PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]A New Unova

Pages : [1] 2

Raichupacabra
April 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
So if any of you have seen the new scans of the map, you'll notice that most of the map is frozen. Though this may be to hide the other towns (like with the clouds hiding stuff before BW came out), this may actually be part of the game. My theory is that Kyurem most likely has something to do with this. Maybe, after we quell (capture) it, Unova would go back to normal. Hopefully one of these is the case as some of us may want to visit Nuvema Town and other cities.

1) What do you think of the new frozen world?

2) Do you think it will be a permanent feature of the game?

Xander Olivieri
April 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
After you catch Kyurem I'm sure it'll thaw out so you can explore the rest of the region. I'd love to see the old cities and see what's goin on with Striaton after you complete the story line.

Cello
April 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.

P0kelegend
April 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.

Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
What if the ice isn't actually on the region but over, maybe Kyurem made a barrier of ice (to protect itself from Plasma?), surrouding that area...I mean it is the Boundary Pokemon, barriers create boundaries aka it's marking it's territory.

awolfsquared
April 11th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.

Raichupacabra
April 11th, 2012, 11:30 PM
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.

I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.

Mew~
April 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.
Yeah, it's more or less this really. Like how they used clouds to cover up the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone in the HG/SS maps.

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I'm hoping the the "Frozen world" isn't permanent. Sliding everywhere would suck. But capturing a pokemon who causes weather changes is so pokemon so I'd go with that hypothesis as well.

miltankRancher
April 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Seems temporary to me, and is only a key element on the storyline involving kyurem. i am sure that after you capture or defeat kyurem, the world will constantly thaw out.

or maybe they thaw in/out depending on the season.

awolfsquared
April 12th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.

Perhaps. But looking at the maps again I notice 6 of the original gym cities aren't covered in ice. With the addition of the two cities and gymleaders it brings the total back to eight. I'm assuming you can access the gym in Opelucid and Icirrus ( I think it's partilly covered) City.

Esper
April 12th, 2012, 09:46 AM
It seems like they're just hiding some new changes to the region, but it's probably also indicative of where you'll be able to move around in the beginning of the game since you seem like you'll be starting out in the south-west of the region rather than the south-east.

Blue
April 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'd say that the areas that you visit after the Elite Four in BW are frozen over and once defeating the Elite Four and resolving the whole Kyurem dispute it will thaw and make it accessible. I can just imagine how epic it will look when Unova is frozen!

dannyboy601
April 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I think that ice is probably there to cover up new locations that they're going to reveal later on, that ice doesn't even look like its part of the same image. If they wanted Unova to be frozen, they would've just drawn it properly like the changes to Driftveil City, Route 4 etc. However, I did read something on Bulbanews about cave entrances to enter the ice...

Iceman3317
April 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.

TheChaosBlue
April 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.

The only two gym cities that are 'covered over' in ice are Striaton City and Nacrene City.

It seems that it there's more mature atmosphere concrening the region, as many areas/parts of other cities have either improved/changed/gone. Well for one, the route betweem Castelia and Nimbasa is FINALLY DONE...so what makes of Desert Resort?

A Sadistic Bastard
April 12th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Can someone link me to a photo of this new map? I tried google. Google failed me.

Blue
April 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0412/corocoro-1.jpg

Looking at it properly, it looks like it's just been pasted on to cover up new areas as previously stated by others.

Ghiaccio
April 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...

dannyboy601
April 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...

I think those are the entrances to Chargestone Cave and Mistralton Cave.

April 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
^ I think so too...I seem to remember seeing those in BW's Unova art too...
The ice does look strange...so if not copy and pasted it's most likely a barrier thing over the region like mentioned before ^_^.

Ghiaccio
April 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
^^ Ah y'all are right haha the blue from chargestone cave and mistralton cave make it look like part of the glacier. Ah so now I can definitely see it as a cover up

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?

TheChaosBlue
April 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?

The far left of the the scan correct? Wow, didn't sse that....another region? Now that's a farfetched idea there. Still, it would be interesting if SOMETHING is there. Maybe Anville Town can gain access there, as I see the town in the northwesten part of Unova still.

rocky505
April 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah it's just a cover up. The scan states that the MAP is covered not the region. Plus it looks like Gamefreak just dropped an ice cube on top of the map. Say you drop an ice cube on top of a map of your state/hometown etc. Is it actually frozen? Nope.

April 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Who knows, maybe by map they mean region...but it does look quite strange...if it is frozen gf should have drawn a better map...

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm getting a Kanto feel from that Ice near the starting town...Like how you could Surf later from Pallet Town. Maybe a post-game kind of thing to make the starting town actually relevant?

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm getting a Kanto feel from that Ice near the starting town...Like how you could Surf later from Pallet Town. Maybe a post-game kind of thing to make the starting town actually relevant?

YES. Idk why else they would've hid that part specifically, especially when there's descriptive... parts there (the non-trees). :x

April 12th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know why either...
I hope that the city does play a role, maybe you go back during the journey.
Also this thought just occured to me, but what became of the Subway...I mean some of it's routes were under the places now covered in ice...maybe the trains will take you under the ice to the other side...

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Didn't we just determine that the ice isn't on the region, just the map? XD

April 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Didn't we just determine that the ice isn't on the region, just the map? XD
Well it has yet to be confirmed xD. It could simply be a barrier over the region, as I said before Kyurem is known as the Boundary Pokemon, they will most likely explain why it's called that like they did with Rayquaza with having the player climb up high, and it flying up high during E to stop Grou and Kyo, and Giratina being the Renegade pokemon and later explaining it's banishment to the distortion world in Pt. It's dex title has to play a part...

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 12th, 2012, 10:29 PM
You know what's really scary? If you have that theory that the game has some underwater involvement (underwater passages, water towns, etc.) then how devastating would it be if the world actually did freeze over?

The main character's home areas would be hit the hardest.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM
...I honestly want the ice to really be there, because a subway journey through the ice sounds amazing. I'm thinking the ice may be there though tbh, GF has surprised us a lot lately and I figured if they were doing anything, then yeah, a frozen Unova would be the best kind of storyline tbh.

Jake that'd mean it'd be frozen from the start, though. :(

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Well it could be encroaching ice. Like the protagonist leaving their home to find a way to stop the ice that's on the verge of swallowing up their town.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
My theoretical is that if the region will be, or even is (as some of you suggest) frozen in ice, then wouldn't it be possible that the hometown is living under threat of this?

If only I could read the Japanese properly. The kanji is too small. Actual scanner-digitised scans, please!

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Well that could also be a reason why the protagonist leaves home, to try and stop that ice from approaching their hometown. :x I like that as a reason to leave home tbh, makes since not having B/W's characters. :(

...I just had an awesome thought, what if the ice really is in the games - and you can see the edge of it from where you're standing, like at Castelia City you look over in the distance and see this really nice ice scene. :3 Actually going under it would be kinda awesome too...

April 12th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Wow, an actual reason to go to your Journey, this will be the first reason since GSC and their remakes given for the character to leave town if true, which I'm hoping it is, it'll just show how threatening Kyurem truely is...

