PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] The disappointments

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 09:24 PM
So as information rushes out about Black 2 and White 2, we find out things that have probably disappointed your image of the games.

What features were you hoping to see, just to have them crushed?

I was hoping for these games to be 3DS titles outright (and given they're not the "third game", why not?!) but admittedly, they're still DSi games so I'm more than happy to snap them up.

I'm sure a fair bunch of you are sad that Pokémon still don't follow you. (Pundits like me were thinking it wouldn't happen anyway.)

Expect that more disappointments will appear over time as more news comes out… and come back here to rant about those, too!

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'll have to admit, I'm one of the many who were disappointed to see that the following feature was not brought into the games. However, I was expecting this to be likely, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Another thing I would have liked, was for contests to be brought back. & Instead it looks like we have a movie film business thing going on, which only looks slightly more interesting than Musicals.

I'm sure there were some slight disappointments I could pick up so far, but these are the only two that I would say bothers me the most? I could be forgetting something, but as more news comes along I'll just see.

Cassino
April 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Not being 3DS titles is my only major chagrin; Crystal was on the GBC in its time, not to mention that the DS is about eight years old.

Cello
April 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I'm definitely disappointed about it not being on the 3DS, especially after I purchased one thinking that the next games to come out would be on it. GF was one of the first companies to receive development tools for the system and they were bragging about doing great things with it.
I know they'll eventually be on there, but yeah.

It's a little hard to determine what i'm disappointed about at the moment about the games, but i'd have to say that the male character, though that's another thread.
I would have liked to see pokemon following me again, but it's not really hurting my thoughts on B2/W2.

Team Fail
April 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I'm disappointed that there aren't 3DS exclusive features- it'd be awesome to see the Hiougi Town lookout in 3D, but if they don't improve the C-Gear, I'll be sad.

Oh and that red in the Pokedex is ugly js

Wings Don't Cry
April 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'm kind of glad they didn't bring back the Pokemon following you feature. If they keep using it, the feature just won't feel special anymore. The only disappointment for me so far is that they replaced Professor Juniper.

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me. :)

Jellicent♀
April 13th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Eevee. Legit, that's my main disappointment over this entire game. Like, I HATE that they brought that little gremlin back. I do wish that they don't add TOO many of the old Pokemon into the game, but, of course knowing them, they will (For crying out loud, Metagross is what, #252 in the dex?).

C Payne
April 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm disappointed that there aren't 3DS exclusive features- it'd be awesome to see the Hiougi Town lookout in 3D,

I know right? Wasn't something said about the Company or something wanting to keep DS owners in mind a little longer yet also show off with the 3DS or something(don't quote me)?

Might have missread something somewhere but I think this would have been a perfect opportunity to add in some 3DS exclusive features while still keeping them mainly DS games. If these are going to be the last games of gen 5, mixing 3(DS) would have been a nice way to go out 'with a bang'.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Can't say I'm too disappointed with much right now. Its going pretty much how I've pictured since the revealing of the two Kyurem Forms and the Sequel status. Gotta say I'm impressed with some of the changes. Still early though.

Kenshin5
April 13th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm disappointed there's old Pokemon back in Unova. I'm sick of them, I want just Unova Pokemon! But otherwise everything is pretty good for me. :)
Pretty much this^. Even if it is a fan service move to quell peoples complaining about how there is no old pokemon(prior to getting past Elite Four & N Castle) I still don't think they should have went through with it. There is going to be complaining regardless. If they want to have old pokemon in every aspect play the other games or wait post main story, or have someone trade you them. Too me it detracts from the uniqueness & freshness that BW established with no old pokes within the main story.

Yuoaman
April 13th, 2012, 11:21 PM
The region map. WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE IN THE NORTH AND EAST? ARE THEY FROZEN? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE.

Yeah.

PlatinumDude
April 13th, 2012, 11:54 PM
My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.

Blue
April 14th, 2012, 03:52 AM
The only problem I have currently is as stated previously there is no follow-me feature returning, this would look great in these games but other than that there are no problems so far.

Mew~
April 14th, 2012, 03:56 AM
What I'm mainly disappointed at right now is that it doesn't really seem too much like a new game. The pallets and tiles (idk what would be the right word to use) don't look much different, I was expecting some sort of revamp. But right now it just looks like Black and White with extra cities and features. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still very excited and will be buying both for sure!

