PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Rumor/Unconfirmed Information Discussion Thread

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 07:19 AM
This thread won't last long as the games come out in 2 months but rumors have already started coming out about the games. The News Discussion Thread is for News so here let's Discuss any that we've seen about. How will they affect the game? How legible do you think the rumor is? Etc.

Pokejungle recently posted a rumor (http://pokejungle.net/2012/04/06/rumor-black-2-white-2-details/ ) and this is what I think.

I don't care if it's all fake, just having a rumor gives you something to think and talk about and that's great!

So based on the U.K.? They wear uniforms there, hence the academy? I actually went to a school called London Academy ^^

Is this where N is from? His mother lives here?

Only one rival? :(

Doesn't seem so far away, time-wise, from the events of B/W seeing as the Unova Gym Leaders are the same.

Loving these Gym Leaders though. Even the repeated concept but with Snivy and Co.

Starters sound awesome! But that's where I stopped believing all this haha.

But if they're doing what they did with G/S who am I to complain? So there will be a third version to these games, yay! With Kyurem God Forme with both Zekrom and Reshiram! :D

Only one rival? :(

Love the historic theme!

What else... New Pokemon also sound really good, especially the knight and maiden and the tuxedo ghost doesn't sound corny x)

Would be great if real but seems far fetched unless, of course, it's meant to be like G/S

Cid
April 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM
The guy who made those rumors. He is one creative guy. And that's assuming the rumors that PokeJungle posted are made up.

I admit, I haven't read all of it. But I love the idea of a completely new region, characters, and of course, a plot that has strong connections to the previous games just like how G/S did it with R/B/Y. Now I really wish at least some of these turn out to be true. Too bad the lack of GB to GBC shift (i.e. DS to 3DS) makes the comparison less plausible, but I can still dream, right? :D

One thing that particularly strikes me in those pile or rumors is the inclusion of more of N's backstory into the plot. That's something I would really want. His mother being revealed in a painting was a nice touch, too.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
It's really weird but I really really really think this is true which is getting me preemptively excited, and also scared since if that's true it means a new forum, lol. :x BUT IRRELEVANT TO THE EXCITEMENT. A true real sequel? I REALLY hope that's what's revealed, if so I'll be amazed and excited. I kinda got way too excited and started believing it which I really shouldn't since I should remain skeptical but I mainly read the start of "new region" and the new Pokemon. If that's true, that's seriously... just wow. Only reason I'm believing this is because of the starter evolutions leaking and other things which were rumours but turned out to be true. Please please please please be real. I want new Pokemon/new everything so bad. :(

Cid
April 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I really wouldn't want to be disappointed, so I am attempting to dismiss at least this rumor post right here. I'd love to hear you guys prove me wrong with evidence from past rumors that turned out to be true, though. XD Right now here's what I think: some of these rumors just seem too far-fetched. Not to mention its size, which is seemingly too much information in just one issue of CoroCoro. Yeah, admittedly they are going to release information eventually. I just don't think it'll be like this with one big drop of load. Also: three sections with around four paragraphs each filled with rumors, and no mention of the mascot, Kyurem? Hmm. :\

However! It still makes me excited on tons of things-- really, all the possibilities that they could have in these games. I wish that the creators would surprise us like no other when they finally reveal the games, hopefully in a good way.

Blue
April 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
There are some great rumors, it gets me even more eager to find out more about these two mysterious games! I think there will be two regions, again N will be the main character in the storyline but just in a different concept and we will see old, reoccurring characters return hopefully and new ones too maybe relatives of N!
Now I can't wait till the 15th!

Esper
April 6th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Even if they end up being just rumors they're still pretty creative ideas and I wouldn't mind seeing them end up in the games, especially an evolution to Swoobat. I want to believe it's true, but I'm gonna wait until something official pops up.

Riansky
April 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
If only this is real!

I know they are rumors but imagine that. It would be amazing. New pokemon, region, gym leaders, characters. Hope its real really.

PlatinumDude
April 6th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I don't believe any of those rumors, particularly the one about the new starter Pokemon because to me, B2/W2 is B/W with an expanded storyline (with roughly the same Pokemon). I'll wait until the next issue of CoroCoro comes out for more information.

Still, I think those rumors might be good ideas for future games.

