PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Jellicent♀
April 21st, 2012, 09:04 AM
I'd be stoked to see Chili have his own gym. ;; <3
I'm hoping they make the order seem somewhat random as to which gym you travel to. I mean yeah consistency is great, but ti'd be kinda cool going to a Fire Gym and then all of a sudden arrive to a Fighting type Gym. :'D

Kenmoor
April 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀
I'd be stoked to see Chili have his own gym. ;; <3
I'm hoping they make the order seem somewhat random as to which gym you travel to. I mean yeah consistency is great, but ti'd be kinda cool going to a Fire Gym and then all of a sudden arrive to a Fighting type Gym. :'D
But then the tradition of eight gyms would break down into... wait... you're saying if Chili had killed his brothers and got the gym as an inheritance?!
Murderers in Pokemon?! Paradox time!
Anyways even if they did give Chili his own gym does that mean the brothers would spread out and take other people's gyms? Or they could just randomly make their own cities in that 2 years time (or whatever amount of time elapses) and those cities could be called "The Elemental Cites".
:shocked:I just completely went off topic in my own post. Huh.:\

Forever
April 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
He killed his own brothers? Awesome.
...but nah. I think if he had his own gym it might just be because the other two concentrated on their food serving business tbh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
I was in the Union tower in BW and noticed that the flags were Purple,Blue,Pink,Grey, Red, Yellow, and I forgot the two other colors, but either way I noticed that two of the colors, Purple and Blue match with Poison and Blue, so perhaps B2W2's gyms were hinted at in BW, and if right we might see Elesa again, and Clay (orange is sand like),and we might get a fire gym, or maybe fighting (as it's also represented by the color red).

Hikomi Yuuki
April 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
I'm more curious as to why do they feel the need to add/replace with more new gym leaders. I mean, what's becoming of the old ones? It's not like they just simply all retired during the span of two years .

Forever
April 22nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
I was in the Union tower in BW and noticed that the flags were Purple,Blue,Pink,Grey, Red, Yellow, and I forgot the two other colors, but either way I noticed that two of the colors, Purple and Blue match with Poison and Blue, so perhaps B2W2's gyms were hinted at in BW, and if right we might see Elesa again, and Clay (orange is sand like),and we might get a fire gym, or maybe fighting (as it's also represented by the color red).

Yeah I dunno... I wouldn't rely upon that. While I do think that Elesa will make a return and sadly won't have a modelling career, I think that might be looking into hints a bit too much.

I'm more curious as to why do they feel the need to add/replace with more new gym leaders. I mean, what's becoming of the old ones? It's not like they just simply all retired during the span of two years .

Yeah I wonder too tbh. Maybe it's just a few of them that have just moved on with their lives, doesn't necessarily have to be all!

Still like this idea of fire gymmm.

giradialkia
April 22nd, 2012, 04:22 AM

I agree- I mean, considering they're giving us a game based in the same region as a previous game, new Gym leaders is something you'd just.. expect, hands down. But I'm quite curious as to how they plan on executing it- they've introduced two new Gyms, meaning two other gyms will have to be gone. Or maybe not? Seeing as GameFreak seemed to kinda say "Just because we did this a lot doesn't make it tradition" with Black and White (for example, making TMs permanent, making it so you can face the E4 in any order, etc). So with Black 2/White 2, there's really no way of knowing whether they've ADDED two new Gyms instead of replacing them.
Anyway, even with that in mind, I'm expecting some of the other Gyms to change Leader/type; that's really the only way to freshen up the Gym quest. I agree with Forever, a Fire-type Gym would be cool, but like many others I'd like to see a Dark-type Gym for once. Even though there's a Dark-type E4 member, I think it'd be really great to finally get a Dark-type Gym.

Forever
April 22nd, 2012, 04:58 AM
Idk I don't think there will be a dark elite four member and if we're allowing extra gyms or replacing more than just two, dark will definitely be a gym. I just feel that... with the whole two years later thing, anything is possible.

s2daam
April 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
For me personally.. if it was just 8 gym leaders [Just my personal hopes]

[1] Homika [Poison]:
[2] Chilli [Fire]: He's been more or less completely redesigned apart from his red hair. Moved to Driftveil.
--- Player asked to visit Castelia City ---
[3]Aloe [Normal]: More or less the same, but moved to Castelia City. Gym is no longer in that small room but the full museum.
[4]Elesa [Electric]: No longer a model, but a full time gym leader. Features a new hair style and clothing. Rollercoaster updated.
[5]Burgh [Bug]: More or less the same. Exclusive to White at White Forest.
[5]New Male [Steel]: Old man Exclusive to Black at Black City.
[6]Shizui [Water]: Undella Bay Gym Leader
--- Player heads to the New Town/Location with the aeroplane and flown to Mistralton ---
[7]New Male/Female Duo [Ice]: Irricius Gym Leaders. Young couple similar to eskimo's in terms of design. Actually Brycens relatives.
[8]Iris [Dragon]: Sole Opelucid Gym leader. Looks a little older with new clothing

Elite Four:
[1] Shauntal [Ghost]
[2] New Elite Four Member [Grass]
[3] Caitlin [Psychic]
[4] Grimsley [Dark]
[C] Marshal [Fighting]

After your battle with Marshal, Cheren turns up wanting to battle him, but discovers you are the new Champion. He then asks to battle you inwhich you get the option to battle him or not. If not, he appears in Nuvema Town where you can battle him.

Brycen, Skyla, Clay, Cilan and Cress all appear ingame.
- Brycen appears at this movie place, speaking about his past acting career and gym leader career.
- Skyla is a full-time pilot (and the one to take you from the new aeroplane town to Mistralton)
- Clay appears in Twist Mountain, and also is present in Nimbassa in one of the buildings, (he's an owner of a big company in BW, it's just never specified, so I think he would appear as apart of the company)
- Cilan appears in the Café Sonata, which is much bigger now (and also doesn't host the Meloetta event in BW2 but somewhere else). Speaks about his two brothers.
- Cress appears as a Waiter in the Village Bridge Restaurant, speaks about his two brothers.
- Drayden doesn't appear, however is mentioned by Iris, hinting that he passed away.

And if just more are added [No particular order]

Chilli - Now sole Striaton Gym Leader.
Cilan - Gym Leader of White Forest (Exclusive to White 2).
New Steel Leader - Gym Leader of Black City (Exclusive to Black 2)
Homika - One of the new towns at the beginning.
Shizui - Undella Bay gym leader.
Aloe - Switched gyms with Burgh and moved to Castelia.
Burgh - Switched gyms with Aloea and moved to Nacrene.
Elesa - Same Nimbasa gym leader.
Clay - Same Dritfveil gym leader.
Skyla - Same Mistralton gym leader.
Brycen - Same Irricus gym leader.
Iris - Sole Opelucid gym leader. (Drayden hinted to have passed away)

Cress said he didn't want to be a gym leader anymore, so took management of the Village Bridge Restaurant.

Jellicent♀
April 22nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
^ Anything is most definitely possible. And hey, G/S/C, HG/SS had a Dragon type gym AND a Dragon type Champion. Emerald did the same thing with the Water type. So maybe there will be a Dark gym and a Dark Elite Four member. But I agree with giradialkia, Game Freak has pretty much avoided tradition with Black and White, who's to say they won't be doing it again for Black 2 and White 2? It'd be pretty dang different if they added two more gyms, rather than replacing, making it ten possible badges to collect. That'd be decently cool, actually.

Kenmoor
April 22nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀
Anything is most definitely possible.
If so, then couldn't there be more Blue/Gary/Green/person Gyms? He's been the main diverse gym leader there is out there (or the only one? I can't remember...) and I'm getting a bit tired of my strategy when it comes to specialized Gyms. My strategy=spam attacks that're type weakness related. The specialized Gyms could at least throw in a Pokemon that's not to the specialized theme.
Imagine Chili with his Pansear and Darumaka... Electabuzz and Tympole. They could cover each other's weaknesses and whatnot.

Kaori
April 22nd, 2012, 08:07 AM

[1] Homika [Poison]:
[2] Chilli [Fire]: He's been more or less completely redesigned apart from his red hair. Moved to Driftveil.
[3]Aloe [Normal]: More or less the same, but moved to Castelia City. Gym is no longer in that small room but the full museum.
[4]Elesa [Electric]: No longer a model, but a full time gym leader. Features a new hair style and clothing. Rollercoaster updated.
--- Player heads to the New Town/Location with the aeroplane and flown to Mistralton ---
[7]New Male/Female Duo [Ice]: Irricius Gym Leaders. Young couple similar to eskimo's in terms of design. Actually Brycens relatives.
[8]Iris [Dragon]: Sole Opelucid Gym leader. Looks a little older with new clothing

Elite Four:
[1] Shauntal [Ghost]
[3] Caitlin [Psychic]
[4] Grimsley [Dark]
[C] Marshal [Fighting]

After your battle with Marshal, Cheren turns up wanting to battle him, but discovers you are the new Champion. He then asks to battle you inwhich you get the option to battle him or not. If not, he appears in Nuvema Town where you can battle him.

- Brycen appears at this movie place, speaking about his past acting career and gym leader career.
- Skyla is a full-time pilot (and the one to take you from the new aeroplane town to Mistralton)
- Clay appears in Twist Mountain, and also is present in Nimbassa in one of the buildings, (he's an owner of a big company in BW, it's just never specified, so I think he would appear as apart of the company)
- Cilan appears in the Café Sonata, which is much bigger now (and also doesn't host the Meloetta event in BW2 but somewhere else). Speaks about his two brothers.
- Cress appears as a Waiter in the Village Bridge Restaurant, speaks about his two brothers.
- Drayden doesn't appear, however is mentioned by Iris, hinting that he passed away.

Cress said he didn't want to be a gym leader anymore, so took management of the Village Bridge Restaurant.
I'd love to see Chili open up his own Fire type gym. Especially since the anime hints towards that. I never really thought about where Cilan/Cress would go, but your idea works perfectly. :D

Though I'd actually prefer if Lenora just opened her museum, I don't really see the purpose of her being in Castelia.

Kenshin5
April 22nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.
Highly doubtful and if she did have Kami trio I'd prefer them to be different pending on what game you play.

lool yeah if only it wasn't legendary, she might finally be a good gym leader. :( But sadly no, I doubt it. :x

Hmmm what'd be at that gym though? o_O I can't think of anything that'd fit into that, unless it's a multi-type gym, which may be likely in the later cities tbh.
For me just needs some better pokes like Braviary <3. There was other Flying types to work with so I can see a better team then the one they had to offer pending she is still a leader.

There arent any ??? type Pokemon except ??? Arceus, so I dont think we could have a gym like that. I wouldnt mind a Dark type gym however. This could be the generation where we get one of those.
Probably alluding to Gary/Blue gym like in GSC/HGSS where its a mixed type gym.

Although the Pokémon Anime isn't canon to the games, could this possibly be a hint for a Fire-type Gym with Chili?

