View Full Version : B2/W2: How will you make your B2/W2 experience unique?

April 19th, 2012, 3:41 PM
So this was something that was around when B/W was being released, and while I don't remember who thought of it etc, it was still a good thread and I feel it can be good here!

So basically, do you plan to do things differently this time around? You already know Unova, BUT there's a whole new storyline, HOWEVER you've still got the same old Pokemon, BUT the region is enhanced. With that in mind, how will you play the games? Will you go around on a catching spree - enjoying your past generation Pokemon, or will you go as slow as possible, enjoying the changes to the region and storyline? Or will you do something completely different - and go as fast as possible, replaying the games constantly?

In other words, how do you plan to make your experience of B2/W2 a unique one? Disscccuuusss.

April 19th, 2012, 3:47 PM
I'm gonna play with friends for the first time since Sapphire. I remember how much fun it was meeting up at school and seeing what everyone had caught since the day before. Battling and trading during recess was also great.

Xander Olivieri
April 19th, 2012, 3:55 PM
Gunna play like I always do and catch what strikes my fancy. I usually catch what I need for a Gym and then go with it until I need to replace it.

April 19th, 2012, 4:00 PM
What a cheesy thread Nica :P

I don't think I'll be doing anything different since I talk to every character and walk on almost every tile in the game. However, if I notice people with the game in my school, I'll try and play along with them. First time doing so. Only had the one friend to play with before.

April 19th, 2012, 4:01 PM
I'll play the game like I normally do, and pray that I can adapt to the changes made. Simple as that.

April 19th, 2012, 4:02 PM
For the first time in a long time, since Gen III I guess, I'm going to play my first play through without any kind of game guide. Usually I when I start a game I know where all the pokemon are, and which ones I'm going to choose.

April 19th, 2012, 4:26 PM
I will make my B2/W2 experience unique by catching every Pokemon I see.

And with the past gen Pokemon involved, it makes it even more exciting!

April 19th, 2012, 4:27 PM
Ill take things slow........real slow I hardly member even playing Black so with this new story Ill take things into consideration more. Although I think the game comes out too fast or dosen't have enough material

April 19th, 2012, 4:28 PM
I'm gonna play with friends for the first time since Sapphire. I remember how much fun it was meeting up at school and seeing what everyone had caught since the day before. Battling and trading during recess was also great.
My best friend had Pokémon Emerald while my brother had Ruby and I had Sapphire! Her brother and her would always come over to my house everyday, we'd make a camp with chairs and blankets and play all day! GREAT TIMES.

While I can't really do that anymore, I have planned several ways to enjoy these games and make the experience unique.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg I love photography, and so I'm going to take pictures of the best moments within the game. I'd make a scrapbook but that's kind of cheesy. :[

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Post in this forum about my adventures! Surely there will be a travel journal, and I will definitely keep you all up to date with my journey.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Post in this forum overall. I'm one to take part in lots of activity with new Pokémon games that come, and it will be wonderful to discuss the greatness of these games in all of the great threads we will have. & Already do!

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Chat about B2W2 with my friends, duh! Not too unique, but still keeps me motivated with the games.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg I've seen all of these Pokémon many times before. Even though I'm not too big on nicknaming my Pokémon, perhaps I'll try nicknaming the ones on my team. Plus it seems fun! \o/

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Set up my team more strategically. Because it's in-game, I never really care for items that are useful in battles nor do I pick the best moves too much, but I will try to give my Pokémon more amazing movesets and have them hold items this time.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Embrace every moment in the game. I've always been one to talk to every character in the game, but sometimes I slack off. This time I will focus on what every character says very well (except the generic "Wow! You can use the B button to run faster, ain't that nifty???".

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Catch every Pokémon obtainable in each route. Gotta catch 'em all for once!

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg Make lots and lots of graphics of different characters/Pokémon art from the games. :3

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg To change what I usually do, for once I'm not going to fully plan out my team before the games are released. I might just catch the ones I'm interested in training for the E4 as I go along.

http://www.kimsites.net/pokemon/pokeball_gray.jpg For once I'm going to make my own collaboration with friends and we'll go around sportin' the forum with B2W2 themes. :B

& Tons more, but perhaps I'll post it all later! I think this enough to share with you all for now. Besides, I might think of more things I might do when we get more information, and when the games are actually here.

♠Dawn Rayne♠
April 19th, 2012, 4:33 PM
If they finally have the "Skill Link" Ability for Minccino I will possibly try to beat the entire game with one EV trained Cinccino! And I also will raise Oshawatt to Lv. 100 and not evolve him. :D

Brings back alot of great memories, I think alot of us used to do that as kids. One time though, a kid got his Gameboy taken away with my Gold Version in it.. Didn't get to retrieve it until the end of the school year, lame rules we had.

