PDA

View Full Version : Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Pages : [1] 2

Joshawott
March 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

For me it would have to be Galvantula. Its type match-up got me all fired up to use one, but it was just so... boring!

pknight96
March 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Darmanitan Zen Mode seemed so cool, but it just flopped! By the time you can use it, you're dead. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Darmanitans without Zen Mode are awesome.

fatcatfuller
March 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM
The darn legendary grass pokemon. I caught it and it sucks! It's only a LV:46! I was so disipointed.

March 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hmm... Good question.

So far, I've liked all the pokemon I've used.

...probably the most disappointing would have to be... uhh...

I'll be honest and say Volcarona. I mean, yes, it is still powerful once I set up Quiver Dances, but it's just a tad slower than some pokemon and its defenses aren't worth talking about. And 4x weakness to rock does screw it over many times. Not that I think Volcarona is an useless pokemon! It just didn't live up to my expectations of being the strongest pokemon on my team.

I still love it, though!

Oryx
March 31st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hmm... Good question.

So far, I've liked all the pokemon I've used.

...probably the most disappointing would have to be... uhh...

I'll be honest and say Volcarona. I mean, yes, it is still powerful once I set up Quiver Dances, but it's just a tad slower than some pokemon and its defenses aren't worth talking about. And 4x weakness to rock does screw it over many times. Not that I think Volcarona is an useless pokemon! It just didn't live up to my expectations of being the strongest pokemon on my team.

I still love it, though!

Banning you rn.

I didn't actually use it but Purrloin/Liepard I was disappointed that so many people were talking about how not good it was. I love cats and not being able to use the cat Pokemon made me sad. ;;

Alpha King
March 31st, 2012, 12:59 PM
Keep in mind this was before I looked at base stat totals. I've always been a fan of the Zubat-Crobat line so when I saw Woobat-Swoobat, I was pretty excited. AND it sucked. Majorly. I was so disappointed because it could never get anything done. Now I know why it sucked.

CSCcascade
March 31st, 2012, 02:02 PM
blitzle... well kinda i mean it's a good attacker and it looks cool but it's defense is crap!!!

i used it once and it was hard to use because it would get knocked out really easily but it could knock out things nicely!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 31st, 2012, 02:28 PM
^ I agree Bliztle was a extreme let down...and in some ways so were the starters...a lot of BW pokemon are glass cannons... Kyurem was also disappointing with it's small movepool.

Raichupacabra
March 31st, 2012, 03:39 PM
I've never used a Pokemon that let me down besides Snivy. It's basically a faster Chikorita.

Lilith
March 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
Liepard, Audino, and Zebstrika. I was looking forward to using them but they're very frail. I ditched Liepard in a practice run, I never used Audino once I saw its capabilities, and I struggled training Zebstrika in White.

I loved Volcarona, Virizion, and Galvantula. -.-

BlaqJester
March 31st, 2012, 06:01 PM
Mines would have to be Woobat Sawk and Throh. Woobat was what I didn't expect and the other two creeps my nerves

ShinyUmbreon189
March 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM
All of them, Nintendo got lazy on this one. Then need to just delete Unova and start from scratch.

Hikamaru
March 31st, 2012, 06:38 PM
************ alert?

Anyway, I think the worst and most dissopointing Gen - PURRLOIN. GAME FREAK. ILL FREAKING KILL YOU. COME ANY CLOSER PURRLOIN, AND ILL FREAKIN KILL YOU. IT WONT BE HARD EITHER, BECAUSE YOUR STATS ARE F***ING HORRIBLE. YOUR DEFENSE IS LOW, AND UNLIKE ARCHETOPS, YOUR ATTACK DOSEN'T MAKE UP FOR IT.
But in all seriousness, I thought it was pretty cool to have a Dark type that early in the game. But, they had to make it a throwaway Pokemon...

Yeah, Purrloin/Liepard was terrible. It takes way too long to learn Night Slash.

Archeops may have low defenses but it has awesome Attack.

Khrysta
March 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah, Purrloin/Liepard was terrible. It takes way too long to learn Night Slash.

Archeops may have low defenses but it has awesome Attack.

Which is ruined by its ability.

Hikamaru
March 31st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Which is ruined by its ability.

I used an Archeops in Black, and I was satisfied with him.

Defeatist won't trigger that much in-game compared to competitive.

pryce10
March 31st, 2012, 08:17 PM
All of them, Nintendo got lazy on this one. Then need to just delete Unova and start from scratch.

and create another Unova... seriously unova is supposed to be new begining

anyway... I'd say liepad since it has terrible stats. I like its design but its stats prevented me from using it.

Reshiram Man
April 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Liepard was mega disappoint compared to other Unova Pokemon. I never ever want to use Liepard.

MarioManH
April 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
If anything, Archeops, enough said.

Spherical Ice
April 1st, 2012, 11:48 AM
Klingklang. That whole evo line was unsatisfactory but the last one especially. The only redeeming factor was the creativity of the shiny palette :/

Hypno
April 1st, 2012, 09:40 PM
The Zebra pokemon, I didn't even bothered to learn its name when I found out it wasn't as good as I thought it would have been.

Hikamaru
April 2nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
The Zebra pokemon, I didn't even bothered to learn its name when I found out it wasn't as good as I thought it would have been.

I think you mean Zebstrika. It wasn't too bad eventually, mine managed to sweep Elesa's team using a Shock Wave + Attract + Flame Charge combo (mine was female).

SoratheEliteOne
April 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
For me, it had to be Hydreigon.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad Pokemon in any respect. It's just, the type combo and the height of it's evolution levels.. I expected it to be more then what it can do.

curiousnathan
April 2nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Most of them to be quite honest, there's only a few ones like Jellicent (Both genders), Excadrill and Volcanrona etc that I found to be quite creative. Pokemon like klink or whatever the cogs is called are quite disgusting. :/

Forever
April 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
Just going to remind you guys that this thread is only for disappointments, any more posts that aren't referring to disappointments I'm just going to delete. So in other words, things you thought would be awesome by their sprites but weren't by their moves/etc. If you dislike something in general, then discuss it in the favourites thread (I think I'm just going to edit that title, tbh).

As for me, nothing in particular. :x

arbok
April 2nd, 2012, 05:19 AM
agreed with Purrlion which is a shame as it looks pretty cool. Patrat/Watchog was actually better than Purrlion which I was suprised at.
Zebstriker as well. I used it on my first playthrough and it was decent but it eventually fell behind the rest of my team, by the time I reached the Elite 4 it was my last choice in a big battle.

SamuJake
April 3rd, 2012, 03:30 AM
Liepard, defiantly. I really liked it's design, as a lot of people have said. But I found it wasn't good at all and was a major let down. However, in game it did pull some wins for me when the other Pokemon in my team weren't doing much.

bewbs
April 3rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Reshiram - I just couldn't get on with it. Despite it's typing it looks so much like other legendaries out there.
Liepard - I liked it's design, but I didn't like it.
The klink line - :(

ShadowE
April 3rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
Liepard, i hated it when i saw it the first time, though i gave it a try and it failed hard...

GolurkIsDaBomb
April 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Blitzle was a let down, just not as strong as I thought it would be. And as much as I love the design/concept, Jellicent just wasn't as good as I expected. Really slow which just hurt it too much (at least on my team) Still love the design though :/

Zephele
April 4th, 2012, 06:02 AM
The only one I was really looking forward to using, but ended up being disappointed in, was Reuniclus. I'm trying to think why that's the case, and it may be because it's so slow. Yet I was perfectly fine with using Amoonguss, which has the same base speed stat...

Hikamaru
April 4th, 2012, 06:06 AM
The only one I was really looking forward to using, but ended up being disappointed in, was Reuniclus. I'm trying to think why that's the case, and it may be because it's so slow. Yet I was perfectly fine with using Amoonguss, which has the same base speed stat...

I didn't find Reuniclus disappointing, I tried one out and it was awesome.

Amoonguss really didn't live up to my standards, it didn't suit my battling style.

Zephele
April 4th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I didn't find Reuniclus disappointing, I tried one out and it was awesome.

Amoonguss really didn't live up to my standards, it didn't suit my battling style.

I think it's because I set up (relatively) high expectations for it based purely on its design when it was first revealed (which is silly, I know). Don't get me wrong; when it worked, it worked really well. But I think the frustration I got from it dying repeatedly (from being out-sped) while I was levelling it up sort of compounded until it evolved, then I just stopped using it. I'll likely give it another chance if I reset my game for another playthrough, though.

Amoonguss is definitely not my style either, since I prefer fast, 'sweeper'-type Pokemon in-game, but I was surprised with how well it did in my mono-Grass playthrough.

PokeLordAndrew
April 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
My friends and I figured out our teams based off the sprite sheet that was online before the game even came out and i'd say the most disappointing pokemon for me would be:
Reuniclus (It's stats didn't fit well for an offensive battling style later on in the game)
Zebstrika (I gave up on it, it just was not powerful enough to deal out the damage required to pokemon at higher levels)
Dieno (I was so pumped for a dragon that evolved higher than 55, but it's ability (and it's second evolutions ability) hurt it's value on my team greatly, anything that sacrifices accuracy for me is a giant no no.
Pignite (I thought maybe they would revamp the moves with the third consecutive Fire Fighting final starter evolution, but no)

Daydream
April 4th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Purrloin/Liepard. Really cool looking cat Pokemon that are sadly a real trial to train and use.

Atomic Pirate
April 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
After my first playthrough, I was disappointed in my Reuniclus, but then I checked the nature: it was Adamant. After that letdown, I tried one again and was blown away by the PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Sorry about that).

As for actual disappointments, Samurott was definitely one worth mentioning. It just wasn't strong enough later in-game, but then again, there weren't many Water-types in this generation. Once I beat that run-through, I decided that Samurott was definitely the worst Water starter.

Druddigon and Liepard were awfully disappointing as well, looking cool, but in actuality being quite weak.

Sydian
April 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM

I was disappointed with it my first time through the game, but once I got to post game, and obtained another Solosis to train for another chance I suppose, I thought it was amazing. It's meant to be a Trick Room star, so it's not as fun to use in-game I don't think. Especially if you like speedy Pokemon, like me.

Purrloin is such a cute and classy looking Pokemon, and Liepard as well. I was really, really disappointed with it. It's a pain to train and use, but it seems like everyone else in the game has one that's awesome. Like...idk if mine sucked a lot or if NPCs just haxed me, but that ain't fair. Same goes for Zebstrika. I was happy to get a zebra Pokemon, and it just...didn't do anything for me. I can't even stand seeing it on people's teams cause I just think "...WHY. THERE ARE BETTER ELECTRIC TYPES!!" :( And, like Liepard, some NPCs have kick ass Zebstrika and I'm wondering if they cheated.

Joshawott
April 4th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Poor Liepard. Guess I'll never use one. :laugh:

QuilavaKing
April 4th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Honestly... Reshiram and Zeckrom.

As far as legendaries go, they're easily the worse, and to have two games based around them, they are very disappointing. (Based purely on design.)

Timbjerr
April 4th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Garbodor...I'm probably like the only person in the world that loves its design, but when I actually used one, I was disappoint at it's shallow movepool. Seriously, it's a physically offensive pokémon with nothing but special attacks. D:

It also looks like it should be a lot bulkier than it really is. >_>

Hikamaru
April 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM
After my first playthrough, I was disappointed in my Reuniclus, but then I checked the nature: it was Adamant. After that letdown, I tried one again and was blown away by the PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Sorry about that).