Here's a quote from Chili to Pansear from the anime -
"Pansear I'm really sorry. I totally feel bad, know what? I've got a dream! That you and I will open a gym, the very first fire type gym in the Unova region! To do that, we need to master everything about fire types first."

Just a thought!
Personally I don't want to see Chili as a leader. I didn't care for the trio in the game or their monkeys so I'd rather not see a gym focusing on him alone for that matter.

But then the tradition of eight gyms would break down into... wait... you're saying if Chili had killed his brothers and got the gym as an inheritance?!
Murderers in Pokemon?! Paradox time!
Anyways even if they did give Chili his own gym does that mean the brothers would spread out and take other people's gyms? Or they could just randomly make their own cities in that 2 years time (or whatever amount of time elapses) and those cities could be called "The Elemental Cites".
:shocked:I just completely went off topic in my own post. Huh.:\
Well if they are going by the anime then Cress would be the one still at Striaton and Cilan and Chili are traveling. So I don't see how the scenario would be in the game.

My guess is for a sense of freshness to the game. They and me personally wouldn't want the same 8 since this is a sequel after all. They don't necessarily have to lose their jobs there could just be more gyms available. Some at the same time could have retired or have been promoted to Elite 4.

[1] Homika [Poison]:

Elite Four:
[1] Shauntal [Ghost]
[3] Caitlin [Psychic]
[4] Grimsley [Dark]
[C] Marshal [Fighting]

I like the ideas, but I don't see Shizui location being in Undella more then likely it will be in West Unova. And he will be the second gym leader. Not really high on the idea of Drayden passing away either. I could see him replace Alder if Alder steps down. Or pass on the gym to Iris and just be the mayor of Opelucid.

Kaori
April 22nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Personally I don't want to see Chili as a leader. I didn't care for the trio in the game or their monkeys so I'd rather not see a gym focusing on him alone for that matter.
I'd want to see the game focus on one of them. u_u Especially since older Pokémon made their way into the games, I can see Chili having some of them with Pansear (or its evolution) as his main. Not too bad, and I'd like to see it happen. Plus I'm really curious to find out what kind of structure his gym would have.

Hikomi Yuuki
April 22nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
^ I dunno, I feel like the great thing about the Striaton Gym is that it was supervised by a trio of close brothers, three basic types coverage,and not just one person specialized in one type of Pokemon.
Letting Chili have his own gym would ruin that charm. :\
I'm still hoping for a fire type gym, though...And a dark type one sounds like an awesome idea.

Kenshin5
April 22nd, 2012, 09:06 AM
^ I dunno, I feel like the great thing about the Striaton Gym is that it was supervised by a trio of close brothers, three basic types coverage,and not just one person specialized in one type of Pokemon.
Letting Chili have his own gym would ruin that charm. :\
I'm still hoping for a fire type gym, though...And a dark type one sounds like an awesome idea.
I wholeheartedly agree. Hate to quote Three Musketeers but their seems to be "All for one and one for all" type of thing going on with their gym. If you take one away or have one gone it seems to ruin the whole aspect or gimmick they were trying to bring with them and the monkeys.

Now I would love to see a Fire Gym, just not one with him as the leader. As far as Dark goes if change in the gym scene occurs I want it to be Dark as that change.

Esper
April 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Going by what I can see from youtube videos it looks like the colors they have are orange, blue, purple, grey, yellow, red, green, and indigo. If they were meant to represent gym types you'd expect to see Fire (orange), Water (blue), Poison (purple), Steel (grey), Electric (yellow), Fighting (red), Grass (green) and Dragon (indigo). Not an impossible mix given what we know currently, but I think it's just that they used the 7 colors of the rainbow plus an extra one (grey) to even out the number.

Khrysta
April 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Based on the map we will be going Starter City -> Second City -> Port City -> Castella -> Nimbasa -> Driftvell -> etc. Its the same city order cause the other half is still covered in ice on the map. Even if its an advertising ploy, they still show the primary route, so it may only be two Gyms that changed cause only two gyms are covered.

s2daam
April 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
A good chance that Shizui is in Undella Bay!
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1425/sanazami.png

Shiny Celebi
April 22nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
How do we know any gyms have changed? Perhaps we may get to battle the original leaders later on after the Elite 4 or something. This change that happened in Unova might not be permanent( we dont know what it is or what caused it yet, so we cant say its absolutely not reversable yet.)

Kaori
April 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM

Interesting. But it doesn't make sense since he only has 3 Pokémon on his team. Perhaps after you've beaten the Elite Four he is found over there for a short while? I'm leaning towards his gym being found in an earlier city/town still.

April 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM

That looks like a new town, maybe he appears there afterwards to tell the player something, or perhaps that's his hometown.
I'm expecting a fire gym seeing how we have a water gym, possibly even a Grass gym.

DracoFreezeFlame
April 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
This is what I hope will happen in terms of gym leaders:
If 8, in no particular order:
Water: Shizui (blue)
Posien: Homika (purple)
Fighting: Marshel (he was demoted)(red)
Rock: new female leader (orange)
Bug: Burgh (green)
Flying(white)/steel(black): Skyla(a new face among the historic setting)/Jasmine(an old face among the futruistic setting) (grey)
Dragon: Iris (indigo)
Ground: Clay (yellow)
(if ten:
Normal: Aloe
Ghost: Shauntel: (same as Marshal))
Elite Four:
Grass: Cilan, who left his two brothers to run the resturant
Pyschic: Catilin
Electric/Fire: Elesa and a new male, who is insane in the brain(also why the region is still frozen over)
Dark: Grimsly
New Champion: New Villain, who leads a new group with a diffrent person as a figure-head trying to freeze the world over, starting with Unova, leading them from behind the scenes. He lost Kyruem during the main story, who you obtain, but he has replaced him. Mixed, but 4 of the 6 are part Ice types. He replaces Kyruem with the opposite games mascot from the first version.
After you beat the champion, you force him to unfreeze the region, allowing you to visit the past towns. He is then replaced as champion with the main character from the first set who is of your gender.

Azure
April 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
So in Black & White, unexpectedly there were no Gym Rematches which may have been done purposely, This brings me to the question do you think there will be Gym rematches in B2W2 considering there were none in Black & White? Also if there are how will they affect the storyline, will there be a purpose for this?

Khrysta
April 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
It wasn't exactly an Unexpected removal. Diamond and Pearl didn't have Gym Rematches. Emerald was the first I think with rematches with the Trainer Eyes, and then Platinum's was through the Villa. HG/SS was through the call feature. All were restricted, HG/SS's being most restricted, you have to call at a specific time period to get them to rematch you and then travel to Saffron for the rematches.

Since this is the first time we have "sequels" in the Pokemon series, its hard to tell whether or not they'd bring them back.

giradialkia
April 22nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
I mentioned somewhere else that I believe Game Freak are sorta mashing the 'third game's idea with a sequel idea; of course, that's because they knew we were expecting it.
I'm pretty sure we'll get rematches one way or another in B2/W2. In BW the Xtransciever wasn't used all that much in the story, and it's a perfectly viable way to have gym leaders call you. Be it that way or another, I think we'll get rematches in B2/W2 :)

Killjoy
April 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
I'm really hopping they do implement it, but I'm sure they will. I'm thinking it wont really effect the story too much; It'll probably take effect after the main story anyway.

I'm hopping rebattling them is straightforward though, unlike HG/SS.

I think it would be cool if, after the main story ends, you rechallenged them by finding them out in the different routes throughout the game, at any time, not just talking to them in their gym at a certen time to get their phone number. Like the water dude could be found out on an island or by the beach or something.

PlatinumDude
April 22nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm hoping for gym rematches because I want my Pokemon to have a bit more EXP before rematching the E4, plus I want to see the native Gym Leaders use Pokemon from other regions.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
April 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
NEED Gym Rematches!! In Platinum, they have the Battleground where random Gym Leaders appear once everyday for you to battle... (That's how I kept myself entertained outside the BF). I hope GF will add a Battleground in Unova.

Asuf
April 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
I definetely want to see rematches in this game and I hope we don't need a specific time, just day at least, I keep missing times in HG/SS! I also want as many battles in this game as the last, I felt there wasn't enough for some reason. I also hope we may rematch regular trainers as well.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
Like you guys, I also think rematches would be awesome. :3 You could always have Unova-only Pokemon at first, then in the rematch, add in the others that aren't from Unova. If not, maybe have max four Pokemon for each trainer the first time around, then six the next time, since iirc B/W didn't have any six Pokemon leaders.

ultimaleo
April 23rd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Yes, I totally agree with rematches, but maybe a little more simple than HG/SS. I only got to have one rematch as I kept missing the time. I also agree with you Forever, maybe as you have more and more rematches the Gym Leaders also keep getting stronger, thus, providing entertainment and EXP.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 01:27 AM
More exp would be good, but how high would they go? Like you could give them a cap of level uhh 70, and with the highest being around 40 or so, it increases by 10 levels each time you rematch, so then effectively it could be another way to earn exp other than just Audino grinding. :3 Maybe limit to one rematch a week thoughhh.

Kaori
April 23rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
More exp would be good, but how high would they go? Like you could give them a cap of level uhh 70, and with the highest being around 40 or so, it increases by 10 levels each time you rematch, so then effectively it could be another way to earn exp other than just Audino grinding. :3 Maybe limit to one rematch a week thoughhh.
I'd like that, and the highest the Elite went to was 77 (that being Alder) so the Gym Leaders still remain lower leveled which is a good thing! Though I really want rematches to not have any sort of time limit. You rematch as you please, but you still have to go in the order from the first gym to the eighth before you go back to the first gym to have another rematch.

I really want to see gym rematches take place though, like please. :( I really wanna battle Homika more than once haha.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah idk, I know being in order makes sense but B/W gave us freedom with e4 at least, so I'd like to think B2W2 would give us that sort of freedom with gym leader rematches in B2W2. :x

Jellicent♀
April 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
One thing I love about Gym battles is the possibility of seeing their teams get even stronger after you defeat them the first time. I really hope they do include a rematch feature, and maybe make some more use of the Xtransiever.
But I agree with Forever, I'd like to be able to choose who I go up against when I want to, like HG/SS did.

dreamcatcher
April 23rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
I'd really like to see more than just eight gyms, and rematches. In the anime there's been more than eight gyms, so why not in the games? Also, leveled gyms would be an interesting change.

Sector
April 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
The rematches is a very excellent addition. Why wasn't there in Black and White 1, was the question I first thought. I prefer battling the gym leaders over the Elite Four anyway to be honest. If they do not add that feature of the rematch for Black/White 2, it will be a huge disappointment. I can't believe I totally forgot about this earlier I would had loved to battle Elesa/Skyla over and over again like I did with Whitney, Erika, Claire, Misty and Sabrina in HG/SS. Come on, don't disappoint us!

