PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pokémon Movie?

Nomine
April 1st, 2012, 12:14 PM
What's your favorite Pokémon movie of all time? A hard decision or no? Very difficult for me. I've always been sentimental to the first movie; being that it was the first Pokémon movie I've ever seen. It will always have a special place in my heart. How about you?

ShinyUmbreon189
April 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM
This is a pretty hard one. Ill tell you my least favorite and that is (the 3rd one with Intei) that one SUCKED!! But, I would have to say either the First Movie because I really liked the story in the movie and not to mention it was the first movie right? Or, Destiny Deoxys because it was another good movie.

Aces923
April 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM
So hard to tell you the truth aye.

The power of one, has been a child hood favourite but i recently watched the DP trilogy and wow they were wicked ! the 12th being the best aye. Also 5 is pretty cool ! the hoenn movies i didnt really like for some reason. except for 8 which was awsome !

So over all 2 and 12 are my favourite ( the power of one , acresus: and the jewels of life )

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
April 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Omg soo hard to pick between the first two for me :) That really is a great question :) I'm leaning towards The Power Of One... but then... Mewtwo and his epicness haha I don't know :)

Gleam Noiyam
April 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Very hard for me to pick but I would say Pokemon 4ever because I liked seeing Professor Oak as a kid. My second favorite was Jirachi Wish Maker.

Fizzay
April 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ahhhhh. That's hard...But I'd probably say Heroes, 4Ever or the Victini one. I can't remember the name. >.<

Oryx
April 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
I believe there's not a thread about this in Pokemon Anime where it belongs so I'll move it over there.

EarthWolfblade
April 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hmm....hard decision between Mewtwo Strikes Back and Power of One...probably Power of One.

Joshawott
April 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
This is a really tough question. Good lord!

Hm, let's see. From the one's I've seen, I guess it would have to be Pokémon 4Ever, despite the fact that — unlike the others — I've only seen it once. The first movie falls dangerously close behind, though.

Lornami
April 1st, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm having a hard time between the Latias and the Shaymin movie. I've loved Pokemon Heroes a lot and I always have it on my Zune to watch, but the Shaymin movie was just pretty adorable. The Darkrai movie had some moments too.

I just really like the Sinnoh trilogy of movies really well, so I think they'd have to win out the Latias movie even though it's an old favorite.

ElectaTHUGG
April 2nd, 2012, 01:49 AM
1st ones a classic bruh you cant fukk wit that

Houndoomed
April 2nd, 2012, 02:00 AM
The Rise of Darkrai, I love the background scenery, Its like anime but with pre pixar disney castles and stuff, trippy (If you know what Im saying) Plus D/krai puts the smackdown on that Lickylickilookin fool!

arbok
April 2nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
I'm a little biased as I've only seen the first 4 films but power of one just gets it for me with Mewtwo strikes back not far behind. But I've enjoyed all the films I've seen it's just Power of One was amazing.

Adventure
April 2nd, 2012, 09:25 AM
I belive the first movie has still got its special place in my heart and it might stay so. The newer movies are a bit... well, they don't feel as deep as the older ones. I did enjoy the Sinnoh trilogy though so those three together (mainly the first one though) comes in second place.

Otter Mii-kun
April 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
My all time favorite would be Mewtwo Strikes back (surprising, huh, as the third movie has my favorite character, Molly <3). I remember all the hype surrounding it for its U.S. theatrical release, and thought the long lines at the movie theater were for that when I went to see Toy Story 2 (which came out two weeks later).

Ameluun
April 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
The first Pokemon movie hands down. It tied into the actual Pokemon show, and was just awesome when I was younger. That movie is what made me fall in love with Mewtwo. :P

Kirbychu
April 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm particularly fond of the 9th one. Not only did it have a nice blend of action and adventure, the plot and setting was rather interesting as well, along with the characters. The Battle Frontier happens to be my favorite saga of the anime as well. Both of these thing really fueled my DP hype

Dave The Man
April 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM
The Power of One.

I just liked the Story the Most

Huggie
April 3rd, 2012, 03:33 AM
First movie by far! One word---> Mewtwo :3 fell in love as soon as I first saw him...
I also like the second movie but it's just out of competition :P
Wait isn't" Mewtwo Returns" considered a movie ???hmmmm

sherreamethyst
April 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I chose the Power of One. That one was so cute! It tugged at my wittle babay hautstwings..!! :3

Plus the quote from Jesse, James, and Meowth towards the end of the movie...

