PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Which'll you choose?

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Now we know what the protagonists look like, which one will you choose? What will you name yourself in-game? AND WHY?

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
The female protagonist is a definite! In Black and White I decided to switch things up a bit and name myself something different other than my real name, but I decided I didn't like that. So this time for sure, I'm just going to go ahead and give the protagonist my name. :B

King Goodra
April 13th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Male protagonist because I'm a guy and I can't choose the rival. :[
I'll name him Dominic because that's what I name all of my files. :P

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 13th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Picking the male, calling him either Ventus or Matsuri, and picking Oshawott as my starter since I already went with Tepig once and Snivy's took weak for me.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Male cause I always start with the male. His name be Xander as I usually do.

When I get a second copy I'll make the Girl and name her Usagi.

Cherrim
April 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Female, for sure. This guy looks less generic than BW!hero but that hair, lmao. No thanks. The girl is so cute though. I love her.

Name will probably be Erica, as usual. But maybe I'll go ahead and name myself something different. Chances are I'll just decide when I'm on the name select screen.

Wings Don't Cry
April 13th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I'll choose the girl this time around since I've chosen the guy so many times even in Platinum when I should of chosen the girl. I'll probably name her Eiko or Porom since the female protagonist seems to remind me of those two and because they are some of my favourite female characters from Final Fantasy.

Bluerang1
April 13th, 2012, 07:33 PM
The girl has the better design, again, but as I'm a guy, I'm choosing the male protagonist. Naming it after myself, as usual.

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Answering my own thread! For me, I'm going with the girl and "Forever", to parallel what I did in Black and White. :) Plus she's so awesome looking!

Hikamaru
April 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I will pick the girl as I am a girl in reality and I love the female PC designs better than the males.

As for the name, I might name her Nichole (my real name) again or do her official name (if it is revealed).

Cello
April 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Girl probably.
Though i'm a guy I just cannot be bothered to play as exeggutor.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Picking the male. Always been a man, always will play as a male.

Raichupacabra
April 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I like the girl but I'm picking the guy and his name shall be Jon.

OFF TOPIC: I'm so jealous of all the in-game trainers named Jonathan.

Lieutenant Unstable
April 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Girl! And I'll probably give her the same name I give my females - Ashe, or Ashelia. *FFXII fangirl*

RedJ
April 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I want to say the girl, but I'm probably going to pick the guy at the last second >_>

As for the name, I'll go with either RedJ or Tetsuya, as I usually do. Unless I DO pick the female, in which case, I'm not sure.

Jellicent♀
April 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Both of the hairstyles are pretty...ridiculous, but I'll go for the guy, of course. He's still got that charm that Hilbert had. <3

Clacla
April 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I shall be a manly-man-boy-child. I'd feel weird playing as a girl, so, ummm.

BryGuy Shinigami
April 13th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I plan on getting at least both B2 and W2 and on the original Black, I played as a boy, and named him after me (Bryant) and on the original White, I played as a girl and named her after my friend (Ashley). I plan to alternate it this time and B2 be a girl, who I am not sure and W2 as a boy and if I don't name it after my friend (Josh), then either after me (Bryant or Bry Guy) or someone that's a guy.

Cassino
April 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Female, as per usual. I'll only think of a name at the time the text menu comes up, since I don't use a specific one across all Pokemon games.

Kenshin5
April 13th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I always go with the gender I am so Male. Even though I find the males hair style to be a bit silly looking. If I could I'd much rather be the rival though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I'll proably play as the boy. I think his hair is alright, it's simply that hat that's making it stick out...

Turn-it
April 13th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I'll definitely choose a boy....even though I'm more fond of the female's and the rival's design. I think the male protagonist kind of took an L in character design! :D

PlatinumDude
April 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Even though I have issues with the guy's hair, I'm still playing as him because I've always played as the guy in past games.

giradialkia
April 14th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I'mma go with the guy, because I am one. Although if I ever start my file again I'll probably go as the girl just to shake things up a bit- but going as the guy, first.
I usually name my character either my own real-life name, or Gira, or the name of the game (as in the Manga- ie. Blue, Gold, Ruby, White, etc). But I can't really call my character "White 2", so I may go with Gira.