Xander Olivieri
April 12th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Gen 1: You have to go on an errand after attaining your First Pokemon from Professor Oak as customary in that town/region. After the Errand Oak encourages you to test your skills as a trainer and to seek fame and Glory. TR story doesn't start until Mount Moon. (After First Gym)

Gen 2: You are running an Errand for Elm and given a Pokemon to defend yourself from wild Pokemon. After you finish your Errand you are (again) encouraged to take the League Challenge. You don't meet Team Rocket for the main story until Azalea. (After First Gym)

Gen 3: You hear Birch's cries for help, after getting a Pokemon ans showing battle skills he asks you to assist him and his daughter with their research, later (after talking to your dad another city over) you are encouraged to battle the league. You meet the main villan and start the main story after beating Roxanne and assisint the Devon Corp guy and Mr. Briney, saving them from Mascot team. (After First Gym)

Gen 4: You and your close friend seek adventure. (In D/P you leave to search for the Legendary Lake Pokemon after watching the news report on the Red Gyarados. In Pt you leave to ask Prof. Rowan questions. You are given your Pokemon (or retrieved them at the lake) and are asked to come by Rowan's lab later. Once there you are encouraged (AGAIN) by others to take part in the Pokemon League. You meet the main villans and get started on the main story after returning to Jubilife (After the first Gym battle) and assisting Rowan's assistant in a battle against Galactic Grunts. (Pt you meet Cyrus at the lake. which changes part of it though you do not know him as the main bad guy yet. First real encounter with Galactic is in Jubilife)

Gen 5: You receive Pokemon from the Professor as a Birthday gift and share with your friends. After going to thank the prof. for the gifts she asks you to assist her, and later you and your friend start to walk down the path of the League Trainer. You meet Plasma in the next town (breaking the cycle even though first battle encounter isn't until Dream Yard after the First Gym).

Following the cycle, I'm gunna ball park, You and your rival receive your Pokemon while attending the Trainer school. After receiving starter you are challenged by your rival to challenge the Gyms and leave on your journey.

The new Professor can recruit the two characters to assist with his study of Pokemon "Strengths".

I don't see it being too far off from this scenario. Maybe different reason for leaving, but I doubt its to save the world as that always comes from incidental build up. Reoccurring villains that just build up your will to defy them and stop their evil deeds before they harm everyone.

Not to mention the local police and people of power are just going to force you to do it anyway like they always do.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 04:01 AM
This prediction fits more here than anywhere else, since this town is covered in ice in the map so it must have a pretty drastic change. I'm gonna predict that Nuvema town is now a city and that's where the last gym is. :3

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Hmm possibly! Or the remains, under the ice are instead where it is. Actually, if it is iced over, I'm interested in how long it could've been iced over for and what's underneath those actual places. Have they become ruins?

LordSalamence
April 13th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I didn't like it when the eastern part froze.I like undella town its my type i like beaches.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 05:10 AM
It looks like there's a new beach town anyway.

I think we've established that the region hasn't been frozen over. (Or really, it hasn't been explicitly stated that it's frozen over.)

LordSalamence
April 13th, 2012, 05:15 AM
The only two gym cities that are 'covered over' in ice are Striaton City and Nacrene City.

It seems that it there's more mature atmosphere concrening the region, as many areas/parts of other cities have either improved/changed/gone. Well for one, the route betweem Castelia and Nimbasa is FINALLY DONE...so what makes of Desert Resort?

You forgot mistralton,icirrus,and opelucid city.

The ancient castle is probably gone by now covered in sand.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Hmm possibly! Or the remains, under the ice are instead where it is. Actually, if it is iced over, I'm interested in how long it could've been iced over for and what's underneath those actual places. Have they become ruins?

I would find it really strange if they finish construction around Castelia and allowed the other towns to fall into ruin. I'm speaking about it as map ice though, not region ice haha.

Esper
April 13th, 2012, 08:11 AM
This prediction fits more here than anywhere else, since this town is covered in ice in the map so it must have a pretty drastic change. I'm gonna predict that Nuvema town is now a city and that's where the last gym is. :3
Or it could be that other town you visit early in the game, the one where you meet N that has nothing in it. It really needs to have something in it to give it a reason to exist now that it's not just the first new town you visit.

TheChaosBlue
April 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
It looks like there's a new beach town anyway.

I think we've established that the region hasn't been frozen over. (Or really, it hasn't been explicitly stated that it's frozen over.)

Seems that way, but always fun to speculate if small parts are frozen/been affected in some way right?

You forgot mistralton,icirrus,and opelucid city.

The ancient castle is probably gone by now covered in sand.

Based on the scan of the map of the region, Opelucid isn't 'covered/frozen over' but rather on the verge of being 'covered/frozen over'. I didn't consider Mistralton or Icirrus until I had a closer inspection of the scan. Good eye.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Well I give in. Given that the frozen design is in the website's map, and the text raises the question of why the map is covered in ice, you have to conclude that something's happening in the areas frozen over on the map.

Maybe they really are frozen over. Scary thought.

Or maybe they're just like the clouds; they're hiding something.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Well I give in. Given that the frozen design is in the website's map, and the text raises the question of why the map is covered in ice, you have to conclude that something's happening in the areas frozen over on the map.

Maybe they really are frozen over. Scary thought.

Or maybe they're just like the clouds; they're hiding something.

You can clearly see through certain parts to blurry landscapes which still tell us alot about a few of the changes. They are just hiding things. So far Chargestone Cave, Mistralon Cave, and the area where Black City/White Forest were are frozen on the actual map.

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I think they are frozen over tbh. Considering the fact that Kyurem is the main Pokemon, and unless there's ruins under there (like I hope), that's probably the most likely thing. Otherwise yeah, why point it out? :x

P0kelegend
April 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
It looks too see-through to be frozen over IMO. I don't know, maybe some parts will be frozen but definitely not all of that. You can really see through almost all of it except the very thick parts at the top.

Twiggy
April 14th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I don't think it's actually frozen, too. I think it's actually just part of the map image intended to obscure parts of the map. Perhaps for post-game?

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 05:57 AM
A frozen region would be total boss mode. I like the idea that someone suggested that the new main character's hometown is in danger of freezing and you leave to figure out a way to stop it. OOH, and the "evil team" is there to pretend like it's trying to do the same thing, when in reality they're the cause of it! I'm thinking you beat Kyurem and then the ice melts. Especially since the Pokemon League looks frozen over, too.

iTeruri
April 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM
The ice is just to cover up. It doesn't fit with the rest of the map. It doesn't follow the land. It's just there, as a layer over the map. If the ice was actually there in-game, they would've drawn the ice on the map.

April 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
It looks too see-through to be frozen over IMO. I don't know, maybe some parts will be frozen but definitely not all of that. You can really see through almost all of it except the very thick parts at the top.

I mentioned this before, maybe the ice is simply a barrier over the land created by Kyurem, creating it's territorial boundary around the region. Also glaciers in cartoons and game are sometimes way more transparent than it is in reality.

P0kelegend
April 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Someone on another forum brought up a good point. Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Here's a high quality picture of the new map, from pokejungle.
http://i42.tinypic.com/mj2ssh.png

I do wonder if the new areas have always been there or if they were recently constructed. The former is more probable.

Iceman3317
April 14th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Notice if you look on the west side of the map. There is ice outside that game map. Therefore not part of the region.

If you look at Undella Town, The water is not frozen under the ice. They are hideing stuff most likely. I am hopeing for a Safarii Zone

There is also something new in the northern part of the western map. I am not sure what it is. It also looks like the Pokeleague structure in the northern east has changed some.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Someone on another forum brought up a good point. Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Hmmm, damnit. So no frozen Unova? Perhaps those areas are like danger zones, and you need permission to go there or something, which is why the ice is covering the map showing that they're the places likely to be attacked by Kyurem and the places you should avoid until you're skilled enough? :x Most likely reason for the ice to be hiding the region on three official maps imo.

Iceman3317
April 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Here's a high quality picture of the new map, from pokejungle.

I do wonder if the new areas have always been there or if they were recently constructed. The former is more probable.

Well remember. Driftvelm or what ever had a tunnel we could not get to in BW. My guess the new areas is what the were building.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
If you look at the map for B2/W2 you see that sky arrow bridge(Idc what its called) is half frozen over! Maybe this is the reason why you start in a new town. Maybe as a twist you find Kyurem there? Maybe The B/W Player bought Kyurem to their hometown to show Juniper and it turned into disaster?

Oh the Possibilities.

Cello
April 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Look at the map, and notice that there are clouds UNDER the ice? You can even see clouds poking out from some of the ice at the spots where the ice ends. It's clearly NOT on the land, as the clouds would be above the ice if this was so.

