PDA

View Full Version : What is your style???

Dark Magician
January 9th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Everyone has its own style, whats yours???

Ashley
January 9th, 2005, 09:37 PM
;) I try to stay as casual as a girl can be.

Dark Magician
January 9th, 2005, 09:41 PM
;) I try to stay as casual as a girl can be.

Many of my female friends are ska, punk, or goth. So, I guess there is no diffrence on genders when it comes to styles or things of such nature.

ravenstorture
January 9th, 2005, 09:41 PM
This is stupid. Stereotypes and labels are stupid. Everything about it is stupid. It is the reason some kids dread going to school everyday.

GenoMew
January 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
This is stupid. Stereotypes and labels are stupid. Everything about it is stupid. It is the reason some kids dread going to school everyday.

You're stupid. =P.

People who hate stereotypes are also that ones that created something called "being politically correct." Now i can't say "STD" because it stereotypes that everyone with an STD is dieseased and they are incurable... instead it's STI, Sexually Transmitted Infections. Hence it basically limits your freedom of speech.

Now don't get me wrong, i am most definitely not in anyway a republican or have any right values. Indeed i am quite oppisite, but i am more libertarian in that i am for Almost-Absolute Freedom Of Speech, with the exception of yelling "Fire!" in a crowded movie theatre.

Nothing offensive or against you, Ryan... I hope you know.

And my style is i guess, semi-emo to more of me being myself.

Dark Magician
January 9th, 2005, 09:50 PM

*with a mean face* You flamer.... J/K

Well, you most have a style aswell, what is it???

Thomas
January 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I am pretty much casual. I hang out people that fit almost all of those catagories above.

Ashley
January 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I can't stand goth! Whenever I see someone like it at school I go mad.

GenoMew
January 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM

You're not so bad afterall... except for the fact that you're intolerant. But i feel for ya bud--I feel for ya.

otakugirl14
January 9th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Ugh. I hate stereotypes. I personally think they are all idiotic, no offense. Just be who you want to be, not what people label you. It's like sticking a sticker on someone's forehead, and they are branded for life. Many people stereotype people by what they wear, not who they really are. Why don't you just do it that way?

GenoMew
January 9th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Cough, not only is the stereotype a repetitive response, but perhaps so will this. Let me express my distraught feelings for a moment:

So instead of listing off common "Fashion Style's" is the creator of this thread supposed to list off every single personality trait and emotional charecteris we as humans have, so that the user can go throuhg thousands of pages looking to find his exact "Fashion type" (which somehow involves emotions and personal traits [hmm, thought it was fashion?]) and then vote for it?

I like it, start a new poll!!

This wasn't meant to be offensive towards you and i have nothing against you... Just so you know. Not looking for a fight either ;)

Demonic Angel
January 9th, 2005, 10:53 PM
People used to label me a goth, though I never dressed goth or really acted goth before. o.O
I tend to change from time to time...I don't exactly label myself -- I don't like labelling anyone. People just are who they are, they can't always be catagorized...but this is my opinion, so meh. :P

Stripes
January 9th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I hope no one actually is taking every word on this seriously. I myself would say I'm casual.

HightopNinja
January 10th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Whatever's comfortable. Usually just a pair of jeans/dickies and a band t-shirt or plaid shirt. I'm still living in the 90's grunge era. I have two pairs of shoes. A pair of workboots, and a pair of velcro sneakers. 6 jackets. A trenchcoat, a leather coat, this cool brown jacket, a black denim jacket, 80's style blue denim jacket, and a wool coat. I have many band t-shirts, comic character t-shirts, and geek related humor shirts. Alot of black and/or dark colors.

I'm not sure what I'd label myself..so I'll just go with Comfortable.

Ryoutarou
January 10th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I really think this whole "style" mess is stupid. Just how the hell do you compact a person's whole attitude and daily activies into ONE grouping? YOU CAN'T, everyone is always chaning and no one's the same style for long Most people are just trying to conform to something they think will get them excepted into daily things like this, so I guess you can call everyone a wannabe.