Zephele
April 14th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I think I went with male on my last playthrough (at least on White), so I'll be going female on this one. And as always, I'll be using my name.

Talli
April 14th, 2012, 06:39 AM
going to go with the female and going to name her Amy like always.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 14th, 2012, 06:45 AM
The girl, just like every game since Crystal. But I'll especially enjoy doing it this time because she just looks so awesome.

Cordelia
April 14th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I'll choose the girl so I can use the OT Luna in 5th generation ^^ Woot, I like the design. I'm not sure if this will be in Black 2 or White 2, but since I plan on getting both the other will probably be male.

Plasmette
April 14th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Ill be picking the girl...as I am a girl...
I don't think she has the best design, but at least shes better than Lyra. Lyra looks like a stupid hipster wannabe. Kris FTW...
Anyway, if there is enough room, Ill be naming her Plasmette. If not, Irony.

Pkmn Trainer Touko
April 14th, 2012, 09:53 AM
The female! She's absolutely adorable!

I'll name her either Touko; her official name if I like it; or Reira (Because everyone calls her Leia but I hate the name Leia for personal reasons, but Leia says sounds like Layla would would translate to Reira in Japanese).

Shiny Celebi
April 14th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Im choosing the girl character as I always do, I never really like the male Player characters much, it dosent matter, Im a girl so naturally want to play as a girl.

Kleinchen
April 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'm really not sure... I don't particularly like either of the designs, but I'm leaning a little towards the guy. I probably won't decide until I get the game and then I'll spend like twenty minutes trying to think of a name, haha.

SnowpointQuincy
April 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Boy playing girl cuz she looks awesome, and the boy looks silly.

Maybe name her Zena, my White Boy is named Zeus.

Esper
April 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I wish the boy didn't have that hair. It's all good except that. The girl's skirt seems out of place, too, but it's not as weird as the boy's hair so I'll go with the girl.

I'll come up with a name when I get the game.

SolarAbusoru
April 14th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I am a boy, and so shall be playing as the boy, as I always do.
And I shall name him after myself, as I always do.

이큐리
April 14th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm definitely choosing the girl protagonist. I rarely ever pick the boy. I haven't decided on the names yet.

KingCyndaquil
April 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna go with the Male Trainer, as I always do, and name him my real-life name- Tyrese

if not, i'll go back to naming him Ash, but i haven't done that since Platnuim lol

Blue
April 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Even though I'm a boy myself, judging by the appearance I will be choosing the girl again! If I get the other version later in the year I'll choose the boy obviously.

Mr155555
April 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Boy Named John Rival Zel and Oshawott Because I Choosed Snivy In White and Tepig Seems Useless To Me

sonia789
April 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I will get the female player, and naming it my own name. I will choose Oshawott or Snivy.

Mew~
April 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I'll most likely be the girl in White and the boy in Black. I'll be naming the boy Neo, as that's been that way since Ruby. As for the girl, either Effie or Santana.

I feel like I'll have more fun playing as the girl, I do prefer her.

-ty-
April 15th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I know this isn't quite the question that you asked, but I think that the games should include a few more trainer sprites to choose from. Or, maybe a simplistic character customization. The hero/heroine sprites usually look like generic trainers. I have to admit though, the female hero is much more interesting than most previous heroine sprites. However, words that come to mind when I look at the male sprite for this game are: dweeb, dork, and nerd. So, even though I am male, I think I would rather go with the female hero.

Killjoy
April 15th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I'm going to choose the dude, for I am a dude, and I shale name him Will, for I am a Will.

I find the male sprite's hair pretty odd lol but I like him a lot more then the guy from the original BW

Toshiro.
April 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Going to choose the male, because I am a male.

I shall name him Mike, because that is my name.