As for actual disappointments, Samurott was definitely one worth mentioning. It just wasn't strong enough later in-game, but then again, there weren't many Water-types in this generation. Once I beat that run-through, I decided that Samurott was definitely the worst Water starter.

Druddigon and Liepard were awfully disappointing as well, looking cool, but in actuality being quite weak.

Druddigon has good Attack and nice defenses but the Speed is a letdown.

Liepard I 100% agree on, I trained one and it was difficult.

Samurott actually did well for me, mine may have had a Serious nature but it was still good.

So sad for your Adamant Reuniclus though, my brother caught a Jolly Solosis once.

DipKicks
April 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too

scprepschool
April 4th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Wtf are you talking about dude?s&murott.
- x scissor
- megahorn

Name another water starter rhat can defend itself to a grass with spd priority. But the whole reason I decided to 'scald' you is that I also agree in it be%ng a disapointment.

Why?
Its final evolution looks like a 5th evolution more than a 3rd how the hell did a shell bearing otter turn into a slowking slaying salty sea dog in 19 levels

WasSollDas
April 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Mine was......I guess Archeops. It looked epic, but when I saw the ability, I was like "did Nintendo really need to ruin this guy?"

Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.

Artemicion
April 5th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.

next time try to swap the moves :)
i have 2 of it, a modest with Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Scald
and training an adamant Sword Dance Samurott...both are powerful, but i like the physical so much :D

btw the worst is Blitzle/Zebstrika. nice speed, special and physical stats, but the Def is terrible. just used to capture the stationaries with flash and paralyze :D

never tried Purrloin/Liepard...

Heracross678
April 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Sorry to be contoversial ;) but i liked liepard! It's great, mine had a anture that lowered its special attack and raised its defence, and i gave it defence and sp defence ev's so it wasnt as frail!

Also my swoobat was great aswell, it swept ghetis at level 50, appart from hydregion :)

My biggest letdown was Gigalith, if it had higher special attack it would be great, as it can learn power gem, solar beam etc, but it has a narrow physical movepool :(

Also alomomola...again due to low special attack

KentaMaster
April 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
One PKMN that I really liked since the beginning was Gardobor, when I saw his move pool that was disapointing... I still like the design and so, it deserved a better move pool.

wombateiro
April 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Lots of people say Purrloin/Liepard are disappointing... but they are one of those Pokemon which evolve quickly and become useless quickly as well. There should be nothing good to expect from Pokemon available from beginning of game and which evolve to final stage at lv 20.

I think Trubbish/Garbodor are disappointing because of their garbage movepool lacking of physical attacks.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 5th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Well the elemental monkeys come to mind due to rather bland design, forgettable movepool, and mediocre stats in general, at least imo anyways.

Also Druddigon, my god was that thing a letdown when I used it in the Opelucid City Gym at the time but what made it such a burden for me was its god awful special attack and speed which didn't allow for much flexibility sadly imo.

Atomic Pirate
April 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too

I actually thought Eelektross was a really good Pokemon. It had good stats and a great ability, and I used it on my first playthrough and really liked it. As for Beheeyem, it lived up to my expectations as an alright Pokemon. It's main problem is that it was shunted to the middle of the Psychics of Generation V, being stronger than Musharna, Swoobat, and Gothitelle, but weaker than Reuniclus and Sigilyph.

I'm restarting my White soon, and I'm going to give Samurott a second chance. I'm going to try for a better nature.

Another disappointing Pokemon from this region was Golurk. I used it recently, and it was surprisingly unable to take hits. It also had a hard time beating anything, despite it's decent moveset. My Golurk's nature wasn't even bad (It was just a wildcard nature). It really let me down, and I definitely won't be using one again.

Darkrylles
April 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Serperior was so bad. I, after 6 months of waiting, traded a Lillipup for an Oshawott, who is now level 97 and has sent my Serperior to the storage box.

Comerion
April 6th, 2012, 12:08 AM
My least favorite were Reshiram, Zekrom, Serperior, Beartic and most of all Scolipede.

I hated the legendaries mainly because of their design, especially reshiram, it was just horrible to look at something which is entirely white!

As for serperior, being a snake I thought it would have high attack or atleast sp. attack, but it turns out it was the opposite. It has terrible offensive stats and moveset, and being a starter it should be able to hit harder. Restarted the game when I got to the 2nd gym.

On to Beartic, it completely disappointed me hugely, it was too slow and needed better defenses. It just kept dieing, and being outsped by like everything. Its learnset is also crap, by the time you have caught it all it learns is ice and normal moves(and rest).

Lastly is Scolipede. It looks baddass, but when I got round to using it it was too slow to level up and is too weak later in the game. It also learns crap moves, and with that has no defense or attack. All it has is speed which is useless considering its moves and the rest of its stats. One of my least favorite pokemon ever.

GarretCZ
April 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.

Hikamaru
April 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.

I don't find Vanilluxe disappointing, it has very well-balanced stats.

It can even raise its Defense with Acid Armor. It's actually a very good Pokemon.

Turn-it
April 9th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Pokemon I found disappointing:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/522.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/523.gif

Blitzle & Zebstrika
A Zebra Pokemon was something I always wanted but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Blitzle's defenses are so low it falls easily so guys, if you are training one please give it an Exp. Share. After evolving, Zebstrika's defenses are finally patched up but a lack of good moves was bad. Mine was able to beat Elesa's whole team though cos I did an Attract + Shock Wave + Flame Charge strategy. At least the design is awesome.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/509.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/510.gif

Purrloin & Liepard
Its defenses are so frail and all its stats suck apart from Speed. Also, it starts out really weak offense-wise and takes way too long to learn Night Slash. Definitely the worst of the cat Pokemon IMO.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/568.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/569.gif

Trubbish & Garbodor
These Poison-types really stink, don't use them. They are physical-based but the problem is the only physical STAB move they learn is Gunk Shot which is so inaccurate. And the Garbodor with Weak Armor are even worse. Hate Garbodor...

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/590.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/591.gif

Foongus & Amoonguss
These Pokemon are so crap, they are really sluggish and their attacks don't do much. I didn't really enjoy them a lot cos of that.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/618.gif

Stunfisk
One word, derp. Very slow and its like a terrible novelty Pokemon.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/631.gif

Heatmor
Definitely the worst of the Unova Fire-types.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/599.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/600.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/601.gif

Klink, Klang & Klinklang
I love these gears, they were OK. The problem is they are physical attackers and they don't have the right movepool to pull it off.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/519.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/520.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/521.gif

Pidove, Tranquill & Unfezant
I love the design, but the movepool is terrible. Physical based but the only physical Flying-type attacks they can learn are Fly, Pluck and Aerial Ace. I still enjoyed using Air Cutter/Air Slash on a Super Luck Unfezant equipped with Scope Lens. If you want to use this pigeon, get Super Luck for the ability cos Big Pecks is terrible.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/615.gif

Cryogonal
I love the design but its defense is so terrible despite being a special wall. It's like an Ice-type Blissey in some way. At least it gets an interesting movepool though.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/621.gif

Druddigon
One word, terrible Speed. Good movepool and abilities make up for it though.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/616.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/617.gif

Shelmet & Accelgor
They are very interesting but their strategies are so different. Shelmet uses defensive tactics but when it evolves, it has to adapt to being offensive. Accelgor's defenses and movepool sucked despite the cool design.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/588.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/589.gif

Karrablast & Escavalier
Cool designs but Escavalier's real dilemma is Speed. So sluggish everything will attack before it unless if it's Munchlax or Shuckle. Like Accelgor, Escavalier's movepool also didn't live up to expectations.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/594.gif

Alomomola
I like it's amazing support movepool but on the offensive spectrum, it's physical-based but lacks good physical Water-type attacks. Just focus on its support moves and you should be fine.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/527.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/528.gif

Woobat & Swoobat
The design looks cute and quirky but their stats all stink apart from Speed. At least they can learn Acrobatics, which is nice.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/555-zen.gif

Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
I hate it cos when Zen Mode triggers, you are so close to getting knocked out which is bad considering Zen Mode slows Darmanitan down and turns it into a Special attacker. Sheer Force is the much better ability.

quoted for truth for everyone of them! Very good analysis! There were so many disappointments with pokemon in this gen.

Rechi
April 9th, 2012, 03:16 AM
The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad >_>

Hikamaru
April 9th, 2012, 03:26 AM
The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad >_>

I tried all 3 out and Oshawott was the one I was most satisfied with, Tepig is 2nd best and Snivy is the worst.

Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.
Tepig = Good offenses and HP, terrible defenses and speed.
Oshawott = All-rounder but leans towards the offensive spectrum.

I 100% agree with you Rechi.

flubbateios
April 10th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Samurott = OHKO with any decent electric/grass type move.
I think Serperior turns out the best, you don't need the offense in game.

I think I got disappointed with Zekrom,Powerful? ... and I keep OHKO'ing it. :(

hardmr
April 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
One comes quickly to mind...
I personaly think Poison Pokemon are a waste of space, but seriously, Garbodor.
It is basically a pile of trash, (no pun intended) that can only beat Trubbishes and the occasional weedy Grass Pokemon, which aren't much better if you ask me.
On top of that, it's just scary. The stuff of nightmares.
I guess you just have to accept that evry generation has it's oddities, I mean, dont start me on Jynx...

Totaldile
April 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
OMG, Tepig, you useless pokemon.....
Dearie me if sucked. I played through first with Snivy, no trouble, then again with Oshawott; didn't evolve it because I loathe the design of the final evo. Struggled to beat Elite 4.

Super disappointed in the starters.

3L3MEN2
April 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
well i thought Garbodor was gonna be good but it was just useless

Madam Cheezy
April 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM
It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D

porkcrapper
April 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
that weird little electric-ground fisk thing. i mean, What the frick is that? it is fairly useless TBF...

MaddogSix
April 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM
definitely the ice cream cone one, Vanillite I think, the evolved forms were weak too...

Archenoth
April 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.

I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!

Quixote
April 15th, 2012, 09:53 PM
I was highly disappointed by the Snivy line, not only because it is the suckiest starter I have ever encountered, but also because I had high hopes. I always usually start with the grass starters (except Turtwig) and just look at Snivy's face! It knows it's going to kick your ass!

I was also disappointed by the Klink line and the Zebra line. Who said Galvantula? That thing never let me down haha.

Asuf
April 16th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I was thinking about leaving a spot free for Heatmor, but I looked it up and well, I wasn't impressed by what I saw, its another useless Pokemon, I like the design though.

Hikamaru
April 16th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I guess you never used the incredible move that was "Coil"? It was easy enough to take down most of the Elite four when it is around level 63-ish because of that move. Leech Seed, Coil a couple times, and then sweep the entire team!

I tested all 3 starters (after trading Snivy and Tepig from my brother's White) and with my eventual Serperior I tried the Coil strategy but it took time to set up which was a bit hard.

I found Emboar and Samurott easier cos they hit hard without needing a boost. This could be because I'm an all-out offensive battler so I usually don't waste time setting up.

Volcoronawing649
April 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Trubbish, Klink , Woobat, Vanilluxe, and Maractus (because we already HAVE a cactus Pokemon, and his name is Cacnea) Either then these 5 Pokemon, the generation 5 Pokemon are quite awesome, especially Volcarona_______________________________________________________________________

Volcarona FTW! Oh, and Larvesta, he is cool too...

Cassino
April 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.

Hikamaru
April 23rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
Cinccino: Relies on putting its opponent to sleep and/or attracting it, and multi-hit moves.
Eelektross: Nice in theory but still faints like anything else; can't really exploit its ability by being defensive.
Swoobat and Garbodor both look as bad as they are to me, so I wasn't disappointed with them, I could already tell.