Good point, and i'm glad somebody brought that up.
Personally i'm pretty happy that half of Unova isn't frozen and the ice is just hiding further changes/placed to fit a theme like a couple of people have said.

Perhaps there will be a temporary story event with B/W Kyurem involving the land being frozen/snowed out further in the story much like with Groudon/Kyogre in R/S/E.

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Aw, I was really hoping it would be frozen in some parts.
But now that I look at it, everyone is right, I think they just put that there to hide most of the map.
I really do hope it's frozen, though. ;;

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Perhaps there will be a temporary story event with B/W Kyurem involving the land being frozen/snowed out further in the story much like with Groudon/Kyogre in R/S/E.
I could see this happening! Or perhaps parts of the region will have ice blocking out areas we shouldn't be able to get to until certain points in the game. Unless it's a little like Platinum, and patches around towns/cities/routes are frozen.

Cello
April 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Or perhaps parts of the region will have ice blocking out areas we shouldn't be able to get to until certain points in the game.

I could see that happening. It's not the first time it's happened in a Pokemon game. :P
I'm not too big a fan of hard locks in games, though. I wish for once GameFreak would let us sequence break so we could do things in a different order.
Wow, I just went way off track.

But yeah, didn't the Kyurem event in B/W have something to do with illusions?
Maybe he makes the world appear as if it's frozen at some point?
I'm not too clear on how that all happened in B/W though, as I put down the DS shortly after beating the game for some reason and never did the Kyurem event myself. ._.

deoxys121
April 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
In my opinion, the ice is just there to cover up part of the map that they don't want to reveal yet. First of all, the ice looks very unprofessionally placed. Just thrown over top of it in Photoshop. The edges of the ice just seem to end in random places, like the middle of Skyarrow Bridge (which would probably be collapsed if it was really frozen), and at the edge of the desert (which a very small portion of the ice overlaps on). Also, note how the ice is very translucent. You can see water, grass, sand, and even a few buildings underneath it, including Dragonspiral Tower, and if you look closely, you can kind of see Professor Juniper's lab. All this suggests to me that, rather than Unova being frozen over, the ice is doing no more than just concealing new features of Unova that have yet to be revealed.

April 15th, 2012, 11:49 AM
What could be under the ice that they'll have to hide it though...I'm excited to see what new things they may have added, maybe there's a new Battle frontier where the ice is placed over ^_^.

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
If there's anything GF is trying to hide under the ice, it's probably just the fact that there will be new/different locations. I don't know if it would really be based on importance. Hopefully though!

But however way, I wouldn't mind it just being a cover up or something to do within the game. The second option is a whole lot more interesting though.

April 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
It makes sense that the areas that are frozen over feature post game stuff, if I remember right they did so with HgSs' Kanto side. Maybe the hidden area has sites for legendary Pokemon such as the Sinnoh dragon trio like how Johto had the Tower for the Hoenn trio. If so than I expect it to be around Undella as that's near the Abysmal ruins which contain Arceus' plates.

deoxys121
April 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Take a look at the northwest corner of the map. When you look at it there, it's rather clear the the clouds actually go under the ice. If that's how it's gonna be frozen for the game itself, why would the clouds go under the ice? That seals my theory that there are just new areas that have yet to be revealed that are being hidden by the ice for the time being. In time, the entire map without the ice should hopefully be revealed. What I'm really curious about is what's under the ice northeast of Village Bridge. Take a look there.

porkcrapper
April 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
probably just going to be a "oh no the world is going to freeze over if you don't stop team plasmatica or whatever they're called."
hopefully it makes more sense than the BW story...
but the ice over the map on the screenshot doesn't look like it is actually part of the world somehow. if you look along the edges of the icy bits... :/

April 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I wish we had a clearer version of the map it's too blurry to see much, especially with the glare...

I sure hope they added something there, east Unova seemed empty to me in BW...

Oryx
April 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I wish we had a clearer version of the map it's too blurry to see much, especially with the glare...

I sure hope they added something there, east Unova seemed empty to me in BW...

You're welcome. I am betting they added a bunch more though.

EmbC
April 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I think Keldeo is going to help us breaking the ice and that Cryogonals and Kyurem froze that part of Unova. I guess we should look to the movie and understand the clues... if you know what I mean :)

Squeaker Ed
April 15th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'd bet that the ice is just covering that part of the map. Unova becoming half frozen in the time of two years (right?) seems entirely illogical, even in Pokemon logic.

I guess the question is that what is the ice covering. Maybe those areas of BW Unova have advanced/expanded since two years previous?

April 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM

You're welcome. I am betting they added a bunch more though.
Thanks ^_^
I do wonder why the Extralink is dry...(will we need to do missions to make the water rise?)
It does seem like there is something hidden under the clouds, specially in the northeast corner...

Oryx
April 15th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.

fireyboy345
April 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/fireyboy345/asdf.png
I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I find it interesting that the starter towns from last game are frozen over. After the game starts usually no one really cares about the starter towns, so to make them an important part of the game would be amazinggg.

I completely forget about that town that's just north of Nuvema. Maybe them giving that side of the map some attention (via Ice Age) will help me remember. It'd be cool if the freezing (if any at all) actually started around that area! Or maybe it started from the Giant Chasm, seeing as that was where Kyurem once lived.

Mew~
April 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
I thought we were clear on the map, it isn't frozen, it's just to cover the map up for a later reveal right?

Also, is that area in east Unova on the mountain the Abundant Shrine? It's sort of in the same place, or just slightly higher idk.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Well until it's confirmed, I'm still going to believe that it's frozen over on that side of the region. c':

And I don't think that's Abundant Shrine. If anything, I'm thinking it will be a small village near the shrine.

Cello
April 16th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!

I thought you were going to start with a most interesting man in the world statement.

Pretty interesting to see the changes side by side. I was too lazy to try and compare them. x]
I certainly hope the ice is just a cover-up, though according to serebii it actually isn't. However, if that's true and they do fit all of the new gyms into those new areas, I feel like this is going to be a relatively short game story-wise, not unless they choose to open the frozen areas up sometime during the game and not after.

I wonder how if there are any people still living in the frozen over areas? Kind of a scary thought.
Perhaps they're frozen as well?

Yikes.

Livewire_
April 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the ice is just there to tie in with the Kyurem theme, it isn't literally there. Just to cover up new areas and the like.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 16th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I hope it's just covering stuff up. Having those lands actually be completely iced over gives the whole game a post-apocalyptic feel, which I don't feel suits the Pokemon franchise. Besides, having less territory to explore isn't usually a good thing.

Iceman3317
April 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Now I wouldn't be at all surprised if the area where Kyreum was found is a Ice Castle or something instead of just a cave.

But I think everything else i just normal. Just hideing new things like other people have said.

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?

Clacla
April 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?

It would be interesting if you could go to the frozen areas, and its the towns underneath, but uninhabited other than Pokemon, or something.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
WHAT IF THERE WAS A TIME FREEZE???

Really, it would be funny if GameFreak used the ice to point out something else that may happen in the game (like a time freeze), and it doesn't actually have anything to do with being a cover up or being literally frozen. Maybe that part of the region has been frozen in time, and time doesn't pass at all, until things are fixed with Kyurem.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?
Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?

April 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
^ I agree, there must be something else going on with the map...they mentioned it was frozen for a reason in the magazine, if it was cover up that would be disappointing...then again they have hyped things before...

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?

Oh it definitely has a purpose or else they wouldn't allow our minds to travel so far and quickly about this. OR AT LEAST I HOPE SO.
But we'll never know for sure until they actually reveal what the heck it's all about.

April 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.

That's what I'm guessing. But I'm also guessing a lot of things about the ice. lol
Though, my main theory and I will stick with this until proven otherwise, is that the ice is actually in the game, not just ON the artwork to cover for something.

April 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM
^ I would like the ice to do both, being made by Kyurem as a shield away from Humans who may threaten it like Plasma did with the dragons. While at the same time there are new areas we can access after the ice starts to break.

