PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Xander Olivieri
May 24th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Of past characters...?

And is gym isn't necessarily in Undella. ;x Besides, why would the last gym leader have only 3 Pokemon? :(

Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was.

As for Gym skips, that only happened in Gens 1 and 3 as major story elements with Giovanni and Norman (Giovanni being the leader of Team Rocket and neglecting his Gym leader role, and Norman telling his child that he would not battle them unless they had four badges.) Gen 4's changes. You DO meet Fantina and see her gym in Pearl/Platinum while you don't get to challenge them yet, but in Platinum you challenge her when you get to Hearthome so her Gym placement switched.

If they skip gyms, I don't think it'll be Elesa's gym that gets skipped seeing as she was a highlight to the Trailer.
If they don't skip than that would mean that there is a trainer before Elesa, my guess is it's Burgh as it seems like one gets to Castelia before her city.

Forever
May 24th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Iris/Drayden only had Three Pokemon. If they are still following the same pattern, who is to say that these won't go 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3. We know that the first two Gyms have 2 Pokemon (Cheren and Homika), Elesa had three in B/W, although the trailer only shows two, we can assume she has three placing her fourth+, and Shizui's Gym is in some sort of Port city with a lot of docks, there is only one place like that and that's where Undella bay was..

Oh right I forgot about that. Even so, the location doesn't look directly like Undella, so the gym might be somewhere different. Besides maybe the gym could be like nearby it since it seems to be floating on something which Undella isn't.

oldbarrel
May 25th, 2012, 06:57 AM
THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.

Forever
May 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
THere should be new gym types. I was thinking maby making each gym specialize in two types.

Well that might be kinda awkward because we already know Homika/Shizui are water/poison exclusively, as well as Cheren as normal exclusively. Elesa could be electric/steel and relocated to the steel area but I kinda doubt it. :(

Blue
May 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I think Shizui will be replacing Clay and Homika will be replacing Skyla, we know Elesa is returning, Cheren is taking Lenora's place & Brycen has some role in the game so that just leaves Drayden/Iris & The Striaton Trio who I'd assume would possibly link up with the shadow triad and Iris may have taken over Drayden for both games after his retierment for example.

Forever
May 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Striaton guys have been confirmed not to be Triad by eyes :x Besides, if so, that'd mean there's a new gym leader so either Clay or Skyla are staying. I think it's Skyla-- if I did the maths right. XD;

Kaori
May 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Clay plz! He was much more fierce and his dialogue is too amusing. Especially with older Pokemon returning, I would love for him to remain a Gym Leader.

Jellicent♀
May 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

KingCyndaquil
May 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I want Clay back. Skyla was boring as all can be. ;A;
Plus with more ground Pokemon coming back, his team will be epic. <3
Or, maybe they'll change his type into Steel! -GASP- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.

Xander Olivieri
May 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I dunno I'm kinda hoping that we get more new Gyms. I still want a Dark Gym. We may not get one seeing as Homika is the final Gym in the Anime apparently since they've made no mention of Shizui in the Anime yet.

Blue
May 25th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.

KingCyndaquil
May 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Out of Clay & Skyla I'd much prefer Skyla to return, I love her typing, looks, personallity etc. With Clay it's the opposite but I'd like to think Skyla had a bigger part in the storyline than Clay so it's more likely she'll return.
I agree with the part about Skyla being better, but Clay had a bigger part in the story, he held the team plasma grunts in custody and met Ghetsis.

May 25th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I agree, Clay played an more important role. I think though that in the end both Clay and Skyla will be returning.

Forever
May 26th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Actually i would like to see how Skyla's team turns out, but i agree that they should keep clay, I also wouldn't mind him turning into a steel gym.

Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3

KingCyndaquil
May 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Actually yeah, Skyla's team really needs improving. You can't just leave it at what she had imo, it has to be a bit better because she was basically the weakest of all.

Another reason for Skyla to stay! Plus she needs a bigger role too. :3
I would like to see Skarmory and Staraptor/Pideot on her team, that would be a huge improvement in it self

Forever
May 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I think of Skarm more as steel than flying tbh, but Pidgeot or Staravia would greatly improve her lacking team - maybe both and a Swanna?

KingCyndaquil
May 26th, 2012, 10:57 AM
yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol

Kaori
May 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Well I could see Shizui having a Poliwag or a Poliwhirl (and if there are rematches, later on a Politoad). There are so many choices for water types though. :c

Xander Olivieri
May 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
yeah thats a good team, I wonder what Shizuis team will be? if he is the second gym i would want a Marril on his team, and if possible a Lotad, that would fit the setting of the Lilly pads lol

Tympole, Poliwag, and Lotad lines? (he has lily pads in his gym)

Or...Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo~

Or...Triple Ludicolo~ Just give him a Pokeball wig, some 60's threads and some grove~

Kaori
May 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I would hope his team would be made with a mixture of water types and not evolutions of the same line. :[

Kenmoor
May 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.

KingCyndaquil
May 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I think his team will be the Second gym, so levels around 14-16 maybe, maybe polliwirl, Lombre and Tympol?

Xander Olivieri
May 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I think his team will be the Second gym, so levels around 14-16 maybe, maybe polliwirl, Lombre and Tympol?

Homika is Second.

Shizui is Third on up due to number of Pokemon, and Fifth on up due to possible location of his Gym.

Bluerang1
May 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Skarmory would make sense for Skyla since airplanes are made of metal and fly like the said Pokemon.

Aquarius1997
May 26th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map

Xander Olivieri
May 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Im convinced that shizui is NOT in undella bay due to that being on the other side of the map from the starter city
Its very unlikely because for you to walk/ride ALL the way over there you would have to battle many trainers thus making your team overleveled
This could work only if Shizui the THIRD gym leader had overpowered pokemon but thats almost impossible considering pokemons gym patterns
His island or port city would have to be on the left side of the map

Getting to Undella from the new starter City is as far as Mistralon City from B/W's City depending on which route we have to take this time. We went Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralon in the first games, we could go Nimbasa, BC/WF (Or new city), to Undella.

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Or Shizui's team would consist of random "Fish" Pokemon (hence the netting he carries) such as Magikarp, Seaking, etc.
Or "Deep Sea" Pokemon (he has diving goggles and leg fin thingies...) like Gorebyss (name doesn't suit them imo), Clampearl, or Jellicent.
Or we could screw that idea and just give him 2 Gyarados and a Lapras. Yup.

Not fish, ugh. I'd consider him as important as a random fisher loool.

Gorebyss or Jellicent seem too overpowered for how he looks/where we think he's positioned. XD;

May 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.

Kenmoor
May 27th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Well considering his Kyushu dialect and lilipads in gym I really expect Shizui to have Lombre or Ludicolo.
Gorebyss and Jellycent would make nice additions too, I'll like for him to be tough not easy.
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...

wombateiro
May 27th, 2012, 10:10 PM
His "Kyushu" dialect? Please explain this.
Well as KingCyndaquil, XanderO, and Requility said that Shizui seems to be at the 3rd/2nd Gym, then Lombre seems to be the most obvious choice for him. I agree that Gym Leaders should be tough and that we should expect a lot from our new Gym Leader but... if he comes out busting loose a Ludicolo... that's for rematches if it comes to that...

Kyushu in Japan = Hoenn in Pokemon world, it looks like Shizui is from Hoenn.
I don't think Ludicolo would be too tough. It's equally strong like most of other 2nd/3rd Gym Leaders' signature Pokemon.

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.

Perrie ✿
May 28th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Serebii confirmed that Homika is the second Gym Leader and gives out the Toxic Badge. ~

Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Hikamaru
May 28th, 2012, 12:55 AM
So, the Gym order so far:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui?
Elesa?
????
????
????
????

This is just my prediction. Something tells me Shizui and Elesa will be the 3rd and 4th Gyms.

Cosmotone8
May 28th, 2012, 06:41 AM
You never know, something like Volkner could happen where you have to wait to battle the gym leader. I don't think it would be as drastic as that, but it will happen with at least one of the gym leaders.

May 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.

Xander Olivieri
May 28th, 2012, 10:52 AM
My Gym list kinda looks like:

Cheren
Homika
????
Elesa?
????
Shizui?
????
????

As for Homika's Pokemon I'm gunna go double Koffing since its the only confirmed Poison Type early in the game right now.

Cheren I can see Lillipup and Azurill, though he'll most likely have something better than Azurill.

Elesa Going to say she'll have the same Pokemon as in Black and White, if she doesn't then Emolga, Zebstrika, and Pikachu (line)

Shizui...Still want to see the Lotad Line thing cause that would be hilarious XD

May 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I thought that Cheren only had one pokemon, that being Patrat...
I see Homika having Koffin and possibly Scollipede (I know I spelled that wrong) line.

Xander Olivieri
May 28th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I thought that Cheren only had one pokemon, that being Patrat...
I see Homika having Koffin and possibly Scollipede (I know I spelled that wrong) line.

I think one of the Battle screenshots had shown he had two. Though the First Gym Leader has never had 1 Pokemon anyway. Even if its an assumption, its a very safe one.

Homika wouldn't have a Scolipede. At best she'd probably have an underleveled Whirlipede, if not a Venipede. Though that would require them to be around her Gym if they keep the same trend as Black and White. So far Koffing is the only Poison type revealed to be early in the game so I'm just assuming she has two Koffings until I see more Pokemon.

