PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] Pokémon Smash (April 15)

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM
This is K-awesome. (Badly translated Pokémon Smash pun.)

So today's the Smash introduction.

Live:
- The intro is revealed along with the title screen.
- The starting Pokémon, the legendaries (including Reshiram and Zekrom) are shown.
- The playable characters are shown. The rival is also introduced. (He's nameable.)
- We're treated to a view of the starting town, Hiougi City.
- The Pokémon Smash crew go through the city and talk to various residents of their hometown.
- Rival comes in, and follows you through town. (His sister also appears for a little bit.)
- We're shown the starting Pokémon, and they're the same as Black and White - Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig. It's not quite shown how we actually get to this stage.
- Rival battle takes place near the lookout site.
- We're introduced through the first route. A wild Azurill appears!
- We're also told that some old Pokémon appear again, but I'm sure we knew that already.
- Gameplay video's ended. We're introduced to the new gym leaders and Akuroma, but no new info in particular is revealed. (Homika's anime debut is also mentioned.)
- The web trailer (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/) is shown.
- The promised battle with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem!
- Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's signature attacks are shown. ("Oh my god!")
- (edit) finally, release date is June 23. In case you didn't know that already!

Looks like that's it.

Use this thread to discuss the revealed information from the latest Pokémon Smash episode. (There's stuff you'd really need to see to enjoy it, of course.)

As he has for the past few years, Filb has posted videos here:
http://www.filb.de/1772

Blue
April 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Only a small glimpse and it sounds great! I wish I was watching this but thanks for the update.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
According to Serebii the Pokemon Smash episode covers many of what Coro Coro has already revealed, as well as Junichi Masuda doing a small playthrough of the first part of the game, revealing that Hiougi City is, as expected, a massive city.

There will apparently a video up shortly on another website.

This is extremely exciting. The more they update the more excited and anxious I get about the games.

Cello
April 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I was hoping for a better variety of water types at the beginning of the game out in the wild. Lo and behold, first pokemon they run into on the first route is an Azurill.
Me gusta. Me gusta a lot.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Intro looks pretty awesome! I'm glad we weren't heavily trolled with this Pokémon Smash either.

I'm pretty excited to see the HQ video of the title screen though, would definitely like to get a better look of it.

P0kelegend
April 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Loved the playthrough! I honestly didn't expect them to show us that much, I thought it would just be walking around in the city for 10 seconds of something haha! The city is huge! Im so excited for the game!

This is where the rival battle happened:
https://p.twimg.com/AqekwR3CMAAyNWr.jpg

First route:
https://p.twimg.com/AqelNMrCAAEGk1m.jpg

Title Screen:
https://p.twimg.com/AqejTU0CMAE1iHU.jpg

Blue
April 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Wow, I'm really getting excited for these games now and we haven't even got the full details of them! Also where can this video be watched?

Cello
April 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Bahhh, well that wasn't very much. I wasn't expecting anything huge from Smash, though.
Glad to see we can name our rival.

I'd be interested in seeing translations of what Masuda said regarding the map. It was funny when they showed it, as everybody stopped and was like "Huh?"

P0kelegend
April 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Bahhh, well that wasn't very much. I wasn't expecting anything huge from Smash, though.
Glad to see we can name our rival.

I'd be interested in seeing translations of what Masuda said regarding the map. It was funny when they showed it, as everybody stopped and was like "Huh?"

Really? I was actually surprised with what they showed us, I expected them to hardly show anything but they showed a decent amount of gameplay!

TheChaosBlue
April 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Wish I would've seen it as it happened so I could be more hyped than what I am right now.

And Azurill being the first wild Pokemon they see? That's it; that why I want this game.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Not very much? You kiddin'? I haven't been this excited about a game since the entire site went on a frenzy believing that the new games were going to be R/S/E remakes. I'm legit stoked about all of this.
The fact that we can name the rival makes it extra exciting, he will be known, as Bono!, and plus with older Pokemon from other generations in such an early spot makes it more exciting.
I'm loving the look of the new routes and whatnot. Very scenic.

Oryx
April 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Did they show that the rival was nameable or did they just say it? If they showed it did they show the default names? I'd really like to know what he's called haha.