Yerp.

porkcrapper
April 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
i would be the boy, cos i am one :)
and call him Jamie, cos that's my name.
I will be happy if they let you change your rival's name, because then i can call him something rude. italways gave me a bit of a thrill in pokemon red when it said "Boober want's a battle"
muhahaha....

pokemonkidtotodile
April 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I typically play as a male in all my games, but for B2/W2 I just might play as the girl because I don't like the male characters design

TheStormPilot
April 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'll pick the female like I do in -almost- every game, but instead of naming her some name I usually do I'm going to name her Charles. And if I don't do that I'm going to name my starter Charles. Either way Charles shall be somewhere in that game, because no Pokemon game in my possession will go without the Charlesvasion.

kingofbluesteel
April 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
which ever one i get first, if not both, i will probably choose the girl, and name her kaylee, which is what i wanna name my first daughter lol

Livewire_
April 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I will 99% be the girl, I'm sure of it. Love her design the most. As for a name, I'll probably use my girlfriends name or something, haha.

vaporeon7
April 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm going to buy both games so I will be male in one, and female in the other. I'm male, so I'll name it after myself. As for the female, I'm not sure, some name will just come to me I hope. But the girl does have a better design.

gunnerpow7
April 17th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I will choose Female and I'll name her Shay. I could choose Male and name him Jake. Meh... I'll just choose Female...

Kaori
April 17th, 2012, 02:13 AM
I like how the poll of this thread keeps at an equal constant. Both are the protagonists are cool! I'd choose the male without a doubt if I was a guy, even if the female's design looks better. I love the male protagonist's hair. :[ Great to see that there's a tie between them.

But since I'm a female and the better looking just goes in favor of my gender, I'm choosing her. 8)

Asuf
April 17th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I'm choosing male as always (I never have played the opposite) When I first saw his hair I coudn't help but laugh!
Anyways I'll probably name him either after myself or my username... Then again, I might call him Adam, its always the name I come up with when I can't decide :P

Atomic Pirate
April 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I really, really, really wish that the guy with the black jewfro was the male protagonist instead of the dolt that they chose. Seriously, a capri and leggings on a male protagonist? That's not at all transsexual. I'll choose him, though, simply so I can name him Frank, after Frank N. Furter, the "Sweet Transvestite".

I prefer the female protagonist, though, in terms of looks.

The guy with the jewfro is beast, though, too bad he's the rival instead of the protagonist.

Kano Shuuya
April 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'll use the rivals default name, but I'll play as the female, and likely will name the file Sho, as per all of my others. xD; Unless I like her Japanese / English canon name enough to use one of them instead of my own name.

c-c-c-combo breaker on the poll.

Girl 30
Boy 29

>w>

war rock exe
April 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Male, and name him Zach because that's my real name. I'll chose tepig or snivy cuz those are my favorite of the two

Roughsponge
April 18th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'll be choosing the guy, because I am a guy and never pick otherwise :P I actually like his hair as well, think it's a bit different :) I'll be calling him Mikey as well, after me of course!

Theta Rex
April 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Well, the way it's gone with most generations is: I'd pick the boy to start with, and then at some point in the future, play it through again as a girl.

Though, looking at the two new characters, I'm not exactly jumping for joy over the new male character's design. Just... ugh. So I may just end up picking the girl first this time.

As for the starter, it'll either be Snivy or Tepig.

Pachireecko
April 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Boy in Black 2 and girl in White 2, I think. That's what I did with the originals, anyway...

antixx
April 18th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I have a strong feeling I'll be playing as a girl for the first time in the series. I just can't stand the boy's hat/hair. Who knows, though. Hopefully it'll grow on me. If I'm playing as a boy, he'll have my name (Ant, short for Anthony :\,) if I'm playing as a girl, she'll be called Mizuki.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
April 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM
It'll be the boy as always despite appearance. I always give the male protagonist my real name in all my files. As for starters it's Snivy, because despite being weak against the new Poison type gym leader, it's strong against the other newcomer.

apahllo
April 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM
snivs again for me. i cant get over grass starters. such a crutch in my pokemon team all throughout the game. and i tried being female in black but it didnt change anything so im going male in the new one.

