PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]Akuroma

Pkmn Trainer Touko
April 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I think this new professor spells trouble. He looks like an evil scientist. The colors under his lab coat appear to be Team Plasma colors.

And don't forget, Genesect, who was created by Team Plasma scientists as it says in his Pokedex entry- is to be revealed at some point in these games, whether in game or in an event.

I'm convinced that this will be the return of Team Plasma.

It was mentioned that he studies Pokemon Strength. That's exactly what Team Plasma did to Genesect...made it modified into a much stronger Pokemon.

I think this is going to be a massive theme in BW2.

BW1 focused on the ethics of owning/battling with Pokemon. BW2 appears to be focused on the genetic modification of Pokemon... I mean look at the mascots...fused Pokemon forms!

N
April 13th, 2012, 05:20 PM
His hair scares me, and I think he'll be evil.. I know there were ideas of him either being part of Plasma, or the new Professor, but I don't think either one has been confirmed? I can't wait to see what they do with him. It would be neat (though it won't happen!), if he were to be part of a previous villain team. Rocket, Magma, etc..

If he is the main professor, I wouldn't trust him with that role. >_>

bobandbill
April 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM
And don't forget, Genesect, who was created by Team Plasma scientists as it says in his Pokedex entry- is to be revealed at some point in these games, whether in game or in an event. Less convinced by this given the fact if thy wanted to focus on him with Genosect then surely it should have been the event legendary announced during B2W2 info, not Meleotta?

I did think on first impressions that he might be evil, but looks can be deceiving after all. I'll be content to wait and see on what he actually does as well as clarification on what he actually does in the game - Pokemon Strength can mean a lot of things when you think about it.

Reshiram Man
April 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
The new antagonist or professor has the evil glimmer surrounding him, so I really feel he will be an evil guy.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM
He "created" a Pokémon. Whatever he's planning or whatever his intentions are, they wouldn't be good.

Maybe the creation is Genesect! BIG SHOCK.

Anyway, this thread crosses over on discussion of Akuroma, which is covered in potentially two threads, so this can be a thread specifically discussing Akuroma.

Raichupacabra
April 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Less convinced by this given the fact if thy wanted to focus on him with Genosect then surely it should have been the event legendary announced during B2W2 info, not Meleotta?

I did think on first impressions that he might be evil, but looks can be deceiving after all. I'll be content to wait and see on what he actually does as well as clarification on what he actually does in the game - Pokemon Strength can mean a lot of things when you think about it.

Well it's very possible, they may release a Wi-Fi item sometime later that could lead to this. For example, Celebi was released almost a year after HGSS yet it led to something. We just have to wait for Serebii to go into the game data and see if there's any special data.

Jellicent♀
April 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I like him! I don't trust him, but I like him. He seems to be younger, which is pretty refreshing after having all the old bags send you across the nation. He seems like he'll be just as active as Juniper, which I like. Maybe he's a relative of hers?

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 09:27 PM
There's nothing that actually suggests he's the resident professor. He's just some recurring character, from the looks of it.

bobandbill
April 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Well it's very possible, they may release a Wi-Fi item sometime later that could lead to this. For example, Celebi was released almost a year after HGSS yet it led to something. We just have to wait for Serebii to go into the game data and see if there's any special data. Yes, that's true, but I feel it unlikely for them to introduce this new character now and not couple it with an in-game wifi event at release but only further down the line. I'm not saying we won't maybe get an event or something for Genosect, but I question it being related to this guy at this stage because we know very little about what he really does.

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
There's nothing that actually suggests he's the resident professor. He's just some recurring character, from the looks of it.

I really hope he isn't the professor. :( I just want him to be an evil scientist. If he's not I'll be very disappointed. I also hope his hideout is in Dreamyard and he's discovered later when that part is unfrozen. :3;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 14th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Oh man, I hope the evil professor is THE professor. Having that would be awesome and a nice change of pace from the professor who's a goody-goody. I've always liked the idea of an evil professor, and it might actually happen this time around xD

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I love him! He's cool, is wearing blue and black, and that streak! He might turn out be be evil as he has a suspiciousness about him but I like that.

RedJ
April 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Hmm...maybe he's NOT actually evil, but was a former member of Team Plasma, and part of his research is being used to cause whatever's going on in Unova, or something like that.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
April 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Akuroma is described by the trailer as "Foe? Friend? A mysterious character."

I'm pretty convinced he's bad news. But he's very attractive!

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
April 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I read a theory that Akuroma may be researching Kyurem as his name means colorless...and if so who knows what he may want to use it for...he could be Ghetsis' new lacky...
Though he doesn't look all that evil to me, he might be our new N, a confused character.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I love the fact that there's a chance the new professor will be evil and secretive. This has never happened before. The professor will definitely be more interactive throughout the game too, and it creates a huge change. It is time that GameFreak lets go of some generic things that repeat in every mainstream game. Instead of Akuroma teaching us how to throw a Pokéball, he'll be scheming up his own plans. That is, if he's what we make him out to be.

I admire this character already.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I love the fact that there's a chance the new professor will be evil and secretive. This has never happened before. The professor will definitely be more interactive throughout the game too, and it creates a huge change. It is time that GameFreak lets go of some generic things that repeat in every mainstream game. Instead of Akuroma teaching us how to throw a Pokéball, he'll be scheming up his own plans. That is, if he's what we make him out to be.

I admire this character already.

If he is, then he really resembles the Mayor in Pokemon Colosseum. Playing the innocent victim and then revealing that he was the enemy the entire time. I'm really excited about his character, whether or not he is evil or not, I'm eager to see how his role plays out.
His hair is probably the most ridiculous though, and yes, that blue part is his hair.

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/characters/images/img_chara02_01.jpg

What's this book he's holding? Perhaps legends of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom?

The book looks like something Ghetsis had.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 04:02 PM
It looks like Akuroma has a much bigger role than we had anticipated, as shown by the promotional video showing him entering onto a stage that appeared to be televised. I'm guessing he's more of a celebrity, now.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM
If he is a celebrity, does that mean he'll likely end up doing what Ghetsis did and kinda brainwash everyone into liking him...?

Maybe he did something really good, and then something went corrupt with him and as a result he's evil, but everyone thinks he's a good guy so they listen/do what he says. :3

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
If he is a celebrity, does that mean he'll likely end up doing what Ghetsis did and kinda brainwash everyone into liking him...?