April 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
For rematches I'll like it if during the first rematch you have to go to their gym for the match like in Emerald. Also I'll like it if they had a feature in which we could pick what type of battle style we want our rematch at the time to be, like we could have triple battles one day, and the next time we return we could pick the same or another, thus adding more variety to the rematches.

Kaori
April 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah idk, I know being in order makes sense but B/W gave us freedom with e4 at least, so I'd like to think B2W2 would give us that sort of freedom with gym leader rematches in B2W2. :x

But I agree with Forever, I'd like to be able to choose who I go up against when I want to, like HG/SS did.
Well if this were the case, I'd still prefer if there was no time limit nor specific dates specifying when we could rematch them. Like plenty of people, I would probably miss it and/or not really care to. :[ Kind of like the Casteliacones, I always miss the days we get 'em, so I don't really bother with them much.

Aside from the whole rematch situation, I wish that none of the Gym Leaders have duplicate Pokémon again. At all. Elesa had two Emolga, and that slot could have well been saved for a great Electric type like Joltik. Now that older Pokémon are here, the Gym Leaders have no excuse to have two of the same Pokémon.

April 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I can see Elesa having a Raichu or a Pikachu depending if she appears and what number she is, and maybe have Emoga too...hopefully her whole team won't just be Pika clones though, that would be too easy...

Kenshin5
April 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Based on the map we will be going Starter City -> Second City -> Port City -> Castella -> Nimbasa -> Driftvell -> etc. Its the same city order cause the other half is still covered in ice on the map. Even if its an advertising ploy, they still show the primary route, so it may only be two Gyms that changed cause only two gyms are covered.
I could see this being the order if the map is really frozen and you can't access the areas.

How do we know any gyms have changed? Perhaps we may get to battle the original leaders later on after the Elite 4 or something. This change that happened in Unova might not be permanent( we dont know what it is or what caused it yet, so we cant say its absolutely not reversable yet.)
We don't, at this point everything is just speculation. I assume by change you mean the frozen areas?

Interesting. But it doesn't make sense since he only has 3 Pokémon on his team. Perhaps after you've beaten the Elite Four he is found over there for a short while? I'm leaning towards his gym being found in an earlier city/town still.
I agree, I don't really see Shizui gym being all the way over there when he has three pokes and that area isn't anywhere near the protagonist home town.

This is what I hope will happen in terms of gym leaders:
If 8, in no particular order:
Water: Shizui (blue)
Posien: Homika (purple)
Fighting: Marshel (he was demoted)(red)
Rock: new female leader (orange)
Bug: Burgh (green)
Flying(white)/steel(black): Skyla(a new face among the historic setting)/Jasmine(an old face among the futruistic setting) (grey)
Dragon: Iris (indigo)
Ground: Clay (yellow)
(if ten:
Normal: Aloe
Ghost: Shauntel: (same as Marshal))
Elite Four:
Grass: Cilan, who left his two brothers to run the resturant
Pyschic: Catilin
Electric/Fire: Elesa and a new male, who is insane in the brain(also why the region is still frozen over)
Dark: Grimsly
New Champion: New Villain, who leads a new group with a diffrent person as a figure-head trying to freeze the world over, starting with Unova, leading them from behind the scenes. He lost Kyruem during the main story, who you obtain, but he has replaced him. Mixed, but 4 of the 6 are part Ice types. He replaces Kyruem with the opposite games mascot from the first version.
After you beat the champion, you force him to unfreeze the region, allowing you to visit the past towns. He is then replaced as champion with the main character from the first set who is of your gender.
If anything I see Marshall promoted since he was Alder student, I don't see why he would be demoted unless he asked for it. Also I the set up off the Elite Four seems unrealistic that they have two gym leaders get promoted while two apparently get demoted. Even if the two left the Elite Four I don't see them as gym leaders. I'd like too think of Shauntel as a book keeper if she wasn't apart of the Elite Four. That would be interesting to see the Champ of the previous game face you. But the evil head seems unrealistic as well, albeit Giovanni was a gym leader.

So in Black & White, unexpectedly there were no Gym Rematches which may have been done purposely, This brings me to the question do you think there will be Gym rematches in B2W2 considering there were none in Black & White? Also if there are how will they affect the storyline, will there be a purpose for this?
As already said it wasn't done in Diamond and Pearl. As well as Ruby and Sapphire so with the Third installment like Emerald and Plat I see them be rematchable.

One thing I love about Gym battles is the possibility of seeing their teams get even stronger after you defeat them the first time. I really hope they do include a rematch feature, and maybe make some more use of the Xtransiever.
On top of that its nice too see the pokemon that comprise their new team. And the rematch system where you meet them somewhere is interesting as well too keep from HGSS.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Aside from the whole rematch situation, I wish that none of the Gym Leaders have duplicate Pokémon again. At all. Elesa had two Emolga, and that slot could have well been saved for a great Electric type like Joltik. Now that older Pokémon are here, the Gym Leaders have no excuse to have two of the same Pokémon.

Yeah I agree, considering that we'll probably have a good choice earlier on, the gym leaders can have a much larger choice themselves of what to use. Though I guess I wouldn't mind duplicates, especially if it's an easy to beat duplicate. :x Don't see the early leaders having them though. XD;

Khrysta
April 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah I agree, considering that we'll probably have a good choice earlier on, the gym leaders can have a much larger choice themselves of what to use. Though I guess I wouldn't mind duplicates, especially if it's an easy to beat duplicate. :x Don't see the early leaders having them though. XD;
You know they will anyway XD Gamefreak is full of trolls. Watch Homika have 2 Koffing. Just to spite us.

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Oh God please no, considering she only has two... no Venipede?! She's gotta have Venipede, they can't do this to me. Do it on the water leader pleaseeeeee ;__;

Khrysta
April 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Oh God please no, considering she only has two... no Venipede?! She's gotta have Venipede, they can't do this to me. Do it on the water leader pleaseeeeee ;__;

Is it bad that I see him pulling a Misty/Koga?

Lotad....Lombre....Ludicolo.

Gamefreak: Trololololol

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
Omg, I would kinda like that. I mean it might be annoying to beat early on, but assuming you have bug types and poison types around there (well going from the logic that B/W showed us of making it easier), you should be fine tbh.

DracoFreezeFlame
April 23rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Or better yet she has a crogunk or rosalia

Forever
April 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
No issue w/ that, considering that they seem like they'd be found early on, and both would "beat" what we think the next gym leader is, so it fits.

Khrysta
April 23rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
You kinda have to ask how soon they are avialable though. If Homika is the first Gym we could only get to the upper 20s in the Pokedex if the Encounter order is the same as B/W

We only got to #21 with the possibility of the Panpour Gift, catch wise only up to #15 with Purrloin. Lenora allowed us to go to #45 Sawk.

If they follow that order there really wouldn't be much available before Homika, this is only valid if they don't allow us to go past her City like how most First Gym restrictions are.

So far Mareep and Psyduck are the only possibilities I see before Homika with the info presented and I'm stretching the What if factor with Psyduck based on B/W encounter releases. Not to mention Tile restrictions. (Cave, Grass, or Water)

Kaori
April 24th, 2012, 01:48 AM
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[

Sector
April 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I want Homika to at least have a Scolipede really. That's all I want, and GameFreak can put whatever in the next slot. :[
It definitely suits her with that guitar. If and when they possibly have that rematch option added by the gym leaders this time, it shouldn't matter what she has from the start or not? Since it'd seem like many of us would be battling her like crazy anyway! :bandit: (Judging that she will have full party of 6 anyway and Scolipede would be highly added to her party then!) Wanted to share a photo of Homika from the anime:

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/SectorRevenge/Pokemon/15dlw8n.png

garjora
April 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM
To be honest it doesn't bother me if a Gym Leader has duplicates.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I just hope that her Scoliopede has Poison Point... God, I hate facing Pokemon with that ability... Same thing with Elesa's Static-equipped Emolga in the originals...

With that said, though, she and Clay would be my choices for Gym Leaders in B/W that I would like to see return... either as Gym Leaders again or being promoted to Elite Four. The rest of the Gym Leaders in B/W never really resonated with me:/

April 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I have a feeling that we might be getting another steal gym in this game, he or she could have Lucario and Metagross, two confirmed pokemon to be in this game.
I also want Elesa and Clay to return, Clay doesn't seem like the one retire...maybe he was promoted to the E4 after the way he helped gather the leaders against Team Plasma's Sages.

Kenmoor
April 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Hey I just had a new idea. :shocked: What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games". :laugh:
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.

PlatinumDude
April 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hey I just had a new idea. :shocked: What if this new Professor, Akuroma, has his own Gym!? This could be that groundbreaking idea that Game Freak has been dying to tell us. He could be another Gary Gym with all it's varied Pokemon and whatnot. Well, of course he has the decision of picking Pokemon from 3 different regions so varied teams are definitely a must.
If this comes true I'll call myself the "Seer of Pokemon Games". :laugh:
The pictures below are from the Pokemon wiki and apparently I use the pictures below under the U.S. copyright law of Fair Use.

If Akuroma does turn out to be one of the Gym Leaders, then what type will he specialize in? Psychic (that's my guess)?

Forever
April 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Oh wow, didn't think of that. Maybe he could be the new flying leader cause of his hair and Skyla's new job is to transport people to the mountain. :x

Kenmoor
April 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
If Game Freak tries to make the Black 2/White 2 games fresher, should the Professors have a Gym to themselves? We all know they're capable of becoming a Gym leader but should our random region Professor/next door neighbor stand in the way of our dream to become a Pokemon champion because as Arceus knows we can't become a Pokemon Master :(.
Is this ethical at all, to have your mentor stand in your way to become a Pokemon Champion?

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
You absolutely certain every Pokémon Professor would be qualified to be a leader? :P

It'd be a twist, yes. But I couldn't imagine it happening this turn of the generation. Now, Akuroma as a Gym Leader is by far not something I can't imagine.

Nevertheless, it's being discussed in the Gym Leader speculation thread, so I'll be merging the thread.

Khrysta
April 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
That would be an interesting twist to the game...also Akuroma is a Researcher not a Professor. Which could help the speculation further as each Gym Leader basically researches their own specific type. Bugsy was just a Super Bug Catcher and Blain was a Scientist.

You could say that a Roark was a Researcher of sorts with his love for fossils.

April 24th, 2012, 09:45 PM
And Steven who loved stones
Anyways, the proffesor being a gym leader would be interesting, and considering he reseaches strength he'll most likely be a fighting gym leader.

Kaori
April 25th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Akuroma as a Gym Leader? That's interesting. It would be epic to have a battle with him, though him being the Professor not only makes me wonder what type of Pokémon he could have, but what city/town will the gym be at, and when do we get to battle him? I wouldn't expect to battle him early on.

I think he may as well be our multi-type gym maybe?

Forever
April 25th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Fighting leader? Boringgg. Give him a deep role or something related to how he looks plz, or just go with the multi-leader as mentioned, and he could be the leader for the first city which you don't battle til the end. :3

Esper
April 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I also want Elesa and Clay to return
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.