Archeops is a beast though, don't let anyone tell ye otherwise because there is no ability — it's either at full HP or fainted after taking one hit.

I didn't find Eelektross, Cinccino or Archeops disappointing, I tried all 3 and I was satisfied.

I agree on Swoobat and Garbodor, they have terrible stats and are seriously lacking in good moves.

Lost Christmas
April 23rd, 2012, 08:02 AM
It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D

Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.

garjora
April 23rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Liepard was just awful, I didn't like the look of Trubbish either.

machomuu
April 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
The Ice Cream Cone and the Trash Bag and their evolutions. Equally.

Madam Cheezy
April 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Zebstrika if trained right, Can be a true powerhouse, 3 turns Is not luck, it would be called SKILL. Liepard miteaswell be calle retard, i agree it had no use, Audino were always just training material to me, never caught one.

Skill/luck, potato/potahto. Whatever. It was still a huge letdown for me.

You shouldnt have to do anything crazy to make a Pokemon work, is all I'm saying. A good Pokemon is as such without breeding, special training and whatnot. Most Zebstrika movesets I saw when I was doing my first playthrough suggested doing just that.

pokemews
April 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Hello everybody,

My biggest disappointment in the 5th gen of Poke'mon was "Reuniclus" When I first saw him i was stoked because he looked so cool .and he was a 3 evolution so I kinda had high hopes when it came to battling. I know Its right there in the stats. but he was so slow that I had to dump him. What is the use of a strong poke'mon if they don't even get the chance to attack. or just waite tons of HP every battle waiting to attack . idk.

that was a pretty big let down because i really wanted him to back up my team.

also. a big let down was "Seismitoad" i know i should have been used to the whole water+ground being extra weak to grass. but it just wasnt that good to have on my team. overall in the game and battling with friends. it was just an obvious flaw that made him hard to use. and i did like the design alot so it was hard to let him go.

anyways two poke'mon that i really liked and used well were: Vaniluxe (Sillycone) and Candelure (Candleheart) both of which supported my team in a big way.

peace out.

Alinthea
April 25th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I would have to be Trubbish & Garbodor. I think they look blooming horrible and more like they were thrown together quickly rather than anything.

Jellicent♀
April 25th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Liepard's defense was atrocious. I mean, it had a nice speed, cool design, cute cry, decent attack, and then came its defense.
My least favorite are Zorua and Zoarark, though. Design, ability, movepool, everything about them disappoints me.

Most of the other Pokemon I enjoy fully, though. Except for Klink and its evolutions. While I love it to death and want to hug every one I come across, their movepool needs some serious redesigning. That, or their stats. Like maybe they could have a high special attack and a decent physical attack, instead. That or learn better physical moves.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
April 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Gigalith, because of its moveset. It could've at least learned Iron Head or whatnot.

Hikamaru
April 25th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I would have to be Trubbish & Garbodor. I think they look blooming horrible and more like they were thrown together quickly rather than anything.

Yeah, I hated those things. Their movepool totally sucked cos they are Physical attackers and learn mainly Special moves.

Gleam Noiyam
April 25th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Stunfisk. It lives in water and it's not even a Water type. I find this disappointing to be honest.

Khrysta
April 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Stunfisk. It lives in water and it's not even a Water type. I find this disappointing to be honest.

Dratini lived in water and wasn't a water type. Stunfisk was a cool little twist. I found it pretty decent for a short while in game.

I was a little disappointed in Deino honestly. For a Psuedo Legendary Pokemon of a Type Combination that has been wanted for a long while now, I found it lacked in poswer compared to Axew's line when I got to use them.

Xatumi
April 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM

It learns muddy water, so it kinda balances out.

TheGr8
April 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hello everybody,

My biggest disappointment in the 5th gen of Poke'mon was "Reuniclus" When I first saw him i was stoked because he looked so cool .and he was a 3 evolution so I kinda had high hopes when it came to battling. I know Its right there in the stats. but he was so slow that I had to dump him. What is the use of a strong poke'mon if they don't even get the chance to attack. or just waite tons of HP every battle waiting to attack . idk.

that was a pretty big let down because i really wanted him to back up my team.

also. a big let down was "Seismitoad" i know i should have been used to the whole water+ground being extra weak to grass. but it just wasnt that good to have on my team. overall in the game and battling with friends. it was just an obvious flaw that made him hard to use. and i did like the design alot so it was hard to let him go.

anyways two poke'mon that i really liked and used well were: Vaniluxe (Sillycone) and Candelure (Candleheart) both of which supported my team in a big way.

peace out.

Well the first one, you could have trick room lol. I agree though, normally I'm used to fast paced pokemon so when it comes to slower mons, I have trouble fitting them into a team.

IMO the most disappointing pokemon in Gen V was Pidove and Co. I really just didn't get a liking to them like I did with the other "starting" birds especially after Staraptor. I just felt like it didn't do as well as they did.

dreamcatcher
April 26th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Purrloin/Liepard. They died way too quickly with such low defenses. Which kinda sucked cause I've always liked the cat Pokémon in past generations.

Tetra
April 26th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Mine would have to be Purrloin and Liepard. They pretty sucked -_-
Major drop from Glameow, I would completely get rid of Purrloin and Liepard if I had a choice, they literally were pretty bad in stats and attacks.

Hikamaru
April 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Purrloin/Liepard. They died way too quickly with such low defenses. Which kinda sucked cause I've always liked the cat Pokémon in past generations.

Mine would have to be Purrloin and Liepard. They pretty sucked -_-
Major drop from Glameow, I would completely get rid of Purrloin and Liepard if I had a choice, they literally were pretty bad in stats and attacks.

I agree with the two of you, I found training a Liepard really difficult.

StMRyEire
April 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Well, when I first saw Black and White, I didn't like the look of Zekrom and Reshiram. They didn't really shout "Dragon Legendaries" to me. That changed when I got into the game and, much like most who have posted, Liepard and Garbador would probably be in my most disappointing 5th Gen Pokemon. Marractus is also a large standout. Looks like a Digimon more than a Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog
April 28th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Druddigon. It's just... there. Under normal circumstances, it would be awesome, but it really isn't. It looks fugly, is ridiculously slow, and just isn't good to use. For a Dragon Pokemon, it really is quite pathetic. It could have been so much better, but it's just kinda crappy and boring.

Forever
April 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Druddigon. It's just... there. Under normal circumstances, it would be awesome, but it really isn't. It looks fugly, is ridiculously slow, and just isn't good to use. For a Dragon Pokemon, it really is quite pathetic. It could have been so much better, but it's just kinda crappy and boring.

I personally find its main abilities disappointing. I mean the Pokemon itself is ugly, but the abilities... well, idk, something like Guts would've been better suited to it and made it less disappointing.

2RandomStudios
April 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/631.gif
Heatmor
Design could have been so much better. Stats are a total letdown.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/615.gifhttp://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/614.gifhttp://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/584.gif
Cryogonal, Beartic, and Vanilluxe
This could have been the new beast ice types, but not so...

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/601.gif
Klinklang
Ok design, horrible movepool. C'mon Nintendo, just give us a good, pure steel type for once.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/621.gif
Druddigon
The design hurts my eyes

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/526.gif
Gigalith
Awesome design, awesome attack and defense, horrid movepool and speed.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/523.gif
Zebstrika
I was originally going to use this on my team, but it's stats just don't stack up against the better electric types. I love the design though.

This list is pretty incomplete, but I have stuff to go do :P
Also keep in mind that this list does not include Pokemon I knew would suck from the start. These are only the disappointing ones. The ones I was looking forward to using before I played the game.

Esper
April 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Zebstrika and Klinklang were both pretty disappointing since I had high hopes for them originally. Zebstrika is so fragile I was always running back to the Pokemon center and Klinklang just couldn't compete with the rest of my team so I ditched it pretty soon after getting it.

TheGr8
April 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/SpriterMaster/Pokemon%20Black%20and%20White%20gifs/631.gif
Heatmor
Design could have been so much better. Stats are a total letdown.

I knew I was forgetting something when I was thinking about my original post. I loved heatmor, although he was a major let down like you said with the stats. It's shiny sprite is also good too. Alot of the pokemon could have been really good, esp the ice types.

2RandomStudios
April 28th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I knew I was forgetting something when I was thinking about my original post. I loved heatmor, although he was a major let down like you said with the stats. It's shiny sprite is also good too. Alot of the pokemon could have been really good, esp the ice types.

Yea the shiny sprite for him is really cool in comparison, but I just can't get over how derpy the face looks.

Cassino
April 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I didn't find Eelektross, Cinccino or Archeops disappointing, I tried all 3 and I was satisfied.
What I meant regarding Archeops is that I like it —a lot— and that the many folk whom are disappointed with it probably fail to play it well, as its ability is generally their sole point of contention.

Joshawott
April 29th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Personally, I found Druddigon to perform quite admirably.

2RandomStudios
April 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Personally, I found Druddigon to perform quite admirably.

Unless you compare it with the much better dragon types like Hydreigon and Haxorus.

crimsonskarmory
April 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Trubbish and its other stupid evelution.

dreamcatcher
May 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
Actually I really liked Trubbish and Garbodor, they have an interesting, humorous appearance and in my opinion have a better design than Grimer/Muk, who they are often compared to.

Forever
May 3rd, 2012, 01:16 AM
Just a reminder to anybody that posts here, this thread is only about the most disappointing Pokemon you have used (and how you think you could improve it/whether you agree with others). If you dislike something in general or how it looks use favourites and least favourites (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=276932). Hopefully after editing the title that'll solve this issue we've been having for a while.

11wildy
May 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Training op Purrloin was a hell. It was weak offensively and defensively that badly that its good speed did not even make a difference. Deino as well, it missed a lot because of Hustle, but did not have the insane power I expected.

Hikamaru
May 3rd, 2012, 05:38 AM
Training op Purrloin was a hell. It was weak offensively and defensively that badly that its good speed did not even make a difference. Deino as well, it missed a lot because of Hustle, but did not have the insane power I expected.

Yeah, I remember training my Purrloin/Liepard. It was not fun.

And I had to do whatever it takes to raise my Deino into a powerful Hydreigon.

Thundurus!
May 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
The Emboar line was the biggest disappointment for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved its power and wide move-pool, but its pitiful speed and defense killed it for me. Plus the only good fighting move it could learn was Brick Break (it could learn Superpower, but I'm not a big fan of it).

Axeliira
May 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
I guess there were two Pokemon that disappointed me when playing my first playthrough. It was Liepard and Minccino. I was hoping for a dark-type Pokemon in my team, so I went for a Liepard. I could not pass the 2nd Gym with it. :(

During the B/W craze, I wanted to rename a Minccino after the Japanese name, Chillarmy. Then I realized that using it for battles is a bad idea. I trained it 5 levels higher than Elesa's Pokemon and still can't managed to beat them.

Both Pokemon were then replaced by Leavanny and Zebstrika.

ultimaleo
May 5th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I think that Liepard/Purrloin was a massive letdown. Sure, it was a bit useful earlier in the game, but really, as said earlier, it's a throwaway pokemon, and I really don't like them. I even struggled to get it to level 20! I has really bad move pool in the early level like Shinx, but unlike Shinx, Luxuray was worth it... Liepard wasn't.