Maybe he did something really good, and then something went corrupt with him and as a result he's evil, but everyone thinks he's a good guy so they listen/do what he says. :3

I like this idea. A lot. Maybe he already has convinced everyone to like him already and his hair? Maybe he convinces people that he's doing the right thing (a little more effectively than Ghetsis, mind you) and they all give him millions of dollars and make him rich, which he then uses the money to build technology to help him do his evil plan!
-gasp-
I'm excited. <3

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I like this idea. A lot. Maybe he already has convinced everyone to like him already and his hair? Maybe he convinces people that he's doing the right thing (a little more effectively than Ghetsis, mind you) and they all give him millions of dollars and make him rich, which he then uses the money to build technology to help him do his evil plan!
-gasp-
I'm excited. <3
Seems wickedly scheme-ish to me. u_u Akumora looks really arrogant too, so I can imagine him showing off to many people, and they admire it. BUT LITTLE DO THEY KNOW. and so little we know too

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Seems wickedly scheme-ish to me. u_u Akumora looks really arrogant too, so I can imagine him showing off to many people, and they admire it. BUT LITTLE DO THEY KNOW. and so little we know too

That would make him more awesome imo. Like, Giovanni (money wise) meets Cyrus (technology wise) meets Ghetsis (in the sense that he tries to make people think he's a good guy).

April 14th, 2012, 08:06 PM
^ Meets Archie, Maxie, and N too if his intentions are fof the betterment of the world.

Also note that Akuroma spells Akuma when the ro is removed...and Akuma means demon!

wombateiro
April 14th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I think he could be the leader of that military looking new team (if they really are new team). He could have created some kind of disaster, use that team to show how they are fighting with with disaster and use media to make people think he and his team are heroes saving the day.

C Payne
April 15th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I think he could be the leader of that military looking new team (if they really are new team). He could have created some kind of disaster, use that team to show how they are fighting with with disaster and use media to make people think he and his team are heroes saving the day.

That's really interesting. If he was (like someone else brought up) able to manipulate people and gain charity (which would pay for his plans), he could have used a bit more of the original funds to actually cause some kind of disaster, undercover obviously, and then 'stop it' to win a serious amount of the population over, thus making him look like a hero while he plans even bigger things.

Yeah, probably overthinking, but ah well. This is something really crazy to think over, haha.

April 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
That book he is holding seems old, my guess is that it was discovered in the newly rebuilt ruins and details the full legend of the dragons.

Perhaps he uses the fu ds to unearth an ancient item that will allow him to control Kyurem and take over the region like Ghetsis before him dreamed of minus the unnecessary taking people's Pokemon.

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.

It's definitely all of the speculation that makes it fun. I mean, finally we have a character that actually intrigues people. All of the other main characters or whatnot were explained in full who and what they were. Finally we have one that we can actually discuss and debate about. Finally we have an evil professor, a concept that MANY people have been waiting for.

Cat
April 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I had my thoughts that he may be in control of those men you encounter at Nimbasa City, we don't have much info on him and he looks kinda shady to me.

April 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Well they did say he was a Mysterious character ^_^ I can see him behind more of an enigma than even N was. Speaking of N may he have a connection with him or Plasma? Perhaps he got the book from the ruins of N's castle itself ,perhaps it has notes of Ghetsis' failed plan which he plans to execute himself in a different fashion from him and the previous five villainous teams.

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
^ I do hope he will have to do something with N or Ghetsis.

Two years ago, the professor of Unova was just in the hands of Juniper. It makes me wonder what Akuroma was doing during all of that time... and the possible evil team we saw as well.

Penguin PZ
April 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
He has own special scene (with this book) just like N so who knows? Maybe he is a bad guy and has something to do with genesect and plazmas but it's just a speculation.

Cat
April 28th, 2012, 09:49 AM
He definately has a sinister look in his eyes but then again he could just be made to look like that. His appearence tells me that it's more likely he's the professor than the leader of an evil team he just doesn't really look the type.

Zayphora
April 29th, 2012, 07:51 AM
The way he appears in the intro reminds me an awful lot of the way Cyrus appeared in Platinum's intro...

Incepticon
April 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I think he will be the leader of Team Plasma. He just looks leader-like to me.

GolurkIsDaBomb
April 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I agree that he looks evil, and that he might be leading that team in nimbasa city. i also have a feeling he's gonna be some sort of evil politician type figure, able to twist words really well. I also think he'll have something to do with those ruins near Undella town, to use them to bring rise to Black/White Kyurem, sorta like spear pillar?

Gonzo
April 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.

Flygon-Gal
May 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.

Thats a possibility... Or it could be ghetsis disguised. Unlikely but y'know... Actually it's quite possible

Kaori
May 3rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
I wanna know how he became the professor in Unova. Hopefully they explain it in-game; surely no one can become the only professor of the region easily.

pikakitten
May 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...

Kaori
May 4th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...
Yeah, I highly believe that this professor is going to suck up to the people of Unova and look good for them, whilst attempting to manipulate the protagonists (or the rival) into joining Team Plasma and/or getting him closer to awakening Kyurem.

Cid
May 4th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Indeed, Akuroma feels way more sinister compared to the other professors. And Professor Juniper specifically gives great contrast. He could create a facade with his position as a professor, and it would make the games incredibly interesting if he actually turns out to be the main villain. Him sucking up to the main characters and everyone else sounds really plausible, and he might even be revealed late in the game as a villain to make it more evil.

I don't think he has to have a relation with Ghetsis or N, though, not that I would care too much if they did that. And yes, I think they will actually give him enough backstory if he is a villain. Heck, even if they don't make him bad, they should at least give him backstory for being a professor. And why his hairstyle oddly reminds me of Kyurem.

Jellicent♀
May 4th, 2012, 04:59 AM
I'm still not convinced that he is the professor for the game. Have they said that he is or something and I just didn't see it?
Maybe he's just a scientist that plays a main role. I mean just because he has a lab coat doesn't mean he is the professor of the game. I'm still thinking that he's just some celebrity, being all nice and popular for the public, while behind closed doors he's plotting a way to take over the region/world.

giradialkia
May 4th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I agree with Jellicent, I'm confident that this new guy has a somewhat darker role than the standard Professor of a Pokemon game. The fact that they've shown him in the introductory video and in various stages throughout the game, I'll bet that he's all friendly at first but then it turns out he's the head of Neo-Team Plasma or whatever.
It seems a little... you know, "That's what they want us to think", and seeing as Black/White was so full of surprises, it's hard to know what way GameFreak have gone with this.

hinkage
May 4th, 2012, 06:11 AM
When I first saw it, I figured he'd be evil. If he's not I'll be surprised, because it looks very obvious.

Zayphora
May 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe he's not the Team Plasma leader at all...It's very possible that Team Plasma as a whole team will not be in the game (I mean with all the grunts and stuff. Ghetsis and N will most likely be back.) So it's possible that Akuroma, if he is a team leader(which I firmly believe because of his book scene) then he could have his own team...COUGH TEAM NOVA COUGH

Guy
May 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm definitely alongside those who believe Akuroma will be presented as the "secretly-bad-guy-but-playing-good" character. The meaning of his name aside, just the design of his character alone gives off this certain vibe to which you don't trust him. Not to mention how much of a bigger role he seems to have in these game. It just doesn't seem like he's going to be presented as the region professor as Jellicent stated earlier. It seems as though he'll be so much more than that.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I think Akuroma looks hot.:cer_wink: Although he does seem a bit suspicious.