Railgun
April 14th, 2012, 05:58 AM

I think only have unova Pokemon is why most people hate them. They got sick of the unova ones since there was not a good selection. It was fine for the first BW but i'm glad they added new ones like Eevee and stuff

My only disappointment so far is the design of the male character, particularly his hair. I seriously thought that he was the female character, until the scan was fully revealed.

Whats wrong with his hair? I have seen people with that kind of hair. Not sure why people think its odd

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 14th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I'd say the male character except I don't really give a rip what he looks like since I always choose the girl.

I don't like that a good part of the region is gone.

There are certain Pokemon families (the one ending in "chu" being the worst, but also many of the old dog-based Pokemon as well) that if they do show up in the Unova Pokedex, I will not be a happy camper.

On the other hand, if certain other species don't show up (Meowth line and Flygon line in particular) I'll be disappointed at their absence.

Mr. Magius
April 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I'm only happy that the games aren't on 3DS because I haven't picked up a 3DS yet. xD
Seems to me like their saving their new 3DS Pokémon engine for the Generation III remakes?

Otherwise, like many others, the Follow Me feature is my main disappointment. I really wanted to see 5th Generation Pokémon behind me. If anything, I hope Game Freak has chosen to hide that feature in the screenshots, as a cruel teaser. >.>

For the most part, I expected a lot less from these games. I wasn't expecting them to be in the future of their prequels, or have to have new characters, new places, etc. I'm hyped!

Shiny Celebi
April 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Im dissapointed as well in the fact that old Pokemon are back, I feel this would make people sideline 5th gen Pokemon in favor of older ones. Thats really my only complaint.

giradialkia
April 14th, 2012, 10:00 AM
To be honest, I'm not disappointed about anything yet, and I've a feeling I won't be. The fact that we get sequels, after over ten years without them (RBY > GSC), I'm ecstatic. The fact that GSC were sequels to RBY kinda set that in my mind, and so I was disappointed when RSE didn't continue the Tohjo storyline. While Unova is unrelated to Tohjo, I don't care, I'm delighted that they're sequels full stop. I also don't care that they're not 3DS titles, seeing as I haven't got a 3DS and have neither the means nor desire to buy one any time soon.

droomph
April 14th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I'm not disappointed! In fact, I'm really looking forward to this as now I'm starting to like the "Unova-crappy-style" Pokémon and then they add in old Pokés OMGOMGOMGOMG And the 3DS thing is fine with me because that gives me more time to get money together and buy one :)

The only thing is that I'm afraid it's gonna be a huge letdown. But let's not talk about that.

WasSollDas
April 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Same here ^^;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.

IcyIce
April 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I am really glad it isn't 3DS. I didn't want to have to buy a 3DS just to play them exspecly sense i just for DSiXL last year right before the BW came out. I am not really disappointed in anything. I am really intersted in the cops blocking the persons path in Nimbasa thought. I wish the following feature had come back,but it didn't really matter one way or the other.

I didn't like that there is only 1 main Rival that we know of. And I am kinda mad becaus ethey went back to the girly girl look on the female after haveing the other girl in BW

Ooka
April 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Not disappointed about anything aside from the male hero design. I'm glad there will be old pokes in, glad it's on DS (I don't own a 3DS), glad there's no follow feature. But seriously, the male hero just seems to get less and less manly with each generation, while the female gets more and more girly (I just might end up using the female, and I never do). Moar Kanto plz.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Saccitysaleen/FireRed_LeafGreen_Red.png

Railgun
April 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Same here ^^;; Really, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male character: "oh, so we can't play as the boy?......WHAT?!"

If we really couldn't play as the male character, there would be riots going around right now.

So boys always have to have short is that what your all saying?

Noah Ridgewood
April 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Okay Ashley, we get it. You really like his hair. :P

Toshiro.
April 14th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Really hate the fact that old pokemon are being encountered in these games. Unova is supposed to be far away from the other regions, meaning all other pokemon from other regions shouldnt be encounterable. Idk, that just bugs me.

Also no follow me feature annoys me.

Raichupacabra
April 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
My only disappointment is the fact that I only get one rival. Two rivals added much more story to the original BW.

