PDA

View Full Version : Best/worst Generation?

LuckyLucario2000
March 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
In your opinon, what is the best/worst generation of Pokemon (NOT THE GAMES BUT THE POKEMON THEMSELVES)? For me the best is a tie between I & II. Which obviously is because of nostalgia. There's nothing like the first and second gens of Pokemon, and there never will be.

The worst I think is fifth. Trubbish? The trash bag Pokemon? Seriously? I hope we don't have to see this kind of uncreativeness in the 6th generation. :|

Hoenn
March 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Best Generation: III (RSE always)

Worst Generation: I (Regardless of liking them all, this has to be my least unfortunately)

Dialgamaster23
March 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
Best Generation: III (RSE always)

Worst Generation: I (Regardless of liking them all, this has to be my least unfortunately)
100% Agree with you.

I honestly HATED Generation 1

LuckyLucario2000
March 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
100% Agree with you.

I honestly HATED Generation 1 I mean the pokemon themselves, not the games.

Joshawott
March 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Best: Generation II

Worst: Generation III

awolfsquared
March 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Best design/creativeness wise: Gen II and Gen III tie for me.
Worst design/creativeness: Gen IV cause they threw in 20 new evolutions and 5 pre-evolutions most of them unnessacary.

Best overall: Gen II and III again but if I had to pick one , Gen III.
Worst overall: again gen IV. I couldn't get into the story of DPPt that much plus they introduced unneeded ideas like seals and ball capsule and accessories and dressing up.

HeartGold/SoulSilver was the only thing I like about Gen IV because it brings back nostalgia for me and Johto is one of my favorite regions.

PlatinumDude
March 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
For me, the best generation is Gen V because some of the Pokemon were creative in terms of design (like the Oshawott line). I didn't like Gen II that much; some of the Pokemon there were meh to me, except for Scizor.

ImSword
March 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Best is a tie between 1 and 4
Worst: 5, I swear the pokemon to me just seem so stupid and I tried to play the game but after I got the third badge I couldn't go on any longer, I was way to bored. (P.S. The fire monkey sucks)

Doogle3097
March 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
My favourite is 2, my least favourite is 3.

ImSword
March 2nd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Dear God generation one sucks the most for me. The games are so dull. After you beat your rival at the Pokemon League, there isn't really anything left to do. Yeah, in the remakes you can explore more islands, but big whoop, they still lead to a rematch with the Elite Four being a little bit stronger with one new Pokemon each, and still, nothing left to do afterwards.

The best for me is a definite tie between the third gen and the fifth gen. They brought so many new aspects into the game. Contests, more in depth berry mechanics, DIVE, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, Rustling grass mechanics, DIVE AGAIN; they were just awesome. I don't get bored playing these games like I did the first generation.

Seriously? Just because it doesn't have all those new features? You do know they were made a long long time ago, right? They probably didn't have the ideas for it back then.

Cazzef
March 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Best generation for me was 3rd Gen, Hoenn seems so different from the others, I also love the legendaries.
Worst generation is 4th Gen, I didn't really enjoy the Pokemon, let alone the Sinnoh region. I hope we won't have to revisit it...

Sydian
March 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
In your opinon, what is the best/worst generation of Pokemon (NOT THE GAMES BUT THE POKEMON THEMSELVES)?

Yet you posted it in Pokemon GAMING Central? You get a trophy. Moving to Pokemon Voting Polls.

LuckyLucario2000
March 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Yet you posted it in Pokemon GAMING Central? You get a trophy. Moving to Pokemon Voting Polls.

I'm sorry I thought I had posted this in General. Mah bad. :(

infersaime
March 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
My favourite 2 the worst is either 1 or 5.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Gen V pokes are definitely my favs :D
Gen IV has the ugliest pokes imo >.<

psyanic
March 2nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'd say generation three really had the most of my favorite Pokemon designs. Love the regions, especially Hoenn, and yeah... I'm quite fond of them.

I hate giving ambiguous answers, but I found that I don't really dislike any of the generations anymore. It sounds like such a safe answer, but I really don't care for most of them, or I like them. Gen III is the one I prefer the most though.

ƑŲ₡₭ḮЙ Blue
March 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Best Generation: 5th Generation
Reason:Introduced alot of revolutionarythings
Worst Generation: 5th Generation
Reason: I think some of the pokemon look to much like real life animals.

ReTAsp
March 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Best: Gen III
Worst: Gen IV...

FourCartridge
March 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Favorite: Gen I
No, I'm not a nostalgia sucker. Even though most of my favorite Pokemon are from that generation, Half of it's Pokedex had left my mind. I will admit that it kinda set the standard for design.

Least Favorite: Gen V
To the point where it's my main problem with this generation. Deeper story and characters? I'm all for that. Even though it introduced the most Pokemon, I can count the number of them I like on both hands. Basiclly, the reason I don't like them is because, like I said, Gen I set the standard on Pokemon design. Before this Gen people generally accepted(I think) that Pokemon should look like exotic wildlife. Sure, strange looking, but still, they should look like something that belongs in nature. Not with Gen V. Here, a good number of Pokemon look like the result of an acid trip, especially with so many of this Gen's Pokes being based on inanimate objects. Special Dishonerable Mention goes to the Trubbish, Klink, and Vannilite lines.

