PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Will Ghetsis Return?

KingCyndaquil
March 5th, 2012, 06:51 AM
As many of you know, Ghetsis escaped from Looker at the very end of the game, and went somewhere alone.

do you think he will make a return in BW2? Share your thoughts below!

I think that he will return and play a large role with the new Kyurem Formes, but i may be wrong, thats a likely answer though

Forever
March 5th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I really don't think he'll return. I think that while he was important in B/W, the one that stood out was N, and since the shadow triad gave you the important orbs rather than Ghetsis, I feel like he wanted to drop out of the picture completely, while on the other hand his "successor" aka N was sorta written to return someday. Plus Ghetsis is on the run or something. ;x

By the way guys, remember storyline speculation exists so if you wanna go into a full on storyline discussion, then post your thoughts there. If you have general thoughts as to how Ghetsis will return, rather than his ultimate role, that's perfectly fine for here - as well as if you don't think he'll return. :3

miltankRancher
March 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I think Ghetsis will come back with an even bigger role. I mean, he is the main antagonist in BW, just hiding behind N and all that jazz. I hope this time around, seeing as N escape Unova on the dragon, I think Ghetsis will come back with his Shadow Triad and serve as the main antagonist again.

pryce10
March 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I do think he will return I mean him escaping to goodness knows where is one of many unfinished storyline and if BW2 is indeed the sequal him returning only makes sence.

Blue
March 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
He could do, after all he was a large part of the storyline and had a deep involvement with N, heck he was his guardian so it's likely.

scprepschool
March 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM
That is the very same question that had me questioning if somehow N Would become the protagonist for black 2 w2.
Im not sure how many of you did the sages side quest. Now I feel stupid not being able to recognize hints to a sequel in their dialogue.
One of the sages speaks to you about N confronting Ghetsis in the future and how he would love to whitness that.
Cant remember which one

Jakerius
March 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I don't know, but I hope N becomes good :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't rule it out. Ghetsis said something to the effect that he would fulfill his ambitions at any cost. He's likely laying low, plotting things out, and assembling a new group of followers to prepare for another scheme. Which very well could be the basis for the sequel games.

The Grubby Pup
March 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
probably...He did get away at the end of B/W.

If this game a direct sequel, like Nintendo said it was...does this mean you halfta battle gym leaders again, cuz I honestly couldn't see a point in doing that...Unless, there's new main characters.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM
^No one has said it's a direct sequel...that just fan speculation at the moment

I think Ghetsis will return for his vengence, possibly with a trump card. He'll proably crown homself king of Plasma...

The Grubby Pup
March 5th, 2012, 04:29 PM
^No one has said it's a direct sequel...that just fan speculation at the moment

I think Ghetsis will return for his vengence, possibly with a trump card. He'll proably crown homself king of Plasma...whoops, my bad. Mmm, I coulda sworn I heard somebody saying that. Well, whatever how the game gonna be like, it should be interesting. :p

FourCartridge
March 5th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I don't think so. He's kinda stuck in a rut, has nothing to work with, a horrible reputation so nobody sane will work with him, and he's on the run. Sure he escaped, but that's really all he can do. The Orbs might warrant a side story, but that's about it. He's hit rock bottom.

Alli
March 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Well, he is fat. Most fat people return. jk. Maybe. I think he probably will come back. I mean...I doubt Looker isn't hard to escape from. If not as a major antagonist or a battleable character, then at least some sort of cameo. I would rather fight the other sages though, assuming they get out as well...oh and I'd like N to return as a green caped hero.

Forever
March 6th, 2012, 01:53 AM
That is the very same question that had me questioning if somehow N Would become the protagonist for black 2 w2.
Im not sure how many of you did the sages side quest. Now I feel stupid not being able to recognize hints to a sequel in their dialogue.
One of the sages speaks to you about N confronting Ghetsis in the future and how he would love to whitness that.
Cant remember which one

Ooh really? I never paid attention to their speeches, plus I didn't manage to find all of them. XD That's pretty interesting!

I don't think so. He's kinda stuck in a rut, has nothing to work with, a horrible reputation so nobody sane will work with him, and he's on the run. Sure he escaped, but that's really all he can do. The Orbs might warrant a side story, but that's about it. He's hit rock bottom.

Yeah unless he recruits random people who are new to the region with "potential" I think everyone will ignore him & then he'll be captured. ;x

HyperXhydra
March 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM
if B2W2 is a sequel, most probably.

Mentalii
March 10th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I didn't know that BW2 were actually a sequel, anyway that's a good thing, that could be very interesting.
And concerning Ghetsis, I'm pretty sure he'll be in these games. I barely imagine new version without him. He'll return stronger and more devilish than in BW. Maybe N will stand against him, or ally him again...

Ashawott
March 10th, 2012, 06:27 AM
If the pic that leaked is really from BW 2 which since it has 8 symbols and shows the stones of the dragons and has castles in the locations I'm going with his return.

Golden Warrior
March 10th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I didn't know that BW2 were actually a sequel...

Well, that's still speculation, but it might be.

Now for my opinion. I do believe he will return. Not really because he played a big role in B/W. But, because he seemed to have a more "sinister" motive than what was shown in B/W. But, still: It's all speculation.

KingCyndaquil
March 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
if anybody remembers the tail end of the game when the Shadow Triad gives you the orbs, they said they had no idea why Ghetsis had them or why he wanted you to have them, they can elaborate on that.

MoreThanLuck
March 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
he will return if it's a direct sequel, so I think so.

