PDA

View Full Version : B/W: 30 Days of Unova

Pages : [1] 2 3

Oryx
March 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
[css-div=background-color:#ffffff;border-radius:10px;border:2px solid #ebcdab;width:900px;height:;background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/6gdBJ.png');][css-div=float:right;]
http://i.imgur.com/6ki6A.png[/css-div]

[css-div=padding:10px;]Information
While this is starting with AUF2, it will continue throughout this entire month because this is 30 Days of Unova! Every day answer one question about Unova, traveling through the region like you did when you first picked up your copy of the games. If you miss a few, don't worry about it, you can answer them when you catch up again or just skip them entirely. Each day will end at 12:00AM Eastern Time.[/css-div][css-div=padding:10px;]Day Questions
1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Shadow Triad? Why or why not?
9. Do you use the Dream World regularly?
10. What do you think the building in the Dreamyard (the ruined research facility) was used for in the past?
11. Which art of Lenora do you prefer, her with her apron in front of her or with it over her back?
12. Do you like the separate routes in Pinwheel Forest, the more traditional maze and then a separate straight path?
13. The first nurse is encountered outside Pinwheel Forest - do you appreciate this addition to the game or does it make it too easy?
14. Was Castelia too big, not big enough, or just right to hammer home that big city idea?
15. Do you ever visit the Passerby Analytics HQ or take part in surveys?
16. Do you ever ride the Royal Unova? What do you do on it?
17. Do you participate in Pokemon Musicals?
18. What do you think is being built in the construction site in Route 4?
19. What did you think of Alder? Was he better or worse than previous champions?
20. Do you collect/use the feathers on the Driftveil Drawbridge at all?
21. What did you think of an electric-based cave? Would you like to see more elemental caves that aren't necessarily rock/ground?
22. Did you like the addition of the modern idea of an airport in Mistralton? Would you like to ride the planes?
23. Do you find the storm notifications of Tornadus/Thundurus being there enjoyable or not?
24. What's your favorite bridge in Unova?
25. Do you prefer the older Opelucid or the newer one? Does the one you prefer match the version you own?
26. Did you enjoy the Elite Four and being able to choose your order? Did you find them difficult?
27. Do you prefer Black City or White Forest? Did you get the one you preferred in your game?
28. Did you enjoy the fight with Cynthia in Undella town? If you played D/P/Pt, was she harder or easier this time around?
29. What's your favorite part of the Black/White postgame?
30. What’s your favorite Pokémon in Black and White?
[/css-div][/css-div]

Team Fail
March 3rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
And thus, I begin. Hopefully.

1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
No, I didn't. I never had the money when it was released. I did manage to borrow a copy from a friend however.

Hikamaru
March 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM

I didn't buy Black on its Australian release (March 10, 2011). I waited until my birthday (October 1) to get it where I got Black as a birthday present.

PlatinumDude
March 3rd, 2012, 11:29 PM
Day 1: Did you buy B/W on its release date? (in your country) Why or why not?

I didn't buy them on the release day because I didn't have enough time to go to the store and buy it. But I did buy them in Singapore when I saw the chance, even though I asked my aunt to buy them for me beforehand; I just gave those copies to my younger cousins.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 3rd, 2012, 11:38 PM

No. There was a mix up at that evil, evil place called Wal-Mart. Got it like two weeks afterward.

Twiggy
March 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM

Not quite, no. Took me a bit of time before actually getting it because, well, things do not get here that fast. :)

zantetsu122
March 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM
A: No. I would, but I can't find a copy in some game stores.

Malkaz
March 4th, 2012, 01:31 AM
No, these days I didn't even had a DS and I'm playing White since december.

Forever
March 4th, 2012, 01:51 AM
o_O

1. Did you buy it on its release date?

I did! I'm surprised I was the only one. I remember I caught the bus and went to the shops to get the games, I was so excited. :3; Can't believe all of you so far didn't, though.

vaporeon7
March 4th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Of course I did! Well I got my mum to buy them while I was at school. Then when I got home, I played White non-stop until I left for school the next morning... no sleep for me. I was/am obsessed okay.

gvgisdi
March 4th, 2012, 02:21 AM

Nope. I'm not sure if it's even available in my country; it can be bought on Internet, but it's too expensive for me, and I don't have a DS (it's too expensive too). :( But I think I'll buy Black or White some day.

Saturated Hue
March 4th, 2012, 03:43 AM

No, unfortunately. It wasn't available in my country, so I had my cousin who lives in the states buy two copies and send one of them to me.

miltankRancher
March 4th, 2012, 04:07 AM

Nah. There were no released dates, IIKC, here in my country. I borrowed a copy of each from my cousin who came home from States, and played it. Afterwards, I got a copy of the ROM.

Actor
March 4th, 2012, 04:12 AM

I actually preordered it in GAME (uk chain of retailers which are pretty much screwed now :() and got it on the released date in the afternoon. Fortunately it was a Friday and I played it till 1am in the morning. It was actually the first time I preordered anything and decided to try it out on a game series I love.

Otherworld9)
March 4th, 2012, 05:19 AM

Actually, I pre-ordered it on GAMESTOP, two weeks before its release, which was crazy really. I thought that since it costed a mere 35 bucks, it would only cost this much if I pre-order it. My sister didn't though, since she didn't have the money at the time our of her wallet. When the day came to receive it, I realized it costed the same anyway, even if you didn't pre-order it. I was disappointed, but eh, I didn't care and watched as my sister not only bought the game, but the handbook as well for only 5 more dollars.

Bluerang1
March 4th, 2012, 05:28 AM
No. I was in Nigeria and they don't have an official release date, had to import.

Boy and yes.

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
It was good. Bigger than previous games with more houses, well the rivals' ones anyway.

Snivy and no. However I did find Servine's movepool far too limited.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Nope XD; I got my Jap version a while before the English release date lol XDD;
but then i lost it at school haha XDD;

Yoshikko
March 4th, 2012, 05:58 AM
I think I bought it the day after (if not the day itself but idr), I did want to get it as soon as possible but it's not like I was sleeping in front of the shop to get it lol, so to speak.

i really don't get this do i answer the next one tomorrow or D;;

King!
March 4th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Yep! :3 At least, I think so.... Usually with new Pokemon games I preorder them at GameStop a couple weeks before. And I'm pretty sure that's what I did with Black/White xD

Sweet Candace
March 4th, 2012, 06:19 AM

I did not get my game on the release date, I got my copy a week after their US release.

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
March 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Yes i traded my sisters nintendogs and the sims 2 in for it at JB-Hi-Fi

TheBestRed
March 4th, 2012, 06:31 AM

No because i was busy and was being poor at the time but eventually i got it

Plasmette
March 4th, 2012, 06:35 AM

I got it close to release date. However, I lost it and didin't complete it untill the next year.
I was starting to lose interest in Pokemon, but then I found White...instantly hooked T_T

Reshiram Man
March 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Did you buy B/W on it's release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

I did go to GameStop to get them that day, I got both games, and it cost about 70 dollars iirc. I had to get them that day. I have done that since HG/SS.

Karma Police
March 4th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Unfortunately no. Mainly because there was no release date in my country and so I was forced to get a copy of the ROM and play through on that. I still don't think it has been officially released yet.

DARKSHADE
March 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM
o_O

1. Did you buy it on its release date?

I did! I'm surprised I was the only one. I remember I caught the bus and went to the shops to get the games, I was so excited. :3; Can't believe all of you so far didn't, though.

