PDA

View Full Version : Do you touch Pokemon on the screen?

User1
March 24th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I mean you find them so cute that you rub your finger on their characters on the screen? I find some Pokemon like Skitty and Pikachu so cute I sometimes cannot resist touching them on the screen!

Joshawott
March 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Uh... no, can't say I do. :laugh:

They are very cute, though. I'll give you that.

psyanic
March 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
No. Rubbing the screen will make my screen dirtier than it already is, so I won't.

Moonmover
March 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
*gasp*

That makes the screen dirty! You monster!

~Moonmover

Even I know better than that.

~BLOODMEAT

Sheep
March 24th, 2012, 03:34 PM
That has never even crossed my mind lol, so I don't do it. I'd much rather hold onto a cute Pokemon plush while watching :3

User1
March 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I meant the LCD screen of a laptop or desktop computer.

Houndoomed
April 2nd, 2012, 02:06 AM
I mean you find them so cute that you rub your finger on their characters on the screen? I find some Pokemon like Skitty and Pikachu so cute I sometimes cannot resist touching them on the screen!

Houndoom will get a pat every now and then

nari1208
April 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
yes wee. jigglypuff is so cute and cuddly. likewise with snorlax. haha!

CliveKoopa
April 26th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Err.. no. Rubbing your fingers across the TV screen on a fictional character who you're never gonna meet in real life is too weird to me and even quite creepy.

Gleam Noiyam
April 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Um... why in the world would I do that? I do TV commentary instead of rubbing the Pokemon on the screen. Besides, I want my TV screen to stay clean.

double trouble!
April 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Nope. Why would I want fingerprints on my screen?

Guy
April 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Nope, can't say that I do. Besides getting fingerprints on my screen (whether it be on the television or laptop), I think it would be rather... creepy to say the least.

CliveKoopa
April 30th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I just had this weird thought about touching the screen and my finger going through to the other side and getting zapped into the anime universe. That would be funny if that did happen.

Katholic Nun
April 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I saw the title on the main page and it said "Do you touch Pokemon on the..." and I was like "WTF KIND OF THREAD IS THIS?!"

In the end though, I was disappointed. But anyway, no I don't touch Pokemon on the screen, because that's a little weird :P. There is an ad for TV screen wipes on TV at the moment though which shows the whole family touching the TV screen for various reasons, so I guess it is something people do.

fenyx4
April 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM

Er, NO...

Um... why in the world would I do that? I do TV commentary instead of rubbing the Pokemon on the screen. Besides, I want my TV screen to stay clean.

Pretty much this. I don't have any urge to touch any Pokemon, even one of my favorites such as Blaziken. If anything, I would only touch the screen to shield my view of Pokemon I generally dislike such as Blissey or Phione...but even then, I would hardly ever be motivated or have the energy to do such a thing, and I can generally withstand the sight of all Pokemon whenever I get the chance to watch the Pokemon anime on television.

I saw the title on the main page and it said "Do you touch Pokemon on the..." and I was like "WTF KIND OF THREAD IS THIS?!"

This. XD (although I'm not sure what other words could properly complete that phrase, other than something like "...down low?", and that's getting into territory that I'd like to stay away from regarding Pokemon themselves :cer_laugh:)

Tachibana Azumi
May 9th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Oh maaaaan, I've seen people wipe the tears off of crying characters' faces from other series (a good friend of mine actually did that with a character in Inazuma Eleven while another did that with Persona 4, with tissue paper and all), but touching Pokemon on the screen? xD (oh arceus help that sounded so wrong)

No, actually, that thought has never occured in my mind. Though I don't think it's THAT creepy given that people actually do that. Sort of.

LightningL
May 9th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Never done that before, but some friends of mine like to talk to their pokemon in the games. :P

ReleaseYourPokemon
May 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah and sometimes very badly.

Playful_Weasel
May 21st, 2012, 05:32 AM
Not on computer screens, but I do it a lot on Pokemon books, or my own drawings, but I instead prefer to pet my real cat.

chella182
June 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Err.. no. Rubbing your fingers across the TV screen on a fictional character who you're never gonna meet in real life is too weird to me and even quite creepy.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this :\

paranoid
June 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM
yes, all the time

i like it

Hikamaru
June 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM
No I don't, I'd feel weird if I do that.

QuietDragon
June 25th, 2012, 06:20 AM
No, but hearing that someone does that is adorable.

I'd worry too much about getting the screen dirty. ^^;

But, some Pokemon do look like they'd be very cuddly and snuggly in real life~ if you were friendly enough with them to touch, anyway.

Rivvon
June 26th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Not on the tv screen, no. That does seem a bit odd for me to do, but it's not like a horrible weird thing.
Now, the games, on the other hand...

Jak
June 26th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The only way I rub a screen is when Justin Bieber is on TV I sometimes kiss the screen, cuz he's so sexy!

Lovely mental image.

Anyway, I am too lazy to go up to the tv and rub it. When I play the games though, I do kinda rub the screen if it's something cute or fuzzy lol. :( When I look through the boxes on my sister's games, rubbing the screen usually indicates that I like that Pokemon haha. OKAY I'm gonna go be weird somewhere else bye!

ronz.ombie
July 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM
LOL now that I'm thinking about it, I have noticed that there are a lot of Pokémon without fur, and seems like Pikachu is one of them ! #naked

QuietDragon
July 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Pikachu does have fur, I do believe! It's just veeeery sleek.

Think of real mice or, better yet, rats. Not all of them look very fluffy, because some of them just have very, very thin/sleek/short fur on their bodies. ^^

death_note
July 20th, 2012, 10:43 PM
No o_O

that's weird.. lol

atmmachine11
July 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
People do that ? -gasps- I...I don't..

Olli
July 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Eh, no. I mean it's not like any of them has a physical form and that it would affect anything if I touched them, though I know that's not the point. I can find Pokémon cute and cool, though I wouldn't ever consider touching the screen to try and feel them, or for whatever reason there could be.