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.

April 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.

That's what I thought too when I first saw the ice on the map. The ice being over the clouds could be symbolic of just how high up the barrier/walls are.

Esper
April 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM
If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?

My favorite town in the game and I actually missed that. Huh. Well that's exciting!
I'm wondering if yeah, maybe they did surface! I mean, it's been two years, a lot can happen, ruins can surface,e specially considering how many currents ran through that place.

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I'm actually curious where the Pokemon League would be. If my boundary theory is correct, it would stay in the same location. If not, I have a feeling it will be in that dried up circle area (Entralink was the name, iirc?)

Unknown Trainer
April 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM

I really like that you pointed out the differences of the maps there. As for me, in my opinion I think the ice is just a cover up. Although, maybe the reason for the cover up is because GF isn't done editing the map the whole way yet? :o
Think of it as a sneak peek for what they gave us now but they could TOTALLY change the east side of Unova in just 2 months.

April 16th, 2012, 05:22 PM

That actually makes sense as the sea level drops with the more ice there is like in the last ice age, so perhaps the drop in sea level caused by Kyurem's mini ice age is causing the ruins to rise forth again.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I'm actually starting to wonder, now that i go through my game again:
Maybe the new map is putting in some details the original map discluded? Like the ships in Castelia are pretty accurate when you consider events and whatnot. As for the islands right next to Undella, I semi-remember there being a few land masses AROUND the spot where you dove out in the water. The two islands to the southwest, wasn't one of those Liberty island? Weren't both accessible via event somehow? Plus the airplane on the runway I think IS Skyla's giant cargo plane.

April 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
^ That's true, I remember those things. Though the islands don't seem very noteworthy for them to add them just now...

apahllo
April 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
it would nice to have the other regions in this game after your done with the ice. its kind of sad that we have all this cool new stuff in the ds games but are so limited to where we can go...(aside from the g/s remakes) they could structure it to wear giovani would be like 60lvl or so and the elite 4 in kanto would be uber awesome. providing a serious end game challenge.

idk how the level structure would be for the other gyms outside of the region but a seriously improved game is long over due from gamefreak.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 06:58 PM
it would nice to have the other regions in this game after your done with the ice. its kind of sad that we have all this cool new stuff in the ds games but are so limited to where we can go...(aside from the g/s remakes) they could structure it to wear giovani would be like 60lvl or so and the elite 4 in kanto would be uber awesome. providing a serious end game challenge.

idk how the level structure would be for the other gyms outside of the region but a seriously improved game is long over due from gamefreak.

Idk, that would seem pretty ridiculous. I mean, in just a little over a year they make a game SO massive? No. Plus, the only other region people would want right now is Hoenn. Hoenn is great, my second favorite region, but it and Unova are in two completely different continents. Not only that, but they're both great games by themselves, and should stay that way. To put in another game that connects two regions together would be way too much like HG/SS, and I think that would create to much of an outrage for them, that they wouldn't be even close to willing to make a game like that.

P0kelegend
April 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I think if we do travel to another region it will be a very far away one, so any previous region could still be possible since Unova is said to be far away from all of them, and Looker did mention the fact N went to a faraway region. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to go and find N in that new region. On the B2W2 website it mentions the map as "One page of the map". Its odd that they would say that unless there is another page to it? Wouldn't they just say "The map" rather than "One page of the map". Its interesting.

Cello
April 16th, 2012, 10:55 PM
^It stated it was only one page of the map? That's very interesting. I'd like to know what they mean on that one.
I feel like the second page is just a melted Unova map. I personally just don't see us travelling elsewhere, but i'm down for anything.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 17th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I think if we do travel to another region it will be a very far away one, so any previous region could still be possible since Unova is said to be far away from all of them, and Looker did mention the fact N went to a faraway region. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to go and find N in that new region. On the B2W2 website it mentions the map as "One page of the map". Its odd that they would say that unless there is another page to it? Wouldn't they just say "The map" rather than "One page of the map". Its interesting.
It pretty much says "one frozen map". The paragraph refers to the relationship between the incidents happening in the two years of Isshu and the frozen map.

Anyway, discussion of further regions isn't relevant; it goes to this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274735).

scubame
April 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM
i think it may be just an ingame barrier to stop progress in the wrong direction like the snorlax was and gatehouses sometimes are.
but it does seem like just a cover as it is translucent so who knows?

...Gamefreak...

Iceman3317
April 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Well the new trailer of the game also has the ice on the map as well. I'm thinking it will just be a blizzard that we will have to stop by defeating/catching Kyreum. Both sides have good arguments. But I am gonna stick with it just being a massive blizzard we will have to stop. And yes they ar eputitng more details on the map because it is not the in game map. Remember Sinnoh and Hoenn has similar 3d maps just showing where everything is.

Forever
April 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Well the new trailer of the game also has the ice on the map as well. I'm thinking it will just be a blizzard that we will have to stop by defeating/catching Kyreum. Both sides have good arguments. But I am gonna stick with it just being a massive blizzard we will have to stop. And yes they ar eputitng more details on the map because it is not the in game map. Remember Sinnoh and Hoenn has similar 3d maps just showing where everything is.

Yeah possible it could indicate the weather itself, that'd be kinda weird/annoying though, half the region in snow/ice. >__> I'd much rather if it was all just iced rather than a blizzard. XD;

Kaori
April 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah possible it could indicate the weather itself, that'd be kinda weird/annoying though, half the region in snow/ice. >__> I'd much rather if it was all just iced rather than a blizzard. XD;
Agreed, though I'd want Unova to have more ice around the region. Platinum already had snow patches around Sinnoh.

Hikomi Yuuki
April 21st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Personally, I WOULD LOVE to have half of the region being frozen in -game.
Just to include a sense of mystery/danger surrounding Unova...
But anyway, I wonder what could lies under those poorly edited glacier under the map...

Lateon
April 22nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that the ice is just a cover to hide new places in development that they don't want to reveal yet, but my mind can't stop speculating on all the possibilities lol.

Combining a couple theories here, but what if the ice is a barrier around that side of Unova created by Kyurem? And then that side of the world is "frozen in time" for some reason? While unlikely, since there isn't really a time plot mentioned anywhere, it would add a nice twist to pokemon that hasn't really been there before.

bwburke94
April 25th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Combining a couple theories here, but what if the ice is a barrier around that side of Unova created by Kyurem? And then that side of the world is "frozen in time" for some reason? While unlikely, since there isn't really a time plot mentioned anywhere, it would add a nice twist to pokemon that hasn't really been there before.

The Shadow Triad did give you the creation trio orbs, and Dialga has been involved in such a plot before, but I don't see a non-Unova legendary playing a large role in the story.

Captain Fabio
April 26th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Having a 'Frozen World' aspect would be very interesting. The ice does look a bit odd, more that it is covering something up than being apart of the scenery, but the idea is cool and it would be cool to have it actually in place, instead of just a town.

giradialkia
April 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Can't remember if I posted here before, but I think there's nothing to this ice, at all. For one thing the way it's illustrated would suggest that that area of Unova is physically frozen in a block of ice, rather than the weather being colder. The ice is just there to cover up those areas so we won't see the changes until we're playing the game- that's it. Notice of covers basically every area that's inaccessible in BW until you beat the game? :) Just like when HGSS' Johto map, there were thick clouds covering the Battle Frontier, because they hadn't announced the Frontier at that stage.

Tl;Dr, the ice is just covering things, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Zayphora
April 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM
The Shadow Triad did give you the creation trio orbs, and Dialga has been involved in such a plot before, but I don't see a non-Unova legendary playing a large role in the story.

I can very much see GAME FREAK adding in a run-in with either the Creation Trio or Team Galactic themselves as an added post game sort of thing, but not as a main plot point. Team Galactic could think that the freeze was caused by the Creation Trio, and come to a certain area to investigate, and we could have a nice little side quest there. Hopefully involving a battle with Cyrus, because he's epic. But hopefully with non wimpy pokes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 27th, 2012, 06:46 AM
I hope this ice is just a method of concealment. Besides losing a good part of the region, ice means those annoying ice slide puzzles, which I don't like doing in ANY RPG.