Jesse: [Jesse, James and Meowth are hanging on to a flying Lugia] We're slowing Lugia down, we're too heavy!
James: Let's try Weight Watchers!
Jesse: It's too late for that!
Meowth: I heard it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

-_- thee best quote eva... XD

apahllo
April 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM
I chose the Power of One. That one was so cute! It tugged at my wittle babay hautstwings..!! :3

Plus the quote from Jesse, James, and Meowth towards the end of the movie...

Jesse: [Jesse, James and Meowth are hanging on to a flying Lugia] We're slowing Lugia down, we're too heavy!
James: Let's try Weight Watchers!
Jesse: It's too late for that!
Meowth: I heard it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

-_- thee best quote eva... XD
hahahaha, i remember that one and id have to agree with you. mewtwo strikes back in close second tho.

Mentalii
April 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Destiny Deoxys is my favourite one, this movie is awesome, the city where it take place is incredible. Characters from this movie are endearing, and I loved the plot.
Then I also definitively loved Pokémon Pokémon Heroes.

Galukxy
April 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Hard to decide, but I really loved the First Movie and The Power of One movie because those touched me the most. Not to mention the awesomeness of Lugia in the Power of One<3

Doppelgänger
April 7th, 2012, 02:28 PM
The second one was my all time favorite. I just love everything about it. It was entertaining. A classic.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Jirachi Wish Maker's gotta be my personal favorite although Pokemon Forever and Spell Of The Unknown come very very close. JWM wins my heart because it had my favorite legendary Pokemon at the time which was Groudon in the flick.

MagnumKnight13
April 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I enjoyed the power of one and spell of the unown but to be honest, Heroes was my favorite, because I love annie and Oakley as well as Latios and Latias

mr.bob467
April 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
this is the hardest decision of my life.........

BBA_Beyblader_321
April 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Pokemon wise, it's between, movies 1,2, 3, and 4.

But story-wise I like Jirachi: Wishmaker, and Pokemon 2000.

Porygon000
May 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I enjoyed the theatrical releases.

Sonicfan9988
May 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I liked the first movie the most because Mewtwo is my no. 1 favorite pokemon =D!!

TheAC29
May 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
This is really hard choose a fave movie, I chose Pokemon the movie 2000, this movie is amazing especially the music like The Guardian Song. My 2nd fave will be Pokemon The First Movie, the part where ash turned to stone got me crying in my mind. My 3rd fave is Destiny Deoxys, the movie is kinda entertaining for me and the city was made from a real-life city and part where Team Rocket is hungry for Hamburgers
James: Jessie got fried!
Meowth: Without the hamburgers!

pokefan harry potter
May 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM
This is really hard choose a fave movie, I chose Pokemon the movie 2000, this movie is amazing especially the music like The Guardian Song. My 2nd fave will be Pokemon The First Movie, the part where ash turned to stone got me crying in my mind. My second fave is Destiny Deoxys, the movie is kinda entertaining for me and the city was made from a real-life city and part where Team Rocket is hungry for Hamburgers
James: Jessie got fried!
Meowth: Without the hamburgers!

I completely agree, this is like the exact same order and reasoning for the order!

TheFallenUmbreon
May 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I do like how the story of Mewtwi Strikes Back connects with some of the episodes in the regular shows. However, my favorite movie is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

dyenguard
May 8th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Lucario and The Mystery of Mew is by far my favorite movie as well. Lucario used to be my favorite pokemon, (still pretty high on the list) so i went a little crazy when the movie was first released. I will admit that the movie actually made my cry a little. (it was so sad when *Spoilers* happened) I found the battle scenes to be pretty good also.

LightningL
May 9th, 2012, 02:10 AM
I will always love the first movie.

Caseydia7
May 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I liked the Unknown movie due to the fact that it had lot of a family story and suspense.

Forever
May 22nd, 2012, 02:33 AM
Okay, so, movie 3 = my main favourite, however movie 2 was awesome, movie 1 was okay, and as for the current ones...

The Reshiram/Zekrom movies could've been better and I saw the screenshots of the Zoroark one and I like I believe in you from it but haven't watched it. SO. I choose 3, because Entei, Molly, Unown, everything. Just amazing. :3

Dejayzing
May 22nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
My favorite Pokemon Movie is, Pokemon: Heroes.

