PDA

View Full Version : What Made you Chose Your Username?

The Fallen
January 10th, 2005, 03:13 PM
It's basically all in the title what made you chose it?
I think i chose mine because,they are all basically the same meaning lol.Dark,Shadow,Smoke.

Vkazuic
January 10th, 2005, 03:20 PM
My names from my fav song.. but i also chose Moonlight Shadow because Shadow is the name of my cat and Moonlight just fit in so yeah...

~Moonlight_Shadow~

aRedMoon
January 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
It was made up by a friend of mine. Was supposed to be an "Evil" version of my normal screenname, Jesse Matusda.

J <-- Jesse
Kaizer <-- Messed up romanjization (O_o) of "Kaiser" from Digimon 02. :P

So now you have it. XD

[Technya]
January 10th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I chose mine because it has my favorite character which is Ash and Shadow to kind of give it a dark nature, therefor sayin' a bit about me :P

mvtm
January 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM
mvtm are my IRL initials , so i thought it sounded cool and since my that time i didnt have a nick mvtm got it.

I also like thats mtv aliked.

MegaDitto
January 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
My reason will sound really dumb but.In my family I know the most about Pokemon,So it was I was like a Ditto because Ditto could know about all pokemon because it can any pokemon.So that is why I picked Ditto.Mega,I was known to know a lot about about it like I said before so I thought mega means big so I thought of mega because I had a big amount of pokemon knowledge,That is how I thought of it.I know it's sound dumb but that is how it is.

TRIFORCE89
January 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM
The first forum I joined was a Zelda forum. I was very eager adn hyper right before joining so I didn't put any effort into my name. I just choose "Triforce" (for unknown reason, I didn't think that 200 other people would choose "Triforce" at a Zelda forum. <<) and added 89, my birthyear, at the end of it. At the forums, it displayed all the usernames in capitals. So, at forums since I've used "TRIFORCE89" instead of "Triforce89".

Lots o' other Triforce people there, but I made a name for myself. I was a very well-respected member. So, I'm keeping this name.

Anacortes
January 10th, 2005, 04:49 PM
It was one of my favourite places..an inspiration for me to like America..something like that..mostly because I though if i was successful here it would brake my curse..I dont know..!

Sylphiel
January 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I had a furret pokemorph character I made up years ago who went by the name of Cowrie (and I chose that only because I liked that word - since a cowrie is a type of mollusk. Definitely has nothing to do with furrets). When I decided to start joining pokemon forums, I didn't want to use my usual internet name for some reason...and I decided to swipe the name of my character, instead. :P

Triumphant Chaos
January 10th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I've been using 'Triumphant Chaos' all over the place for about two years now, and it's basically become my default username. I think I made it one day when I was looking for something unique for my e-mail address, and I came up with it.

bgt
January 10th, 2005, 05:09 PM
err... i made up so many nicks to play Age of Empires II and kept playing ranked games, ranks would go down and I would keep making new ones so I wouldn't look like n00b even tho I was, lol. Then just chame to this nick and never changed again...

Suz
January 10th, 2005, 05:12 PM
well, I had always wanted a nickname, my full name being Sarah, Suz just, well, came to me >>;

Lady Pearl
January 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I got my name from Lady Luna, which is a rhyme of Lady Yuna. I thought of it because my RP character's name is Luna. I decided Pearl would fit better because it's more simpler to use. Aww, now I want Lady Luna.

Cassie-chan
January 10th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Me? I came up with mine because the same day someone had called me a 'Girl Genius'. Ironic, because I really don't act it. XP

digi-kun
January 10th, 2005, 06:08 PM
well,
digi comes from digimon
spirit comes from the idea of ghosts(run sakura run XD)
virus cuz all my friends were hackers

Digi-kun came from my nickname "digi" then i slapped on -kun just to make it sound better XD

Thomas
January 10th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Well when I joined I just wanted to join to maby make a couple posts so I just fast typed ampharos and mispelled it and put two random numbers after it.

Ten Months and almost 2000 posts later I am still here with the same username.

Kura
January 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
@@ i chose mine because it's my nickname! *prances around* ._. yarr..