Blue
May 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
So Homika is second we're now figuring out the order, so far I've got:

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.

Guy
May 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

My reason for N being a Gym leader is because he played such an important role in Black & White, to just send him off without any relation to B2W2 would be awful. The reason why I think he'd be a gym leader is because I don't see him playing the same role in Team Plasma as he did in BW but more of a changed person after the realisation of his mistakes, I meaan it is 2 years later so anything can happen over that period of time.
Not that I wouldn't mind N as a Gym Leader, I actually think it'd be pretty cool, but I don't think N has to have a title role (i.e. Gym Leader, Elite, Frontier Brain, etc.) in B2W2 to play an important part of the game and finish his story from where it left off two years ago in Unova.

No matter what part N plays to the story though, I definitely see him opposing Team Plasma rather than leading them like in Black and White.

That said, I could picture Iris taking full charge of the final gym and Drayden now being either part of the Elite or something bigger. Hey, maybe Drayden might have retired and he and Alder could be chilling out somewhere together soaking in the sun.

After all, it has been two years!

Kenshin5
May 28th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah Ludicolo certainly doesn't seem that tough, it's just... it doesn't seem like something found early on. On the other hand, Lotad wouldn't really be appropriate but Lombre does seem like a good middle ground.
I don't think Ludicolo would be out of the question either. Lombre evolves a 14 and then all he would need is a Water Stone so Ludicolo would probably be around the mid 20s. Not out of the question since last gen Gardenia had a Roserade and that was at Gym 2. And that was quite the powerful pokemon imo. Then following that Maylene had a Lucario. So with all that I think Ludicolo would be perfectly find pending he is indeed third in line.

Considering how it's usually the last gym (well RSE had two:Norman and Wallace/Juan) it'll proably be him or her who is restricted. Though come to think about it Unova in BW was quite restricted compared to HgSs. I'm hoping this time around it's not.
If Shizui is the last gym than he'll have a similar position as Wallace/ Juan which if you look at Unova a lot of the gym leaders have positions from previous regions, like Brycen to both Candice and the old guy from Johto. Then there's Skyla who is sixth like Skyla. Also if you switch around Burgh and Lenora's orders you get them to match Bugsy and Witney...seriously GF needs to add dark to add some variety to these gyms.
Kind of doubt Shizui is the last gym. If anything I get the feeling it will be Iris. Old guy is Pryce. And the person you called Skyla Skyla is Winona. I have a strong feeling the Burgh may go to Nacrene but position won't be flipped backwards imo.

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
(New Leader)
Skyla or a replacement.
Brycen
N or Iris.

Only thing with N is that he is missing. Being a gym leader I don't see how he could be missing if he is the head of a gym. N can still play an important role without being a gym leader. He can be like the Lance and Steven on generations past and assist you against the Plasma factions. Which would lead him to still another pivotal role.

Forever
May 28th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Well, I guess with the third place in mind it doesn't seem that bad, just if he was second like we speculated that would be awkward, but given what has happened in the past, yeah it makes sense.

Also I agree. N as a gym leader would make no sense whatsoever. He had practically no interaction with the gym leaders in B/W so kinda giving him that role would seem out of place in comparison to others that may fit better.

May 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM
N as a gym leader would be wierd, but if so he wouldn't be the first one regarded missing, thoughout RGBFrLg most didn't knew where Giovanni went to.
Also my guess is that the rest of the gym leaders are the old ones returning, though I'm fine with only having 3 or 4 out of the 8 be new.

Aquarius1997
May 29th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader

May 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.

Reshiram Man
May 29th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Here's my thoughts on what the gym leaders should be ordered:

1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.)Shizui?
4.)Elesa
5.)Clay?
6.)Skyla
7.)Brycen
8.) Drayden, Iris/ Replacement

The maps are hard to tell on what gyms could be the same or different, but all we can do now is speculate.

Kenshin5
May 29th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Shizui is most likely the 5th or 6th gym only because of the sheer distince from the starter city

Elesa is most likely 4th because on the new map it looks two cities/towns from homika's town(the industrial town in the south west

N would NEVER be a gym leader(slap me if he does become one)
He has too big of a role to resort to be just a gym leader
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.

I agree with N, if they use him as a Gym Leader his role in this game is underutilized. We need all the loose ends tied up, not him being a leader of some gym. Sure he can be a leader, but I think the would greatly detract from what they could do if he wasn't

N becoming a gym leader would proably end up like Cheren did, lost of epicness...seriously who uses Patrat for a gym battle, he would've been better off using a underleveled Watchog.
Cheren may not end up so bad though. If he was anything like he was in the trailer then I don't think we have a whole lot to fret about. If he helps the protag and rival periodically and we see him progress that would be nice. Then of course there is always the rematches which I am sure he will get a nice boost from.

Xander Olivieri
May 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I dunno about 5th or 6th. There is plenty of Water in the area around the starter town that wouldn't role out an adequate place for a Water Gym.

Most of the info why he's in Undella is because of how the Gym and its surroundings look. Cheren would be in the City After the starter town and Homika would be in the port city after that leaving a Gym in Castella which doesn't fit Shizui's location of tropical beach.

Only visible location that fits is the area where Undella is in Black and White. There are just too many unknown factors right now to accurately come to any real conclusion.

Kenshin5
May 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
True, Undella did seem to be the only beach area town. Guess we will have to wait until farther confirmation.

Curious about Cheren though is. Does he need to be relegated to a specific city? It already seems he is battling out side, so if he has no "official" gym set up then I wonder if he could be an actual traveling gym leader? Doubtful though since I believe it was mentioned he was head of the training school or something to that nature.

Kaori
May 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.

Xander Olivieri
May 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.

Guy
May 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
It would be amazing to have a Gym Leader in the game that travels other than remaining in the gym 24/7. n___n; Though Black and White did slide a few to be of some importance, I'd like to see more of that.

Agreeing with this. Black and White compared to previous games really gave some of the Gym Leaders a little bit larger of a role than just sitting in their gyms waiting for us to challenge them. It wasn't a whole lot, but it was definitely more than what other Gym Leaders ever got. I'm hoping B2W2 expands on this some more, which it seems they are based on what we've seen so far.

Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.
I miss them! They made leveling up much easier when you needed some quick battles, especially when they got to their higher levels.

My dream for Gym Leaders one day is that instead of having them programmed to be in their gyms where you challenge them for your badge, instead you meet them along your journey at various points and get to challenge them officially outside of their gyms. For example, and using Elesaas a reference, instead of challenging her in her Gym, you run into her spending time at one of the various locations within Nimbasa City and challenge her there instead. I just feel like it's a lot more fun that way and refreshing. It doesn't have to be that way for every Gym Leader, but some or most would be nice.

Jellicent♀
May 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Imagine a Gym Leader with the same rough coding as a Roaming Legendary Pokemon. Similar to the News Reporters from Ruby and Sapphire.

That would be pretty boss, actually.
Like, he/she has many battling facilities in the region, you can battle him/her for mini prizes, and then, finally, you get to battle officially for the badge! Maybe that person could be the last Gym Leader! That would be amazing! 8DD

Kenshin5
May 29th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Kind of like HGSS were you meet up the gym leaders too get their numbers. I would love too see something like that expect applied in a different sort of fashion.

I would absolutely love that. If they can do it with all of them and the rival I don't see why they couldn't implement that into the gym leaders.

May 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.

Jellicent♀
May 29th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I'm guessing that Shizui's town might actually be somewhere north to Undella as the place doesn't exactly look like Undella. It might be east of the beach north of the gate to Undella in a new area like the starter city.

Of course, Undella Town could have upgraded in the past two years. I mean, if you think about it, all we've seen are cabins on the water and a boat, that couldn't take more than two years to complete! Plus, they did have that giant mansion there in the first place. That rich family could have sold it and given it to Shizui, and he made it into a gym after expanding it a bit.

May 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
There's a cave though which Undella and the known area around it lacked, which makes me think that it's a totally new area added near the known areas, and if so that might make him one of the last gym leaders if the ones from the towns inbetween aren't missing.

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
This image from the Anime:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/OPJ15.png

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.

Xander Olivieri
May 29th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Show's Shizui and in Ash is meant to be travelling to East Unova in the series so this could support Shizui's Gym being in Undella. However Homika's Gym seems to be close to Iccirus in the Anime so this suggestion could be invalid.

Also, it looks like we'll only be getting Homika and Shizui as new Gym Leaders. I wanted more.

They don't say where Tachiwaki City is in the Anime, and the characters have been known to travel unreasonable distances in filler episodes between Gym Battles.

Though the Anime location isn't always the same as the Game Location, look at Seafoam islands which was a Resort Island town near Pallet Town.

When they decided to go to Tachiwaki City after hearing that the Oplecid City Gym was closed (much to Iris's Satisfaction), the group it taken in by a Butler into a Limo for Cylan's Sommilier Showdown. They are seen at the end of the Anime in the Limo, so its very possible they took the Limo back towards Nimbasa or Castella where they would then go to Tachiwaki City.

They say that they are going to the Eastern part for Best Wishes 2 but they never say from which entrance they go. Seeing as the group completely bypass the Dragon Gym City, I can at least assume that they went through the lower gate to Easter Unova, met with Dawn and Cynthia that way and travel upwards through the Easter while Ash trains the last three months on that side while participating in the Tournament until they reach Lancousa town or what ever town they decide to end it in before they get to the route that leads to the Unova League.

