PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [Volcarona] VS Genesect

Kaori
March 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PdyW9.png

B u g S t e e l / / B u g F i r e
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know what you're thinking! "What do these two have in common? Why compare a legendary to Volcarona? Why is this all happening??!"
- Well, they're both bug types!

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)
http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?
http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Against each other, who would win the battle?
http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Genesect or Volcarona?

D i s c u s s D e b a t e D i s c u s s !

Artemicion
March 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Volcanora!!!

why? it looks awesome, and its Legen
...wait for it
...dary! :D

Blue
March 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Tough one! I've never used any of them yet I think I'll go for Genesect, I love how it looks like a Power Ranger or something along those lines.

Overlord Drakow
March 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Genesect. He has a freaking cannon attached to his back. He is one badass insect.

Alder
March 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Obvious answer is obvious. Volcarona is amazing in so many myriad ways, especially for its status as a non-legendary, while Genesect is just...boring. I don't understand how anyone could pick Genesect. :(

Yoshikko
March 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Genesect looks like a robot not an insect and Volcarona is one of the few gen V Pokémon that I really really like because it's original and it's simplistic but strong and it sticked to the original concept of Pokémon so HENCE I VOTE VOLCARONA. and it owns in metagame

Djinnception
March 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Genesect. He has a freaking cannon attached to his back. He is one badass insect.
If you read the Black Version of Volcarona's Pokedex entry, Volcarona was a replacement for the FRIKKEN SUN....That's an even more badass insect. It frikken toasts everything in the game. Volcarona has a nice blend of colors. To be quite honest, Genesect just looks like a re-designed Metang/Metagross to me.
"When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun."
-Serebii.net

Since Genesect is a bug/steel-type, its incredibly weak to Volcarona and its Fire. Volcarona would toast Genesect, so Volcarona totally gets my vote.

Kenshin5
March 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I like the color pattern, move set, and original design with Genesect. On top of the awesome stats and as mentioned earlier it is a good pokey for Competitive play. I can't say much for Genesect since it is unreleased, but I do like it better then past legends just not enough to like it as much as Volcarona. Volcarona may not be legendary but it is one of the few stationary pokemon in the game, and sets up like I legendary in Relic Castle at level 70 like many other legends have in the past.

Volcarona
March 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Obvious answer is obvious. Volcarona is amazing in so many myriad ways, especially for its status as a non-legendary, while Genesect is just...boring. I don't understand how anyone could pick Genesect. :(

Master. <3

Of course I will vote Volcarona. I have stellar colors and design, I can learn the epic Quiver Dance, I'm fierce in battle, I and my pre-evolution are the only Bug/Fire type, I can replace the sun, I can help quickly hatch your Pokemon AND fly you around, and I look great in a Dive Ball, of all things. I do have a beautiful blue bottom and blue eyes, after all. You can get me as an egg or as a legendary in-game. Breed an army of me. I know you want to. You don't have to hack to get me. B)

I personally cannot fathom someone's reasoning for not including me on their team.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/637MS.png

psyanic
March 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I prefer Volcarona way over Genesect. Its design is really cool and pretty unique, so much in a way it almost resembles a flower. Genesect looks too robotic for my tastes, though I'm sure that's what the creators were getting at. I'd really think Volcarona would win with its obvious type advantage against Genesect's 4x weakness.

Bluerang1
March 11th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Volcarona looks amazing, one of the best of Gen V. Also, I don't know enough about Genesect to like it. And it's ugly. And it name's scary.

PlatinumDude
March 11th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?): I don't really know; it's hard to decide, but if I had a choice, it's probably be Genesect because of its cannon.
Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?: Volcarona
Against each other, who would win the battle?: Volcarona; Genesect has a 4x weakness to Fire
Genesect or Volcarona?:Genesect. Because of that cannon and pretty good movepool.

Alli
March 11th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Volcarona is pretty and a Fire type, therefore it wins in all aspects.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 11th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I love Volcorona to where I feel my heart's gonna burst just by looking at it but I prefer Genesect a tad more tbh due to the fact alone that its design reminds me of the Genosaurer from Zoids back when I used to watch that show, that and its origins are pretty interesting too lol. Please forgive me for my sin though Volcarona.

