PDA

View Full Version : B2/W2: Team Plasma Discussion Thread

miltankRancher
April 12th, 2012, 05:41 AM
So, what do you think will be Team Plasma's role in B2/W2? Do you think they will even play a part at all? Also, if you do think they will, what of N?

Discuss.

IcyIce
April 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
This is what I am guessing. I am going to say Ghestis or whatever his name was will return and force Kyurem to freeze half of Unova. My guess depending on which game you get. You will have to capture Reshiram or Zekrom again. And N will return to help you fight after he finaly sees why pokemon and humans are suppose to be together and stop the people who use pokemon for evil.

Blue
April 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Either they will return OR there will be a new villainous team under a new leader that is yet to be revealed.

TheChaosBlue
April 12th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I believe Ghetsis will return, possbily with a new team. I doubt Team Plasma will come back, but N might come back, after realizing the meaning of connectivitty between Pokemon and humans and will help in stoping him.

....Son v. Father conflict perhaps?

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking (and hoping) that they will reassemble and bring some real pain! Maybe build a team that can actually hinder trainers a bit.

Xander Olivieri
April 12th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I can see the new Professor reassembling Plasma. He just screams bad guy now.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I can see the new Professor reassembling Plasma. He just screams bad guy now.

Basically, lol. :x He doesn't look like the kind of guy that'll stop Plasma. Either that, or Plasma won't exist at all. I wouldn't mind a new villainous team after 2 years tbh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 12th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Basically, lol. :x He doesn't look like the kind of guy that'll stop Plasma. Either that, or Plasma won't exist at all. I wouldn't mind a new villainous team after 2 years tbh.
Maybe they will do something like they did with Orre, and make a new evil team that rose or developed from Plasma's ideas.

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I can't see Plasma coming back in any capacity like they did last game, because the whole point of them was the twist at the end. The twist is done so they can't reassemble pretty much.

What if N returned and reassembled Team Plasma on the side of good? Without Ghetsis leading them to be hypocrites and bad people to take over the world, their ideals would be really useful and N would be perfect to lead them.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Well tbh it could be like half of Plasma, the side that might've stuck around? I know some guys felt really bad after N's castle in regards to befriending Pokemon, so if a few of them got together!

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Maybe an epic Plasma v. Plasma battle! Half led by N and half led by Ghetsis, N trying to get revenge/closure on his entire life being a sham pretty much and Ghetsis trying to regain control over the team and start over.

April 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Well they could also continue with the expy of GS and make Neo Plasma.

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Actually after two years, Ghetsis and N could made plans of their own and would reassemble the Team Plasma members. To go along with Toujours' idea, certain members would follow Ghetsis and the other half would go to N.
Maybe an epic Plasma v. Plasma battle! Half led by N and half led by Ghetsis, N trying to get revenge/closure on his entire life being a sham pretty much and Ghetsis trying to regain control over the team and start over.
This would be amazing. I could actually see this happening, and I hope GameFreak decides to do something like it.

N and Ghetsis rivalry. Sweet smell of revenge and control. Plus, something has to relate to the legendary mascots. Perhaps Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's history includes bad rivalry between the two; it would make sense to go back to my older idea - Ghetsis would take over one of the mascots and N given the other, and there would be this huge fight.

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Actually after two years, Ghetsis and N could made plans of their own and would reassemble the Team Plasma members. To go along with Toujours' idea, certain members would follow Ghetsis and the other half would go to N.

Well there's also the scientist, who could form his own group too, so you could have like, N's Angels, Ghetsis' Plasma and Scientists' (forgot his name) Labrats! Or something like that, have three opposing groups in Unova, with Plasma being the initial force you see, or the "later" one, that captures Kyurem or something.

IcyIce
April 13th, 2012, 03:49 AM
What about Ghetsis having both Kyurems and then N and the trainer useing Reshiarm and Zekrom to take him down? Or my Ghetsis and the new scientist team up. And then N and the trainer teaming up to stop them.

AffieLockhart
April 13th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I think you will have to search for Ghetsis (who went into hiding) and along the way you fight The Shadow Triads who give you clues to where he is hatching his new evil schemes, and something about that new scientist makes me think of Team Galactic's Charon, so maybe he could be the first of Ghetsis' new Sages?

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I'm not a fan of the idea of the evil team having both of the legendaries. I like catching one to use ingame, it just seems...right to me and I wouldn't like if you had to fight both of them lol.

Twiggy
April 13th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I have a feeling that Team Plasma might be temporarily absent, at least for the first half of the game.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 06:58 AM
I have a feeling that Team Plasma might be temporarily absent, at least for the first half of the game.

What makes you think that?

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Well it'd make sense, since I don't feel like Ghetsis (or another leader?) will be preaching his message immediately to western Unova. :x Perhaps like he could have a new cover-up story early on but I sorta doubt it.

Noah Ridgewood
April 13th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Other than the shadow triad (since they've sworn to be loyal to him), I don't think I can really see anyone from Plasma sticking with Ghetsis. We can gather that a majority of them were part of Team Plasma because they were either intimidated into it, or because they were moved by one of Ghetsis's speeches on Pokémon liberation and agreed with the cause. I'd assume they'd find out that Ghetsis's motives were entirely selfish and had nothing to do with liberating them considering what happened with Team Rocket's downfall and how it spread cross-regions.

mystletainn
April 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I'm hoping mainly just for cameos and not a major role in the storyline. I'm not entirely sure Kyurem is being motivated by an evil team and might be acting out on its own. I'm sure there will be an evil team in some capacity but I think their work will be going on at the same time as Kyurem's plan.