Khrysta
May 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm still not convinced that he is the professor for the game. Have they said that he is or something and I just didn't see it?
Maybe he's just a scientist that plays a main role. I mean just because he has a lab coat doesn't mean he is the professor of the game. I'm still thinking that he's just some celebrity, being all nice and popular for the public, while behind closed doors he's plotting a way to take over the region/world.

I agree with Jellicent, I'm confident that this new guy has a somewhat darker role than the standard Professor of a Pokemon game. The fact that they've shown him in the introductory video and in various stages throughout the game, I'll bet that he's all friendly at first but then it turns out he's the head of Neo-Team Plasma or whatever.
It seems a little... you know, "That's what they want us to think", and seeing as Black/White was so full of surprises, it's hard to know what way GameFreak have gone with this.

He's not a Professor. He's a Researcher.

May 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
A researcher can be another name for proffesor. All we know of him we get from judging from his looks...he could be a nice proffesor, or an evil guy, or both (minus the nice part)...

Forever
May 5th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Not necessarily, since I'm sure all researchers in B/W weren't professors :( Don't really think he'd be the regional professor, though. I'm sure there's someone else we'll be going to for that anyway since he doesn't seem helpful.

Cid
May 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Him not seeming helpful could be a good ploy for them to approach the game! They never did something like this before, they almost did in R/B before releasing it judging from the unused Professor Oak battle data but that was much more tame. It would be cool if he actually is the regional professor this time.

I see your points as to why he doesn't feel like he would be. But the only researcher this personalized (that's not a regional professor) of recent memory would be Fennel, and somehow Akuroma doesn't strike me as the Fennel-type recurring character. Not that he should.

Zayphora
May 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Tbh, Fennel really only was important at the beginning of the game, so I'm not sure that's a good comparison. But he doesn't strike me as that type either.

Cid
May 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I guess. I only had a few examples to choose from as for researchers that aren't professors. Most that are in-game are not personalized at all, bearing one lab coat wearing sprite like those aides the regional professor has, very much unlike Fennel and Akuroma. The latter even shows up in the introduction, so that shows his large role I guess. In fact, wouldn't it be weird if the game had two researchers and the regional professor turns out to be the less important character between the two? Wait, with Oak and Elm, they did that in Gen II.

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Akuroma seems far too important to be just a researcher. Though maybe he's attempting to be the regional professor? Or a replacement for Juniper just for some time?

dreamcatcher
May 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I think that if he doesn't turn out to be an evil genius, he'll end up serving the same purpose as Professor Oak did in Jhoto. Hopefully he plays a larger role that that though, because he has an interesting design and a mischevious look to him, so I hope he turns out to be evil. :P

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Okay we know for sure that Akuroma won't be handing us our starters. And so far with the news we've gotten, it doesn't look like he'll be the region's Professor either.

Hmm.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Definitely leaning towards him being the new leader of Plasma then. While something on the side would be great, since he doesn't have a "good" role, all that's left to assume is they'll go with the obvious and make him Plasma's leader.

Khrysta
May 11th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Watch he'll become a "Scott" or "Looker" role. One speculated to have great purpose, but really he doesn't even need to exist.

Maybe he set up the World Championship to test all the trainers around the world. I mean they do show him coming to meet the new PC on a stage that looked like it could be some major event. Maybe it was the World Tournament's Champions Platform and Akuroma was awarding him the trophy.

He is studying Pokemon's Strengths. Seems like the best way to show a Pokemon's strength by pitting them against the world's greatest trainers.

May 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
^ I agree, his presence in the tournament makes me feel that he's out to look for strong trainers much like Scott himself was, perhaps they have a connection, both being people who look for strong trainers.

Forever
May 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe he's hosting the world tournament because he wants to see what trainers he could potentially recruit. Why have someone in an introduction that hosts what we think is most likely just a post-game thing? >))>

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Okay we know for sure that Akuroma won't be handing us our starters. And so far with the news we've gotten, it doesn't look like he'll be the region's Professor either.

Hmm.

I haven't seen anything that would even remotely suggest that Akuroma would play a "Professor" role. Misinterpreted word of mouth passes quickly in the fanbase, though, so I guess I can't be surprised.

A lot of things suggest that his influence in the game isn't a nice one.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
In all the pics I've seen him in he's smiling so I can't really picture him as a bad guy lol but I must say your reasons are very well thought out :)

Bluerang1
May 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.

Khrysta
May 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
He's certainly not the regional professor seeing as Juniper is still in operation. Bianca helps her give the protagonists their starters.

That and the fact that Akuroma isn't a Professor to begin with. Akuroma is a Researcher.

Aquarius1997
May 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a world tornament screenshot you see him on stage with the protag

Edit: also what if he pulls a "cynthia" helping the player but ending up being a champion

Khrysta
May 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I think akuroma would pull a "Charon" on all of us but he would also help the trainer out

Example: Akuroma without the protags knowledge would be the top researcher of team ??? Like charon But he would aid the trainer in various ways

The reason i see him helping the trainer is because in a pokéwood screenshot you see him on stage with the protag

If you are talkin about the one where he walks up and meets the Protag in the center stage with a crowd around him, that's the World Tournament, not Pokewood.

Aquarius1997
May 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Oops about to change it

But wait....

If he appears in the world tornament(which is most likely post-game) that means he will not play an evil character because by the time you apprehend team ??? he would have disappeared.

If he works for team ??? why would he return to the world tornament if we apprehended him?

bwburke94
May 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
His name strongly indicates that he's either with Plasma or a solo villain.

KingCyndaquil
May 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!

Khrysta
May 25th, 2012, 12:45 PM
We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.

KingCyndaquil
May 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM
We know he is a Researcher that does not agree with Team Plasma's ideals that Pokemon should be separated from Humans for them to reach their highest potential.

Other than that, nothing else has been said.
He also Researches Pokemon Strength, so interestingly enough, him and team plasmas ideals can coincide good with each other.

maybe he plays a role like Scott in RSE and invites you to this world tournament.

another thing that is possible is he could be a spy and lead the team plasma dressed in the old uniforms? farfetched but possible

Cherrim
May 25th, 2012, 02:40 PM
there are rumors going around that he invented the World Tournament (which is highly possible)

some say that he is the new leader of team plasma/ "Neo" Team Plasma

but the question stands... who is Akuroma?

lets theorize!
We've already got a thread about Akuroma here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278143). Let's keep everything in there. :)

KingCyndaquil
May 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
so we all agree he maybe affiliated with the World Tournament, but his name still basically means Evil, so i think there's something deeper here.