Joshawott
April 6th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I don't believe it at all. Black and White have only been out for a little over a year, and so I highly doubt they have been able to make brand new Pokémon in such a small period of time.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
@ above: They could've been working on them at the same time as B/W, aka had two Pokemon designing production teams possibly. So hey it's logical! Besides, B/W would've been completed at least two years ago I'd say (or mostly complete), and it took around 2 years I'd say to have designed the B/W Pokemon unless there's an official figure. :x

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 09:12 AM
It's really weird but I really really really think this is true which is getting me preemptively excited, and also scared since if that's true it means a new forum, lol. :x BUT IRRELEVANT TO THE EXCITEMENT. A true real sequel? I REALLY hope that's what's revealed, if so I'll be amazed and excited. I kinda got way too excited and started believing it which I really shouldn't since I should remain skeptical but I mainly read the start of "new region" and the new Pokemon. If that's true, that's seriously... just wow. Only reason I'm believing this is because of the starter evolutions leaking and other things which were rumours but turned out to be true. Please please please please be real. I want new Pokemon/new everything so bad. :(

We'll petition to have you mod B2/W2 :K

Even if they end up being just rumors they're still pretty creative ideas and I wouldn't mind seeing them end up in the games, especially an evolution to Swoobat. I want to believe it's true, but I'm gonna wait until something official pops up.

Yes! The Swoobat evo got me pretty exited and it explains it's terrible stats.

Also, a new storyline linking to Unova makes up for BW's relative short and incomplete storyline, though it was a great game.

However, I don't want all this new stuff because the BW characters only got a little time to shine, Elesa etc. But I guess we'll be able to battle them in B2/W2 ;)

Riansky
April 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I don't believe it at all. Black and White have only been out for a little over a year, and so I highly doubt they have been able to make brand new Pokémon in such a small period of time.

I think i've read somewhere that they have more then 1000 pokemon concepts. And they probably make more then 200 pokemon per generation and just choose lets say 120"best" for the generation. If you know what I want to say. They could have them already prepared when they released B/W

Killjoy
April 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
What? Rumors?! *RAGE* *RAGE* *RAGE*

No lol this sounds awesome! Whether it's true or not is questionable obviously, but it's not near as far fetched as some people are making it out to be! Either way, I cant wait until the new games

Joshawott
April 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
@ above: They could've been working on them at the same time as B/W, aka had two Pokemon designing production teams possibly. So hey it's logical! Besides, B/W would've been completed at least two years ago I'd say (or mostly complete), and it took around 2 years I'd say to have designed the B/W Pokemon unless there's an official figure. :x

True, but I somehow doubt it. It seems Game Freak likes to savour the current Pokémon that they have for the time being so that when new ones are released people will be excited and more likely to purchase the game(s) that accompany them.

voicerocker
April 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
This "information leak" did not include anything about Kyurem or its formes, so I doubt it is true. If anything, Kyurem should have been the main focus of the information since the games are based around it. Some of the ideas could happen, but as far as NEW stuff goes, I highly doubt it right now.

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Admittedly though, the described region and characters look absolutely beautiful in my head.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:23 AM
You so kind bluerang!

Uhhh right, Josha, but still, it's like... a year! Lots of time to be excited really. :3

ALSO:
No word given, but the general shape of the region, the castles, and the theme of the Pokemon hints towards being inspired by the U.K., but seems like an amalgam of Western Europe.

Part in particular. I'm sure I've noted many times about why the bias towards UK with the release dates and everything with B/W? Yeaaah this adds up. ;;

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Part in particular. I'm sure I've noted many times about why the bias towards UK with the release dates and everything with B/W? Yeaaah this adds up. ;;

I think that was just coincidence lol.

I don't know if anyone read my thoughts in the first post's spoiler but yay for uniforms! I miss London haha.

Also, someone spotted a grammatical error so this is most likely fake. Ah well, fun to talk about. Although the person was in too much of rush/too excited to think about grammar, haha.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
...there's even grammar errors in Black and White, so I feel that pointing to this being fake because of that is kinda bad. :( ALSO MIGHT I REMIND YOU ALL OF HOW THERE WAS 10 GIFS EXPLAINING SERPERIOR/EMBOAR/SAMUROTT'S FAKENESS? YEAAAH. /high hopes

Humm96
April 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Didn't it say at the end of B/W that N was seen terrorizing another region with a dragon Pokemon? Something along those lines any way. And Oh my GOD! If there's new Pokemon i will fall in love. I love new Pokemon, it just shows how diverse the production team are, it makes the games more interesting :) Cant wait!

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
...there's even grammar errors in Black and White, so I feel that pointing to this being fake because of that is kinda bad. :( ALSO MIGHT I REMIND YOU ALL OF HOW THERE WAS 10 GIFS EXPLAINING SERPERIOR/EMBOAR/SAMUROTT'S FAKENESS? YEAAAH. /high hopes

HAHAHAHA! I was one of them! Well not specifically but I hated those evos xD

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
@humm: YES. THAT IS A GREAT POINT! The fact that N left Unova and that this rumour says new region, kinda logically makes sense really. :3 Besides, new region = new story totally.

@bluerang: Yeah so THIS is why we shouldn't dismiss the rumours besides having all the proof! Or not even proof tbh. Only fake rumours were the stupid ugly random Pokemon next to Darumaka which was legit non-believable.

