View Full Version : [B/W] [Scrafty] VS Zoroark

Kaori
April 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0uTns.png
http://i.imgur.com/qpKXV.png
http://i.imgur.com/peTF7.png

Reshiram Man
April 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Scrafty because he has DD, Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Crunch, etc...
Zoroark also has a good move pool, but Scrafty wins out of the two.

Cordelia
April 22nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Scrafty because he is very useful and I just love it... Zoroark is interesting as well too, both good pokes in their own right.

Hikamaru
April 22nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
My vote went to Scrafty cos I actually got to use it. It has great moves and mine is so awesome, she can Hi Jump Kick really hard! She is also equipped with Moxie as her ability, souping up her Attack with every foe she knocks out.

I'm so proud of my Scrafty, never got to use Zoroark at all so that's why I'm a Scrafty girl when it comes to these two.

So yeah, Scrafty all the way.

giradialkia
April 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
Zoroark looks cooler by far, but I just didn't find it that good in battle at all. Maybe I wasn't using it as best as it could be used, but I raised one all the way into the 70s and it didn't do me much good in game (I don't really battle competitively so that's why I'm not judging it on that front). I much prefer Zoroark's design, but Scrafty seems to just be better overall in terms of battling. (I should probably try raising one before saying that xD)

Zephele
April 22nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Scrafty, since I think STAB Fighting and Dark is a great combination. I also like its versatility in that it can be more offensively-built with Dragon Dance and Moxie, or have a more defensive set up with Bulk Up and Shed Skin. Though I find Zoroark's ability to be very interesting, and its movepool to be diverse, Scrafty just edges out on this one.

Design-wise, I think both are cool, but I just find Scrafty's design more... fun? Those pants and that mohawk...

Kenshin5
April 22nd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I like Zoroark design more, and I do like it in terms of battling but not as much as Scrafty. And I did use Zoroark on my Black run.

My main reason for voting Scrafty is because of the prominence it has in the anime or should I say Scraggy. I love Ash Scraggy so that is the key reason I voted for Scrafty who I believe Ash Scraggy with get to that level at some point.

Jellicent♀
April 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Scrafty. Zoroark sucks. Idk why it has such a huge fan base. It's terrible. Scrafty is just awesome. Hi Jump Kick, Ice Punch and such, it's just awesome.
And it's adorable. <3

Kenshin5
April 22nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Scrafty. Zoroark sucks. Idk why it has such a huge fan base. It's terrible. Scrafty is just awesome. Hi Jump Kick, Ice Punch and such, it's just awesome.
And it's adorable. <3
Probably because it was the first Gen V pokemon introducted and was showcased in its own movie along with Zorua. Zoroark always struck me as a poor mans Lucario. He may even get a bigger fanbase if Pokemon Co. decide to have him as their new rep for Super Smash Brothers IV.

Hikamaru
April 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
I love the design concept with Scrafty, it's really awesome.

Moxie is one awesome ability that it pulls off well, that's why I'm hoping Scrafty wins the poll. It even has a great movepool to go with it.

Go Team Scrafty!

ScottishNutcase
April 22nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Even though I've never used a Scrafty, I would if I had place for him on my team.
His typing is great and he looks better to be honest.

Master JM
April 22nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
For me, this isn't even a contest. Scrafty is my favourite Pokémon, and I find it much easier to use in battle. Zoroark's ability is really frustrating. Not to mention Scrafty gets moves like Dragon Dance and Hi Jump Kick. That, and the ability Moxie.

EarthWolfblade
April 22nd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Pfft, Scrafty, if just for design alone.

Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
April 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
TOUGH. Man. You guys are really trying my tastes.

I'ma halfta go with Scrafty, though. He was extremely useful on my first Black run, and although I also love Zoroark's appearance, the cute little guy is great insurance and well designed.

Blue
April 22nd, 2012, 09:36 AM
I haven't used either of them as much as I've wanted to but because the majority are voting Scrafty I'll go with Zoroark, it has a nice design.

psyanic
April 22nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
I love Zoroark's design, and its background is interesting as well. And it's the underdog here... so yeah. I have nothing against Scrafty, though.

Overlord Drakow
April 22nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Scrafty because it is conceptually me in the Pokemon world.

SnowpointQuincy
April 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Zoroark is the mother of winning! I EV Trained a Timid Zoroark with max speed. (and only 1 point away from max Special Attack.) This Guy is an amazing Choice Specs user! My Favorite pokemon! I have the Zoroark C-Gear Skin too!

I, to this day, do not have a Scafty at all. I do imagine him singing the Pokemon Rap, though.

PlatinumDude
April 22nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
That was a tough choice ;_;. I liked both of them! D:

Anyway, I voted for Scrafty because of its coolness factor; it has pants and a hoodie, plus it has good set-up moves (Bulk Up and Dragon Dance) and a near-perfect STAB combination.

I also like Zoroark because while it has a pretty small movepool, it has good coverage and can screw with opponents using Illusion.

Killjoy
April 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
I've never used either, but for different reasons lol I gotta say Zoroark, but I'm starting to like Scrafty a little bit too

Sector
April 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Zoroark doesn't have the best defense, and I've seen Scrafty sweep teams before. Even with the signature move & ability, Zoroark is my favorite due to her fox traits. But I determine these votes by battling, and to win, Scrafty by far. Fighting type moves is all Scrafty needs to KO Zoroark!

