PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Rival name?

Forever
April 13th, 2012, 09:40 PM
So from the name of the rival being "rival" that kinda indicates that we'll get to name him (or most likely will), so this thread is for the what if! What will/would you name your rival and why? :3 ...since chances are we'll get to name him.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
We've been able to name our Rivals up until B/W. As for a name...he feels Devlin to me~ So may name him Devlin.

Cello
April 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Di-.... Yikes, i'm not on 4chan.
Uhh, I would probably name him something wrong, but as far as safe names go i'd probably name him something unfitting like "Randall" or "Jerry."
Something that sounds very nonthreatening in an attempt to make his "Lets get angry" motto laughable.

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Get to Rival name screen. Write "Di--" Press OK. Use default name.

When I'm in the mood (or, say, start over again), I may end up giving him a name of one of my friends.

Jellicent♀
April 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Maybe something rich sounding. He seems like he'd be somewhat wealthy. So...maybe something like Donald, or Max, like Maximillion? No idea. Maybe Bono. Mainly because that word annoys me and it'd give me great pleasure to defeat someone with that named.
"Rival Bono was defeated!"
Yeah, that has a nice ring to it.
Bono it is, then.

KingCyndaquil
April 14th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I think i'll name him Tyson, favorite character from BeyBlade :D

Oryx
April 14th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Probably will use the default name. I want to remember it and I have no real reason to name him anything else lmao.

RedJ
April 14th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Grey

Hmm, I dunno. I usually don't decide on the rival name until the name menu pops up, but I'll probably go with Grey a default name.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 14th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe we won't get to name our rival, I mean we disn't get this Option for Bianca or Cheren :(
But if we can I'll name his Grey, or keep the default name if I like it.

King Goodra
April 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I'm going to name him Nick for obvious reasons!

porkcrapper
April 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM
i so hope we can name him...
for me, it's boober all the way:
"Trainer Boober wants a battle!"

Archenoth
April 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
In R/B/Y, I always named my Rival "I" for some odd reason, and that name is strangely nostalgic now...

In G/S/C, I named my Rival "Zaphod", and that has recently been done for HG/SS.

In Emerald, I never got to name my rival.

In Platinum, I named my Rival "Steef" after a good friend of mine...

I have no idea what I'll name this one, it will depend what he acts like during the first meet up with him. (I don't know, and would rather not know until I actually play the game) If he is nice, I'll probably name him after a friend, if he is harsh to some degree, I'll probably come up with a harsher sounding name.

I won't name him like 4chan names things though. (I know a Bidoof named "Handjob" for instance)

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
If there is a default name then I'll use that, otherwise I'll just be creative and use a name that suits his persona.

deoxys121
April 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
It was shown in the gameplay on Pokemon Smash that we apparently get to name our rival. However, I'll probably go with the default name for my rival. I know, I'm boring. So, my rivals' names that I've been able to name were Gary, Silver, and Barry.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Darkness
If the game allows it.

chaos11011
April 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Anyone who names their rival anything but Mr. Pineco Head is wrong.

Use Pineco to bypass 7 char limit.

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 08:40 PM
His battle theme reminds me of a Megaman game,s o I'm on the fence about naming him Megaman. My choices now are Bono and Megaman. I almost wish they decided a name for us, that way it wouldn't be too hard to name him! ;;

gunnerpow7
April 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I would name him... Atsuki. It was literally the first name that comes into my mind...lol

Asuf
April 15th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I shall name him Shepard I guess. (antagonist from MW2)

Livewire_
April 15th, 2012, 09:41 PM

I'm so glad that you think of me as your superior, nicky.

MAYBE I'LL NAME MINE NICK TOO, OR MAYBE RYAN OR HARRY.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm naming him Vanitas since well that's the first thing to come to mind really and I figure why the hell not.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 16th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure yet, but chances are it'll be some generic boy's name, perhaps taken from a relative I don't get along with too well. That way I'll have few qualms about throttling him in combat, lol

I'm kinda past the stage of giving him an offensive/insulting name xD

ShadowE
April 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I always call my rival after the most hated PS3 player in my life...
Why? cause that guy made me piss MW3 off...