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
One of the few things that I would be disappointed by is if they don't fix the really pixelly problem during battles. That really got to me in Black and White. I was really hoping for Black and White 2 to be on the 3DS. But who knows?! Maybe there will be "Pokemon Black and White 3D"

Twilight-kun
April 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I hate the male's hair
I'm so happy its a DS title, now I don't have to get $250 for a 3DS (add tax and game and it gets expensive...)

and dear lord the Rival looks like someone out of Dragon Ball Z

also, no following=good thing

Keep my pokemon in their pokeballs where they belong unless I need to battle someone

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Well, I mean... you only had one rival in the rest of the other games. I'm kinda happy that there is only one rival because that way, Cheren isn't coming up to you every time you go to a new Route and challenge you to a battle.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
April 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.

Stormbringer
April 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM
The fact that they aren't exclusively 3DS games, and by the male trainer's/Evil Prof's really dumb haircut & design are my complaints, lol.

Mr. Magius
April 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Watching the new Pokémon Smash, I'm actually kind of disappointed that Game Freak chose to stick with the EXACT same music for regular battles and whatnot. Maybe what I was hearing was just a demo, but I would prefer to have remixed tracks, because those tracks DO get old.

I'm being picky, but c'mon, we have two whole new sequels that are set in the future ;-;

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD

Xander Olivieri
April 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
My disappointment is the new male hero's appearance. I'm glad it's not for 3DS (I don't understand why others want a 3DS exclusive Gen 5 game. I can't even afford or save up money for something almost $300). I'm also disappointed that the Vs. Seeker option is not there for certain trainers that power up in team and levels after the main story. And Prof. Juniper is replaced!? Why replace the only female Professor? I DEFINITELY LIKE to see older Pokemon in the main story because forcing players to go through it with only Unova pokemon is infuriating. But having older Pokemon in the regional Pokedex means that the Battle Subway Normal lines will have older pokemon in the rosters, right? If the Battle Subway is left unchanged, I'll be the most disappointed player yet.

1: 3DS is $170...not almost 300. 3DS cost as much as an iXL.
2: Haven't gotten far enough to rule VS Seeker out so still hope for that.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
April 14th, 2012, 08:27 PM
^ Well, still, I can't afford or save up that much money for it.
And hopefully, they'll add the Vs. Seeker option. It will be a major disappointment to only grind by Audino-hunting and Elite 4 over and over again.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I love how everyone hates how the characters look, not how the actual game looks. XD
Because the games look flippin' awesome!

At first I wasn't that disappointed when hearing that the game wouldn't be made for the 3DS because for one I don't own one, and I didn't really care about it much. But seeing the trailer/gameplay just makes me wonder how it would all look on a 3DS with the 3D features. & I would imagine it to look amazing. :[

Hikamaru
April 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Yes my only disappointment is only having one rival. It feels weird travelling with only one person and I'd like a male and female companion. Why can't the rival be female?

I also hope we see the other protagonist along the way. I'd be disappointed if we don't.

Yeah, I hope the other protagonist serves a role as a professor's assistant or something.

I don't want this to be like FR/LG, where one protagonist doesn't appear at all...

I enjoyed B/W cos of the two rivals thing.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Well having the same starters was kind of a letdown but at the very least this gives me a valid enough excuse to go with Oshawott now seeing how I already used Tepig once before and Snivy is rather underwhelming from what I've seen, not expecting Samurott to be as great as some of my friends put it out to be though but if I can get the TM for Swords Dance I can make a pretty effective wallbreaker with Aqua Jet, Megahorn, and Hydro Pump if I do say so myself but again I'm not getting my hopes up that much atm.

That and Kyurem still retaining its Dragon/Ice typing regardless of what form it changes into makes me a tad sad.

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM
The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.

C Payne
April 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I was actually expecting to hear about a Dark-type gym leader, instead of a water one(poison is a nice surprise though), but I guess we can wait because we still don't know too much.

The only thing I didn't like about the two rival thing in Black and White was that they were constantly battling you (which got annoying) and that Cheren was much much stronger than Bianca.

It would be a nice change of pace at having a real competitive female (main) rival for once, tbh.

Killjoy
April 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I excitement far outweighs my disappointment! But the lack of Follow-me feature does disappoint me a little. Everything else, I can live with!

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
The Follow-me feature was...okay for me in Heart gold and Soul Silver. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when ever I pressed A on my Pokemon, it would have a sad face alot and I would be like..."WHAT DID I DO WRONG?" Also, it got a bunch of useless items for the contests that I never did.

bwburke94
April 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.

