• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HE'S DROPPING AN OVPBOMB

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Do you ever find yourself randomly posting a huge amount of content in a single forum, OVP or elsewhere, in a short space of time and then stopping abruptly? Is there ever a reason why? I know I do it here sometimes!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Definitely not on this forum, but I do drop a complete wall of text in FF&W. That's sort of backed up with the fact that it's mainly reviewing (not counting fics here...). I like to review and describe things to authors. So if I feel up to it, I'll nuke someone's story. Though, that's not exactly abrupt since I continually do it.

And that's as close to dropping a bomb on forums...

Ayselipera

If I do it, it's only ever in ovp. There really isn't a reason besides being in the mood to post a lot or if I'm extremely bored.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well it depends. Most I'll do is four, either in OVP or B/W. They're basically the only places I'll post threads (other than in CBC but that's still a lot less than OVP & B/W). For B/W I only make threads when I've played the games and gained inspiration from them. For OVP it's basically whenever I get ideas I think are good enough to post - however I do get ideas all the time, I just don't necessarily use them. ;x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I pretty much call Other Trivia home at this point so I tend to drop a **** ton of posts in there when I get bored enough, sometimes it may be in Pokemon Trivia or OVP but that's not too often nowadays.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
A few members have commented upon my occasional OVP-raping sessions. I'm actually about due for one right about now, actually... Mostly, I do it when I've been lacking in activity in a certain section (like this one), but sometimes I get flashes of inspiration and just start posting like I've been possessed or something!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I never really do this. If I have an idea for a thread I post it, but I don't think I've ever gone on a spree where I dropped 15 threads and then walked away.

I try to post in every thread in OVP as it comes up, but sometimes things happen and I fall behind, so I go on a spree of posting in other people's threads to catch up, which is what I'm in the middle of doing right now :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
It's really just OVP because I like answering questions idek. I used to be a big DCC ho, but those days have long gone. And if I ever stop abruptly, it's because I'm just not on PC for a while, haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I did it once or twice in PGen, but I don't have thread ideas that often and I don't like forcing it so I just make a thread when I have a good idea for one.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I've never been one to really make too many threads, but as far as replying goes, there are times when I can walk into NU/W, or OVP and throw out like 30 posts. Or I'll have days where I post about 50 times all over PC, and I feel like I overkilled it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't really post threads at all. As for posting sprees I do it from time to time. Sometimes it's just to one section (such as Other Trivia or Pokemon Trivia. The latter is the one I go it more to) or I just wander around PC posting in whatever seems interesting at the time. This doesn't happen too often. Just when I'm bored and I apparently have nothing better to do with my life.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I've been known to do this every now and then, especially when there seem to be a large number of questions that apply to me and that I can answer. Sometimes I just want to express my thoughts, and so I attack the OVP xD

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I am posting in like 100 OVP threads right now, so I suppose that constitutes dropping a posting bomb. ;)

Years
Not really. Here in OVP, I spread things out. I'd rather post once or twice a day and leave threads for another day than to post in all the threads I'm interested in but then not post for days because there are no new interesting threads. I'd only really "bomb" the forum if someone made 10+ threads in one day, leaving me with a lot to say.

As for making new threads? It's amazing if I make two in a day. Hell, it's amazing if I make one a month...

Back