GenoMew
January 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
I saw your face, and i was a believer.

Brittany
January 10th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I saw your face, and i was a believer.
Agreed. Now lets make like a tree and fly away.

Timbjerr
January 10th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I've had this username (or variants of it) since I had my first email adress when I was 11. Since I was that young and really had no creative thought, when I came to the "select a username" field, I just typed in my initials, TMB and added JR (as in junior, as in named after my father, which I am) to make it to the minimun of 5 characters. Ever since then, I've slowly made a name for myself in small chatrooms, several failed attempts at a website, and here .

AZSupraT
January 10th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I live in arizona AZ
I owned a toyota supra at the time Supra
And it happened to be turbo t
AZSupraT

Sumomo & Kotoko
January 10th, 2005, 07:59 PM
My first user name was 'trap-door57',but my friend coulden't make a PC user name,so I gave her mine.And I thought "What whould be a cool user name??" and Raven came to mind(Raven is my fav Teen Titan). :D

ravenstorture
January 10th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I honestly have no idea. I just typed it in. I didn't plan on being here that long, actually. oO

Pounce
January 10th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I started using Pounce a few years ago just because it was a cute word and I wanted to be original, not using numbers or other common names. nobody else has a name that's a VERB. XD

and now most people know me by that, on a number of forums, so it's attached to me now and I can't escape it unless I want to confuse everyone. x.X so Pounce it is still!

Lucy Lu
January 10th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Hmm...I thought about a lot of names, but I thought about this one because I thought about Pikachu. Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, and I just added star. It is cute. ^^

Ryoutarou
January 10th, 2005, 11:35 PM
I have no earthly idea,a ctually Oo I didn't plan on staying long, I actually joined just to spam, and I liked it here so I stayed on...but the name was just something random I guess.

Jolty-kun
January 11th, 2005, 12:31 AM
I chose mine randomly being the first pokemon coming to mind =3

Tsugaru
January 11th, 2005, 12:51 AM
i chose mine POLI because i like poliwhirl ~but i would have preferd THUNDER but any way~

Eon-Rider
January 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I chose coolmaster because pokemaster was unavailable

Spectrum
January 11th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Kyogre-chan - Obviously came from my favourite Pokmon, Kyogre.
Aino Minako - Came from my favourite anime character, Sailor Venus.
Digital Phoenix - Sounds cool. xD

Jolty-kun
January 11th, 2005, 07:54 AM
And my first username (misdreavus1993) was chosen randomly, but i made a typo, but i couldnt make another account, cause i was gonna make 'jolteon!!!' XD

IceKitten
January 11th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Well originally mine is LightningTig

Lightning because it sounds cool, I am fast and I like thunderstorms oO;

Tig represents a tiger, which is a cat

Me likes cats

Lizzie
January 11th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I got mine from Lizzie Mcquire XD i used to love that show, but now i just kinda regret it XD but i'm too used to it to get rid of it XD

Breakout
January 11th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Mine is the name of a song which is like awsome...Well I like it.

EmeraldSky
January 11th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Emerald: A green stone and the version that Rayquaza is the mascot of (due in the US this April! YAY!!!)
Sky: The realm Rayquaza rules over (since Groudon rules the earth, and Kyorge rules the sea)

Eliana
January 11th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Eliana: My name. XD
Eliana: the result when I couldnt think of a name besides mine. XD

*Chikorita*
January 12th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Well, Chikorita used to be my favorite Pokemon, and the name was already taken, so I added the stars. I regret them now. XD But that is how I chose my name. =P

Cherrim
January 12th, 2005, 05:52 PM
I haven't told this story in a while.