Jellicent♀
March 11th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Volcarona. So fluffy, so pretty, so epic. Genesect is cool, but, ya know, VOLCARONA. <3

Forever
March 11th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I feel bad for Genesect :( but no, Volcarona is the best because it looks awesome and is awesome :3 plus amazing competitively.

Killjoy
March 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I really, really like the design of Valcarona, so I'd choose it anyway, but I also don't like legendary Pokémon, so I definitely pick Valcarona.

Hikamaru
March 11th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I picked Volcarona cos I actually have one (Genesect hasn't even been officially revealed yet). Mine's female with a Hardy nature, I might try and train her sometime.

Yeah, Volcarona's design appeals better to girls like me. Sorry, Genesect.

Twiggy
March 12th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Volcarona in this thing? No conteeeeeeeest.

Burns up Genesect like there's no tomorrow
Is really huggable and plushie-like
Sounds like a nice guy to be honest

I am going all the way to Volcarona town!

JayTheKing
March 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Volcarona definately.It has a 4x type advantage and a Fire Bug type is cooler than a steel one.

Mr Cat Dog
March 12th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Wait, people are actually voting for something other than the awesomeness that is Volcarona? BRB, banning those 5 members... so far.

hchaos2
March 12th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Honestly, this is a no brainer. Volcarona all the way. But for people to say, they can't vote for Genesect because not much is known about it, just look at its stats. Serebii has the info that you need to compare it.

Volcarona Sp. Atk trumps Genesect: 405 compared to 372
Volcarona Spd trumps Genesect: 328 compared to 326
Volcarona HP trumps Genesect: 374 compared to 346
Even Volcarona's typing beats Genesect in what looks like one a hit KO.
Genesect's move pool is lacking as well. Honestly, I'm questioning how Genesect was chosen to be a legendary Pokemon when its so weak. Hopefully it has something to do with Black and White 2. Kyurem was weak compared to most other legends as well before its 2 forms were revealed. So maybe Genesect gets a little something in Black and White 2. But without getting off topic, since Black and White 2 aren't released, as it stands Volcarona is better in every way.

Joshawott
March 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I haven't used either of them, but Volcarona still wins, hands down.

IcyIce
March 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Valcarona. It is one of the best bug pokemon designs I have seen. And I just love the Bug/Fire type.

-ty-
March 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Volcarona wins without question. I really did enjoy the great variety of bug types this generation! I would consider Galvatula, Leavanny, Scolipede, Escavalier, and Volarona to be great additions to the bug type. However, the addition of so many bug/steel or steel/bug types detracted from the assortment of bug types. Genesect and Anito( I don't know what his name is really) definitely would not be missed if they were excluded from this generation!

Simipour
March 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Volcarona, hands down! It's one of the best designed Pokemon of all the generations. It doesn't need to be a legendary to prove it's good.
Genesect is one of my least favorite of the legendary Pokemon. It looks powerful, yeah, but doesn't really have the same charm as Volcarona does.

loucas
March 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
V O L C A R O N A

i love it's hair, like, "yeah i am the king(or queen) and look at my crown! kneel before me, petty genesect.

(but i wonder how genesect looks like if it wasn't modified, i wish it's on four feet rather than standing up.)

Forever
March 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
i love it's hair, like, "yeah i am the king(or queen) and look at my crown! kneel before me, petty genesect.

Except for the fact that the Water/Rock-based Genesect (I forgot how it works lool) would probably defeat it pretty easily. ;x Totally forgot typings though, makes Volcarona so much better!

potent445
March 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I like Volcaronas desing better. It would also win 1 on 1 since its faster and its fire stab would roast Genesect. Although Genesect has better typing and would probably be better agaist more pokemon and has anyone seen its special move pool? It has great type coverage.

For me quiver dance gets Volcarona over the line

Wings Don't Cry
March 12th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'd like to remind everyone of a message that didn't seem to get across very clearly. Genesect has a cannon on it's back, so clearly you should be choosing Volcarona.