S.N.I(SanityNOTIncluded)
April 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
"I'ma dude,
playin a dude,
disguised as another dude!"

And I will probably name him after myself.

Axeliira
April 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Well, I love the girl protagonist. So totally choosing the girl. :D

I haven't decided on the name juuust yet. I named myself Megan in White, so maybe I'll be different and call myself Tasia...a variation of the name Anastasia. or if I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games still I'll name my character Primrose or Katniss. xD

NeoPsychedelia
April 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM
The guy, merely because I've chiefly played as the guy for all of my life. The girl is better in terms of design, though.

Polizard
April 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I will be a boy cause i am a boy and i will name myself George cause that is my name.

Sodapop
April 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I liked the boys sprite,So I'd choose him.

Joshawott
April 20th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I've always gone with the male character in the past, so I'll be keeping that tradition alive. I guess the reason for that is because I myself am male and so it only feels right. In all honesty, though, the boy is probably my least favourite of the male protagonists whereas the girl is my favourite of the female protagonists. That's not to say I don't like him, either... just his hair.

Venks
April 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm going to be the boy just because I've always been the boy in every Poke'mon game since the original GameBoy.

Ginji
April 21st, 2012, 12:23 AM
Black2 male
White2 female

Thats how I did it for B and W

Avishka
April 21st, 2012, 12:26 AM
i always play with a boy first and i will choose boy

GatlingIza
April 21st, 2012, 05:43 AM
I cannot choose but should do it,Black 2 with Male and White 2 Female,Reason is None.

Mentalii
April 21st, 2012, 06:53 AM
I will pick the girl, since I'm a girl, and name her after myself.

Huggie
April 21st, 2012, 06:55 AM
As always I 'll pick the female (only in leafgreen and firered I picked the boys)
and her namwill be Tanya ( my boyfriend mother's name -strange I know but I like it so much :P) or Linda ( I don't know why but this name came to my mind as soon as I saw her)

Lancelot-sama!
April 21st, 2012, 12:21 PM
Even though I'm a girl, I've mostly played as the male in the past pokemon games save for Pearl and Soul Silver. I actually really love the male's design, even though the girl's really cute. Don't have a thought on the name though, or what starter I'll choose this time.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
I said I would choose the female, but I didn't give what name I would give her. I'll probably call her either "Lisa" or "Ashley," as they've been my go-to names lately. I'm probably going to go with "Lisa" since I was "Ashley" in White.

tj4bigred
April 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
Male protagonist named Tj. Because in my life, I am a male protagonist named Tj.

I always tell myself I'll pick the female character or give myself a cool name, but I never do. Oh well.

Gothitelle.
April 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
The girl because she's got a cool design. As for names, I'm torn between Haruka, Hayfa or Haruhi.

Guy
April 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'll chose the male protagonist since I'm a guy and name him Shivi. Why? Because that's just the way I've always done it.

I won't be afraid to admit that the female protagonist has a far better design though!

Sector
April 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Well, if you knew me. I always choose girls, even though I'm a guy. :) I guess you can say I always fall for the attraction!

But I always named all my girls, 'Sector' but this time I may go differently. I am probably going to name her Octavia just because that name is BEAUTIFUL! If I were to get both, Black and White, I'd choose female again but named her either Dhianeilaor Tohsaka. Beautiful names, in my opinion!

Sheep
April 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Girl since I always pick the females (being female)... but the name's kind of foggy for me atm. >: I'll probably go with my real name or "Sheep" since I find that to be pretty adorable and have never used it before. There's lots of real worlds that I think would make fitting names for the character, so I can only wait and see what I end up going with.

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
I am going to be male because... I have always been male in the games, so why break the chain now? XD

Alli
April 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Picking the female for once! I actually prefer the female protagonist than the male. Shocking, isn't it? She has a cute design and I feel like she expresses how I am. Wear whatever the hell you want. lol I'll name her Alli or Allison because that's my favorite girl name.