Shiny Celebi
April 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I appears that the ice is just covering up part of Unova that they dont want us to see yet. The land is not actually frozen. Obviously something drastic has changed in Unova(it probably looks different)

Hikamaru
April 27th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I think the ice is to conceal certain places until the post-game. I don't think Unova has really been frozen over...

Kaori
April 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the ice is just a hint for something in the game, and it's just there for the looks. I mean we've already seen that side of the region before. Why would they hide it? Of course there's possible new places but I mean they've shown us the other half of Unova...

giradialkia
April 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the ice is just a hint for something in the game, and it's just there for the looks. I mean we've already seen that side of the region before. Why would they hide it? Of course there's possible new places but I mean they've shown us the other half of Unova...

Well yeah, I mean it's likely that they went with ice instead of clouds (as they have in the past), to go with the fact that the mascot Pokemon is Ice type.
But they're obviously hiding it because they've changed something about it. If you think about it, in BW you couldn't access Eastern Unova at all until after you'd beaten the League, but now that Kyurem is the mascot legendary it's almost certain we're going to be able to battle it before the League, meaning they've done SOMETHING with at least Giant Chasm to make it more suitable to the main story.
Also, there's always Undella Town, Black City/White Forest, it's highly likely the latter have been changed or something, so to keep us wondering they've covered it up. Although they may well just announce some of these things anyway, as they did with the Frontier in HGSS XD

wombateiro
April 27th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Imo the most sense would make ice boundary line created by Kyurem. Not frozen world, not blizzard, just boundary line separating Unova. In R/S/E in Rusturf Tunnel young couple is separated until player destroys boundary rocks. Similar thing could be done with ice boundary line. I think we'll be able to see people from other side trying to break ice boundary line with no success until Kyurem is caught by player.

April 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Or perhaps the ice will begin to dissolve as Kyurem senses it's hero getting closer, allowing it to battle, then the whole barrier will break into pieces.

wombateiro
April 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Or perhaps the ice will begin to dissolve as Kyurem senses it's hero getting closer, allowing it to battle, then the whole barrier will break into pieces.

There could be gate in ice barrier, something like that gate in movie trailer. It would be the only way to get to Kyurem. I think the gate would be leading to League or to Giant Chasm. In one of those places player would encounter Kyurem.

LordSalamence
May 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM
What's become of Abyssal ruins? It's hiding something, I'm sure of it.
And the Dragonspiral tower is reshiram/zekrom still there.Hope we're gonna see the hoenn legends cause its related somehow.

bwburke94
May 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
And the Dragonspiral tower is reshiram/zekrom still there.Hope we're gonna see the hoenn legends cause its related somehow.
I'm not sure how the Hoenn and Unova legends are related, other than the presence of an internal trio master. We're not coming up with anything, are we?...

Kaori
May 16th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.

I saw that! This pretty much confirms it for me. Whether or not it's true, I can still dream. ;;
But this is an exciting development. <3

Xander Olivieri
May 16th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I saw that! This pretty much confirms it for me. Whether or not it's true, I can still dream. ;;
But this is an exciting development. <3

Wasn't that part of the fight on the ship that Samurott froze?

Blue
May 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I'd assume that there are a couple of new Cities & Town beneath the ice which will be interesting to see as they are revealed, also I think after getting the second badge from the town we reach Driftveil city as they all seem to be relatively close to eachother which will then lead you to Castelia.. just my theory.

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wasn't that part of the fight on the ship that Samurott froze?

I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o

Xander Olivieri
May 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o

Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.

May 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I do think the region is frozen, as Samurrott would've frozen the boat in the trailer not the city. If so then I'm glad to see the icyness, it looks like an ice kingdom ^_^

Forever
May 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.

There's also the fact that there's a harbor nearby and idk if they'd skip that much in the trailer since it all seems to be close range, while on the actual map a harbor isn't that far away. :( soo yeah possibly.

Iceman3317
May 16th, 2012, 07:37 PM
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town

Nearsighted king of Ice
May 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Judging from the fact that the protagonists looks like they're wearing Summer clothes... and that the frozen world doesn't seem to be part of the map, I think the Ice is just to cover the spoilers

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!

Kaori
May 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town
Hmm, I dunno. Maybe we'll still be able to walk in the frozen areas, and only a few parts will be solid frozen and blocked. The male protagonist as seen in the trailer, is running in the areas (isn't he afraid of slipping?!) so it may be possible.
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!
I'm pretty sure it might have to do with the evil team organization and Black/White Kyurem.

Forever
May 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think we'll be able to walk over many frozen areas at all tbh. They've gotta seem off-limits so we don't rush straight over there. Maybe you need certain footwear or something for it? Though idk B/W didn't have that, so...

Or maybe they've gotten safer in the last 2 years.

May 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
^ It could be like the googles in Emerald's desert.
I kind of hope that we can slide on it though, it'll be nice puzzle to solve, BW sort of lacked the puzzles that Pt had...

Porynoir
June 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.

Xander Olivieri
June 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.

Moved to this thread to discuss "New" locations.

P0kelegend
June 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
A new 15 second trailer is on the official website, and it shows some sort of airship.
http://crystal.onigami.net/imagefiles/b2w22.png

Where is that area? Opelucid?

Zayphora
June 8th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Yeah, that's Opelucid. Look at the rounded tops of buildings.

THIS IS GOING TO BE EPICCCCC that thing looks really awesome. Excuse my blurting out of crazyness.

dylanchng
June 8th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, that's Opelucid. Look at the rounded tops of buildings.

THIS IS GOING TO BE EPICCCCC that thing looks really awesome. Excuse my blurting out of crazyness.

Is it really Opelucid?? Maybe it's somekind of a new city,as I've assume that Opelucid city is covered with ice.

June 8th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Perhaps the ice disfrosted or something seeing how Opelucid is proably one of the last towns, so by then I expect the ice would start to retreat.

Blue
June 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I didn't notice the tips of the buildings in that image but that certainly looks like Opelucid city to me, I can only assume that once a certain event has taken place i.e the capturing of Kyurem then the frost will thaw thus allowing you to proceed to the frozen cities making your way to the Elite Four.

Xander Olivieri
June 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Pokejungle posted new rumors that surfaced and according to what they say only 1 City is frozen. Not half the region. That could be the city from the trailer, and now I'm curious as to which city it is. Maybe the Black City/White Forest got replaced with some frozen city.

Zayphora
June 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Maybe the city is Lacunosa or whatever that town is that everyone goes inside at night.

Hikamaru
June 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing Lacunosa is frozen over.

June 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.

MrGriszell
June 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Considering that they haven't revealed all of Unova's map unlike they did with BW around this time my guess is that the region really is frozen over...either that or GF is trying to avoid spoilers.

I think GF is trying to avoid spoilers. And the fact that it comes out in 2 weeks and we dont have a great amount of info yet shows how good a job there doing.
( of course that may be spoiled with corocoro leaks this week)

June 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Well when you combine the animated trailer having ice with the fact that the whole region's map has yet to be revealed makes it seem as if the ice is really there though. Hmm, I wish the wording they used for the map wasn't so easy to bend one way or the other.

Pokejungle took it down already, but they posted that just "one" city is frozen, not the entire map. Considering that Shizui is going to be in Undella as he was shown to be on the eastern coast of Unova in Best Wishes two preview and that his location does meet a lot of local location based on the images we received, then Undella most likely isn't frozen, the changes to it were just hidden to prevent spoilers.

June 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
If Pokejungle took it down then most likely it was a rumor...though you have a point with Shizui's city, unless it's after the Kyurem event.

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
That would pretty much make Shizui the last Gym then seeing as the last major event usually happens right before the final Gym with the traditional games.