Actually;

1.) I also caught the bus to get it on release, from my local supermarket.
I had previously completed Black on a Japanese import, but was extremely hyped to get white on release date.

SniDERPvy
March 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM
You betcha! Now I have a Japanese White Version and an English Black Version :3

Joshawott
March 4th, 2012, 07:52 AM

I did not, reason being I had broken my previous model of a DS and was waiting to purchase a 3DS. It sure was hard for me to wait an additional month knowing the games were already out. :laugh:

Meganium
March 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM

I did on Release Day!! I actually preordered it and got it on the day it released, though I had to wait a couple of months after since I did not have a DS to play in. It was actually worth the wait. :D

johnny18
March 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Yes I do because I could not wait after I heard the release day so I tried to get and play it as soon as possible. I really do not have the patient to buy Black/White after the release days because I will just go ahead and buy the used game rather than the new one.

Alley Cat
March 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM

I was planning to. But my DSi got stolen, so I wasn't going to waste my money on a game I wouldn't be able to play. I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to it.

Jeremy
March 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Here we go, sweeties!
Of course I did, sweetie! Well being a Nintendo fan who HAS to get first/second party games at launch and being a Pokémon fan, it only made sense. Plus I believe I was racing with my friends to see who can beat the game first. ^^;

GhostQuill
March 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Nope, it was never formally released here plus I wouldn't buy it anyway
Ain't got the money and I have an R4

Alina_Mau
March 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM

NUH DX I still don't have the money to get it but I'm super determined to know as little about it as possible, I prefere to play pokemon games "blind".

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
1)Did you buy BW on it's release date? Why or why not?

Yes, I had my sister take me to buy both Black and White. I was really excited and couldn't wait any longer.

Blue
March 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Yes! infact, I pre-ordered a couple of weeks before just to make sure I got it on the day and the reason I did this because I know I wouldn't be able to wait any longer!

ShinyDiamond
March 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Unfortunately no. I didn't have enough money to buy the game. It took me almost a year to get the money. My cousin & his dad took me to Gamestop so I could get the game. I bought White that day & it was really cool!

Kevin
March 4th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yep, I was so psyched about it of course I bought it when it came out.

Virtual Headache
March 4th, 2012, 02:39 PM

No, I already imported the Japanese version so I waited a bit because I wasn't sure whether I should buy the German version first. I finally bought it approximately a month after the release, still in time for me to get another Victini from the European event.

Awesome.
March 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Yes; ever since D/P, I have bought the games on day of their release.

Doogle3097
March 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon I think, and I'd hoped it would arrive on release day but it came on Saturday instead, so only the day after.

Hikamaru
March 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM

I played as the girl (Hilda) cos I like her design. And yes, I am a girl in reality - I always play as the girl in my games.

miltankRancher
March 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
(i guess this counts as Day 2 already. We passed 12 AM here)

I played as the guy. Its been a few years back (in Ruby) that I last played as the girl one. Always the boy nowadays. And yes, I am a real life guy.

awolfsquared
March 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
No but almost did. I pre-ordered White a few months before but on the day of release date(March 6) , my dad couldn't take me out to Gamestop to pick it up. So I had to wait to March 7th to get it.

Blue
March 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM

I chose the opposite gender and went for a girl this time. I thought why not mix it up and after all it's a new game, new adventure, new gender!

Miss Doronjo
March 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM

Indeed I did; I did not want to wait 5 weeks for my walmart to restock on the merchandise when it was sold out, so I bought my copy of Pokemon White on the first day to beat the line up.

ribbit3
March 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM

No, I never have the money and never really go anywhere, so I ended up getting it about a month too late to get Victini.

Astinus
March 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Yes I did. I was looking forward to those games, and I had the day off from work. So I headed out to a local GameStop where I had pre-ordered them and got both Black and White.

Oryx
March 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
(i guess this counts as Day 2 already. We passed 12 AM here)

Each day will end at 12:00AM Eastern Time.

The first day isn't over yet you guys! It ends in just under 2.5 hours from now. Just to alleviate any further confusion for people for the next 30 days.

Mr. Magius
March 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Nope! I'd already seen so much screenshots and leakage that I wasn't too enthralled to buy the games. I also didn't have much money at the time of the release. I actually just recently bought them, and I kinda regret missing out!

XEL
March 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
The first day isn't over yet you guys! It ends in just under 2.5 hours from now. Just to alleviate any further confusion for people for the next 30 days.

Since I'm confused about the 1 & 2's everyone's posting, is it ok if I just post two q&a's in one post? :P

:] 2 Birds, 1 Stone
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0b9lrHPk01qg70lro1_500.jpg

Anyways:

Nope, I actually just got it in November. Reason being I didn't think it'd be all that different from the past games. I finally caved all because I wanted a Multiscale Dragonite..

I usually play as a boy, since, you know, I'm a guy. But on a recent Nuzlocke run through Diamond, I decided to play as the girl :P

Oryx
March 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Uh, what was confusing about my last post? o_O I said "the first day isn't over yet", that seems like the most straightforward way to say that and I can't think of a clearer way to put it lol.

The second day's questions start at 12:00AM Eastern Time, or in 1 hour, 50 minutes

Anyone's who's already answered two not like it's a big deal, but I'm trying to clear up the confusion because people posting the next number before it actually switches over is obviously starting to confuse everybody as to which question is the right one to answer today.

Jellicent♀
March 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Yes, yes I did. I was way too excited about the team I had planned out to NOT get it. Mom got it for me as an early graduation gift, so it made it a little sweeter.

Clacla
March 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM

No, they didn't look to appealing, I never bought them, although I borrowed my cousin's xD

vaporeon7
March 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM
In my White I played as a boy, which is what I am in real life. In my Black I played as a girl, because I can.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Girl, despite her being a fashion disaster this time around. The opposite gender of my RL gender, but I've played as the girl since Crystal, so it would actually feel weirder if I didn't play as the female...

FedoraCladLad
March 4th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Oh gosh I'm so late for this but I'll answer both questions for the days I've missed.

I did buy it on launch date. Me and my friend walked down to the GameStop in the almost rain after preordering it. I was dressed all in Black, with my white DS Lite and picked up Black, while my friend was fully dressed in White, with his black DS Lite and picked up White. Fun times.

I played as a boy, because it matches my gender in real life. Plus, it's a huge step up from the hats of the last two generations. The beret on Lucas looked silly and I don't even know what Brendan was wearing.

Epic-Latios-Fan
March 5th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'll do these anwsers even though it just started yesterday.

Nope, I didn't. I got White a week after the games released and then I bought Black 3 months later.

I played as the girl cause I am a girl in real life. (Although I played as the guy in Sapphire once.) Not a big fan of the girl's design, though.

Cazzef
March 5th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I'm late as well! Oh well...

I'll just quickly answer the first question, I didn't buy it when it came out, I never had a DS, by May 2011 I got a 3DS and bought Black, finished it and obtained all Pokemon (Thanks to PC!) and traded it off, I'll never trade Black 2 once I get it though.

Now...
I played as the Male, I always pick male anyway (I am one), I never really thought about using the female, ever.

Forever
March 5th, 2012, 01:46 AM
2. Did you play as a boy or a girl?
I played as a girl. :3 As a female I tend to side with being a girl, plus I loved Hilda's design, whereas Hilbert's was... ugly. ;x

PlatinumDude
March 5th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Day 2: What gender did you play as? Did it match your gender in reality?