Trask3000
April 17th, 2012, 03:20 AM
His battle theme reminds me of a Megaman game,s o I'm on the fence about naming him Megaman. My choices now are Bono and Megaman. I almost wish they decided a name for us, that way it wouldn't be too hard to name him! ;;

Well I won't go with Bono but I must admit it reminds me of Megaman. So maybe Chaud from the Battle Network Series or Geo from the Starforce Series but I think the name Chaud is pretty awesome and my preferred choice.

Zephele
April 17th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Seeing as I don't have any sort of standard name for the rival characters, I do hope that he's given a default one.
Otherwise, I'll probably just choose the name of a friend of mine. Or whatever comes to mind when the menu pops up, I guess.

Aussie Riolu
April 17th, 2012, 05:02 AM
In the Japanese version, I'll be calling my rival: コーディ (Cody). I dunno why, a friend of mine suggested it and I like it. In the English version, I'll probably pick a default name or something.

Mew~
April 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I'll probably name him whatever his actual name is, that's what I've usually done. If it isn't revealed or known by the time I play the game I'll probably think of something lame on the spot.

Twiggy
April 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I'll probably name him the default name if available. If not, I think I might want to recycle a name from a list of preset names for past protagonists :P

Neon Shades
April 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I'm not sure, maybe Baka, Dumbass, or something 4chan-ey like this
Or maybe the default name

GatlingIza
April 21st, 2012, 06:13 AM
I use default name or "Adell" protagonist from Disgaea 2 the reason is I Miss that game! :(
meh.... i still can play Pokemon Black & White 2 Soon!
:D

mirceabest
April 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM
His name will be Andrei (my best friend's name). I named every rival like this so it's like a tradition. But I don't know if you can actually name your rival in B2 & W2.

giradialkia
April 21st, 2012, 06:37 AM
Normally when playing a Pokemon game I name my Rival the opposite of the game I'm playing (and subsequently what I name my player). So for example I'd name my player Pearl and my Rival Diamond.
However seeing as I'll be playing White 2, I'm certainly not planning on naming my rival "Black2". I'll see if we get a choice of Default names, and if not (or if I simply don't like those ones) then I'll just think of a name on the spot.

Hikamaru
April 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM
If he has an official name, I might name him that.

Otherwise, I'd call him Tyler (as a tribute to my friend and pair TylerSymes).

Mentalii
April 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
I don't know if we could name him, his role seems to be major in the game, like N's :/
But if we have to, I'll call him by his official name, as I always do that.

Bluerang1
April 21st, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'm going with the default name like Barry in Platinum.

Kaori
April 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM
I can't wait to find out the default name for this rival already. :[ Whatever it is, will be the name I give him. u_u I'm really not that creative when it comes to naming protagonists/rivals so I just use default (and my own name for the protagonist).

Sheep
April 23rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'll also go with the default name - that feels the most "right" to me. Or maybe Navy since it fits imo and I really like color names. :3

bwburke94
April 25th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I always use the default name, except occasionally I use ??? for the rival in G/S/C/HG/SS.

TheGr8
April 26th, 2012, 08:05 AM
If we do get to pick our Rival's name that would be awesome since my friends were kinda bummed we couldn't in B/W. I will prob be picking up both games and one of them the rival will be Rhyder, for my real life pokemon friend and the other will be Nathan, who is another trainer friend of mine. We usually always do this if we get the chance to. It's sweet to see Rival Rhyder wants to battle.

Masterge77
April 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm going for the default name, since I can't call him an insult due to the implemented censors in the naming process (damn you ESRB guidelines)

Dixie Kong
April 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I think I'll name my rival Klippy. ;)

Guy
April 26th, 2012, 12:21 PM
When's the last time we were able to name our rivals anyway? It feels like I haven't done that in such a long time.

Oh wait, HeartGold and SoulSilver. Then again, I've always felt like that rival's name has always been Silver, whether I chose it or not.

That being said, I'll jump on the bandwagon that says they'll name him whatever his default name will be. When it comes to naming this rival, my mind comes up blank. Hopefully GameFreak has a good default name for the guy, if not then I'm sure I'll think of something by then!