Mr. Magius
April 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
This is the disappointment thread, not the follow-me thread. The only problem I have right now is the name "Akuroma". Seriously, how obviously evil is this guy?Yes, and people consider the lack of Follow Me to be a disappointment...
Akuroma definitely sounds and LOOKS evil (reminds me of Elpizo from Mega Man Zero 2 or Dr. Weil from the series), but we'll have to see his English name, since I have no idea what connotations on a Japanese name looks like. xD

hey! You never know, there are plenty of rivals in games that look really evil but are good in the end.Akuroma isn't a rival, is he? He's a Professor.
"He researches Pokémon strength and is experimenting on something to do with the dormant abilities of Pokémon."
Well if he's experimenting on Pokémon, I don't think that's a good thing..

Asuf
April 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm dissapointed its not on 3DS, I've been waiting for a 3D Pokemon adventure (other then Super Pokemon Rumble, I enjoyed it though). Older GEN Pokemon appearing is a bit confusing since none have appeared in Black until the east side was opened up to us, but hey, anything can happen in the space of 2 years... Hero's design isn't all that in my opinion, in fact the only Hero designs I've liked are Red, Gold/Ethan and Brenden, the rest I dislike, especially Lucas.

Atomic Pirate
April 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
The male protagonist looks like a transvestite with his sickening leggings and awful pants. The jewfro guy should have been the male protagonist. I'm a bit biased on this, though, considering I actually have a jewfro in real life.

Bobbyman46
April 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...

Atomic Pirate
April 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Well the character is only a smart part of the game. I probably will play as the male character because he gets a higher chance of getting Male pokemon, So I can have a team of male. But I do agree that the main characters don't look...the greatest...

The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.

Bobbyman46
April 17th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Yes, he does look a bit...stupid. But I bet you can barely notice it when your actually playing the game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 17th, 2012, 05:17 PM
The part about the male protagonist that bothers me the most is... well... everything, actually. His hair looks like crap, his visor cap is stupid, his tights are just weird, his V-neck is awful, he's too short, and his eyes are the biggest I've ever seen on a Pokemon character.
Well the girl has pretty big eyes as well...both of them have the biggest eyes yet in the franchise...

Killjoy
April 17th, 2012, 08:09 PM
The only really thing I can think of it that they haven't done anything to pull back the screen, so the back sprites are still all pixilated. Hopefully fixed for next generation

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
While I do notice the pixellation, I don't really see a technique that would improve it other than rendering three different back sprite sets for them to deal with the multiple sizes. Even if they pulled the view back or rearranged the Pokémon locations, you'd see pixels at one point or another.

Livewire_
April 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Right now, the only real disappointment I have is that they're not 3DS titles. :/

April 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm disappointed by the lack of no following feature and that this game isn't in the 3ds...though this being a true sequel makes up for that ^_^.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Right now, the only real disappointment I have is that they're not 3DS titles. :/

On the "bright" side, it's easy to pirate as a result and those people who are stuck with a DS don't need to deal with region locking.

Screw that, I want my SpotPass.

Andrew McKenzie
April 17th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Actually, I'm quite glad that it's not on 3DS. The latest handheld I own is a DS Lite.
I would upgrade to 3DS but there aren't enough games out on it that I'm interested in and forking out money for a new handheld for just one game is a waste of money in my opinion.

The onyl gripe I have is that they still haven't implemented following Pokémon again since HG/SS. Oh well...

NatureKeeper
April 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
It isn't 3D. If it were, I would've told them to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. But, no, we need to get stuck with 2004 Graphics, crappy texturing and 2D pixelated sprites when tryingto make a psuedo 3D engine. This is truly the only disappointment- Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 look like they are DESIGNED for the 3DS- with the StreetPass-like features, the good implementation of 3D and so on. And getting Gift Cards through SpotPass would be NEAT.

Alli
April 18th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I'm only disappointed that the follow-me feature didn't seem to make a return. :/ I wanted Petilil following me dang it. But I'll survive... :( :( :(

;________________________;

No I won't.

Tropical Sunlight
April 18th, 2012, 05:48 AM
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\

Forever
April 18th, 2012, 06:00 AM
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\

I was also disappointed, but only because I wanted them to start with new starters (aka new Pokemon) rather than B/W's. :( But oh well! Better than past generation Pokemon imo.