FREEFIGHTER07
April 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Im ALWAYS a guy and it gets kinda boring, i'm going to switch it up a bit

XEL
April 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
I only choose the girl character on replays. Otherwise I always go with the boy since, well, since I'm a boy :P As for name, I usually just use my real name for the sake of ease.

Mr Cat Dog
April 25th, 2012, 03:18 AM
OFF TOPIC: I'm so jealous of all the in-game trainers named Jonathan.
Waitwaitwait, I've never seen any in-game trainers named Jonathan. TELL ME E-VER-Y-THING!

Maybe it's time to switch things up a bit. After nearly 15 years of playing as a male character, a little genderbending might be good for me, for whatever reason. It certainly might add a new perspective on the game. As for names, I normally just choose the default one; not creative enough to think of any, and my real name normally breaches the character limit.

Having said this, I'll probably forget the above and choose the male character out of default. Sigh...

Hikamaru
April 25th, 2012, 03:22 AM
I will pick the female Trainer as I am female in reality.

As for her name, I will continue naming her Nichole (my real name).

I will never use male Trainers in my main playthrough, the only things I genderbend with are avatars/signatures.

Since my days of Ruby, I have always picked female and they usually look better than the male.

ℓatte
April 25th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Picking the girl. Her hair kind of looks like sheep horns, so I approve. Probably going to name her Latte or Frappe like I normally do~

TheGr8
April 26th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I will also be picking the male for my main game in B2W2, it's name will either be my real name, or TheGr8. It depends on how I feel when I start the game, maybe I'll pick the girl in my other version of the game, I usually tend to do that so I can switch it up a bit.

Dakotah
April 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'm planning to pick the male character, since I do it so well in real life. ;)

Gonzo
April 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'm going to pick girl because I hate boy's hat... And she has lovely sprite.

btw, isn't she similar to Princess Leia?

StMRyEire
April 26th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna go with the guy, but knowing me, I'll probably start the game all over after a certain amount of time and pick the girl.

Gleam Noiyam
April 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
In Black 2 I'll play through as a girl because I am a girl. And since I played as the boy in Black I want to do the opposite.

In White 2 I'll play as a boy because I played as a girl in White.

ShadowStriatonTriad
April 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Female for sure. The name is undecided.

bwburke94
April 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Per personal tradition, I'll play as the boy and name myself Bwburke for my "real" run and Bwb94 for my "challenge" run.

Zayphora
April 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Girl because I am a girl, and her name will be Alika. I was Zaphora in the last game so I'm trying something new.

Incepticon
April 29th, 2012, 07:12 PM
The guy of course. I guess Cosmo will be his name. I don't even know why.

Gonzo
April 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I'm definitely picking female character because her sprite is just lovely! I'm going to name her Camilla (like I always do for female characters) because it's the name of Gonzo's hen :3

infersaime
April 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM
The boy coz I'm a boy probarly name him Dash.

Flygon-Gal
April 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Female, because I am female and name - Gina because i can't fit my full name in (Georgina)

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I always pick my own gender and call her my name :) The only games I don't do this in is the Gold/Silver series cause I love Gold lol :)

Squirrel
May 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I always pick my own gender and call her my name :) The only games I don't do this in is the Gold/Silver series cause I love Gold lol :)

Pretty much this, but replace GS with Pearl & Dawn. :3 I'll be choosing the guy A) because he's cute and B) I'd feel weird playing as a girl. xD And my character is always named Ozzy, so that tradition shall continue. c:

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Pretty much this, but replace GS with Pearl & Dawn. :3 I'll be choosing the guy A) because he's cute and B) I'd feel weird playing as a girl. xD And my character is always named Ozzy, so that tradition shall continue. c:

Haha glad someone else does something similar :) I kind of get what you mean about feeling weird :) Although having only had the male character available for the first few games I'm used to it now lol :)

Reshiram Man
May 13th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I always pick the boy because that's my gender and it would seem wierd to play the girl, even if it's just a game.

Frazzevous
May 13th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I'll be playing as a girl because I am one then I'll name her Samantha but nicknamed to Sammy -- it's my favorite name for brunettes. :3