PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] So Eevee's in the Games... :)

Bluerang1
April 12th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Finally! I remember us all speculating about what two new Eevee evolutions we'd like to see in Unova and with the release of B2W2, we might finally get our wish.

So what Eevee evolutions do you want to see or think we will see in Unova?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think their will be new one's, also it's been confirmed that alll seven of the existing ones are going to be in B2w2.

vaporeon7
April 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I don't think that we will see any new Eeveelutions in B2/W2, or any new Pokémon at all. We'll see all the ones we have now in the game, which is great because that means I can have a Vaporeon on my team.

Noah Ridgewood
April 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Um, none. They don't add new Pokémon like that mid-generation. This is still Generation V. You'll have to wait until Gen VI to speculate that again.

Joshawott
April 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Um, none. They don't add new Pokémon like that mid-generation. This is still Generation V. You'll have to wait until Gen VI to speculate that again.

You shouldn't say "they don't", you know. It's not like you know what Game Freak's planning. What if I were to speculate sequels to Black and White and you were to say "they don't make sequels"? You never really know what to expect from Game Freak anymore. In any case, I'd have to agree with you.

Anyhow, I'm really excited that Eevee will be in the games. I love using its evolutions!

Xander Olivieri
April 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
You shouldn't say "they don't", you know. It's not like you know what Game Freak's planning. What if I were to speculate sequels to Black and White and you were to say "they don't make sequels"? You never really know what to expect from Game Freak anymore. In any case, I'd have to agree with you.

Anyhow, I'm really excited that Eevee will be in the games. I love using its evolutions!

Except we can say that when it comes to adding new Pokemon. Why? New Pokemon makes it a New Generation. I believe Gamefreak said its the same Generation meaning no new Pokemon.

New Pokemon also mean no backwards link up as the new Pokemon's data doesn't exist in older games.

While I'm still not ruling it out yet, there is a lot stacked against it. We are still in Gen 5 so there is little to no chance of new Pokemon appearing. Forms are still possible.

Noah Ridgewood
April 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Um, I should say that, because it's still Generation V, and they're going to !need to make it compatibile back to Pokémon Black and White games with trades and all that. And they can't do that if they add new Pokémon to it. As for the whole sequel thing, adding new Pokémon mid-generation is entirely different than what kind of game they'll make. While I may not know what to expect from them, I know some of what not to expect from them, and new Pokémon mid-generation is one of those things.

Joshawott
April 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Um, I should say that, because it's still Generation V, and they're going to !need to make it compatibile back to Pokémon Black and White games with trades and all that. And they can't do that if they add new Pokémon to it. As for the whole sequel thing, adding new Pokémon mid-generation is entirely different than what kind of game they'll make. While I may not know what to expect from them, I know some of what not to expect from them, and new Pokémon mid-generation is one of those things.

Perhaps you are right, but think back a bit. Remember when you could connect the second generation games with the first generation games? We're only on generation five as you said, so maybe come talk to me in a few years from now and we'll see who's right. :D

pokemonkidtotodile
April 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I dont believe that there will be new Eveeloutions, but if there were I would love to see a Bug and a Flying type.

SnowpointQuincy
April 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I think it would be a big shock to add new pokemon now. It might be a good idea from a marketing standpoint, but then you loose 100% compatibility with B/W.

There is the Notch-Eared Pichu to consider...

If there is new Eevee, I second the Flying Type. I imagine it as a cat with big fluffy Zapdos shape wings, all colored white with blue highlights. It would be like a air cannon, and used by people as a personal fan.

(and it would learn areoblast, thunder, hurricane, rain dance)
:15:

April 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Adding new pokemon would instantly make BW obsolete.

This game is a sequel to BW, would they want to instantly discredit BW and make it no longer marketable? No.

PlatinumDude
April 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I highly doubt that new Eeveelutions will be in BW/W2. I mean, it's way too early to introduce new Pokemon to be used in the main games at that point.

miltankRancher
April 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I think there will no new eeveelutions this time, cause it is still Gen V. But, it would be awesome if I could have a Jolteon/ Umbreon/ Vaporeon in my team!

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 08:56 PM
While it would be cool to see what they would come up with, I have to agree I don't think they would do that so late in this Gen. I'm just happy that they are putting Eevee in rather than trying to go to dream world to get a rare one, or trade from other gens to get one.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Well, according to the pattern? Possibly. You've got 1 - 2 and then 4 (and 5?) - if so then that's the only way we'll get Eeveelutions imo, otherwise I think it's just coincidental that Eevee is in the games or to tie it in with Coquest or something.

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Well, according to the pattern? Possibly. You've got 1 - 2 and then 4 (and 5?) - if so then that's the only way we'll get Eeveelutions imo, otherwise I think it's just coincidental that Eevee is in the games or to tie it in with Coquest or something.

Agreeing with the bolded. I bet there will be some kind of special Eevee promotion to coincide with Conquest haha.

Xander Olivieri
April 12th, 2012, 10:12 PM

Its prolly cause Eevee is just a highly loved Pokemon. It was the Dream World's FIRST giveaway event too. This is the first game where Eevee is possibly a free roaming Wild Pokemon and not a Special Condition Wild Pokemon (D/P/Pt).

This is CONSIDERING Eevee isn't a Gift again cause...ya know....it doesn't SAY Eevee is wild.