FSChris
March 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
To me, there is no bad one. All 5 are amazing, and hoping for a Pokemon Gray and a 6th Gen one day. BUT, my favorite is between 5th/4th. My least favorite, is 1st.

Mentalii
March 9th, 2012, 03:39 AM
=> My favourite generation is the gen II. They are the first "new Pokémon", and that make them so awesome. This magic feeling when I discovered that there wasn't only 150 Pokémon... And, confess, we all dream in front of the Ho-Oh Ash saw in the first episodes, because it announced a new gen. Personnaly, except it, no "new" Pokémon made me dream this way.

=> And the worst generation is the fifth to my mind... Too many awful Pokémon ... Even the starters are a total fail I think. In each new gen, the starters are the first Pokémon shown so it's important that they have a certain amount of... badassness. And gen V starters immediately showed us how this gen was going to suck.

Skitty1
March 9th, 2012, 04:10 AM
BEST: Gen III: Top reason that was when Skitty was introduced :3
WORST: None

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
March 9th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Best: Gen II
My most favorite Pokemon is from that generation, that's the main reason.

Worst: Gen V
Major disappointment... lack of Move Tutors and older Gen Pokemon in the Normal Subway lines and not much to do Post-Story besides grinding at the Big Stadium, Small Court & the PKMN League. Pokemon-wise, I like all of them, especially my favorite Gen V dragons, which are Druddigon & the Axew line.

Oryx
March 9th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Best: Gen V
I just love Unova. I love that it's based on NY, I love the new Pokemon and I love the story. I just love Gen V.

Worst: Gen IV
I had to force myself to even play through one game of this generation, even HG/SS.

Sodom
March 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Best: Gen IV - well, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were great games and thoroughly enjoyable, but I mainly choose Gen Four because of HG/SS. Those were the most amazing Pokemon games to date imo, they were better versions of what were already the best games ever beforehand.

Worst: Gen V - Too much changed and I felt alienated. The games were still enjoyable, but I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the Pokemon the way I cared about the previous 493. Also the new EXP system is atrocious and I want it dead.

Patchisou Yutohru
March 10th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Best: After thinking about it a lot, I've grown to really love Gen IV. As much as I love the original generation, Gen IV is by far the best. It took me a long time to really like it as much as I do now (in fact, it took until I played Pokémon White to really appreciate Gen IV games), but now they just can't compare to all the others because they're so superior.

Worst: Gen V. I really can't explain why. I didn't feel like I was playing a Pokémon game, and even though I liked the changes they made to the game, if I don't feel like I'm playing a Pokémon game, then I think that defeats the purpose. I also highly dislike 99.9% of the Pokémon, and 80% of the characters.

Yoshikkko
March 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Well everyone who knows me knows that I have an abhorrence for gen V. It's the worst in all aspects - characters, plot, Pokémon, region, music, gameplay, and metagame even. It's terrible haha, I felt gen IV was already a bit off but gen V completely strayed from the original concept. I don't like the urban kind of style, the Pokémon are Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokémon hybrids and they are just too overdesigned and uninspired, there are WAY too many legendaries, to the point of where I don't even find them special anymore. Mewtwo was a GOD in Kanto, he was like THE MOST ULTIMATE POKéMON EVER IN EXISTENCE and now they are just throwing 10 legendaries in a game and the plot resolves around them and they just lost their value for me. I have a hard time coming up with things that I actually like about gen V.

With that I think it's clear that imo Kanto (and Johto) are definitely the best. The are original, they are still folk-like and have subtle mysteries instead of plots that are completely blown out of proportion like in V, the regions are fun to explore and I like almost every Pokémon, and I can't think of a character that I don't like in some way. The Pokémon in gen I and II still looked like they could actually exist somewhere, or came straight out of myths and folklore, instead of mechanical blown-up giants. Bigger is not always better.

Cherrim
March 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Best gen for me, design-wise, is probably gen 4. It's not as simple as the original designs and not as clouded by nostalgia, but it's not as overkill as some of the designs in gen 3 or 5.

That said, I think gen 3 had the worst designs. I hate almost every legendary from that gen, haha. (I say this, but I still like a lot of Pokemon in this gen and some are just excellent.)

Thomas
March 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Generation 1 is and always will be my favorite. I can play through it so many times with out ever getting tired. I'd have to say my least favorite is Generation 4. I just never really got into the story. :/

AvoKitty
March 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I Loved gen III hated II so boring,and the pokemon looked goofy,

refep
March 18th, 2012, 01:20 AM
My favourite is definately gen 3. However I didn't like gen 1 to be honest.

Hikamaru
March 18th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Best: 5th Generation

Worst: 1st Generation

Yeah, I'm a Unova Fangirl.

halcyonic
March 18th, 2012, 01:51 AM
In my opinion, I think the 3rd Gen is the best. The worst is the 1st Gen.

rocky505
March 18th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Pokemon design

Best: III
Worst: 1( Really a pile of crap that gets pissed off is considered an evolution?)

SapphireFlames
March 18th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Best: A tie between four or five.
Worst: I don't know. That's hard...