Cid
May 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Simipour was sadly not on par with my other Pokémon in battling prowess, so I did find that disappointing. I also got really sad that Simisear on my other playthrough was just slightly stronger but still not sturdy enough. It just gave me the impression that I should just outright store Pansage in the PC if ever I choose Tepig, I just didn't want to get disappointed again.

And before I forget, Archeops also turned out to be far from what I expected him to be.

RudeStyle
May 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I was dissapointed with ALL the starters.

In my white game I didn't even use my starter and opted for Musharna and Liepard.
Both to be replaced again.

To be honest The Unova Pokedex was a massive let down.
The pokemon had par battling ability's.

xGunLuis
May 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
tepig....i dont enjoy using a pokemon that resembles a bacon bit! XD

Kota889
May 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Disappointments? Well, I have a lot of them. IMO, the starters sucked. all three of them. I liked most of the dark and ghost types, and a few of the steel and rock types.

Generally speaking though I find most of the pokemon unusable.

Hikamaru
May 21st, 2012, 12:01 AM
Disappointments? Well, I have a lot of them. IMO, the starters sucked. all three of them.

The starters did pretty well for me.

Serperior was the only one that sucked for me, probably cos mine had a hindering nature.

manutdrule
May 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
All the starters.

Plus Magnezone

STILL NO LEVITATE

Chris41279
May 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM
Well, honestly, i was pretty disappointed in Zebstrika. I half expected him to be a force to be reckoned with, then found out the hard way he's a squishy little thing.

Plusleminun
May 21st, 2012, 02:07 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that Druddigons base stat and especially it's speed weren't a bit higher. A Pokemon that cool-looking deserves better. :'(

Wiilio
May 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Pansear/Simisear. Ugh. That thing was just so hard to use. I ended up boxing it after Burgh. I literally couldn't use it with such a weak STAB in Incinerate.

Forever
May 22nd, 2012, 03:40 AM
All the starters.

Plus Magnezone

STILL NO LEVITATE

Well, Magnezone isn't a Pokemon from gen 5. :x

But yeah, I didn't really expect anything great from Tepig/Emboar originally and as a result it didn't really disappoint me, luckily. I was actually quite pleased with them. XD; Oshawott/Snivy, however, haven't really used so can't judge.

Hikamaru
May 22nd, 2012, 03:52 AM
Pansear/Simisear. Ugh. That thing was just so hard to use. I ended up boxing it after Burgh. I literally couldn't use it with such a weak STAB in Incinerate.

Yeah, agreed on that.

You get it a Level 10, to help against Cilan's Pansage who will counter your Oshawott. The problem is that Pansear has to stick with the very weak Incinerate for 12 levels.

C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
May 22nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
I had to stick with Pansear too, I had it to be like Lvl 15 until Pinwheel Forest, then 21 till Chargestone Cave. After Flame burst, things started looking OK, then the next problem, its still lvl 35 and all the routes are rainy. Couldn't train it there, so I had no choice but to evolve it and get Simisear to beat up Brycen. After that, I got Reshiram. It was a whole waste of time.

Doa
May 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
This generation is worth its salt with all the great Pokemon it cranked out. Most of the Pokemon previous posters have found disappointing have redeeming qualities. However, I cannot forgive...

...Purrloin and Liepard.
Purrloin is annoying to fight, and even when I do catch one I never want to evolve it.

I seriously hate Liepard. It's not very pleasant to look at, and it doesn't measure up to the evolutions of other generic Pokemon. Even Watchog could decimate it.

...Roggenrola.
I haven't checked out its evolutions because I dislike it so. It is annoying to fight (especially when I'm looking for Woobat or something else), particularly because it has the ability Harden. Unlike past Rock-type cave dwellers, this guy doesn't seem to show any promise...not that I care for Rock-types.

The rest are fine. Actually, most of the rest are pretty decent, if not great.

Plasmette
May 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
PURRLOIN...

So, shortly after tearing open the packaging for Pokemon white, and booted up the game and prepared from multiple fan gasms. It began veeeeeeery slooowwwly, as ALL Pokemon games do. Mainly because Game Freak doesn't want you to start with the running shoes. I got my Starter, frankly I wasn't a big fan of any of them at first, but Sinvy and Oshowatt grew on me a little bit. So, on my first venture through route 1, I encountered the 3 Pokes you could obtain up to that point.
Lillipup, Purrloin, and Patrat.
I didn't bother to pick up Patrat, knowing it was some Rattata clone that would be equally as sucky. I caught Lillipup, as my instincts told me it would be somewhat decent. Then I caught...PURRRLOIN....

It was almost impossible to train. I DID actually manage to get it to level 7. But I got FED UP, because AT LEVEL 7, it was getting killed by level 2's!

After a little searching, I saw its evolutions base stats and puked. Horrible attack, its frail, and only good thing about it is speed. And yet again, it gets OUTSPED BY EVERYTHING.

darkrai1018
May 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
I caught lilipup and i have never used him again so probly between him and scraggy.

invisible_light
May 25th, 2012, 06:49 AM
For me, I found Pansear to be the most disappointing. I thought, "How can a primate-like pokemon who knows how to use fire possibly be bad?". It was bad.

oldbarrel
May 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Trubbish & Garbodor
Mostly those two. I liekd the idea. But they just suck.

Limanya
May 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I don't know what's wrong with Purrloin/Liepard. I love using them. Maybe because they fit with my type of battling! Or just because they are cats. But i really don't like Sigilyph. TERRIBLE POKEMON ALERT! Yup. That's the first thing coming to mind when i'm battling it. Design? Even worse.

Khrysta
May 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Gunna sound wierd but I was playing through on a spare copy of white and finally managed to catch a Drilbur. Everyone has been hyping it up and its even on the Uber list, but when I got it to an Excadrill I was highly disappointed. Its Move pool is ok for its type, still need it to branch out better move wise, but It keeps dying way too fast for me. Brycen OHKO'd it with his Cryognal, when I used it against the E4 it didn't stay up for more than two hits which was odd. I have a neutral nature for it so nature wasn't really an issue. Just don't see why its so hyped up.

The Zororoaster
May 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Gunna sound wierd but I was playing through on a spare copy of white and finally managed to catch a Drilbur. Everyone has been hyping it up and its even on the Uber list, but when I got it to an Excadrill I was highly disappointed. Its Move pool is ok for its type, still need it to branch out better move wise, but It keeps dying way too fast for me. Brycen OHKO'd it with his Cryognal, when I used it against the E4 it didn't stay up for more than two hits which was odd. I have a neutral nature for it so nature wasn't really an issue. Just don't see why its so hyped up.

Being Uber in the metagame =/= to being good in-game. It really needs a sandstorm going to be successful and needs some good EV training as well.

And I hate to take the lazy route here, but pretty much all of Unova disappointed me, but at the same time none of them did. My hopes for interesting new Pokemon were crushed with Diamond and Pearl(although I really liked the new evolutions in that game) that I couldn't get my hopes up too high.
By far the worst Pokemon of ALL TIME has to be Vanilluxe though, its a f[expletive]ing ice cream cone, and a stupid looking one at that!

I did like a few, such as Giglaith, Zoroark, Reniclus, Axew, and Victini, but there aren't very many more. There are some pretty awesome battlers though.

Ninjasaber
May 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Haha, I'm probably the only person who would say this, but for me it was Stunfisk.

And I know it's a novelty Pokemon, so it's not supposed to be all that great, but I run novelty/NU/RU teams anyway. I was intrigued by its typing-Electric/Ground was definitely not something you see everyday, right? I had really high hopes for it, but...well, I guess I aimed too high.

I mean, its defenses aren't bad. Actually, it kind of absorbs attacks. But Stunfisk is a major pain to train, because you have to constantly switch it in and out of battle (I bred mine), and it doesn't have the Attack/Sp. Attack to deal too many blows. Additionally, it was weak to too many commonly used types, such as Water, Grass, and Electric, so I decided maybe it wasn't the best choice for my gimmick team.

...Not that I wouldn't use it, just not competitively. For battles against friends, sure. Imagine their faces if they saw a Lv. 100 Stunfisk on the battlefield...

manutdrule
May 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM

erm are u serious? a sword dance or 2 and it can rape everything ingame. just give it more coverage in its movepool.
of course dont switch it onto something like a sturdy sawk than can esaily revenge kill u with effective fighting moves

awolfsquared
May 27th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I will have to agree with everyone and say Purrloin/Liepard. I thought it was be a good Pokemon, but it ended up being hard to train. It would take damage too easily and fainted too much for me to deal with.
Also, Solosis. I caught one because I heard Reuniclus was a really good Pokemon. The only problem was it levels up slowly. So I wasn't really motivated to train it and evolve it. I'll admit it has really good Special Attack, but the rest of its stats are awful and I just didn't feel like using it. So it's been boxed since it got to level 24.

Hikamaru
May 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Also, Solosis. I caught one because I heard Reuniclus was a really good Pokemon. The only problem was it levels up slowly. So I wasn't really motivated to train it and evolve it. I'll admit it has really good Special Attack, but the rest of its stats are awful and I just didn't feel like using it. So it's been boxed since it got to level 24.

I remember trading a Solosis from my brother's White to raise into a Reuniclus.

She struggled so much I needed to switch her often, not to mention that Solosis evolves like at least 13 levels after it is caught and it doesn't get any decent STAB moves until it learns Psychic, which is at Level 39 as Duosion, only two levels away from Reuniclus.

Gothita's line evolves at the same levels (32 and 41) but unlike Solosis, Gothita has a decent STAB move right off the bat. So yeah, Gothita is easier to train than her counterpart Solosis not to mention she has slightly better Speed.

I eventually got my Reuniclus in the end cos I never gave up.

DarkAbsolX
May 28th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Pokemon I found disappointing:

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/522.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/523.gif

Blitzle & Zebstrika
A Zebra Pokemon was something I always wanted but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Blitzle's defenses are so low it falls easily so guys, if you are training one please give it an Exp. Share. After evolving, Zebstrika's defenses are finally patched up but a lack of good moves was bad. Mine was able to beat Elesa's whole team though cos I did an Attract + Shock Wave + Flame Charge strategy. At least the design is awesome.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/509.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/510.gif

Purrloin & Liepard
Its defenses are so frail and all its stats suck apart from Speed. Also, it starts out really weak offense-wise and takes way too long to learn Night Slash. Definitely the worst of the cat Pokemon IMO.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/568.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/569.gif

Trubbish & Garbodor
These Poison-types really stink, don't use them. They are physical-based but the problem is the only physical STAB move they learn is Gunk Shot which is so inaccurate. And the Garbodor with Weak Armor are even worse. Hate Garbodor...

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/590.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/591.gif

Foongus & Amoonguss
These Pokemon are so crap, they are really sluggish and their attacks don't do much. I didn't really enjoy them a lot cos of that.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/618.gif

Stunfisk
One word, derp. Very slow and its like a terrible novelty Pokemon.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/631.gif

Heatmor
Definitely the worst of the Unova Fire-types.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/599.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/600.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/601.gif

Klink, Klang & Klinklang
I love these gears, they were OK. The problem is they are physical attackers and they don't have the right movepool to pull it off.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/519.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/520.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/521.gif

Pidove, Tranquill & Unfezant
I love the design, but the movepool is terrible. Physical based but the only physical Flying-type attacks they can learn are Fly, Pluck and Aerial Ace. I still enjoyed using Air Cutter/Air Slash on a Super Luck Unfezant equipped with Scope Lens. If you want to use this pigeon, get Super Luck for the ability cos Big Pecks is terrible.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/615.gif

Cryogonal
I love the design but its defense is so terrible despite being a special wall. It's like an Ice-type Blissey in some way. At least it gets an interesting movepool though.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/621.gif

Druddigon
One word, terrible Speed. Good movepool and abilities make up for it though.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/616.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/617.gif

Shelmet & Accelgor
They are very interesting but their strategies are so different. Shelmet uses defensive tactics but when it evolves, it has to adapt to being offensive. Accelgor's defenses and movepool sucked despite the cool design.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/588.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/589.gif

Karrablast & Escavalier
Cool designs but Escavalier's real dilemma is Speed. So sluggish everything will attack before it unless if it's Munchlax or Shuckle. Like Accelgor, Escavalier's movepool also didn't live up to expectations.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/594.gif

Alomomola
I like it's amazing support movepool but on the offensive spectrum, it's physical-based but lacks good physical Water-type attacks. Just focus on its support moves and you should be fine.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/527.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/528.gif

Woobat & Swoobat
The design looks cute and quirky but their stats all stink apart from Speed. At least they can learn Acrobatics, which is nice.