Jellicent♀
April 25th, 2012, 10:25 AM
If Elesa does return she needs a new outfit. Not that the one is bad, but if you're a model you need new outfits. And if she does reappear and does have a new look I could maybe see her having a new type specialty to match it, but doubt they'd do something like that as much as it would be a fun twist.

I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.

Kaori
April 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
That is true. If she changes outfits, she should have a different hairstyle too though. maybe she'd have been the one to set the crazy hair trend, pretty believable to me
I would think that it's pretty much a given fact that they would change at least a little something, especially considering these are sequels, and not remakes. Clay definitely needs something other than those chaps. Good lord man.

I doubt that the leaders themselves would have changed type. maybe the gym's main type if the previous leader is no longer there, but not the leader themselves. Though, it would be a nice little twist.
Though the Gym Leaders don't seem all that young (like the leaders in RSE), maybe they could have possibly settled to follow another dream. Not necessarily go into an entirely new direction in the region, but take on a new type of Gym Pokémon. It's still possible, I mean like you said, these are sequels.

wombateiro
April 25th, 2012, 11:34 AM
If Homika is really first leader I think she might have Venipede and Skorupi. Skorupi has suitable stats for first leader's Pokemon.

Bulbapedia says that Shizui speaks Kyushu dialect in Japanese version. Hoenn is Kyushu's counterpart, does that mean he's from Hoenn? If that's true, he might have Ludicolo which would suit his gym. He could also have Corphish and Chinchou which is common in Hoenn's underwater.

tj4bigred
April 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)

Forever
April 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I just want a dark type gym, considering there has never been one before. They have to make one eventually, right?

With Sneasel, Purrloin, Sandile, Scraggy, Vullaby, Zorua, Pawniard, Deino, and Umbreon, I gotta think you could make a pretty good gym. (I'm not including Tyranitar for obvious enough reasons)

Well if it's the last one, basically hmm, I'd say out of those, the evos of Pawniard, Deino, Scraggy and Sandile are likely. Others don't really seem like they'd fit the last gym :(

Kaori
April 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I can see Umbreon being part of a dark type Gym Leader team. I mean Eevee keeps appearing in the trailers, certainly one of the Gym Leaders should have the evolution of one.

Forever
April 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah I agree, but they seem like they'd fit into other gyms. For example Flareon in the gym we predict is fire and so on. Umbreon just doesn't seem like a gym Pokemon. XD; Idk why tbh.

Kenmoor
April 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM
If there is/will be a Dark Gym then i'm screwed. :paranoid: Usually most of my teams, at the time of the 6th Gym, are 1/2 Ghost and Psychic.
I wonder how this Dark Gym challenge could go anyways? Like Fatima's Ghost Gym? 100 Questions Quiz Time!
Anyways I wanna see a Dual Type Gym. That's right Dual Type. Maybe Fire and Water? Water and Ice? Dark and Psychic? So many possibilities! But of course this Gym will probably occur at mid-game where we could actually have a good team to counter the two types.

Forever
April 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Questions? Nah that wouldn't be very "dark". Maybe the leader would be cloaked like in Kanto? As for a dual-type gym, I kinda doubt it, I mean we just had triples and we know they're gone so idk why they'd jump back to dual :(

April 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah the dark gym would probably be to navigate a hidden path like with Morty.

You know what we need? A late game Rock gym. Show people that Rock pokemon aren't just some scrubs easily beaten by water pokemon.

Forever
April 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Unless it's in Dragonspiral tower, idk where else it can fit post-game. :(

April 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Rock could fit in a new town if they added anymore.
Perhaps the gyms are balanced out, so no matter which starter you pick there is a challenge at at least one point in the game.

Reshiram Man
April 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.

April 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
We need another fire gym. Blaine was in 1st Generation, Flannery in 3rd Generation, and 5th needs an actual Fire gym to keep the chain going.
Agreed, I would like to see another cool fire gym leader, they're quite likeable imo. And seeing how the Unova Pokedex is quite large they could have quite the selection of fire Pokemon compared to the other two.

Guy
April 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Fire-type Gym set up in the Unova Region. I never noticed the odd number pattern before, but just to keep up an "unofficial" trend going, then I'd be all for it. Even more so that we'll now have a Water-type Gym and more than likely the Trio Gym will be replaced(?).

I'd also like to see a Dark-type Gym for the first time, however, if Grimsley is still kept as an Elite member, then it probably won't happen until maybe the 6th Generation comes out.

I'm actually hoping we get a couple other new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui added in. It would definitely make the experience of the games feel more like a new journey, and that's something I'd like, since Black and White didn't leave the best impression on me.

Gleam Noiyam
April 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.

Zayphora
April 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
A dark gym would be great. I'd also like to see a legitimate grass gym, one later in the game, maybe around 6th challenge? As I always pick the water starter a real grass gym and not just a fake one with a monkey would give me a great challenge. I use dark and psychic types a lot later in the games, but not in the gym challenges really so if they do have any "extra" gyms I'd like to see an antagonistic type for both.

★Midnight★
April 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.

Zayphora
April 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'd love to see a Dark type gym! But of course, I think the only gyms that will be replaced are Striaton's city gym and Nacrene city gym, because those two cities are covered in ice. The rest of the gyms will stay...I think.

i agree, sadly...then the only true new gyms will be Homika and Shizui...but hopefully they will do some sort of "extra gym"...

All i can say is, i want rematches.

Hikamaru
April 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Well, Electric's shown up in 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations, but never in the Elite Four. I think Electric needs to be moved from a Gym to Elite Four status.

And actually, a Rock gym could be challenging this time around no matter where it is. Just make sure they have a Boldore or two. The combo of Sturdy and Sand Attack/Mud Slap and various powerful offensive attacks caused me much aggravation in B/W; surely a Gym Leader armed with that powerful weapon of mass frustration could pose a major threat during the course of the game.

I would like to see an Electric E4 member, we've had 4 Electric Gym Leaders but no E4 members.

These types have yet to be specialized by an E4 member: Electric, Flying, Grass, Normal, Rock, Steel and Water.

I'm hoping for a new Dark-type Gym too.

Forever
April 28th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Here's my theory: I think that after you beat the game there will be more gyms to complete the other gyms will open seeing as there are now more towns. Perhaps you will have to earn 16 badges in Unova now? That would be interesting and just like G/S/C.

16? I'd love the extra challenge but I don't think GF are that nice. ;; Maybe like, 12 but not the complete 16 or something tbh. If there's a few other gyms that'd be nice, but ya I guess I'll deal with just Homika/Water leader if that's what there's gunna be. :(

Aquarius1997
April 28th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

Ex Fire- gym inside a volcano
Electric- Gym is a power plant
Poisen-( in the future) maybe in a hospitol and the gym leader is a doctor

IKawaiiThief
April 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18

April 28th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I'm thinking that there will be no more new gyms. Perhaps the replacing two is a call back to Kanto in GS, I mean Unova is an expy of Kanto...

Khrysta
April 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
With the revelation of Homika and Shizui, I can definitely see there being new gyms. I kinda want 16 Gyms, probably 8 during the main story and another 8 to fight post story, but it doesn't seem likely.

Homika-Poison-Koffing level 15, Venipede level 13

Shizui-Water- Psyduck level 20, Alomola level 18

Shizui has three Pokemon. Still think he's gunna Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo us.

Kenmoor
April 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Even though this is very unlikely to occur in the 5th generation(only because of the map) i would love to see the gyms added with thier respective enviroments instead of in a building in the middle of the city

That's a good idea. Game Freak has tried to do that-ish. Ex. Eterna City has Eterna Forest before it hinting the coming of a grass-type leader. It always amazed me that a forest could fit in a Gym. Also Castelia Gym got me so confused. I mean really, honey coated walls and a nature theme in a city metropolis? The dude didn't even have a Combee!

ShadowStriatonTriad
April 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I can't wait to meet and challenge the new gyms. Though, I do hope that at least the Striaton Gym Leaders make an appearance in this next game.

Forever
April 30th, 2012, 06:01 AM

That would be nice! Only thing that may possibly be likely is the volcano gym... it could happen considering there's ice everywhere and a volcano could be dormant somewhere! Electric ya I doubt they'd relocate completely if Elesa's gym type stays, and for poison, ya not happening sadly :(

Esper
April 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM

The gyms from BW mostly already did this.

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
4th gym (Electric) is in an amusement park with tons of bright lights.
5th gym (Ground) is in a mine shaft.
6th gym (Flying) is in an airplane hanger.
7th gym (Ice) is in an icy cave.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.

wombateiro
April 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM

1st gym (Fire/Water/Grass) is a cafe where you could get some tea (which you get by mixing hot water and tea leaves).
2nd gym (Normal) is a library and this is one where I don't quite see a direct connection.
3rd gym (Bug) is in a large city building which mimics how insects live: in large colonies like ants or bees.
8th gym (Dragon) is some kind of stone room with big dragon statues. That sorta fits.

Maybe 2nd gym is in library because books are basic sources of knowledge and normal types are considered to be the most basic types.

I think Homika's gym could be in the city with some kind of factory producing poisonous chemicals.

Kaori
April 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM

Speaking of the 7th Gym! I hope it's elsewhere to be honest. I mean why have an Ice type Gym Leader in Icirrus, where the city itself doesn't even deal with anything icy. :[ Plus there's randomly Dragonspiral Tower.

Zayphora
April 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...

Kaori
April 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I thought Icirrus was cute...The music was kind of irish! AND IT HAD CLAPPING!!!

Enough weirdness.

However, GAME FREAK kind of likes the Ice gym to be 7th, they did it in d/p/pt too. So I think they'll keep it. Off topic, but I hope they make there be a point to icirrus moor...it was pretty but pointless...
Yeah, but I was referring to the 7th Gym being moved into a different city or town. You see DPPt had Snowpoint, and an Ice type gym was perfect there. In Icirrus, not so much.

Thoughhh, I guess there really isn't any other place it could be. Unless somewhere on the east side of Unova there is a better icy/snow-ish themed town or city.

Forever
May 1st, 2012, 01:03 AM
Unless they move it to the mountain with the airport I don't really see where else it could fit. :x

Captain Fabio
May 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM
Personally I feel like it's the only option they have. These are sequels, and if we're playing as the same trainers we've already beaten the Unova gym leaders.

I agree with the above quote.
I think that if they are trying to make a version 1.5 of it, but slapping a 2 on instead, it needs to be from different angles to be convincing.

Forever
May 1st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Wolf suggested something about protags that made me think... perhaps Homika/Shizui's teams can be version exclusive. So in Black, Homika has Venipede, while in White, she has Trubbish! And they just go like that with each parallel. Might be a nice twist!