May 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well Akuroma actually means something along the lines of lack of color, not evil. I don't really think he's going to be a antagonist anymore.

Aquarius1997
May 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM
If he invented the world tornament which brings in plenty of strong gym leaders and champions WHY would he evil he wouldnt be able to be evil because he invented a place for the greater good

KingCyndaquil
May 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
There is something still up with him, why would he have a meeting with the player at night? maybe he's more involved with the story then we thought

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Well, maybe it's something to do with the moon, as in... the moon holds the key to his developments or something? Since idk I noticed the moon specifically in that scene.

Khrysta
May 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.

Zerrah.
May 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
It would be incredible if Akuroma is evil, and by all means he definitely looks evil. But even in the trailer for the new games, when the protagonist comes face-to-face with Akuroma, he either looks confused or reproachful, so I can only think that he is not a good guy.

Guy
May 27th, 2012, 07:19 PM
There's something about Akuroma that when you look at him, he gives you this certain vibe like he may have his own motives in the game, and not one with exactly good intentions either. However, if he really is the founder behind the World Tournament like people keep saying, then it makes sense since he apparently studies the strength of Pokémon.

Still, I agree with those who seem to have this certain type of offset about his character. He may not be evil, but there's a distinct sent of mystery behind his character in my opinion. Out of all the new characters being introduced, Akuroma is the one who probably interests me the most.

Forever
May 28th, 2012, 12:28 AM
The time of day he meets with the player probably has no meaning. If its an automated event in the game, its going to happen during the day when you get to that point if you are playing during the day.

Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.

Twiggy
May 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
This researcher? Well, whatever he's up to, it's probably something that might throw us in a loop. Sure, he does look like he's evil or somesuch, but there's no definitive proof. And what he does doesn't ring any alarm bells when you consider the World Tournament, but there's still a bit of doubt.

All might become clear within a month's time or, if a leak does happen, a bit earlier. :) The only thing I don't want is for him to have no plot resolution.

Cosmotone8
May 28th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I don't think that hes part of team plasma. Unless he's lying in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U
Its the subbed version of the intro movie, and it reveals that he goes against team plasma. Skip to 1:23 to see it. But he could be hiding things. I don't think he started the world tournament like speculated, I think that he is part of his own evil plot that somehow interferes with team plasma. Or something along those lines.

Mew~
May 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Could be something that only appears at a time of day though, maybe like a post-game thing where he just appears, kinda like how the Royal Unova happens at a certain time of day. Just idk chances are it could not even be a part of the story and rather gives context to something else. I wouldn't put that past GF.
Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o1_250.png
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o2_500.gif

Forever
May 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Well, I think it's more on the lines of the automated events. Since I think the event in the animation is based on one of the scans we've seen, etc;
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o2_500.gif

Oh wow I skipped that. :( So annoying! I wonder why he's in Castelia specifically though, maybe he lives in the city and just comes out to talk to the player as they're walking through to stop them from going any further (in which case he'd be kind/a good person, which is weird).

Kaori
May 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Honestly I think he may just act like a good character throughout, but has ulterior motives. :[

May 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.

Kaori
May 30th, 2012, 03:09 AM
I just realized with the cresent moon that Akuroma's hair looks like cresent...
Anyways the scene at the night sure does nothing to make him look anything but suspicious. Perhaps Akuroma isn't evil per say but just selfish, perhaps he's even like an adult rival.
Well it could also be that he has different plans in mind for Plasma and is using them for it -- doesn't know consequences and is selfish with everything that happened.

Mr Cat Dog
May 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM
It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.

Reshiram Man
May 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
Akuroma is a very confusing character. His hair and design seems more evil, while in game pics show a more friendly expression. I guess we will find out in the games when we get them.

May 31st, 2012, 02:34 PM
It'll be nice to hopefully see a character with a little bit of moral flexibility; it certainly breaks the traditional mould of everyone being completely good or completely evil. This guy's probably the most interesting character that I'm looking forward to, based on the details we've been told so far.
Well N was sort of morally flexible.
We really shouldn't get our hopes up too high, he might end up disappointing us...
Also Akuroma might just be the mysterious good guy...

Kenmoor
June 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Or Akuroma could be the secret antagonist of the games. Fattening up the cow (you) for the slaughter. "Oh, have some berries for your Pokemon. Use them in battles in tight pinches to pull through!" *later* "Now have a battle w/ my Lv.100 Hydreigon. Mhahahahah... did the berries help you?"
If, Akuroma is neutral then could he be helping the protagonist along the way, yet also assisting the remnants of Team Plasma.
And if he's a straight up helper (doesn't seem like it) then he has been placed in the "Hall of Derpiness". I mean come on, all this hype for him and that's what we get? A derpy helper who only looks cool?
Or he could be another slave of Ghetsis. Or his grandson. Or his brother. Or, let me stop this.
Either way, we can expect a bit from him. The story line seems to be a bit dependent on him. I am curious about his title of "Researcher". Any thought on that? And his hairdo?

Random mugshots of Ghetsis and his team. I wonder if he'll keep his team.
http://rekurobis.deviantart.com/art/Ghetsis-s-Pokemon-272302711
http://yuuri323.deviantart.com/art/Ghetsis-197888632
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/262/9/9/ghetsis_hydriegon_by_ionpikachu-d4abxng.jpg
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/131/1/c/ghetsis_by_ganea_rebecca-d3g3zis.png
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/3695/364934-black_white_ghetsis_large.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/078/9/b/herp_derp_ghetsis_n_by_ginnyperry-d3bzg0b.png

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 4th, 2012, 07:45 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m46ca5EJn11r2y7r9o2_500.gifI know we've already translated this a million times, but me doing it myself just helps me form my opinion better.

"I am Akuroma, an important Scientist." Now what "Iyashikkei!" means...

...Google says, "No disrespect!" So...he seems nice enough...but then again, evil people don't necessarily disrespect everyone on first sight, and Japanese people are known for their politeness.

Also...Akuroma in Hiragana means "bad road between", so it seems...so his name...probably reveals that he's some sort of meh guy who helps you, although leaning dangerously close to the evil side....

:D

I don't know. This doesn't reveal anything about Akuroma, other than that he's a scientist/researcher.

There, that's my view of Akuroma. Although as with common speculation, I think he's going to be some sort of meeeehhhhhh but slightly evil helper.

And the other screenshot..."I made a tool that activates the Pokémon..."

Yep, definitely some level of bad.

...So basically I've repeated everything that everyone else has said, right?

