PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Fan Club

BigBoss
January 12th, 2005, 03:42 PM
This fan club is for all of the fans of the Metal Gear games, Solid or Original! I know there is one big MG fan-Me! So join today!
Members
Owner: DarkLink
Co Owner: Kenshin11212
Esai
Kadabra
DarkDoom3000
Max Hunter
the skate board kid

Roxas
January 12th, 2005, 07:29 PM
W00t! I love Metal Gear Solid! I wonder why I never made a MGS club. Well, whatever.

I'm definately joining! Can I be co-owner?

Esai
January 14th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I like metal gear, ill join!

Drayano
January 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I'll join! Haven't got Snake Eater yet though.

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 12:44 PM
W00t! I love Metal Gear Solid! I wonder why I never made a MGS club. Well, whatever.

I'm definately joining! Can I be co-owner?

Sure! and Kadabra you can join too!

DarkDoom3000
January 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I WANNA JOIN!!!!
Im a hardcore metal gear/ solid fan
I was wondering when there was going to be a club like this!!:P

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM
You can join! So what is your fav Metal Gear game? I thought Snake Eater was the best! The twist at the end was kinda weird though.

DarkDoom3000
January 15th, 2005, 01:00 PM
What twist what twist!!!
(isnt the snake on snake eater big boss)

Hey did you know there is going to be a game called
Metal Gear AC!D

its going to be on PSP (Play Station Portable) :confused: :confused: :confused:

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 01:04 PM
What twist what twist!!!
(isnt the snake on snake eater big boss)

Hey did you know there is going to be a game called
Metal Gear AC!D

its going to be on PSP (Play Station Portable) :confused: :confused: :confused:
Yeah the Big Boss twist. I could kinda tell when he got the eyepatch, though. I also knew about Metal gear AC!D. it's gonna have a card style gameplay, like a rpg.

Esai
January 15th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I havnt got snake eater yet but i've played both MGS and MGS2 but i cant wait for snake eater

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Snake Eater is really good. you should get it soon!

DarkDoom3000
January 15th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I have preview of it it looks cool, I wanna get it
Metal gear solid 2 was kind of sad because you only control snake 1/3rd of the game :(
PS :YAY 101 posts!!! :D :D

Drayano
January 16th, 2005, 04:05 AM
I'll be getting Snake Eater when it comes out here, in March.

Fav MGS game so far would have to be Substance, yay for VR Missions!

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 02:59 PM
What was the Weirdest boss you have ever faced in a MGS game? I say it's Fatman, that bomb maker from 2, followed by The Pain.(cmon, he uses Hornets to attack!)

DarkDoom3000
January 16th, 2005, 03:17 PM
yeah that fat dude i was like what was konami thinking !!??
But i guess they like to add humour in their MGS games too
like in MGS 1 where you can see the gaurd doing his bissness in the tolite....:P

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah, that was funny. Hey anybody wanna make a banner for the club?

DarkDoom3000
January 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM
yeah we do need a banner, it could have a pic of snake and outher people
but dont ask me(I SUCK at drawing on computer , but not with a pencil )

I used to have metal gear solid but the disk broke :( :( :(
but I finished it like 15 times :) :) :)
now i play MGS2 at my friends house

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 03:40 PM
You should get The Twin Snakes, a way better remake of the original. It's on GCN.

DarkDoom3000
January 16th, 2005, 03:44 PM
yeah i know it looks cool (they have eyeballs :) )
but I only have a ps1 and ps2
we cant get a gamecube :(
I hope they make some metal gear remakes, it would be cool good as grafix, sound, gameplay, and people will get the storyling about foxhound, outer heaven, grey fox!!! :D

Electric Hero
January 16th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I made a club like this before, but it died really soon, but whatever, I'm joining! I love all the MGS games! I have The Twin Snakes and Snake Eater.

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 03:55 PM
You can join! I'm gonna make a list now. *Edits first post* I also added the banner problem to it.