Super psyched about Azurill though. One of my favorite Pokemonnnnn.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Did they show that the rival was nameable or did they just say it? If they showed it did they show the default names? I'd really like to know what he's called haha.

Super psyched about Azurill though. One of my favorite Pokemonnnnn.

From what I've been reading so far, it has only been mentioned that you can name the rival. Of course if I actually watched the episode I'd know for sure.

And yeah, the thought of having a Tepig AND Azurill so early makes me super stoked. <3

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
They showed the rival in the introduction and there was a bar with two options for him, but I don't know what it meant.

P0kelegend
April 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the girl that was playing gave the Rival a name if I remember correctly. The video should be up soon though so we'll see!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I'm excited to hear that the starter town is quite large, the new areas of Unova look pretty from what I've seen ^_^.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I don't wanna be too spoiled so just reading the information rather than watching. :3 Excited that Azurill is found early on, perhaps that implies that the water gym is also straight after the first city? But no route number? Saddd. :(

Toshiro.
April 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I knew the Unova starters would be the same in these games.

But yeah, really excited.

Raichupacabra
April 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Has anyone noticed Snivy has a different sprite? It opens its mouth and raises its head more often. It also seems like it jumps.

Also confirmed is the fact is that the rival has the most epic music ever. But really he has epic music.

Xander Olivieri
April 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Has anyone noticed Snivy has a different sprite? It opens its mouth and raises its head more often. It also seems like it jumps.

Also confirmed is the fact is that the rival has the most epic music ever. But really he has epic music.

Different Sprite? No.

Different Animation? Yes.

bobandbill
April 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I like the look of the new town, and hurrah for the first route not appearing to be totally linear like last time (sure, it had the extra part to it via surf but until then it was fairly darn boring).

Archenoth
April 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I like how big of a difference there is between Black and White, and Black and White 2.

The gameplay showed a lot of stuff, and I am getting quite anxious for this game.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I like how big of a difference there is between Black and White, and Black and White 2.

The gameplay showed a lot of stuff, and I am getting quite anxious for this game.
Very much so. And not just in comparison with Black and White, but any game really.

This week + Pokémon Smash has definitely had me the most excited for B2W2.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Very much so. And not just in comparison with Black and White, but any game really.

This week + Pokémon Smash has definitely had me the most excited for B2W2.

Not only that but the massive amount of originality these games (as well as the original B/W games) have. What looks like a movie theater, battling stage, gym puzzles (even though only one was revealed), as well as legendary Pokemon concept, where the game is actually taking place; everything about it I'm loving.
I'm telling ya, I haven't been this excited since we all thought that R/S/E remakes were coming out.

April 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
This was my reaction:

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/dragon0fangz/reaction.gif

However, why the hell do only the starters have different animations?

Team Fail
April 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM
This was my reaction:

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/dragon0fangz/reaction.gif

However, why the hell do only the starters have different animations?

This was totally me.

The title screen looks really cool with the scrolling ice at the top, and Hiougi City looks really nice. I like the intro video thing where it shows the panorama of Hiougi City and the leaves that lead to the player's home. It's much better than BW's intro. As well, dat rival battle music.

Lancelot-sama!
April 14th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I was a little surprised when the rival actually began following you. Maybe it's sort of like that thing in the D/P/Pt games, where people temporarily follow you? I'm glad that we get to name him again, and he has a pretty awesome theme to boot! I don't really think he'll have a similar "Silver" character, as he has a younger sibling so I doubt he'd have a cold personality. Still have high hopes for him though.

New pokemon animations are also cool, although I honestly would've been fine without them. But, would that means attack moves might have different or new animations too? that'd also be cool, but I also wouldn't mind not having them. I'm glad that they showed us quite a bit of stuff, I was worried they would leave us hanging you know?

deoxys121
April 14th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'd have to agree with the reaction on the GIF :3

I definitely enjoyed the gameplay footage. The intro seemed almost like a trailer, similar to how they did the intro for the original Black and White. I'm somewhat wondering if they're maybe concealing something by only showing us the top screen in the gameplay... I'd definitely like to see what they didn't show us. Especially Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's 3D models in action on the title screen.