I played as the boy because, well, I'm a guy in the real world.

zantetsu122
March 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Did you play as a boy or a girl?
I like playing as a Girl in games. Hilbert sux as a name lolol.

Saturated Hue
March 5th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I didn't think Hilbert's design was all that bad. :x I did play as Hilda, though, and it does match my gender IRL.

GhostQuill
March 5th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Day 2: What gender did you play as? Did it match your gender in reality?

As a boy. Because to play like that I can just spam A and not pay attention, plus it's my irl gender

Otherworld9)
March 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM

A girl, and yes, it did match my gender in reality. I'm not much into playing my opposite gender since..well, for some odd reason, I'm not much into the experience.

Awesome.
March 5th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I start my first run as a boy; my gender. And the girl on the second run(if I do one)

Joshawott
March 5th, 2012, 04:06 AM

I played as a boy, so yes, it did match my gender in reality. That's what I typically do when playing through Pokémon games, but there are times in which I'll mix things up a bit and play as a girl.

DARKSHADE
March 5th, 2012, 04:09 AM

A boy, it's been tradition since I was 3, I stick with all caps in my name too. =P
I am male, so yes it did.
The only time I've ever played as a girl (Aside from when temporarily helping a friend)
Is in my Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal.

Bluerang1
March 5th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Apologies, I thought the days matched those of the week so I tried to catch-up >!<

Yoshikko
March 5th, 2012, 04:51 AM
A girl, normally I don't really care, I just pick the one I like the most. Or dislike the least, in BW's case lol.

Virtual Headache
March 5th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I'm a girl and play as a girl. I've always played as a girl in every game ever since we have been able to choose.

Miss Doronjo
March 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM

I played as a girl despite being a boy. o3o
IDK, Hilbert's design reminded me of Lucas, and I didn't like Lucas that much, so Hilda it was!

Eucliffe
March 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Araa, I suppose I should do this~

I bought both! I had Black reserved at GameStop already and I had a Best Buy gift card that could totally afford me White, so I figured "Why not?" and got them about 20 minutes apart~

In my imported and English versions of Black, I played as a girl; in White I played as a boy. I honestly like going back and forth between genders 'cause it's more fun that way~ Also I like both Touko's and Touya's designs so yeah XD;

Malkaz
March 5th, 2012, 08:25 AM

Yes, I'm a boy. And if it's possible I'm always playing as a male :)

Karma Police
March 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM

I have always played as a boy in ALL games that I play. And yes, it does match my gender in real life. d:

johnny18
March 5th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
I played as both boy and girl but mostly boy and it matches my gender in reality.

Doogle3097
March 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Boy, and yes it matches my gender. I recently with the girl in my second SoulSilver playthrough though.

awolfsquared
March 5th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I played as a boy. The only time I haven't played as a boy was Diamond, I like Dawn's design more than Lucas.
Yes, it does match my gender in reality.

Sweet Candace
March 5th, 2012, 11:34 AM

I play as the girl, and for some odd reason; I play better when I'm the opposite gender...no idea why.

Mr Cat Dog
March 5th, 2012, 02:04 PM
DAMN YOU TOUJOURS! CREDIT ME NEXT TIME YOU DO ONE OF THESE MMMKAY!? Nah... just kidding. We're cool. We're cool. Let's do this!

I did not buy my Black version on its release date. In fact, I think I didn't get it for a few months after it came out... mainly because I didn't realise it had been released for ages. In fact, it was my roommate who told me about its existence, and even then I waited about 2 weeks after that! Oh well.

I don't think I've ever played as a girl in any of my games. I know, I know: raving misogynist roaming the boards. Maybe in one of the next games that I play I'll just feel all different and play as a girl.

Plasmette
March 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
2. I picked the Boy for some reason.

I don't know why....

ShinyDiamond
March 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM

I played as a boy of course. I'm a boy after all. The girl looked cute though...

March 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I played as a boy. Yes it matches my real life sex and gender (gender is what you identify yourself as by the way, sex is the biological thing).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 6th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Honestly, I'm sick of all the Pokemon games having your character start out in some small town in the middle of nowhere. Nuvema Town didn't stick out to me as being especially bad, but it was the completely generic and forgettable small starter town that's been overused. I would like my protagonist to be from a larger and well-known city, because big metro areas are my RL preference. I've got firsthand experience with small town life, and I hate it.

Cazzef
March 6th, 2012, 12:25 AM

Well its not really interesting at all, neither are the other towns in previous GEN's, you never really visit them often. I would like the starting town (and other certain towns that lack features) to be a bit more 'interactive' if that makes sense.

miltankRancher
March 6th, 2012, 12:40 AM

Nuvema town is the epitome of the boring town. I mean, not much happened here, and is not really memorable at all. (I had to go to Bulbapedia and see which of the towns are Nuvema.) Since we entered a new era, why not switch it to a more lively town? Like Castelia, seeing as Unova seemed to be advanced in technology. Why not the starting town also>

Hikamaru
March 6th, 2012, 12:48 AM

I think it was alright, the only houses belonged to the protagonist, Cheren and Bianca so it was a little small. I don't think it needed a change.

PlatinumDude
March 6th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Day 3: What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?

To me, Nuvema was just like an ordinary starting town--being in a calm setting, having the player's and rival's houses and the Professor's lab. It didn't really have anything special.

I think they could've changed things a notch by having the player start at a bigger city, like Nimbasa.

Epic-Latios-Fan
March 6th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Like the other starting towns, Nuvema Town seemed boring and there is nothing to do other then battle Bianca post-game and recieve a starter. I guess it would be a bit nicer if there were more people to interact with but Nuvema is just an ordinary town. There's nothing special about it.

Forever
March 6th, 2012, 02:02 AM
3. What did you think of Nuvema Town?

Pretty boring, tbh. I loved the visuals of Koromori and uhhhh I'm sure there were more--Woobat, lol, I'm unintentionally getting in the spirit of B2/W2. But yeah! It was small much like the other hometowns and it definitely had potential for more, sadly. :( Interesting beginning though with the present :3

GhostQuill
March 6th, 2012, 02:12 AM
3. What did you think of Nuvema Town?
I don't really care for it, its nice and all, but that's it
Your average first town

vaporeon7
March 6th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I thought it was pretty ordinary. It didn't stand out anymore than any other starting town. Not even a catchy tune like Accumula Town.

Blue
March 6th, 2012, 05:29 AM

They got it just right, infact any bigger and it wouldn't have felt like a home town.

johnny18
March 6th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I think Nuevma town is not really small so I do not think they should switch it up. In fact, it is just a beginning so there is not need for a big town.

Sweet Candace
March 6th, 2012, 05:41 AM

I thought it was okay. I always liked the Lab being in the same town you start in, so that was the thing I liked about Nuvema Town.

Lunafloon
March 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?
I did not, as I had no money at the time... But I did buy both Black and White last September after my birthday!

Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
I played as a boy, and I'm a girl in reality. I just like Hilberts design better than Hildas.

What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
I didn't really pay much attention to the size... I think it could have done with something to make it more memorable, but overall it was fine for a starter town.

Yoshikko
March 6th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I think the fact that I can't even remember what it looked/was like says enough about how I think of it lmao. I don't even remember how far along Nuvema town was lol.

Mr Cat Dog
March 6th, 2012, 08:20 AM
3. What did you think of Nuvema Town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
Wait, which one was Nuvema Town again? Off to Bulbapedia to check...

Awesome.
March 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
3. What did you think of Nuvema Town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous game?
The fact that I can't remember what it looks like should be enough of an answer.