It all started in around... 2000. ^_^ I found myself hooked on Yahoo! Messenger's chatrooms. They were really good back then -- especially the Pokemon ones. Everyone RPed there and had multiple userids. I had upwards of around 20. Anyway, my favourite one quickly became lightning_the_baby_pichu (and I had the accompanying Pikachu and Raichu accounts, too ~_^). I used that one a lot. It was named Lightning since, well, that noun goes quite well for an electric-type Pokemon, don't you think? I had other ones like "Fiery_the_Charmander" and stuff like that, too. XP

Finally, once I sort of grew detached from YIM, I found The Pokemasters forum and decided to join. I joined under the name chibipichu, which was basically my alias everywhere at the time. Some months later... I think around August, my account was either hacked (or so I believed at the time) or else I was just really stupid and I forgot my password and couldn't retrieve it since someone else had the e-mail address to the account. o_O; Regardless, I decided to reregister, but I had to think of a new name. I thought back to my old usernames and figured I may as well reuse them since I loved them so much. I took Lightning and... I've grown so attached to it over the years that I use it everywhere under different variations. ^_^

Oh, and now it's virtually impossible for me to type "lighting." I just can't do it. XD;

Kimi-Kaizer
January 12th, 2005, 06:01 PM
It actaully all started when me and greg (JKaizer) became best friends and plus because i worship the Kaizer but it was mostly because i wanted my name to be like greg's and i came up with Kimi-Kaizer and ever since then when ever i sign up at any forum i always use Kimi-Kaizer, my email has Kimi-Kaizer, my aim name has Kimi-Kaizer, I use it everywhere now.

TRIFORCE89
January 12th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I haven't told this story in a while.

It all started in around... 2000. ^_^ I found myself hooked on Yahoo! Messenger's chatrooms. They were really good back then -- especially the Pokemon ones. Everyone RPed there and had multiple userids. I had upwards of around 20. Anyway, my favourite one quickly became lightning_the_baby_pichu (and I had the accompanying Pikachu and Raichu accounts, too ~_^). I used that one a lot. It was named Lightning since, well, that noun goes quite well for an electric-type Pokemon, don't you think? I had other ones like "Fiery_the_Charmander" and stuff like that, too. XP

Finally, once I sort of grew detached from YIM, I found The Pokemasters forum and decided to join. I joined under the name chibipichu, which was basically my alias everywhere at the time. Some months later... I think around August, my account was either hacked (or so I believed at the time) or else I was just really stupid and I forgot my password and couldn't retrieve it since someone else had the e-mail address to the account. o_O; Regardless, I decided to reregister, but I had to think of a new name. I thought back to my old usernames and figured I may as well reuse them since I loved them so much. I took Lightning and... I've grown so attached to it over the years that I use it everywhere under different variations. ^_^

Oh, and now it's virtually impossible for me to type "lighting." I just can't do it. XD;
Thanks to you I can't right "Lighting" either anymore (I had to fix that, I typoed Lightning for it O_o). I just did an English assignment and I had to tlak about the movie (that description is more for everyone else. You know what I'm talking about. The E.T. one), I had to mention the lighting effects. I was reading it over, and everywhere I wrote Lightning. O_o

You've told me about "lightning_the_baby_pichu". It makes me wonder. Isn't Pichu already a baby? How much more baby can Pichu get? Even five years ago you were Pichu crazy ^^ Lol. So, you were what in 2000? 10/11 years old? And already in chatrooms? Lol O_O

I'm happy I didn't join the Zelda forums with a long name, as they were shortened. Zelda' number one fan signed up as The_Silent_Assassin and it became THE_SILENT_ASSASS. Lol. I love it. Yeah...I made a name for myself there and had lots of respect (even after I left I met up with a lot of the members in the summer and they remembred and missed me), so TRIFORCE89 is here to stay. And the short form of Triffy in adorably cute (Thank Erica and Abby...different spellings, so you both get credit. Lol)

At one point I had a name that was bad for privacy reasons. First initial, middle initial, last initial, then an 88 (not 89. I had to lie in the registration forms at the time for my age, so I used an 88). @@ So, I had that. And...STARMAN89. Let's see whatelse? Umm...Jedi(First Name goes here), and probably something else somewhere. But I got a lot out of TRIFORCE89 and if I ever I get bored I'll use one of it's many short forms. So, I'm good.