There was a rumor that you meet Kyurem in the same place as the original B/W game too so that would mean that you'd have to be able to go through the Ice Barrier to get to Lancousa Town if true.

June 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hmm, well they show Ghetsis with Kyurem so that's either a false rumor or Kyurem allows us near it (like in BW when it teleported the player to it's location) and Ghetsis captures it.

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Or you meet it near Lancousa town like that cave you find it in originally and the region isn't frozen.

June 11th, 2012, 03:44 PM
They show part of the region frozen in the trailer though...uh so confusing...

Xander Olivieri
June 11th, 2012, 04:28 PM
They only show one city frozen, which the rumor said that there was only one city frozen. That could be before or after the meeting with Ghetsis and Kyurem.

June 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.

Xander Olivieri
June 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I think there's more than one town, proably the three with replaced gym leaders and Nuvema town are also going to be frozen. The one in the trailer is proably one or those four.

We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.

rocky505
June 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
We know Cheren and Homika don't replace the older Gyms as they are in the cities before you get back onto old Unova. Shizui's gym is in some tropical beach looking area which is only around Undella, so Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccurus don't have new Gyms.
Now they'll just be a restaurant, a museum and some random cave(which seems to be closed off if you look hard enough in the area on the map)

June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM

I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...

Xander Olivieri
June 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I didn't mean replace them in the old cities but replace them within new cities because the old ones were frozen over...

There was only 1 city that's frozen though. Only one in the trailer and from the rumor source that has been pretty much leading all of the current released.

We'll have to wait 7 more days to find out if any cities are even frozen, but as far as I know and have seen there is only 1 frozen city.

June 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Well there was the irk with the BW Kami's not being able to change in B2W2 which was later proven wrong. I guess you're right though, we will know in weeks time. The ice will hopefully melt if there is any later.

Xander Olivieri
June 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Well, they released an In-Game map in the newest Magazine from Japan

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii166/Justiscruzade/mapupdate.png

The Pink stuff was me highlighting some of the new changes in B2W2.

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.

Forever
June 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM

First thing I wanna point out is the two Pink Circles connected by the Pink line. On the actual map, those circles are connected by a faint dotted line. For me that is one of the possible locations for that under water tunnel. The other possible location is the Pink circle near Undella where the Route line goes out into the ocean.

The Mountain with the Airplane from the large map is a selectable location as well. I have no idea what's going to be there. There is a small spot that looks like its in the mountains...I'm thinking that's a new E4 Route and Castle. I dunno why I think that but it just seems like that to me.

Do want to point out the lack of Ice which I believe confirms that the region isn't frozen (except for Chargestone Cave and Mistralon Cave cause they still look bluer in the game map)

Also just noticed there is another dotted line that goes from Driftvell to Iccirus. Those dotted lines can very well be underground routes.

I am curious as to what happened to Abyssal Ruins now seeing as the new Route over the water is right over where the Ruins should have been and I don't see a green blip to signify a dungeon/cave thing for it.

Maybe the ruins are still there but the only way to access it is to mine down? I dunno, but there might be another way to get to the ruins, even through an underwater tunnel.

Also I like the idea of that being the new e4. Sounds p awesome of a location @ mountain.

TheChaosBlue
June 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM

I agree; and it'll make sense to have the E4 and Pokemon League there anyway. Looks like the beginning play-through has you go through Opelucid City for the apparent 8th badge, then through Lacunosa and Undella, then those new routes. Essentially...the path to the Pokemon League Championship is longer. Yet, I feel something more important happens in Lacunosa Town now.....

Forever
June 19th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Ooh just saw about taking a boat to Castelia. Very disappointing, I wanted to use the underwater tunnel, weird uh, this is about the region as a whole now, right...?

oui, thisthread started about the ice and then QUICKLY changed to the region as a whole

This map is weeeeiiiiiiird. Like legit, yo. Cool! But omg this navigation is ridiculous. This is gonna be straight up crazy, yo.
I am glad to see a lot of noticeable route chains when it comes to previous locations, though, especially over by Undella Bay.

Aquarius1997
June 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM
The Dengenki scans has released the full Unova map

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Avz57-rCQAEC3-Q.jpg_large.jpeg

The map is NOT frozen over (YEAH) and it has some new areas

(One of PCs members Xander0 had a enlarged version if someone can get it that would be welcome)

DISCUSS!!!!!!!

Perrie ✿
June 20th, 2012, 04:37 AM
It looks... interesting? Although I prefer to the one with the frozen areas because it's more detailed. Basically I like the official map, not the in-game one. At least it tells us how many new towns & areas there are.

Aquarius1997
June 20th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Yeah they made the frozen unova map to deter most people so they couldnt put obvious blips where the towns where because that wouldnt have a detering map where fans can make speculation

Edit-MADE IT OVER >100 POSTS YEAAAH!!!!!!!

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 04:56 AM
In the northeast corner, we have an entirely new path to the E4.
Also, it seems that little place on the mountain is a town/city as well.

This new map seems a bit crowded to me, but in contrary, in looks a lot less linear to go through. I like this new map, minus it being slightly crowded.

bobandbill
June 20th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Looks like we might know where the underground tunnel is from that, unless that's for a boat trip. I'm leaning to the former though. Looks like the way to the E4 place (maybe?) has changed too.

Aquarius1997
June 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
PokejuNgle says that the trip from Virbank city to Castelia is by boat

We still dont know for sure where the underwater tunnel its most likely the route closest to undella town

MiTjA
June 20th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Does no one else remember standing in front of the damn tunnel in Driftveil wondering why its even there?
*facepalm*
I mean open your DS and go to Driftveil wtf. lol

Didnt expect it to go all the way to Castelia though. AAAnd it seems to go further north towards Twist mountain...o_O

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I was thinking that awkward entrance building thing in Driftveil could be an entrance to the underwater tunnel, because of it's proximity to the water.

June 20th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Yay full map ^-^. But what became of the old route to the E4...and does this mean we have a new victory road (prays it's harder than the old one).

Hikamaru
June 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I love this new map.

Guess the ice was only for covering spoilers and not an actual feature in-game.

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I love this new map.

Guess the ice was only for covering spoilers and not an actual feature in-game.

I would have hated it if they had really actually covered all that area in ice, because that actually cut off like half of the Unova region.

Draconicsoul
June 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Goodness, look at all these new Routes and locations. I can't wait to see the new Cities/Towns! We've got... *counts* 19 large locations, approximately 25+ roads, and a whole bunch of sub-locations (like the Desert Resort, the smaller dots on the map.)

I say Roads because I can't tell which ones are going to be routes and which are locations like Pinwheel Forest.

MiTjA
June 20th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Yay full map ^-^. But what became of the old route to the E4...and does this mean we have a new victory road (prays it's harder than the old one).

Well its still on the same hill right?
Its surely gonna be different (since the dot is on the other side already), but maybe it'll be similar visually. I mean, like the cliff thing again, but more from a sideview.

June 20th, 2012, 06:58 AM
It looks like they made a different route for giant chasm as that dot seems to connect with one of the new routes...

giradialkia
June 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Ahhhhhhhh, this is VERY interesting. The road to the Pokemon League has been changed, so it's going to be necessary to go through Undella Town/Giant Chasm, so this probably means a new, even more difficult (hopefully) Victory Road. I am very excited about this :D

The new route formation could also mean we'll get Kyurem before the Pokemon League. (Which may have seemed obvious, though it doesn't seem safe to assume anything about the fifth generation, lol).

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
The Dengenki scans has released the full Unova map

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Avz57-rCQAEC3-Q.jpg_large.jpeg

The map is NOT frozen over (YEAH) and it has some new areas

(One of PCs members Xander0 had a enlarged version if someone can get it that would be welcome)

DISCUSS!!!!!!!

I had already started a discussion on the Game map in this thread so I merged your thread and changed the name of the Thread. Below is my original post for the new map as well that highlights some of the changes I saw.