DarkDoom3000
January 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM
welcome to the metal gear club, (yay more members :D )

BigBoss
January 16th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah, the more the merrier! Hey, What do you want the design of the banner to look like? I'm gonna ask in the art forums. I'm gonna go ahead and ask for one, ok?

DarkDoom3000
January 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM
sweet a banner, one question how do you attach a banner to you sig?

Esai
January 16th, 2005, 11:07 PM
the img tags i thought...

DarkDoom3000
January 17th, 2005, 03:37 PM
but what do i write?
it says ????:(

Electric Hero
January 17th, 2005, 04:03 PM
thank you. Darkdoom3000, you write the image tag, an image between image tags should look like this: *http://www.whateveryouwanthere.com* .... yea something like that, but with a real web page, just don't write the **

DarkDoom3000
January 17th, 2005, 04:13 PM
thanks- Max Hunter !!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Electric Hero
January 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
no problem, but call me Max, XD

DarkDoom3000
January 17th, 2005, 09:01 PM
ok max, i have to go to a stupid camp on saturday for 2 days so ill be back on sunday or monday

Drayano
January 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Might get Twin Snakes for my birthday, it seems promising.

Well for weirdest boss, Fatman is a must. Best boss would have to be Psycho Mantis. Neat how they did that thing where Mantis could read your first controller and not your second.

DarkDoom3000
January 18th, 2005, 02:53 PM
yeah psyco matas was cool

It took me like 1 hour to find out when I called cambell and he told me to plug my contorller into the 2nd port who would have thought?

BigBoss
January 18th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I have decided to make the banner myself, and I finished it! Not too bad, is it?
It's in my sig.

DarkDoom3000
January 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Cool banner :D :D :D
Im going to use it right now!!! :bandit: :bandit: :dead: :dead: :D :D

BigBoss
January 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I used basic paint, so that took awhile.

Drayano
January 19th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Pretty good DarkLink. I'll stuff it in my sig now :)

BigBoss
January 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Oh ok. ^^ I really didn't think you guys would like it, I don't have all those advnced programs.

DarkDoom3000
January 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I have Idraw but problem is it can only draw on PNG, 256 colour bit(or something like that) .

BigBoss
January 19th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Oh..... anyway, what do you guys think of Metal Gear Ac!d? I think it will be ok, but making it a card like rpg game is not exactly what I wanted.

DarkDoom3000
January 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
yeah I thought they would stick to the oraginal action shooter way,
but it has good grafix
Here go to this site http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mga/index.php
it tells you about it and it shows the shape of the new" METAL GEAR "

Electric Hero
January 19th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Psycho Mantis rocks! but I never plugged my controller to the second plug XD. But I didn't take a lot of time. I like how the comedy fits into the game. I remember I realized that just in a few chances, Mantis would be vulnerable. I never asked for help in all bosses, I think I'm too busy killing them to call for help! XD.

About MGS AC!D, well, I won't play it, I dunno why, but I don't think it will be very cool like other games, or in the PSP.

BigBoss
January 19th, 2005, 04:41 PM
yeah I thought they would stick to the oraginal action shooter way,
but it has good grafix
Here go to this site http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mga/index.php
it tells you about it and it shows the shape of the new" METAL GEAR "
Yeah I have read it, I hope for the next one to stick with the action shooter in the next MG game. I heard 3 was the last MGS, so I hope they don't start to stick with that style, cuse I don't like it. And Max, you HAD to put it in the second controller socket to beat him.

DarkDoom3000
January 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I hope they dont make metal gear ACID 2, well if it returned back to action shooter than that would be ok, but if it still was a card type then go to hell!!!! :dead: :P

I heard there was a way to beat mantis without pluging to 2nd port you have to stand by the statues???or something...

Electric Hero
January 19th, 2005, 05:58 PM
BUT I DEFEATED PSYCHO MANTIS!!!!!! and without plugging my controller to the second plug. No, you don't have to stay near the statues. First thing useful I did, was to destroy the pictures of the chinese person in the wall. Then all things that Psycho Mantis throw at you. The hard thing was the armor. Anyway, my always trusty strategy for bosses, that let you think and evade their attacks is: running in circles by the walls. Yea, you run next to the walls in circles, that lets you think in what to do, searh weaknesses of the Boss, and more useful stuff. Maybe that sounds like if I were a little child, but it works! XD really.