The Fallen
June 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.

miltankRancher
June 5th, 2012, 02:50 AM
genetic modification? biological and ethical issues? if this is really the theme, I applaud Game Freak for having such a really awesome theme.

anyway, first impression I got of Akuroma (Chrome anyone?), I thought he's the new professor. I guess, I was wrong. but i still couldn't see Akuroma as that bad bad guy. Yes, he might have some bad intentions, bu I am guessing he's more like the "anything for the love of science" type of guy. I am guessing neutral for him.

Forever
June 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I see him as somewhat of a neutral character for some reason. He's described as being mysterious and difficult to read; most "good" and "bad" characters aren't necessarily mysterious. He seems to be a character that is trying to reach a goal and is willing to do what is needed to get to it. This is why I see him as a neutral figure.

Ghetsis was bad and I'd consider him pretty mysterious for the most part. What also implies that for me is kinda his design, he looks evil, rather than looks mysterious. Sooo although one may not be the reason for the other, it kinda fits.

Daydream
June 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Anyone notice this in the new trailer?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/Taimato/Untitled-3.png

He's standing over a Plasma symbol. So he's either trying to help us stop them, or he's actually with them. And in my opinion, it looks like he's at the head of some sort of Plasma control centre.

SolarAbusoru
June 6th, 2012, 01:19 AM
That proves it, he's with Plasma, I mean that's pretty much a control panel, and he's a researcher/scientist, why else would he be standing at it.

Couriway
June 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Why would he be there? He's a part of Team Plasma, or he's trying to hack into their database or something like that.

miltankRancher
June 6th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I think that trailer does not reveal much really. There had been many instances wherein a main character goes in an enemy hideout. But, considering Akuroma's intentions, it is more likely he heads a plasma outlet.

Reshiram Man
June 6th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Akuroma is, in my opinion, something like Team Plasma's head researcher. Team Plasma needs a person with a mental capability, which the team originally lacked. Akoruma's clothes do seems to fit Team Plasma's bill pretty well when you come to think of it.

KingCyndaquil
June 6th, 2012, 10:33 AM
so, it looks like i was right all this time!

It doesn't make since that he is part of team plasma, i think the player and Akuroma were working together at this point of the game and he went up to the control room to check on the computer, so Akuroma does play a big part in the game, this proves that much.

Reshiram Man
June 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I wonder if we get to battle Akuroma, even though it seems unlikely?

June 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Was Akuroma lying to the character about hating Plasma?
I'm thinking that the reason he's there is to stop the team, or possibly to give the player some info on what lies ahead like those people who block the way to the E4...

Cat
June 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
It's most likely he's with Team Plasma, I'm sure that was many people gut instinct initially, either that or he's assisting us in taking them down again.

June 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know what he's saying in that trailer picture? Perhaps it can tell us something about who he owes his alligance to...

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know what he's saying in that trailer picture? Perhaps it can tell us something about who he owes his alligance to...In the trailer picture?

アクロマ「いや失敬!私はアクロマという科学者です。Here, in the animated trailer, he's saying "I don't mean to be rude! I'm Akuroma[, and I'm] known as a researcher."

アクロマ「私は知り合いにたの...Here, in that picture (too lazy to find the trailer, he starts to say, "Me, with my acquaintance [friend]..." the "tano" part hadn't finished loading so I don't know what it would say. Maybe if I find the whole trailer though.

And anther thing to note is that he uses "Watakushi" a lot instead of "watashi" so that means he's really formal with you.

And other pictures!! Mahaha.
http://www.poke-amph.com/black-2-white-2/screenshots/black-2-white-2-talking-akuroma-screenshot.jpg

アクロマ「私が作ったポケモンを活性化させる道具で...
"I have created a tool in which to activate a Pokémon's [Power? dunno.]..."

June 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Hmm, it seems like he's calling you his acquaintence then. Perhaps he's giving the player a rally speach before they go and defeat Plasma. If so than he's proably not evil...at most neutral good...

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Although, it doesn't say he's specifically talking to you...

"shiriai ni" just means "with someone I know well". It doesn't mean anything about you really; it could mean Team Plasma, Cheren, Elesa or maybe even like, Brock. And for some reason, your sprite isn't on the screen? So yeah.

June 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Could the person be N? He's shown to appear towards the end, so perhaps Akuroma was the only one who knew where N was... (maybe he's N's real father!)
Either way I don't think he's evil, unless that friend is Ghetsis...

Cat
June 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I wonder if he's like the Charon of Team Galactic, the researcher who you are unable to battle, he has a similar appearance and characteristics and probably has an important role that we'll find out about in-game.

Zayphora
June 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM

And if he's like Charon he better be awesome, unlike Charon. Charon was lame.

The Fallen
June 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Anyone notice this in the new trailer?

He's standing over a Plasma symbol. So he's either trying to help us stop them, or he's actually with them. And in my opinion, it looks like he's at the head of some sort of Plasma control centre.
This doesn't really prove anything. We don't know why he is there. I still feel like he is a neutral character whom is only out to benefit himself. In fact, I feel this furthers that standpoint - helping Team Plasma in any way is him looking out for the greater good of what he wants.

Mista T
June 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know if this has been touched upon too much, but, ethics and motives aside, do you think we will be able to battle Akuroma? Based on the animated trailer, it is obvious that he owns a Magneton (a steely Pokemon that fits his demeanor and name nicely) which might indicate that we will battle him. Akuroma's Magneton indicates a greater competence in battle than something like Juniper's Minccino.

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 6th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Could the person be N? He's shown to appear towards the end, so perhaps Akuroma was the only one who knew where N was... (maybe he's N's real father!)
Either way I don't think he's evil, unless that friend is Ghetsis...Update~ Found the same picture, but with finished text loading!

Um.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o0QG7hI0sE0/T87imTDY-hI/AAAAAAAAEIM/7FnUyXN32Ho/s1600/pic1454.jpg

アクロマ「私は知り合いに頼まれ研究を手伝っていました!
"I was ask'd by a friend to help [further] the study!"

The thing is, I can't find "tanomare" because it seems like it's not in standard form. Don't worry, I got it

Yeah. Seems like he's about to battle you.

Forever
June 6th, 2012, 05:55 PM
"I was asked to [help with] the study with my acquaintance!"

"I was asked to help with the study with a close friend!"

Yeah. Seems like he's about to battle you.

How does that imply that? I see studying as just... helping out rather than a forceful battle. idk, doesn't seem like a line leading into a battle for someone as high-profile as him.

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah sorry. "My friend and I were asked to help with this study!" I didn't realize there were two parts and yadayadayada unimportant grammar **** I didn't learn yet :( Not adding the "ru" to the end of the verb probably is like how we say "gonna" instead of "going to" when we're just talking and people are like "what the hell are you saying"

but yeah. It's probably someone from Plasma who asked him to "study", and the "friend" could be anyone?

EDIT: I honestly have no clue what it's saying other than "me, friend, asked; help with study!"