Really a lot of people think they're a "style" or "different" it's total BS. THey're just trying to conform to be accepted by a group of people that wouldn't otherwise let them in, which is STUPID to begin with...but thats just me - - I guess I could go for "all around" since more or less EVERYONE in the world is that since no one person fits the total definition or a sect or anything.

GenoMew
January 10th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Cough, nevermind...

Yeah.

Ryoutarou
January 10th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Meh, guess I got it all wrong then XD

As for the actual topic, I'm all around since I just usually buy whatever I like at the moment, now if you'll excuse me it's 4 30 am I'm a tad bit tired

Emperor ServingSpoon
January 10th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Should the first option "Raper" be "Rapper", or should I just think oddly about anyone who actually selects the first option?

Ryoutarou
January 10th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah....someone just MIGHT want to edit that less there be some confusion ^^;

Lizzie
January 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM
i'm casual, i'm not cool and i'm not a wannabe, i'm in between so i guess i'm realy untocied -_-;; i don't have any problems with goths ^_^ i'm friends with quite a few of them, now, what's stereo type??

IceKitten
January 10th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I'm wondering who would vote raper oO;
I can't imagine someone coming here and posting saying that.

Anyway, I'm a shy person who's nearly always quiet, and enjoys being with friends now and again.

I know that's hard to believe!

I guess I go in casual *bounces*

deathbyalice
January 10th, 2005, 08:27 AM
People normally say I'm a goth, so I put my self under that in the poll.. I Don;t normally put a label on myself though.

Jolty-kun
January 10th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I dont know xP, maybe all around, but maybe not xD, i dunno =P

jynx
January 10th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Loser...
I've never won anything in my life...

Kura
January 10th, 2005, 12:56 PM
i think im my own style ._. or something
.__. im not really all of them combined..
im just.. my ownn..
*isnt sure if she makes sense*
@@ gah.. i dont know how to explain it..
erm.. i dress how i feel that day.. i guess

TRIFORCE89
January 10th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I am myself. Nobody's ever come up to me and said, "You're (insert rep group here)!" I consider myself to unique and can change how I am and my opinions and beliefs at will as they are always developing. Limiting yourself to a rep group puts a hold on how you can expand outwards.

I like different kinds of music (movie scores, video game and if I had to choose "actual music" it'd be some kind of rock-ish thing. However, I don't listen to it at all really And nothing heavy. Heavy is O_O). I don't dress to be part of any rep group or be cool. I dress in what makes me feel comfortable. For instance, the t-shirt over long sleeve look...I think it's a nice look. I like how it looks, but I don't dress that way because I feel uncomfortable. The t-shirt over the long shirt makes me feel all lumpy. I tend not to wear shirts over shirts (ex, sweatshirts) because of that. I do however wear just the long sleeves, or (obviously) t-shirts.

mvtm
January 10th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I am allround , but i enjoy punk music the most , but i dont dressed punk aliked. lol i am so different.

My all my bestfriends are Goth and Punk , and i am the only all around in them ^^

GenoMew
January 10th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I'm wondering who would vote raper oO;
I can't imagine someone coming here and posting saying that.

Anyway, I'm a shy person who's nearly always quiet, and enjoys being with friends now and again.

I know that's hard to believe!

I guess I go in casual *bounces*

You can't imagine someone raping? Not into hiphop or Gangsta rap?

Yeah, Rapist is different from a Raper...

Hence why they're two different words ;)

Frost
January 10th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I'd say camouflage. Dunno how to explain it. just, Camouflage
EDIT: And if they meant into hip hop then they shoulda put rapper, duh lol XD

[Technya]
January 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM

Well not to bash you but that was pretty rude =/ What did one of us do to you? Yeah, we're "scary" and all that other crap we've been called through out the years but that doesn't mean you have to show that kind of atittude toward us. I personally am not picky when it comes to the styles of friends of mine. I'll be a friend so long as that kind of atittude is avoided.

Dark Magician
January 10th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Ugh. I hate stereotypes. I personally think they are all idiotic, no offense. Just be who you want to be, not what people label you. It's like sticking a sticker on someone's forehead, and they are branded for life. Many people stereotype people by what they wear, not who they really are. Why don't you just do it that way?