KingCyndaquil
March 14th, 2012, 01:38 PM
did anybody see the new scans? if so, then you probably know the games aren't a recolor (or a "directors cut"), what do you think this says about the return of Ghetsis?

Nearsighted king of Ice
March 16th, 2012, 08:46 PM
He'll be back, and little N too

Taro Tanaka
March 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Since Zekrom and Reshiram are slated to come back in Black 2 and White 2 respectively, then N is guaranteed to return. And with that, Ghetsis is most likely to return again as well. So I'm betting my money on yes.

Gleam Noiyam
March 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Ghetsis will probably return in B/W2 because he played a major role in the first games. So, yes.

Masterge77
March 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure he will, but I know N will DEFINITELY return...

Drakes
March 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
here's speculation, What if.... ghetsis escaped to a completely different region to try the samething. Your guy will be a new person in a new region trying to stop him there too. With N helping you along the way. But the good thing about this region is that you have generation 4 and 5 pokemon.

Lucariland
March 20th, 2012, 09:40 AM
There might be that he returns, but I dont think he will have a big role, I think N is the one we should get "worry" for. He probably have the opisit of the one you catches :)
Sry for bad english

KingCyndaquil
April 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
do you guys think the new scans will reveal anything about Ghetsis?

Blue
April 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Surely if he was a main character in Black & White and these are direct sequels he will have some role in these upcoming games, they can't just exclude him altogether.

Forever
April 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM
do you guys think the new scans will reveal anything about Ghetsis?

I'd say probably not, at least imo I don't think his role/return will be revealed til people get the games. :x

Kenshin5
April 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I always felt in whatever way shape and form the version(s) would have been that Ghetsis would be included within the story, since he was a central villain along with N(who wasn't really a villain per say, but had differing aspects on pokemon relationships and what not) in BW. My guess is that both Ghetsis and the Shadow Triad will make some sort of appearance in BW2. For me there is much left to be desired as to where he went and what he was doing after he left.

Taro Tanaka
April 12th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I personally think that Ghetsis will certainly return. I mean, N is guaranteed to return, seeing as how he lods half of the version mascot to B2 and W2, but he's pretty much a good guy by then. The story still needs an antagonist to make it an actual story. So, of course, who will be the one to claim that role?

Comerion
April 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Probably, yes. N will too I bet.

Zephele
April 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I think I'd be more surprised if he didn't show up. His role in the first game seemed too important for him to just disappear in the sequel. Not to mention the fact that he did get away. Even if he's not the major antagonist again, he's likely to have a cameo. And if not Ghetsis... maybe N?

DarkenedEarth
April 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
One of the first things I noticed when BW2 were first announced is that Black Kyurem (which is highly likely to be closely connected with Zekrom) is the mascot for Black 2, and White Kyurem (which is likely to be closely related, if not is Reshiram) is the mascot for White 2. In Black, N took Zekrom with him, and vice-versa in White...does this facilitate N's coming back? Will the Black and White mascots be combined with Kyurem somehow? Will N's legendary be taken from him by Ghetsis or some other villainous person, and used for dark purposes?

KingCyndaquil
April 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM
One of the first things I noticed when BW2 were first announced is that Black Kyurem (which is highly likely to be closely connected with Zekrom) is the mascot for Black 2, and White Kyurem (which is likely to be closely related, if not is Reshiram) is the mascot for White 2. In Black, N took Zekrom with him, and vice-versa in White...does this facilitate N's coming back? Will the Black and White mascots be combined with Kyurem somehow? Will N's legendary be taken from him by Ghetsis or some other villainous person, and used for dark purposes?

yeah thats what I was thinking, if the follow the part where N got the other Legendary, which they would have too to make the game make any sort of sense, N will make a return to (maybe) help you out with the battle with ????(Ghetsis?)????

RedJ
April 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe he will, maybe he wont. If he does, I could see it being a Wi-Fi event or something, sort of like the battle with Giovanni in HG/SS.

LordSalamence
April 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
but N released his dragon.but maybe he will get it back somehow.and ghetsis will trick him again.

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I hope he will. This time, I wouldn't mind battling the shadow triad. I think it would be cool to battle them early in the game and once you beat one they leave you with a message Ghetsis sent them with, maybe about the rebirth of team plasma.

KingCyndaquil
April 13th, 2012, 03:28 PM
but N released his dragon.but maybe he will get it back somehow.and ghetsis will trick him again.
N flew off with his dragon he never released it

Kano Shuuya
April 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I hope he doesn't. I had too much fun beating him for how he was treating N the first time, and I expect him to stay gone and defeated. XD; I'd like to see a new enemy this time around.

Toshiro.
April 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I sure hope so. He was a great villain.

Arc
April 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Personally, I think we will just get a tidbit of dialogue that will reveal what happened to him. But I don't think we will see him as the main villain role again.

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I hope he doesn't. I had too much fun beating him for how he was treating N the first time, and I expect him to stay gone and defeated. XD; I'd like to see a new enemy this time around.

Personally, I think we will just get a tidbit of dialogue that will reveal what happened to him. But I don't think we will see him as the main villain role again.
But keep in mind at the end of B/W, Ghetsis escaped. I'd really like to see what he'd do after escaping, short dialogue just won't cut it for me.

The whole thing behind Team Plasma and the gang, I just want more of it. After all this has been the best storyline compared to the other mainstream games, and cutting it short won't make the sequels relate to the first games as much as I'd like it to. That's just me though.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I'd love to see a return of Ghetsis. Maybe get a little more background on him and the Shadow Triad. Maybe he might have a relationship with the evil team, but instead of being involved with it, he learned his previous ways were wrong and he wants to help defeat the villains from the shadows!