Cool thing when I encountered Psycho Mantis was, that when I aimed him in the head for a "critical hit" or to do more damage using the 1st person vision, if you take too long, the screen turns gray and black, and blurry, then you had to get out of 1st person vision and battle him in 3rd person one, and if you wanted, again the 3rd person one. Sometimes, Psycho Mantis block your screen showing gray and black and in a corner "(X number) Video" yea it was like "3 Video" or change the numbers. That was cool, so cool. But it was kinda easy to defeat him, I only lost twice against him! XD am I good or am I good? XD

DarkDoom3000
January 19th, 2005, 06:17 PM
but whe you vs mantis there is a bit where he can read your mind and you cant attack him because he douges it!!! (ive tried)and he can only read the input of controller slot 1 so you plug it into slot 2

do you have twin snakes or the oraginal???? :/

Electric Hero
January 19th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the GameCube. Yea sometimes he dodges the attacks, but sometimes he doesn't!! yea he doesn't!! sometimes, you got to be very skilled to know when and where to shoot, or like me that I did it when I felt like it. XD

DarkDoom3000
January 19th, 2005, 08:42 PM
oho no wander for the PS you cant attack him because he dodges every move you make untill you [plug your controller on port 2 and hee starts screeming "I cant read"(sounds like he says "I cant breath" sounds funny :P) I thought konami would leave that as it is on twin snakes :dead:

Drayano
January 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately, they don't :( I think I'm gonna get Twin Snakes for my Birthday ^_^.

DarkDoom3000
January 20th, 2005, 01:37 PM
it hasn't even come out here (nor has snake eater) pre ordering will cost too much for me
so ill have to wait till it comes out :(:(:(

P.S = Ill be back on monday or sunday (depends if I come home early) ;) :D :D :D

Drayano
January 21st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Darkdoom, do you like in the UK? If you do, and Twin Snakes is not out... *dies*

Either that or another internet present. LOL.

Esai
January 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM
Im annoyed because I have completed all Metal Gear Solid Games, and i am from the uk so snake eater isnt out... when its out I am gonna get it. Unless i have spent all my money on a DS!

Roxas
January 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Might get Twin Snakes for my birthday, it seems promising.

Well for weirdest boss, Fatman is a must. Best boss would have to be Psycho Mantis. Neat how they did that thing where Mantis could read your first controller and not your second.

Fatman is pretty weird. But the two coolest mosses are 'Ninja' and Psycho Mantis. 'Ninja' is the coolest person out of the whole Metal Gear series. You just gotta love his style. He freakin uses a Katana. That's awesome XD And what he did right before he died way awesome, too. How he had that gun thingy and started kicking the crap out of Metal Gear Rex

the skate board kid
January 21st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Oh!, can I join i love Metal Gear, espeacialy(dont know if spelled that right, but i dont care) the remake for GC. I own that game, exept for metal gear, he kick my A**, kicked it old skool!

BigBoss
January 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Fatman is pretty weird. But the two coolest mosses are 'Ninja' and Psycho Mantis. 'Ninja' is the coolest person out of the whole Metal Gear series. You just gotta love his style. He freakin uses a Katana. That's awesome XD And what he did right before he died way awesome, too. How he had that gun thingy and started kicking the crap out of Metal Gear Rex

Yeah, Ninja was completey beating the crap out of Rex too bad he got smashed. Also, Skate bord kid, you can join.

DarkDoom3000
January 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
I back XD
and I live in new zealand (small country beside auzie)

I wonder whats gonna be the next metal gear (besides Ac!d)
I hope its gonna be coool!!!

Drayano
January 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Mum prefers to order off the net O_o.