Jellicent♀
May 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
^ That would be cool as heck! Like, Koffing in one version, and Grimer in the other! That'd be sweet. I'd definitely be excited for that.
Shizui could also have one form of Basulin in one version, and then the other form in the other version!
Now I want this to happen. Make this happen. ;;

Quixote
May 1st, 2012, 08:01 PM
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?

Forever
May 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
Oh awesome, Basculin forms per version would make more sense than throwing anything together. Maybe Ducklett and Wingull - with each game concentrating more on the present or past aka new Pokemon or just Unova Polemon for the gym leaders.

And about Brycen yeah that could be logical and replace him with a new ice leader.

Aquarius1997
May 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I think they are going to move Brycen as well. He didn't really seem to "fit" with everyone. Maybe he's off researching Kyurem?

Once you think about it your right even though brycen did lead you to the dragonspiral tower i feel that his character was not developed enoughother than being a very softspoken moviestar(a girl said it in town)

Thats another thing i would like to the characters not just the gym leaders developed even more
For example if Homika is the rebellious daughter of janine

May 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.

Zayphora
May 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
!!!!just had an idea!!!!
What if they moved the Dragon gym to Icirrus, where I think it belongs, and then the Opelucid gym would be split-If you play Black, it would be Dark type,(because dark is black) and if you play White, it would be...Psychic? Or Fire? Those are bright types. And later you could battle the other one.

May 4th, 2012, 03:28 PM
^ I like that idea, but what would cause Opelucid's gym to move to Icirrus?
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.

Kaori
May 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I would like a dual type gym with dark, and psychic type gym leader twins.
Probably because there's Dragonspiral Tower and Druddigon is also found there. Though if the Dragon type Gym Leaders moved over to Icirrus, they'd better have more Dragon types appear in the wild. :B

Oh and I'd like to see a split between a Electric/Fire gym for Opelucid. Considering Chili may start his own separate Fire type Gym (if followed by anime); it also goes along with the red/blue scheme.

Forever
May 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM

Maybe because at that time it was too close to Lacunosa and the ice build up, isntead of the snow build-up was detrimental to the dragon Pokemon so they moved to the next closest place?

Cid
May 5th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Guys Icirrus City is undeniably icy during winter. Puddles frozen over, snow covering the city everywhere, I mean it felt really fitting for its name. Granted this season only happens thrice momentarily but I coincidentally reached Icirrus City during that season in-game so I had no qualms about it not being too Ice-type related. I guess Dragon-type in it would be okay 'cause you guys stated good reasons but I had no problem with the local Gym's Ice-typing.

Also I want the idea of version exclusive Pokémon for each Gym Leader to become a reality so much. And Opelucid City getting a Fire/Electric split would be neat but they would probably do it across versions and not in both. Still interesting if they do the imo probable!

wombateiro
May 5th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.

May 5th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I too think that the ice gym will stick in Icirrus even though I'm not all that sure Brycen will still be the gym leader. Personally I'll like him to move up to the E4, and get a new gym leader, perhaps a girl so that our number of ice gym leaders will be even by gender.

Kaori
May 5th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I think there still will be ice gym in Icirrus. That would make even more sense in B2/W2. If you look at "frozen" Unova map, Icirrus has something to do with ice. So, I think in Icirrus, we might learn about Kyurem being powerful ice-type who caused Icirrus to have snowy environment during the whole year - that would make Icirrus being snowy regardless of in which season player arrives there. In post game, after Kyurem's ice is gone, Icirrus would go back to it's normal seasonal environment.
True, I don't really think GF will move Brycen over anywhere else. To be honest, none of the gyms need to move desperately. I'm fine with where the gyms are placed, but I'd like for Icirrus to have more icy effects like you mentioned with Kyurem and all.

Zayphora
May 5th, 2012, 06:39 AM
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.

wombateiro
May 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
The reason that I thought that Opelucid should have a dark/psychic split is because those are typically the dark and light types so the gym design wouldn't technically have to be changed, as it focuses on black and white, and plus it goes with the split theme of the city.

I doubt Opelucid Gym will have another type. I think dragon gym will have connection to Kyurem's dragon typing, the same like ice gym in Icirrus will have connection to Kyurem's ice typing. Also, Black Opelucid is fitting to Black Kyurem's electricity (modern energy) and White Opelucid is fitting to White Kyurem's fire (ancient energy).

Father Time
May 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Almost positive we will see another Steel type gym.

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.

RudeStyle
May 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
The poison Gym leader has a koffing/weezing.

They have been guaranteed to be in the new game.

hinkage
May 5th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Based on the trailer, I think it's safe to say there's some new Gyms, or at least revamped Gyms. Or, maybe both. :D

Forever
May 5th, 2012, 10:30 PM

But where would it be? I don't know, I'm sure they are expanding the region anyways. So probably in a newer city. Probably be a male too.

In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(

Cid
May 6th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Oh right there was that steely area that kinda felt like an industrialized Driftveil City of sorts, it's likely they will place a Steel-type Gym Leader there. Very unlikely for that person to be female but I would love another take on the Jasmine character. I liked Jasmine the most out of the Johto Gym Leaders and also among the Steel-type Gym Leaders, so if they make a female one that's just as awesome, I might just have a new favourite.

If Opelucid does change type, it could be Ice to fit with Kyurem, or Fire/Electric depending on the version. I don't think they'll make Opelucid a gray area at all. After all, the titles are still named Black and White-- they're simply numbered sequels. Although what would have happened to Iris and Drayden, I don't know.

Oryx
May 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM
If they're still splitting Opelucid up with each game, I can't see them getting rid of one and having the same leader for both. But what I can see is Drayden retiring, and getting a new Dragon-type leader to replace him along with Iris. :3

Kaori
May 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
In that steel area we saw uhhh last week! I'd want it to be a female, though, so it relates back to Johto and there are too many men who have ground/rock etc those type of gyms. :(
Agreed. For once I'd like to see a female Gym Leader who's hardcore like Maylene, but just not with the Fighting types. Steel would be great though.

@Toujours ; I could see Drayden retiring, but I hope he still has a placement in the game and storyline. He did give us information about Zekrom and Reshiram and you would think after two years, he'd have known more about dragons like Kyurem.

Kenshin5
May 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
"Fit" with everyone?

I'm starting to think that Brycen might be replaced and made into an E4 (seeing how every odd gen has had an ice e4) so maybe the new gym leader could be a steel or possibly a rock gym to go with the DragonSpiral tower being a ruin.
Brycen be promoted sure is a possibility, but I don't see Dragon Spiral as ruins. And if they wanted something in the area to draw back to Rock or Steel gym they could just use Twist Mountain Mining.

I'm hoping for a still gym as well.

I have a feeling it may be in Driftveil or maybe Burgh was either replaced or relocated, because he didn't feel in place at Castelia.

Oryx
May 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
@Toujours ; I could see Drayden retiring, but I hope he still has a placement in the game and storyline. He did give us information about Zekrom and Reshiram and you would think after two years, he'd have known more about dragons like Kyurem.

What if, instead of a Gym Leader role, he had a role similar to Eusine? Since he gave information about the two main dragons, maybe he could be reappear researching Kyurem and help lead the player to it.

May 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
A steel female gym leader is a great idea, we need more steel gym leaders. I would like if she wore metallic clothing, maybe a futuristic style...she could be a model like Elesa.
Drayden will proably retire leaving Iris in both games.

Kaori
May 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM
What if, instead of a Gym Leader role, he had a role similar to Eusine? Since he gave information about the two main dragons, maybe he could be reappear researching Kyurem and help lead the player to it.
Yeah I could see that happening. Would be nice to battle him though.
A steel female gym leader is a great idea, we need more steel gym leaders. I would like if she wore metallic clothing, maybe a futuristic style...she could be a model like Elesa.
Drayden will proably retire leaving Iris in both games.
If there is a futuristic steel type Gym Leader, I can only see one being placed in Opelucid to be honest (the Black version). Then the dragon type gym would have to move and I'm not sure how that would work out.

Forever
May 9th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Yeah I could see that happening. Would be nice to battle him though.

If there is a futuristic steel type Gym Leader, I can only see one being placed in Opelucid to be honest (the Black version). Then the dragon type gym would have to move and I'm not sure how that would work out.

Why not have the futuristic steel leader in the area that has lots of steel? :( Opelucid reflects future/past yeaaah, but unless there's a uh, what's the word, vintage steel leader doubt it. XD

Jellicent♀
May 9th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Why not have the futuristic steel leader in the area that has lots of steel? :( Opelucid reflects future/past yeaaah, but unless there's a uh, what's the word, vintage steel leader doubt it. XD

Like a space center kind of gym? 8D
That would be epic. Instead of an airport, maybe Skyla's gym be a space center now! (idgaf what the map shows I want a space center there. D<)

Maybe in the more futuristic game there's a Steel gym, and in the "honor the past" game there be a Rock type gym! Like all fossil excavation kind of thing.

Azure
May 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Again, another rumour but:

New Gym Leader: Sutebia (Stevia)

Stevia is also a genus name for a bunch of plants related to sunflowers.

Does this seem real enough I mean it would tie in with the water gym leaving a fire gym leader to be revealed later down the line maybe in a couple of days but again which would relate to the Striaton Trio, it's just rumours currently & no confirmations yet.

Zayphora
May 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Opelucid reflects future/past yeaaah, but unless there's a uh, what's the word, vintage steel leader doubt it. XD

It could be a steampunk gym leader xDDDDDD

Kenshin5
May 9th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah I don't always buy into these "rumors" but I was hoping for a Grass Elite Four member instead. An actual Grass leader as opposed to a guy with a grass monkey is quite a welcome change. I thought Striation Trio gym was rather gimmicky and I ended up not caring for it.

Forever
May 9th, 2012, 06:46 PM
If that's true - fire/water/grass/poison/steel which gives us room for only three original leaders if this happens :( though that might be logical considering we can't access certain places.

Azure
May 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
They need to utilize the "not so popular" types into Gym Leaders i.e we always see Rock, Electric, Ice etc. but not once have we had a Dark type, adding a poison type is on the right track considering there has only ever been one before these games but it would be a nice change and variety.

PlatinumDude
May 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
They need to utilize the "not so popular" types into Gym Leaders i.e we always see Rock, Electric, Ice etc. but not once have we had a Dark type, adding a poison type is on the right track considering there has only ever been one before these games but it would be a nice change and variety.

I think a really nice twist to add to the Dark gym is the gym leader would turn out to be one of Grimsley's relatives. He/she would appear concerned over Grimsley's gaming/gambling habits, but that's just me.

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 02:10 AM
I agree that we should see less generic types, but not all in one game. Some of the basic usual gym types we have are fun. I'm glad that a water type gym is one (and separate), because it's my favorite type and it's usually fun to explore the gym. Plus the lily pads look cute. u_u

I think ice will be a given if Unova really is frozen around, and it would make perfect sense to have it again. I want it to be somewhat like the ice type gym back in RSE, but much harder.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 02:12 AM
So guys if the leaks are/were true, what would Cheren lead? Would we have a general gym without anything in particular if he really is/was one? :3

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 02:17 AM
He could be our typeless gym. Variety is good! I'd like to see how a gym like that would be designed though, and how we would get through it, ooo.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Well I think it'd have nothing special about it. Maybe a black/white coloured room which he stands in, sorta uhh, like what you saw in Opelucid. Perhaps he'd reside there!