Ya Anime part is a little off topic, but as to my general hypothesis as to how the map may be set up, it goes hand in hand. Shizui being in eastern Unova can still hint as to which area he belongs.

May 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I do beleive he is in the east, maybe somewhere in the area between Undella and Lancousa, which might explain it's apperance in that part of the anime...then again they tend to be wrong...
Could the Opelucid gym being close symbol that it's still the last gym in games (saving the last for last).

Blue
May 30th, 2012, 02:38 AM
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.

Jellicent♀
May 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Well I'm guessing that Lenora and the triplets are most definitely gone. I also speculate that Clay is out of the league, too, so he can focus on his career with his mine and the town's trade. Drayden I have a feeling is gone and retired from battling all together, and is focusing full time on teaching new trainers how to battle.

Reshiram Man
May 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.

Forever
May 30th, 2012, 07:37 AM
If there are no more new gym leaders then I wonder who will be returning/filling in the blank spaces we are currently unaware of, either way one or two who were originally in Black & White will no longer be taking that space due to Homika & Shizui, but that might mean they have a different role in the game. I still think that Iris will be ruling Opelucid City as Drayden either retired or went on to become an Elite Four member.

Well there's definitely three that are retired, due to Cheren, too. While the first two are obvious it's someone else, but we could see someone else retiring and making way for a character with a lesser role in the games. Buuut I really doubt it because there's too little of a backstory from everyone else who wasn't a main character for it to work.

ANinyMouse
May 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM

Up top, we have Caitlin, Cynthia, Alder, Drayden & Shizui. Interesting!

Drayden looks like he's wearing a new black-colored cape, too. Maybe he'll be in BW2 after all?

JudgeDreddigon
May 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Well I think Burgh or at least the 3rd gym is still a bug type gym. If you look at the pic of you getting the Basic Badge for Cheren, you can see the left side of the silhouette of the 3rd gym badge. Now it's possible that it could be Shizui's badge, but the way the left side curves fits the Beetle Badge. Also just because Brycen is in the games, doesn't mean he is still a gym leader. Really, the confirm gym leaders we have are Cheren, Homika, Elesa, and Shizui, and we only know the order of 2. Imo, Elesa and Shizui could be anywhere, so I really can't say an order they will be in.

Zayphora
May 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
...Is the picture of the Elite Four building? Is Drayden an Elite now? Ppl were saying he might be.

Xander Olivieri
May 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
...Is the picture of the Elite Four building? Is Drayden an Elite now? Ppl were saying he might be.

If you are talkin about the picture above, that's supposedly taken from the new opening for Best Wishes 2. Shizui is shown in that picture and we know he's a Gym Leader so I don't think that's for the Elite Four. Despite what some people are saying we don't know if Drayden is still a gym leader or not.

Bluerang1
May 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM

That's Dawn and not Drayden so we don' know if he's still in the games.

May 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
If Homika is due to be the 2nd gym leader, which she is, what TM would she give you? It would seems early for stuff like Poison Jab or Sludge Bomb, so maybe Toxic?

----------------------
Here's also an updated gym list from me:
1.) Cheren
2.) Homika
3.) Burgh?/Shizui?
4.) Elesa
5.) ???/Shizui?
6.) Skyla?
7.) Brycen?/ Replacement
8.) Iris?

The reason for Burgh is if you zoom in far enough on the west side of Castelia, there is a greenish bug type colored spot over
where the gym is.

Well I'm guessing that it will be either toxic or the tm that doubles in power if the opponent is poisoned.
I forgot about the third replacement...well we know that Cheren replaced Lenora due to the badge and Homika might be triplets, that leaves Shizui replacing who? It's not Elesa, and maybe not Brycen. That leaves Clay, Skyla, and Burgh (I have a feeling Opelucid will stay with Iris).

P0kelegend
May 31st, 2012, 03:31 AM
A little amount of new footage was shown at the end of the anime episode in Japan tonight, you can see it here (http://filb.de/1800). It shows footage inside Homika's gym (I love the flashing lights!), her animated sprite and also her gym battle music. Also confirms Koffing as her first Pokemon.

Reshiram Man
May 31st, 2012, 05:53 AM
The suspense is killing me for the games release to know all the new info.

What else could Homika have? Venipede?

Mr Cat Dog
May 31st, 2012, 07:19 AM
Her guitar looks sort of like a Scolipede, so maybe its evolutionary brethren is a good shout?

Kenshin5
May 31st, 2012, 07:49 AM
The suspense is killing me for the games release to know all the new info.

What else could Homika have? Venipede?
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1692/wwwdotuporg3030402.jpg
We already have this scan a couple days ago so it looks highly likely that she has a Garbodor.

Blue
May 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Although unlikely I'd love to see an old gym leader take one of the places and when I say old I mean from another region i.e Fantina from Sinnoh.

Xander Olivieri
May 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Trubbish evolves at too high of a level for Homika to have a Garbador seeing as she's the second Gym Leader. The levels from Generation 1 to Generation 5 for the Second Gym Leader vary between 15 (Bugsy) to 22 (Gardenia) So I can't see her with a Garbador.

I know underleved evolutions could be brought up, but Gamefreak had pretty much stopped with the underleveled thing as the years went on. Out of all of Black and White only Ghetsis had an underleveled Pokemon, Hydreigon, and that was just to get Hydreigon into the Pokedex.

Oryx
May 31st, 2012, 09:37 AM
I would love for her to have a Trubbish, and maybe in the World Tournament have her compete with a Garbodor. Or maybe have them bring back rematches and have her Trubbish evolve then?

Either way, the idea of her with that evolution line really appeals to me because maybe people will stop whining about it then.

Reshiram Man
May 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Putting Trubbish with Homika would help it gain respect and love, which it lacked in BW from everyone crushing it's dreams by not using it and dissing it.

May 31st, 2012, 02:55 PM
Trubbish evolves at too high of a level for Homika to have a Garbador seeing as she's the second Gym Leader. The levels from Generation 1 to Generation 5 for the Second Gym Leader vary between 15 (Bugsy) to 22 (Gardenia) So I can't see her with a Garbador.

I know underleved evolutions could be brought up, but Gamefreak had pretty much stopped with the underleveled thing as the years went on. Out of all of Black and White only Ghetsis had an underleveled Pokemon, Hydreigon, and that was just to get Hydreigon into the Pokedex.
Uh Iris and Drayden's Haxorus say hi!
So it's possible that it might be underleveled, or she might have trubish too.

Reshiram Man
June 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
Uh Iris and Drayden's Haxorus say hi!
So it's possible that it might be underleveled, or she might have trubish too.

If you mean an under leveled Garbador, then as long as I have a psychic or ground to handle it, I'll be okay.

After review, a underleveled Garbador would be crazy, considering it evolves from Trubbish at level 36!

pryce10
June 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM
I agree considering so-called underlevelded pokemon in BW was only few levels away from their actuall evolution ( with exception of Gethis's Hydragon of cause)

Xander Olivieri
June 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM
If you mean an under leveled Garbador, then as long as I have a psychic or ground to handle it, I'll be okay.

After review, a underleveled Garbador would be crazy, considering it evolves from Trubbish at level 36!

If Homika's Gym is in the city after the water reservoir thing that they showed when they demoed the game play, you get a Magnemite before her Gym. Immunity to Poison and serious resistance against any non poison attack she'd have.

I don't know if that is the worse or best planned Pokemon placement to battle a gym I've ever seen. So really even if she had underleveled Garbador, you could easily trump it with a flimsy steel type early in XD

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
I really can't see Homika having a Garbador THIS early in the game. I mean, Lenora's highest level was a level 20 Watchog, I REALLY can't see a Garbador on level 20 (theoretically) even making ANY type of sense.

But yeah, dang, completely destroying her with a Magnemite may be a little...horrible. xD
But I'm sure they have someway around that. Usually Gyms are equipped with moves to work around immunity and resistance. So maybe one of her Pokemon have a Fighting-type move or a Fire-type move. Koffing can learn Incinerate, so maybe she taught her Pokemon that!

Xander Olivieri
June 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
So, if you've seen the new Trailer on Filb.de, you'd notice that there was a Gym that had a HUGE gust of wind that blew the PC backwards.

Flying Gym?

Skyla perhaps?

Blue
June 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm surprised at how much was revealed tonight, in a good way of course! Yeah I agree with the post above, when I saw the turbine's blowing the player backwards I initially thought Skyla, either that or a new flying leader but odds are that she'll be returning.

June 2nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it sure does seem it's it would be Skyla's, unless there's a new Flying gym leader in town like Cheren replacing Lenora. Either way, I have to say, I love the redesign of the gym.

Blue
June 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
It's definitely Skyla returning!

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/Jowey2010/Skyla.jpg

I'm personally happy that she's making a return, she's my favourite leader in Unova.

Xander Olivieri
June 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
So Skyla is there, wonder what Gym Number she is and which city her Gym is in.

I'm gunna place my money on the Airport on the Mountain.

SolarAbusoru
June 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
So Skyla is there, wonder what Gym Number she is and which city her Gym is in.

I'm gunna place my money on the Airport on the Mountain.

Or maybe it's still in Mistralton city

Blue
June 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'd still say she's the 6th gym leader, wheter that be in Mistralton Gym or not remains to be seen. It could be in a new city or moved to a previously used city.

