PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ash's Father?

Mizaal
March 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I know way back in season 1 Delia did say ash was very adventurous like his father but besides that he hasnt really been mentioned. I saw a youtube video that said his father was Giovanni but there is a very low chance of this being true, even though he did date Delia at one point. And no his diad isnt Mr.Mime lol ( and ash is not a ditto/testube baby). The only recurring characters that had parents were brock,may/max, and barry and dawn i guess.

psyanic
March 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nah, I don't think they'll ever reveal who it is. If they do, I'm sure that would mark the end of the anime, or at least prove to be a pivotal point in Ash's development. And that alone will mark the ending, since Ash actually grows up if he meets his dad. But he doesn't seem too concerned over about it at all. He only cares about Pokemon, really.

Mizaal
March 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, a normal person would at least wonder especially being 10 and having no father figure around

Ayoo_snow
March 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Giovani only might be his dad in The electric tale of pikachu. In the show two people are thought to be his dad professor oak (unlikely due to that meanng himand garywould be related and they've never metioned and relation) Or silver (pokemon golds antagonist and GIOVANIS SON!) The logicalone is silver due to him being Delila's age and adventurer. In one episode of a spin off silver told gold (I don't rember his name in the series) That he reminded him of an adventurer he knows ;D

Otter Mii-kun
March 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Here we go about this topic again, for the umpteenth time...
Who Ash's father REALLY is is a tightly held secret among the writers-whoever he is, or whenever they will reveal this, we may never know.

Dave The Man
March 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I have heard people think it's Lance of the Elite 4

Ameluun
March 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Here we go about this topic again, for the umpteenth time...
Who Ash's father REALLY is is a tightly held secret among the writers-whoever he is, or whenever they will reveal this, we may never know.

The writers' themselves may not even know! lol xP

REvan342
March 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
My theory? His father is MOST likely either Giovanni, or Koga (There are some striking similarities in their looks.....)

Seki
March 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Seriously speaking, its some guy with the name of Ketchum, Mr Ketchum.

No now I am serious, they are not going to reveal who is Ash's father because he doesn't exist or he's dead or Ash's adopted or something crazy like that.

Mr. X
March 30th, 2012, 08:23 PM
My money is on Blaine or Bruno.

curiousnathan
March 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I believe his father is The Pokemon Master and by saying that when we find out who Ash's father is will make the end of the Anime, I find to be true in this case. Perhaps Ash becomes a Pokemon Master by defeating his father?

Otter Mii-kun
March 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM
they are not going to reveal who is Ash's father because he doesn't exist or he's dead or Ash's adopted or something crazy like that. Come to think of it, as for these and the assertions that it's Giovanni, I once believed that Ash's father was a really dark (no pun intended) and vicious figure a la Darth Vader.

Mentalii
March 31st, 2012, 03:20 AM
We will never know because it is not important at all. Seriously, in almost every anime, story or show, we don't always know about the protagonist's parents and that's not a mysterious fact ! And, since Pokémon is mainly a kid show, this is unlikely that they imagined something twisted about Ash's father, like Giovanni being his father or anything else.
So, we'll never know, and we don't have to care about that.

Lornami
March 31st, 2012, 08:25 AM
Ash's father: Unwritten Dude

Just like Gary's Parents, Misty's Parents, Dawn's Father, Paul and Reggie's Parents, Barry's Mom, etc etc etc

They exist, but if they were anyone of importance that we've seen there would be big hints by now.

sherreamethyst
March 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM
LOL, GIOVANNI BEING ASH'S DAD. I think Ash would give up his Pokemon dream if it were true...

Actually, I read somewhere a while back that the producers and such said that they won't reveal Ash's dad at the time being, but if it comes down to that and it is needed for the growth and development of Ash, then they will reveal his father.
Not sure if that's true, but that's what I read somewhere. Don't ask me where because I really don't remember...but anyhow, 2012 seems like a good year, so they might reveal him but they might not. I give it about a 5-10% chance, LOL, since there haven't been any hints on it or any mention of it, but maybe later on in the year or something. I kinda would like to see his dad, but I bet he would just look like a taller Ash, haha!

Lornami
March 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM
LOL, GIOVANNI BEING ASH'S DAD. I think Ash would give up his Pokemon dream if it were true...

Actually, I read somewhere a while back that the producers and such said that they won't reveal Ash's dad at the time being, but if it comes down to that and it is needed for the growth and development of Ash, then they will reveal his father.
Not sure if that's true, but that's what I read somewhere. Don't ask me where because I really don't remember...but anyhow, 2012 seems like a good year, so they might reveal him but they might not. I give it about a 5-10% chance, LOL, since there haven't been any hints on it or any mention of it, but maybe later on in the year or something. I kinda would like to see his dad, but I bet he would just look like a taller Ash, haha!