Joshawott
March 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM

As with all other hometowns in the series, I was regarded with a very warm welcome into Nuvema Town. Despite the games only having been out for a little over a year now, it still manages to hit me hard with nostalgia.

The size of the town was never really an issue for me, nor has it ever been in the series. That being said, it did feel rather odd having a house square in the center of town. That's but one minor complaint I have with it. One thing I really liked about Nuvema Town was its overlook of the ocean; a nice homage to the first two generation games. I like the hometowns just the way they are. :D

Kevin
March 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
A boy, and yes it matched my gender.

I actually liked Nuvema Town. It had that fresh feel to it.

March 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM
It was nice, kind of lonely though, even more so than Pallet town...
No, it's nice to start in small towns.

ShinyDiamond
March 6th, 2012, 06:00 PM

I kinda liked the town. The ocean at the bottom was a nice touch, especially when it sparkled. A couple windmills wouldn't hurt though.

Otherworld9)
March 6th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Nah, it was fine for me actually.....like the nostalgic feeling it somehow brought to me. Don't think they should switch it up....I can't imagine a bigger small town or a different kind of town[better not make it like a farm/forest/city thing....I like the simply small village feeling to it.]

Plasmette
March 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
3. Twinleaf Town with 1 less house.

I don't mind the small village thing...just put things to do in there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 7th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Oshawott. Like in recent U.S. presidential elections, it was a case of choosing the least of the evils presented to me. I always have a difficult time with grass starters (hence why I tend to stay away from them) and the idea of another Fire/Fighting type wasn't that appealing either.

I honestly don't regret it, because Unova is seriously lacking in decent Water-types and Samurott is one of the best among the choices that are given in the game.

Hikamaru
March 7th, 2012, 12:23 AM

I started with my fave starter - Oshawott! I eventually got a Tepig and Snivy traded from my brother's White but I was most in sync with Oshawott. I know a lot of people love Snivy for its sneakiness but don't like Tepig for its "ugly" evolutions and Fire/Fighting type repetitiveness. I love all 3 but Oshawott's cute expression in the anime made me love it, after seeing Oshawott in the anime it made me want to choose him as my starter. I never regretted Oshawott cos mine (now a Samurott) helps me cross water with Surf plus he's one of the best Water-types available in Unova.

miltankRancher
March 7th, 2012, 12:34 AM

Hmmm... I chose Tepig the first time I played it. It was because I really wanted a Pansage, and Simisgage. And no, I didn't regret it. Emboar is baws.

btw. 3000 posts yeah!

Epic-Latios-Fan
March 7th, 2012, 12:51 AM
In White, I started off with Oshawott because I wanted one in the first place and it was the easiest one to use out of the three. I didn't regret this one and it helped me a lot throughout the game. While in Black, I started off with Tepig because I didn't want to choose Snivy. Like my Oshawott, I didn't regret Tepig but then a few months later, I dumped it in my box because I was addicted to Shiny hunting that I dumped my whole team in my box instead. But still, my Tepig was pretty good and it helped me throughout the game as well.

vaporeon7
March 7th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I chose Oshawott! I think I made the right decision because there aren't many other options for water that aren't named Jellicent. I also like the Oshawott line the best out of the Unova starters. When I have used the others, they haven't been as good.

PlatinumDude
March 7th, 2012, 01:51 AM

I chose Oshawott in Black because I've always used the Water starters the first time I've played new games. I chose Tepig in White because Fire is my second favorite type to start with. I didn't regret picking both.

Twiggy
March 7th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I played it as a boy. Hehe... Yeah, it matched my gender in reality, all right. It's just how I roll when it comes to things like that. :P

Nuvema? Small, but comfortably small, so it works just fine. Switching up could be an interesting thing. So the only thing we can do now is to wait, huh, for that other pair of games...

GhostQuill
March 7th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Oshawott because it's cute or Tepic because it's cool
No regrets whatsoever

Awesome.
March 7th, 2012, 04:01 AM

Snivy because it is the only cool grass starter imo (plus perversity ability). There were no regrets.

Pokemon Trainer Touko
March 7th, 2012, 04:16 AM
I play as a girl because I am a girl XD;

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games? At least it's bigger than twin leaf XD;

Snivy, cause it's the fastest outta the 3 :DD

johnny18
March 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I pick Oshawott because it is water type which is my favorite type and no, I did not feel regret about it.

Karma Police
March 7th, 2012, 06:11 AM

Meh... okay. There's not much I expect from a starting town anyways. 2-3 houses + Professor's lab does it xD Although I don't really see how it's a town, with only 3 families living there. More like a village d;

Oryx
March 7th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I never did this so I'll start with 1 and work my way up. :)

Yeah, I went out and got White with my bf on the release date. Even though we got in a car accident on the way, we basically brushed it off and went to go get them anyway and then played them nonstop.

Karma Police
March 7th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Ugh I just realized I was a day late... so yeah, next question I guess.

I have always chosen Tepig as my starter. Fire Pokemon are epic offensive Pokemon, and they literally burn their way through each gym, so Tepig for me. I never regretted that decision lol.

Blue
March 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM

I started with Tepig as I instantly found it to be the cutest starter Pokémon of the lot! I don't regret it because Emboar is such an awesome Pokémon overall.

superFOXES
March 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM

I chose Snivy based on it's design, I thought it looked much better than Tepig and Oshawott. Plus I never really use grass types so wanted a change. The only time I regretted that choice was against Burgh, his Leavanny just destroyed my team.

Oryx
March 7th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Continuing on my quest to catch up without answering 5 questions in one post!

I played as a girl, and I am a girl. I never feel the urge to genderbend so I always just play my gender in games like this haha.

Mr Cat Dog
March 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I chose Oshawott. I normally choose the Fire starter but Tepig/Emboar was just godawful, and since I really dislike Grass critters, that left me with Oshawott. I don't really regret it, as it ended up being an OK Water critter... but that's only because the rest of the Water critters in Unova were just so dire! Ugh...

Cazzef
March 7th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I chose Oshawott for its evenly distributed stats, the other Pokemon didn't really appeal to me. I also thought of Surf, Waterfall and Dive, I'm going to have more than 1 water type on my team and the Oshawott line is an ideal choice. I had no regrets and I'll choose it again in Black 2/White 2.

Sweet Candace
March 7th, 2012, 11:49 AM

I chose Snivy, and then I did regret it later when I evolved my Petilil into a Lilligant, and started using Lilligant a lot. I chose Snivy, because I wasn't so hot on the other two starters to be quite honest.

Oryx
March 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM

I liked it but I would have loved to start in Castelia. I dream of a game where you can choose your starter town. To make it simple they would have to make you travel to the same place to start, but your 'home' would be in that town and such.

But I was fine with Nuvema. Almost never there anyway.

Joshawott
March 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM

My starter was Tepig, which was rather peculiar for me as I've always went with the water starter first in past games. I wanted to mix things up a bit and so I randomly chose Tepig over Snivy, and it's a good thing I did because Snivy's evolution line had to be my least favourite of all the other starters'.

Overall, I really enjoyed using Tepig and its two evolutions, I just really wish they didn't lack so many fighting-type moves. In the end I was happy with my choice, but from now on water starters will always be my first. Oh, and did I mention Oshawott's evolution line was among one of my favourites? ;)

Forever
March 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
4. Which starter did you choose and why?
Tepig because it's literally the best to begin off with. The other two basically have a disadvantage at the earlier gyms, whereas Tepig doesn't because its evolved forms can learn fighting type attacks for Lenora, and fire attacks for Burgh. Plus Plasma uses dark types sometimes, etc. Plus it's adorable!