Hikamaru
June 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it sure does seem it's it would be Skyla's, unless there's a new Flying gym leader in town like Cheren replacing Lenora. Either way, I have to say, I love the redesign of the gym.

She has red hair, it's definitely Skyla.

June 2nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Isn't that mountain airport Mistalton town itself?
Either way my new guess for the order is
1 Cheren
2 Homika
3 Burgh
4 Elesa
5 Shizui
6 Skyla
7 Brycen
8 Iris

Bluerang1
June 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yep Skylar's in the games! Yay! Same outfit though. I think her Gym is now actually in a plane.

Oryx
June 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
I don't think it's in a plane, there's one underneath them in the screenshot so it wouldn't really make sense. A hangar though, does.

Bluerang1
June 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah a hanger.

So the likely Gym Leader order:
Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skylar
Brycen (I don't get how he's a Gym Leader, he's area is frozen...)
Drayden/Iris
Shizui

Ok that's too much. Where did the notion that Clay won't be appearing come from. It's between him and the Dragon leaders being left out anyway. Only three not to have been shown. Oh and Arti, but he's staying ;)

June 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Well I'm assuming that the dragon gym leaders will be returning and Brycen wouldn't really mind the ice being an ice gym leader after all.. and Burgh's badge seems to match that of the case somewhat...plus Clay has yet to appear so yeah, my guess is Clay won't be coming back...

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
My bet is for Skyla being the sixth Gym Leader. I love her new Gym design, too! It looks so neat. A lot better than her last, imo.

June 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
For some reason Skyla seems to like seeing the trainer hurt, or slam something seeing how even the new design sends the player flying/spinning into a wall.
Another reason for why clay being gone might be due to lack of anything really significant between his and Elesa's gyms seeing how there isn't nothing other than the bridge blocking the way...

Bluerang1
June 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Oh right we did get evidence of Burgh. I guess Clay is more likely to resign since there are two of Drayden and Iris.

Xander Olivieri
June 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Oh right we did get evidence of Burgh. I guess Clay is more likely to resign since there are two of Drayden and Iris.

We have confirmation on Burgh or are you reffering to the Badge case thing?

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM

Where did this confirmation come from? o3o
So far I've researched and have found no evidence of him being in this game as a Gym Leader. If there is, please point me to it. I need to know this! ;;
I'm really starting to think that Clay has resigned, though. As much as I want him back, maybe he has just gone to focus on his business.

Forever
June 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Glad to see Skyla's back and that she apparently relocated? I feel like her gym will be 10x more difficult from that trailer, though :(

Livewire
June 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm glad Skyla's back, she was one of my faves. :D

She'll probably still be the 6th Gym, maybe 5th. Similar to how the Gym order moved around a bit in previous gens.

Kenshin5
June 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Isn't that mountain airport Mistalton town itself?
Either way my new guess for the order is
1 Cheren
2 Homika
3 Burgh
4 Elesa
5 Shizui
6 Skyla
7 Brycen
8 Iris
I believe he was referring to the Air Part in East Unova by the Abundant Shire Black City/White Forest area. Which is where I feel her gym will be. Other gyms who knows. I still feel Brycen is too busy with Pokewood although that has yet to be seen.

Bluerang1
June 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM

The Badge Case.

If Clay does resign, what would become of his Gym? We can still see it on the map.

I think it's Drayden and Iris that we'll be missing out. The path to Opelucid is frozen. Also Drayden is skipped in the Anime, maybe a hint.

The problem is we don't know where Shizui's Gym is located. Undella's frozen too so it can't be there, unless the plot ends before we face the league. Maybe Skyla flies us over to East Unova then we unlock the area somewhat and meet him?

I did think that he lived in the South West, in that area before port city, so we'd have to return to face him. But everyone else is right, he lived by Undella. Or does he live underwater? This screenshot is dark so gives off the presence of them being in a cave or somewhere underneath.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162928/pokemon/images/b/b9/Shizui_1.png

Or where are there palm trees in Unova? e___e

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162946/pokemon/images/a/a6/Shizui_3.png http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162937/pokemon/images/8/86/Shizui_2.png

Nope, I got it: The craters caused Clay to close down.

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
The Badge Case.

If Clay does resign, what would become of his Gym? We can still see it on the map.

I think it's Drayden and Iris that we'll be missing out. The path to Opelucid is frozen. Also Drayden is skipped in the Anime, maybe a hint.

The problem is we don't know where Shizui's Gym is located. Undella's frozen too so it can't be there, unless the plot ends before we face the league. Maybe Skyla flies us over to East Unova then we unlock the area somewhat and meet him?

I did think that he lived in the South West, in that area before port city, so we'd have to return to face him. But everyone else is right, he lived by Undella. Or does he live underwater? This screenshot is dark so gives off the presence of them being in a cave or somewhere underneath.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162928/pokemon/images/b/b9/Shizui_1.png

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162946/pokemon/images/a/a6/Shizui_3.png http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120414162937/pokemon/images/8/86/Shizui_2.png

Palm trees are usually located in a warm, tropical area with lots of open water, so my guess would be northeast Unova like in Undella Town, or Southwest where that port city is shown. Either way, i'm excited to finally get some more information about Shizui, such as Pokemon, and his sprites and whatnot.

Drayden wasn't skipped. He was mentioned and even shown. I believe they even said he was a Gym Leader, too. However, I have no idea whether or not he will be shown again in the anime.

Craters seem like it would make Clay's business even easier to do, so I could see him focusing purely on them. Maybe we'll see him in that area?

Xander Olivieri
June 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
The Badge Case.

We actually don't know if the Region is really frozen. Other than the two caves that are after Driftvell, none of the other things on the map look frozen. The Ice barrier is still just for the map cause they have never once reffered to the Region itself being frozen.

I know the Promo Anime trailer showed a city frozen, but we don't know what city that was or at what point in the game that is. If its after the part where N and Ghetsis meet, then that City could very well be Castella or even the home town for all we know.

As for Drayden and the Anime, he's in the opening trailer to Best Wishes two and may be involved with the Junior Tournament thing that Cynthia is entering. He is standing by Shizui on top of the temple looking place.

They also most likely wrote out his gym to give a Sneak peek at Black and White 2 Characters like the Anime ALWAYS does.

Tracey and his Marill in Orange Islands before Generation 2. Misty and Togepi in Kanto before Generation 2.

That guy with a Blaziken at the end of the Silver Conference that beat Ash.

May's Munchlax before Generation 4.

Unova was the only one that didn't get an Anime sneak peek, although they did get a Movie Sneak Peek with Zorua and Zoroark.

Homika is a tie into the games to show off a new character that's going to be in the next series of games. So them skipping Drayden doesn't really mean that much game wise since they are using him in the second series which could be hinting that he is in B2W2.

۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩
June 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
How about steel type gym leader? It maybe will make the game better.

Sorry for my bad english

Forever
June 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM

Sorry for my bad english

Yeah a few of us were thinking that but right now it's probably pretty unlikely since there's already three gym changes and chances are the others will remain.

Also imo Drayden's anime thing kinda makes sense, wouldn't it be awkward to battle him with Iris right there? :x At least I think that shouldn't really be an indicator if he's skipped or not.

Reshiram Man
June 3rd, 2012, 05:27 AM

Sorry for my bad english

A steel type gym leader would be great, but like Requility said, three gym changes, and chances are no more will be added.

Even if there was, they would have most likely already revealed it before now.

Charmageddon
June 3rd, 2012, 05:36 AM
My predictions(/hopes):

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Elesa
5. Clay
6. Shizui
7. Skyla
8. Brycen

Given that Ice is driving the plot for this game, it would make sense for an Ice gym to be our final battle. He was pretty easy in BW, due to his straight-forwardness (all plain ice types, easily combatted), but evolve his Vanillish into Vanilluxe, switch his Cryogonal out for a couple of stronger dual-types, like a Lapras and a Weavile or something, and he's be a decent challenge. We already know the triplets and Lenora are out, and the anime to me seems to be hinting that Iris/Drayden won't be gym leaders (though I expect to see them in some capacity).

I expect Cheren's main Pokemon to be a Deerling (the only other Unova normal-type with appropriate base stats is Herdier, and he can't have that or he'd be almost identical to Lenora), and Homika to have a Garbodor (doesn't matter about the underlevelling, Pokemon opponents have been cheating for years now - remember Lance's Dragonites?).

I've moved Skyla up to 7th gym because I there are a lot of flying-types in Unova that could make a very strong team (I'd go for Unfezant/Swanna/Mandibuzz/Braviary). Meanwhile, there aren't a lot of viable water-types in Unova (I expect Carracosta to be his main Pokemon), so I think Shizui will be around the middle. I'd like to see an Eelektrik replacing one of Elesa's Emolga.

I'm assuming, of course, that we will only see a couple of non-Unova Pokemon in gym leader teams, with the vast majority being Unova mons.

June 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
I really don't see Clay appearing unless Brycen isn't a gym leader after all.
For Brycen's team I'll like to see Lapras, Glaceon, and Jynx (his new main Pokemon?) and if he has a fourth Beartic returning.
Skyla should have Skyraptor, Skarmory, Gliscor (to take on electric types), if theres a fourth than Salamence (a flying type who wanted to fly would go well with her).