The dub staff on a commentary of either the third or first movie said that they would reveal him if they needed, or maybe later. Being the dub staff, really there's no creditability about plot line elements.

They're pretty much set on making him 10 forever, so I doubt he'll ever 'need development'.

Turn-it
April 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Wow this is a pretty good question. I probably wondered that the first season but after that, I just considered him to be a dead beat.....it happens...

denok
April 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
It was mentioned in a pokemon DVD commentary that Ash's dad will be revealed..

Maybe it's Lance..

ZalelikesCookies
April 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I dont think giovanni is ashs father
because in the games it said that giovannis kid has long red hair, Only person in games with those characteristics SILVER
in the new games celebi flashbacks you to giovanni leaving silver disbanding team rocket

but those are games this is anime

Hilbert
April 16th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Probably on the last episodes of the Anime Ash returns and then comes his father and they both battle... Last episode

tajaros
May 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM
Hey how about BRUNO!? maybe it's bruno just a guess xD
whoever it is i think he's a great trainer

YungKnowledge
May 1st, 2012, 11:56 PM
Me and a friend from high school used say it was Professor Oak. Because my friend even had a whole story on this. To be honest I thought Ash's dad died or something.

mootjuh117
May 2nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
I'm surprised that nobody tought of Red being ash's father?

bwburke94
May 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Red doesn't exist in anime canon.

Oh, and every single theory thus far has been copied from TV Tropes. The OP is definitely a troper, that's for sure.

Seventh Sea
May 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Isn't it blatantly obvious?
Who appears in every episode?
Who knows everything about Ash and his adventures?
Who knows enough about the pokemon world to have been a hardcore adventurer?

CLEARLY Ash's father is the narrator.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 4th, 2012, 11:20 AM
When I was a teeny-bopper I just assumed Professor Oak was secretly his Dad. Now, it wouldn't make much sense to me. Then I thought he probably died or is just some boss in some distant country. I'm just going to assume Giovanni is Satoshi's Dad now. But for the WTFs I wonder if maybe it's Butch or James. Awkward.:cer_confused:

Avishka
May 5th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Here's my theory:
Ash's father went on a Pokemon journey, but failed at some point. Devastated, he went home, but couldn't live with himself. He felt ashamed that he failed his family and that he didn't spend more time with his sons instead of going out on his own. Yes, SONS. The marriage collapsed, they divorced when the boys were 5, and he took one with him. That left Delia with Ash. His father changed his name and never saw Ash or Delia again, and never told his son about Ash, and at some point both sons forgot about each other. Who's the twin brother you ask? Richie of course.

sega397
May 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
for all of saying its lance, get real Lance is the same age as Misty's sisters, and ferther more ever cosidering his dad being the prof. that wrote those momentons in the mantion in the first game on Sinabar Island.

BTW I'm Chili! My sisters are the other two.

ReleaseYourPokemon
May 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Maybe Brock is his real dad... weird theory, but he could be. Maybe that's why Brock has always traveled with him up until Unova and not counting the Tracey seasons.

~DarkAchu~
May 13th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I always liked the Idea that Silver was his father, (The Anime Character not the Game) and that Ash and Richie are indeed related somehow. But maybe thats just me.

Porynoir
May 24th, 2012, 02:35 PM
. And no his diad isnt Mr.Mime lol ( and ash is not a ditto/testube baby).
I almost died laughing.

Anyway, I think he was a former Champion.

AshKetchumFromPalletTown
June 15th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I believe that Ash's dad is the Pokemon master and one day he will have to battle him without knowing and that will mark the end of the anime, that day may never come who knows?

Shootingace
July 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
The Narrator??? If Ash's father is the narrator then the last episode will be really epic. It is really true...the narrator does seem to know a lot about Pokemon. But i guess that's the narrator's job and i think this is highly impossible.
One last thing. It really is surprising that Ash never really asked who his father is or never had any thoughts about him.

ShinyUmbreon189
July 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
These are all good theories but honestly I have no clue and I don't think the narrator will reveal him anytime soon. Delia may be both lol just like Cartman's mom in south park haha, but I doubt it.

weedle_mchairybug
July 7th, 2012, 02:43 AM
These are all good theories but honestly I have no clue and I don't think the narrator will reveal him anytime soon. Delia may be both lol just like Cartman's mom in south park haha, but I doubt it.

You do realize that Cartman's mom is no longer that, right? It's been revealed for some time now that Cartman's father is actually the guy he made into Chili in revenge for that other kid's actions.