Captain Fabio
April 26th, 2012, 12:39 PM
It actually depends on when I get the games.

Last couple of games I have named my rival, it has ranged from my best mate, to forum friends, to random stuff. I don't actually have a 'trend' in the naming conventions.

So I don't actually know what I will name the rival.

Lonely_LizardX2
April 26th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Unsure what I'll name my rival. I'll probably just pick one of the default names.

Mr Cat Dog
April 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Whenever I have the opportunity, I always name my rival '???', mainly due to GSC nostalgia, but also because it makes reading text-scenes involving the rival that teensy bit more amusing. Can't see no reason to give up now for B/W2.

SnowpointQuincy
April 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Monstroso VonVillainous

Or, Howard the Duck

★Midnight★
April 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM

I might name him Nick as well! xD
Or...if he has a good name already, than I'll go with that.

Zayphora
April 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
His name will be Akito, after a character in a story I'm writing.

On a different note, I wish that there could be a nameable female rival. TBH, when I first saw Silver in SS I thought he was the female team rocket leader...

Woah, off topic!

pokemon_master_forever
April 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
good question... I would most likely end up giving it a name from the series Naruto.

vaporeon7
April 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'll probably end up going with the default name, unless I really don't like it. In which case I'll probably use a characters name from anime or one of my friends/relatives names.

Zapperz
April 28th, 2012, 09:19 PM
ill always use its default name. mainly because im not good at naming things

piku
April 29th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'll name him... Afro. Figure out why.

skyluigi2
April 29th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I usually name my rival one of my friend's names...
I just hope I can, unlike in B/W.

Toshiro.
April 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I will probably use a default name, I can't really decide on a good name for this guy.

Kenmoor
April 29th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hmmm... putting aside the options that you hear kids saying over the Internet...
A. Default/Official name. Well, it's there for a reason right?
B. B.o.B. Mainly because I listen to his music while I play my games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5OT7aoboXw during the champion battle...:bandit:)
C. Stalker... er, well doesn't it seem odd that you always manage to find each other in the forest or wilderness... late at night... well that's how it was for me in Pearl and it scared me. Random rival music on Route 203... just waiting for me to come out of the city...
Anyways D. For Adadasbada (ah-da-das-ba-da- now say it really fast). It's called creativity and originality, people. Or a messed up mind.

Incepticon
April 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I would name him either Sam or Lloyd. It depends on what I am feeling at the moment.

YungKnowledge
April 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
if its my first time playing the game I will name him something off the menu they give you.
If is a re-play I name it something dumb. Like in my soul silver game I name my Rival Lil'B after Lil B the BasedGod.

Avishka
April 30th, 2012, 01:28 AM
i always use a default name when i m playing the game for the first time and in the second time i will name it after one of my friend's name

dreamcatcher
April 30th, 2012, 06:03 AM
How about Aaron, after my ex, so I can enjoy beating the crap out of him. :)

Gonzo
April 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Since I preordered jap w2, I know my rival's name will be some random Katakana signs chosen like: "oh, this has funny shape *taken*,oh and this one as well!" :)

In my english game, I'll prolly pick name of someone I don't like as I always do :)

Squirrel
May 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM
How about Aaron, after my ex, so I can enjoy beating the crap out of him. :)
This made me lol.

I'll name mine Rasmus since I always have done with my rival. The name stems from a crush gone wrong in the past, so yeah, similar reasons to Dreamcatcher there tbh. xD

xdom
May 12th, 2012, 09:04 PM
crush gonewrong sounds good for me or someone who betrayed me

PokemonFan5230
May 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'll name him.....George?

Actually, I like that, I'll consider the name George for him.

ChooChooChan
May 13th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I would use the default name, but he does look like an Adrian to me.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I'm going to call him Maxi - it's what I call all the male characters (usually rivals) in the games now, I love that name lol :)

steaithiess
July 18th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I like Hugh, an intense rival who is not as annoying as Cheren and Bianca in B/W.

iRyahn
July 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I called him Shags. Nothing fantastic, just the first thing I thought of when I saw him.

Xander Olivieri
July 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hey guys~ This thread is over a Month old~ Please make a new one if you wanna continue with it. Otherwise~

>=3

*locks*