Oryx
March 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Whew, caught up!

I chose Tepig and had 0 regrets. It was easy to use, fun, and bacon!!

Plasmette
March 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Wasn't a real big fan of the Unova starters. Didn't look apealing to me. I picked Oshowatt because I like water types. Then, I saw their evoloutions. Fell in love...

March 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I chose snivy, it ended up being a female Snivy like Ash's ^_^ (I didn't expect to get a female starter again, got one for Pt. So it was a nice surprise). I don't regret picking her, she's awesome, I like her better than Emboar and Samurott...

ShinyDiamond
March 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM

I was thinking between Tepig & Oshawott. I chose Oshawott 'cause he was cute, & he could use Razor Shell. He was definitely worth it!

Mr. Magius
March 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I chose the male character, seeing as I'm a boy. Usually with the second version I buy, I choose the female one.

I liked it; it had a different flavour than previous starter towns, but it also kept the same "home" feeling. It kind of reminds me of Pallet Town in that it is serene, and also has an oceanic view to the south.

Oryx
March 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM

No, not really. I knew from the anime and from other things that they push the "Pokemon partnerships are about love, not control" aspect of the franchise, so I knew that at least in the game my Pokemon were with me because they liked me, not because they were being forced. I did think it was cool though.

Meganium
March 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I did play as Touko. I actually like her style & design. And...uhh...do I have to answer that 2nd part? I chose the girl because she looks awesome. xD

imo, I thought Nuvema Town was bigger than any other hometowns throughout the games. You have the Trainer's home, the lab, and Cheren's & Bianca's house. All houses are bigger in the game than the other games, so that's probably why that made me think it was big.

I'll be honest. I was going to choose Snivy, because...well, you know me. I like Grass-Type starters. But when I saw Oshawott in the anime for the first time, I fell in love with it, and I've changed my mind by choosing it instead of Snivy in the game. To this day I do not regret choosing Oshawott. My L62 Samurott is one of my powerhouse Pokemon in my party.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
No, not really. I've always been of the opinion that trainers are a vital part of what makes Pokemon work, so his "vision" of a world without people using Pokemon actually seemed quite nightmarish to me. PMD-style nightmarish.

awolfsquared
March 8th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Ok catch up time
^_^;
I think it's one of my favorite starting towns. It's beautiful and reminds me of Pallet Town. It's got a really nice feel to it.
Snivy. At first I wasnt gonna go with it cause I didn't like it. Usually I go with the grass starter, but I thought it was ugly when the starters were first revealed. So I was gonna to pickTepig , but read Snivy had the best speed so I picked it instead. I don't exactly regret it, I just think if my journey would be different if I went with Tepig. But I really like Serperior so I'm happy with what I picked so no regrets. Maybe in BW2, I will pick Tepig or Oshawott.

I'll post number 5 in the morning when I wake up :D

PlatinumDude
March 8th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Day 5: Were you swayed by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?

No. As soon as I heard the speech, I knew that whatever Team Plasma said would be an utter lie.

miltankRancher
March 8th, 2012, 02:14 AM
5. Were you swayed by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?

No. ghetsis, at first sight, does not look like the man who could think only of the best for pokemon.

vaporeon7
March 8th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Nope, Ghetsis doesn't have the feel of a saviour of Pokémon about him... evilness however...

Blue
March 8th, 2012, 03:08 AM

Not really, I was more focused on N than anybody, Ghetsis didn't play a major part for me until later in the game.

Twiggy
March 8th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Teehee~ I chose Snivy. For some reason that thing is just sitting there for me to pick :) And I love Grass-type starters. Oh, and he's so darn cute when you think about it...

Hehe... Nope, no regrets, and it just works.

I think I yawned instead. Carried on...

Awesome.
March 8th, 2012, 04:00 AM

In all honesty I feel like Ghestis' speech was set way too early on in the game to leave an effect on me.

Mr. Magius
March 8th, 2012, 05:03 AM
I chose Snivy because I thought its final evolution looked cool... I regret it now. I ended up just locking it up in my PC. :D

The guy just looked evil, was followed by a group of evil-looking people, and his theme music was evil. Also, his speech didn't sound like a justified argument to me.

Eucliffe
March 8th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I personally think it was cute for a starting town, but I think it would've been more interesting to make it part of a city or something. Make it so the starting trainer isn't a country bumpkin for a change :B

...I've gone with all three of them, fff. Tepig in imported Black, Snivy in English Black, Oshawott in White. Nonetheless, the only one I've regretted choosing is Oshawott. Daikenki/Samurott...just isn't as good in battle as Emboar or Serperior. Though I will admit I like Emboar's design the least of the three (but I think its shiny color scheme is pretty cool). I mean OK, Serperior and Emboar aren't all that great either. But they still were somewhat useful.

...Not really? As far as I'm concerned, he's no different than an extremist right-winger, and I'm not too fond of those to begin with :B

Mr Cat Dog
March 8th, 2012, 05:25 AM
5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?
Wait, I'm supposed to care about the plot of these things? Hahahahahahahahahaha. So... no. I was not swayed. I can't even remember it, to be honest.

johnny18
March 8th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
Not at all. I found the speech really pointless.

Lucario Blaze
March 8th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech at Accumula town?

no it was annoying and pretentious.

Forever
March 8th, 2012, 05:49 AM

Nope! I did find his speech weird, but nope I wanted to catch Unova Pokemon already and not free them. :(

Yoshikko
March 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
catching up here, oops!

I chose Tepig and I didn't regret it. I had already decided that I wanted Tepig after seeing SAMUROTT (because I was gonna go for Oshawott initially), and Emboar is pretty cool anyway.

Not at all, I don't think I even payed attention, just mostly skimmed hahaha. The cutscenes and dialogues were the worst actually.

GhostQuill
March 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Didn't even pay attention, just spammed A and kept on gaming

Sweet Candace
March 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM

No. I just mashed the A Button to proceed through the storyline.

DARKSHADE
March 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
To catch up;

I liked it's natural tone, especially the water and the grass colour.
It reminded me way too much of Twinleaf though, needed something more unique.

I chose Snivy, usually I'm pro fire type, but Tepig's design is truly horrible. I didn't really regret it, although he was slightly harder to train.. didn't reall effect much overall.

No not really, he sounded like a far too mad activist, I considered what he was saying and was annoyingly adressed by the repetitive 'Ladies and gentlemen'
I also disagree with what he was saying, he just annoyed me the whole time. So no, didn't move me at all. I just wanted to get on with the game.

Joshawott
March 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM

Not at all. I actually found his speech to be completely disorganized and uninformative. I knew that as a character he would be of major importance later on in the story, and sure enough he was. Ghetsis meant business, which was more than evident in betraying N. Like Cyrus, he was just plain cold.

Cazzef
March 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Nope, I'll never part with my Pokemon, he sounded like a total nutter the first time.

Kevin
March 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Oshawott because it's the cutest in my opinion, and nope I never regretted choosing it.

Nope, I didn't even listen to it.

Hikamaru
March 8th, 2012, 02:09 PM

I didn't pay attention to it, I want to catch Pokemon and not release them.

Doogle3097
March 8th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Day 3: What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
After the different approach in Gen 4 I was hoping for something different but this was just a very forgettable town. In fact I can't even remember its layout anymore haha.