Humm96
April 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Someone should tweet junichi masuda with the link and ask him if its true? That could work :)

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Oh I forgot to add, this also makes sense for the fast paced Anime. They did say Cilan and Iris will be with Ash for more than one region and this region will be different. OMG this thing is real lol.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Nah pretty sure all he'd say is "I cannot say yes or no to this information etc". Plus it's long and in English, it'd need translating and then it'd be much more confusing. :(

Oh wait, damnit, good point for the others, NOT IN JAPANESE! Why would English-speaking people get information before Japan. :x

omg good reasoning bluerang!!! :3

Xander Olivieri
April 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Only part I don't believe outright is "still Gen 5"

It wouldn't really be possible, New Pokemon are only introduced with new Generations, as well as new Regions. If we have a new Region and new Pokemon its a New Generation. If B2W2 cannot directly trade new Pokemon the same way GSC couldn't with R/B/Y, its still a new Generation.

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
* In-game screen-shots show the starting town, which is very classy and seems to feature a Pokemon academy. One screen-shot shows the player character standing at what appears to be a graduation ceremony in a large garden. Other screen shots show the player climbing the inside of a clock-tower, and little transparent sprites of the previously mentioned tuxedo-ghost are dancing around the screen, looks neat. The probably-church is also shown, with the player talking to a robed-man in front of it, as well as the shipyard, with the player walking around a puzzle created out of girders being hoisted by cranes (a Gym Puzzle?), and a shot of the player walking on the inside of the train, with the windows being open and showing off a pre-rendered grassy field.

Okay this seems unbelievable. I've now moved to the "fake" side unless there's great proof :( /saaad

Humm96
April 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Deoxys was a new pokemon, that still counts as gen 3, I'll admit i dont believe most of it but hey its something until we get concrete evidence

Giraffe
April 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Eeeek, if these rumours are true... <3<3<3
Having a new region [and possibly new pokemon] actually makes sense: If they were just making Unova 'better'/enhancing it, surely they'd have called the game Grey? But 'Black 2' and 'White 2' allows them to carry on with the N storyline AND introduce a new region~ [If they made a whole new game for a new region, I doubt they could have kept the N storyline going in it]

Forever
April 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
@Humm: Isn't that sorta like Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect as new Pokemon though? :x Pretty sure it was the same kinda situation.

I hope we get other rumours tbh soon. :x

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Okay this seems unbelievable. I've now moved to the "fake" side unless there's great proof :( /saaad

I kinda like the academy idea really well.

And yes, moar rumors! But we're getting news soon so this thread will be short lived.

Joshawott
April 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not saying I don't want new Pokémon, I'm just nervous that it may be done sloppily and in the end I will be displeased and feel that said addition would be better off not being present in the games.

Briankelly130
April 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I know this is just a rumour and all but I did squee at the thought of the region being based somewhat on Western Europe (the castles/modern city stuff seems to be based on Germany or somewhere close) and I'm hoping that if any part of that turns out to be true then please base something off Ireland well because 1. I live there and 2. The thought itself sounds kind of cool.

wombateiro
April 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I know this is just a rumour and all but I did squee at the thought of the region being based somewhat on Western Europe (the castles/modern city stuff seems to be based on Germany or somewhere close) and I'm hoping that if any part of that turns out to be true then please base something off Ireland well because 1. I live there and 2. The thought itself sounds kind of cool.

Castles and modern cities are in many Europe's countries not only in Germany. If there will be new region based on Europe, I can say now it will be my fav. :)
They could base each city on different European country.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I think that these Rumor's are fake,but perhaps it's my lack to beleive that Generation V ended so early without any third version or remakes seeing how this generation will have ended if there are new pokemon which will mark the start of Generation VI.

Though if it is true the Uk is kind of fitting seeing how the Olympics are there this year...we could see a return of the Pokethlon (which was mentioned in BW though that mentioned Johto too).

P0kelegend
April 6th, 2012, 09:58 PM
These don't really sound real to me. Sounds pretty fake. I don't think people should be expecting new Pokemon, that may be setting your hopes up too high but I don't think its wrong to maybe expect more new formes of Pokemon.

I feel certain that there will definitely be another region in the game, the main question Im wondering is whether its a previous region from one of the old games or a brand new region.

I'm hoping that Smash tomorrow will at the very least announce the new region and give us our first screenshot or something noteworthy. I think it's likely we'll see our first pictures, since they plan to have videos of the game on the week after... so it seems fitting we'll see pictures first, on tomorrow's Smash.

pryce10
April 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM
k why is people getting worked up on something that is 100% fake? Why is people paying attention on someone who is trolling. I saw his article in Serbii and I laughed it off thinking he is some sort of troll waiting to be fed and what do I see... PEOPLE FEEDING FAME TO THIS TROLL. WHY?

wombateiro
April 7th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Those rumors could be mostly fake, but I believe there could new region based on Europe. N flew over the ocean to the east, which is the same direction like from US to Europe.