The battle between Reshiram and Black Kyurem was quite unexpected. But, I liked it. The Black Kyurem sprite wasn't the most attractive, but it's still Pokemon, I'll still love it! I'm glad this time they didn't wait till the very end of the show to show us the gameplay footage this time, unlike the initial B2/W2 announcement. :/ I must say that in general, the past few days have been so exciting for Black 2 and White 2! :D

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I was just re-watching what was shown on Pokémon Smash, and I realized there was a girl who walked up to the protagonist's house and looked up at the sky. ?_?

http://i.imgur.com/mTQwB.png http://i.imgur.com/mO0WE.png

Anyone know who she is?

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I was just re-watching what was shown on Pokémon Smash, and I realized there was a girl who walked up to the protagonist's house and looked up at the sky. ?_?

http://i.imgur.com/mTQwB.png http://i.imgur.com/mO0WE.png

Anyone know who she is?

I was thinking that maybe, maybe, she was the mom?

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
As tempted as I am to watch that gameplay on Pokémon Smash, I'm going to stop myself, the images are enough and I don't really want to spoil it for once especially how excited I am for these games. I've previously ruined that by watching gameplays importing the japanese version etc. So this time I'll wait and hopefully it shall be worth it!

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I was thinking that maybe, maybe, she was the mom?
I was also thinking that, she looks like she could be.

I don't know how you do it Suicune, I replayed the bits of this Pokémon Smash almost five times. :[

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Suicune is made of steel. Nothing can make him budge. B]

But yeah, I was seriously thinking that she was the mom of either the protagonist or rival. I'm leaning towards protagonist.
I can't wait for more reveals on Smash. I wish I got Japanese television just so I could watch all of the people scream and yell while they reveal more and more of the games. ;;

HyperXhydra
April 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM
The Swordsmen are shown in the intro, then they will most likely have a role in the main storyline.

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'll probably end up watching that, the temptation will become too high but that is only because from what I've read there is quite a great deal of interesting content in it, I'll try resist any others and I definitely wont be importing. It's great how much speculation we get and information we've received from such a small snippet of game play yet there's probably loads more to find out, well granted the games are released in 2 months they still have enough time to get some more details out.

Forever
April 15th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I actually watched through Smash at a later point :( /bad
I can say it looked much better than what I read though.. XD;

I think she's probably the mother too, or an upgraded Juniper perhaps...? idk.

MegaKuriboh
April 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
According to the intro of the games, the trio of Terrakion, Cobalion, & Virizion will have a role in the games.

That REALLY gets me excited for these games now. I love the muskateer trio, it also gets me thinking Keldeo will play a role in the games too.

I wonder about the three genies? I wonder if they get any action too? Maybe they're on the bottom screen? So many questions...

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I wonder about the three genies? I wonder if they get any action too? Maybe they're on the bottom screen? So many questions...
Never thought about that! I hope they do play a role, I love the genie trio.

Pokémon Smash should have showed us the bottom screen of the intro as well, I mean why not? :(

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 04:45 PM
More than anything, the cast of Pokemon Smash should shut up when they do gameplay specials so we can hear the music and what not! D';
It was a little exciting to see just about every legendary featured in the intro, though.

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM
If the genies have an important role in the 15th movie which was revealed the same time these games were announced then I'm sure they will be important in the game, they would fit in great also I really love their designs.

Can I ask has the rival music changed? I kind of heard it when I clicked on the video accidently and it sounded different, I'll assume it has considering these are new games and it's a new rival but just checking.

Kaori
April 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
More than anything, the cast of Pokemon Smash should shut up when they do gameplay specials so we can hear the music and what not! D';
It was a little exciting to see just about every legendary featured in the intro, though.
I bet they did that just so we wouldn't be able to hear the music too well haha.

I love how comical Zekrom and Reshiram appeared.

Oryx
April 15th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I actually watched through Smash at a later point :( /bad
I can say it looked much better than what I read though.. XD;

I think she's probably the mother too, or an upgraded Juniper perhaps...? idk.

Juniper's actually a good guess, if you look at the hair on her head it matches. Except Juniper's hair is held up by magic instead of a hairband so maybe not.

Azumi
April 15th, 2012, 05:09 PM
This might have been discussed before and it might not be really important, but I have something to add:

The status bar - you know, the bar that shows Pokemon name, HP, EXP and level? I think (huge emphasis on think here, I'm not too sure about that due to my limited knowledge in Japanese) Junichi Masuda said that it changes colour in different times so that you can see clearly in different times.