Forever
March 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Pfft, lots of little kids like cannons (or little boys at least), so you'd think the cannons would attract more people to vote for it, lol.

wombateiro
March 12th, 2012, 11:08 PM
So it's like ancient symbol of sun vs genetic Tinkertoy, lol. Of course the ancient sun is better.

Cazzef
March 13th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I love both these Pokemon (despite not having used Genesect) so its a hard choice but at the end of the day Volcarona has my vote, it actually outspeeds Genesect by 1 point, and its fire type attacks will hit for 4x the damage. Genesects abilities are interesting as well though.

Mentalii
March 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Volcarona, its double type is awesome. And it's powerful.
And Genesect is just freaking disappointing. It doesn't look like a Pokémon, I mean, it looks like a robot ! If it was a kind of robot in the Pokémonworld, ok, this isn't disturbing. But calling that a Pokémon is... odd. Really.
Anyway I'd like to see its former form, before being changed by Team Plasma. Hmm, maybe we'll see that in BW2 !

HeroesAndCons
March 13th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Volcarona - Bug Fire is awesome and unique, while bug steel is boring and generic. Not to mnetion the 4x weakness to fire Genesect sports, Volcarona's Quiver Dance couples with massive power and versatility, and the fact he just plain looks cooler than Genesect does, IMO XD I've always loved fire types though, and the only steel type I've ever liked is Steelix =/

Ghiaccio
March 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ah, well I like both! But I'd have to say Volcarona looks better, and idk it probably could be Genesect

miltankRancher
March 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I have to go with Volcarona. Over-all, I think Volcarona is a more promising and better pokemon. Design-wise, I love how it looks so kingly and all while Genesect looks like a squashed ant. Also, with the Foery Dance or Quiver Dance combo, Volcarona is a beast.

Kaori
March 14th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Volcarona is one of my favorite bug types, if not the. Genesect really can't be compared because whilst legendary, in terms of competitive battling (and even just a regular one really) Volcarona is a full out beast.

In a battle between the two, I see the obvious winner being Volcarona. Well first to begin with they're both bug types, but Volcarona has the advantage. x4 Fire weakness on Genesect couldn't be any more easier for Volcarona to sweep. Of course it all varies on what drive you give Genesect, but you know. Volcarona doesn't need some kind of CD drive to be great.

Plus Volcarona also has a pre-evolution and it's adorable. I think it has the win/win situation here, since its design is also amazing. To be honest when Genesect was first released I thought it was bland, and even now too. It rubbed off on me a little but first of all, the shade of purple isn't the best and second, it has no appeal to me as Volcarona does. The shades of red, orange, blue, etc. they are just really appealing to the eye.

So in the end based on everything that could be told about these two Pokémon, Volcarona gets my vote. :B

shinysweety
March 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I voted for Volcarona, since it's waaaaaay more awesome than Genesect. That's all. ^^

Otherworld9)
March 14th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)
- Genesect mostly catches my attention, since I prefer his design, movepool, and typing.

Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?
- Volcarona is pleasant to my eyes, but I prefer Genesect's color scheme.

Against each other, who would win the battle?
- Unfortunately, to my dismay, Volcarona would win thanks to having the upper hand and advantages.

Genesect or Volcarona?
- Genesect.

vaporeon7
March 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I'm 100% behind Volcarona in this!

Volcarona is my favourite Unova Pokémon and my 6th favourite of all Pokémon. I don't even need to write a story, it's beautiful, powerful, amazing...

Ultimo1991
March 16th, 2012, 04:17 AM
i will have to choose Genesect... why? one because volcarona is overused 2 genesect gets some decent moves using his special drive items that could overpower volcarona with ease^^

Kaori
March 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
i will have to choose Genesect... why? one because volcarona is overused 2 genesect gets some decent moves using his special drive items that could overpower volcarona with ease^^
Genesect has to have technological changes in its system while Volcarona can just sweep Pokémon with its natural body. ;)

VOLCARONA FTW

G.U.Y.
March 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Volcorona takes the cake, however Genesect's backstory is superior. Being modified by Team Plasma, being a prehistoric Pokemon. I want to know what it would look like without modifications. Come on, different form!