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/555-zen.gif

Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
I hate it cos when Zen Mode triggers, you are so close to getting knocked out which is bad considering Zen Mode slows Darmanitan down and turns it into a Special attacker. Sheer Force is the much better ability.

Well i liked Zebstrika and Escavaleir..
The other pokemons i agree with you..
I can't even explain what is that garbage pokemon..
Who wants to use a garbagge bag?

One more thing..I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS ABSENT FROM THE FORUM SINCE 2009(!)..

Ninjasaber
May 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Welcome back, DarkAbsolX! Nice to meet you :)

And I don't know why they made a garbage bag Pokemon. Are they running out of ideas...?

Anyways, Zebstrika sort of disappointed me. Its design was so awesome-looking, but mine couldn't take any hits...

Illuminaughty
May 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
As many of you have already indicated, Liepard is soooooo disappointing. I usually don't even care if the stats or movepools are just sub-par, but Liepard was just flat-out useless. I hope that Liepard is given an evolution in a future generation because I love it's design but it is just so weak.

Well, I guess it's not as disappointing as Delcatty, which doesn't even break into the 400 base-stat range.

Galvanik
May 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Like some guy said earlier, Drilbur just wasn't doing it for me. I got it thinking I'd turn it into a Phys Attack monster, but honestly it's damage output even evolved and at high levels was rather meh all things considered (My Samurott was just as strong and had better defense). It really bummed me out because I kept waiting for it to turn into this awesome beast and it just never did.

Aquarius1997
May 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
My Drilbur was actually useful considering how my whole team was overleveled

Liepard was awesome until you got to the desert. Thats when he got overshawdowed by better dark types like Scrafty and Krookadile

Obesesniper93
May 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I think Tepig is pretty dissappointing.
I JUST started Black yesterday(my b-day gift :D)) and I have to say, another fire/fighting starter is disappointing.

And I don't know why they made a garbage bag Pokemon. Are they running out of ideas...?
^^This!!! I'm still waiting for a chair pokemon that is an electric type, or a tree pokemon that is Grass/Fire ;)

SilentShadow
May 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'm going with Eelecktross, looking at it, it was one of the coolest designs of the 5th gen and had levitate, no weaknesses! But when I caught Tynamo (after searching for forever) it was a complete letdown for what it was. First off at Tynamo, you are stuck with only 4 moves, cant change 'em. Eventually, I did get it to its final stage, but it wasn't THAT powerful and eventually I dumped it for a Braviary

DarkAbsolX
May 30th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Liepard Still better than a garbage bag...
An attacker garbage bag that only learns Gunk shot as it's best physical attack..

Gunk shot that for itself is soooooo inaccurate..

I think Blaziken and Infernape where awesome for Fire/Fighting types but Emboar is like a "wanabe" of those two..

And those gear pokemon..geez..what's happening to the creativity of the designers?

Eпvy
May 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hm... I never had any issues with my Zebstrika. In fact, I was quite satisfied. I always used a Pikachu/Raichu in the past games. Except for in HG - I had to use Ampharos for the walkthrough and that Pokemon was a slight disappointment (although the pre-evolutions are adorable).

The one that I thought I would use but ended up not using was the fire monkey... Pansear? I got to around Lvl. 20, but it just wasn't powerful enough. It kept on getting defeated and I got sick of training it.

DarkAbsolX
May 30th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I agree with you in the apes thing..

I have one Pansear but i didn't go with his stats..I gave up on him when i found Larvesta and after Volcarona (one of the best fire pokemons in my opinion).

I like Zebstrika though..

But i don't agree with you when you said Ampharos was disappointing..

Come on ..Ampharos is so cool and powerfull too !!

Google2.0
June 4th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Foongus.
It's useless and their attacks can't do anything.

Cariad
June 4th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Like the others have said, Liepard. It's movepool sucks and it's defense is a little too low for my liking. At least it's design was cute, otherwise I don't think I'd own one on my Black file.

TheFinalBrandon
June 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
For me, it was Swoobat. I had some fun punching stuff with Woobat's nose (That is how I imagine Heart Stamp works), but for the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th gym, it served no purpose other than fodder, and even then it is pretty frail so it never was that good at it. Even in the Elite Four, its impact against Marshall was 3rd rate, and it is Psychic/Flying.

Squirrel
June 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Golurk. I expected this Pokemon to be amazing but it turned out to be a huge disappointment :( I was soo excited to use one because it's a combination of two of my favourite types and its stats + moves + typing are all very good, as well as an ability that increases the power of punching moves, but it was a massive disappointment and could barely hurt a fly. Whether or not this was down to IVs or nature I don't know because in all honesty I didn't think to check on account of it being an in-game Pokemon, but yeah, huge disappointment!

SirWolfiekins
June 4th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I had to say I was most disappointed in heatmor

۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
June 4th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I hate liepard! The design looks nice but it has bad stats
Trubbish/Garbodor its dissappointing too.
Foongus is better than liepard and trubbish

Forever
June 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I had to say I was most disappointed in heatmor

Oh why? Is it because of its ability or the fact that other fire Pokemon just outclass it?

There're a lot of dissappointing pokemon in unova. They should fix it. I wish Pokemon Black 2 and White2 will be better!

Well the point of this thread is to mention what in particular you're disappointed in! So which ones in specific that you've used - maybe a few of us may end up agreeing?

۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
June 4th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sorry... Requility, ''they'' means The Pokemon Game Maker XD

miltankRancher
June 6th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Zebstrika. from the design, I thought that it is going to be another decent electabuzz. I was mistaken. I dumped it as soon as I can replace it with Galvantula. That spider is more wicked.

Slike
June 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Serperior wasn't that great to use. Its attack stats aren't very good, though its defenses are. I suppose it's only underwhelming because I'm so used to going to my starter when I need to finish something quickly.

Also, while Hydreigon is great, it's not worth the absurdly high evolution level.

Haneen
June 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Liepard was the most dissapointing pokemon I've ever used.. I guess it's because I've put some real high expectations on it, I mean real high!
a Dark pokemon with a fantastic design that is obtainable from the start of the game, that's just wow! but as you evolve it and try to engage it in battles, you immediately feel how very weak it is.. I couldn't keep it for long although I loved it

Leavanny and Zebstrika as well, to some extent the move sets they've been given aren't really great, especially Zebstrika which has a great design and it deserves better, but at least it does it's job pretty fine and can sweep teams on it's own

Migrating Mews
June 8th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Darmanitan (Zen Mode) and Audino. Darmanitan look really cool but then really sucked at attacking for me. Audino... well... it's self explanatory. lol

Forever
June 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Darmanitan (Zen Mode) and Audino. Darmanitan look really cool but then really sucked at attacking for me. Audino... well... it's self explanatory. lol

Unfortunately I disagree on the Audino part. I played through with it non-seriously, but by level 100 it was my strongest Pokemon and took on Alder's team and easily defeated it - even Volcarona, so if grinded it can be of real use in the games, imo.

Altairis
June 14th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I caught a Purrloin early in the game but it was really bad - it didn't learn any good moves leveling up, horrible stats, was just bad in general. It could have been and looked really good too. :/

For some odd reason I kept with it during the black storyline and it held up my team, instead of training the others I would be using the trainers to level up Purrloin and still it was really bad D:

Zebstrika was really disappointing too, it was also frail and has a bad movepool. :/

Also Pidove's line. They could have given it a better movepool too, it didn't really get much of a choice with attacks.

CSCcascade
July 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
I think that Nintendo should do away with Unova. i love pokemon dearly, but this one just doesn't cut it for me. it doesn't really feel like a pokemon game to me.
oh and for the most disappointing pokemon in unova,

pidove! this pokemon had a cool design and all, (i love male unfezant) but the movepool was really shocking! early on i didn't have a decent move besides air cutter (which didn't do it for me).

also purrloin,
crappy defenses, and ok attack stat. the only thing that it had going for it was speed.
all around bad pokemon.

anyway now that we are done complaining, let's have a cup of tea shall we?

Ultimate Uchiha
July 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Braviary was definitely a major letdown for me. I remember seeing it's pre-release picture and think how much of an epic Pokemon it would turn out to be. Sadly, it's stats are nowhere near what I hoped they would be and training a Rufflet all the way to level 54 is not something I would do again. I don't think Braviary is a bad Pokemon but there are other flying types I'd rather use like Archeops even with it's terrible ability.

KingoftheNinnies
July 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
Cryogonal, by a long shot. I saw its picture and thought it was going to be this gen's Ice-type beast (like Glalie in Gen III) and then there was the fact that the chances of meeting it in the wild only go as high as 5%. I got super excited over it and had great plans for it. Then after nearly 5 hours in Twist Mountain I got one and it was such a let down. Its Sp. Atk was ok but it was useless in every other stat.

The three monkey pokemon, obviously. They quickly outlived their usefulness.

Druddigon. I didn't like its low speed. I make it a rule that if a Pokemon needs a Quick Claw to go first it has no place on my team. I only broke that for the Tirtouga line who, unless you choose Oshawott or Snivy, are the first water types you can get (I think).

I do have to disagree with a lot of the others though. I found Zebstrika to be a great pokemon, even though I replaced it with Joltik/Galvantula it served its purpose well. Purrloin is this Gen's Poochyena, don't expect it to work wonders and cr*p miracles :)

Vsjester13
July 2nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
First off i found Patrat abit of a letdown it became useless really fast.

Secound i found Deerling and Sawsbuck pretty useless sure the idea of a deer that looks different depending on the season was good but i never really found it a usefull pokemon.

Third would be Cubchoo and it's evo it's one of the worst ice types from my point of view.

dracoflare
July 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
The starters themselves...never I have felt the starters to be so redundant. Serperior, Emboar and Samurott and their preevolved forms honestly disappointed me.(not design wise but battle wise)

Serperior was practically useless ingame it takes atleast 3-4 coils to actually kill something.

Emboar was okay. But the fact is I had to rely on Arm thrust for a looong time and I actually couldn't use him properly till the 7th gym, where he learnt Brick Break and the gym was Ice gym.

I honestly can't comment about Samurott because I didn't play the game completely when I played the first time and chose Oshawott...and yes I played BW three times.

Rivvon
July 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
For me it would have to be Liepard. I LOVE its design, but I was so disappointed with how little I could really use it. Mine ended up being replaced fairly early on by Scraggy/Scrafty.

Pokéman01
July 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Escaliver and Garbodor, they fail me even at level 100

AquaticWartortle
July 2nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
1. Pansear - I had a bad experience using Pansear against Cilan, it has a horrible moveset when you first get it with the only good moves being Lick & Incinerate (Which was a horrible move) so it failed but when it evolves it gets better.