Hm... maybe like black in the morning and white at night? That would be interesting.

Oryx
April 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
This might have been discussed before and it might not be really important, but I have something to add:

The status bar - you know, the bar that shows Pokemon name, HP, EXP and level? I think (huge emphasis on think here, I'm not too sure about that due to my limited knowledge in Japanese) Junichi Masuda said that it changes colour in different times so that you can see clearly in different times.

Hm... maybe like black in the morning and white at night? That would be interesting.

Someone mentioned that it would be black in Black Version and white in White Version, is that what you heard? Or was it something else?

April 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
The apperance of the Muskeeter trio makes me think that they'll play a role similiar to that of the beast trio in HgSS mixed with the role the Lake trio had in the end in Pt. They could appear here and there, perhaps even making us follow them to reveal a secret that would help us discover what's going with Kyurem.

Clacla
April 15th, 2012, 05:22 PM
The apperance of the Muskeeter trio makes me think that they'll play a role similiar to that of the beast trio in HgSS mixed with the role the Lake trio had in the end in Pt. They could appear here and there, perhaps even making us follow them to reveal a secret that would help us discover what's going with Kyurem.

I also recall seeing Keldeo in one of these videos, so it might be important like in the movie.

Azumi
April 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Someone mentioned that it would be black in Black Version and white in White Version, is that what you heard? Or was it something else?

That's why I said I'm not sure xD Maybe I should really check later to see what they actually said...

April 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I also recall seeing Keldeo in one of these videos, so it might be important like in the movie.
They did mention to play with Keldeo as though out B2W2, so maybe it activates an event with the Muskeeters and Kyurem that's based on the Movie. Perhaps by gathering the Muskeeter's it gains a new power (that's not Sacred Sword).

Clacla
April 15th, 2012, 05:35 PM
They did mention to play with Keldeo as though out B2W2, so maybe it activates an event with the Muskeeters and Kyurem that's based on the Movie. Perhaps by gathering the Muskeeter's it gains a new power (that's not Sacred Sword).

Well in B/W that scenario got Keldeo a move called Secret Sword, so I could picture it in B2/W2.

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 12:07 AM

tbh I think that's a good thing, since it gets you a feel of how they see it, from their excitement, and due to the games being Japanese right now it kinda gives you more of an insight into the games themselves than just hearing music and no excitement. :x

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 01:54 AM
tbh I think that's a good thing, since it gets you a feel of how they see it, from their excitement, and due to the games being Japanese right now it kinda gives you more of an insight into the games themselves than just hearing music and no excitement. :x
That's true, and them being the cast of Pokémon Smash, it would be awkward if they were to drop silent. being the trolls they are!!

@Tachibana Azumi - I plan on getting White 2, but I really love the black HP bar. Hopefully it changes during day/night instead. :(

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 04:20 AM

Well yeah I get that totes. I just wish they woulda shushed on the rival's battle theme part. ;;
But you're right, if they don't get excited how would they expect anyone else to do so?

Oryx
April 16th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Usually when I'm excited I just...shut up. XD So Pokemon Smash should do the same!

No but really I'm kinda glad because I don't wanna spoil myself too bad but I know I will so if it's not available to me I won't sooo it's good perfect music isn't available yet. Not that I listen to music anyway

AffieLockhart
April 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
It looks so amazing and exciting watching the gameplay - im definatly going to try to avoid too many spoilers as I feel it does kinda ruin things... So excited about so many things, the opening town looks so beautiful and the lavender plants on the first route. I hope they do another gameplay video of something new to tease everyone!

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Usually when I'm excited I just...shut up. XD So Pokemon Smash should do the same!

No but really I'm kinda glad because I don't wanna spoil myself too bad but I know I will so if it's not available to me I won't sooo it's good perfect music isn't available yet. Not that I listen to music anyway

I'm quiet too, but I never shut up about what I'm excited about. But when I'm presented with the thing I'm excited about I'm quiet and FOCUSED, like they should be. >n>

I just wish they would have at least let us hear a LITTLE bit more of the music.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM

When I'm excited I try to get myself to simmer down so I can actually pay attention haha. I did that for this Pokémon Smash too. n__n

The music was loud enough for people to make recreations of it, so I'm fine with that.