Azure
May 11th, 2012, 04:45 AM
I hope this is true about Cheren being a leader although I can't decide what type he would specialise in, most likely diversity but maybe it would alter depending on your starter some how? Also that makes me think, if Cheren is in the game surely Bianca must have some roll in it?

May 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Bianca is rumored to appear too, who knows maybe she's the prof.
On Cheren, I can see him being like Blue, losing his starter and gaining a different Pokemon. Or perhaps he becomes our first Dark gym leader, keeping his dark cat, and replacing the rest...

vaporeon7
May 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I can see him being a lot like Blue as well. But he may get a completely new team because his current team is already too high a level to be a gym leader (unless they have a really long storyline).

Jellicent♀
May 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I really hope he isn't a Gym leader. :c
I want Cheren to appear, just not in that role.
To be honest, I don't think it'd make any sense for him to be a Dark type Leader. MAYBE Fighting due to Marshal kind of taking him in as did Alder, but if it were Dark I'd have no idea where that came from. The only that makes sense, to me, is if he were indeed typeless. I still don't want him to be a Leader, though. I want a new character to run the gym, pls. :c

May 11th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Well this is a GS expy so he proably is a gym leader as blue was...I would perfer for him to be typeless though, dark does seem a bit too farfetched...

Jellicent♀
May 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Apparently Coro Coro magazine confirms Cheren to be a Normal type Gym leader! Which, is something that makes me happy. Very!

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Though in the mini shot of a battle with him, it shows a Patrat. Which makes me believe that Cheren may be the 3rd gym and weak. u_u

Oh and Brycen is Homika's father? O_o That sure is a twist.

Jellicent♀
May 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Though in the mini shot of a battle with him, it shows a Patrat. Which makes me believe that Cheren may be the 3rd gym and weak. u_u

True. :c
Although it almost, ALMOST, looks as though his gym is actually in the beginning city. Not sure if that's it, or he just is very weak. Either way, he looks adorable in this game. <3
Hopefully just his Patrat is weak. I find it cute that he has one, though. But hey, Gym Leaders are the best at what they know, and are supposedly tough, so maybe he just knows SO MUCH about the type and Pokemon, they made him a Gym Leader?

From what I'm looking it, it seems that the player's Oshawott shown battling him is at level 11, so I'm thinking he may actually be before Homika. o3o

Khrysta
May 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Oh and Brycen is Homika's father? O_o That sure is a twist.

No CoroCoro says he has a confrontation WITH Homika's Father about the Pokewood thing.

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
No CoroCoro says he has a confrontation WITH Homika's Father about the Pokewood thing.
Haha Serebii edited. Well that's good at least, they look nothing alike. I wonder who Homika's father is though?

So if Homika, Shizui, Cheren, and Brycen are four of our Gym Leaders thus far, I wonder who else they will include. To be honest up to this point, I don't think we'll receive any new Gym Leaders or typings, unless some of them decide to take on their gyms to different routes with different types of Pokémon and all.

Jellicent♀
May 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM
^ Don't forget about Cheren! (if he really is one)
So it seems as though they won't be making too many changes to typing at all, so far as we know. Only two types have been confirmed to be coming back (Ice and Normal).

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I wonder what else Cheren will have. A lillipup? Maybe the last leader?! I just don't see him as an early leader lool despite having Patrat omg how did he take over Lenora soo many questions.

Bluerang1
May 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
He has a Patrat -_- So he's not the last leader. I heard he's the first.

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
If he's the first Gym Leader, I do not like where this is going. Homika only has two Pokémon, and then Shizui has three. One, two, three? That's not bland at all!

Plus if Cheren's only Pokémon is a Patrat...there's just no way.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Patrat can be for show HE COULD BE DEMONSTRATING how to catch Pokemon while really have a Stoutland and Bouffalant and not wanna show his gym leader skillzzzz.

Bluerang1
May 11th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Plus the first Badge is the Normal Badge. So Cheren's first.

Kaori
May 11th, 2012, 08:32 PM
An Oshawott is shown battling the Patrat, and assuming that is the protagonist, yeah I don't see how that would be demonstrating -- especially since he would be on the other side of the battlefield.

Cheren, oh you disappoint. :[ He should've been at least the 4th or 5th Gym Leader.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Okay okay you people win with my lack of vision but wow first that doesnt really fulfill his aspirations at all does it.. :(

Kenshin5
May 11th, 2012, 09:02 PM
True. :c
Although it almost, ALMOST, looks as though his gym is actually in the beginning city. Not sure if that's it, or he just is very weak. Either way, he looks adorable in this game. <3
Hopefully just his Patrat is weak. I find it cute that he has one, though. But hey, Gym Leaders are the best at what they know, and are supposedly tough, so maybe he just knows SO MUCH about the type and Pokemon, they made him a Gym Leader?

From what I'm looking it, it seems that the player's Oshawott shown battling him is at level 11, so I'm thinking he may actually be before Homika. o3o
He seems to be as a teachers role, and there is a training school in the first town so it would only seem natural that he be the Leader there if both are the case. Although I am extremely disappointed in his turn out, they could have done a lot more with him then that.

Haha Serebii edited. Well that's good at least, they look nothing alike. I wonder who Homika's father is though?

So if Homika, Shizui, Cheren, and Brycen are four of our Gym Leaders thus far, I wonder who else they will include. To be honest up to this point, I don't think we'll receive any new Gym Leaders or typings, unless some of them decide to take on their gyms to different routes with different types of Pokémon and all.
Do we have confirmation Brcyen still retains his position as a Gym Leader? For all we know he went from Leader to someone who operates these PokeWood or whatever they are called events. Kind of like how Caitlin went from Frontier Brain(although Darach fighting on here behalf) and then an Elite Four member.

May 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Wow Cheren is disappointing...he's the opposite of what Blue was in GS...is this Gf trolling us again? Maybe we battle Cheren for practice and then we come back and battle him for real...wow I sound like Forever...

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Wow Cheren is disappointing...he's the opposite of what Blue was in GS...is this Gf trolling us again? Maybe we battle Cheren for practice and then we come back and battle him for real...wow I sound like Forever...

loool

Well with Brycen mentioned down below, he'd be leading the sixth gym yeah? Actually we may even skip Nimbasa/Castelia as gyms... HMMM since Nimbasa's ferris wheel area is expanded.

Killjoy
May 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Maybe Cheren has learned that being a camp isn't just about being strong, and their making a point about that by making him an early gym, using a week Pokémon, as apposed to his more powerful team? I don't know, could explain it I guess.

Forever
May 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM
But if that happened where would he put all his old Pokemon? Maybe there might be another gym later on that has Cheren's Pokemon, while he uses theirs so he... gets skilled in using other people's Pokemon? XD; Dunnooo.

Hikamaru
May 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM
My bet is Cheren is the first Gym Leader, he gives out the Basic Badge.

I don't get why he's using Normal-types, his name means "black".

I saw this evidence through a CoroCoro scam shown on Serebii.

Khrysta
May 11th, 2012, 11:25 PM
It shows his badge as the first one in the new case so Cheren is definatly first. As for why he took over...Maybe Lenora got Pregnant and couldn't keep the gym running.

Just took a look at the screen shot with the badge case again. The Second Badge silhouette SCREAMS Homika. So looks like she's Second and we may still follow the 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 pattern unless they show more Gyms.

AWsquared
May 11th, 2012, 11:35 PM
The scans shows the Basic Badge being first so I'm assuming Cheren's first. Though that slightly contradict's his motto of being strong. Maybe he had an odd revelation or something. GameFreak keeps throwing in curve balls with tons of surprises who I don't know what's gonna happen.

Azure
May 12th, 2012, 03:36 AM
"Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)"

So I'll assume he'll have a Patrat & Lillipup or something like that although as other people have said it would be more fitting for him to have a full team of Normal types.

BryGuy Shinigami
May 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM
He could be weak in the first battle (for the badge) and in the rematches, he brings his B/W team or something like having his REAL strength.

Forever
May 12th, 2012, 05:09 AM
My bet is Cheren is the first Gym Leader, he gives out the Basic Badge.

I don't get why he's using Normal-types, his name means "black".

I saw this evidence through a CoroCoro scam shown on Serebii.

So you think he should've been dark...? Well, maybe he's just the gym leader for normal in Black 2, while there's another one in White 2?

Esper
May 12th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Do we have confirmation Brcyen still retains his position as a Gym Leader? For all we know he went from Leader to someone who operates these PokeWood or whatever they are called events. Kind of like how Caitlin went from Frontier Brain(although Darach fighting on here behalf) and then an Elite Four member.
Yeah, I don't think he's a gym leader this time around. The scan says he was a gym leader in BW. All the others say they are gym leaders. It looks from the scan like he's gone into movie making.

Azure
May 13th, 2012, 03:43 AM
If Brycen isn't a gym leader then it's either two things, one there's a couple of more new undiscovered Gym leaders or two Shikima (Water leader) takes his place. Yes he has 3 Pokémon but so did Brycen at that point in the game.

Cameo
May 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I'm actually really excited about the fact that some of the old gym leaders will be replaced and we'll get introduced to new ones.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but if Basic Badge is the first one the player will get then that could mean either two things. It might be that Cilan, Chili and Cress will have another role in the game or then they just don't have a gym at their possession anymore or have been ranked up. So they might just have become stronger and taken the place of for example fourth gym.

Nevertheless I'm quite happy that there's again a gym leader who uses Poison type because the only one so far has been Koga and he left to join Johto Elite Four later on. Shizui in the other hands, I'm really disappointed. We've had during these last five generations too many gym leaders using Water type i.e. Misty, Wallace who became Hoenn Champion in Emerald, Juan, Crasher Wake and now this new one. Ugh.

Personally I'd wanted to see a gym leader who'd been using Dark type for example because there hasn't been a single one of them so far. Hopefully also Unova Elite Four will be changed more or less. I didn't really care to battle agains such weak trainers who are supposed to be E4 after all. But enough about that in this topic.

By far I'm pretty satisfied for the information that's been revealed already because in B&W gym leaders were really poor and didn't stand a match at all. ^_^ Maybe it all changes now in B&W2.

Azure
May 13th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I too hope most of the gym leaders are replaced, after all we don't know about Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden & Iris so potentially they could all be replaced with different typings hopefully including Dark and other low used types.

Cameo
May 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I'd personally want to ditch all of them actually. Even though Johto's gym leaders are said to be the weakest ones they gave a challenge still. Unova's were the worst by far. I really hated especially Elesa, Clay and Skyla because they were so... irritating and weak.