April 19th, 2012, 4:38 PM
I dunno. I usually get to that when I sit down to play it.

I DO know that I'm going to be nicknaming my Pokemon, which I don't do very often. I did it in Black before I got rid of it, I started to do it in White, and then once they revealed the new characters I decided that they would be more likely to nickname their Pokemon than Hilbert/Hilda, so I stopped-that and I didn't want to have to come up with new names for the same Pokemon >>;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 19th, 2012, 5:02 PM
I'm going to do what I always do, capture Pokemon, and train in the early routes until I feel that I can go and take on the gym leaders.

April 19th, 2012, 5:33 PM
I'm definitely going to take the game nice and slow this time. There's a big difference between knowing everything about the game and actually playing it for yourself. I'm excited to play. I think this time around I will actually use my starter (didn't first time I played White), and actually just catch Pokemon during the game, instead of planning out an actual team like I ALWAYS DO.

Eternal Darkness
April 19th, 2012, 5:45 PM
Going to take it easy, not going to bring in any old Pokemon to help me out from Pokemon Black either, since this is an entirely new story instead of an updated version of the original.

Also going to continue my grand tradition of naming everything in my party avatar a character from another work.

April 19th, 2012, 6:33 PM
I'm going to play this game like all the other past Pokemon games. Catch every Pokemon in the area then leave the route (no matter how hard or rare they are to capture) and explore every hidden area (and go back for them when you get surf, cut, strength, etc.) ... So yeah, leave no stone unturned I guess.

April 19th, 2012, 6:41 PM
Ill probably use pokemon I have never used, especially the ones I have never caught in my lifetime. I'm sick of using strong pokemon and just smashing my way through Gym leaders, its too easy and not very satisfying. Using weaker pokemon will help me develop strategies in defeating my opponents. It will also make the game challenging for me.

April 19th, 2012, 6:43 PM
Since I don't care for any of the starters this go around I think I will disregard all of them upon being able to trade which I have not done in the past. Then I will probably start off with my Victini from Liberty Garden as a starter. Or use Riolu or Larvitar depending on how early they are in the game.

Other then that I will probably do the same as usual, and take the game in slowly and enjoy the changes made. Then with my other version I will alter the teams and play around a bit more like a challenge.

April 19th, 2012, 6:59 PM
This time, I'm going to catch them all! Or try :3

(Smosh reference)

April 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I am going to start completing the pokedex early so i will have a rotating team.

April 20th, 2012, 7:50 AM
I think I'm actually going to play with a full team, for once. I usually end up only training about three, probably so I can get through the game just a bit quicker. I'll likely ditch the starter too, since I don't find the idea of playing with the same ones again too appealing. I may also attempt to play things a bit more strategically, usually I just sort of power through.

April 20th, 2012, 7:56 AM
try to evolve each pokemon to final evo before heading to the next route/city.

April 20th, 2012, 7:57 AM
Good question! This time I will actually explore every possible area to experience the game as a whole and try and make it feel different to Black & White, I will also take advantage of the wild Pokémon by adding a mixture of regional Pokémon to my team rather than purely Unova based.

April 20th, 2012, 8:45 AM
I've never done a challenge before so I'm thinking maybe I'll do a modified nuzlocke challenge in that I'll only use the first pokemon from every new area, but I won't limit myself to only catching those or stopping using a pokemon just because it faints. I dunno. Maybe I'll come across a better challenge that interests me more, but I think having my first experience on these games be harder would be fun.

April 20th, 2012, 9:27 AM
I haven't taken my time to catch all (or most) of the pokemon in a Pokemon game since Gen II. Usually at the start of each new gen I'll catch a lot, but never to get them "all." I think I'll do that this time just for the heck of it. No more first shot speed runs for this guy.

April 20th, 2012, 9:37 AM
I'll probably just try and play it as slow as possible like I did with the first White.

April 20th, 2012, 5:27 PM
I've gone through enough trouble in BW in raising a team slowly! So what I do is to transfer my new team to the BW I have know, EV Train and raise them to a high enough level then transfer them back.

Mr. Magius
April 21st, 2012, 7:11 PM
I'll play 'em like all of my other games: going around as slow as possible, talking to every NPC, searching every nook and cranny, grinding my Pokés, and squeezing out every drop of fun-juice as I can.