2. Heatmor I tested it out and it battled just how it looked.

3. Woobat evolution line Again, tested them and they sucked.

Forever
July 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Secound i found Deerling and Sawsbuck pretty useless sure the idea of a deer that looks different depending on the season was good but i never really found it a usefull pokemon.

imo it's p awesome competitively, especially in sun. :x

Cryogonal, by a long shot. I saw its picture and thought it was going to be this gen's Ice-type beast (like Glalie in Gen III) and then there was the fact that the chances of meeting it in the wild only go as high as 5%. I got super excited over it and had great plans for it. Then after nearly 5 hours in Twist Mountain I got one and it was such a let down. Its Sp. Atk was ok but it was useless in every other stat.

It also has nice special defense too! sucky defense though unfortunately. :(

Braviary was definitely a major letdown for me. I remember seeing it's pre-release picture and think how much of an epic Pokemon it would turn out to be. Sadly, it's stats are nowhere near what I hoped they would be and training a Rufflet all the way to level 54 is not something I would do again. I don't think Braviary is a bad Pokemon but there are other flying types I'd rather use like Archeops even with it's terrible ability.

Well it does get access to good moves such as Return/Brave Bird/U-turn/Superpower (lmao @ basically its competitive moveset :x) so it can do good if trained right imo.

I think that Nintendo should do away with Unova.

:(

Hikamaru
July 3rd, 2012, 07:24 AM
The Emboar line was the biggest disappointment for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved its power and wide move-pool, but its pitiful speed and defense killed it for me. Plus the only good fighting move it could learn was Brick Break (it could learn Superpower, but I'm not a big fan of it).

Emboar didn't suck for me, it's cool.

I eventually got the chance to train one and he didn't let me down... mine even had a good nature (I guess Jolly is one of the best natures for Emboar) and mine was lucky to have gotten good Speed IVs.

Even though he gets stuck with Arm Thrust until you get to Mistralton City, it's still helpful. You forgot to mention that he gets Hammer Arm through the Move Relearner which hits hard. REALLY HARD.

Plasmette
July 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Emboar sucks. Sure, he has a great attack stat and good HP, but he is so slow and so frail that a strong super effective STAB could probably 2HKO or OHKO it. Infernae and Blaziken are frail, but they are at least fast at hit hard too.

I'm getting sick of Firefighter starter Pokemon. 3 in a row? Seriously?

NatureKeeper
July 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Pansear. He was very weak. Swapped him from Victini as soon as I reached Castelia.

Shootingace
July 5th, 2012, 05:35 AM
I actually found the starters to be really cool. The biggest letdown for me was :
the Klink line, zebstrika and pansage, panpour and pansear and for all those people who think unova should be disregarded, I think it was pretty cool. They did a great job with the graphics.

Reshiram Man
July 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I actually found the starters to be really cool. The biggest letdown for me was :
the Klink line, zebstrika and pansage, panpour and pansear and for all those people who think unova should be disregarded, I think it was pretty cool. They did a great job with the graphics.

Almost all of these Pokemon/ Pokemon lines you said could have been fixed if they had a better movepool.

But, there's no help for one Pokemon: Stunfisk.
Stunfisk is terrible, having no evolutions, having a extremely wierd typing, and a somewhat bad movepool.

zombie101
July 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
crygonal are whatever its moves were bad and i just gave up on him

Relith
July 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I understand why people think Archeops is a disappointment, but I think it's great after it learns acrobatics and has full health with no items attached. That means you get 4x attack ability for just obliterating the enemy team.

Anyway, the biggest disappointment in this generation is the starters. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but they all lack the thing I call "awareness" which what I mean by that is that every pokemon I face in generation 5 with this guys fully evolved, it just goes terrible. Even if there is a type advantage over the enemy, Serperior can't deliver a one hit KO from leaf blade.

Emboar can, but he only helps with taking out liepards & zebstrikas you find along the routes as well as helping in 3 ogyms. I really do think he looks stupid too.

And finally we get to Samurott, the balanced water-type starter. Let me start of by saying he is a great pokemon.. In the beginning of the game where you must face the first gym leader he can be quite a help (even though there's a type advantage against you), but so are the other starters that I bashed. Just like every other starter in the generation, he eventually isn't relevant later on in the game. I have boxed all of my starters due to this.

Blitzatrix
July 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I'd have to say Pidove. Pokemon has had a long time of having a "decent" normal-flying type bird pokemon in the beginning routes. Pidove interrupted that. He's a great physical attacker without good physical moves. The only good one it gets is Fly. I don't know if Gamefreak was trying to continue our bird pokemon with Rufflet, but if so... It's waaaayy to late in the game. And you're gonna struggle taking on the E4 with a NFE pokemon.

Hikamaru
July 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I understand why people think Archeops is a disappointment, but I think it's great after it learns acrobatics and has full health with no items attached. That means you get 4x attack ability for just obliterating the enemy team.

Why do you think Archeops is bad? I used one in Black and he was AMAZING! He really ripped apart teams with Acrobatics.

I wasn't originally going to use him cos of his unfortunate ability but hey, if you give something a go you might not be disappointed.

Anyway, the biggest disappointment in this generation is the starters. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, but they all lack the thing I call "awareness" which what I mean by that is that every pokemon I face in generation 5 with this guys fully evolved, it just goes terrible. Even if there is a type advantage over the enemy, Serperior can't deliver a one hit KO from leaf blade.

Serperior wasn't the best for me, I just don't work in sync with Grass Starters. Mine did have a hindering nature which made it hard for me, cos he couldn't even KO anything easily unless if he got a Coil boost.

Emboar can, but he only helps with taking out liepards & zebstrikas you find along the routes as well as helping in 3 ogyms. I really do think he looks stupid too.

Emboar actually turned out good for me, probably because the one I used had a beneficial nature and good IVs in Speed.

I know he's stuck with Arm Thrust until you get to the 6th Gym (as far as Fighting moves go) but once you get a Heart Scale, you can get him to learn Hammer Arm which hits HARD.

And finally we get to Samurott, the balanced water-type starter. Let me start of by saying he is a great pokemon.. In the beginning of the game where you must face the first gym leader he can be quite a help (even though there's a type advantage against you), but so are the other starters that I bashed. Just like every other starter in the generation, he eventually isn't relevant later on in the game. I have boxed all of my starters due to this.

Samurott did the best out of the starters, at least for me. It's just that I work well with Water Starters not to mention his stats are balanced and can use both special and physical attacks effectively.

Mine has a balanced moveset and he will always be one of my best.

coolkidawesome
July 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I could never be disapointed in a pokemon because I can train any single one. I've been playing for a long time and I could train even a purrloin or zebstrika (which is most of your disappointments) to level 75 with no hassle. It would just take a while.

teejermiester
July 7th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I was disappointed by both my petilil and my solosis line. Sure, they both have AMAZING special attack, and lilligant hits HARD with a couple quiver dances under her belt, but I ended up dropping both of them for a
maractus on both of my runs. The thing is an awesome sunny day/solarbeam sweeper, and with clorophyll became unstoppable. Plus, you have good support moves like synthesis, cotton guard, etc.

Evisector
July 7th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I was disappointed with Eelektross. I found it too slow to really be any use in my team and ended up dropping it for Galvantula.

Eeohnex
July 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I was disappointed with Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour. Their designs were awful along with their move-pool. Stored them right after I got them.

Also, Beartic, has one of the sickest Pokémon designs in Generation V. But its stats make him irrelevant compared to other Ice-Type Pokémon in the game such as Vanilluxe.

Sabrewulf238
July 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I didn't feel overly let down with any pokemon really. The six pokemon I set my sights on (Samurott, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Cofagrigus, Scolipede and Darmanitan) did quite well for me. I was let down that Cofagrigus wasn't a Ghost/Steel type though....but I got over it.

I would say the Monkey trio feel very underwhelming to me, to the point where I would never consider them for my team at all. I really love a lot of the Unova pokemon designs but I'm not overly fond of the Monkey trio evolutions....they kind of also feel like they need a second evolution too. They don't look very tough/capable.

SuperTreaz
July 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Well, the monkey trio (they were awful), and Stunfisk.

Everyone says he is so "adorable"... I find him to be utterly disgusting and annoying. However, the Electric/Ground typing was a nice surprise to me, especially when he OHKO'd my Samurott.

Nolafus
July 20th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Zebstrika probably. I mean it's good, I even used one to take down the elite four, but it's move pool was what got me. It can learn only 2 physical electric type moves. One isn't powerful and the other has recoil damage.

Forever
July 21st, 2012, 12:19 AM
Zebstrika probably. I mean it's good, I even used one to take down the elite four, but it's move pool was what got me. It can learn only 2 physical electric type moves. One isn't powerful and the other has recoil damage.

I kinda wish it had higher sPA then it wouldn't matter if it had a bad physical moveset. :( But nope, ty GF for being meeeaaan to those who want to use it!

Cyclone
July 21st, 2012, 04:48 AM
However, the Electric/Ground typing was a nice surprise to me, especially when he OHKO'd my Samurott.
Yup, Electric is the trump card against Water types...

I've always had issues training Zebstrika. Been a while since he came out of the PC. I think since I gave him Pokérus.

Cyclone

Olliee
July 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
I was pretty let down by the lillipup line - they looked great from the get go, and they are.. they are very usable until about 3/4 into the game and I just found them completely useless and redundant on my team. :(

However I LOVEDDD Stunfisk. It was boss.

danaxe
July 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM
i have a very long list

serpeirior line
bouffulant
vullaby line
scolipede
leavanny
zekrom
virizion
gigalith
swoobat
krookodile
kyurem
tepig and pignite((emboar rules)below sammurott though)
ferrothorn line
i have more but cannot think of them

Zagan
July 26th, 2012, 01:25 PM
For offline play, the only pokemon I am having troubles with are the element monkys :( Swoobat was cool in game, but online >.< meh :P

Keiran
July 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Braviary. I LOVED its design, but in combat it's no where near Staraptor in strength...sigh.

atmmachine11
July 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Stunfisk. That is all. He is honestly just terrible in every possible way I can think of , besides being the most derpiest pokemon yet.

Tetrakeet
July 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I had high hopes for the Purrloin, but the movepool and overall bad stats proved too weak to ever do anything impressive with one. :(

manutdrule
July 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
the starters (especially serperior) and the monkey trios. just...sigh

docowocool
July 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
For me, Reshiram. By the time I got there, my team was too high level, I tried it out on run 2, but evenwhen it got 100lvl Cynthia's Garchomp made it sweep the floor. Al my pokemon were murdered my that massacerer Cynthia, Volcarona sweeped her though. I was also disppointed with Panpour and Simipour, mainly because they suck with my team.

Cyclone
July 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I've become disappointed with my Emboar. This was while forming my E4 team; its stats are way too low. I am omitting it from the E4 battles as the type isn't perfectly suited for any of them (though I could give it a Fighting TM move perhaps), and will likely take Volcarona into the Champion's room if I need Fire; I haven't studied his team yet and won't until I'm ready to challenge.

Cyclone

WolfricX
July 31st, 2012, 05:10 AM
The most disappointing was a lv65 Madibuzz.

I had been on GTSN and traded a really strong and fast level 41 Zebstrika for it, thinking its would be really good. It was possibly the weakest and most disappointing pokemon I have used through all three series I have played.

Nuf said......