And I don't understand why they all had only three pokémons in their teams?! Like, they were underleveled and then only three. No challenge at all in that.

I'd be glad if at least they changed for example Burgh, Elesa and Skyla's looks and teams to be a bit more challenging. Clay and Brycen could be just assigned to have like another role in the games or something like that.

Kaori
May 13th, 2012, 06:21 AM
I'd personally want to ditch all of them actually. Even though Johto's gym leaders are said to be the weakest ones they gave a challenge still. Unova's were the worst by far. I really hated especially Elesa, Clay and Skyla because they were so... irritating and weak.

And I don't understand why they all had only three pokémons in their teams?! Like, they were underleveled and then only three. No challenge at all in that.

I'd be glad if at least they changed for example Burgh, Elesa and Skyla's looks and teams to be a bit more challenging. Clay and Brycen could be just assigned to have like another role in the games or something like that.
Aw, Clay was so amazing.

I don't really understand why they only had three Pokémon too, and I hope these sequels fix that. I mean if Shizui is indeed the third gym, he has three Pokémon and it just can't stay that way for the rest of the gyms. That would suck.

Khrysta
May 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Aw, Clay was so amazing.

I don't really understand why they only had three Pokémon too, and I hope these sequels fix that. I mean if Shizui is indeed the third gym, he has three Pokémon and it just can't stay that way for the rest of the gyms. That would suck.

If Shizui is in that place where Undella bay used to be he may be fourth or fifth Gym. So we may still have the 3 Pokemon limitation.

Kenshin5
May 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
"Cheren is now a Normal-type Gym Leader, replacing Lenora and giving out the Basic Badge. He is the first Gym Leader while Homika, the Poison-type Gym Leader with the guitar, is the second. (Some of this info comes from the 6th scan.)"

So I'll assume he'll have a Patrat & Lillipup or something like that although as other people have said it would be more fitting for him to have a full team of Normal types.
Yeah unfortunately that will be what his team looks like. Hopefully his full team turns out like this.
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/474.gif http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/143.gif http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/508.gif http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/626.gif http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/295.gif http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/468.gif

Yeah, I don't think he's a gym leader this time around. The scan says he was a gym leader in BW. All the others say they are gym leaders. It looks from the scan like he's gone into movie making.
Yeah when I saw Pokewood I didn't get the feeling he would be. Maybe he battles but in a Pokewood way.

If Brycen isn't a gym leader then it's either two things, one there's a couple of more new undiscovered Gym leaders or two Shikima (Water leader) takes his place. Yes he has 3 Pokémon but so did Brycen at that point in the game.
Shizui takes his place? How so, unless they just don't have a Gym in Icirrus. Either thing it is almost invitiable that we will get more new Gym leaders anyways. So far we have two need and one confirmed replacement for Lenora. Not to mention they could still have a gym in Nacrene but just remodel the gym to a different type.

I'm actually really excited about the fact that some of the old gym leaders will be replaced and we'll get introduced to new ones.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but if Basic Badge is the first one the player will get then that could mean either two things. It might be that Cilan, Chili and Cress will have another role in the game or then they just don't have a gym at their possession anymore or have been ranked up. So they might just have become stronger and taken the place of for example fourth gym.

Nevertheless I'm quite happy that there's again a gym leader who uses Poison type because the only one so far has been Koga and he left to join Johto Elite Four later on. Shizui in the other hands, I'm really disappointed. We've had during these last five generations too many gym leaders using Water type i.e. Misty, Wallace who became Hoenn Champion in Emerald, Juan, Crasher Wake and now this new one. Ugh.

Personally I'd wanted to see a gym leader who'd been using Dark type for example because there hasn't been a single one of them so far. Hopefully also Unova Elite Four will be changed more or less. I didn't really care to battle agains such weak trainers who are supposed to be E4 after all. But enough about that in this topic.

By far I'm pretty satisfied for the information that's been revealed already because in B&W gym leaders were really poor and didn't stand a match at all. ^_^ Maybe it all changes now in B&W2.
For the Trio I think there is definitely more then two options. They could also stay at Striation, its just the gym order is changed. The only reason that they would be a fourth gym is due to the placing the Player starts, more then them being a whole lot stronger.

Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.

Water is the most common Type in pokemon so its not surprising that Water has seen some many Gyms over the Generations.

bwburke94
May 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
C/C/C would be gym leaders if they were the Shadow Triad, so that new players know who they are...

Zayphora
May 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.

May 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I would like to see Grass too, perhaps they could make a new town covered in old style ivy covered buildings and put it there...
I would also like to see a Dark type gothic looking gym in these games.

Forever
May 14th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I could see a Grass type gym in Nacrene, if they put more ivy on the buildings. We don't know if it will even be accessible, however. Are those rumors about a Stevia disproved? If not, then she might be there.

Nah Striaton, not Nacrene. It has more of the old grassy feel, plussss you have like the water garden around there too. That could've expanded and became something more!

Cameo
May 15th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Janine has be a Poison Gym Leader as well since he replaced Koga after he got promoted to the Elite Four.

Well, it depends on how you look at these things. Technicly there has been two Poison Gym Leaders because Koga's daughter (correct me if I remember she being his daughter) replaced him while he left to join Johto's Elite Four.

And in the same time through these five generations so far there has been just ONE Gym that specializes in Poison type. It's just that the leader of the Gym was replaced.

Still, happy to see a completely new Poison Gym in Unova. ^_^

Azure
May 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0512/black-2-white-2/6.jpg

Going by this image and assuming they stick to the usual pattern as they did in BW, it looks like Cheren will have a Level 11 Patrat and a Level 13 something (most likely lillipup) although I hope it's slightly stronger Pokémon but back to my point. In the games it was Level 12 Lillipup & Level 14 Panpour/Pansear/Pansage so does this mean the games have became easier? I hope not.

Khrysta
May 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Well good news...we don't have to deal with Hypnosis first Gym. Bad News Bide and Detect Spam x_x

The Sly Fox
May 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/

Kaori
May 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.

Bluerang1
May 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Confirmed Gym Leaders:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Brycen

Three more to go for the main storyline :)

RedJ
May 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I have this vision of the protagonist and Elesa battling on that stage in front of all those people, then suddenly he/she has a bunch of fans stalking following him/her after he/she wins. I dunno why.

Which is cool. Now that I think about it, you don't really get much recognition in the games until you either beat the evil Team or become the Champion, and even then it's not much.

Hikamaru
May 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I love Elesa's new look, I'm glad she's back cos she's my fave Unova Gym Leader from the original Black & White.

May 15th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire ;)

Kenshin5
May 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
There hasn't be confirmation or any flat out disapproving of the notion as far as I have heard.

I dont like the fact that Cheren is the first gym leader. I would love if he were the 6th or 7th so that he can have a stronger team. Bleh :/
Yeah I think all of us were a bit disappointed in the placement for Cheren. Maybe will see him constantly get better throughout the game since I assume he will help the protag like he did in the promotional trailer which he had a Stoutland.

So from what we see in the new B2W2 trailer, could that really be Elesa? If it really is, I'm loving the new look far better than her design in Black and White. Her hair is amazing. She better not have two Emolga on her team though. I expect her gym to remain in Nimbasa.

Going off topic here, but the stage in which she was found on (as well as Akuroma in the games) I expect to be in Nimbasa too.

Hopefully the replace one of them with Tynamo or Eeletrik. And it is almost certainly her.

Confirmed Gym Leaders:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Brycen

Three more to go for the main storyline :)
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.

Esper
May 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Was Brycen confirmed as a "Gym Leader" yet? Cause we know he is involved in the PokeWood but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a gym leader currently even though he is still present. Not to say he is not either.
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.

Azure
May 16th, 2012, 02:12 AM
In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.

Forever
May 16th, 2012, 03:01 AM
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 03:06 AM
You know what's disappointing? The fact that from the looks of it, she has exactly the same team. :(

...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.

The Sly Fox
May 16th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Glad that Elesa is returning as a gym leader. I just want Skyla to return and then im good!

RedJ
May 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
...-le sigh-
Well, at least her style has improved.
But come on girl! Get better Pokemon! Get an Eelektross! Snatch up a Galvantula! Makes yourself a LITTLE more intimidating! Gosh. Well, if any other Leaders return I really hope their team improved somewhat.

Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.

Azure
May 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Just because Brycen has made an appearence at Pokéwood doesn't indicate that he still remains as Gym Leader, if anything it could go against that as he replaced his Gym status to become a Judge at Pokéwood or whatever the deal is with that. That means either a leader from BW takes his place or again we get a new one.

Kaori
May 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Since when did Gym Leaders needs to be intimidating? Sure, you look at her Pokemon and think "BAH THIS IS NOTHING", but then that's when she starts spamming Volt Switch, which could very easily mess you up.
It is so easy to bypass Volt Switch, especially if we can find a Wooper before then. Then Volt Switch is just useless. Plus it never even gave me a huge problem, but that's just me. I think intimidation is good, because they're supposed to prepare you for the Elite Four and they need to be challenging. Why should Gym Leaders be so easy all of the time?

@Forever - I'm just glad that in the trailer, they showed one Emolga and not two. So there's a slight chance she'll have something in replace of that, and GameFreak just doesn't want to show it yet.

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
^ Precisely. Want to beat Clay? Grab any generic Grass type and hit him with a Vine Whip. Skyla? Use a Volt Switch. Drayden/Iris? Ice Beam the heck out of them with a Vanillish.
I would just like the new Gym Leaders to be somewhat of a challenge. I mean, that's what they're SUPPOSED to be. An intimidating Gym Leader is something that everyone should feel when going up against one! D: I mean they're ACES at what they do, not novices. So hopefully, whether or not they're low leveled, the new Gym Leaders are at least tough for the spot they are at.

Bluerang1
May 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

http://i45.tinypic.com/3129r84.png

Esper
May 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Looks like Artie is the third Gym Leader. The third badge place looks like it would fit the Insect Badge:

Isn't the Insect Badge a little narrower at the bottom?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/Insect_Badge.png

That one in the image looks more evenly oval shaped. New badge/gym leader?

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Isn't the Insect Badge a little narrower at the bottom?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/Insect_Badge.png

That one in the image looks more evenly oval shaped. New badge/gym leader?

Yeah, I don't think it's going to be the Insect Badge. I mean, sure there could be a way to get to Castelia early via boat, but I just don't feel that it's going to be the third Gym again, if at all. The second Badge has to be Homika's. Look at it! It reminds me of nothing BUT Poison!

Korsola
May 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I'm actually shocked, if that is Elesa (and I think she is) then she's the first one in Pokemon history to dye her hair...though I like it better the way it is now, it looks cute :3
Yes, Brycen's back. Now we just need an fire gym leader so we can have Electric, Ice and Fire ;)

I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.

Khrysta
May 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I agree, she does looks cute! She seems to be a lot more mature and more tough than her previous look which makes me like her even more than I did before. It was such a shock seeing the change in the trailer lol.