Kylie-chan
January 12th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Eheh, this is a username that stuck from my Serebii.net username. I picked it because Pikachu_[insert number here] is even more unoriginal and bland than Dark_Pikachu, and because the Dark Pokemon in the TCG [like Dark Celebi and Dark Gyarados] are often stronger than the normal ones [Celebi, Gyarados, etc.] ^^ Pikachu_ex... o.o And I didn't know about EXes then. XD
Edit:

Hehehe, Triffy, I used that trick. ^^ I used to be a username based on Hermione [Harry Potter] and I lost that account, besides I needed a new one and everyone was calling me Hermy. XD Guess what I did?

MegaDitto
January 14th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Speaking of username's I was about to pick MidnightScar as my name but I thought mega ditto was better.What do you think.

Kelsey
January 14th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Well, my original username was Pikawolf. I had adored wolves and the Pokemon, Pikachu. So I just put two and two together. XD

But then, at PC I changed my name to what it is now, Kelsey. I suppose I did this because it's my real name, as well as the name I sign off with in every post anyways. XD

Now you have been foretold of a legend of old...of the origin...of Kelsey's username. XD

~Kelsey

ASG
January 14th, 2005, 04:11 PM
i waz fourced to choose this by my mind it said "if u don't choose this i will blow up in ur head" XD i just put a bounch of words together (while thinking of battlefield 1942)

Miyu-chan
January 14th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Miyu was the name of one of my RP characters, and I just loved the look/sound/meaning of it. =3 But I decided that it was too short and added "-chan" behind it. xD;

Greed
January 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I was nicknamed Cartoon in the eight grade for my knack of drawing a little bit too much. They nicknamed me Cartoon-*****, and I just wanted to fool around so I added crap to the name Cartoon.

I make the two O's into eyes, and such. Then I typed it out in the computer as CaRtOON. The name stuck, and heck, I get called that everywhere. So I'm happy. =/

*dies*

B-Baller
January 14th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I'm weird when it comes to making up names...skip this post now if you don't want a boring story. Well, not really boring.

There's this anime in my country called Cyborg Kuro-Chan, and boy was it awesome! I think it was my 2nd anime.
A year later when I discovered Lite Pokemon Network (the member LanceLite's forum), I had to pick a username. Well the anime came in mind. Kuro was there, but you're probably wondering where D and P came from. D and P were originally S and P, they're just random. I inserted them at the beggining, and voila!

D + P + Kuro = dpkuro

nayana_1120
January 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
let's see, it all started when I was listening to music and decieded that my eventual email would be nayana_1120. XD
I have some issues. @.@

nayana is my fictional character's name and 1120 is her birthday (11/20)
simple isn't it?

Knuckles
January 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
My frist username was Lazydude. Lazydude got a little boring,so I made Knuckles. People just call me Knux though. That's alright. :bandit:

Pokemon Master #1
January 14th, 2005, 06:02 PM
I'm extremely good at the Pokemon games and i've never ran away from a battle so I came up with my username that way.

~Pokemon Master #1~

Mr Cat Dog
January 15th, 2005, 06:25 AM
My e-mail address is [email protected] I cut the 007 out because I'm not the greatest fan of James Bond (I don't know why I put it in in the first place), and when I joined my first forum, I just took that and made it my username, which I use on all the forums I go on. ^_^

Roxas
January 15th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Well, I always have Kenshin as my username, but when I was joining PC, it said that someone already had Kenshin as a username, so I added 11212 to the end, so I can have Kenshin in my name. I always have 11212 as a backup for my username, if someone already has the name Kenshin XD *points to IM screen names* Notice the 11212? That cause people already have Kenshin as a username, obviously XD

Usagii
January 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM
I choosed Shuichi Shindou because I like the way it sounds:p
I was going to choose another name but I thought about it and I ended up
with Shuichi Shindou ^.^

Bay-kun
January 15th, 2005, 06:53 AM
I chose this Username becuase I use it on the other Forum I go on, and like I said before, the stars in my last name were a regret. XD

Ciera
January 15th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I chose my username because 'Ciera' is the name of one of my characters on another site; she's a white monkey anthro ^^

Lexaeus
January 15th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I chose my username because Lexaeus is an original character of mine. Mind you, it is not the name I use in the Pokemon games.

winnie
January 15th, 2005, 08:59 AM
winnie,
i chose this name as it's my real name and i really couldn't be bothered to think of a name as i have to many user names. plus i think it's original to have your own name and no-one else has it so.....