Blue
June 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Considering everyone's having a shot at guessing I'll take a go too:

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Shizui
5. Elesa
6. Skyla
7. Brycen
8. Iris

It's easy for leaders to get jostled around and with the new gym leaders making place it's likely that i.e Elesa replaces Clay as the 5th leader.

Charmageddon
June 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just wondering, why does everyone seem so sure Clay isn't appearing? Did I miss something?

Kenshin5
June 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
People are just assuming that Clay is no longer a gym leader. We already have confirmed though.

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Elesa
Skyla

We saw Brycen but in a Pokewood role so no confirmation whether he is gym leader or not.

With Iris people assume she took the Gym over from Drayden and he either retired or was promoted to the Elite Four.

As for Burgh and Clay we don't know anything yet about either of those two.

And the Straiton Trio looks like they will be at as well.

At this point there is 3 gym positions up in the air.

Xander Olivieri
June 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Just wondering, why does everyone seem so sure Clay isn't appearing? Did I miss something?

No, you haven't. Everyone just assumes that he's not there, but there is nothing to support that.

Right now all cities that had Gyms in them still do according to the map. Though that would mean that the Gyms before would be in the same order.

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
(Brycen) {He seems to be in Pokewood and I'm starting to believe that he's only involved in that now}
Drayden/Iris

This leaves Shizui with one new spot opened by Brycen's possible leave of absence. Though his location isn't revealed so we don't know what position he is, but if it follows the current order he could be 7th OR 8th. Seems less likely to be like that, but ya never know with Gamefreak.

The Fallen
June 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Reason would leave me to believe that Brycen would be the leader out. Pokéwood sounds like a big role that would require a lot of attention. Even though this is a game and all, having a role in Pokéwood and being a gym leader at the same time would seem to be a bit much. Only a little bit longer and we'll know for sure.

Bluerang1
June 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
I don't know where but it's definitely confirmed that Brycen will be a Gym Leader. I think pokejungle said that a scan or the official website confirmed it. I didn't like this news because Iccirus is clearly frozen. But someone said he's an Ice Gym Leader so it doesn't particularly affect him.

June 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I don't know where but it's definitely confirmed that Brycen will be a Gym Leader. I think pokejungle said that a scan or the official website confirmed it. I didn't like this news because Iccirus is clearly frozen. But someone said he's an Ice Gym Leader so it doesn't particularly affect him.
I was the one who mentioned the ice thing, perhaps it was his town in the trailer...
Really? Well if it is confirmed I must say I'm glad to see Brycen play his role as gym leader.
Also may I add that Fantina in gen 4 participated in contests, and Jasmine was in the Poketholon so what's stopping Brycen? It might just be a hobby...seriously poor guy seems to be disliked...
I do feel sad that Clay might not be coming back...I would've perfered Burgh being eliminated...

Forever
June 4th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I really don't see Clay appearing unless Brycen isn't a gym leader after all.
For Brycen's team I'll like to see Lapras, Glaceon, and Jynx (his new main Pokemon?) and if he has a fourth Beartic returning.
Skyla should have Skyraptor, Skarmory, Gliscor (to take on electric types), if theres a fourth than Salamence (a flying type who wanted to fly would go well with her).

Uh Jynx is an out-going Pokemon, that doesn't really fit Brycen at all. XD; I'd much rather if he kept two from Unova and added at least one of those others, probably Lapras more than the other two.

Jellicent♀
June 4th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Uh Jynx is an out-going Pokemon, that doesn't really fit Brycen at all. XD; I'd much rather if he kept two from Unova and added at least one of those others, probably Lapras more than the other two.

Well he seems a LOT more outgoing this time around, he used to be an actor and now he's chasing that dream once more! I mean, look at him, dressing up and EVERYthing. So I wouldn't put a Jynx past him, now. I could most certainly see him with a Lapras.

Kaori
June 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Clay is so amazing, shame on y'all! @MRAS - Why would Brycen determine whether or not he's a Gym Leader anyway?

I'd prefer Clay to keep his spot rather than Brycen anyway; his character was a lot more outgoing.

SolarAbusoru
June 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM
considering Clay's gym is still on the map, I am pretty sure he's still a gym leader.

SirWolfiekins
June 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Needs more Dark and Bug gyms yo =P

KingCyndaquil
June 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM
If Brycen isn't a leader then i have a strong feeling he will take part in the story, people seem to forget he told us the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom in the first place, but between him and clay it's kind of tied with me cause I really like them both.

June 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Clay is so amazing, shame on y'all! @MRAS - Why would Brycen determine whether or not he's a Gym Leader anyway?

I'd prefer Clay to keep his spot rather than Brycen anyway; his character was a lot more outgoing.

Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...

Forever
June 5th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Needs more Dark and Bug gyms yo =P

Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.

Jellicent♀
June 5th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.

Don't give up! D;
They haven't ALL been announced yet! I'm still rootin' for a Dark Gym. But if not, as long as they have Clay, I'm Gucci. But really, if Drayden has moved on to being an E4 member and Iris is a Gym Leader, I'm gonna be a little irritated that it's going to be G/S/C, HG/SS all over again.

Cid
June 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Nooo. u_u
A Dark-type Gym is very unlikely at this point. Maybe next gen?

But yeah so far we have five Gym Leaders (technically four) fighting for three spots.
Why not just have all ten though? Heh, screw the magical eight.

Cheren
Homika
Shizui
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
Brycen
Iris/Drayden

I believe they'll go with it at that order, too. Give or take a few. Shizui can be relocated to a later Gym but he always stood out for me as an early Gym, I don't know why. Also, we aren't really sure that the player character will go about the region in the same path as the BW protags, so maybe the old Gym Leaders returning can switch around in order, too. But yeah regarding the current surplus of Gym Leaders, if no one becomes an Elite Four member then I'm leaning towards Brycen retiring and opening his spot. :(

Forever
June 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Well yeah so far gen V has really switched up the order of what normally happens so with the introduction of new leaders they technically could skip the tradition of eight, given how they changed the e4.

Blue
June 5th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Id prefer it if there were 10, it would make the games even more separated from the others and it would be more challenging, as unlikely as it is it's still possible.

Jellicent♀
June 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ten gyms would be so fun! D:
That'd be a neat little thing to do. It seems that the anime MIGHT (don't quote me on it) be heading into that direction, as well. Maybe, idk. If Ash is going to be battling Homika, Shizui, AND Drayden for a Gym battle, I could see us having ten badges and ten gyms in the next game!

June 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I agree, ten would be great ^_^ (it'll be like Ash in the anime as mentioned by...)
If they do this I hope that the later gym leaders have more than three to make them even more challenging.

SouKoLian9102
June 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hopefully it's not just me, but I hate that the last few gyms have only 3 Pokemon. Not much of a challenge, is it? OGod plsplspls let the later gyms have more Pokemon...
I'm confused about Brycen. Is he going to have a single role in PokeWood or is he also going to be the gym leader? Truth be told I don't really like him... + I want a Dark Gym sooo bad.

Reshiram Man
June 6th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Not very much, but Shizui has three pokemon on his team. It don't help very much however, considering the first Unova had mainly only three or less Pokemon on the gym leaders team.

Blue
June 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.

Reshiram Man
June 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.

These new gyms do need versatility, which BW did lack. So, I agree completely with you.

June 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
If Shizui is fourth or seventh or eighth which are the positions I think he has a chance at then our hopes for more than three Pokemon aren't looking too good since he only has three pokemon in the trailers...

Forever
June 7th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah I don't think it's gunna change from the 3 we saw in the trailer. :x If 3 is the standard if every gym that'll just make the possible rematches much more interesting, since they allow for many more changes in the teams.

June 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.

Kanto_Johto
June 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM
^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.It's fairly unlikely at this point, but it could still happen. Bearing in mind that so far we only know of five confirmed gym leaders, leaving a possible maximum of three entirely new gym leaders (although this is unlikely, as mentioned). Burgh, Clay, Brycen and Drayden/Iris may not make comebacks at all. I remember someone earlier in the thread mentioning that Burgh's gym badge curves downwards at a sharper angle than the silhouette of the third badge in the picture of Cheren giving you the basic badge. Chances are it probably is Burgh's badge, but you never know.

If Grimsley is confirmed to remain a member of the E4, I think the chances of a Dark type gym are essentially eliminated.

June 8th, 2012, 07:37 AM
In one of the recent trailers they showed Opelucid city (Black version) so chances are that Drayden and Iris might be returning (then again that doesn't really mean they will be gym leaders seeing how they show Clay's city on the map).

Blue
June 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Well the fact that Drayden appeared in the anime makes me think that he may be returning in the actual games, whether that be as a gym leader or not I don't know. He could have easily upgraded to an Elite Four Member or even Champion, it does suit him after all.

Esper
June 8th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Even if he appears in the anime it doesn't mean that he'll necessarily appear in the game. But if it does it could simply be in a role similar to the professor, to give you information and help you out.

I do think it would be better to see him in the E4 though.

Jellicent♀
June 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!

Blue
June 9th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I'm guessing we may actually see rematches! c:
Homika is shown to own a Garbodor in the anime, so maybe this means that she will have a Trubbish, and later in the games we actually get to see the Gym Leaders with improved teams! Of course this is me shooting in the dark at this hope I have, but it'd be fun as heck!

I'm pretty sure they will be, I was kinda surprised they were excluded from Black & White but they usually save the rematches for the third game so hopefully there will be.