I imagine her being one of the later gym leaders (7th or 8th) because of the majestic stage that she's on and the increase of fans.

Someone said she is still Nimbasa's Gym Leader. It seems to go in the New Starter City, new town with Cheren's gym, new port City, Castella City, Nimbasa. From there I'm guessing you can actually choose which way you wanna go other wise thanks to the map we may be going in same city order.

I haven't seen anything to say differently yet.

Azure
May 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?

Kenshin5
May 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I still think that since he was mentioned and specifically not called a gym leader that means he isn't one.

I'm glad we're having some returning gym leaders though. It makes the most sense story-wise for some of them to stick around and some of them to change.
That's what I was feeling like they were trying to indicate. Yeah and especially since two years isn't really that much.

In the anime trailer for B2W2 Elesa appeared as an Electric type gym leader with brunette hair next to her Zebstrika, I wonder does this mean she is still a leader? After all she was quite difficult and Nibasa City is still part of the storyline, I'd like to see how she'd look in game with darker hair.
I would assume so since the Bolt Badge was in the background when she was on the stage.

I love Elesa's new look so much! Like, I honestly didn't like a thing about her in Black and White but now she looks so cool! With her being a model you can only expect her to color her hair and whatnot.

I'm still rooting for Brycen to be a Gym Leader still, and then him making movies will just be a hobby or something.
Fantina took part in Contests and doubled as a Gym Leader so I don't see why Brycen couldn't do the same. Although the contest area was located in Hearthome... Then again Giovanni was a Gym Leader and the Head of Team Rocket so he balanced his position with his syndicate.

Eh doesn't look like Burgh badge too me like Scarf said.

I get the feeling she will be more around the line of 5th or 6th rather then that late. She was also shown on a stage with fans cheering for her earlier in the Anime series when Ash faced her, so I dunno if that is much of an indicator. And her Gym was already pretty amazing as it was a theme park theme.

May 16th, 2012, 02:57 PM

So you receive the badge outside? either that or that's how the interior of the Gym looks.
Also I can't really figure out how the second badge looks like, maybe a purple poisonous tail?
To me it look like it might be a stack of Koffing over each other with one on top with a giant X...
I think Elesa will be around 5,6, or 7th if she does keep her spot as gym leader (I'm hoping she does).

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
@Kenshin: Well that's true. Who knows, he may have closed his gym for a wee bit and doesn't come back until you see him at Pokewood. Like a little side story kind of deal. Maybe he fails and returns home?

Zayphora
May 16th, 2012, 04:22 PM
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.

Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.

May 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.

Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.
I agree, he was my least favorite out of the group...and didn't seem as interesting as the rest of the gym leaders, even less so than Drayden...so I won't miss him if he's gone.

Forever
May 16th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x

Kenshin5
May 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I guess I am the only one that liked Burgh )=. I hope he comes back, his team set up couldn't be any worse then Elesa with the two Emolga... I also heard a rumor that he relocates to Nacrene and starts an art studio their, so maybe his studio doubles as a gym(pending the rumor has any validity to it). Kind of like the one with Stevia the grass leader which I have yet to hear any more about.

One thing I am hoping with the gym leaders is involvement like the last game. Almost all of them had interaction one way or another with Team Plasma. Give me that and some.

Kenmoor
May 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Don't worry Kenshin5 you ain't alone. I liked Burgh, just not his Gym. Just how many Gym Leaders relocated!? Even if it is a rumor I can see how it's believable. I heard another rumor that Burgh painted models such as Elesa so (no shipping please :\)... maybe their locations are near each other? So how would Burgh's team change? From naturey to artist? Wait... could he have a Smeargle now?

We definitely need Gym Leader and Plasma/Evil Team interaction again. Actually, I just want some random Gym Leader to break up the Evil Teams but... that's getting off-topic so STICK TO THE THREAD.

Jellicent♀
May 16th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x

Better be replaced. I couldn't stand him. He sucked so hard, and he seemed kind of full of himself. That, and if he were to return, I doubt he'd get a Smeargle. As much sense as it would make, I don't see it happening.

Lance
May 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM

I hope so. That way we can replace Burgh with a Dark type Gym Leader. :DDD

Korsola
May 17th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D

Kaori
May 17th, 2012, 02:04 AM
From the trailer you can see Cheren with his Stoutland. I wonder if these means that after the Elite Four, we will indeed be able to re-battle him and the rest of the Gym Leaders? If so, that'll be great. I'm not even sure why Black and White never brought gym rematches back.

Forever
May 17th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Most likely, or maybe it's just assumed later on that he'll have a Stoutland in the games and just begin with Lillipup and Patrat? I hope not. :(

Azure
May 17th, 2012, 04:55 AM
I'm sure in these games the Gym leaders would be re-matchable... they missed it out in BW so surely they'll include it in these games.

Jellicent♀
May 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Gym rematches would be awesome. D:
Maybe the Unova Gym Leaders are also included participants in the World Tournament! o3o
That'd be nifty. That way we could see the Gym Leaders with improved teams. *COUGH*ELESA*COUGH*

Esper
May 17th, 2012, 12:19 PM
To me it seems like this is how things stand right now.

Cilan/Chili/Cress - Gone because of the existence of a Water-type gym. Also, their town is under the ice and/or looks like it's a post-game area.
Lenora - Gone as Cheren is now giving out the Basic Badge. Also, her town is under the ice like above.
Burgh - ?
Elesa - Almost certainly confirmed still a gym leader from the trailer.
Clay - ?
Skyla - ?
Brycen - Gone so he could be an actor in Pokewood.
Iris/Drayden - ?

Since we only have 3 confirmed new gym leaders and only three previous gyms who we have any reason to suspect won't be returning in their same roles I don't think we have any reason to expect any of the rest will change. Not yet anyway.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D
Akuroma could be a Dark-type user. The Dark type in Japanese is 'aku' so there's already that connection.

Zayphora
May 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
That's interesting...but isn't he described as a researcher?

Khrysta
May 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)

Kaori
May 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)
Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.

Greenbeans
May 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

The new gym leader concept in great and it would be nice to see a change in gym leaders and type, i am looking forward to see how it turns out.

Luigi-San
May 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.

To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.

Kaori
May 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.
Well if it's anything like what Chili told his Pansear in the anime, he could open up his own fire type gym in these games.

Forever
May 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Yeah idk why they'd run two water gyms, unless Cress changed his type, and Brycen isn't a leader anymore so it's like, Cress became ice, Brycen has his own thing and so on. Don't think there's much chance of the triplets in their full form being back though.

May 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Brycen might simply be looking at the show, just because he's at Pokewood doesn't mean he's not a gym leader anymore.
Also I think the triplets are gone...S.T.
What did happen to Lenora though...she better not pull a Loreilei and Agatha on us...

Bethanie
May 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Yeah, you'd think they'd do it buy now. They always have the "elemental" fire, water and grass gyms (Forgetting Sinnoh as it really only had three fire types - Ponyta, Chimchar and Houndour, but Ronald McDonald Flint was the in the E4 so...)

I'm happy to see another poison gym.

Apparently, Cheren is the new norm. type leader (Funny. First black character is there and gone :p), which is weird 'cos I assumed he would at least be in the e4.

May 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Perhaps Lenora was promoted to the E4...
Also it seems like Elesa has a new gym, at least it looks that way in the trailer, with her badge being seen behind the large screen. I wonder if any of the other gym leaders will radically change their gyms, like Brycen's could be a ski resort, having to go up and down on ski lifts to get to get to him.

Rodriguezjames55
May 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
1st triple battle 2nd a dark type steel 4 elesa (confirmed) 5 fire 6 fighting 7 ghost 8 dragon

May 22nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.

Kaori
May 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Well 1st is Cheren, 2nd is proably Homika, 3rd is likely what's his name, 4th or 5th might be Elesa, and 7th will be Brycen shall he retain his position.
If one counts Brycen than we have 5 of the 8 gym leaders. So who are the 3 others who remain? Skyla, Clay, Iris/ Drayden is my guess.
Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.

Forever
May 23rd, 2012, 02:15 AM
She's likely to stay where she is tbh, depending on where exactly the tunnel is located and where it leads to. XD;

At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x

Kaori
May 23rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
At the other post, though, first won't be a triple battle because there's only one leader and it's too early to have three Pokemon for the one leader. :x
Yeah and Cheren's one known Pokémon just had to be a Patrat too! u_u patrat triple battle

Oh well, at least he's a Gym Leader. u_u!

Mr Cat Dog
May 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
Ugh, I hate Patrat. And Watchog. Basically that whole stupid family. Ugh. That first Gym's going to be fun. Ugh. [/grouch]

Khrysta
May 23rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
Shizui @ 3rd Gym Leader!

I think Elesa will most likely keep her position as the 4th Gym Leader, unless she has moved up a rank after two years. Which would be great, considering that would mean she'd be a bit more powerful.

Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.

Forever
May 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
idk I have a feeling the new area is closer to Castelia than after Nimbasa. Shizui only has three, so unless that means Elesa just has Emolga/Zebstrika, but that would leave questions as to what happened to her old Emolga.

Azure
May 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Shizui will be the third leader although it's possible he could be the fifth/sixth/seventh... Brycen had 3 Pokémon and he was the 7th leader. With Elesa I'd say she keeps her position at Nimbasa City as the 4th leader as I'd say that the half-way mark for both games (IMO)

Zayphora
May 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Doesn't Shizui have only 2 poke's though?

Khrysta
May 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Doesn't Shizui have only 2 poke's though?

He has three Pokemon. Which pretty much every Gym after Lenora (2) did in Black and White. We were kinda hoping that we wouldn't follow the same pattern, but it doesn't look like it.

Cheren = 2
Homika = 2
Elesa = ? (2 possible)
Shizui = 3

May 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking Elesa will have three even if she is the third gym leader, considering how even Burgh had three. I was hoping they'll have more pokemon than three but it doesn't seem like it now that you guys have pointed that out :(.
Edit: Wait, Elesa can't be the third gym, her badge doesn't match that of the case!

Kaori
May 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Shizui would be after Elesa since you have to go through Nimbasa before getting to the new area that he would be in. I think the last bit of news said Elesa was still in Nimbasa. So she's either third or still fourth.
Even if you do reach Nimbasa City first, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be battling the gym there before his. Keep in mind that in earlier games there were similar situations (like RBY with the first gym you see being the last one you challenge).

May 24th, 2012, 05:25 AM
^ That's right, she could be like Norman, making you get three or more badges before battling her as a challenge.

Forever
May 24th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Don't see Elesa as THAT much of a challenge that you'll need to return to her, however something as a viable reasoning could be that she's on leave to model and will be back later, like touring the country.

bryanyam1999
May 24th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Since Cheren, Elesa, Homika and Shizui are confirmed as a gym leader, who do you want to be a gym leader?

Shizui might be the last gym leader because his gym is in Undella Town and the town is the last place that you will go.

Forever
May 24th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon? :(