June 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Well if the player was being studied by Plasma than it's possible that he isn't all that good...he might be testing the players strength for Ghetsis' or maybe N seeing how he "tested" the BW player, so perhaps he wants to test the supposed third Hero...
This guy can go both ways as far as we're concerned...

SolarAbusoru
June 7th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Well Akuroma is a researcher of Pokemon STRENGTH, what better way to study Pokemon strength, than by battling?

Forever
June 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Well he could always be their official researcher that's working against them from the inside, especially since he said he didn't like what they were doing, iirc?

And idk, he could research their mental strength perhaps.

wombateiro
June 7th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Imo Akuroma could be Champion, or maybe last opponent after Elite Four like N and Ghetsis. His appearances seem to be similar to the ones of most previous Champions - appearing at random points of game, talking about evil team or effects of their actions. That would also explain why he's at World Tournament.

The Fallen
June 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Seeing as how he is a fan of a Pokémon's potential and power I would not be surprised if he were to be working with Team Plasma in order to get to Kyurem and his Black and White formes. If you ask me that is a power of note to study and learn from.

JudgeDreddigon
June 7th, 2012, 11:24 PM
What if his "friend" is his pokemon? Now, who else called pokemon his friends?

To be honest, his appearance and the way he talks does remind me of N.

SolarAbusoru
June 8th, 2012, 01:20 AM
What if his "friend" is his pokemon? Now, who else called pokemon his friends?

To be honest, his appearance and the way he talks does remind me of N.

They're not the same person

Forever
June 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM
They're not the same person

Well I don't think that's what the user was implying, maybe that Akuroma is either related to N, or his role is that he fights alongside N, idk.

The Fallen
June 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Them being the same person would be a horrible thing for the game. However, them being related is fine and far more probable I think.

June 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Imo Akuroma could be Champion, or maybe last opponent after Elite Four like N and Ghetsis. His appearances seem to be similar to the ones of most previous Champions - appearing at random points of game, talking about evil team or effects of their actions. That would also explain why he's at World Tournament.
That would make a lot of sense actually...also his presence in the Plasma hideout is like that of Lance in the Johto games, helping you out. If not then I don't really know why Akuroma is in the World Tournament unless he's the host...

Zayphora
June 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
What if Akuroma is N's real father? *shot*

It's possible that he's Champ, but I don't really think Akuroma is the champion type. He is a researcher.

Plasmette
June 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
This character is more overrated than...R/S/E. Oh yeah, I said that. Come and get me, fanboys.

I don't see the appeal in this guy. Everyone says he's "Shrouded in Mystery". He won't be the minute the game is released. His floating hat also sucks.

June 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
This character is more overrated than...R/S/E. Oh yeah, I said that. Come and get me, fanboys.

I don't see the appeal in this guy. Everyone says he's "Shrouded in Mystery". He won't be the minute the game is released. His floating hat also sucks.
Glares (jk)
I agree, most of the mystery around Pokemon character ends pretty soon, even N isn't that mysterious...
Also that hat might actually be his hair 0_0...

wombateiro
June 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM

*Pulls out sword*

It's possible that he's Champ, but I don't really think Akuroma is the champion type. He is a researcher.

Not-Champion type turning out to be Champion would be awesome imo. He studies Pokemon strength, he could become Champion with his knowledge.

June 14th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Akuroma replacing Alder, I love that ^_^. It'll be a big reveal if after Plasma's defeated you go the E4 and encounter him without any warning.

wombateiro
June 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Akuroma replacing Alder, I love that ^_^.

Wait... imo Alder's hair resemble sun, Akuroma's blue hair resemble crescent. Night replacing day? lol

June 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Wait... imo Alder's hair resemble sun, Akuroma's blue hair resemble crescent. Night replacing day? lol
0_o Good point, I didn't make the connection of with Alder's hair...that would add even more Yin-Yang to these games if he were Champ, plus he's young and according to others 'mysterious' unlike Alder.

Zeruis
June 14th, 2012, 08:46 PM
There's definitely something about this guy. Considering that N and Ghetsis are returning in the game, I feel as if Akuroma will serve as sort of a "Commander" role to Ghetsis, sort of how Mars, Jupitar, and Saturn were in DPPt.

June 14th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I've suggested the idea on the Plasma thread that perhaps he's incharge of White Plasma while Ghetsis is in charge of Black Plasma.
Though I'll like it better he turned out to be the gym leader after all.

wombateiro
June 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Akuroma seems to have much more impact on storyline than being Gym Leader. Like I said before, I think his blue hair is meant to symbolize crescent because of this:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee405/gyhak/akuroma.jpg
Looks like two crescents, one real and other one is his hair.

Alder's hair symbolizes sun because it resembles Volcarona's wings. If Akuroma's hair is crescent, there's serious chance he might replace Alder.

June 15th, 2012, 08:11 AM
0_o Why did I put gym leader, I meant to say Champion xD
Yeah the moon and his hair's color scheme which makes me think of Cressilia ,a pokemon that represents the cresent moon pretty much seems to establish a moon theme for him. Perhaps he has a Zoroark!

Aquarius1997
June 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
If Akuroma endsup to be a Champ, Alder would be reduced down in importance maybe a helpful character or a GYM LEADER

This sould similer to a certain generation where a champion was replaced by a scientist . . . WAIT!!!

More references to the hoenn remakes

Remember how Steven in Emerald was a scientist(kind of) that replaced wallace,a champ, and reduced him into a gym leader

I think Akuroma would become a Champ and Alder would be reduced to a gym leader(possibly fire)

wombateiro
June 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Remember how Steven in Emerald was a scientist(kind of) that replaced wallace,a champ, and reduced him into a gym leader

Lol, that was completely differently done. Wallace was promoted and replaced Steven. After that Steven became free roaming trainer. However you're right that replacing Champion could be hint into R/S remakes appearing in gen 5.

Similar thing could be done in B2/W2 with Akuroma replacing Alder. I think it's more suitable for Alder to be free roaming trainer.

Aquarius1997
June 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Oh
* bangs my head against wall*

If you battled Akuroma, which is bound to happen, what team do you all think he'll have

He definitly has a magnezone because in the game previews he had a magneton

June 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I can see him having Magnezone, and Metagross, Electivile, other steel and or electric Pokemon proably.

Forever
June 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Uh I don't think he'll have Metagross. Magnezone, yeah, but Metagross... I really don't think he'll be the new Steven. So maybe he'll have a non-specific typing. :x

wombateiro
June 16th, 2012, 06:04 AM
He's researcher, so he might have Pokemon like Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Klinklang... Metagross would fit too, but it's Steven's signature Pokemon, so this one rather no.

Zayphora
June 16th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Derp, he might have a Lunatone or whatever the moon version of Solrock is, that'd match his hair...

wombateiro
June 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Derp, he might have a Lunatone or whatever the moon version of Solrock is, that'd match his hair...