Micah_S
July 31st, 2012, 06:56 AM
Purrloin, I was looking forward to have it in my team before the games were released but I hate it

SuperSaiyanII
August 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Serperior was a big let down for me because of it's terrible move pool and mediocre offensive stats. I understand it's supposed to be a defensive minded Pokemon but it lacks the moves to back that up.

MIAU
August 11th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I hate to say it, but Swoobat. He's just the cutest thing, and I was crazy enough to take him to the E4, even though Marshal's team had some Rock moves, I though he was fast enough to hit first and dodge them. Sadly, he wasn't. Nonetheless, he's still one of my favorites, and nowadays he flies me around post-E4 Unova.

Also, Panpour. I needed a Water-type though, so he was still on the team, but I replaced him with Tympole as soon as I had the chance.

rubin
August 11th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Gigalith was probably the worst. While it is unarguably a very good looking Pokemon, it was just too slow to accomplish much during my playthrough. Having to constantly rely on Quick Claw hax got extremely tiring, so I replaced him with Beartic, which performed much better.

UberUmbreon
August 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I honestly found timburr and the evolutions after to be a let down. It was a good poke to have in the beginning but it slowly got worse when you progressed through the game.

Cerberus87
August 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Carracosta. Sturdy is a lifesaver, but other than that, it's slow and even after a Shell Smash boost it doesn't outspeed anything...

Funny that people had problems with Emboar. It's slow, but powerful, and Hammer Arm hits very hard.

Mandibuzz with Nasty Plot was fun to use and scored a few surprise kills in my playthrough. It's also very durable.

ranimal101
August 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cryogonal
Lacking defensively despite being a special wall. It resembles Blissey stats in some light.

Azure Rathalδs
August 13th, 2012, 01:38 AM
In the 'useless pokemon-o-meter', Gen 5 ranks up with Gen 3 for introducing the most useful Pokemon. Granted there a few awful ones like every generation, but we aren't swimming in them like Gen 4.

Cyrognal is a decent special wall, however it's defence cripples it against all physical attacks. Plus, the Ice typing gives all the weaknesses towards the most common physical attackers.

Liepard is just a poor man's Mightyena, a already rarely used Pokemon. It's about as frail as toilet paper.

The simi pokemon are awful too, and are outclassed by almost all of their rivals. Horrible designs as well.

The worst of all of them is Archeops. Defeatist basically makes a great looking attacker turn into a hit and run machine, plus it's awful defences basically makes it impossible to do anything to fast and powerful opponents (very common in-game).

Cerberus87
August 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
In the 'useless pokemon-o-meter', Gen 5 ranks up with Gen 3 for introducing the most useful Pokemon. Granted there a few awful ones like every generation, but we aren't swimming in them like Gen 4.

They look useful because they're all you can use. In the metagame, however, you'll find most of them lurking in NU with the exception of obviously broken Pokémon like Excadrill.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.

rubin
August 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
The worst of all of them is Archeops. Defeatist basically makes a great looking attacker turn into a hit and run machine, plus it's awful defences basically makes it impossible to do anything to fast and powerful opponents (very common in-game).

Unless you're playing at at least 10 level disadvantage, it's nearly impossible to not kill everything in your path with the combo of itemless Acrobatics and Rock Slide. Even if for some reason the opponent will live the onslaught and activate your Defeatist, it's not like you're in Wi-Fi battle, the Potions are here at your disposal.

The only thing fast and powerful enough to kill Archeops in-game before it tries to attack is Zebstrika IIRC. Seeing as the difference in Base Speed is a measly 6 points, it will be impossible for you to not outspeed the zebra and defeat it with, say, Dig. (unless you're at enourmous level disadvantage or rolled some terrible nature and IVs)

But, different strokes for different folks. I personally had a lot of troubles playing with Darumaka, which is supposed to be one of the best in-game Pokemon in BW (ended up boxing the thing lol), so in some way I can understand your view of Archeops.

They look useful because they're all you can use. In the metagame, however, you'll find most of them lurking in NU with the exception of obviously broken Pokémon like Excadrill.

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.So? If I've read his post correctly all he talked about was in-game, so his point is very much valid.

Jiggly Jello
August 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I personally can't stand Liepard. I kept him around because he was a minority Pokemon for quite some time. I ditched it when Simisage learned Bite. It has been good enough for me thus far. I've had a much easier time having Simisage around and besides, I've always been partial to the monkeys...possibly because of the flying purple ones living in my head!

Forever
August 14th, 2012, 01:59 AM

It's a bit of a shame, really, because it's not hard to make a team in Gen V with what you're given.

That's just why NU is better.

Competitively they're not that disappointing anyway. Even though many are in NU, Pokemon such as Sawk can be one of the more annoying Pokemon to face and within the tiers theyre in... They're probably as good as or better than others. In-game they're probably worse anyway because you don't use as many creative sets as you could on a simulator.

Cyclone
August 14th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I personally can't stand Liepard. I kept him around because he was a minority Pokemon for quite some time. I ditched it when Simisage learned Bite. It has been good enough for me thus far. I've had a much easier time having Simisage around and besides, I've always been partial to the monkeys...possibly because of the flying purple ones living in my head!
AND THEN...
EXCADRILL

Seriously, you're going to have the day where Simisage is ditched in the PC for eternity. Many stronger Grass types exist, and not much overall is weaker than the Monkeys. I forgot about the Route 8 battle with Bianca, but got the right one out against Cheren on Route 10 and it got crushed. I tried it out against some Audinos and slammed it back in the box before I was done because I wasn't impressed with its attacking power. Maybe they just were given poor attack pools and would be better if they got something powerful in there, but as designed, they are weak.

I'll figure out some powerful TMs they can learn once I get them over Lv.55, as I'm currently training them (up to Lv.53; it's easy when all but a couple of Audinos use Heal Pulse every other turn) and can try them out in battles with their more powerful moves, and they might deserve a second chance to see if they can earn their victories.

Cyclone

Jiggly Jello
August 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Excadrill....

I never had a problem with a battle until I hit Clay's gym and that freaking thing! I managed to one shot every one of his Pokemon until he threw that out there. I lost 4/6 Pokemon before I finally beat it!

Cyclone
August 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Excadrill....

I never had a problem with a battle until I hit Clay's gym and that freaking thing! I managed to one shot every one of his Pokemon until he threw that out there. I lost 4/6 Pokemon before I finally beat it!
This is exactly why Excadrill will never make the list of "Most Disappointing Pokémon From The Fifth Generation". It's one of the most bad-ass Pokémon out there, and its attack power when it gets to higher levels literally crushes opponents. My first trip upstairs in the Battle House in Opelucid featured him in my trio, already at Lv.41; all you have to do is spam Earthquake thrice (in a Rotation Battle, while in Triple Battle you would KO your teammates) and the battle is over. It will become one of the top Pokémon in my PC, personally.

I'll VM you with advice on catching one if you're interested.

Cyclone

Khrysta
August 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
This is exactly why Excadrill will never make the list of "Most Disappointing Pokémon From The Fifth Generation". It's one of the most bad-ass Pokémon out there, and its attack power when it gets to higher levels literally crushes opponents. My first trip upstairs in the Battle House in Opelucid featured him in my trio, already at Lv.41; all you have to do is spam Earthquake thrice (in a Rotation Battle, while in Triple Battle you would KO your teammates) and the battle is over. It will become one of the top Pokémon in my PC, personally.

I'll VM you with advice on catching one if you're interested.

Cyclone

I don't remember if I posted it in this one or another like it, but Excadrill was posted here XD

The one I had failed horribly. It died really easily against most Pokemon that it really shouldn't have. Its best used in metagame where you can take advantage of its abilities, otherwise it was horrible for me to use and I ended up ditching it before I got to Brycen.

Cyclone
August 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I don't remember if I posted it in this one or another like it, but Excadrill was posted here XD

The one I had failed horribly. It died really easily against most Pokemon that it really shouldn't have. Its best used in metagame where you can take advantage of its abilities, otherwise it was horrible for me to use and I ended up ditching it before I got to Brycen.
You must have ended up with a relatively weaker one. I've never had a problem with mine. That and a Zoroark are among my strongest Pokémon. It's amazing how two people can have completely different experiences with the same Pokémon.

One thing I note is that Drilbur evolves shortly before Brycen's level (at earliest Lv.31) but, if evolving is held off, can learn Earthquake at Lv.33. That combined with a combination of moves that can wipe out a variety of types makes it efficient as a regular team member now, but not as much in the maingame where I agree I didn't have an easy time using it. Only after it became Excadrill did it look bad-ass and start getting strong.

Cyclone

rubin
August 16th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Hey, Simisage isn't that bad. The only bad period it has is the one between Vine Whip and Seed Bomb (13-22?) - I agree that at that point, training Pansage is an absolute pain. But once it learns Seed Bomb, it only gets easier from there - you get Dig, then Acrobatics, then Rock Slide... and many more. I evolved my Pansage right after it got Acrobatics, and even though it had a horrible nature (Bold) it kept being a major powerhouse right until the very end of the game. (final set Seed Bomb / Acrobatics / Rock Slide / Shadow Claw)

Now, if we're talking about bad Grass types in BW(2), look no further than Cottonee and Snivy, aka "I can't damage things to save my life".

Mithel_Celestia
August 16th, 2012, 03:05 AM
For me, it had to be Hydreigon.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad Pokemon in any respect. It's just, the type combo and the height of it's evolution levels.. I expected it to be more then what it can do.

Its not really a bad pokemon, it can be a good mixed sweeper with the right training.

manutdrule
August 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Snivy. Most horrible out of the five grass starters ever used. (Yes it has a nice DW ability for competitive but im talking bout ingame here.)

Felt a wasted potential too since from its design it can be easily turned into Grass/Dragon for the final form. Damn GF.

DusknoirZac
August 16th, 2012, 07:43 AM
My most disappointing pokemon was my Zebstrika. He had good attack, but no good moves to back it up.

Powalen
August 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM
For me it is Carracosta. Not that it isn't strong or anything but water/rock fossils are tiring to me. And on top of that its cousin archeops has a much higher base stat total. Just seems like it got screwed.

Perico
August 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Probably, the most disappointing to me is Snivy (and its evolutions). Snivy is my favourite starter, because it's cool and I like it... but when it comes to battles... I used him till I completed the Pokémon League but I finally had to leave him.
I'm sorry Snivy, I still like you, but I can't carry you with me.

pleryt16
August 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Swoobat. It was good after it evolved, but mine didnt evolve until level 30. It wasnt that useful

Hikamaru
August 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
My most disappointing pokemon was my Zebstrika. He had good attack, but no good moves to back it up.

I agree with you, although I beat Elesa with one I eventually ditched mine in favor of stronger Pokemon. And it doesn't have much in the way of physical Electric attacks other than Spark and Wild Charge which is disappointing.

Swoobat. It was good after it evolved, but mine didnt evolve until level 30. It wasnt that useful

Yeah, mine took that long to evolve as well. Even though I got a Special Attack boosting nature on mine, raising his happiness took an eternity for me. Not to mention it's the worst of the Psychic-type options in the game.

venomjack
August 16th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I would have to say liepard, The sad thing was that I thought it my Purloin would be better when I evolved but the move set just didn't work out for me.

Hikamaru
August 16th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I would have to say liepard, The sad thing was that I thought it my Purloin would be better when I evolved but the move set just didn't work out for me.

Yeah, I trained one myself and it was not fun at all. It kept falling so easily, its movepool is terrible and all its stats other than Speed are bad. It takes way too long to learn Night Slash and the one I trained was Hasty, which made him even more frail.