Author of those rumors says about having connections to Nintendo. That's classic rubbish. If he/she would have really connections to Nintendo he/she would have no right to say anything about those games. It's similar how few weeks ago someone published "real details" about GTA 5 claiming that he/she got fired from Rockstar Games and now he/she can freely spread info about this game. Total rubbish. One can go to jail for doing something like this.

P0kelegend
April 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Apparently these are from Coro Coro:
http://s11.postimage.org/f401ko2tf/image.jpg
http://s11.postimage.org/yxc5ddg77/image.png
http://s11.postimage.org/ar1i28u2r/image.png

That Clock Tower... isn't that what the guy who posted the rumor last week said would be in the Coro Coro scan? No clue if these are real though.

Riansky
April 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Apparently these are from Coro Coro:
http://s11.postimage.org/f401ko2tf/image.jpg
http://s11.postimage.org/ar1i28u2r/image.png

That Clock Tower... isn't that what the guy who posted the rumor last week said would be in the Coro Coro scan? No clue if these are real though.

I think they are fake. But if they are real. All I have to say its OMG

Where did you find them btw ?

Forever
April 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Omg, if those are real, then that guy is correct? OMG. I know they're probably fake, but please be real. ;___; OR NOT IDK WHAT I WANT.

Actually no that bird looks kinda ugly I don't want it to be real :(

April 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
the bird reminds me or Marcatus or whatever the cactus pokemon is called...
If these are real then...wow...

P0kelegend
April 9th, 2012, 03:38 PM
They are from 2ch forums which is why its either completely real, or completely fake since they are the ones who post the real leaks, but also the fake ones.

I REALLY don't like that bird Pokemon, and I don't want new Pokemon until the next Gen :( I hope these are fake.

April 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Perhaps gen V is actually over...but then again those are mostly fan terms...we're have to adjust them...

Forever
April 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Well it's also the perfect time for leaks too, which is very scary. :( Someone wanna like, email Serebii? XD I don't remember who did that last time. :x

Okay okay I'm leaning towards fake rn, so that I'm not disappointed.

Actually brb moving these posts to rumours thread, since until confirmed we don't want to completely get people's hopes up. :x

Riansky
April 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm saying those are fake, until they will be confirmed. But it would be really cool!

Forever
April 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Oh btw guys, CoroCoro leaks are usually 11th-12th always, so if we're hoping for fake, we have like, one day for it not to be real. :(

BUT STILLL...
Resembles an owl with a flower on head, needle eyebrows, and cactus wings. Seems to be based off the owls that live in cacti. The Fire Pokemon is a little orange elephant, different body design from Phanpy, rounder. Flame pattern on inside of ears–reference to the use of ears to regulate heat? Holes where its tusk would be. I assume, like Chimchar, fire comes out when it battles. Water Pokemon is a platypus, very playful in its design. Beaver-tail is large and looks like a surf-board, with a v-cut at the end. Magazine makes a note about the Starter Pokemon being “imported”, not sure what it means by this.

Matches it entirelyyyyyy, the two creatures, that is.

Kaori
April 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I hope these aren't real. They're kinda ugly in my honest opinion. Though I can't see the two well enough.

Joshawott
April 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Come on, guys. That bird doesn't look all that bad. And do my eyes deceive me, or is that a platypus Pokémon? That would be a dream come true!

Seriously, though, I could definitely see those being real. A clock tower in Pokémon would be awesome! Pokévania, anyone?

Xander Olivieri
April 9th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cool~ I find the Grass Bird to be cute.

I'm a bit caught with the whitewash look as if they ran it through another media before taking a picture. I mean that is some pretty horrible quality.

I'd love to point out that the Clock Tower picture has the Grass Bird following the Character who seems to be wearing a blue flat-cap and has Blondish hair.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 9th, 2012, 06:07 PM

Calling it out now. Elaborate fake.

Bluerang1
April 9th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Haha I knew these would come out. Totes fake :)

Cello
April 9th, 2012, 08:35 PM
They are from 2ch forums which is why its either completely real, or completely fake since they are the ones who post the real leaks, but also the fake ones.

Wouldn't it had to have been one or the other, irregardless of the source? :P

I dunno what to think of those scans. Personally I think they're fake, but if they turn out to be real i'm going to be keep an open mind and say that's not looking half bad.

Forever
April 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Calling it out now. Elaborate fake.

lol I read up @ #tpc and yeah I agree with the fake. Such a good thing tbh. :) /celebrate

Ravecat
April 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I wish they were real; they're infinitely better than the starters we already have for B&W.

Particularly Cactowl, he's a champ.

Xander Olivieri
April 10th, 2012, 12:06 AM
The scans were made by Mucrush. Also known as Pokemon-Diamond on dA.

http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Fake-CoroCoro-scan-May-2012-295225523

rocky505
April 10th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I knew they were fake. For some reason people on serebii kept saying the text error wasn't enough evidence. Apparently it was xD.

aquakip
April 10th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Actually P-D got it wrong. ;) The scans were made by a bunch of people. Not him alone.