(cuts wrist)

Turn-it
April 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Agreeing with the bolded. I bet there will be some kind of special Eevee promotion to coincide with Conquest haha.

A different moveset, differen't ability, or different eeveelution? Could you elaborate on your promotion hypothesis?

April 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I can see the Eevee being a gift, maybe with a special move like Trump card which it learns at the high level of 57.

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
A different moveset, differen't ability, or different eeveelution? Could you elaborate on your promotion hypothesis?

Definitely not an Eeveelution because it would only be usable in these games, not B/W. Since they've release DW Eevee already I would guess a special move that can only be obtained from Conquest, that could then go onto B2W2. Not sure which it would be though cause idk anything about Conquest ;x

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
It could also possibly be a shiny. Everyone loves shinies and they seem to be kinda common this generation imo, and what better way to promote the games, which B2W2 are doing as a result. :(

April 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
It could also possibly be a shiny. Everyone loves shinies and they seem to be kinda common this generation imo, and what better way to promote the games, which B2W2 are doing as a result. :(
The one shown in the game wasn't shiny so I doubt it, too bad cuz I would love if they did that :(

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Eevee featured does not a new evolution line make.

It's quite clear that it was there to decorate the page and illustrate that the old Pokémon would be featured again. We could dream about how Metang could have a branched evolution tree from that, but… it's the middle of a generation.

April 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I agree with Hiroshi, no new Eeveelutions this gen, though maybe they could hint at one like they hinted at Munna in gen I ;)

gunnerpow7
April 13th, 2012, 01:28 AM
The chances of a new Eeveelution is slim. If this were a new generation, it would have a 50/50 chance. But since it is still Gen V, I don't think a new Eeveelution will happen... =/

bobandbill
April 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM
If there was to be a new Pokemon then unless they didn't want it to be usable in battles or tradeable to BW, a same-gen game, there would have had to be data for it in BW, which there isn't. (And the whole 'new Pokemon don't come out mid-gen bar event Pokemon' point, and we know all the possible event Pokemon that would be 'new'.

Ergo, I don't believe there's a new Eeveelution coming about - just the ability to obtain Eevee in the game by catching or gift Pokemon (or both). I wonder which method that'll be done in...?

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I don't see it being catchable, especially considering it never has been. Part of the appeal of Eevee and what makes it so interesting is getting one and having to decide what you want to evolve it into because you won't be given another. I mean yeah you can breed but it's much easier if they just let you catch it in the wild so I can't see that.

I'VE GOT IT. Pokemon Conquest cameo in the games!

Ash
April 13th, 2012, 06:36 AM
A Pokemon Conquest cameo would be pretty awesome, I must say.

Just like in the other games Eevee will most likely be a one-time event. Just what type of event it'll be is another question.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I don't see it being catchable, especially considering it never has been. Part of the appeal of Eevee and what makes it so interesting is getting one and having to decide what you want to evolve it into because you won't be given another. I mean yeah you can breed but it's much easier if they just let you catch it in the wild so I can't see that.

I'VE GOT IT. Pokemon Conquest cameo in the games!

Eevee were wild in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum at Mr. Backlot's Baby Mansion. This would be the first time that they are naturally wild (possibly...Its not written in stone yet)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If it means I can get Jolteon in B2/W2 instead of the craptacular Electric types in the Unova Pokedex, I'm all for it.

God, I hated using Wild Charge on Zebstrika and Eelektross was way too slow for my tastes...

As far as new Eevee forms, don't know and don't care. I already have Jolteon xD

SnowpointQuincy
April 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Problem with Eevee: you get 1, but you need 7 to finish the pokedex. Your not going to have 7 friends playing pokemon who co-ordinate eevee evelutions to get all seven. Let it be wild.

And whole your at it: Fix Flareon. It has a great attack stat, but no moves to use it on. (Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Wild Charge) That would be a bit overdone, but it's better than never being used.

Shiny Celebi
April 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I hope they decide to make Eevee catchable in the wild rather than a gift but make it have a low appearance rate or only in shaking grass. Im tired of having Pokemon just given to you, I want to battle them.

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Problem with Eevee: you get 1, but you need 7 to finish the pokedex. Your not going to have 7 friends playing pokemon who co-ordinate eevee evelutions to get all seven. Let it be wild.

And whole your at it: Fix Flareon. It has a great attack stat, but no moves to use it on. (Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Wild Charge) That would be a bit overdone, but it's better than never being used.

Eevee is breedable though. o-o

I'm still sticking by my Conquest tie-in even though it probably won't happen haha.

Turn-it
April 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Eevee is breedable though. o-o

I'm still sticking by my Conquest tie-in even though it probably won't happen haha.

Right now though, it stands to be the most probable. IMO.

Blue
April 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I'm sure if they were going to introduce new eeveelutions they would have done it in Black & White, the fact that these are sequels would mean you wouldn't be able to transfer back to BW it just doesn't really fit in. Eevee will just be in the Pokédex for normal purposes IMO.

IcyIce
April 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
You got to remember none of the old pokemon were said to have evos in the 5th Gen. Therefore why would they only make Eevee have evos. And got to remember what everyone else said about this still being 5th Gen

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Since we've been reiterating the same things again and again, closing this and not reopening it until something concrete suggests we're getting new evolutions in the game.

Otherwise, further discussion on Eevee can go into this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278063).