June 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I wonder what's with the abysmal ruins as well... also why the deter route, is it possible that one of the paths might be closed? I think that the Pacidlog like place might be there but than again there seems to be no dot to signify that...

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
The Pacifilodge place is Undella. Its in the same location that Undella was on the Anime styled map.

June 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Wow if that's Undella that's one of the biggest changes I've seen so far between the two years...
There seems to be a cave on the route north of Undella which makes me think that the northern town might be Shizui's beach city.

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I also now noticed there is a small land route going north from undella town to the town on the route to the supposed new E4. The small land route also has a green dot, so my question is: What do you think it is?

I think it could be the cave we saw a few days ago. In White 2, lava could be flowing up from the ground, while in Black 2, a small underground river could flow from the ocean to the cave.

June 20th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I also now noticed there is a small land route going north from undella town to the town on the route to the supposed new E4. The small land route also has a green dot, so my question is: What do you think it is?

I think it could be the cave we saw a few days ago. In White 2, lava could be flowing up from the ground, while in Black 2, a small underground river could flow from the ocean to the cave.

I think the cave is the one that leads to the town we saw Shizui, it's possible it might actually be the magma/water caves. If that isn't the cave my guess is it's the underground tunnel ( magma flow vs. ground water tunnels).

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
After going over the old and new maps, the pink circle at the top of the map I posted IS the E4 Castle thing. Its in exactly the same spot, you are just taking a new route.

There are 2 routes that lead to the new area, both from Undella Bay, one through the water (Could be the water tunnel) and the other goes from Undella bay to a Green Blip (most likely the new caves) to the a new town.

The Green Blip between the Unova E4 castle and Victory Road and the new town is possibly Giant Chasm as its in the same location as Giant Chasm in the old map.

Haven't seen anything else between the two maps though.

June 20th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I find it interesting that in between Castelia and Nimbasa that there's a brown circle could this mean that the ruins form some sort of mini city?

Mew~
June 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
It's more between Route 4 than in the Desert Resort, but there probably could have been some ruins dug up there. It probably has something to do with the Mass Construction that was going on in the area in B/W though, like the unfinished road, etc.

I have a feeling that the Route on the sea connected to Undella Town rather than the Route connecting through the land will be travelled through the Ship the player and the River, and Shizui were by in one of the scans, that town at the end of it could most likely be that Pacifidlog looking town. :3

June 20th, 2012, 05:57 PM
^ That's what I think it is, those ruins sort of looked like buildings people might've lived.

Right, forgot about the ship and here I thought that route was just made for the sake of having a sea route...

TheChaosBlue
June 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Here's a slighly better version of the map, taken in-game. Curtesy of Serebii and from Japanese message boards 2ch. Seemingly some of its members have their hands on the games so....

http://www.serebii.net/clearmap.jpg

June 20th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have any idea what that dot inside castelia might be? Is it perhaps the World tournament arena?

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Since its on the dock I'm gunna say no as the World Tournament would most likely be in the city and not receive a "dungeon" marker like that. Could be an underwater tunnel entrance.

June 20th, 2012, 10:31 PM
^ True the dot does connect to the 'tunnel' path. Though I do wonder why there's a dot in between the tunnel by the coast of the desert, one would guess it'll go the rest of the way unless there's something of interest like a dungeon, or cave...

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 08:21 AM
There is a new area in Castelia City:

17:00; Wild Eevee can be found within Castelia City. This is done in a small park area. The area also houses Buneary, Rattata, Pidove, Cottonee and Petilil.

It seems nice to have a small area like that to catch pokemon within Castelia.

16:46; There's a building called the "Strange House". It's unusually empty
16:56; New Town; Yamaji Town (ヤマジタウン)

There is two new places revealed in Unova, one's a town, and the other's a house.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Serebii said unova is frozen over in some laces i think the place are from the skyarrow bridge all the way to nubema town
Where do you think they are

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
There is a new area in Castelia City:

17:00; Wild Eevee can be found within Castelia City. This is done in a small park area. The area also houses Buneary, Rattata, Pidove, Cottonee and Petilil.

It seems nice to have a small area like that to catch pokemon within Castelia.

16:46; There's a building called the "Strange House". It's unusually empty
16:56; New Town; Yamaji Town (ヤマジタウン)

There is two new places revealed in Unova, one's a town, and the other's a house.

Strange House.....sounds like some sort of event location or daily occurrence.

And yes, there's a screenshot of a frozen Unova...maybe that's post game in Southeastern Unova. It also looks deserted in whatever city/town in that same screenshot as well.

June 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
So that dot in Castelia must have been the sewer.
I wonder what's the strange house for...maybe an event? Darkrai?

bwburke94
June 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Strange House isn't confirmed for Darkrai yet, despite the appearance of Cresselia. Remember, we just had a Darkrai event.

Xander Olivieri
June 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Download Events and In Game events are two separate things. We can still have Darkrai confirmed later on in the B2W2 games as an event like Cresselia. The Strange house could be for Darkrai like some of us think.

I don't think there is any place better than that one unless the house is full of Ghost Pokemon like the Mansion in D/P/Pt. There is defiantly an event that happens there.

Maybe a buy-able house like in Platinum or a new Trick house like in R/S/E?

June 21st, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm guessing Darkrai because he was in that strange Hotel in DPPt this so matches him.

Also I'm loving the frozen city's look. Has it been revealed if the ice is gone post game?

Xander Olivieri
June 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm guessing Darkrai because he was in that strange Hotel in DPPt this so matches him.

Also I'm loving the frozen city's look. Has it been revealed if the ice is gone post game?

I think thy said that the Ice doesn't appear until you get to the Kyurem Part of the story and then it disappears once Kyurem part is finished. The Ice blocks some routes and stuff so its possibly just a small part.

June 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
During the Kyurem part, than that means would mean Virizion is pretty late in game as it's was by ice...
Well glad to hear that new areas will proably be open after the ice melts.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 11:41 AM
I take back my thoughts of southeastern part of unova being frozen over
Serebii just posted that lenora would revive fossils for you so most likely the only frozen part is the areas close to kyurem

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Notice what looks like a fly-able dot between Castelia and Nimbasa...? Wonder what that is?

June 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Notice what looks like a fly-able dot between Castelia and Nimbasa...? Wonder what that is?

I beleive those are the ruins the construction people were working on in BW.

KingDrapion
June 21st, 2012, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know what the Black Skyscraper is? I'm guessing that it is like another battle tower. Also, I think that Alder's grandson will be the final battler, and he will have Alder's theme playing for him. According to Pokebeach, his name in Japanese is Banjirou and his team is: Level 80 Latios, Level 80 Garchomp, and Level 80 Volcarona. In challenge mode, his pokemon levels are 85
Here's an Image, looks pretty crazy to me:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/KingDrapion/panjirou.jpg
Banjirou gives you a Gible after you defeat him.
Oh, and trainers in this skyscraper may have legendary pokemon as you can see here:
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/KingDrapion/entei.jpg Thanks to Pokebeach for this image!

curiousnathan
June 22nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
He looks, reeeally crazy to me, I agree. That..hair..that face, it screams childish and Alder all at the same time. Another interesting feature, looking forward to finding more out about this as we get closer to the release date.

June 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM
I think it's just a battle thing like in Castelia with the Janitor boss guy. It appears we get a Gible as an award.
His team is insane 0_o. Latios at 80?

KingDrapion
June 22nd, 2012, 12:13 AM
I think it's just a battle thing like in Castelia with the Janitor boss guy. It appears we get a Gible as an award.
His team is insane 0_o. Latios at 80?

Ahaha, normal trainers are starting to use Legendary pokemon in their teams. We'll be able to find out more about this Skyscraper when the game is released.

June 22nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Well he's not really a normal guy seeing how he's the grandson of the old Isshu Champ. The tournament might be like the Rich family battle but with tougher trainers.