Giraffe
April 10th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Hmm, not too bothered about the scan being fake..
However, I really really wish the follow me feature returns; .-.

KingCyndaquil
April 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM
what about this whole thing about the starters?

I'm hearing that you pick up where you left off with the starter at level 50 with Zekrom/Reshirim all over the internet.

Riansky
April 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM

I'm hearing that you pick up where you left off with the starter at level 50 with Zekrom/Reshirim all over the internet.

Would be quite interesing but I don't think its gonna happen

Forever
April 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Uhhh yeah no, that'd significantly halve the gameplay which is not a good thing :x

Joshawott
April 10th, 2012, 06:01 PM
My guess is that we won't be using the Unova starters.

Trask3000
April 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I must say these are pretty elaborate fakes........but if all of what I seen is real I'll will be bouncing off the walls. :D :D

Xander Olivieri
April 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
New from Pokejungle:

We’re all eagerly awaiting 2ch scans, but let’s keep ourselves entertained. Remember these are FAKE, Serebii will get mad at me if you believe anything until we have actual information

Wasn’t even going to do these, but got a strong reaction on Twitter/Facebook to post them. These are translated from 2ch:

- Team Plasma is back
- N is missing
- Story takes place two years after BW
- Kyurem, Darmanitan, and Cryogonal have new forms
- New Pokemon
- Cheren is now a gym leader
- Adventure begins in Castelia City
<3 pokejungle

Forever
April 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Is this a rumour or something he made up himself? lol. Since idk from that wording sorta confused. :x

I want Castelia City, two years and new Pokemon. ;__; Forms appears to be the only likely thing imo.

Xander Olivieri
April 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
They are rumors from 2ch.

Forever
April 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Oh I swear I didn't see the translated line before. o_O Yeah I really don't think N will be gone, so I'm leaning definitely towards fake. ;x

P0kelegend
April 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
And more onto that added to the 2ch post:
C-gear functions upgrade
same starters with some new secret
new places and towns on the map
main charas are 17
more 3D than BW
next issue: new pokemon

They claim they have Coro Coro and got all the info from that.

Twiggy
April 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I think I'm also leaning towards fake, or at least partially fake when it comes to N. You don't throw away a sequel hook like that.

Xander Olivieri
April 10th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Oh I swear I didn't see the translated line before. o_O Yeah I really don't think N will be gone, so I'm leaning definitely towards fake. ;x

well

- Team Plasma is back
- N is missing
- Story takes place two years after BW
- Cheren is now a gym leader

These four are pretty much Gold/Silver rehashing.

TR disbanded and reforms in Johto to search for their missing Leader who left to a far away region for personal reasons after losing to Red.

Team Plasma reforms to search for N after N leaves for personal reasons after losing to Hilda/Hilbert.

Story takes place two years later to give teams time to search and pull a desperate search later.

Main Rival becomes a Gym Leader after failing to achieve Champion Status. I say Cheren is main rival simply because he continues on his Gym Conquest while Bianca pretty much gives up and starts assisting Prof. Juniper about half way through the story.

Kyurem's forms already revealed so no surprise they added that.

Darmanitan.....Unless they make a permanent Zen mode I honestly don't see it happening.

Cryognal...it says in its Pokedex that its body melts away when it is heated to a certain point so we could very well have a new form for it.

Castella, I find hardest to believe even though it is the first area that is cut off from the Entree link. Though it's not likely to become a starting point as you'd have to back track for a Gym badge. Now the character can be from Castella which would be nice, but I don't see it as the starting town.

New Pokemon...I both want and do not want simply because I am not ready for Gen 5 to end.

Forever
April 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM
And more onto that added to the 2ch post:
C-gear functions upgrade
same starters with some new secret
new places and towns on the map
main charas are 17
more 3D than BW
next issue: new pokemon

They claim they have Coro Coro and got all the info from that.

... :( This seems believable sadly, I want different starters, damnit. But new Pokemon/new locations = want. THEN AGAIN, N/Castelia don't believe. lol. :x

@Xander: Johto kinda things could mean fake or real, idk, because you have the other "leaks" and you have the fact that these are sequels and that Unova was the "new start" soo idk.

I also don't think this could all be in one issue.

Twiggy
April 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM
... :( This seems believable sadly, I want different starters, damnit. But new Pokemon/new locations = want. THEN AGAIN, N/Castelia don't believe. lol. :x

You know, Forever, I want to believe in everything that has happened aside from ones that do not make any sense. :(

I guess this comes with a lot of rumours.