Mandy-Chan
January 15th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I chose Mandy because it's the name I go by(my real names amanda)It makes me feal so unoriginal, ah well:)
*~Mandy~*
EDIT:*reads post that came b4 mine* Mabey it is kind of original :)

LishaKara
January 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM
LishaKara?

Lisha=My Pokemon Trainer's name

Kara=My Sonic character's name

Lisha+Kara=LishaKara! ^.^;;

mew42003
January 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
My E-Mail [email protected] did.

DarknessMonkey
January 15th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Uh Just Thinking Something Original!

SaRa*BeaR
January 15th, 2005, 12:41 PM
My friend calls me Sara Beara so I basically got mine from her.

Happy Dude
January 18th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Well my name is kinda weird.When i was on this site about to register i couldn't think of a username then the simpsons came on. It was that episode where homer does that telomarketing thing.And his name was happy dude.I liked it so i chose it.

Sassydoll76
January 18th, 2005, 04:23 AM
i got Sassydoll76 because i use it for almost everything else and it sorta describes my personallity

LelandLancaster
January 18th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I used to have a computer named Lancaster and another named Felix. So, I used Lancaster, Felix and Armand Leland for some stuff. Got sick of Armand and picked the two names I liked the best: Leland Lancaster!

BigBoss
January 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM
In OoT, I thought the Dark Link was pretty cool, so I based mine off of that!

Daisuke Niwa
January 20th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Well I have a long history of picking my usernames :P
Kobrelair - my first nitial username I like Cobra so I switched other works and then Lair cause it was suppose to be like a cobra iniside a lair.
DarkAvengerCobra - name says it all.
Alexiz - My name
Alexande - My name
Daisuke Niwa - Well this one im on now, plus i like it. I choose it because i got over dark now.

NiNGi
January 20th, 2005, 03:13 AM
I like the name Daisuke Niwa ^.^

Well anyways, my is Ningi and it should sound familiar to ]00 :P

Nin: The initial Kanji for Ninja - It represents the blade over the heart (yaiba and shin), but its not to be seen as a bad thing: It means Kajoo Waraku, a heart as pure as a flower blossom. A heart which shall enjoy eternal peace.
The meaning of it is difficult to grasp for other people, but for us Ninja it has a foundamental meaning. A meaning of perseverance, stealth, endurance and conciliation. The principle of Nin is to persevere even when the heart (shin) is facing darkness (yaiba). It ish even more deep, but even I still don't know on how many things it can apply. And If I start explaining, you would take it as a blah blah blah xD

gi: The gi in Ningi has different meanings for me, but they're not as much relevant as Nin. It has some meanings that I can't really explain cos they're weird though xD!!

jynx
January 20th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Pokemon made me choose my username. Fullstop!

angel
January 31st, 2005, 07:00 AM
My username is Angel. Well angel is my cat's name and i love my cat dearly.So thats why i chose this username.*Hugs my citty*

IceKitten
January 31st, 2005, 07:33 AM
I got Tig from LightningTig lol

It's a faster way to log in :)

~Dragonair~
January 31st, 2005, 10:39 AM
I have ~Dragonair~ because I like Dragonair. Somebody couldve figured that out. XD

THIRTY-SIX
January 31st, 2005, 10:42 AM
sweetie well when i first thought of it i first thought of pokemon and that my name munna hehe so i fused it pokemunna ^_^

Snivi
January 31st, 2005, 10:56 AM
At the time I joined Totodile was my favorite Pokemon but not its Skitty ^^

Natzap
January 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Well back in middle school, I was on the track and cross country teams. My real name is Natalie and people would always call me Nat. I was and still am a pretty fast runner so people added the zap part like lighting. You know how lighting goes zap and like people say "faster than a bolt of lighting" It just sorta fiz together. *NaTzAp* :D

Lord of the Spheal
February 1st, 2005, 12:07 AM
Ummm... well I like Spheal. Somebody had already taken Spheal... so I added on to it and well, thats how I came up with it.