KingDrapion
June 22nd, 2012, 12:25 AM
Well he's not really a normal guy seeing how he's the grandson of the old Isshu Champ. The tournament might be like the Rich family battle but with tougher trainers.

Well, legendary pokemon aren't used by any trainers really, but in the Battle tower in previous games trainers do use legendaries. So ye this is why I think the skyscraper is very similar to the battle tower.

KingDrapion
June 22nd, 2012, 12:28 AM
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/KingDrapion/strange-house.jpg
The stranger house as it is called, is a house in the game that is empty. Do you think that it will be of importance? What do you think it is for?

Perrie ✿
June 22nd, 2012, 12:46 AM
If you stand on a certain spot you're taken away. The place you are taken contains the Lunar Wing. The house is located on Marvelous Bridge, the place where you find Cresselia.

KingDrapion
June 22nd, 2012, 12:48 AM
If you stand on a certain spot you're taken away. The place you are taken contains the Lunar Wing. The house is located on Marvelous Bridge, the place where you find Cresselia.

Thanks for the Info, so is that pretty much what the house is for?

Vsjester13
June 22nd, 2012, 01:03 AM
I would have thought this place had to do with Rotom or something

bobandbill
June 22nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Merging the threads about specific locations (skyscraper and stranger house) with this thread which has already been used to discuss locations in Unova in B2W2.

Aquarius1997
June 22nd, 2012, 04:14 AM
It probably wont have Darkrai now since the house was designed for ramdomly finding the lunar wing, but it wouldnt be right to have cresselia not darkrai

Perrie ✿
June 22nd, 2012, 04:16 AM
I'm guessing Black Skyscraper is the games version of the battle tower? With a few changes obviously. It's going to be hard, especially with them carrying legends! ):

yes@Eevee being available I KNOW WHO'S BEING ADDED TO MY TEAM :33

Mew~
June 22nd, 2012, 04:39 AM
I don't think so, I think the World Tournament is more along the Battle Tower lines.

According the news, the Black Skyscraper and White Woodland are placed in Black City and White Forest respectively. I think each area is just a generic area filled with trainers, sort of like a Gym, where you fight the trainers to get the Leader (Banjirou) seeing as that Entei was at Lv 77, if it were along the lines of the Battle Tower I don't think the levels would be at such odd numbers.

Perrie ✿
June 22nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
I don't think so, I think the World Tournament is more along the Battle Tower lines.

According the news, the Black Skyscraper and White Woodland are placed in Black City and White Forest respectively. I think each area is just a generic area filled with trainers, sort of like a Gym, where you fight the trainers to get the Leader (Banjirou) seeing as that Entei was at Lv 77, if it were along the lines of the Battle Tower I don't think the levels would be at such odd numbers.

I meant in terms of fighting a load of trainers in a row for a reward. Plus it's not clear yet if after a loss you end up back at the start.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
It appears that the Abyss ruins appear once more with the same function as before, holding expensive items.

Aquarius1997
June 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
from Serebii18:04; North-eastmost city is Seigaiha City and is connected to Undella via the Marine Tube. There's also a cave called Rebirth Mountain

It seems like a new town is connected to undella and a new mountain

June 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
^ That's the town north of Undella I beleive. Seems like a much more complex map which good because the old map was too liner...

Perrie ✿
June 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
After Mistralton city you fly to Yamaji town. And go through a new mountain called 'Rebirth Mountain'. You go through it with Bianca who battles with Musharna. This is the place where she mentions Heatran. You exit into Undella Town.

June 22nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
The reason parts of Unova are frozen over is due to Plasma using a cannon on Opelucid, freezing the surrouding area.
Rebirth mountain is a strange name for a place Heatran is found...would've gone better with something like Ho-oh.

Perrie ✿
June 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
The reason parts of Unova are frozen over is due to Plasma using a cannon on Opelucid, freezing the surrouding area.
Rebirth mountain is a strange name for a place Heatran is found...would've gone better with something like Ho-oh.

Ikr? If Cresselia and Heatran are version exclusives, then this mountain could be the place where they have the version exclusive area of lava and water. Then depending on what version Heatran appears in, the lava will also be in.

June 22nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I never really made the connection between the lava and Heatran until you pointed that out. But Cressilia is found on a bridge not a water cave (kind of ruins the version exclusiveness of it all).
Are there any areas on the map that have yet to be revealed (besides where the heck Uxie, and the regis are).

Perrie ✿
June 23rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
I never really made the connection between the lava and Heatran until you pointed that out. But Cressilia is found on a bridge not a water cave (kind of ruins the version exclusiveness of it all).
Are there any areas on the map that have yet to be revealed (besides where the heck Uxie, and the regis are).

Regigigas' location hasn't been revealed but Uxie is found outside Nacrene Museum.

Victory road this time around is actually N's old castle apparently. It is unknown if any Pokemon are found here. Once you're outside your back in the mountainous area. I think it's better to have this Victory road than the other one which was a giant ugly maze.

June 23rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
^ That seems like a right way to put it, the old path was all old and barren. Also we finally know what became of the castle after the battle.

Perrie ✿
June 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
I wonder if any Pokemon have inhabited it though. Or is it just N and his dragon? And I'm not sure if the castle is the new Victory Road or just something you go through before getting to it.

Xander Olivieri
June 23rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Its bits and pieces. The remains of N's castle are part of the Victory Road. This was confirmed on Serebii as he played through.

June 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Wonder if it's just an empty area of the Victory road...if so than it doesn't seem like it'll be any harder than BW...we're practically just walking into the Pokemon league...

Mew~
June 23rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
I do quite like the idea, love it infact. It does give a nice sense that these are following on from the previous story. It's a little funny how N's castle just erupted from the ground and they didn't bothing taking it down though. :L

I'm sure there may be some trainers that have wondered in though, since if it is infact renamed 'Victory Road' there would be other trainers preparing to challenge it too.

June 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
My guess is trainer are proably all in the portion after the castle...kind of gives one a false sense of safety as there's proably no one found for the first part.

Perrie ✿
June 24th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Black Skyscraper isn't like the battle tower anymore. ): I've come to that conclusion. It's more like Mt. Battle from Colosseum + XD GoD. It has floor bosses or something along the lines. And there's a place called the Nature Sanctuary. It's like the Safari Zone of the game. And it houses many Pokemon not in the Unova Dex. It also houses a shiny level 60 Haxorus.

June 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Where could the sanctuary be? I have two guesses, either somewhere in Africa, or Yellow stone national park (this one due to the looks of it and being in America)

Jellicent♀
June 24th, 2012, 11:39 AM
It has also been confirmed that Hidden burrows are located all over Unova. This is the spot where you will find the scripted Mincinno with it's Hidden Ability. However, not all contain Pokemon, as other contain items. It could be the same exact spot on two different White 2 games, however there is no guarantee that the Burrow will contain a Pokemon.

From Serebii:
There are Hidden Burrows all across the region. However, other than Minccino, it seems their contents are random. For example, a friend found a Foongus in one where I found a PokéBall

This is pretty interesting, though!

June 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Are the burrows set locations than but simply containing different things?
How are they acessed anyways?

Jellicent♀
June 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Are the burrows set locations than but simply containing different things?
How are they acessed anyways?

From what I gather, you just walk into them, and they each have a set location.
Hidden Burrows so far have been found on Route 4, Route 5, and Route 6.

June 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Well that sounds like it'll shock someone who didn't expect it xD
What do Aqua and Magma caves hold? Or has no one decided to explore them yet?

Altairis
June 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
When I looked at it I always was confused because it looked like it was just on top of the map and not actually on the land, but I wasn't sure if the land was actually frozen like that and Gamefreak was too lazy to actually make another map or if it was just covering up parts of the land and saying they were unaccessible. But in that movie trailer thing the town became frozen, but either way it's on the map so it must be part of the game, also with Kyurem being a part of the games somehow with its new forms and Kyurem being Ice type, I hope it'll have something to do with it being frozen.