I still haven't played MGS for a while -_-;;; Wish Snake Eater was out in the UK =/

DarkDoom3000
January 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ninja was cool :D

hw was my second best character (besides Snake!)
He was wasting REX XD
it was sad that that he deid :(

BigBoss
January 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM
I loved when Ninja killed those people before meeting Otacon, it was like the scene where you meat Vamp in 2. And I love scenes like that! XD

Electric Hero
January 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
ohhhhh, I love that scene DarkLink! yeahn the ninja killing all those soldiers like if they were of toy! XD it looked sooo cool

BigBoss
January 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, They were all getting obliberated! XD I was also laughing my head off after he was about to kill Otacon and Otacon pee'd in his pants XD

DarkDoom3000
January 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
yeah ninja wasting all thoes soldiers and otcaon peeing his pants XD!

BigBoss
January 24th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I cracked up when that happened! (Could'nt think of anything better)

DarkDoom3000
January 25th, 2005, 12:29 PM
hey dose merly ever show again after metal gear solid 1 ?
"just curious thats all"XD

Esai
January 25th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Dnt fnk so, expt 4 twn snks XD, mght on snk e@tr cos i dnt hve it

Drayano
January 25th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Getting Twin Snakes for my birthday :-). Anything I need to know, or can I play it as an MGS2 remake of MGS1 sorta?

Esai
January 25th, 2005, 01:32 PM
u gt it rght it a rplca of mgs1 wth btr grphx

BigBoss
January 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Getting Twin Snakes for my birthday :-). Anything I need to know, or can I play it as an MGS2 remake of MGS1 sorta?

Pretty much, that explains Twin Snakes well. Oh and Meryl has not appered in any MGS game since the Orig/Twin Snakes.

DarkDoom3000
January 25th, 2005, 03:30 PM
has any body played Metal gear or metag gear 2 :solid snake
I have (its isnt that cool graxif are like GBC)

BigBoss
January 25th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I have the ROM of the original and 2, and I used someones save just to see the endings for them.

http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/Metal_Gear/Metal_Gear_boxfront.jpg

The original box XD

Sankari
January 26th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Can I join? I only watch my dad play, but I really like the storyline and everything. And I really like the camouflage thing in Snake Eater. The Sorrow was creepy...and I liked the part in Liberty Brothers where you had to run around naked, but that's just me. That's funny :D and I laughed the whole time.

Drayano
January 26th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Pretty much, that explains Twin Snakes well. Oh and Meryl has not appered in any MGS game since the Orig/Twin Snakes.

Not quite. She did appear in MGS2 in one of the Snake Eater tales and in VR Mission Variety Mode Level 4 =P Although Meryl in MGS2 is basically Olga with a different look :\ .

SPon11, I expect DarkLink or whoever our co-owner is (I forgot o.O) will let ya join when they get here ^^.

DarkDoom3000
January 26th, 2005, 05:42 PM
yeah do we even have a co-owner? :\

BigBoss
January 28th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Can I join? I only watch my dad play, but I really like the storyline and everything. And I really like the camouflage thing in Snake Eater. The Sorrow was creepy...and I liked the part in Liberty Brothers where you had to run around naked, but that's just me. That's funny :D and I laughed the whole time.

You can join! and Kenshin is the Co-Owner.

Sankari
January 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
You can join! and Kenshin is the Co-Owner.
Alright! Cool, I'm the first girl in this club!

DarkDoom3000
January 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
yeah that was funny..:D:D:D:D

remember the part on MGS2 where liquid takes over occlot (or oclot ?) good old liquid

Sankari
January 28th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Okay, so there's MetalGearSolid and MetalGearLiquid...why isn't there a MetalGearGas...? That sounded stupid...But a thought! Heheh...

Drayano
January 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Metal Gear Hydrogen o.O

I'm not getting MGS Acid for 2 reasons. One, it's a card game. Two, I'm not getting a PSP XD.

BigBoss
January 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM
yeah that was funny..:D:D:D:D

remember the part on MGS2 where liquid takes over occlot (or oclot ?) good old liquid

Yeah, Liquid was living in Ocelots arm, I called him Oceliquid XD As for MGA, unless somthing better comes on the realese of PSP in America, I'm gonna get it, because of the fact that it is a MG game.