LightOfTruth
April 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
My disappointment is original pokemon in the game, If I want a Zubat I will play Heartgold :(

Mr. Magius
April 18th, 2012, 11:00 AM
The biggest disappointment so far, for me, is that they kept the Unova starters to begin with. :\I'm kind of disappointed by this as well, but it makes every bit of sense for Game Freak to keep the same starters since it's still Generation V. My main reason for disappointment is the fact that I hated the Unova starters to begin with... (well, I agreed with Tepig)

HyperXhydra
April 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
If N doesn't appear in this game, It will be a little disappointment.

Bobbyman46
April 18th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well if there weren't original pokemon in the game, it would be kinda boring since you would only have the new ones and the pokedex would even be that big.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
About the starters, it's kinda of a dilemma for me. No, I didn't really like the starters they had in B/W, but at the same time, if I was asked to choose a different set of three starters for the game (just based on the Unova Pokedex), I probably wouldn't be able to do that either.

One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.

Kaori
April 18th, 2012, 03:15 PM
If N doesn't appear in this game, It will be a little disappointment.
If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.

Hikamaru
April 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
If N doesn't appear in these games I will be very disappointed. v_v But if GF can make it up with an even greater plot/storyline, I'll be fine.

Yeah, N is such an amazing character. He made a huge impact on the series IMO.

Killjoy
April 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
While I do notice the pixellation, I don't really see a technique that would improve it other than rendering three different back sprite sets for them to deal with the multiple sizes. Even if they pulled the view back or rearranged the Pokémon locations, you'd see pixels at one point or another.

I just assumed they would set it so that the screen would just stay pulled out when not attacking, so you see the whole pokemon in the frame.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1f/Spr_b_5b_612.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_b_5b_612.png)
But ya, It's not completely necessary.

Livewire_
April 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
One of my big disappointments is the fact that we now have yet another shirtless Gym leader (the water dude). Bare chests in Pokemon games is something I haven't particularly cared for since Bruno.

If we were talking about Cynthia or Flannery this would be a totally different story.

I would actually rather that the trainers with nothing to flaunt should really keep their clothes on.

Forever
April 22nd, 2012, 03:56 AM
About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :x

Mr. Magius
April 22nd, 2012, 04:08 AM
About the shirtless thing, sure it's kinda disappointing that they didn't put more clothes on him especially because of his weird tan, but tbh I'd be more disappointed if they didn't... since like, he's the water leader and all, plus the region seems water based etc. :xThe region seems water based? How so? o:

garjora
April 22nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
The only disappointment for me so far is the male protagonist.

Forever
April 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
The region seems water based? How so? o:

This thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278039) would cover the explanation. :3

Also at this point I'm still kinda disappointed that we don't have much information right now, I mean I'd have expected more by now. :(

kingofbluesteel
April 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
i wish it was on 3ds, lol i wish they would my both 3ds and ds versions but the 3ds one come out like a month sooner, but then gf would have alot of pissed off fans

dreamcatcher
April 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I'm actually kind of glad BW2 aren't coming out on the 3DS, cause I still don't have one and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon. Cause I gots no money and I'm pretty content with my DSi even if the camera doesn't work. :)

Hikomi Yuuki
April 22nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
I'm actually disappointed about the fact that old pokemons are returning early. Take away the whole isolated effects surrounding Unova. Seeing Zubat in Chargestone cave ruin my fun...:(
And I agree with some that the new protag designs are just awful...

Mr. Magius
April 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
This thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278039) would cover the explanation. :3

Also at this point I'm still kinda disappointed that we don't have much information right now, I mean I'd have expected more by now. :(Ah, well nice observations! :D

..And I know! The game's released in a few months and we have already anything :-( Hats off to Game Freak, though, for concealing it so well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.

Celestis
April 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
I was hoping the next Pokemon game would be a 3DS exclusive game, but sadly its only getting some perks. I do hope one of those perks will be wide screen on the top.

I was also hoping they would bring back the First party Pokemon follow you again. Always thought that was neat.

Also, The appearance of older gen Pokemon suddenly showing up is kinda saddening. Yeah we will be able to play with some of out older favorites, but it takes away the isolation effect. I hope they have at least a good reason for it.

And lastly, the male characters hair is wack, if that's even a cool word to use any more. Not really a disappointment, just kinda looks funny.

Hikamaru
April 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm OK with the game being released on DS, it seems like Nintendo/Game Freak are showing respect for Pokemon players who don't have a 3DS yet.