I usually catch every Pokémon I encounter to fill up my Pokédex. It makes it a lot easier if I want to make a random Pokémon part of my team, and I nickname every single one of them so that their mine!

And that, my friends, is a truly nerdy way to play Pokémon.

April 21st, 2012, 8:14 PM
Train a Pseudo-legendary before the E4, other than Gible in Platinum, I've never done that.

Name ALL the Pokémon. All of them.

Catch every Pokémon I see.

Assuming there will be Pokémon from all the Generations, I'll probably try to use a team consisting of one Pokémon from each Gen. (Plus an HM slave)

Shiny Celebi
April 21st, 2012, 8:25 PM
Im going to catch as many Pokemon as I can and use different Pokemon for each Gym, I think that will be fun. Also Im going to see how fast I can beat the game, just for curiosity

Team Fail
April 21st, 2012, 9:19 PM
I plan to embrace everything that is new. I'll explore any new places and listen to the new music I enjoy. And I plan to use some Pokemon I've wanted to use through my main Unova experience.

B2W2 will be aaaamazing.

April 22nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
i will be taking notes...

i know this sounds weird but i think ive enter an extremely reflective part of my life. i have been taking some(very few) notes on my play throughs of almost all previous games and its helped me see the progression of not only the way gamefreak makes new pokemon but also how they portray certain elements of the "balance" they implement in their strategy of building a fun experience.

i whole heartedly believe this game will be set apart from other because it "BUILDS" on a previous story. where as previous games just try to rewrite history so to speak.

B2W2 will be aaaamazing.
understatement. but yes epic would be a euphemism. :)

April 22nd, 2012, 3:55 AM
I don't really have to do anything special to make my experience unique as they are brand new games, so I'll just try not to spoil the game before I actually play it.

April 22nd, 2012, 4:04 AM
I've seen this thread title a fair bit and have been trying to think HOW I can make it unique. The more I think, the more I'm considering not using my Starter in my first playthrough. So far I'm delighted with the non-Unova Pokemon they've revealed that have been added to the Unova Dex, and I'm finding it too hard not to choose something that'll have the same type as the starter I'm planning to pick. So while I've never NOT played with my starter before, I may well do it while playing through White 2 for the first time.

April 22nd, 2012, 5:36 AM
Actually, what I'm doing during my current BlazeBlack playthrough - I just catch each pokémon that I really consider one my favourites, and after each gym I'll adjust my team so that it will be strong against the next gym, so hopefully all pokémon get some use.

Kinda like Ash did/does in the series.

April 22nd, 2012, 5:40 AM
I don't think what I'm doing is unique in any way, but basically I'll be avoiding as much spoilers as possible. The only bit of information I wanted to see was the stuff that was revealed from the first CoroCoro scans, and I haven't seen anything since. I'll admit it's immensely challenging, but it's also rewarding and makes for a much better experience.

April 22nd, 2012, 6:21 AM
I was considering trying to avoid news and such about the games' plot in the hopes of something surprising me once I play it, but I highly doubt that I'll be able to do that until the English release. Considering that I already changed up the way I played in BW (not using the starter, for example), I'm not really sure how I'll play BW2 any differently.

I was thinking of doing a challenge for my first playthrough, though I'm not quite sure exactly what challenge I'd like to attempt. Perhaps I'll just try going slower, actually talk to all the NPCs and go to all the buildings and new optional routes/caves as they become available instead of just rushing through the story. I may also give the "catch everything before moving forward" rule another shot after my failed attempt at doing so in BW.

April 22nd, 2012, 6:31 AM
I think i'm just going to play to B2/W2 just like i played to B/W. I don't know what i could change, maybe train a little bit more my team ! :)

April 23rd, 2012, 6:45 AM
I think for once I won't make my starter my main Pokémon. I'm gonna mix it up a little bit the time around. :)

April 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
.. maybe I'll mix things up and actually try to use my starter in B/W 2. I actually ditched my starter in both playthroughs of my White because I just don't find the Unova starters very appealing to me. But if I choose to ditch it again I suppose the only unique thing I'll be doing is.. well.. nothing I can think of. Other than choosing Pokemon I've never fought with before I guess.

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I don't really have a 'game plan' when I get my hands on the game. Normally with a new Pokemon game, I just play it as I see it and then, when I have my hands on it, I will decide a plan.

April 23rd, 2012, 12:08 PM
I will play Black 2 and White 2 (Although I expect to only get Black, first and get white later on in the very future) pretty much the same way as Black and White. I will trade up and get the Pokemon I want to train and play through with, wither if it's breeding or capturing them on my own as well, I like playing with a certain party all the way from the beginning (When the time is ASAP) to the end! But I will most likely be doing a little more exploring than I did with Black and White. Specifically because I'm pretty sure there will be more than Unova than meets the eye in Black/White 2.