Mr Cat Dog
April 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Scrafty, but I did use one for a large part of my runthrough in Black and it did have its uses. Its typing is very cool, and it has some good moves and all... I just wish it would pull its trousers up! Also, Scrafty reminds me of Scarfy, so that's a plus!

Since I've never really used Zoroark and don't know enough about it to judge it on purely aesthetic grounds, I can't really vote for it even if I hated Scrafty.

Captain Fabio
April 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Without a doubt, Zoroark.
Zoroark is one of the few Pokemon I loved in B&W. It isn't that I have Scrafty, but the design on Zoroark wins me over.

BlaqJester
April 24th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I'd say Scrafty purely of its character and design. Zoroark is tough I can't lie about that. No discrimination here

Sebbaiz
April 24th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I picked Zoroark because it looks a lot cooler IMO, also its Illusion ability can be pretty helpful in competitive battling. Also if your opponent sees through Zoroarks disguise it's still a great attacker and makes a pretty good sweep Pokemon :D.

-ty-
April 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I tend to base my likes and dislikes of pokemon based on their appearances. I would have to say Scrafty is the better choice for competitive battle, but I prefer Zoroark. I love the werewolf concept and bipedal-canine design. I immediately thought of a poorly-made fakemon when I saw Scrafty; although it was not quite as horrendous, the battle sprite and design of Scrafty reminded me of a Pokemon Quartz sprite when I first saw it. SO...Zoruark gets the vote!

Guy
April 25th, 2012, 05:04 AM
The design of Zoroark is what really won me over. I love Scraggy, but even when I trained one I never wanted to evolve it into Scrafty. No doubt it's a cool Pokémon with a great typing and a nice pool of moves, but I've never been a fan of Scrafty to be honest. Scraggy definitely, but Scrafty, eeh.

So ultimately Zoroark wins this battle for me. However, as cool looking and powerful as Zoroark may be, it's move pool is seriously lacking; something I'm hoping B2/W2 will work on.

Lost Lore
April 25th, 2012, 06:27 AM
While Scrafty is growing on me and I'll admit it'd most certainly best Zoroark in a battle, my vote goes to Zoroark. It has a much more wicked design and I'm most certainly more fond of using it. Illusion as an ability is also great fun for tripping up those unwary trainers, hehe.

That being said, I'm willing to give any and all Dark-types the benefit of the doubt. No exceptions. :)

Artemicion
April 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Scrafty!
I just love it, strong, fast, cool movepool...and looks awesome :D
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/18/Spr_5b_560_s.png

Forever
April 26th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Scrafty! Zoroark never interested me and Scrafty has been amazing in-game and it used to be one of my favourites due to how well it was designed and such. :3

28k.

Cid
April 26th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Zoroark. I was not expecting this canine to be the underdog, but I can guess his appearance in the main games, or rather the lack thereof, turned people off. I still like it even though I never used it, besides Scrafty hasn't really grown on me yet. I've used Mienshao as my Fighting-type in-game many times, sadly. And -ty- talking about Zoroark's werewolf concept brings one of the initial traits I liked about the furry creature.

garjora
April 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Dragon Dance Scrafty > all.

vaporeon7
April 26th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I prefer Scrafty over Zoroark because I like its design, concept and using it competitively better. Zoroark has always just seemed like an inferior Lucario to me. At least its ability is somewhat entertaining.

Mentalii
April 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Zoroark, I don't particularly like it but Scrafty is just unbearable... I can't stand this Pokémon, and its pre-evolution neither. Moreover its design is ugly, ridiculous and boring.
And Zoroark is pretty interesting I guess.

Forever
April 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Luckily Scrafty wins! unstickying now. :x Little bit late since I've been busy today and yesterday I had things on basically from late afternoon onwards. But yeaaah!

dreamcatcher
May 1st, 2012, 06:30 AM
I choose Scrafty. :I Zoroark has a cool ability (Illusion) but lacks Scrafty's diverse move pool and cute stats. I've used a Zoroark for cb before and it fell quite short of all its hype. Scrafty however has the move pool to back up its nice attack stat, particularly it's access to Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, and a useful ability. <3

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Zoroark cause he looks pretty bad-ass and I love the red hair haha :)

Mister Coffee
May 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
This is a really tough choice for me.
Scrafty is an unstoppable beast with "Bulk Up (or Dragon Dance)", "Drain Punch", and "Moxie", but there's one thing that makes Zoroark such a nasty force on par with Scrafty and that's "Illusion".

So as tough as this choice is... I'm going to say Zoroark. He's a great deceiver, easily confuses opponents, and his "Illusion" ability gives him a higher survival rate than Scrafty on turn one.
Also, Zoroark IMO is the perfect standard for Dark Pokemon. I look at Zoroark as the Master of Deceit, and I like to think that Dark Pokemon are mainly focused on Tricks and Sabotage. Zoroark also has a very comfortable and fairly diverse move pool, he plays like a pro on a few different competitive teams I've used.

Plasmette
May 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Scrafty is an AWESOME MONSTER! Mine survived an explosion with High Yellow Health! His defenses are great! And if you get one or two Dragon Dances in, he will become unstoppable, and constantly gaining boosts from Moxie.

Zoroark is Quick, and Strong. He can be a both Physical and Special Sweeper. His ability is awesome. However, he is very frail. He cannot afford to take a single hit. One fighting or Bug attack and he is done.

Your choice.

Scorpiopt
May 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Zoroark is way better in every aspect