Charlie Brown
April 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM
The second set of rumours seem a lot more conservative than the first tbqh and thus they're more believable, although I reaaaaaally want them all to be true hahaha. I'd love a whole "Team Plasma boss is missing" scenario with N plus just because the magazine says he's missing doesn't mean that he'll be completely absent for the whole game; they obviously wouldn't reveal the ending of the game...*shrugs*

Llennoccm8
April 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I can't Translate Japanese, but I found this Floating around on 4chan:

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1334180769550.jpg

It looks like that ghost pokemon that the rumors described

Blue
April 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM
That's a very low quality scan and it's most likely fake with what all the fake images spreading, no other scans have been leaked as far as were concerned. Also if you found it on 4Chan that pretty much confirms it's fake.

Forever
April 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah just merging with rumours (going to change to rumours/unconfirmed thread @ title) for now. Prove why it should be real etc or not, I don't mind either.

Cello
April 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
It was already proven fake on 4chan. The background is from Platinum apparently, which is what gave it away. Also the typography is done very sloppily, leaving white marks in some of the japanese symbols.
The guy posting it claimed his friend works as the head director, which he took a quick snapshot from.

I wouldn't rely on 4chan for the leaks. There are a lot of people posting fake information currently.
Plus 4chan wouldn't get the information before 2ch. Very unlikely anyways. :P

Kenshin5
April 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I concur^, even if it wasn't confirmed fake it already looks horrid as is I would have had major doubts regardless. At least with the two fakes earlier this week with the "new" grass and water starters and the clock tower the people put effort into it. This on the other hand looks like garbage.

On second look, it seems like a poor edit of Frosslas, even more of a tip off.

April 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
The starters will have a secret...if true maybe they will come with their Dw abilities...must resist urge to pick Snivy again, it's Tepig's turn...or maybe they all gain formes of their own...Water/Fighting Samurrot? Grass/Psychic Serperior, and Fire/dark Emboar, oh I wish...

Xander Olivieri
April 11th, 2012, 07:48 PM
The starters will have a secret...if true maybe they will come with their Dw abilities...must resist urge to pick Snivy again, it's Tepig's turn...or maybe they all gain formes of their own...Water/Fighting Samurrot? Grass/Psychic Serperior, and Fire/dark Emboar, oh I wish...

Its prolly a continuation to the Elemental Hyperbeams and Pledge/Oath attacks. A third Starter only set of attacks.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM

It'd be better if it were grass/fighting, fire/dark, and water/psychic or grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting if you ask me, each starter would be both strong and weak against each other in that case, a rather nice change of pace from the norm if you ask me lol.

April 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Oh, maybe it'll be a Physical set of moves then seeing how the beams and Oaths are all special. They could be elemental Giga impacts ^_^.
N missing...he proably is hiding, or maybe he isn't in Unova yet until later in the game, that'll be ironic...

Xander Olivieri
April 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
So far 2 years is right.

New Pokemon are just old Pokemon bringing the Pokedex from 156 to 300ish.

Nothing else has been shown yet.

two Rumors quelled.

G.U.Y.
April 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
So far 2 years is right.

New Pokemon are just old Pokemon bringing the Pokedex from 156 to 300ish.

Nothing else has been shown yet.

two Rumors quelled.

Another rumor put to rest was that we start in the big 3D city. We do start in a new place, but not there.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
The cactus plant reminds me of a fake pokemon that was posted on serebii. By the way the person described it, they'd look about the same, so I say 50/50?
Maybe it WAS a pokemon planned for B/W2 but when it was leaked it was announced as fake to cover it up...?

Magic
April 13th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Having another starter-only move would be a bit boring :/ especially since anyone is unlikely to use all 3 anyway, idk just seems kind of pointless.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Unsticking this as a general unconfirmed thread, but since the entire forum is pretty much for speculation at this point, a general thread may not be necessary for now.

bwburke94
April 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are in the coding of B/W. If this was Generation VI, and B2/W2 players couldn't battle B/W players, they wouldn't be there. This also rules out any new moves, Pokémon, or similar changes that would prevent the games from battling each other.

Kyurem will revert to its base forme when battling a B/W player (similar to Giratina/Shaymin/Rotom when battling a D/P player.)

Aquarius1997
May 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Pokejungle has recently posted a rumor on its site

The link is

http://pokejungle.net/2012/05/09/june-2012-corocoro-rumors/#comments

This is a rumor but the subway info is pretty exciting

DISCUSS!!!

Blue
May 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Very interesting, I wouldn't have noticed this otherwise! I really do hope Starly is in B2W2 I'd definitely use Staraptor and I love their line.

Zayphora
May 9th, 2012, 04:15 PM
But I thought akuroma was supposed to be the region professor....:o

Kenshin5
May 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Seems weird with the lack of Battle Tower being mentioned with the BF unless I am missing something. If those rumors are true hopefully it is stated what typing the gym leader is and where he/she is located. As well as new frontier brains.

Xander Olivieri
May 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Seems weird with the lack of Battle Tower being mentioned with the BF unless I am missing something. If those rumors are true hopefully it is stated what typing the gym leader is and where he/she is located. As well as new frontier brains.