Day 4: Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
Chose Tepig. I wasn't fond of Oshawott or Snivy at the time, but they grew on me. I didn't regret my pick but it's a shame it became Fire-Fighting.

Day 5: Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula Town?
I paid attention to it and took it but it didn't sway me, no.

Plasmette
March 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
5. Can't remember it.

But I bet it was wonderful...

I want a Pokemon game...where you can join the evil team...

hiff8
March 8th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Nope, I rather enjoy watching pokemon battle to the death

March 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM
No, but I did listen to it. He didn't sound very truthful at all in my opinion...

ShinyDiamond
March 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM

I was like, Is he serious? I had no idea who this guy was, nor did I know I would face him at the end. I didn't know he was Ghetsis in the first place. Anyway, I was wondering if Pokemon wanted to be with their trainers. I would've asked my Pokemon how they felt with me & if they liked being inside a Pokeball. He struck me a bit inside, but it's just a game. ^^

Bluerang1
March 8th, 2012, 08:01 PM

Very much so. It seemed to make sense to me that we shouldn't be forcing Pokemon into battle, like animal abuse and whatnot.

Meganium
March 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM

I wasn't aware of what Ghetsis was trying to say. I was like "oh imma find out later on." So, no. I wasn't really inspired/swayed/etc. Though I will admit that I was like "HURRY UP I WANNA MOVE ON RAWRRR."

Forever
March 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM
STARTING NEW DAY, YEAAAH.

6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

It was interesting but kinda confusing at first since I knew about the types, but not what the curtains/the things you stepped on did :x tbh I'd much rather gyms w/o that since at least you can grind your starter like crazy and win anyway, but with this unless you GOT the monkey you don't really do that well if that makes sense. :(

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

TBH I didn't like the first gym very much due to that. Even with Pansage I still had considerable trouble against Cress and his Panpour after it used Work Up around 3 times while I was bashing its skull in with repeated Vine Whips from my Pansage which led to using a Potion almost every other turn as Cress's Panpour was firing off +3 Water Guns which dented me so hard I ended up having to sacrifice my Lillipup so Pansage could miraculously survive the boosted attacks and finish Panpour off with barely any HP left on Pansage's end. Granted it was a pretty memorable fight but it felt more frustrating if anything which is why I didn't really enjoy that particular gym.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 8th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I didn't because I didn't want to use the monkey, which necessitated me raising a Purrloin to an absurdly high level (18 IIRC) to take the gym on. I would rather it been a type that would be neutral to all three starters (Ghost would work, or Fighting) rather it be based on your starter type, if they wanted to go the "no starter has an advantage" route.

Hikamaru
March 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM

It was a new interesting concept. I tried all 3 starters so I could see the monkeys' difficulty. I started with Oshawott in Black, meaning I had to fight Cilan. I obtained a Pansear from the Dreamyard and he starts off weak compared to the other 2 monkeys. But yeah, I liked the change.

vaporeon7
March 9th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I didn't like it very much at all. It was pretty much forcing you to use the monkey you got to cover your weakness (I didn't though, I over-levelled instead). And what made it worse is that the first gym came so quickly, which meant there was less of an opportunity to over-level your Pokémon.

miltankRancher
March 9th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

No. I mean, you need to train the monkey just for the first gym badge? uh-oh. No way.

PlatinumDude
March 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM
5. Did you like the lack of starter bias the first gym had?

It was an interesting twist from past games, but, to an extent, it kind of forced me to use a Pokemon that I'd probably not use for the entire game (I boxed Pansear shortly after the win, while I boxed Simisage when I got to Mistralton).

Blue
March 9th, 2012, 02:26 AM

Yeah, I feel that no matter who I chose it was quite a struggle, the option of getting the elemental monkey helped but I never used one of them so it was kinda difficult.

awolfsquared
March 9th, 2012, 03:58 AM
(I'll catch up later today I mean it this time. I need sleep)

Not at all. I didn't quite understand how liberation was the best thing for Pokemon. Building friendship with Pokemon is far better of an idea.

Karma Police
March 9th, 2012, 05:34 AM

Lol no is the only answer that comes to my mind. He was a stupid guy and had a few stupid beliefs like all the stupid evil organizations in the Pokemon games. The only thing his speech made me wonder was why there are no mental asylums or prisons in the Pokemon universe lol.

Uhh... it was okay imo. It pretty much forced me to use an elemental monkey just so that I could cover my weakness, and I still had to train that monkey a lot. Stupid move, really.

Saturated Hue
March 9th, 2012, 05:58 AM

3. Nah, I've always liked the first towns' concepts. You only come to really appreciate the awesome graphics once you're accustomed to the normal ones.
4. Snivy, because it's got swagger. :P It was the only starter I liked, so no, I didn't regret my choice.
5. I actually kinda sorta believed it. /shame
6. I was pretty indifferent. I tend to overgrind my team, so I didn't really have any troubles in that gym.

johnny18
March 9th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Not at all. I think the first gym is cool enough but it will be more cool if we can battle three of them instead of one only.

Bluerang1
March 9th, 2012, 06:39 AM
6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym (http://www.pokecommunity.com/#) had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

Yes it was a nice shake-up and wasn't hard for those who chose fire types or too easy for grass and water type starters. Yes, I'm referencing to Rock gyms.

Team Fail
March 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Gosh I've missed so much.

I played as a boy. It did match my gender.
It's a bit small, but if they really wanted to make a difference, they should have started in a city.
In Jap Black, I chose Tepig. The game was mildly difficult, but I never regretted it. In English White, I chose Oshawott. And no, I didn't regret that decision either.
No, not really. But having the main antagonist of the game come as early as that event was a surprise.
Yes, I did. It makes for a good challenge, although one can make it very much easier by getting their elemental monkey in Striaton City.

Yoshikko
March 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Well no, I didn't really care for that anyway since I think it's a lame gym concept and it just didn't really work, I cleared it in like 2 minutes and it wasn't a challenge at all so I hardly even considered it.

Wasteland
March 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nope, I don't buy the game, and curiosity got the best of me
I played as a boy, and yes, it matched my gender.
Actually, to me, it looked like what I was expecting. 4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
At the beginning I choose Mijumaru (Oshawott), simply because it was cute. But later I switched it to Tepig. Because Emboar is better imo
Not at all, really. Kinda boring

Plasmette
March 9th, 2012, 08:56 AM
6. Im just happy they did something unique with the first gym.

Mr Cat Dog
March 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
It was definitely a nice idea in theory. That you could just obtain the other monkey that was necessary to defeat the Gym-monkey made it slightly pointless. Still... nice idea.

ShinyDiamond
March 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM

It was very...interesting. It was the first gym that wasn't rock type, aside from Jhoto's Flying type gym. Perhaps they just wanted a random 3-type matchup so they could make it difficult at the beginning. But anyway, I did like that they had us face one of the gym leaders depending on our starter.

Eucliffe
March 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM

I liked the idea 'cause you were always at a disadvantage and thus had to compromise that is, go get one of those monkeys in the Dreamyard, fff but I think it woulda been more fun to battle all three consecutively~ Of course, they would probably only have to have their elemental monkey, but that's besides the point. I can see it going something like this: Battle the person whose type puts you at a disadvantage, then the person of the same type, and finally the person your type is strong against. (So if you started with Snivy you'd battle Chili first, then Cilan, then Cress.) This way, it's more of a challenge in that your starter might still lose to the final person.