It's like one of those Pokemon whose stat distribution is leaning towards only one stat, which is a bad sign that it's terrible.

Cyclone
August 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Someone over at the team thread has indicated Purrloin will be on the final team. I don't mean this to come across as a gambling wager, but I'd put money down on whether Purrloin serves an integral part of the final team. There are a couple of TMs that give a STAB for it, but Liepard does not stand up to Zoroark despite being the same type.

Cyclone

rubin
August 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Poorloin is pretty bad. Liepard's 88 Base Attack is loltastingly bad late game, and it's level-up is pathetic.

Plus there are so many better Dark types in this game (Scrafty, Krookodile, Zoroark) that I can't see why anyone would want to use Liepard (unless it's his/her favourite Pokemon or whatever).

kenshin-
August 17th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Pansear I received before the first gym champion was really too bad.

With him, I couldn't OS a grass or bug type 6-7 levels lower than pansear (I precise the pokemon hold a coal to boost his fire attack). Pansear need 3 or more attack to beat his opponent.

I catched another one in the mooving grass and it's the same... he's not really strong. I am sad with this pokemon.

Finally, I think elementary monkeys are not for me.

I look forward to meet another Fire pokemon.

Cyclone
August 17th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Pansear I received before the first gym champion was really too bad.

With him, I couldn't OS a grass or bug type 6-7 levels lower than pansear (I precise the pokemon hold a coal to boost his fire attack). Pansear need 3 or more attack to beat his opponent.

I catched another one in the mooving grass and it's the same... he's not really strong. I am sad with this pokemon.

Finally, I think elementary monkeys are not for me.

I look forward to meet another Fire pokemon.
I have a couple of Tepig Eggs up for grabs.

Just sayin'. ;)

If that interests you, VM me. I agree that Pansear is the worst however of all Fire types.

Cyclone

kenshin-
August 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I have a couple of Tepig Eggs up for grabs.

Just sayin'. ;)

If that interests you, VM me. I agree that Pansear is the worst however of all Fire types.

Cyclone

Hi Cyclone,

Thanks for your interesting offer, but I can't access to the internet with my DSi or my DSLite for the moment. My Internet Provider has changed our box and this new don't support the WEP key protection. And my sister is going to the see with it's 3DS. So, I don't connect for exchange.

I must waiting for an updating software for my box.

I have no great pokemon to exchange with you (I don't say that to hold my precious pokemon, It's true. I have on pc's box a Patrat level 4, a Lillipup level 4 and an another Sawk level 17). Ah yes, I have 2 pansear... ^^.

I didn't catch too many pokemon in this party. Because I am focus on training the four pokemon I have in my team.

About Pansear, I don't play since long time but I think as you said he is the worst fire pokemon I met in Black, HG/SS. (I didn't play to the previous games).

But thank you so much

crimsonskarmory
August 17th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Gigalith seemed really cool at first but it is a rock type and slow.

kenshin-
August 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hi,

A rock type is always slower than a "lighter" type.

Is there an item in game which reverse the gravity ? (it seems to me that the little girl said this) the girl who leave with the friend of keteleria. But I am probably wrong.

Dmatt
August 17th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Hi,

A rock type is always slower than a "lighter" type.

Is there an item in game which reverse the gravity ? (it seems to me that the little girl said this) the girl who leave with the friend of keteleria. But I am probably wrong.

There's a move called Trick Room, when you use it, slower pokemon move first.
There's also two items called Iron Ball and Lagging tail, they both make the holder move last, so you can Trick it into your opponent.

Ice Car
August 17th, 2012, 04:06 PM
blitzle... well kinda i mean it's a good attacker and it looks cool but it's defense is crap!!!

i used it once and it was hard to use because it would get knocked out really easily but it could knock out things nicely!

Really? Zebstrika was one of my favorites. It didn't matter if it was fragile if you're already really fast and could outspeed most things.

Bourne-mouth
August 18th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.

Hikamaru
August 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I once thought Klinklang would be a decent pokemon to rack up kills with, but it turned out to be rubbish and down the box it went.

Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.

Cerberus87
August 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Someone over at the team thread has indicated Purrloin will be on the final team. I don't mean this to come across as a gambling wager, but I'd put money down on whether Purrloin serves an integral part of the final team. There are a couple of TMs that give a STAB for it, but Liepard does not stand up to Zoroark despite being the same type.

Cyclone

Yeah, Poorloin is pretty bad. Liepard's 88 Base Attack is loltastingly bad late game, and it's level-up is pathetic.

Plus there are so many better Dark types in this game (Scrafty, Krookodile, Zoroark) that I can't see why anyone would want to use Liepard (unless it's his/her favourite Pokemon or whatever).

But Zoroark isn't actually in the game!

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...

Cyclone
August 18th, 2012, 04:10 AM

Liepard is at least better than Mightyena. If only it learned some better moves...
Au contraire. If you have an Event Celebi, get the little boy Zorua in Castelia City; turns out they're friends (keep a free slot in your party, it has to physically join the party). Got an Event Shiny Entei, Suicine, or Raikou? Head for the woman in the trailer at Lostlorn Forest; this Zoroark comes at Lv.25. Or even if you can do those (or not), just trade for an Egg (in your own Trainer ID when hatched) or a baby (in another Trainer ID, it levels up quicker).

There are three available ways to get your Zorua/Zoroark. Do whatever one you like best and train it. It can come in handy for sneak purposes at first, in fact, as it comesout disguised as a Pokémon in your party when you go to battle, throwing off the opponent's battle strategy and could essentially give you a free hit for a couple of turns until they figure it out.

Cyclone

rubin
August 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM

Well, you technically don't have to know anyone to have a Zorua in your game. It's very easy to get through the GTS, seeing as there is a boy that shows you a picture of Zorua in Castelia.

Mightyena's worse? Meh, at least it has Intimidate.

Forever
August 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I remember training one and it was a pain.

The entire line only learns Steel, Normal and Electric-type moves, has higher Attack stat than Sp. Attack and it only gets ONE PHYSICAL STAB MOVE, which unfortunately has low BP and is slightly inaccurate.

I mean, it's not even Electric-type yet it learns all these Electric moves. I mean, stuff like Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Zap Cannon, Volt Switch, Thundershock etc.

tbh the fact that it wasn't part electric turned me off from using it, actually. Originally that was the disappointing factor for me, rather than how strong it apparently isn't. :(

Chaos Fork
January 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Tough one, two of my all time faves r in this generation

Here's my list
Woobat line: horrible zubat
Alomomola: expected it to be an evo of luvdisc
ALL of the musketeers: bad movepools and low stats for legends
Hydreigon: (I will be sent to hell for this) LEVEL64?!!
Trubbish: a pile of @#£*%
All atarters ecept oshawott: HORRIBLE design
BAST--i mean basculin: take a guess (it was my first legit shiny tho)

Nate
January 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
For me it was Swoobat! I raised it from and from level 5 and by level 49 it special attack was only 110 ... compared to my, for example, Arcanine which is a pysical attacker...Eventually I dropped him in my box and use a manaphy I recently got from pkmn ranger for the elite four... Don't worry I raised him from lv 1 :D

I.T.
January 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Quite a few actually. Keep in mind when I first purchased PKMN White, I knew NOTHING about their stats. Here are my responses in quotes.

-Emboar
"Why is this thing so damn slow?!"

-Zebstrika
"If you faint because of another water pulse attack I swear.."

-Heatmor
"Aren't you ever gonna evolve?"

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
January 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Zebstrika. It looked so cool but it was ridiculously fragile. Don't 1HKO the opposing Pokemon and he's gone. Seriously, he was dying from water attacks. Still love him though <3

Venitardus
January 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Swoobat.. It's extreamely terrible in my mind. i used it for my black run-through, and it was crap. i only kept it because it was the fastest on my team at the time.

Sweets Witch
January 16th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.

Also Beartic because its abilities are terrible.

pokemanmdj
January 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Cryognal.
I thought it looked pretty neat, but he didn't really preform as well as I hoped he would have.

Miss Anne Thrope
January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Pansear, Purrloin, Ducklett..
My disappointment in Pansear was probably my fault. I evolved it, not knowing it learned nothing after it's evolution.
Purrloin was too fragile, even after it evolved. It's speed didn't make up for it, and it was only average offensively.
Ducklett was a weak little thing, which went away when it evolved. As Swanna, it is average everywhere; that's all I can say. There was nothing that stood out about it, nothing special. It had no strong points.

Hikamaru
January 17th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Reuniclus. I spent so much time raising them in White and then again in White 2 only to be bitterly reminded that they're so, so slow.

Reuniclus may be very slow, but it's a plus if Trick Room is used.

Its high Special Attack makes it a common Trick Room threat in OU, with its good movepool and stats to get it going. Tested one myself and if trained right it can be deadly not to mention most of the Psychic-types in-game have pretty good stats.

skyluigi2
January 17th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Amoonguss; I still love it, but it's just not a strong Pokemon at all.

ClumzyTrainR13
January 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Snivy. Almost its entire moveset is grass type moves, and it has no significant stats except speed. Even the WATER type starter beats the grass, because of its ability to learn both Megahorn ad Ice Beam. Although I wasn't surprised. The only time I remember the grass starter NOT failing us is Gen III with Torterra's ground type to back it up, yet still making it so water type attacks still did decent damage.

Livewire
January 18th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I was going to use a Manna/Musharna and I dropped it early on because it just didn't do anything. Same with Pansear/Simisear and Panpour/Simipour. Much better Pokemon of their type are available. :/

Boilurn
January 21st, 2013, 12:34 AM
Simipour. When I chose Snivy for my starter, I was frustrated at the third gym, as both of my Pokemon kept losing to Leavanny, Burgh's main Pokemon. When I got to Castelia City I came to the area with the Scientist giving out stones to elemental monkeys. I got excited and decided to evolve Panpour with the Water Stone at Level 18, and didn't realize that there were better moves that I could've used to have a shot against Burgh, such as Bite and Scald. :( That's what I don't like about elemental monkeys: They can't learn any level-up moves once they are evolved.

Matzeho1996
January 23rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
When I first played it i was very disappointed:
Pidove and evolution just learned special attacks
Blitzle was very weak, his shock wave did nearly nothing

As I played it again the dog from the beginning seemed very strong with STAB tackle and body check
But Stoutland was again very disappointing

Twilight-kun
January 23rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
the elemental monkeys were pathetic...

I.T.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I know people might hate me for this but a lot of the Gen V PKMN were disappointing :\
It's still the best PKMN Generation in terms of gameplay though

Urugamosu
January 24th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I didn't like the Elemental monkey's evolutions, and how they didn't naturally learn moves anymore.

Rϵd
January 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Those elemental monkeys and their evolution were disappointing...

Forever
January 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Amoonguss; I still love it, but it's just not a strong Pokemon at all.

But it isn't meant to be a strong attacker, though. :( it's meant to be a supporter Pokemon and it's damn good at that imo.

Simipour. When I chose Snivy for my starter, I was frustrated at the third gym, as both of my Pokemon kept losing to Leavanny, Burgh's main Pokemon. When I got to Castelia City I came to the area with the Scientist giving out stones to elemental monkeys. I got excited and decided to evolve Panpour with the Water Stone at Level 18, and didn't realize that there were better moves that I could've used to have a shot against Burgh, such as Bite and Scald. :( That's what I don't like about elemental monkeys: They can't learn any level-up moves once they are evolved.

Yeah I'd imagine that'd be annoying :( however the entire move pool of it is pretty good IMO, with iirc it having access to surf focus blast ice beam and grass knot iirc (maybe not tho).