I really loved that movie when i was a kid because of the creativity in the beggining movie, even tho it is a theme song for one of the seasons it was a good song for a beggining of a movie. The scenery was outrageosly amazing, same goes for the story line and music. The music was interusting, it was like an italian base. The chase scene was my favorite song of all of them, the smooth up beat of ASH AND LATIAS GETTING CHASED BY ARIADOS AND ESPEON OH YES CHASED BY ESPEON MY FAV POKEMON!!!...Getting out of hand here. The smooth music with an upbeat tempo to it was interusting for somthing that you would think be an epic part, and the cute little pidgeys in the fountain...oh they where so cute!
Also when Team Rocket was failing every time they try to say "Team Rocket is blasting off again" And the location of the area and the Soul Dew. I didnt know at the time that was an actual item in the pokemon 3rd gen series. It was kindof breath taking to see the Soul Dew as one of the items in the 3rd gen game list.

Overall i think Pokemon Heroes was one of the best movies and i would recommend it to any pokemon love if they havent seen it yet.

Playful_Weasel
May 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
I would love to vote but I cant yet, I only seen 5 movies, I have many more to see. I only seen the first three movies, and "Giratina and the Sky Warrior", & "Rise of Darkrai". I'm going to see the others and then have my final opinion

Yui Hirаsаwа
May 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
My favorite movie is easily Pokemon 2000, as it stars my favorite legendary ever.
Also it spawned my favorite line in Pokemon. "I could use pants" from that Slowking.

electro12
May 27th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Pokémon 4Ever- Celebi: Voice of the Forest is my favourite movie. I remember buying two or three vcds of it, often forgetting I own one! Celebi is able to travel through time and that is what I will do if I had the ability to do so.
But it makes me angry he was made evil. The forest was dying and Ash was trying to save him. I must watch the movie again.

YungKnowledge
May 27th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Pokémon the First Movie- Mewtwo Strikes Back because that the one got for my birthday and everyday after that I had to watch the tape before I went to bed.

trestany
May 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
First is oldest but it is sooo amazing. And others are too good, POKÉMON 4EVER!!!

~HufflePuffle~
May 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I like the Pokémon- Zoroark: Master of Illusions movie the best. Personally, it was the most interesting. :P

blackmorale
May 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
So hard to choose. :c I really like the movies, but what really hit me in the gut was Pokemon Heroes.

The Fallen
May 30th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I would have to say the the first three are really hard to pick from. They seemed to put a lot of effort and care into the storyline of those initial three. They just felt so epic and that the gravity of each situation was tremendous. A clear cut winner for me though is the first installment; how could it not be? It holds many fond memories of my childhood.

Little Oshawott
May 31st, 2012, 02:39 AM
For me It has to be a tie between Movie 1 and 2. I really loved those movies, I enjoyed them more then the other movies I have seen.

remonliner
May 31st, 2012, 03:11 AM
For me it would be Pokemon 2000
The chill when charizard came to help Ash to face entei, man :(

DarkAbsolX
May 31st, 2012, 03:31 AM
I had a hard time deciding between Pokémon the First Movie- Mewtwo Strikes Back and
Pokémon the Movie 2000- The Power of One..

The first one is so sentimental when ash is turned into rock and all the pokemon cried and their tears revive him..

That just make me so sad :(

But the second one is just to amazing !
COME ON ! ZAPDOS, ARTICUNO AND MOLTRES fighting among them?
And then Lugia appears to calm the things down and the way Lugia almost died and it's revived by that FANTASTIC SONG !

It's my favourite of all the movies.

But i also wanna tell something about the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
It's sad too..He wakes up and all his friends are gonne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIWXKG0FDY

Seki
May 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Mewtwo strikes back is definitely my favourite one, watched it like over 10 times and never got bored watching it. I liked Power of One a lot as well.
Destiny Deosxys was also quite nice.

psyanic
May 31st, 2012, 05:53 PM
The first three movies were brilliant, especially the Power of One. Lord knows how many times I've seen it, but I'm leaning towards Pokemon Heroes now. I love its storyline, even though it isn't quite as deep as the Power of One nor does it carry a heavy message like the Mewtwo movie, but I thought that Pokemon Heroes had the best setting. Alto Mare is my favorite city in the Pokemon anime, especially how it mirrors Venice. Of course, that's where its design came from, but whatever.

I also liked Team Rocket in this movie. Annie and Oakley were pretty good antagonists, at least in my opinion. The Lati@s are also my favorite legendaries...