The male protagonist's hair was something I didn't like but I'm OK with that, and I play as a female Trainer in every game anyway. The female protagonist in this game is really cute by the way.

So yeah, only disappointment was the male protagonist's hair.

Bluerang1
April 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
The male protagonist's right arm placement. Like who does that?

I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.

Forever
April 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Growlithe/Arcanine in the dex this time around. They were actually my least favorite Pokemon for a while (due to my fear/allergies/dislike of dogs) until Pikachu took over that top spot.

I'm actually dissatisfied with the revealed "old" Pokemon thus far... the only ones I would bother with would be Eevee (assuming I could evolve it into Jolteon in fairly short order), and the Beldum line.

I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x

LoveableMew
April 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 won't be released on 3DS because the first games are on the regular DS. It would be a dumb move to have the sequels on the 3DS and not have them on the DS. 2nd. A lot more people have the DS than the 3DS. The sequels will still be playable on the 3DS so I don't know why anyone on the net complains. Plus one can assume they are hinting at a possible Pokemon 3DS game with the stuff they plan on releasing on the eshop. Hopefully that clears that up ^.^

Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Now the only disappointment so far is not being able to transfer data from the first games onto the sequels.

Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.

Kaori
April 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
I'm also disappointed in old Pokemon appearing in the main storyline but I guess since Unova is bigger, it fits.
I'm finding it really strange that people are actually disappointed with older Pokémon returning. Last time I checked, earlier on people were complaining that the Unova Pokémon got really boring and previous Pokémon should have been included. u_u Well we've pretty much experienced the Unova Pokémon fairly well, and to have them in the games again without the others would be bland, to be honest. We've seen these Pokémon many times, and sure we've seen the others many times as well, but to include them would be a given so the games don't get too boring (aside from the storyline). Plus who really wants to deal with trading to get more of the old Pokémon into Unova? :[

I'm actually not disappointed by those. As far as I remember, Unova doesn't have that many useful physical fire types so thats a good thing tbh. I'll be disappointed in a lack of water ones though since Unova has not many at all :x
If there aren't a lot of Water Pokémon included, I'm going to be disappointed too. They're my favorite types! n__n

Huggie
April 23rd, 2012, 02:51 AM
The only disappointment I have is the one I had since G/S/C came out...I just wish they would continue to add a second region as in crystal. After Johto you could go to Kanto. Why not travelling between regions in the followin games? I really think that black/white 2 should give us the opportunity to visit another region.

gunnerpow7
April 23rd, 2012, 03:27 AM
The only dissapointment I have is the game intro. It is like... umm... HG/SS theme with a hint of R/S/E music... And if you would noticed in the intro.. the pokeballs are 3D.... That's all... I like B/W's better tbh...

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
YES I feel the same gunner. :( When I saw the intro I was really disappointed. I think B/W just set me up for disappointment, since I really expected B2W2's to be amazing, but yeah idk doesn't really seem exciting at all, and is kinda taking a step back imo.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

Dark Breloom
April 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
No complaints atm. This game lets me use pokemon I actually like to look at while not having to a buy a handheld I don't want.

Also, I don't understand why everyone hates the male protagonist. N has green hair and a ponytail and everyone loves him.

But why did it have to be the DOG based ones... why not Ponyta/Rapidash or something not based on an animal that, you know, has tried to slaughter me before?

Seriously, if they show up and the Meowth line DOESN'T show up, I'm not going to be a very happy camper.

So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 23rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
So, uh, if I'm correct, just because you're afraid of domesticated dogs they can't have a pokemon based on a dog in the game? I'm pretty sure GF isn't picking the pokemon based on preference between cats and dogs.

Also, I kind of doubt that a dog has tried to slaughter you, unless of course you maybe pissed off some highly trained Rottweiler or you decided to go pet a wolf in the forest.
Um, they can throw in whatever the heck they want to. Doesn't mean I have to LIKE every one they do decide to put in there. And it certainly doesn't mean YOU have the right to say I can't have an opinion on it or that I can't express that opinion.

And every time they've introduced a dog and a cat Pokemon in the same generation, which one has always had the better stats? I call bias.

And you've never met that really nasty dog that my one relative used to have. That thing attacked EVERYONE. So much so that a neighbor had to take care of it during an attack.

Ahem, apologies for that diversion from the topic at hand. Back on topic, if what's being speculated in the "Water Theme" threrad is true, I'm going to be quite disappointed if there's an abundance of water like in a certain also region.