Battle Tower and the Battle Subway are pretty much the same thing. They work exactly the same way.

CoraCoraNekaku
May 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I think the new Prof. is expected. I would of been shocked if it was still Juniper. She was young and seems to me more of a traveling prof then the others. So I can see her saying she is exploring the world now.

Battle Tower and the Battle Subway are pretty much the same thing. They work exactly the same way.

But I thought akuroma was supposed to be the region professor....:o

I never heard that. I always thought he was just some guy working for the evil team.

If the contest work as the anime OMG YESSSS!

Kenshin5
May 9th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I suppose it would be a bit redundant, although it would be a bit nicer with more then four facilities.

Either way if they did have a Battle Frontier it would detract a bit for the people saying their is nothing to do post Main Story.

Xander Olivieri
May 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Akuroma isn't a professor. He's a Researcher, same as Fennel. Fennel is the closest thing you can describe him to in the Pokemon World. Nintendo and Game Freak have never referenced him as the game's Professor, though they do call him a Researcher.

B2W2 may not have a professor.

Forever
May 9th, 2012, 11:29 PM
The subway being replaced is not something I'd like. Well, I never use it, but the subway is unique to Unova and losing that is like taking a part of the games away. Plus a professor w/ the name of Oak? Pffttttt. Also for a 48 page pull out that isn't much information unless it's only a quarter of it, but idk. I think there will be a grass leader in general anyways lool.

CoraCoraNekaku
May 10th, 2012, 02:25 AM
The subway being replaced is not something I'd like. Well, I never use it, but the subway is unique to Unova and losing that is like taking a part of the games away. Plus a professor w/ the name of Oak? Pffttttt. Also for a 48 page pull out that isn't much information unless it's only a quarter of it, but idk. I think there will be a grass leader in general anyways lool.

I think they said his name is a type of Oak. Its not actually Oak. Like how there different kinds of Turkeys or Turtles. Not sure though.

Forever
May 10th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Ohh right, yeah I meant that the fact that it's similar to Oak. All the other professors had names that were generally related to trees but nothing too close to what was already done before. :(

CoraCoraNekaku
May 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Ohh right, yeah I meant that the fact that it's similar to Oak. All the other professors had names that were generally related to trees but nothing too close to what was already done before. :(Maybe its Oak's wife or child XD. Actually a child would make a lot of sense since we know nothing about Gary's parents. If this could be true I wonder if they would toss pass references in. Cynthia said something about old champions gathering in BW so I wonder if this could be a fusion of the past gens fused into one. Like a Power Rangers kind of thing lol.

xdom
May 10th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Oaks wife could be in it idk if he acutlly did but it would add more depth to him

Forever
May 10th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hmm I don't really think she's related to him but rather that it just represents the tie back to the older games, and if so they probably should've done that at Juniper. XD;

Mr Cat Dog
May 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Or... maybe it's just a new Professor, full-stop? There's already lots of presumed continuity to the original BW games, so to add in this nod to Kanto - of which I imagine most of the target audience won't have much of a memory - seems a little bit like stretching it to me.

CoraCoraNekaku
May 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Or... maybe it's just a new Professor, full-stop? There's already lots of presumed continuity to the original BW games, so to add in this nod to Kanto - of which I imagine most of the target audience won't have much of a memory - seems a little bit like stretching it to me.

I think the target knows Kanto too. Been on a few Japanese fansites of Pokemon and there is quite a lot of young fanart of the older series. Besides don't they air older eps on Smash?

Kenshin5
May 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Rumor never said the Subway was being replaced, just the entirety of its area and it is now incorporated into the Battle Frontier.

May 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM
What if the new proffesor was Daisy (Green/Blue's sister), perhaps she came to Unova to become a gym leader...
Stevia sound too much like Steven...if this is real she's proably Steal too.

Forever
May 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Why relocate it from Nuvema though? :x Unless it'll be specifically relocated to the town in the west which wasn't really used in the first place, so I guess making it exclusive for that would be okay, but idk. Why would you need a subway and a frontier anyways?

And well MRAS, if she came to Unova to be a gym leader idk how she ends up as professor then lool.

CoraCoraNekaku
May 11th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Brock may return! YES! Also Cheren is a gym leader. Still there rumors but may be confirmed from the leaks.

Hikamaru
May 11th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I'm excited about Cheren's possible appearance as a Gym Leader. He was one of my faves from the original Black and White.

Can't wait to see Brock too!

venom12
May 11th, 2012, 03:59 AM
The leaker also mentioned that there's a facility where various other leaders from the past games appear including Lance, Volkner, Blue, Misty & Steven

Omg we will see :D I think its fake.

Blue
May 11th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Omg we will see :D I think its fake.

I really hope this isn't fake, something like that would be fantastic!