...OK, that was a bit long for what could've been a one sentence (or one word) answer XD;

Joshawott
March 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM

Not at all. Though I'll admit the idea was neat, I felt like I was obligated to use one of the elemental monkeys. The first time I battled there I only used my Tepig to beat the gym and it took about five tries. :(

Sweet Candace
March 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM

I liked it, I liked going in with the same difficultly, no matter what starter type I chose.

wilso
March 9th, 2012, 07:35 PM
not really u see i have my servine by then and i hated panpour so i did a solo up to past 2nd gym

awolfsquared
March 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Not really. But I give them props for creativity. I had to train my least favorite Elemental Monkey and Panpour didn't do much against Chili's Pansear. I boxed Panpour soon after beating Clay's gym and then I think I traded it for Pansear.

Wasteland
March 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I liked it, but it didn't make too much of a point when you can rush over and get the monkey ...

I guess Cress, because Chili looks to be unstable and Cilan is weird for liking Ash ...

vaporeon7
March 10th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I never liked Chilli's or Cress's hair cuts, so I'm gonna say Cilan. I really wish he had sclera though...

Otherworld9)
March 10th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Oh I missed plenty...

-Chose Snivy, and I never regret having him on my team...although the lack of power hurt me on the long run.

-Since I always pay attention and try to get into the game, as in actually be in the game, I did.

-Didn't really bother me as much, since I'm the type of person who trains my pokemon 5 levels higher than the gym itself...that alone was enough to beat Chili.

-I prefer Cress, since he's the best looking out of the three, and I love Panpour. Haven't battled him yet, since I only played the game once...and have a Snivy that I don't use anymore, but Cress seems to be the most "real" character out of the three.

Cazzef
March 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah, it was all fine, however I think the game shoudn't have given the free elemental monkeys, untill after you beat them and depending on which one you beat. Eg: (Cilan - Pansage) Just to make it just a bit more of a challenge.

PlatinumDude
March 10th, 2012, 04:30 AM
7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite and why?

My favorite Striaton Gym Leader is Cillan because of his role in the anime as Ash's traveling partner. In the games, I noticed that Cilan acted nervous compared to his brothers, but I think that was a perk that the game designers wanted to add in there.

Twiggy
March 10th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Teehee~ It shows that stuff has just truly started when you get your butt handed over by the very first Gym. Hehe... It's a good thing that there's a thing called "that Dreamyard girl".

Cilan. AKA Mr. Fabulous with a nice helping of spinning and sparkles, if you want to get into that :P By himself in the games, he's also that guy that's standing out more than usual. How can anyone not love you?

Sweet Candace
March 10th, 2012, 05:58 AM

I liked Cilan. The other two, I really didn't care for. (Cress and Chili)

Bluerang1
March 10th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Cress from the games because I like blue and his coolness. Chili from the Anime because he's fun and upbeat.

Hikamaru
March 10th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Cilan - I love his anime voice (both English and Japanese). Plus, I actually battled him cos my starter was Oshawott.

Meganium
March 10th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Going to answer 7 early since I won't be around. lol

The good thing about this is that there's a boy (near the Dreamyard I think? I can't quite remember.) that would give you either a Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour to battle against the gym leader's. I got a Pansear (because I chose Oshawott as my starter), and I was able to beat Cilan and his Pansage.

I don't really have a favorite per se. I only battled Cilan. And since he's a grass-type leader, and I really dig grass types, then he shall be my fave. :3

johnny18
March 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
I do not have a favorite one because most of them do not give me an impression and I am never really into gym leaders.

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
March 10th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Boy
Good size for a rpg
Oshawott and nope
*pressing B again*
It would be good if you could vs all three
I don't have one

awolfsquared
March 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I like Cilan the most. He's a pretty legit character in the anime/games and his brothers don't stand out much.

Yoshikko
March 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Ummm I dislike Cress the least so, ima say him lol.

Blue
March 10th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Cilan, he just seems casual, I dislike Chili.

Eucliffe
March 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
(Story time; might be long!)

When the trio were first introduced, I liked Corn (Cress) the most because he seemed pretty cute. Dent (Cilan) and Pod (Chili) seemed the least appealing then, too XD; At some point, I was considering picking up Corn for a Pokemon AU (that's "Alternate Universe" for those who don't know) on LiveJournal. However, as I was looking through fanart of Corn on Pixiv, I found that Pod seemed pretty appealing. I began looking up fanart for him instead, only to find that some of the fanart made his hair more pinkish and spikier, thus resembling the anime character I've been obsessed with over the past two years (whether you care or not, said character is Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail). Also didn't help he specialized in Fire types, as Natsu's magic is fire-based.

As a result, Chili/Pod is my favorite of the three. Also love his seiyuu, though Cilan's/Dent's is good too 'cause MAMORU MIYANO.

ShinyDiamond
March 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM

I'd have to say Cilan. I like Pansage, & Chili seems so feisty, Cress looks calm, & Cilan is one in between, well-balanced. Plus I like green!

Joshawott
March 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM

I like Cilan the most, though admittedly he does have an unfair advantage since he's the new Brock in the anime. Still, I like his personality a lot and his view on various things. I also like how he's far more sophisticated than Chili and Cress.

miltankRancher
March 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM

Cilan. He's stuttering image is pretty good! :)

rainbowism
March 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Cilan. He's the only one with a real personality in the anime, not to mention he's the new Brock. Also...TRAINS.

March 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I missed day 6 without realizing it...
6) I liked that they eliminated the bias for the water and grass starters but it was quite hard until I found out that you can get a free elemental monkey that was strong against the gym leader's...
7) Chili, he look cool, plus he doesn't look odd like Cilian or Crest imo. I think most people lean towards Cilian due to the anime...

Joshawott
March 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Shadow Triad? Why or why not?

I'll be honest, I never put the possibility of this together. Very interesting! As for whether or not I believe it's true, I guess I would have to say no. Just based on the way the Shadow Triad acts in comparison to the Striaton gym leaders is reason enough for me to have the opinion I do. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed in the sequels that the Striation gym leaders are indeed the Shadow Triad.

Hikamaru
March 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM

I don't think so, the hair looks so different.

Forever
March 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Since I didn't answer number 7, I'll answer it now and reply to number 8 in the next post, like Toujours did.

7. Which Striaton gym leader was your favourite and why?
None. They all sucked, though if I HAVE to pick a favourite, I'm going by looks, and Chili looks best. The other two look kind of creepy, especially Cilan. Never really liked him. ;x

Mr Cat Dog
March 11th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Ditto, Forever.

7. Which Striaton gym leader was your favourite and why?
Fav-ou-rite...? I'm not sure the word has much meaning with respect to this question, in all honesty.

Forever
March 11th, 2012, 03:08 AM
CatDog your reply confuses me in relevance. :(

Nope. :x I think it'd be awesome, but I think it's just coincidental that there are three of each. :(

...Oh God I just had a strange thought that GF will reveal that they are the Shadow Triad in B2/W2. A weird feeling of dejavu!

Blue
March 11th, 2012, 03:34 AM

Yes and no, there is no real evidence of it yet some signs point towards that they could be.

miltankRancher
March 11th, 2012, 04:26 AM

I don't believe that they at are the Shadow Triad. Aside from being a triad, i think there are no evidences contributing to that speculation. but, I really want them to be the Shadow Triad. A fitting plot-twist.

johnny18
March 11th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I believe so since there are three people in the striaton Gym and three people in the shadow triad. In the game, when we enter N's castle, we do not see Striaton Gym leaders in there, don't we?

vaporeon7
March 11th, 2012, 05:23 AM
No, it would make no sense. Just because there are three of two things, it doesn't mean they are related. They might end up fighting each other in B2/W2... who knows?