And I was also hoping they'd put those awful Musicals to rest permanently.

Ash
April 23rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands. I don't want to disappoint myself before I even pick up the game. So other than the male protagonist's hair I'm not really disappointed in anything. Old Pokemon coming back? Cool. Might be a little early for some but... I don't care. I can complain about that when I get the game. However, if more water types come into the game because of it then I'm not going to see it as much of a disappointment.

Just my two cents.

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
To be quite honest? I'm not going to start complaining until I have the game in my hands.

This really.
I was, personally, let down by B&W because I just really didn't get into it at all. Maybe it was just down to my personal preferences and not liking Pokemon as much anymore, but I still feel it just didn't hold as much punch as the previous versions.

Anyway, I am going to reserve judgement before attacking it.

LoveableMew
April 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Well I dunno I didn't really expect that in the first place. What'd you mean by that, anyways? Save files? Don't know how that'd work out 2 years later. XD; Certainly didn't expect that, so ya. Maybe you can transfer things in other ways, or at least at minimum transfer the Pokemon at leasttt.

Basically yes saved files from either Black or White. It would of been interesting to see.

Sector
April 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
People will be disappointed and excited for varies reasons. I on the other hand, don't ask for much from this game other than play an exciting storyline, which I also expect!

Gym Leaders? I expect them all to be different, doesn't hurt to be the same. Although I do want to see an appearance of Elesa and maybe Skyla SOMEWHERE!

Pokemon- I do believe there will be many, many, MANY return of past generation Pokemon in Black/White 2. The version differences may play a huge role. (Like Vulpix available in one, Growlithe in another for instance) Which can be a plus. I'm not sure how the fusion of Kyurem with Reshiram/Zekrom will turn out though. I have a gut feeling saying disappointments will occur here.

Disappointed as I once was for Black and White, I hope they can fix disappointments for Gym Re-Matches! Better bring those back!

Quixote
April 30th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Am I the only person in the world who prefers the BW2 male design over the first one?

Nothing is disappointing me yet... except lack of information haha.

Gonzo
April 30th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I'm disappointed because of lack of following Pokemon and the design of male character. I didn't like female protagonist until I saw her sprite which is lovely.

Mr Cat Dog
May 2nd, 2012, 03:00 AM
I was expecting it as soon as it was announced, but I'm still slightly disappointed that BW2 will still be set in Unova. It probably is my least favourite out of all the regions, so it's a slight disappointment that these games will be set there, as much sense as it does make.

Forever
May 2nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
I was expecting it as soon as it was announced, but I'm still slightly disappointed that BW2 will still be set in Unova. It probably is my least favourite out of all the regions, so it's a slight disappointment that these games will be set there, as much sense as it does make.

I'm kinda disappointed about that too because mostly I wanted a brand new region :x I'd still rather it was Unova than any other region actually. XD;

Also CatDog you suck, Unova is amazing.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 2nd, 2012, 06:54 AM
I'm disappointed because I didn't see Cilan in the previews.:cer_cry: Also, I'm disappointed that Vulpix isn't included as a wild Pokemon (since they are putting Pokemon from previous generations in Unova for who knows why...)I was also hoping for some voicing.

Kaori
May 2nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
I'm kinda disappointed about that too because mostly I wanted a brand new region :x I'd still rather it was Unova than any other region actually. XD;

Also CatDog you suck, Unova is amazing.
I'm glad it's set in Unova, I mean they might as well make it the 6th generation if it was set in a new region. Plus we already have new protagonists and a new professor so if it was set in another region too, what could possibly make them sequels?

I'm disappointed in the lack of news we're receiving to be honest! Next month the games hit Japan!

Aquarius1997
May 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
I think a month ago a dude posted a rumor on pokejungle stating that there will be new starters. Even though i knew it was fake i still was pumped to find out that BW2 DID have new starters.

Once i sam the promotion video and that the protangonist was battling with one of the old unova starters i was VERY disapponted

apahllo
May 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
how can people be disappointed about old pokemon being brought in? DO YOU LIKE SETTLING FOR MEDIOCRE REPEATS?!
i really hope gamefreak step up to the plate and make a good game. i like the fact that pokemon like growlithe and magby are being introduced in the start of the game instead of the end.

the only disappointment i see hitting my heart is the play value after the elite 4. in B/W it was mediocre, but better than most. i fully believe this game will not live up to the hype i have for it. (if it does...i will be all over this forum praising it);)

tj4bigred
May 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Black and White 2 are a going away present for the DS. The 6th generation games will be the first mainseries games on 3DS. Still, I'm disappointed I can't see 3D Pokemon.