With that being said, I so hope Elesa will be there again! Gym Leader or not. That's the only thing I have a goal of actually hoping to come across in this game. The rest? I expect surprises.

April 23rd, 2012, 1:47 PM
I'll probably do all of the things I don't do when I play through a game;

Not spoil anything for myself and play through the game knowing nothing.

Catch Pokemon on impulse, and then actually give them good names, not crappy failed attempts.

And then not get bored with it after I'm done by playing it slow and thoroughly. I haven't replayed a game fully since Ruby & Sapphire came out (waiting for Emerald). ;p

April 23rd, 2012, 2:16 PM
I'm actually going to try and not look at the natures of Pokemon I catch until the very end of the story this time. XD; Since I'm somewhat of a perfectionist with natures, it tends to set me back story-wise a lot because I'd spend hours trying to catch a Pokemon with a nature I like.

April 23rd, 2012, 2:21 PM
I'll probably try to use things I didn't use in BW, with the exception of Petilil. I'll probably just have to have one haha. I plan on starting with Tepig, since I restarted my English White halfway through on a file that I had Tepig, so I never gave it a fair chance. Umbreon is a given too because...it's Umbreon. But as for the other three, who knows? Maybe I'll try switching party members around instead of planning my team before even getting the game. Other than that, I plan to play it like I play all new games. Just try to explore as much as I can.

Ephemeral Euphoria
April 27th, 2012, 1:03 PM
I'll try using Pokes I would normally never use under almost any circumstance regularly and seeing how far I can go with the team I end up making until I beat the game with what I end up concocting.

April 28th, 2012, 1:15 PM
It depends. in the previous game I took it slow and steady, savoring each moment. However, in the next game, I might just rush around and go on a catching spree.

April 28th, 2012, 1:18 PM
I'm going to be looking around all the time, to make sure I don't miss anything! :p
I'm also going to train very slow so I can keep battling the gyms until I decide if I want to keep going on...xD

April 29th, 2012, 3:14 PM
I, for once, am going to play slowly. I normally rush through the game like a noob, not caring about stats and pretty much anything, then complain about being bored in the post game. I need to stop that, obviously.

April 29th, 2012, 7:07 PM
I guess I'll do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. haha

Mr Cat Dog
May 4th, 2012, 7:04 AM
Well, I'll be buying the opposite game to what I did for BW, so that'll probably be a slightly unique experience for me. Apart from that, I'll make sure to catch a different eventual team to fight the E4 and such; might even go for a different starter and all!

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
May 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
For White 2, I'm thinking I might ditch the starter, but if I don't then I'm choosing tepig since I've never given it a chance. Other than that, I might try to catch em all, and I kinda want to try using the pokemon I consider to be misfits, not the strong, favored typing ones I always go for. I'm definitely trying NOT to plan my team, and I may do a challenge. Can't wait!

May 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I'm going to spend most of my spare time videotaping ALL of my gameplay and uploading it to YouTube. Also, I will try hard to get a Tyranitar, Salamence, Dragonite or Garchomp! At least I know Tyranitar is available!

May 4th, 2012, 5:26 PM
I'm planning on playing blind this time with the fact that i only will know 2 of the gym types this way I'll have a much toughing time playing since I'll never know if i'm bringing good Pokes or not.

May 4th, 2012, 5:57 PM
Well, assuming I have enough money budgeted, I'll get both versions on release day. I'll trade all 3 starters to one game, which will be my trading/training version. The other one I'll try to keep open as much as possible so I can restart it instantly/constantly on a whim when I'm bored.

I admit I also like having two versions so I can get multiple rare items without having to hack or AR.

XSky RiderX
May 4th, 2012, 6:27 PM
Well, for Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W, before they were released for the US, I would constantly look at every bit of information I would perceive from Nintendo; most likely from hype and excitement. However, I'm going to try and limit my knowledge from now on so when the game comes out, I'll just sightread it, making events that much more exciting and unexpected.

My older brother will also play along with me. His last Pokemon game before I showed him Black/White was Gold/Silver, so this will make things a lot more fun for both of us.

Also, seeing as I've played countless amounts of Pokemon games, I'm going to try and use Pokemon I've never used before, or at least rarely used, just to make the experience much more thrilling, and possibly more challenging.

May 4th, 2012, 6:48 PM
well as soon as i can get my hands on the earliest rom, im going to be doing a blind LP of it :D