Cyprium
March 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM
They're both pretty cool Pokémon and stick to the trend of Unova having AWESOME bugs. Personally, I'm going to say Volcarona. I find it very aesthetically appealing for some reason. Bug/Fire is a pretty neat and unique typing too, while Bug/Steel is shared by a couple other Pokémon. Genesect's story is overall pretty neat and its signature move is even more neat, I can't help but favour Volcarona. Regardless, it's pretty close.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
March 17th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I personally prefer Genesect, it has a great backstory with team plasma, but regardless both are awesome.

Game Over1375
March 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM
http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Which one gives you a better impression (or in this case, which one just catches your attention?)
While my eyes instantly go towards Volcarona, I have to say that Genesect does look awesome. Depends on personal taste really. For me? Volcarona catches my attention better.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Color-based & design wise, which one looks better to you?
Oooo... That's a toughy. Both look freakin' amazing. I like how Genesect looks so sleek as heck. It screams: "I will destroy you and eat your remains." Volcarona? It screams: "You shall die a horrible, slow, painful, and burning death." Design wise? Genesect wins for me, but barely.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Against each other, who would win the battle?
Comes down who's faster honestly. Both would probably take the other out in one attack. Looking at base stats, I see who is faster. By one point, Volcarona wins.

As much as I like Genesect's design, Volcarona not only catches my attention better, but also beats Genesect in battle. Volcarona wins for me.

Hikamaru
March 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Volcarona is gonna win by a landslide...

Nica, if you are reading this I will be right...

Forever
March 18th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Volcarona is gonna win by a landslide...

Nica, if you are reading this I will be right...

:3 Of course, I read all B/W posts!

I'm so proud of Volcarona, winning so well. Either way, unstickying, you can still vote but it won't make a difference... XD Next poll coming soon!

Halcyon
March 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I would choose Volcarona. It attracts my attention more. It's Bug/Fire, hello? It's like the craziest, unique typing ever! Bug and Fire are two types that doesn't go well together, yet Volcarona is successful in making them do. Genesect is cute and all, but I can't own one since it's unobtainable as of now, and that disappoints me. >:(

Comerion
April 12th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Genesect is much better D: way cooler looking, volcarona is just overpowered and, its a freakin butterfly. A BUTTERFLY

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Genesect is much better D: way cooler looking, volcarona is just overpowered and, its a freakin butterfly. A BUTTERFLY

Well actually it's a moth :3; And it can beat Genesect in a battle too! Overpowered is a good thing imo.

Giraffe
April 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Volcarona, definitely!
Look at it's fluffy neck ruff :3

skyluigi2
April 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Genesect for me.
Volcarona, personally, I hate. It goes into the same category as Lucario and Zoroark.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM

-Volcarona, I love its design and its intriguing gaze.
-Definitely Volcarona, orange is my favourite colour and I like that it is predominant in him.

-Depends what moves they use.

-Volcarona :bandit:

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Genesect looks cool so he gets my vote. :D

Gonzo
April 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I vote for Volcarona, because it's released. I can't really judge the potential of Genesect until it comes out.

bewbs
April 13th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I think this is an unfair comparison because one is a legendary event pokemon and the other isn't, but I like Volcarona more because he seems to be really unique.

GarretCZ
April 14th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I vote for a Volcarona.. It is one of the strongest non legendary Pokemon in Unova. It looks much better than Genesect. Genesect is just a Bug type Deoxys.
If they have a battle, Volcaronas Heat wave will take him out in one hit :)

bolter1
April 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Volcarona, no doubt about it.

ShinyMewtwo
April 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Volcarona would beat Genesect if they battled. And it looks better as well.

pknight96
April 20th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I thought Genesect would be cool when I saw it. Then it got itself outclassed by a bug who SHOULD be a legendary. Volcarona pwns Genesect in EVERYTHING.

Archiebald
April 22nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
Definitely Volcarona, it looks cool but most of all it looks like a pokemon.
Genesect reminds me of a metabot : /