I'm also disappointed I in the male protagonist. He seems a little funky.

bwburke94
May 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM
@tj4: That's what the Pokédex 3D update is for.

Forever
May 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
IN NEW DISAPPOINTMENTS, I'm disappointed Cheren hasn't made more of himself from the looks of it, and Thundurus' new forme--so much potential! :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 13th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Cheren being the FIRST Gym Leader, of all the Gym Leader positions.

Also, if Red shows his face at this world tournament thing, that's going to be a game disappointment that could convince me not to get the game at all.

Kaori
May 13th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Going with the two above unfortunately, I really expected more from Cheren. I mean I guess it was okay that he started off by being the first Gym Leader (who knows how difficult it is to get the spot?), but...Patrat.

mateidobrescu
May 13th, 2012, 06:59 AM
@Forever
How can you say those words.Kanto pokemons are clasic.Jhoto brings the N in NEW.Hoenn bought you the land,the sea and the sky.And Sinnoh gae you the entire legend.Unoa is just another page of the story.Gen I-IV pokemons disere their place in this game.

Kaori
May 17th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I'm so disappointed we haven't seen Ghetsis yet! They've shown N and Team Plasma, but where's Ghetsis? u_u

Forever
May 17th, 2012, 03:32 AM
@Forever
How can you say those words.Kanto pokemons are clasic.Jhoto brings the N in NEW.Hoenn bought you the land,the sea and the sky.And Sinnoh gae you the entire legend.Unoa is just another page of the story.Gen I-IV pokemons disere their place in this game.

Well I dunno, I prefer Unova Pokemon and I've just had the others for so long that I'm over them. :(

@Kaori: I'm glad Ghetsis hasn't made an appearance, since right now it's basically bringing back almost everyone from B/W and thus will eventually make B2W2 look superior.

Bethanie
May 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
]I was hoping for these games to be 3DS titles]

Let's not forget, this Nintendo, not Apple.
DSes(?) are expensive, so if they make it for all DS systems, they'll sell more copies.

Team Fail
May 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
I was hoping for these games to be 3DS titles outright (and given they're not the "third game", why not?!) but admittedly, they're still DSi games so I'm more than happy to snap them up.

Same here. It'd be nice to have one of the main-series games in real 3D.

Plus, the lack of the follow-me feature and the fact that your Start menu/X Menu isn't constantly on the touch screen like it is on HGSS. And the automatic running shoes.

KingCyndaquil
May 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
my only disappointments have to be Cheren not in the E4 (for goodness sakes he beat all of them, and could probably hold his own against Alder) and that there is no follow me feature! I really hope its put in as an option or something.

Forever
May 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
my only disappointments have to be Cheren not in the E4 (for goodness sakes he beat all of them, and could probably hold his own against Alder) and that there is no follow me feature! I really hope its put in as an option or something.

Well we don't know if he stays as a gym leader throughout the whole game, he could always fill in as the elite four at the end. So chances are it may not end up being a disappointment. ;)

Stormbringer
May 22nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
I kinda assummed that Cheren would take over as Champion for Alder at some point.

The fact that they aren't 3DS games, some character designs, and the lack of the follow me feature are really my only qualms I have with the games right now. You can only say so much without playing them.

Ash
May 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Disappointments? I don't have those until I start playing the game. I don't see why I would want to disappoint myself before playing the game. I might do it so much that I might not want to play it. It took a promo to get me to want to play it. Disappointments will just cause me to not want to play it and so until I play the game I have virtually none except for say... the male's hair. But that's something I'll get used to over time.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
June 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I think I may have found a new potential disappointment... the possibility of facing ONLY Unova pokemon again in the Battle Subway...

June 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM
^Aren't there super trains this time or did they get rid of them...
Also since they added non Unovan Pokemon to the Unova dex I doubt there's going to be much of a problem with that.

For me...well I don't really have one other than Akuroma being evil...that was a little to obvious for me.

Xander Olivieri
June 24th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Guys...Ya'll missed the deadline to revive by two days. Can't revive thread a month dead.

For shame on you....for shame.