DarkDoom3000
January 30th, 2005, 10:38 AM
there was a metal gear liquid???O____O

BigBoss
February 1st, 2005, 03:04 PM
there was a metal gear liquid???O____O

I'm as confused as you are... Oo Hey, did you know Hideo Kojima dissaproved of the NES Metal Gear? The real one is on MSX.

DarkDoom3000
February 1st, 2005, 07:42 PM
yeah thats the one ive been playing(SucksXD)

Sankari
February 1st, 2005, 07:46 PM
I heard that pretty soon they're going to make a Metal Gear Movie (well, at least Kojima is thinking about it) That's been my dream forever...it'd be awesome if they made a movie with Snake and all! Whahoo!

Drayano
February 2nd, 2005, 03:50 PM
MGS Movie would be wicked. Only I'd have to wait for it to come on VHS/DVD since I wouldn't be allowed in the cinemas for the movie x_X.

DarkDoom3000
February 2nd, 2005, 08:05 PM
i saw a webdsit for a metal gear movie ( wasnt real )
it says that russel crow was gonna be snake XD ????

Man if there is gonna be a movie they better make all the cast look and sound good....

Drayano
February 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM
LOL, just found a pic of a Solid Snake action figure:

http://actionfiguresbygofigure.com/media/solidsnake2.jpg

I've got a little countdown till my birthday in my sig, and you can tell it's not far off. XD.

Sankari
February 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
LOL, just found a pic of a Solid Snake action figure:

http://actionfiguresbygofigure.com/media/solidsnake2.jpg

I've got a little countdown till my birthday in my sig, and you can tell it's not far off. XD.Argh, the picture's brocken...Anyways, happy birthday or whatever.

i saw a websit for a metal gear movie ( wasnt real )
it says that russel crow was gonna be snake XD ????

Man if there is gonna be a movie they better make all the cast look and sound good...

Does that include the director and stuff XD If Resident Evil and Tomb Raider could make it to theaters twice and DVD/VHS twice, than I bet money that Metal Gear can. Maybe even thrice XD

DarkDoom3000
February 3rd, 2005, 08:04 PM
it could if it has good characters

Drayano
February 4th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Strange, pic's working for me o.O

Anyways, if they did do a MGS movie they could always use the people they used for the characters in the game...

DarkDoom3000
February 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
and they would need a twin to do liquid (because liquid looks the same as snake.)

Drayano
February 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Indeed, they would. And they'd need another twin for Solidus if they included him, or triplets for all three of them.

I've got Twin Snakes. And all I can say is, since when was the M1 Tank THAT hard? And Raven's just, the same as MGS1 O.o.

BigBoss
February 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Indeed, they would. And they'd need another twin for Solidus if they included him, or triplets for all three of them.

I've got Twin Snakes. And all I can say is, since when was the M1 Tank THAT hard? And Raven's just, the same as MGS1 O.o.

Yeah, the M1 was not very easy compared to the original.

DarkDoom3000
February 10th, 2005, 08:07 PM
in the orginal it was EAZY!! at first you might fing a little hard... but then its childs play

BigBoss
February 12th, 2005, 10:47 AM
That's true, M1 is easy as pie in the original, but in The Twin Snakes it got somehow harder. Oo

Drayano
February 12th, 2005, 04:01 PM
The gunman appears to be a lot more accurate than MGS1, and it doesn't help that you might fall into those holes either.

BigBoss
February 15th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I had a hard time in extreme mode, it took awhile.

Drayano
February 18th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I've only done it in Very Easy and Easy o_O.

BigBoss
February 19th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I am actually doing very easy now because I skipped it, but I barley play it anymore XD

Drayano
March 1st, 2005, 10:50 AM
Ugh, something happened x_X.

Anyways, I'm a bit torn. I could get Snake Eater, but I also want to get The Sims 2 University o.o. How good is the gameplay on Snake Eater?