Well, Alder doesn't have Solrock, so it's not certain Akuroma would have Lunatone. Imo it's better if Solrock and Lunatone will be kept as only Tate's and Liza's signature Pokemon.

June 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I can see Polygon Z, perhaps he even has some of the fossil Pokemon. His Pokemon will proably be unnatural and/or man made to oppose Alder's Natural team.

Zayphora
June 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Maybe he'll have a Ditto. He'd be the first serious Trainer to have one, by which I mean someone other than a random Scientist by the side of the road.

Vsjester13
June 16th, 2012, 04:44 PM
The one thing i'm gonna add is the fact that no matter what someones gonna get dissapointed about this character when his role is fully explaned

June 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM
^ Proably since so many people have different views of him someone is bound to be wrong...unless he's a Plasma leader, who is also champion, evil, a researcher who turns good, etc.

Vsjester13
June 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Well i know i am since my idea is that he's ethier an evil mastermind that's been pulling the strings sine B/W or he's a world renowed spy

June 16th, 2012, 07:34 PM
^ That would be a totally unexpected thing...I mean pulling Ghetsis' strings...

His presence in the world Tournament (which Alder is the only champ not shown apart from Wallece), the moon theme opposite to Alder's sun look, the helping the player in the journey all make him sound likes the new Champ.

Khrysta
June 20th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well with Bulbapedia finally updating their site with the Dengeki Magazine's review, They list Alder as still the Champion of Unova, so its hard to say that Akuroma is the new Champion. Kinda need for the game to release I guess to verify either claim.

Boarbeque
June 20th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well with Bulbapedia finally updating their site with the Dengeki Magazine's review, They list Alder as still the Champion of Unova, so its hard to say that Akuroma is the new Champion. Kinda need for the game to release I guess to verify either claim.

I would say he is probably working under or secretly controlling Ghetsis. That being sad, he is probably just a big boss to fight rather than a Champion.

June 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Well that blew that theory up unless this is another Bianca is champ kind of rumor but I doubt it.
Akuroma could be part of the international police aka a better version of Looker. Perhaps he pretends he joins Plasma to ruin their plans from the inside.

potent445
June 21st, 2012, 05:36 AM
Apparently he's a team plasma boss. Thats whats said on serebii. Found a photo as well

http://www.serebii.net/images/achroma.jpg

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 05:38 AM
Here's Serebii's posts:

14:23: Achroma is confirmed as a Plasma Boss
14:26; Achroma's team: Magneton Level 50, Magnezone Level 50, Metang Level 50, Beeheeyem Level 50, Klinklang Level 52

His team is really steel and psychic heavy, but it seems to be a moderate challenge nonetheless.

PlatinumDude
June 21st, 2012, 05:39 AM
I knew that Akuroma was involved with Team Plasma all along...but still, in the trailer, didn't he say that Team Plasma's ideals were wrong? (unless he has own ideals)

Naya Rivera
June 21st, 2012, 05:43 AM
Lmao I always thought he was Plasma's boss anyway? Oh well.

Ew @his team though.

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 05:50 AM
His team matches him well, though. Steel and Psychic types fit his character design and it just seems like he would have them types of pokemon.

Forever
June 21st, 2012, 05:59 AM
lmao I suck I just accidentally spoiled #tpc @ my shock with this, oops!

I knew that Akuroma was involved with Team Plasma all along...but still, in the trailer, didn't he say that Team Plasma's ideals were wrong? (unless he has own ideals)

But yeah, that's quite weird. He could mean the other Team Plasma tho, or try to fool you like Ghetsis!

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
Here's a little more info on Achroma:
Achroma, when first battled, has got Klink and a Magneton

Khrysta
June 21st, 2012, 07:01 AM
He could be talking about the Stealing Pokemon to release them and creating an ideal world for Pokemon thing that N was trying to do seeing as Akuroma is Leader of the Black Beret Plasmas who are stealing Pokemon to take over the world (Team Rocket much?)

Kenshin5
June 21st, 2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah I am pretty sure Akuroma was alluding to Knight Plasma. And talk about this being one of the most predictable things we have ever had.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:13 AM
Serebii also said you battle Ghetsis too,so its still probable that the black berets and the knights are owned by different leaders, also supporting this is the picture that showed ghetsis next to kyurem if Ghetsis is next to kyurem the main point in the game where is akuroma

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM
I KNEW HE WAS EVIL.
His team is just...ok. Like, predictable, and yet icky at the same time. It's as if they tried to give him every steel type possible and yet make him seem like a scientist at them same time.

Nepse
June 21st, 2012, 08:52 AM
I hope his Metang holds an eviolite, otherwise it would just be silly for him not to have a Metagross.

June 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Wow predictable sigh I hoped they would've subverted this...
His team sounds alright, it fits him quite well.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
His team fits quite well with his character i dont know why people hate his team
I posted this in the team plasma speculation thread but it fits here too

I'm willing to bet that Team Plasma splits into Old Plasma (Knight Plasma) and New Plasma (Beret Plasma), with Ghetsis in charge of New Plasma (seeing as he, too, has an altered outfit) and Old Plasma awaiting N's return (though I'm not so sure he'll be in charge of Old Plasma). I'm not 100% up to date on the Plasma information that has been released, but it'd seem that Old Plasma are against New Plasma, thus they are looking to do good rather than evil.
That screenshot is certainly interesting; I'm going to assume that N is definitely against Ghetsis

OMFG i know the story

Old plasma ruled by ghetsis
While new plasme is awaiting Ns return but Akuroma has took the the place as the leader
Thats why he said he opposes team plasmas ideals he despises ghetsis' team ideals
It all makes since now

bwburke94
June 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM
As soon as we saw his name, it was obvious. Remember what it means in Japanese.

June 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Colorless so I'm guessing He wants there to be no Black or White, nor Grey morality?
Or the Akuma in it meaning demon which yeah pretty evil give away xD
So is he the leader of Black plasma as predicted?

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM
What if Ghetsis is, like, a loner or something, and maybe he's not running Black Plasma after all? That would let Akuroma be the leader of Black Plasma.

In terms of predictability, this was so predicted by so many people, it's a wonder it wasn't agreed on sooner.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Well maybe he is the leader of new team plasma and ghetsis is leader of old plasma still. On serebii it showed that they split up into two teams, so that's a high possibility. Especially since your supposed to battle ghetsis too. Maybe N is good and helps you defeat the two teams. He did seem to show some signs of being good towards the end of BW
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/plasmaappears2.png

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Old Plasma abandoned Ghetsis, remember?

June 21st, 2012, 09:38 PM
What if Ghetsis is, like, a loner or something, and maybe he's not running Black Plasma after all? That would let Akuroma be the leader of Black Plasma.