Hikamaru
June 9th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'm hoping for Gym Leader rematches given that Homika is the second Gym Leader yet she has a Garbodor in the anime.

I agree with Jellicent, she might have a Trubbish along with Koffing is this was the case.

Xander Olivieri
June 9th, 2012, 05:38 AM
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.

Kaori
June 9th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...
There's two games so I'm pretty sure Iris and Drayden will be the last Gym Leader, the one varying on which game you get. I mean why wouldn't they do that?

PlatinumDude
June 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
New Rumor says Burgh is still third Gym, so so far they are still in the same order if this is true. Which really questions where they are going to put Shizui.

If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)

Hikamaru
June 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
New prediction time for Gym order:

1. Cheren
2. Homika
3. Burgh
4. Elesa
5. Shizui
6. Skyla
7. Brycen
8. Iris

(Drayden goes to the Elite Four, plus it gives gender equality to the Gym Leaders)

So, what'ya think of this prediction?

Xander Olivieri
June 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
If the rumor does come true, I think Shizui could be the 5th gym leader. Some of the past 5th gym leaders had 3 Pokemon with them (Fantina, Clay, Norman)

This is asuming that b2w2 doesn't follow BW's trend and give gyms 3 to 8 only three pokemon. Personally I'm hoping Shizui is 7th or 8th.

June 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Well if Burgh is really third as rumored than chances are that Shizui is fifth or seventh (if Brycen doesn't take the role for these games). I'm guessing that Iris and Drayden will keep their positions if the rest of the returning gym leaders do as well.

Altairis
June 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'm hoping that they include Lenora and the other replaced Gym Leaders in the storyline, and that they don't just disappear and that there's a reason that they've been replaced :x

It seems kind of odd to me that Gamefreak would just add 2 Gym Leaders and not completely redo all of them, so I hope there is a reason.

Forever
June 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM

Oh... I don't really want to see Burgh. At least it kinda would spread it out though in terms of new things to see early on, since you have Cheren as a leader, Homika as a leader, Elesa's redesign--hmmm so Elesa would be fourth then. I guess that wouldn't be too bad. :(

Kaori
June 10th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Eh, I don't really care for Burgh all that much. Though if he is a Gym Leader once again, I'd hope to see a better variety of bug Pokémon given to him.

Jellicent♀
June 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.

Blue
June 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.

June 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
So if Burgh is returning then that means the only leaders who are yet to appear is Clay, Drayden, Iris & The Trio so obviously one of those are going to be excluded considering there are only two spaces left.
Well they've shown Drayden we simply don't have a confirmation about him.
Lenora seemes to have been replaced. My guess is the trio is gone so that leave Clay or the dragon gym leaders. I wish Drayden was confirmed one way or the other, it'll be much easier to narrow down...

Zayphora
June 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I can't stand Burgh. He was so annoying. I hope he has better hair, if he is back. Those curls looked stupid on him. BURGH WAS STUPID, OKAY? I agree with Kaori, I want him to have better variety. His team was terrible.

I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.

Jellicent♀
June 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I also agree. I just don't see the point of a bug gym. I think a Steel gym would be epic in Castelia.

I'm perfectly fine with a Bug-type Gym, just not Burgh. If he had a better look and a better team, I think I'd like him. Also, if he didn't have those stupid walls, I'd like that VERY much.

Blue
June 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'd like Burgh to be situated in a less populated City, Castelia didn't really suit him IMO as he wasn't really a strong character compared to others. As it's been brought up a Steel type leader would really suit being in Castelia City with the structural designs etc.

June 10th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I dislike Burgh too...why couldn't they get rid of him and keep Clay/Brycen, Triplets, or Lenora?
Oh well...hopefully they give him something like they did with Brycen to give him more of a role...

Bluerang1
June 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Shizui's location has us all dumbfounded.

My only beef with Burgh is his English name. But always, I'd have like to see more interaction from his part but is artistic Bugness suits Castelia.

Revan_Ace
June 12th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Well to date there are there new gyms and gymleaders.The first gym in the game is run by the character Cheren. After his journey in Unova two years previously, he has become a gym leader within the Unova region. Taking over the duties of Normal-type Leader from Lenora, Cheren seems to not battle inside a specific gym but battle outside. His team appears to be low levelled, with him having a Patrat.The first new gym we know about is the Poison-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Homika. This gym is set up similar to a music stage where Homika plays with her band. It is currently unknown what the puzzle will be.The next new gym we know about is the Water-type Gym run by the Gym Leader Shizui. The set up for this gym is not currently known but it appears to be a gym where you have to navigate the gym by using lilypads which move to the direction you enter them.One of the classic Gyms in Unova is the Mistralton City gym. This gym is shown to have a whole new puzzle which involves being blown around by wind over the air hangar. The old Gym Leader, Skyla is still the Gym Leader

captollie
June 12th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I want to see Burgh change his appearance all together. Maybe his artistic vision has changed during those two years and now he and his gym look completely different.

June 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I want to see Burgh change his appearance all together. Maybe his artistic vision has changed during those two years and now he and his gym look completely different.
Good reasoning. I hope his gym is more of a maze like an ant farm now, or a better looking beehive.

Kenmoor
June 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Good reasoning. I hope his gym is more of a maze like an ant farm now, or a better looking beehive.
An "Artistic" Gym? (*qouted from captollie) Now I'm thinking of the protagonists going through the random paint covered paintbrushes that replaced the last Gym's honey. Now instead of honey we will be covered in paint. The Gym's walls could be covered in paintings and we would need to click/press those in order to do something. That be neat if in the end our sprite would be multicolored and Burgh would compliment us on our "Artistic clothes". Ha!

Blue
June 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
If Skyla's gym has changed then I'm sure Burgh's will.. I can sympathise for those who had trouble with his gym spending too long stretching through those honey walls. Hopefully it will be similar to Bugy's gym in HGSS, I enjoyed that puzzle and design.

June 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Lol, that would be fun to go though ^_^. Maybe the guy at the begginning of the gym hands the player an umbrella and in the end you get an artistic looking umbrella.

Elesa's looks like catwalk in the animated trailer, and Homika's like a place where you practice your rock, and Skyla has airplane fans... So perhaps the gym leaders puzzles match their jobs (well except for Shizui unless he does something with frogs...)

Kenmoor
June 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
As a(n) (Key) Item? When would you use that? Maybe Burgh could auction that off for us and we get some money...
Who else has a random side line profession? Or the Gym could mimic the environment in where it's at.
Elesa's Gym was originally a roller coaster following Nimbassa's entertainment values. Now it's a catwalk? Don't tell me that we have to randomly battle Super Models to get to Elesa. Or that the Gym's home city is the home of modeling. Ugh. Same goes for the rest.

June 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Well Brycen is an Actor...it could be a backstage like place where we have to pull ropes to lift objects and set the scene to battle him...
Interestingly enough all the gym leaders who were replaced had their gym set up like their careers (restraunt for the triplets, museum for Lenora, and possibly miner owner for Clay...)

Zayphora
June 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM
We'll probably have to battle the "Beauties" if Elesa's gym is really a runway.

June 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Come to think about it weren't the beauties one of the classes that was missing from BW along with Bug catchers?
Perhaps all the models are dressed up the same as Elesa (like how the ninja's looked like Jasmine) and if you pick the wrong one they remove their outfit and battle you.

Kenmoor
June 12th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Whoops, "Beauties", right. Or they could have made a new title for them.
Oh great a runway filled with Elesa look-a-likes. A dream or a nightmare for some. Or they could just screw it and put in a straight runway full of the Beauties.

Bluerang1
June 12th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Elesa has a new Gym, she's like on a stage. She also has a Flaafy, can't wait to see her with an Ampharos.

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Ooh I like her new gym, looks nice. Not a fan of her having Flaafy though, when you consider her other two Pokemon seem kinda stronger than that. :(

Xander Olivieri
June 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Watch Flaaffy is Elesa's strongest Pokemon just because you don't like it being there. XD

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Oh I have no doubt it will be, it just seems so very out of place when you consider general stats-wise strength. Wonder what happened to her old Emolga, though. lol.

Symbonite
June 12th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Here's to hoping that she doesn't have more than one Emolga and the Volt Switch combo. xD

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Well, unless she has four (which is unlikely considering the most anyone has so far is three) then that Emolga is long gone, due to only on Emolga/Zebstrika being in the anime trailerrrr.

Symbonite
June 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hopefully she'll have something that we wouldn't expect her to have. Eelektross maybe? There really is a lack of new Electric types this generation, so there couldn't be but so many possibilities.

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Again, that'd mean four Pokemon. :( Unless it was a last-minute removal of Emolga, possibly, I do doubt it.

Xander Olivieri
June 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Here's to hoping that she doesn't have more than one Emolga and the Volt Switch combo. xD

Flaaffy can learn Volt Switch too though. So the combo is still there XD.

And I have a feeling she'll only have 3 since the games are going in roughly the same order making her fourth with Shizui possibly being after her she'd have three as well.

Symbonite
June 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Unless they do what they did with Platinum to increase Flints teams and give him more of his actual type, unless they plan on keeping this strictly Unova once again. T_T

Jellicent♀
June 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Ooh I like her new gym, looks nice. Not a fan of her having Flaafy though, when you consider her other two Pokemon seem kinda stronger than that. :(

Of course, it kinda fits her imo. She's this sexy model, Flaffy is this cute and adorable Pokemon that's a little fancy itself.
But again, I'ma fan of anything pink, so she gets points from me for having it.