TheChaosBlue
April 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Other than the shadow triad (since they've sworn to be loyal to him), I don't think I can really see anyone from Plasma sticking with Ghetsis. We can gather that a majority of them were part of Team Plasma because they were either intimidated into it, or because they were moved by one of Ghetsis's speeches on Pokémon liberation and agreed with the cause. I'd assume they'd find out that Ghetsis's motives were entirely selfish and had nothing to do with liberating them considering what happened with Team Rocket's downfall and how it spread cross-regions.

I agree with this. Most of Team Plasma were loyal to N more than Ghetsis and the Seven Sages, dispite them being more higher up in authority (with N being the leader of course). And since the original BW saw the Triad following Ghetsis and all four currently on the run, the rest of the Sages locked up, and most of the grunts disbanded, I highly doubt Team Plasma as a whole will be making a grand return.

Noah Ridgewood
April 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
It would be wonderful if Ghetsis returned with the Shadow Triad (and maybe even some sages) and instead of an evil organization that has to be dealt with, we'd have to deal with just a few members of the broken Plasma team.

Blue
April 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think with every Pokémon game there must be an evil team so if there is no Team Plasma then surely another will return/be introduced.

SnowpointQuincy
April 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I see N coming back at the very end of the game leading his own team to fight the villains in a moment similar to the Gym Leaders fighting the 7 sages. N would have a small part, but it would be sweet.

as for who the villains would be?
a band of diglet thieves known as The Band of Diglet Thieves! ... ?

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I really want N to take a huge part in these sequels. After all, GameFreak pretty much left us at a cliffhanger at the end of B/W. We need a final answer and these games should give us that. N is pretty epic anyway! All I need to see is Team Plasma, N, and Ghetsis's last plans and actions all foil within these games. It's like a book. You just can't end one with a climax and give the main conflicts a small role in the sequel.

Kleinchen
April 13th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I could def see N coming back as an ally to the player character, and Ghetsis returning as well, creating factions between the remains of Team Plasma. I really like the idea of a struggle and showdown between N and Ghetsis!

RedJ
April 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'm going to agree with the possibility of a split Plasma. As for the only the Shadow Triad being loyal to him thing, keep in mind that it's been two years and Ghetsis could have easily gained more followers.

The supposed evil!Professor, for starters

Shiny Celebi
April 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I can see N trying to take down Team Plasma in B2/W2 with the player's help. I also think Akuroma is evil and may be connected to Team Plasma in some way.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm going to agree with the possibility of a split Plasma. As for the only the Shadow Triad being loyal to him thing, keep in mind that it's been two years and Ghetsis could have easily gained more followers.

The supposed evil!Professor, for starters

Or people from whatever region he ran off to, that was so far away that they didn't get news of his escape so had no reason not to trust his words.

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
You know, I was thinking about it and N seems like a pretty believable guy. Team Plasma did get people of Unova to think about their Pokémon, so what if (to give people a new villainous team as mentioned), N got a hold of people to join his side in whatever he believes in now, as well as revenge against Ghetsis? Team Plasma seems more connected with Ghetsis too, so they could be on his side. I think that would be a fair situation as well.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
But would revenge on the villain in the previous game be really "villainous"?

Although they could teach a lesson with that, in that revenge is wrong even if the person is terrible and stuff, if they chose to get really deep about it. But considering the twist at the end of B/W I feel like they're not ready for deep lessons just yet.

Edit: or you do mean Ghetsis is still the villain I'm confused :(

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM
But would revenge on the villain in the previous game be really "villainous"?

Although they could teach a lesson with that, in that revenge is wrong even if the person is terrible and stuff, if they chose to get really deep about it. But considering the twist at the end of B/W I feel like they're not ready for deep lessons just yet.

Edit: or you do mean Ghetsis is still the villain I'm confused :(
As in - Ghetsis still wants to control over Unova and plans to get N on his side once more. He would even hope to get N's team members to join, creating one villainous group. It's hard to say what I want N to do in this situation though. :( N would be the ally, though.

IcyIce
April 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Well how about this. After the last battle. You have to track down Kyreum,because Ghetsis was actually just controling it and not capture it,so we have to destory whatever is destroying it and Kyreum goes on a rampage and the only way to stop it,calm it down and get the ice to unfreeze is to capture it ourselves.

I for one want to de in a double or even triple battle with N and my rival on my side.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
N vs. Ghetsis would be a great story line element. Through his travels over the past two years, N relaizes how much the world differs from what Ghetsis taught him and realizes that he was only being used as a pawn. So when Ghetsis returns to finish his plans, N catches wind of it, heads back to Unova, and joins you in stopping him.

Of course, whether Ghetsis can even revive Team Plasma in the first place depends on whether the Unovan populace was made aware of Team Plasma's plans throughout the events of the first games. If there were full news reports on the situation, I'd imagine it would be tough for a resurrected Plasma to gain support. But if everything regarding them was kept all secret, then their resurgence becomes a very real possibility.

Now, whether the Shadow Triad returns... that's a big question mark I couldn't even begin to speculate on, lol

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 05:45 PM
As in - Ghetsis still wants to control over Unova and plans to get N on his side once more. He would even hope to get N's team members to join, creating one villainous group. It's hard to say what I want N to do in this situation though. :( N would be the ally, though.

Don't think N would fall for that :x Ghetsis is better off recruiting individual members from Plasma if anything than N himself.

April 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Perhaps Ghetsis gathers members from the Isolated parts of Unova (the new areas) who know little to nothing about what occured in the Pokemon league two years ago.
I would also like to have a double match with N as an ally but who would Ghetsis team up with? Most likely if we were to team up it'll be against the Shadow triad.
Ps; I can see The new Plasma castle being made out of ice, like an ice palace to fit with the icy theme.