In terms of predictability, this was so predicted by so many people, it's a wonder it wasn't agreed on sooner.
Well some of us wanted for him not to be so obvious, turned out our hopes were crushed...
I do wonder what became of him...they haven't mentioned if he got arrested or what...

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/plasmaappears2.png

プラズマだんのしたっぱ 」エヌ様が悲しむ...そんなことはできない...!

Plasma Grunt: His Majesty N is mourning...that sort of thing is impossible...!

Cosmotone what does that have to do with Akuroma.

Awww...I was hoping he was a good guy sooo bad.

edit: oh i'm hilarious.

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
No, I was saying that N betrays Plasma and helps you in the end. Guess I should've said that in my original post, lol.
But you never found Ghetsis in BW, so how can you say that he's gone? Maybe he came back, you never know. In any case, we'll find out in a day or so.

June 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
I want to know how Akuroma came into power of the split Plasma group...in the case he made it out of scratch why didn't he name it something else?

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Maybe he was Ghetsis's lead scientist/researcher, then went rogue and got other grunts to follow him. Since he was already in such power.YES I AM STILL CLINGING TO GHETSIS

The Sly Fox
June 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I knew he would have something to do with Plasma. I mean, look at the guy. He looks like a Plasma guy xD

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
June 22nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Also, apart from any solid evidence, doesn't he just sound like the "heh heh heh" kind of guy? Like Vaati's laugh in the Minish Cap game? I dunno about you but I hear that every time I think of Akuroma. And that's the perfect villain mood.

June 23rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
I feel like they should've given this guy more story. By the looks of it he doesn't have much of a background.
By the way what became of the Shadow triad post game?

Raichupacabra
June 29th, 2012, 02:09 AM
He came out of nowhere. I'm guessing we need to wait for the games to come out in languages we can read so we fully understand where this guy came from.

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
So this guy's named Corless in the English translation. Apparently pronounced with the second syllable stressed. Not sure what the heck that name's supposed to mean, but it isn't as obviously a "villain" name like in Japanese.

SouKoLian9102
June 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Apparently 'Corless' (whatisthisidonteven) regrets what he did as shown in post game where you can rebattle him. Out of the goodness in his heart he'll give you a Master Ball.
Dude needs more backstory, though.

Jellicent♀
July 1st, 2012, 05:12 PM
Never got to express my excitement, but I'm so happy we get to battle Corless. Like, his team is pretty neat, and I love that he sees his mistakes and wants to make up for them. Plus, his team at the very end is just so cool. I love that his Magneton has an Eviolite.

July 1st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Apparently 'Corless' (whatisthisidonteven) regrets what he did as shown in post game where you can rebattle him. Out of the goodness in his heart he'll give you a Master Ball.
Dude needs more backstory, though.
I agree, where did he even come from? He seems to have come out of no where.

I'm glad that they made him repent though, that means all evil leaders but Cyrus, and possibly Ghetsis haven't repend.

Jellicent♀
July 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
I agree, where did he even come from? He seems to have come out of no where.

I'm glad that they made him repent though, that means all evil leaders but Cyrus, and possibly Ghetsis haven't repend.

He's one of the few leaders to actually see the error of their ways. N still thinks he's innocent even though he destroyed the fabric of the region in the process, Ghetsis is just a bad dude, Cyrus was too involved with himself and his obsession, and Giovanni is just cray cray.

Corless actually sees he did something wrong and wants to make up for it, which is a nice change of pace. Finally a boss that wants to make the world smile, instead of tremble. I like Corless a lot more now because of this. c:

July 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM
^ What about Archie and Maxie...they saw their plans were horrible and seemed to have completely given them up.

I do like that Akuroma changed and that they actually show him post game too unlike the aforementioned A and M who simply left never to be seen...
I like his post Plasma team better than his Plasma team too.

dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
July 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
About A and M, they decided that they were gonna get killed by pursuing their dreams so that's what happened. It's truly nice to see a guy who doesn't want to be an ******* just because he doesn't wanna be one.

THIS GAME IS GONNA ROCK.

Abbix
July 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm playing the japanese version now and thanks to tumblr i'm already pairing him up with Homika. Altho he seems to be the kind of guy that doesn't do evil because he's evil, he does evil for science, for the sake of his research. I also have a theory that he may have done those bad things because he had no other choice. BTW his teams: awesome, magnetzone and Rotom is just perfect...altho the problem is that he based his team on only one attribute, if you had a fire type pokemon you pretty much won the battle before it started.

Zayphora
July 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Okay this is random but who else sees similarities between Akuroma's hair and the Highmark corporate logo? Lol.

Twilight-kun
July 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
typical unethical scientist who lets nothing get in the way of his pokemon research, and joining Team Plasma simply lets him have access to a lot of sophisticated equipment

kohei
August 19th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I won't call him unethical. Just curious, caught up in his theories.

I still think Ghetis is bad at managing human resources though.
What kind of leader appoints a man who just joined a group as one of its officers?

ReshZek200
August 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I love the villain/hero -at post game- named Corless/Akuroma.... He is epic!

BlueRocky
August 23rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but since his "mascot" pokemon appears to Magneton, even in the anime, the evolution sequence of Magnemite to Magneton in the anime involves three Magnemite coming together to form the Magneton. If I remember properly, plasma involves atoms separating...the specifics I am not sure of. XP

Maybe Corless's Magneton is capable of splitting apart into three Magnemite (not in-game, of course), or signifies "Plasma", as Ghetsis's plan is not the true intention of Team Plasma?

Corless, being the new leader of the Old Team Plasma, may possibly be stated that he is the leader of a team who's intention is/was to release Pokemon rather than to battle. This plan also represents Plasma - separating Pokemon from Humans, if that even makes sense in an analogy to real plasma.

All of this may have already been covered here or is too much a stretch. Either way, just felt like getting the words out of my mind and onto the computer. :3

Khrysta
August 23rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Corless, being the new leader of the Old Team Plasma, may possibly be stated that he is the leader of a team who's intention is/was to release Pokemon rather than to battle. This plan also represents Plasma - separating Pokemon from Humans, if that even makes sense in an analogy to real plasma.

No he's not. He is an old friend of Ghetsis who was brought into Team Plasma (The black clothed ones) to assist Ghetsis in making the Plasma Frigate, studying how to strengthen Pokemon (His DNA Pins for Kyurem), and to study Kyurem.

When you defeat Plasma, Colress stays incharge of the small group that was with him and docks somewhere for you to battle him. He just never agree'd with Plasma's ideals to begin with. He was only interested in assisting them because it played a part in his actual research on the Strengths of Pokemon.

He doesn't have any affiliation with the White Knight Plasma members.

bwburke94
August 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Um... thread title change please?