June 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM
A flaffy, well that explains the fluffy coat xD
Well I'm glad to see that flaffy's being used for a gym, the fact that it's not an Ampharos most likely means she's battled pretty early on, most likely still fourth as mentioned before.

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well she already had the cute quota filled at Emolga! Flaaffy wasn't necessary, but will probably evolve @ rematches.

June 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I seriously don't think Flaffy is that horrible of a Pokemon...perhaps it has strong moves to compensate for it's stats, moves such as thunder, thunder wave, rain, and volt switch.

Blue
June 13th, 2012, 05:29 AM
So Elesa has a Flaaffy, it shows that they're not just using Unova exclusive Pokémon anymore and may be liable to a larger team. Assuming rematches are in place then we'll also be seeing an Ampharos on her team possibly?

Kenmoor
June 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Well, she could have a(n) Voltorb/Electrode for flashy effects... Her Volt Switch combo could work pretty well with a(n) Voltorb/Electrode. Just imagine the destruction-
You are down to your last Pokemon...
"Flaafy used Volt Switch"
"The foe's Flaafy went back to Elesa!"
"Elesa sent out Electrode"
Your Pokemon attacks.
Electrode used Self Destruct!
You blacked out...

Jellicent♀
June 13th, 2012, 06:46 AM
See, if we have remarries I wonder if Cheren will have a Delcatty or a Lopunny, if at all! I could see him with a Snorlax. Elesa doesn't seem like she would be the one to have an Electrode, and I think Zebstrika is probably still her best Pokemon.

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I think rematched Cheren will have a mixed team like he did in BW.

He doesn't have a Gym and seems to be helping Lenora out. Also, this will explain his weaker Pokemon, he wants learn that strength isn't everything.

Kenmoor
June 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I think rematched Cheren will have a mixed team like he did in BW.
Don't you remember? He's the new Normal type Gym Leader so I doubt that he'll be mixed unless the Pokemon are half Normal/half whatever.

Kanto_Johto
June 13th, 2012, 07:10 AM
See, if we have remarries I wonder if Cheren will have a Delcatty or a Lopunny, if at all! I could see him with a Snorlax. Elesa doesn't seem like she would be the one to have an Electrode, and I think Zebstrika is probably still her best Pokemon.Not to mention that Electrode is a terrible Pokemon with an awful attack stat anyway. Even if it Elesa did use a Volt Switch/Selfdestruct combo, any Pokemon with a decent defense stat could easily take both hits.

And yeah, if Cheren retains his ideal for strength, I could definitely see him using a Snorlax or possibly even a Slaking.

June 13th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Perhaps Cheren will receive the signature Pokemon of previous gym leaders for his rematch team: Milktank, Slacking, and Watchog
He could also have Sawbuck amd Snorlax (as mentioned by others)

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Don't you remember? He's the new Normal type Gym Leader so I doubt that he'll be mixed unless the Pokemon are half Normal/half whatever.

Yes but he doesn't have a Gym. For all we know, post-game Nacrene will be unfrozen and Lenora can resume her duties as Normal Gym Leader. Cheren can then continue his journey or whatever with the Pokemon he had form BW.

I just don't see him sticking with Normal Pokemon.

June 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Well if Lenora gets her job back than the Trio might as well get theirs too...
I see Cheren sticking to normal types actually, he has that type of plain look to him...

Zayphora
June 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Can someone post a pic of Elesa's new gym? I wanna see but I'm too lazy to find it xDDD

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Elesa's Gym as part of the new scans:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012JUL_CC3.jpg

June 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I wish they showed more of her gym, all we got is the platform at the end...

SolarAbusoru
June 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Considering her gym is a fashion show, maybe the puzzle could be a hall of mirrors, or a studio walkway, maybe

June 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Possibly. Or maybe there are trainers hidden behind light and if you walk past one they jump out at you to battle you.

Xebelleon
June 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
The Poison Badge resembles an arm of Garbodor. Wonder if Sludge Wave will be the TM. Also, given the assumed map and plot changes, I am quite high in confidence that the Water gym TM is to be for SCALD. Be annoyed if it was HM for Surf...

Considering her gym is a fashion show, maybe the puzzle could be a hall of mirrors, or a studio walkway, maybe

Narrow path, with too slow walking you risk falling into the media for a throw out of the room?

June 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I hope it's not something gimmicky like having to model a certain way to get to Elesa...

Zayphora
June 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I hope it's not something gimmicky like having to model a certain way to get to Elesa...

Oh good lord, that would be HORRIBLE>.> be creative GAME FREAK!!

Hikamaru
June 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Elesa's Gym as part of the new scans:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012JUL_CC3.jpg

I love her new Sugimori art, Elesa is my fave Gym Leader.

And I think Flaaffy is a nice Pokemon for her, I'm hoping she gets Ampharos in a rematch.

Her new Gym design is looking good too.

June 13th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Her new clothes seem to show some skin (at least it looks like skin...) too, maybe the coat is to keep warm...
The new gym's lighting is different than I had imagined, I wish it was dark with lights focused on Elesa like in the trailer.

I'm thinking Homika will have a Trubish after all due to the badge and her having the evolution in the anime.

Zayphora
June 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
I like the outfit Elesa's portrayed in in the scans. It, for some reason, looks like a mecha bikini...0.o

Forever
June 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Really doubt that. :x Would involve way too much effort on GF's part, I think. I'd say we're pretty safe.

I like the outfit Elesa's portrayed in in the scans. It, for some reason, looks like a mecha bikini...0.o

I like it too. :3

June 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM
xD It sort of does.
Cheren and Elesa got new designs, but it seems like Skyla didn't and neither did Brycen, it could go either way for Iris and Burgh...

Forever
June 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I was just thinking about the actual gym speculation (the gyms not the people etc) and I was wondering, if Iris or Drayden returned, what if they don't have a gym this time, and rather you earn the badge after dealing with Reshiram/Zekrom situation.

June 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I was just thinking about the actual gym speculation (the gyms not the people etc) and I was wondering, if Iris or Drayden returned, what if they don't have a gym this time, and rather you earn the badge after dealing with Reshiram/Zekrom situation.
I believe they've done something like that in the anime or pokemon special manga at one point. Considering how they had the E4 challenge interrupted they could do the same for the 8th gym, maybe after defeating Ghetsis you get the badge...

fenyx4
June 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm a bit behind in B2W2 news; will probably acknowledge the July 2012 Corocoro information a little later. >.> And I'll probably have more to add to this thread once I read a few more posts. XD

Anyway, I'm hoping that a Rock-type Gym and a Steel-type Gym (or a Rock-type and Steel-type Elite 4 member) get added in B2W2, so that it can be said that Unova has had a Gym Leader or Elite 4 member of every single type known to date. :D

Not sure about Grimsley's fate in B2W2 (I anticipate he'll retain Elite 4 status for some reason), but if he does happen to get removed, a Dark-type Gym would be interesting because that's the only Type that still has no Gym to call its own after all these years - only Elite 4 members. >.> Otherwise, I guess I'll just wait until Generation 6+...

:cer_laugh: The thought of that is hilarious, but I'm wondering how I'd feel if that were actually put into practice...

xD It sort of does.
Cheren and Elesa got new designs, but it seems like Skyla didn't and neither did Brycen, it could go either way for Iris and Burgh...

I know Skyla's outfit is hot-tastic, but I was really looking forward to what new outfit she would have since she's returning as well... :o

Aquarius1997
June 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I want to know the scheme of homika's gym the most. Since the games only had two poisen gym leaders,Koga and Janine, and they both used the same scheme, invisable walls, bw2 has SOOO much potential for a poisen-oriented scheme, but i have doubts that her gym wont have any special theme becase it looks like in the screenshot that that room where her band is playin in looks like the entire gym

Any ideas what the sceme would be??

June 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
^My guess is that it'll be to go around the instruments and trainers eventually getting to her.

She's shown in the anime with the Venipede and Trubish lines along with a Koffin so she could possibly have pokemon from those families and Koffin (which is likely since she has a picture of one)

Xander Olivieri
June 15th, 2012, 03:49 AM
A new screenshot from Pokejungle shows Elesa's Flaaffy at Level 28 So she's most likely fourth if we set it by Black/White standards.

ANinyMouse
June 15th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Sounds like the level curve this time around will be slightly higher - only by a few levels, it seems. Still, that's good!

Emolga, Flaafy, Zebstrika. Not bad. I like how Flaafy matches her coat!

Mew~
June 15th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I like Elesa's gym, it's fantastic how that animation worked with it. I don't know about puzzles, perhaps it's just a walk down the catwalk, I could probably see something like in Johto and Sinnoh (D/P not Pt) where where you have to go on a sidequest before you can enter, and well, messing up the order in which you face them, I quite liked that about Jasmine and Fantina. Then again the order they've shown the gym leaders so far makes sense, so that ruins my theory completely.

Jellicent♀
June 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM
I could see you having to battle your way through hairstylists, photographers, and designers before having to face Elesa. That would be amazing. xD

But if Iris and Drayden are back as Leaders, there's no way you won't be able to skip their gym. Like, really, I don't think GF will go so low as to do something a cheesy as giving you the badge as a thank you. More than likely the incident will happen after the eighth gym, like they did in Black and White.

