to me. Yes it was somewhat amazing the first time, but I also felt it was lacking a good bit as well. I don't see why they shouldn't attempt it, if they want to appeal to the fans and do a fan service move then more power to them. I would enjoy going to past regions barring Kanto.

Likelihood that we will have another region though is highly doubtful. We already have a bunch of returning characters from other regions anyways so that should be enough of a fan service move already that we don't need another region.

dylanchng
June 7th, 2012, 06:50 AM
It'd certainly be ridiculously exciting if a new region was dumped on us completely unannounced, and while I highly doubt it's going to happen, it still would be a big WTF moment from me. Indeed, if it did happen, execution would have to be key in order for it to not simply become a rehash of the post-game from BW nor a Kanto-like subplot a la GSC. It could be very cool if it does happen, but consider me very sceptical on the idea.

But can Nintendo manage putting another region in quite a short time like this? I mean it's only been a year since they released Pokemon Black and White.

wombateiro
June 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
But can Nintendo manage putting another region in quite a short time like this? I mean it's only been a year since they released Pokemon Black and White.

Another region, sub-Unova or whatever could be done during B/W development and be simply not included in original B/W.

I think there might be tropical archipelago, on the south of Unova, revealed as the place where N went after events of B/W. He went across the ocean, so there really might the place like this.

dylanchng
June 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Another region, sub-Unova or whatever could be done during B/W development and be simply not included in original B/W.

I think there might be tropical archipelago, on the south of Unova, revealed as the place where N went after events of B/W. He went across the ocean, so there really might the place like this.

Sub-unova?You mean that there will be new places in Unova? That's also what I assume to be, considering the ice covering almost all part of East Unova.

P0kelegend
June 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I don't see why some people think its highly unlikely.

Looker even said himself that N was spotted in a far away region, and that he was going to go look for him. I don't see the point in foreshadowing that for no reason. If Cynthia's statement about the world championships came true in B2W2, I don't see why Looker's statement wouldn't come true considering that part was pretty much the complete end of the story and was the message we were left with.

And to the people who said they didn't have time, B/W finished development probably around mid-2010 if the game was released in September 2010. That means they have had almost 2 years of development for this game WITHOUT B/W (I'm almost certain to believe that they were working on B2W2 alongside B/W so they knew what to put in, leave out etc). They have had more than enough time.

If we do get another region/set of islands, I don't think it'll be an older region. I would think that it would be a brand new set of land we have never seen before (possibly like the Sevii Islands, except it'll be one big land mass rather than separate islands).

It's still not certain, of course, but I think it shouldn't be dismissed either.

The Fallen
June 7th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Sounds more like a simple opinion to me. Yes it was somewhat amazing the first time, but I also felt it was lacking a good bit as well. I don't see why they shouldn't attempt it, if they want to appeal to the fans and do a fan service move then more power to them. I would enjoy going to past regions barring Kanto.

Likelihood that we will have another region though is highly doubtful. We already have a bunch of returning characters from other regions anyways so that should be enough of a fan service move already that we don't need another region.
I'm not entirely opposed to it. I'm coming from the standpoint of don't do it just to do it. If it is to be done I would like effort and thought to be at the forefront of its development. Past regions would be fun, yes, but isn't that why we've been getting remakes as well.

A new cluster of islands or a Mt. Silver and cities type of thing would be cool too. Especially if it managed to go completely under radar.

Blue
June 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
It would be funny if they didn't tell us and we discovered it in game, after defeating the Champion you get shipped off to a new region like in GSC, that would be awesome but so unlikely.

FrozenInfernoZX
June 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
This game just has soo much potential. Please, I don't want to be disappointed.There must be a new set of land in these upcoming games. That is what I look for first in pokemon games. I like to explore new pokemon places just like in real life. I love to travel. Even including an island like Post DPPt which I felt was pretty packed with post game activity would be nice.

Altairis
June 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I hope there's lots of new areas, there's so much that they can do with this frozen-world thing and all that space in Unova... look at all that space on the map. It's kind of disappointing to just be traveling on a line. They could do so much more! I hope they do. I'm excited for these games C:

FrozenInfernoZX
June 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I hope there's lots of new areas, there's so much that they can do with this frozen-world thing and all that space in Unova... look at all that space on the map. It's kind of disappointing to just be traveling on a line. They could do so much more! I hope they do. I'm excited for these games C:

Yeah, that is what irked me the most about Unova. There is so much uncovered land in the surrounding areas and those straight routes threw all my interest out the window. It just didn't have that exploration feeling like the previous games.

Reshiram Man
June 11th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sangi Town is a new town in B2W2, and it supposedly has a forest near to it, and the forest is where Keldeo changes formes.

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
And it looks like Homika's City is going to be called Virbank, according to released anime episode titles anyway.

June 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Well it appears like they added a new forest called Sangi Town (something like Fortree? why the town?) though this isn't 100 % confirmed yet according to Serebii.
I'm glad to hear that there are still areas they have yet to announce.