Sweet Candace
March 11th, 2012, 05:41 AM

No, I don't think it would make any sense at all to be honest.

Kevin
March 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
I didn't care either way. Plus you get that monkey.

I like Cilan the best. Just because I don't like Chili or Cress.

Nope. Just because they weren't there to help doesn't mean they're the Shadow Triad. Plus if you go to the gym afterward Cress says sorry and stuff and that they were too late. It could be just a cover-up, but meh, it bought me.

Eucliffe
March 11th, 2012, 06:42 AM
8. Do you believe in the Striaton Gym leaders being the Dark Trinity? Why or why not?
To be honest, I think Nintendo totally did not intend for there to be three each, but it would be funny if they played on this in the remakes as a response to all the fanart that shows the Striaton gym leaders as the Dark Trinity o3o

Mr Cat Dog
March 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Wow, I really didn't pay attention to these games. Who were the Shadow Triad, again?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 11th, 2012, 06:53 AM
None of them. Honestly, I didn't see any discernible difference between them besides their hair and outfit color and preference for their monkey Pokemon.

No, despite my love of conspiracy theories. The three of them just don't behave like they're actually secret ninja bodyguards with a hidden agenda.

DARKSHADE
March 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM

Yes and no, I liked the fact it was fair, but the challenger in me wanted to battle all 3, I think that should have atleast been an option after defeating the leader you needed to defeat.

Chili, he's the only one who's design appealed to me.
Cress was cool ish, but his hair seemed TOO rounded, he also looked to happy for my liking, yeah, I'm picky.

That' be cool, but it's highly unlikely..
I'd like it to happen, though.

Yoshikko
March 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Haha, lovely. YES. They were the only ones not present when all the gym leaders showed up at the end of the game, and the Triad was there. They are typically the only pair of three together with the Shadow Triad in the whole game, and since there is so little elaboration on the Shadow Triad, that could easily be a hint. Also, in the manga, the masks of the Shadow Triad are the same shape as the pattern on the face of the elemental monkeys.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34hateh.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/fus86e.png

so uhh yeah how much hints do you want you know lol. oh and before you go saying that the manga is not very much related to the game in that sense, give a reason why they would put that in the manga if it weren't even true in the game.

IcyIce
March 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I don't remember I think it was the day afte rmaybe on the day. My mom got them for me and they had to go in the back and get them.

White yes I playes as I guy as I am. But in Black I played as a girl which I am not.

Na it was fine. But they could have added somethign to the south of the town where the water is.

I used all 3,but chose Tepig. Tepig was my favorite. But I got the other 2 after I finished the first gym. By tradeing with black.

No...it annoyed me.

It was interestingly new. I kinda liked if. We got a 2nd pokemon early in the game that was purely water,grass,or fire

Chili. I like Pansear more then the others.

Hmm never thought of that. Maybe,but it really wouldn't make sense. Maybe we will find out in Pokemon Black and White 2

I am new to this,but sense today is the 11th shouldn't we be on question 11?

March 11th, 2012, 10:14 AM
8) In the Manga and in the Games, yes. I think that the trio is the shadow triad...they are the only gym leaders who never appeared in something beyond their role of being gym leaders...the rest help the player in journey thoughout the game...
Also you never battle them...I wonder what pokemon they might have in their teams...cough Monkey's cough. They could've made the trio fight the shadow triad to make the gym leader vs Plasma battle even...but they didn't...

Wasteland
March 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Not really, it just seems a bit farfetched to me

Oryx
March 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I am new to this,but sense today is the 11th shouldn't we be on question 11?

It didn't start on March 1st, it started when the rest of the events started so it doesn't match up to the date exactly.

I liked this because it made me not scared of picking a certain type, like Charmander in the first games because of Brock/Misty.

Cress because his hair is just super cool looking.

Yeah I'm 100% for this theory, at least in the manga. Not so much in the anime and games it's like 50/50.

Doogle3097
March 11th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Nope, I like the challenge usually.

Chili, he looks awesome.

Haven't given it much thought before now, ooh possibly.

ShinyDiamond
March 11th, 2012, 01:12 PM

I don't even wanna believe they are! I never thought about it actually. There has never been one gym leader on the bad side (except Giovanni), & the Striaton Gym Leaders aren't it. I still wonder who the Shadow Triad really are though...

Oryx
March 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM

Not anymore. When I played White regularly I did every day and did it much longer than the rest of my friends but eventually I dropped off.

PlatinumDude
March 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I missed Day 8 yesterday, so I'll do it along with today's question:

I don't think so. Cress said that they got Bianca's message, but they were too late to arrive to help.

I don't go to the Dream World at all, actually, due to Wi-Fi issues.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 11th, 2012, 09:48 PM
9. Do You Use The Dream World Regularly?

I wish I did but no. Wi-Fi issues suck big time.

Cazzef
March 11th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Cilan, just the way he looks I guess, I also enjoy him on the anime, maybe more than Brock...

No, that wouldn't make much sense but if it somehow did, it would be quiet a twist!

Yeah, not now though, I don't have B/W since I traded it away. It took me a while to get used to it for some reason, I did enjoy it however.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Nope, used it once at a hotel using their wi-fi. Since then I haven't been able to access wi-fi at all.

Hikamaru
March 11th, 2012, 11:05 PM

No, the Wi-Fi always fails on me.

vaporeon7
March 11th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Sometimes, whenever I remember to wake up/put my Pokémon to bed I do. I always do when there is an event.

Forever
March 11th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Nope. ;x Used to but kinda got bored of it once I realised there was only like two things I wanted and I couldn't get them easily. :( Plan to use it again though for the C-Gear skin!

DARKSHADE
March 12th, 2012, 05:39 AM
9.) Do you use the Dream World regularly?

Nope, I haven't used it once actually.
I'm not even sure I know how to.
And don't go thinking I don't play the game often, because believe me I do..

Twiggy
March 12th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Well, no one knows for sure, so I don't exactly believe in this whole thing.

No, but I do still access it occasionally, especially during events.

Wasteland
March 12th, 2012, 06:29 AM
9.) Do you use the Dream World regularly?
Nope, at the beginning I did, but the mini-games are lame and then ...
I just kinda lost my will to play there

miltankRancher
March 12th, 2012, 06:37 AM

Nope! Never. I hate the Dream World with such a passion.

Joshawott
March 12th, 2012, 06:45 AM

I'll be honest, I don't even know what the Dream World is. I'll definitely be using it in Black and White 2 since I've finally set up my Wi-Fi and am going to start getting into competitive battles.

Sweet Candace
March 12th, 2012, 07:17 AM

No. I've never used it. Probably because I don't have Wi-Fi.

Yoshikko
March 12th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Used to but then I dropped it cause I don't play in-game anymore either so yeah.

johnny18
March 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Yes, for a while but then I start to feel bored. There is nothing interesting about DW except you can get DW ability pokemons.

Mr Cat Dog
March 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I've never used it. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever even used Wi-Fi with a Pokemon game before...

IcyIce
March 12th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Ok thanks. Was just making sure before I answered to soon. Anyways,

No I only have used it about 4 times maybe less. Once for a Mankey,Arceus and then another pokemon that I ain't 100% on sense it was a while ago.

ShinyDiamond
March 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Sometimes on the weekends. It really is enjoyable, I hope more stuff will be available!