Xander Olivieri
June 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I could see you having to battle your way through hairstylists, photographers, and designers before having to face Elesa. That would be amazing. xD

But if Iris and Drayden are back as Leaders, there's no way you won't be able to skip their gym. Like, really, I don't think GF will go so low as to do something a cheesy as giving you the badge as a thank you. More than likely the incident will happen after the eighth gym, like they did in Black and White.

Or the event could happen before the final gym like the other four generations.

Aquarius1997
June 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM
What if elesas scheme is the same as Jasmines. She probably cant battle until a certain event is overcomed(ex. Maybe lure the paparazzi away from her) once you do that you can battle her

OR

what if you had to compete with her at Pokéwood and beat her and her pokemon in an acting competition. Once you beat her than you can battle

June 15th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I think the paparazzi is more likely than the Pokewood thing...
Perhaps we line up to see her and have to defeat the people in front to skip them and get to her.

Aquarius1997
June 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
If the paparazzi thing would happen, they could have epic triple/rotation battles to eventually meet her
Ahh i can see it in my mind

PMZ before defeat-
You want to see Elesa too!!! You have to battle us first!

* EPIC TRIPLE/ROTATION BATTLE COMMENCES*

PMZ after defeat-
You must really wanted to see her ... Are you her partner??

ANinyMouse
June 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that since Black 2 and White 2 are going to have a LOT of version differences again, like Black & White 1, that the leader for Opelucid Gym will depend on the version again as well.

Like, if Iris is the leader of your version, the town has grown more agricultural: maybe vines growing up the sides of buildings, little windowsill gardens, some terracotta archways...

Or if Drayden is the leader of your version, the sidewalks are actually conveyor belts, there are lots of street lamps, cars & trucks moving overhead, a huge futuristic clock tower...

Also, I'm pretty sure there are only two gym paths that make any kind of sense:

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Drayden/Iris - Shizui

Cheren - Homika - Burgh - Elesa - Clay - Skyla - Shizui - Drayden/Iris

The first one is a linear path. I'm pretty sure most people agree that Shizui seems to be located someplace in Eastern Unova, and since there's a clear path from the starting town all the way to Opelucid (and only 7 gyms currently visible), it could be that the Kyurem plot plays out after Gym 7. Only afterwards would we face Gym 8.

Now, path #2 is kinda interesting! If, after we beat Skyla, she lets us hitch a ride one her plane, maybe she'll fly us over to the new airport that's in Eastern Unova (you can see it on the map) and we'll face Shizui over there before the 8th Gym.

June 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM
^ The air port there will actually make sense than...

I want Brycen to be a gym leader but I also want Clay to stay... also if he isn't why is Brycen the only former gym leader shown...even if he is will they explain what became of the missing gym leaders?

TheChaosBlue
June 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

https://twitter.com/pkmn_aapf/status/213866020656517121/photo/1/large

Looks to me Clay, Drayden and Burgh returns.....but who's the top one on the right? Wait....that's Skyla....looks like their artwork remains the same. Elesa's is the only returning Gym Leader to receive new art.

Hikamaru
June 15th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Not sure if this belongs here....but BulbaNewsNOW (Bulbgarden/Bulbanews twitter) account has leaked all eight Unova Gym Leaders....but the photo is grainy. Really grainy.

https://twitter.com/pkmn_aapf/status/213866020656517121/photo/1/large

Looks to me Clay, Drayden and Burgh returns.....but who's the top one on the right? Wait....that's Skyla....looks like their artwork remains the same. Elesa's is the only returning Gym Leader to receive new art.

The one on the top right is Skyla btw.

The Gym Leaders shown are: Drayden, Clay, Cheren, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, Shizui and Homika. So, only Lenora, Brycen and the Striaton Trio got replaced.

I guess this confirmed Brycen stopped being Gym Leader cos his hometown was frozen and he now works in Pokewood.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?

TheChaosBlue
June 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
The one on the top right is Skyla.

So, I wonder if Drayden will be exclusive to Black 2 or will he be Gym Leader in both games?

Yup, Skyla.

And With Drayden, Clay, Burgh, Skyla, And Elesa returning with three new Gym Leaders, I doubt he's a version exclusive this time around.

June 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Ahh so no Brycen after all if true...oh well at least he wasn't put under the bus like Lenora or triplets (if they aren't you know who).

Hikamaru
June 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I'm predicting this order for the Gyms after seeing the link:

1. Cheren (Normal, Basic Badge)
2. Homika (Poison, Toxic Badge)
3. Burgh (Bug, Insect Badge)
4. Elesa (Electric, Bolt Badge)
5. Shizui (Water, ???? Badge)
6. Clay (Ground, Quake Badge)
7. Skyla (Flying, Jet Badge)
8. Drayden (Dragon, Legend Badge)

rocky505
June 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Why are people not mentioning that Iris is also gone.

TheChaosBlue
June 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Ahh so no Brycen after all if true...oh well at least he wasn't put under the bus like Lenora or triplets (if they aren't you know who).

True, and I like he actually has somewhat of a role now from gym duties. He's too cool for that...excuse the pun. XP

I'm hope the order could be Cheren, Homika, Shizui, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla and lastly Drayden? Based on the map that what's I'm going for.

And crap...Iris is moving up then? Possible Elite Four Member this go around?

Hikamaru
June 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Why are people not mentioning that Iris is also gone.

Maybe this could signal that Iris has become an Elite Four member?

Also, I wonder what name they will give to Shizui's badge?

rocky505
June 15th, 2012, 10:06 PM
This is just an advertisement from corocoro. They can still have updated art in the strategy guides coming soon.

TheChaosBlue
June 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM

Good question. Seeing how the gym layout appears with lilypads and ponds and such, its name be something related to that.

June 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
What did happen to Iris...
Perhaps Shizui is 7th taking Brycen's position either that or third, pushing the old guard up a rank except Drayden who's kept his spot.

Forever
June 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
No Iris? :( I'm okay with Drayden being that gym leader tho. I agree with whoever said Shizui would take Brycen's spot since he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere earlier. :x

Mr Cat Dog
June 16th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Aw, bye bye Iris. She was always my favourite, even if I never actually battled against her.

While I would have liked a bit more shake-up with the Gym Leaders, hopefully the way that these ones are presented in BW2 will mean there'll be a nice bit of variety, instead of simply rehashing the same teams from the previous games.

Jellicent♀
June 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Oh thank the Lord Iris is gone. She annoyed the HECK out of me. I am so excited that Clay is back. Legit, I can't wait. <3
I still wanna know what happened to Iris. Maybe she's a full time Dragon trainer?
And I think that Shizui is indeed taking Brycen's spot.

PlatinumDude
June 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
No Iris? D: I actually liked her as a Gym Leader, but I think she could have a supporting role this time around.

Anyway, I'm kind of disappointed that no new Gym Leaders other than Homika and Shizui were revealed, but I'm fine with that because I like Homika.

I also agree with Hikari10's predicted gym lineup; it kind of makes sense to me that they might use a similar gym lineup as the original B/W.

Bluerang1
June 16th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.

June 16th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Hopefully this is only Black 2's line up...why Iris? Her city isn't frozen over like the Triplets', Lenora's, or Brycen's towns.

Blue
June 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM

For some reason I have a feeling that Shizui will give you the Wave Badge, IIRC it hasn't been used before and it suits him pretty well IMO.

Zayphora
June 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Wave Badge? I could see that. Probably means his name won't be Wade then. That is a bit too cheesy, even for GAME FREAK.

Xander Olivieri
June 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Lol we were lied to or the POkemon fan sites misinterpreted. I was sure Brycen wouldn't be in it, Iccirus is frozen over, but they said otherwise. Glad he isn't though.

Hopefully this is only Black 2's line up...why Iris? Her city isn't frozen over like the Triplets', Lenora's, or Brycen's towns.

There is supposedly only 1 City frozen and I doubt its any of the Gym Cities right now. The one in the trailer was fairly large (it could have been exaggerated for the trailer, but still). Iccirus wasn't that large, would make sense if it were Lenora's city cause it's fairly large though it could be the Second city from the game and not any of the Gym Cities.

As for the line up posted, that wouldn't really be the same as the B/W line up cause you'd have to travel through Black City/White Forest to get to Undella to battle Shizui then back to Nimbasa to get to Driftvell to battle Clay and move on from there.

I'm still goin with the linear pattern they had before:
Cheren, Homika, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Drayden, Shuzui

wombateiro
June 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.

Xander Olivieri
June 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Imo Shizui might be 7th and Drayden 8th. This gyms' order is currently shown in Bulbapedia. I think Opelucid Gym might be skipped during first visit in Opelucid, player will have to go through Lacunosa to Undella (where Shizui gym might be). After getting badge from Shizui, player will have to go to Giant Chasm, encounter Kyurem, go to Opelucid to get last badge and from Opelucid to League.

The Gym Leaders will be Cheren, Homika, Drayden, Clay, Elesa, Skyla, Burgh, and Shizui (order, other than the first two, is currently unknown).

No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.

wombateiro
June 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
No they aren't shown in order on Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia even says that the order in which the Gyms are ranked is still currently unknown.

I'm not saying it's official order but there it is:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova#Gym_Leaders_2

It makes sense, making Opelucid Gym last and going straight to League. Giant Chasm might be blocked by ice boundary while going to Undella to get 7th badge from Shizui. While going back to Opelucid, ice boundary would open.