Ok, the thread is not about what ya wear, but, about your style. I've seen some guys dressing like rapers and still skateboard, why? Cause thats their style, ska, they might be dressing that way, but the style is how you are, how you act.

GenoMew
January 10th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I want to wear a cop uniform and club alot of people on this forum :bandit:

Oops, can't say that.

Just kidding...

Dark Magician
January 10th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I want to wear a cop uniform and club alot of people on this forum :bandit:

Oops, can't say that.

Just kidding...

You loser, die!!! :dead:

kidding

well, yeah, its about the style.

Triumphant Chaos
January 10th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty much my own style of Goth, in what I wear and the way I tend to act. People tend to classify me that way too, but eh...

IceKitten
January 11th, 2005, 02:26 AM
You can't imagine someone raping? Not into hiphop or Gangsta rap?

Yeah, Rapist is different from a Raper...

Hence why they're two different words ;)

Don't you mean Rapper?

I wish people would learn to spell properly these days...

Kelsey
January 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I am the funny pretty gal in my school. ^_______^ I love to make people laugh and have a good time, and I look good as I'm doing it. ^_~ I adore humor, anyone without humor is not a friend of mine. ^o^ That's why I hate my english teacher. XD

~Kelsey

Pokemon Master #1
January 14th, 2005, 06:06 PM
If only there were such thing as Gamecube lover.I'd fall into that catagory.XD

GenoMew
January 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Don't you mean Rapper?

I wish people would learn to spell properly these days...

Yeah, i wish people would learn how to read these days...

Before you critique "my" grammar/puncuation/spelling issues, read the poll; it clearly says: "Raper". Did i say that was the correct spelling? No, and i know it's not, but since it says it on the poll i'd rather not change it to "Rapper" and have more people become confused and be like "Whoa, i wish people would learn how to spell."

Suz
January 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I'm just my own kind of person oO
going with da flow...
eatin what I want
sayin what I want...
basicly, I'm just me...

Mr Cat Dog
January 15th, 2005, 06:22 AM
I am my own person. I wrote an essay on my character in 2 previous threads like this... but am not going to it again. I'm just individual, and that's all I'm going to say. ^_^

Kid Frost
January 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I like wearing a lot of baseball,basketball,football jerseys with black air ones

Usagii
January 16th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Athletic because I always like to run around and I love to play sports^^ Especially since I'm in Cross Country in my school^^

SaRa*BeaR
January 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I'm kind of my own style sort of..

I do wear stuff from stores like American Eagle, Hollister and Abercrombie but not too much...
I do wear skate brand clothing((of course because I skate)) and I do wear black often. Like my fave AC/DC shirt=D

So I guess I'm a rockish/skaterish/girlish person...well whatever I am, I like it=D

Raichu Master
January 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Casual. Normally bootcut jeans with a t-shirt. or baggy with a hoody...or sometimes even bootcut with a buttondown shirt (well most of the time, those are my trademark)

WolfWood
January 16th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I am kinda ska and athletic.

Claire
January 18th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Genomew, be careful of your wording -it was right of the member to point out that you had writen "Raper" instead of "Rapper". The two words are very different, and the first instance could be taken very badly.
I'll edit the poll to say rapper.

Dark Magician
January 18th, 2005, 08:57 PM
My bad ya'll, I didn't meant that,thanks for editing it...

Kylie-chan
January 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Uh, I don't have an exact style. *pokes all-round* ^^

Like Triffy said. I just wear what makes me feel comfortable and all. Although lately I've stayed in my pyjamas and swapped each day. XD ^^;

Luvdisc
February 25th, 2005, 03:41 PM
OMogmOGMOmgm. I'm a goth. Straight outta Rome, girlies. Let the PMs roll.

Psyche... don't PM me.

Why do you people say "unique"? Everyone, no matter what, is their own person. (unless you're from european communist countries. ;) )

As far a "styles" go; shouldn't this be more of a fashion topic and not a stereotypical debate?

But, I'm usually spotted in tight-fitted clothing. Jeans, t-shirts, and zip-up hoodies.