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Well to me it seems like waaay too many relations to past-games. It seems kinda random to have that many past references so I feel like it's most likely to be fake, but idk. Maybe the facility is on Liberty Garden, to relate to the other island which promotes unity and such.

Alinthea
May 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Well to me it seems like waaay too many relations to past-games. It seems kinda random to have that many past references so I feel like it's most likely to be fake, but idk. Maybe the facility is on Liberty Garden, to relate to the other island which promotes unity and such.

Yeh, I agree with Forever.
It would be good, no doubt, but very random really.

dreamcatcher
May 11th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I'm excited about the possible return of Giovanni :) maybe we'll see the 2nd return of Team Rocket? :) *fingers crossed*

CoraCoraNekaku
May 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Is the source a reliable source? Or is it just some random person saying they have the zine?
It may seem random now but so does any game until we get the full story which usually puts the random things in a logical way.

TBH I'm going to say Red and Green are around legal age now due to the timeline.

They were 13 in HG/SS and I'm guessing maybe 7 years passed from that time to BW due to Caitlin then two years for BW 2. So they could be 23.

Count
May 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
TR disbanded and reforms in Johto to search for their missing Leader who left to a far away region for personal reasons after losing to Red.

This coincides with the Giovanni rumor - maybe the far away region he went to is Unova, and that's why he appears in BW2.

Does not have to mean Team Rocket will return (which is unlikely if you ask me and I hope it doesn't happen), maybe he has some role in trying to stop or better - control Kyurem. I can actually see that happening. I doubt it will, though.

Mr Cat Dog
May 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I'm very sceptical about the as-of-writing unconfirmed rumours re: old characters. There's bringing back fan favourites and then there's this! I certainly won't be disappointed if it turns out to be true, but I'm not holding out hope, to be honest.

Tetra
May 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I can't really think of that thing of battling Gym Leaders from all around the world; it just dosen't seem real. But if it did happen, which is unlikely, it would be pretty awesome.

Blue
May 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Lt. Surge and Erika will also be present. Apparently the facility is called "World Tournament." It seems you'll be able to battle every previous Gym Leader and Elite Four Champion there.

If this is true (although it's likely we may see some I don't really see them ALL appearing) then this will be the best addition by far IMO.

thedestinedblade
May 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I figured Cheren would have decided to travel like Alder but being a gym leader would be a fitting conclusion to his "pursuit of strength" storyline.

Bluerang1
May 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I want the World Tournament Facility so bad. Best rumor/idea I've heard so far.

Zayphora
May 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I WANT THE WORLD TOURNAMENT PLEAAAAAAASEEEE LET THIS NOT BE FAKE
I hope Rocket's not back. If any team should be back....welllllll....You already know what I'm about to say....

May 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I remember having a dream of a tournament between gym leaders and champs (only it was in Fortree, Hoenn...) I'm glad to see that might become a reality ^_^
Geo's back? Well if true than I'm glad for Silver, his father didn't commit Suicide...speaking of Silver might he appear too?

Xander Olivieri
May 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cynthia in B/W suggested this in the game. So maybe that was special placement?

MegaKuriboh
May 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
World Tournament?

Damn, if this is true, that's incredible! I'm sure that PokeFans all over the world have been waiting for something like this!
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I don't care haha :]

Although I do have my doubts. BW1 took place how many years after GS/DP? 10? Wattson & Blaine must be close to, if not already retired. Also, Giovanni? What is he doing here? Could Team Rocket be coming back AGAIN?

However if I recall correctly, Cynthia did say something in BW1 about Champions from all regions gathering in Unova.

Found it: "Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

So that COULD be a sign that the rumor is true!

I will be so dissapointed if this rumor turns out to be false, but it does seem way too good to be true. :[

Cheren as a Gym Leader? I wouldn't doubt it. Black & White 2 is basically the Gold & Silver to Black & White, and your rival in Red & Blue does turn out to be a Gym Leader in GS. Maybe Cheren is the final Gym Leader you have to face?

vaporeon7
May 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
As much as I adore this, I am very skeptical. The idea of having over 50 trainers with high level Pokémon to battle sounds too good to be true. This certainly would get people who may have not bought the game to now buy it though.

May 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Perhaps only a select few of the gym leaders would appear...40 gym leaders from the old generations and BW seems like too much...Personally I would like to see Brock, Misty, Geo, and Blue from Kanto; Falkner, Clair from Johto, All of Hoenn Roxanne, Braly, and Wallance and Juan from Hoenn; Roark, Volkner from Sinnoh; and all of Unova (because we are still in Unova).

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Well, maybe each gym leader is accessible by a wifi event. Like, "the misty wifi event - to enable battles with misty in the world tournament, download this ticket" or something, like every month which gives people something to look forward to rather than all at once? :x

May 11th, 2012, 05:20 PM
^ You mean kind of like the Wi-fi stories available in Conquest? That's possible, or maybe they use the dream world points to acess them in game after you get a certain score.